PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Requests

Tned
08-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Make requests for new forums and/or forum catagories here.

Proposed New Forum Structure:

*Football Forums*
Broncos Talk
BoncoForums' Articles
Other NFL Team Discussion
Draft Chatter
Duck Before Entering (aka smack)

*Wide World of Sports*
NBA (new)
MLB (new)
highschool & college (new)
other - can include soccer, hockey, rugby, lax,beer pong lol. you get the idea (new)
Fantasy Sports

*Everything But the Gridiron*
Introduce Yourself
What's on your mind
Congrats...
Let Us Know

*P&R* (see note below)
Religion
Politics

*Entertainment*
Movies (new)
Music (new)
Video Games (new)
Graphics

Note regarding P&R -- Due to the inflamatory nature of P&R, we have the option of NOT including it in the list of posts that come up when you click "new posts". This will make it easier for people that don't wish to participate in them to not get 'drawn in' to the discussions by seeing them popup in 'new posts'. They would still show up in your 'User CP' if you have subscribed to one, just not in 'new posts.'

Please let me know your thoughts on the above proposed forum restructure and the proposed change to P&R related to the "new posts."

I do not want to make any changes to the structure until I have had a fair amount of feedback.

thanks

Bronco Bible
08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
A Bronco Trivia forum might be nice to see.:first:

Chica_Ang
09-01-2007, 08:16 PM
A Bronco Trivia forum might be nice to see.:first:

I second! :beer:

PRO:
1. good clean fun
2. use brain power, not fuel
3. learn more than i ever thought possible
4. attempt to stump the king of bronco knowledge mr. BB himself, which is extremely difficult
5. feeling smart

CON:
1. can't think of one

TXBRONC
09-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Have you thought about making a separate forum for College Football? There are a lot our fans that are big College Football fans as well.

Tned
09-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Have you thought about making a separate forum for College Football? There are a lot our fans that are big College Football fans as well.

I'm keeping a running list in the original post.

Snapping Turtle
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree that there should be a college football forum, but maybe it would be a good idea to make a combined College and High School football forum.

Bronco Bible
09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
NFL trivia I would be for:beer:

Tned
09-02-2007, 01:20 PM
NFL trivia I would be for:beer:

Should this be its own forum, or just an ongoing thread?

Bronco Bible
09-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Should this be its own forum, or just an ongoing thread?

Your right it should just be an on going thread.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 07:20 AM
here is just a couple things i would change but they are no big deal

1) CP's - they are fun and a way to earn respect around here
2) seperate the forum more, its either football or everything else
3) add a video game section (attracts more people)
4) ill think of some other things to help out

if you need help with anything let me know what i can do:salute:

thats about it . . . .how do we go about getting more people too, im assuming we cant just post on the other boards huh:confused:

Tned
09-05-2007, 07:30 AM
here is just a couple things i would change but they are no big deal

1) CP's - they are fun and a way to earn respect around here
2) seperate the forum more, its either football or everything else
3) add a video game section (attracts more people)
4) ill think of some other things to help out

if you need help with anything let me know what i can do:salute:

thats about it . . . .how do we go about getting more people too, im assuming we cant just post on the other boards huh:confused:

From the bottom up:

All we can do is spread the word. As it is, BroncosForums.com is typically on the first page of google if someone searches for Broncos Forums or Denver Broncos Forums. So, as the season starts, and more people are looking for a place to chat, they might head this way.

Beyond that, all we can do is spread the word. We have a nice group of posters already. As it is, after only a week, when I go to BM and hit New Posts (today's posts as they now name it) and I do the same here, in almost every case there are more new posts here than there. So, we have solid activity, but hopefully we can grow a little every week.

I have another thread on forum suggestions, but have had limited feedback. Do me a favor and post there, and more specifically, do you want all video games, just sports, what specific ideas do you have on further breaking up the forums. Do you like the "sub Forums" the way they are in P&R where you have to 'drill down' or do you just like the categories like "Football Forums" and "Everything but the gridiron"?

CPs are being discussed and there are two long threads about them. On the one hand a lot of people think they were fun and advantages, on the other hand people realise that this off season it was one of the most highly debating and inflammatory subjects on BM.

DenBronx
09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
i think he means all video games in general. that was a fun forum for gamers.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
yeah just in general . . . i still like the way "bronco country" was set up but think with users controlling how this one works it could be way better

so have like
Football Forum with
-GD
-Smack
-other teams

then have other sports forum with
-highschool - if people want it or combine it with the next one
-college
-NBA
-MLB
-other - can include soccer, hockey, rugby, lax,beer pong lol. you get the idea

then entertainment forum with
-movies
-music
-video games
-graphics

and then a general place for all the other threads that dont fit in those categories like
-the cafe and such
-picture threads
all that good stuff:salute:

i will also do my best to spread word of this forum and get it bigger than Bronco country

good luck keeping everything running smoothly around here i love the work so far

topscribe
09-05-2007, 07:06 PM
In the "Everything But The Gridiron" section, I personally
would like to see a slight alteration in the order, to wit:

Introduce Yourself
What's on your mind
Congrats...
Let Us Know

No biggie. That just seems a more natural order.

-----

Tned
09-05-2007, 07:12 PM
In the "Everything But The Gridiron" section, I personally
would like to see a slight alteration in the order, to wit:

Introduce Yourself
What's on your mind
Congrats...
Let Us Know

No biggie. That just seems a more natural order.

-----

Changed order.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 07:48 PM
i would change where the fantasy sports section is

im sure people on here will do fantasy in any sporty so maybe put it under wold of sports, if that makes sense:salute:

or just add a second section for it

i would also change the name from anything but the gridiron to anything but sports unless you can put other sports forum into that one, its nit-picky but it makes sense, at least to me

Lonestar
09-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Sounds good I'd place a restriction on the P&R as you stated.

Broncos Mtnman
09-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I like it, but shouldn't fantasy football be under the gridiron section?

You da man, Tned!!

:beer:

Tned
09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I like it, but shouldn't fantasy football be under the gridiron section?

You da man, Tned!!

:beer:

Changed it to Fantasy Sports

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Changed it to Fantasy Sports

i think it looks pretty perfect for now :salute:

your doing a great job tned, as i stated if you need help with anythig let me know :2thumbs:

Tned
09-05-2007, 11:10 PM
i think it looks pretty perfect for now :salute:

your doing a great job tned, as i stated if you need help with anythig let me know :2thumbs:

Thanks, I appreciate it. Keeping the ideas and input going, along with great posts and telling friends are the big things right now. :)

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. Keeping the ideas and input going, along with great posts and telling friends are the big things right now. :)

im pm'ing everybody complaining about the color on the "other" board :rockon::laugh:

Tned
09-05-2007, 11:24 PM
im pm'ing everybody complaining about the color on the "other" board :rockon::laugh:

Don't remember, focus on the positive. We don't need to tear down to build up. :2thumbs:

lex
09-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Sorry I overlooked this thread. Shouldnt there be a college football forum? Even if only to talk about draft prospects.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Don't remember, focus on the positive. We don't need to tear down to build up. :2thumbs:

exactly the approach i took, i just said that we have good intelligent football discussions, and a nice looking board:D

Tned
09-05-2007, 11:59 PM
exactly the approach i took, i just said that we have good intelligent football discussions, and a nice looking board:D

Perfecto, nothing sells like the truth :)

RunYouOver
09-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Don't know what's been discussed, but a college football forum is a neccesity.

broncosfanscott
09-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I like how everything is so far and I also agree that a Broncos trivia forum/thread would be nice.

broncosinindy
09-09-2007, 12:47 AM
I would love to see a draft forum. i think it is different from college ball. i would like to see it all year long too... but that is just from a draft dork like me.

Also what are you gonna do when this place outgrows itself or bogs down because of avys? i know the mane is notorious for it

Tned
09-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I would love to see a draft forum. i think it is different from college ball. i would like to see it all year long too... but that is just from a draft dork like me.

Also what are you gonna do when this place outgrows itself or bogs down because of avys? i know the mane is notorious for it

I have a plan in place to upgrade the hosting as needed. I have already done the research in terms of which company and plan to go to next, and then if that is outgrown, where to go from there. I don't anticipate it being an issue.

I am working on redoing the forums now, and will add a draft board.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I have a plan in place to upgrade the hosting as needed. I have already done the research in terms of which company and plan to go to next, and then if that is outgrown, where to go from there. I don't anticipate it being an issue.

I am working on redoing the forums now, and will add a draft board.

awesome Tned :rockon:

BCJ
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
How about a tailgate forum? I know they have one at the mane and it brings a great big tailgate to those that normally do it alone or with just a few.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
How about a tailgate forum? I know they have one at the mane and it brings a great big tailgate to those that normally do it alone or with just a few.

Hi BCJ - would this be similiar to a Game Day Thread, or something different?

Bronco9798
12-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Is there an email service here like the Freak had?

Tned
12-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Is there an email service here like the Freak had?

Not sure what that is. Can you describe how it worked?

claymore
12-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Not sure what that is. Can you describe how it worked?
You could sign up for email. Like if you provided one your email address would be tnedator@broncosforums.com

Bronco9798
12-23-2007, 01:48 PM
The Freak had it through everyone.net I believe.. It was a free email service.

Tned
12-23-2007, 01:56 PM
You could sign up for email. Like if you provided one your email address would be tnedator@broncosforums.com

Ok, I gotcha. I'll look into it. Either using a third party, or hosting on our own server.

I have a quickly growing list of things to look into. :laugh:

BroncoJoe
12-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Ok, I gotcha. I'll look into it. Either using a third party, or hosting on our own server.

I have a quickly growing list of things to look into. :laugh:

Thanks for the hospitality, tne. We appreciate it.

Tned
12-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the hospitality, tne. We appreciate it.

We appreciate you giving us a look. The more the merrier when it comes to talking Broncos and having a good time.

BroncoJoe
12-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Several fixes already. Wow. Having the reply box always active, active users viewing the thread you're looking at....

Thanks again.

Bronco9798
12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I agree Joe,,,,we need to get some of the guys over here that went to the nation. This place will be fine and more like the Freak. I'm liking it already.

Bronco9798
12-23-2007, 02:31 PM
My eyes are even adjusting to the colors...

Tned
12-23-2007, 02:35 PM
My eyes are even adjusting to the colors...

Yea, it's funny. When I first went to mania years ago, the blue caught me off guard. Then, when they changed from Broncomania to Broncos Country on the official site and went Bright White, we all screamed in agony. We lightened this up compared to the old broncomania, but it is still pretty blue :D

Colorado4Life
12-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I agree that there should be a college football forum, but maybe it would be a good idea to make a combined College and High School football forum.

I love your signature.

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:28 PM

Did you automatically get signed up for it when you registered at the freak, or did you have to do something?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I would like to officially request a Taligating/Get Together page.

If you need a few threads to start it off, go w/ Denver @ Buffalo 2007 pics; Denver @ Indy 2007 pics; and Denver @ Detroit 2007 pics.

pnbronco
02-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Is there are place where you can ask questions about term in football? I know everyone says that DJ was a .... and now is a .... and I don't understand what that is. I could get Football for Dummies but it would just be easier if I had a "safe" place I could ask. Thanks Tned for all you do for us.

Colorado4Life
03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
A forum discussing why Colorado4Life should be moderator and how great of a contributor he was to BroncosFreak, OrangeMane, Bronco Nation, RaidersFan.net and of course Broncosforums...

Tned
03-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Is there are place where you can ask questions about term in football? I know everyone says that DJ was a .... and now is a .... and I don't understand what that is. I could get Football for Dummies but it would just be easier if I had a "safe" place I could ask. Thanks Tned for all you do for us.

I meant to respond to this a while back, thanks for bumping the thread Colorado4Life.

Should this be a thread, or a new forum?

pnbronco
03-06-2008, 04:25 AM
I meant to respond to this a while back, thanks for bumping the thread Colorado4Life.

Should this be a thread, or a new forum?

Actually I think a thread would be great. Maybe have it as a sticky so people can ask without having to go look for it. Sorry it took me so long to answer back, too much traveling and too brain dead when home.

BroncoBJ
03-06-2008, 05:13 AM
Yea that is a neat idea PNbronco. And I think it should kind of be a forum. Because you can never know everything about football. Some times I think I know everything and I learn new things each day :lol:

And I think having a forum would give people who have questions whether its something basic like how many points are touchdowns worth or if its something more complicated like salary cap issues and other stuff like that.

Instead of one thread I think a forum would be better that way things would get answered more IMO. Because not everyone replies to questions in a thread that gets bumped. I pay more attention to newer threads then bumped threads. And if theres a forum that has new threads on different football questions I'd see it faster and have a better chance of trying to answer it. And If I have a question about something I think people would notice it more if it was a new thread instead of a question in a thread full of questions.

I dont know if all that made sense but thats just my idea.

Good idea though PNBronco :elefant:

Rick
03-06-2008, 09:09 AM
I know you are not favorable to using Mods Tned but thought I would throw out the idea anyway, you can do it or not :)

I am thinking perhaps a good way to deal with this might be a compination of things.

One to have a question part perhaps, but most importantly to intergrate a vbulletin mod that is a wiki, so members can see questions and can place them in the wiki with an answer, so eventually you have a nice, neat, organized collection of football facts.

Just an idea.

CoachChaz
03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Does it have to be so structured? In all honesty, a question can pretty much be asked anywhere and get a quick answer

Day1BroncoFan
03-06-2008, 11:31 AM
It would be nice for people like me to ask the questions without being either totally ignored or some smartass answer coming up. That seems to be what happens when I ask a question so far. At least if its a place for questions to be asked maybe I could expect a real answer.

I don't know if any one has noticed yet but I'm not the most knowledgeable about football. I just like to watch the Broncos play on Sunday's during the season. I don't immerse myself in football 24/7 like some do and I have a question to ask from time to time.

CoachChaz
03-06-2008, 11:44 AM
It would be nice for people like me to ask the questions without being either totally ignored or some smartass answer coming up. That seems to be what happens when I ask a question so far. At least if its a place for questions to be asked maybe I could expect a real answer.

I don't know if any one has noticed yet but I'm not the most knowledgeable about football. I just like to watch the Broncos play on Sunday's during the season. I don't immerse myself in football 24/7 like some do and I have a question to ask from time to time.

Well, another option would be to PM someone you trust to give you an answer without sarcasm or hatred. I don't think a thread will cure the problem, mainly because the people with the knowledge that others are looking for, probably won't spend much time in there...thus eliminating the answers.

Day1BroncoFan
03-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Well, another option would be to PM someone you trust to give you an answer without sarcasm or hatred. I don't think a thread will cure the problem, mainly because the people with the knowledge that others are looking for, probably won't spend much time in there...thus eliminating the answers.

I'm sure there would be some willing to share their knowledge. The point would be to accumulate certain facts in order to avoid the same questions being asked multiple times. I know I am always willing to share regarding the things I do know.

Lonestar
03-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I think it would be a good Idea because frankly some that are not ex players or coaches may be to timid to ask what many would perceive as a dumb question.

If there was a Wikipedia per se on here they could browse at their leisure or pop in and look for answer while reading another post to get a definition. Without looking dumb.

Perhaps we could get someone to volunteer to be the librarian of the area to keep it current and correct.

Personally I do not know the difference in 2 teck or 3 teck DT's. There are so many new terms floating around out there unless one is a professional in the field or a coach it is impossible to keep up..

Ask me about travel and I'll bury you, but with all the changes with different coaching every 3-5 years and new terms they use for "their" system I can't keep up. I some cases it means the same thing as nose tackle which I can relate to..

HolyDiver
03-06-2008, 01:20 PM
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! Cool, a thread about asking dumb questions................officially.

MOtorboat
03-06-2008, 01:21 PM
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! Cool, a thread about asking dumb questions................officially.

Hey HD...go scout DIII Punters.

TIA.

HolyDiver
03-06-2008, 01:22 PM

Maybe we could make a rule, where we are only allowed to amke fun of the questions once or....maybe twice, before giving the real answer.

HolyDiver
03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey HD...go scout DIII Punters.

TIA.

A fellow Assistant mod talking that way................smh.

MOtorboat
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM

You haven't even started the thread...HD...we're counting on you!

HolyDiver
03-06-2008, 01:25 PM
You haven't even started the thread...HD...we're counting on you!

Yeah, I may do that tomorrow if someone else doesn't.

BroncoJoe
03-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Yo Tned -

Can you make it so when you look at "Who's Online", it shows more than 20 people? I've changed it to 40 so it shows everyone on one page, but it defaults back to 20.

Whining, I know....

Jody
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Dear Tned,

There's only one thing missing from enjoying this forum even more, and that would be a beer dispenser on the side of my PC, on demand of course.:D Hey....feel free to add an auto wine dispenser as well. :whoknows: Surely, being a whiz like yourself on the PC, you can make this happen on everyone's PC. ;)

Oh yes....and how's MIGHTY DOG? *Four Paws of Death*

And BroncoJoe...you know my request outranks your own. Silly man.;)

frauschieze
03-06-2008, 06:52 PM

MB was accepted into the Ass Mods? WTH? Where's his acceptance speech?

MOtorboat
03-06-2008, 06:53 PM
MB was accepted into the Ass Mods? Where's his acceptance speech?

There's no thread. And as the newest member, I was afraid to start THE thread.

frauschieze
03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
There's no thread. And as the newest member, I was afraid to start THE thread.

When the heck did this happen?

Jody
03-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Call me naive here, but is MB an asst mod? :confused:

Isn't he a little green to the board? :lol:

If this is a TRUE story (and I wonder), good going! :beer:

Tned
03-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Yo Tned -

Can you make it so when you look at "Who's Online", it shows more than 20 people? I've changed it to 40 so it shows everyone on one page, but it defaults back to 20.

Whining, I know....

Not sure I am following. Is that on the main forum index, where it shows 47 members, 24 guests, or something like that?

Right now, I show 43 members, and see all 43 listed. Not sure if that is because I am in the admin group, or some other reason.

Let me know exactly what you mean, and how you changed it from 20-40 and I will look into it.

Thanks

T

frauschieze
03-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Not sure I am following. Is that on the main forum index, where it shows 47 members, 24 guests, or something like that?

Right now, I show 43 members, and see all 43 listed. Not sure if that is because I am in the admin group, or some other reason.

Let me know exactly what you mean, and how you changed it from 20-40 and I will look into it.

Thanks

T

From the Quick Links, the last option on the menu is "Who's Online". It's a list of all the members currently online (if they aren't invisible) and what they are doing. There are usually more than 20 people online during the day. It's nice to see all of them all at once. I second Joe's request to change the default to 40 or so.

pnbronco
03-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Yea that is a neat idea PNbronco. And I think it should kind of be a forum. Because you can never know everything about football. Some times I think I know everything and I learn new things each day :lol:

And I think having a forum would give people who have questions whether its something basic like how many points are touchdowns worth or if its something more complicated like salary cap issues and other stuff like that.

Instead of one thread I think a forum would be better that way things would get answered more IMO. Because not everyone replies to questions in a thread that gets bumped. I pay more attention to newer threads then bumped threads. And if theres a forum that has new threads on different football questions I'd see it faster and have a better chance of trying to answer it. And If I have a question about something I think people would notice it more if it was a new thread instead of a question in a thread full of questions.

I dont know if all that made sense but thats just my idea.

Good idea though PNBronco :elefant:

Thanks JC4MVP. When I first asked for it no one else said anything. So I thought I was the only one that doesn't know what a SAM is. I love football but I really don't know what the different terms are. I know I can PM Tops and he would answer me, because he is just that type of guy. I thought it would be nice for other people like me could go and ask questions and know that they would not be made fun of. I do think it would simpler if it was a forum so you could post your question or check if you wanted to share your knowledge.

BroncoBJ
03-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks JC4MVP. When I first asked for it no one else said anything. So I thought I was the only one that doesn't know what a SAM is. I love football but I really don't know what the different terms are. I know I can PM Tops and he would answer me, because he is just that type of guy. I thought it would be nice for other people like me could go and ask questions and know that they would not be made fun of. I do think it would simpler if it was a forum so you could post your question or check if you wanted to share your knowledge.

Yea I read your post a while ago and was going to reply and then forgot I guess. I get sidetracked easily. I played football so I guess a lot of the terms and what not I know based on that as well. Plus I played Madden growing up so that helped me with little things back in the day. And then watching football on a daily basis and reading stuff on forums makes me smarter each day as well. :lol:

But it would be neat to have a forum where people can ask questions and what not :salute:

Because theres usually something that someone else knows that others dont and visa versa. :elefant:

BroncoJoe
03-07-2008, 10:51 AM
From the Quick Links, the last option on the menu is "Who's Online". It's a list of all the members currently online (if they aren't invisible) and what they are doing. There are usually more than 20 people online during the day. It's nice to see all of them all at once. I second Joe's request to change the default to 40 or so.

What she said....

G_Money
05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
What about a Fiction Writer's forum?

I dunno how many people would be a part of it, but ya never know.

~G

Retired_Member_001
05-27-2008, 01:56 PM

~G

Well I was thinking of an "Other Sports" sub forum in the Articles Section. Maybe a Fiction Writer's forum and an Other sports forum could appear as sub-forums when you click on the BroncosForum Articles section. A little like P&R.

The only problem with this idea is if we are going to get enough writers. I'd be all for this idea IF we could get enough writers beforehand.

broncogirl7
05-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Well I was thinking of an "Other Sports" sub forum in the Articles Section. Maybe a Fiction Writer's forum and an Other sports forum could appear as sub-forums when you click on the BroncosForum Articles section. A little like P&R.

The only problem with this idea is if we are going to get enough writers. I'd be all for this idea IF we could get enough writers beforehand.

That would be cool, but what about copyright protection if you decide to publish someday?

G_Money
05-27-2008, 03:20 PM
That would be cool, but what about copyright protection if you decide to publish someday?

That's the problem with most of the internet - no copyright protection.

That's why I won't be putting my whole book up here - I just can't. Someone can copy and paste it and get a publisher before I do and all my work is up in smoke, unless I get it copyrighted before I ever post it here.

And since it's a work in progress, that's kinda tough. Mailing yourself a copy of your manuscript is a good workaround, but again, if it isn't done yet...

So mostly it would be a place to post stories you've written that need work, or chapters that are bugging you that need some constructive criticism, or whimsy or poetry or whatever. Or stories you never intend to publish.

When we're bored we can do round-robin stories, or "include THIS, THIS and THIS" in your stories...

*shrugs* I dunno how many writers there are on here, but the problem with being a writer is that you never get better if you don't write.

And they say you have to write a million words before you get any good, so that's a lot of forum space. ;)

Maybe we should post a sign-up sheet/poll to gauge interest in either reading or participating in a fiction forum before doing anything with it.

~G

Lonestar
05-27-2008, 03:21 PM

~G

you mean like some of the sports writers junk?

Retired_Member_001
05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
These are all interestng ideas, I just wonder if we will get enough writers to go ahead with them.

G_Money
05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Poll's up in Chit-chat, Wook - we'll see how it goes. ;)

~G

Tned
05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Poll's up in Chit-chat, Wook - we'll see how it goes. ;)

~G

Ok, we'll see what the response looks like. I personally have no problem with adding more forums (it is simple to do), but we have had some complaints in the past about already having too many. Some people like a bunch of different forums for keeping things organized, some seem to hate it.

As to the content. As long as it wasn't erotic fiction, I think it would be interesting, and I would be all for some "Other Sports" articles.

Retired_Member_001
05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Ok, we'll see what the response looks like. I personally have no problem with adding more forums (it is simple to do), but we have had some complaints in the past about already having too many. Some people like a bunch of different forums for keeping things organized, some seem to hate it.

As to the content. As long as it wasn't erotic fiction, I think it would be interesting, and I would be all for some "Other Sports" articles.

It seems to me like people would be interested in reading, but not writing. I do not see much point if only one or two people are actually willing to write. Just my opinion though.

MOtorboat
05-28-2008, 02:39 PM
It seems to me like people would be interested in reading, but not writing. I do not see much point if only one or two people are actually willing to write. Just my opinion though.

I would tend to agree with this, and knowing that I don't write a lot...it might be kind of hard to keep that forum going.

Retired_Member_001
05-28-2008, 03:00 PM
I would tend to agree with this, and knowing that I don't write a lot...it might be kind of hard to keep that forum going.

Exactly.

I've been thinking of writing for two other websites (Lakers & Basketball or Arsenal & Football, known as Soccer for you Americans). If I do end up writing, I'll post them here, but there's no point creating a new forum for it.

It was a good idea and it may be able to be used in the future, but as for the moment, I don't think we will get enough responses of people willing to actually write.

Dreadnought
06-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Any interest in a Broncos History Forum? I hate to clutter the Broncos Talk section with talk about old Broncos, but there really is nowhere else to go with it.

Bronco Bible
07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Any interest in a Broncos History Forum? I hate to clutter the Broncos Talk section with talk about old Broncos, but there really is nowhere else to go with it.

bump:beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-05-2008, 04:11 PM

I think this would be a great idea :salute:

pnbronco
07-05-2008, 04:48 PM

I think that's a great idea too. Then we wouldn't get complaints in the current section.

pnbronco
07-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Just as a thought maybe the thread could have Bronco History Forum and "other football info". Then it would give me a place where I can ask questions and not feel foolish. I was looking something up for the charity and one of the guys played HB, well I really wasn't sure what that was and I didn't have the time to pm one of the regulars. If someone had a little extra time they could have an short post on different positions on defense and offense in this thread. Then we are not bothering the hard cores and still get our info, just a thought.

Retired_Member_001
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
I think at one point, we should open up an "Archives Section" for when we need to put the Draft & Free Agency into archives.

Tned
07-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I've been out of town for a couple weeks (still am) and haven't been able to check in. By the time I get home on Wednesday, I'll probably forget about the new posts in this thread, so many someone with a better memory than me can bump this in a few days. ;)

Lonestar
07-13-2008, 02:23 PM
I think at one point, we should open up an "Archives Section" for when we need to put the Draft & Free Agency into archives.

I think that something like this could go into super forum such as the historical bronco players..

Something that we can still search for, but it is not clogging up the active forums..

Denver Native (Carol)
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
On 1-28-09, I created the following thread, and it was stickied. I thought it would be a great idea to have an area to post articles, threads, etc., on previous Broncos. Sometime after, the sticky was removed.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32327

I would appreciate a new Forum, which could also contain East Coast Fan's threads on different 1977 defensive players, as well, as anything anyone else would like to add.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-24-2009, 07:46 PM
On 1-28-09, I created the following thread, and it was stickied. I thought it would be a great idea to have an area to post articles, threads, etc., on previous Broncos. Sometime after, the sticky was removed.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32327

I would appreciate a new Forum, which could also contain East Coast Fan's threads on different 1977 defensive players, as well, as anything anyone else would like to add.

Please don't forget to give input on this - Thanks - Carol

Lonestar
07-18-2009, 10:31 PM

I think this would be a great idea it would not clutter up the Bronco talks area so much..

Denver Native (Carol)
07-18-2009, 10:56 PM
I think this would be a great idea it would not clutter up the Bronco talks area so much..

Thanks Jr - there have been some good suggestions in this thread, but they have been forgotten.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2009, 04:14 PM

Hopefully there will be more input on this than just Jr

Tned
07-24-2009, 07:27 PM
A forum for articles and discussion about past Broncos?

T.K.O.
07-24-2009, 07:43 PM
a countdown to the 1st game...if its possible to have a little clock or ticker in the main page or its own thread.
that would be cool...so we could all get depressed when we watch the minutes ....slowely pass til' BRONCO TIME!

Tned
07-24-2009, 07:51 PM
a countdown to the 1st game...if its possible to have a little clock or ticker in the main page or its own thread.
that would be cool...so we could all get depressed when we watch the minutes ....slowely pass til' BRONCO TIME!

There's a countdown running to the start of training camp right now (doesn't show up in worker friendly theme), and after training camp starts, I can switch it to the first game.

T.K.O.
07-24-2009, 08:17 PM
There's a countdown running to the start of training camp right now (doesn't show up in worker friendly theme), and after training camp starts, I can switch it to the first game.

how long has that been there?
i cant believe i didnt notice it...thats very cool ,thanx

Tned
07-24-2009, 08:22 PM
how long has that been there?
i cant believe i didnt notice it...thats very cool ,thanx

Maybe three or four days. Sometime this week or over the weekend, I can't remember.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2009, 09:05 PM
A forum for articles and discussion about past Broncos?

Yes. And the articles that EastCoastFan has posted on different defensive orange crush players, which all have their own threads, plus this thread I started - http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41424, and any other threads within Broncos Talk, which are about previous Broncos.

pnbronco
09-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Would you consider a Orange Colored Glasses section again? I just need a place where I can talk in a more positive manner and it not be a big deal.

I know it will be more work for the mods and I hate that. I'm trying to use the ignore button and it helps but not enough, esp if the team has another rough year...thanks....

Tned
09-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Do you mean a forum, or just separate game day threads? If a forum, I am not personally opposed to it, if people want it, but I imagine it will be as dead as the one on Mania.

Anyway, let's hear from others. Do you want an Orange colored glasses? That is a forum where ONLY positive stuff about the Broncos can be posted.

Northman
09-07-2010, 12:38 PM
I seriously doubt you will be able to keep any negative people out of there. At least without making it more work for the mods. I liked the idea of the separate gameday threads as for the most part it worked out fine. But if there are enough people who want the homer forum than let them speak up. \m/

Ravage!!!
09-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Nothing to oppose from me about that. Seems like a nice idea, and some really like it. Like already mentioned, I don't know how busy it will be....but if its not hard to do, and doesn't take away from any resources that the board needs, I can't think of a single reason how it could be a bad thing.

Dreadnought
09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Would you consider a Orange Colored Glasses section again? I just need a place where I can talk in a more positive manner and it not be a big deal.

I know it will be more work for the mods and I hate that. I'm trying to use the ignore button and it helps but not enough, esp if the team has another rough year...thanks....

How about a permanent stickied Orange Colored Glasses Thread? Would that help? Any negative commentary from angry pessimistic fans like, well, me f'rinstance would be deleted? That might seem a good compromise

frauschieze
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I adored the Orange Colored Glasses Game threads and would love to see them continue.

I think the idea of a sticky OCG general thread is solid.

Nomad
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM

I don't see why it would hurt!! BM has it and it runs pretty smooth and all the negative nancies stay out and if not the mods take care of it, because people may want to start different threads. Have a warning with it and zero tolerence for people who want to start shit with a day or two ban!! I say try it out and if it doesn't work because it's too much work then delete it!!

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
How about a permanent stickied Orange Colored Glasses Thread? Would that help? Any negative commentary from angry pessimistic fans like, well, me f'rinstance would be deleted? That might seem a good compromise

so then every subject that is brought up in other than game day threads are going to be combined together.

IMHO bad idea. to many topics in one thread.

If we do this, it needs to almost be a opt in area where everyone knows that they will get nuked if they go negative.

Having another JUST sticked thread IMHO just clogs the top of the first page as it is now that are probably 8-9 threads that are sticked and then on game day that is +two..

gnomeflinger
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
so then every subject that is brought up in other than game day threads are going to be combined together.

IMHO bad idea. to many topics in one thread.

If we do this, it needs to almost be a opt in area where everyone knows that they will get nuked if they go negative.

Having another JUST sticked thread IMHO just clogs the top of the first page as it is now that are probably 8-9 threads that are sticked and then on game day that is +two..

Then un-sticky a thread that has been dormant for ages. There, now there's room for it.

claymore
09-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Then un-sticky a thread that has been dormant for ages. There, now there's room for it.

We can call it the Syd'Quan THompson thread! :D

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 03:29 PM

would have done it a long time ago but I'm no longer a mod.

IMHO there should only be pertinent threads stickied but even those should be released every so often as unless there is something new in them everyone ignores them.

Some of those that are currently stuck one has not changed since april no one is looking at it or adding to it. the others aug 9th 13th and 21st all at least two weeks old. with no new posts .

But then it is not my responsibility any more.

My IR thread I asked a week go to release the sticky. the game day thread has not been looked at since 03 SEP.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 03:32 PM

but even if we do most members will just move past it without looking at it.
stickied threads need to be fresh or they ignore them.

IMHO.

If we had another forum for it then it would not get all gloomed up like ONE thread with every subject under the sun it it.

IMO

Nomad
09-07-2010, 03:48 PM

IMHO.

If we had another forum for it then it would not get all gloomed up like ONE thread with every subject under the sun it it.

IMO

You're right!!! Just like at BM and the same here (I'm guilty of it as well), we dwell on the negatives/pessimism and I believe a positive forum would be a change of pace for people who want to post in it and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would participate. I know the team's affair aren't all rosy or orange colored but it's time for a forum to recognize all the positive's of this team, not a thread and not get derailed by negative nancies!!

gnomeflinger
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM

IMHO.

IMO

I see what you're saying. All filing cabinets have a Misc. file. When I worked in an office, the rule of thumb was, if the client had at least 3 documents (invoices, check statements, etc), then they were given their own file.

If we were to have an Orange Colored Glasses section, I think it should be treated the same way. Start with a thread, and if it branches out, put all those threads into its own forum.

Northman
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Im personally hoping for a negative forum. I want to keep all the jock guzzlers out. I dont want their opinions. :)

Day1BroncoFan
09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
I am for an orange colored forum or a thread. I would prefer the forum.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 04:37 PM

IMHO.

IMO

Stickied threads would be fresh if they were used, rather than many new threads being started, which should be posted within the applicable stickied thread.

As far as an orange colored glasses area, I agree with pnbronco, it is long overdue, and I am all in favor of it.

I also agree with gnomeflinger on the following:

"If we were to have an Orange Colored Glasses section, I think it should be treated the same way. Start with a thread, and if it branches out, put all those threads into its own forum."

There are way too many threads started with good intentions of discussing what the thread is about, and before you know it, X coaches, players, etc., are brought up, and then the thread ends up in personal attacks, etc. My suggestion would be for any posts in a thread which are not appropriate for the orange colored glasses area, move those posts to the black hole.

The main purpose of the orange colored glasses area on BM was to avoid what is happening here in many threads.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 04:45 PM

IMHO.

IMO

I do agree that a forum would be much better than a thread with a sticky on it. You would have people discussing many different things, based on all kinds of articles, etc., all being posted in the same thread.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 05:43 PM
I see what you're saying. All filing cabinets have a Misc. file. When I worked in an office, the rule of thumb was, if the client had at least 3 documents (invoices, check statements, etc), then they were given their own file.

If we were to have an Orange Colored Glasses section, I think it should be treated the same way. Start with a thread, and if it branches out, put all those threads into its own forum.

much like this is Broncos Forums > Town Hall > Town Hall Discussion > New Forum Requests

OCG would be under Broncos Forums > Football Forums > Orange colored glasses

then it would have the ability to have many threads that have there own names and followings.

Make sense that is how I would do it. so each topic (thread) would have the ability to live or die on its own JUST like those in Broncos talk do.

Tned
09-07-2010, 05:49 PM
much like this is Broncos Forums > Town Hall > Town Hall Discussion > New Forum Requests

then it would have the ability to have many threads that have there own names and followings.

Make sense that is how I would do it. so each topic (thread) would have the ability to live or die on its own JUST like those in Broncos talk do.

New Forum Requests is not a forum with lots of threads, but a single stickied thread within the Town Hall forum.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 06:03 PM
New Forum Requests is not a forum with lots of threads, but a single stickied thread within the Town Hall forum.

why would you want to put an Broncos related thread in town hall?

I would like to see OCG or what ever it is called in Football related area. a separate forum of it own like the ones already there.

orum Last Post Threads Posts

Broncos Talk (37 Viewing)
Anything to do with the Denver Broncos

Orange Colored Glasses
A place to discuss Broncos with out the rancor and bullying that is in Broncos talk.

Football 101 (2 Viewing)
The place to talk about X's and O's and to ask questions about how the game is played.

BroncoForums' Articles and News (1 Viewing)
Articles written for BroncoForums by its staff of crack football writers and analysts

Other NFL Team Discussion (6 Viewing)
While some of us think the Broncos are the ONLY NFL team, if you want to chat about the other 31 teams, this is the place

Smack (Duck Before Entering) (2 Viewing)
If you are going to talk smack, this is the place to do it.

Chiefs Suck
Draft and Free Agency

The Tailgating/Party Forum
A place to discuss plans to meet at games or other get togethers and post pictures of those meets.

I suspect that if we do this this is how most fans would want it.

Tned
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
why would you want to put an Broncos related thread in town hall?

Jr, please go back and reread my post. What I was saying is your example was wrong, and may have confused people. "Forum Requests" is not a forum, but a stickied thread, which is the opposite of what you said in your explanation to Gnomey.

I never said anything about wanting to put Orange Colored Glasses in Town Hall.

gnomeflinger
09-07-2010, 06:13 PM
:lol: Jrwiz is spinning in circles.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Jr, please go back and reread my post. What I was saying is your example was wrong, and may have confused people. "Forum Requests" is not a forum, but a stickied thread, which is the opposite of what you said in your explanation to Gnomey.

I never said anything about wanting to put Orange Colored Glasses in Town Hall.

I believe this is what they are looking for an forum under football that can have more than one thread. stickied or not.

I would like to see OCG or what ever it is called in Football related area. a separate forum of it own like the ones already there.

Forum

Orange Colored Glasses
A place to discuss Broncos with out the rancor and bullying that is in Broncos talk.

Football 101 (2 Viewing)
The place to talk about X's and O's and to ask questions about how the game is played.

Articles written for BroncoForums by its staff of crack football writers and analysts

While some of us think the Broncos are the ONLY NFL team, if you want to chat about the other 31 teams, this is the place

Chiefs Suck
Draft and Free Agency

A place to discuss plans to meet at games or other get togethers and post pictures of those meets.

Tned
09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I believe this is what they are looking for an forum under football that can have more than one thread. stickied or not.

Geez, man. Are you completely confused. I know what they are looking for, I simply was explaining that you messed up your example, which could create more confusion.

You typed:

You gave the example of a stickied thread "New Forum Requests" and you described it as a forum, which can have multiple threads in it.

I was simply pointing this out so people wouldn't be confuse by your example.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 06:47 PM

Forum Last Post Threads Posts

Orange Colored Glasses

Football 101 (2 Viewing)

Chiefs Suck
Draft and Free Agency

Who want to see a forum like this above in Orange just like you now see on the front page of football forums.

or would you rather have ONE thread that is stickied somewhere in the forum for everything to be put into

Is that clear enough ?

Tned
09-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Geeez, I give up.

:slamsheadagainstwall:

Northman
09-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Geeez, I give up.

:lol::lol:

gnomeflinger
09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Geeez, I give up.

Guess this means you'll have to give back your "most likely to win an argument" award. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Poor pnbronco - she is probably doing this right now :banghead::banghead: She brings up the discussion to once again consider having an Orange Colored Glasses Forum, and most of the last few posts in this discussion are why an Orange Colored Glasses Forum is needed.

Northman
09-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Poor pnbronco - she is probably doing this right now :banghead::banghead: She brings up the discussion to once again consider having an Orange Colored Glasses Forum, and most of the last few posts in this discussion are why an Orange Colored Glasses Forum is needed.

Isnt the point to discuss whether or not to have one? I mean, there is always the "poll" option if you guys want to make it a simple yes or no consideration.

Tned
09-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Yea, poor Pn, and also poor Tned, since I don't have a choice but to deal with this BS.

In an ideal world, we would have ALL threads, in ALL forums without the Rancor and Bullying that Jr mentions in his description, but some of these guys just can't live with that.

I try and help clear up a confusion, and the stubborness doesn't even allow him to see what I am saying, rather than turn it into an argument.

Days like this I wonder "why".....

:bangsheadagainstwallagain:

Nomad
09-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Isnt the point to discuss whether or not to have one? I mean, there is always the "poll" option if you guys want to make it a simple yes or no consideration.

Why not make a yes or no poll and leave it up for a week and see, if the majority say yes then do it, if no, then that's the will of the community! I see nothing wrong with one and don't see what the big deal is about one!! Sounds simple to me unless another forum will take up bandwidth!!

Day1BroncoFan
09-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Why not make a yes or no poll and leave it up for a week and see, if the majority say yes then do it, if no, then that's the will of the community! I see nothing wrong with one and don't see what the big deal is about one!! Sounds simple to me unless another forum will take up bandwidth!!

I think the main concern would be MOD time it might take up to keep track of another forum.

Nomad
09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I think the main concern would be MOD time it might take up to keep track of another forum.

Looks like Tned may have to hire new mods because there are some in question!

Northman
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM

I dont think anyone is really objecting to be honest. But the poll idea is a good one for the board to consider along with the discussion thread.

Tned
09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
To be clear, there is no major hurdle to creating a forum like this. There was some discussion about a thread vs. forum as the best option to start with.

Unfortunately, things got momentarily derailed by me when attempting to forestall any confusion created by a sloppily written and incorrect explanation -- I've learned my lesson on that one.

So, there are only two negatives in my mind:

First, there will be some workload in terms of the mods having to deal with people that break the positive only rule. My suggestion to the mods would be to come down HARD, with a capital B A N for those that break the rule in that forum or thread.

Second, every time we create a sub forum, it splinters activity, which is what new posters look for. When someone comes to a forum for the first time they look to see if it is active enough to warrant their time. Every time we divide our activity into multiple sub forums, it makes all the forums appear less active to new comers.

Other than those two points, I don't see any reason not to do a thread or forum.

KCL
09-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I think you're all full of shit :lol: and I have NO idea what all this discussion is about.I guess I got confused somewhere along the way.

If it's easy to add this...please add it.I'm sure it would probably get a lot of people posting.I could have made my "Congrat to Bronco fans" thread in it.The one I made last year in Broncos Talk...or where ever I put it...I hope to not have a reason to make another thread like that...;)

Sorry Carol..I didn't understand your post...anyway JMO on the subject.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 10:28 PM
As for additional mod work sure some, but the volume of posts will be not significant increased they will just be spread over a bigger playing field.

Unless there is a group of folks out there that are afraid to post here because of the "faction" fighting. It may be a "safe place" to come in and post instead of lurk.

The only hang up thing I see, is the level of modding will be different just like it is in the lounge. Thing are more lax in there, but will be held to a higher standard in the "safe zone" so to speak.

Guess I will miss all the "normal banter" :tsk::tsk::tsk: in the regular forum once this is in place.

gnomeflinger
09-07-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm confused. Jrwiz, do you or don't you want a Orange Colored Glasses forum?

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm confused. Jrwiz, do you or don't you want a Orange Colored Glasses forum?

absolutely will give me a place I do not have to hear about Josh farting in his office and other such nonsense..

frauschieze
09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
I think a separate forum is less than ideal. If one uses last year's OCG game threads, there simply will not be enough traffic to warrant a full separate forum. As I've mentioned before, I believe there reaches a point that a new forum for every topic makes the entire board more cluttered and disorganized.

Too many of our forums are completely dead 95% of the time anyway as it is. The graphics gallery is rarely used, the separate congrats/happy birthday forum could easily be in chit chat without any problems, etc.

I think a single thread along with game day threads should more than cover the demand that was shown last season. If for some reason demand has increased then revisiting the thought is warranted.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I think a separate forum is less than ideal. If one uses last year's OCG game threads, there simply will not be enough traffic to warrant a full separate forum. As I've mentioned before, I believe there reaches a point that a new forum for every topic makes the entire board more cluttered and disorganized.

Too many of our forums are completely dead 95% of the time anyway as it is. The graphics gallery is rarely used, the separate congrats/happy birthday forum could easily be in chit chat without any problems, etc.

I think a single thread along with game day threads should more than cover the demand that was shown last season. If for some reason demand has increased then revisiting the thought is warranted.

Did you ever stop to think that many of those folks have never seen these game day threads especially newbies because they are on the forum at other times.

How about they come during the mid week and browse and see all the infighting going on and decide this is not the place to be and lurk opposed to posting.

The worst thing that happens is is is merge with another or into another area if it is not used. the past year or so it IMHO has gotten much higher level of rancor and hate filled. a little quiet spot would do a lot of folks wonders.

frauschieze
09-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Did you ever stop to think that many of those folks have never seen these game day threads especially newbies because they are on the forum at other times.

How about they come during the mid week and browse and see all the infighting going on and decide this is not the place to be and lurk opposed to posting.

The worst thing that happens is is is merge with another or into another area if it is not used. the past year or so it IMHO has gotten much higher level of rancor and hate filled. a little quiet spot would do a lot of folks wonders.

Yep. I did consider that. And I still stand by my thoughts.

We simply disagree. That's okay. No need for the backhanded insult to my reasoning skills.

Tned
09-07-2010, 11:26 PM

Of course we've thought of the impact on lurkers, that's why we're trying to get guys like you to stop attacking people you disagree with.

How about we let some other people chime in, and then see what kind of consensus we have.

broncogirl7
09-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Personally I think it's unnecessary to create another forum for happy thoughts. Our team is going to have good days and bad days and folks should be able to express those thoughts without fear. People should not make their posts personal. It may be classless to call Josh McDaniels a douchebag, but sometimes folks just have to express themselves and that may be there way to do it. If you don't like the douchebag comment, don't respond and it should stop with that post. If folks make it personal with comments directed at another member, give them an immediate vacation...no heat of the moment excuses.

No extra work for the mods and no detering new members or lurkers.

Buff
09-08-2010, 12:29 AM
There should be no safe havens from my negativity. You all need to face it head on.

But because pn is so nice I'm inclined to let her have whatever she wants.

Midnight Blue
09-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Seems that there are a lot of heated opinions on this... I'd tend to agree that a separate forum shouldn't really be necessary and to be honest, I doubt that I'd ever even open it if we had one. But it's also all good if the majority of the community wants it.

Nomad
09-08-2010, 07:44 AM
As for additional mod work sure some[/B

.[B] It may be a "safe place" to come in and post instead of lurk.

The only hang up thing I see, is the level of modding

Thing are more lax in there, but will be held to a higher standard in the "safe zone" so to speak.

I say give it a try and as North said have a yes/no vote by the community and you'll never get a true consensus unless you make a thread in town hall discussion because keeping it in this thread gets little attention!! And BTW, I'm pushing for this for people like pnbronco because there are more out there who lurk. As far as policing the forum, it's easy....have a zero tolerence policy with it all mods have to do is ban them for a day or two. It's been proven it can work at another MB but if you're worried about mods then one was relieved of duty not long ago and another hasn't shown up in over 6-7 months....sounds like this board is two short! If you can have a worthless forum like the Black Hole, I don't see the hurt in an Orange Glasses forums. I may not frequent the forum that often but as you said it may bring in the lurkers and alot of regulars here who would like to say something other than the BS that can go on in BT and get ridiculed for their comments being positive! I'm more of a pessimistic person when it comes to this team too! But it's ridiculous to see mods shooting it down before they have given it a try!!

Northman
09-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Personally I think it's unnecessary to create another forum for happy thoughts. Our team is going to have good days and bad days and folks should be able to express those thoughts without fear. People should not make their posts personal. It may be classless to call Josh McDaniels a douchebag, but sometimes folks just have to express themselves and that may be there way to do it. If you don't like the douchebag comment, don't respond and it should stop with that post. If folks make it personal with comments directed at another member, give them an immediate vacation...no heat of the moment excuses.

Great points.

Fact is, the world isnt perfect and frankly if your someone who cant handle an opposing view of the team, its players, or coaches than maybe a message board isnt for you. I really dont care if they open one up for the everything is great fans but kind of like what is going on at BN i really dont think it will used much. And does this mean we still have to tolerate them in the normal threads? Im just not sure why we need to cater to a certain group just because they cant handle opposing views. :whoknows:

Lonestar
09-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Great points.

Fact is, the world isnt perfect and frankly if your someone who cant handle an opposing view of the team, its players, or coaches than maybe a message board isnt for you. I really dont care if they open one up for the everything is great fans but kind of like what is going on at BN i really dont think it will used much. And does this mean we still have to tolerate them in the normal threads? Im just not sure why we need to cater to a certain group just because they cant handle opposing views. :whoknows:

because the constant droning on from the negative side just gets to people. some posters have nothing positive to say and it gets old having to hear about it or defend it with more negative responses.

one of the BIGGEST complaints I got when I was a mod was negative negative posts. Why can't we get rid of this guy or that guy all they do is bait , post negative anything and everything.

I just went through my PM box some 7000+ PM's as a mod you need to keep replies and such from concerning your post PM's . as I was reading them, the constant was about the negatives on this forum. why does this this person get away with these type of post and I get zinged responding to him/her/IT. They bait and run trying to stir up trouble to see what kind of havoc they can create.

I had probably at least 50 PM from folks that say they do not post but only lurk because they do not want to see the responses to them. We have a lot of fans that are not as out spoken as Y'all are.

I do not understand why y'all think that every place has to be a live fire zone where every comment has to be attacked. Some folks still like to get there Bronco news by going to the DP or other local newspapers because they are not into competitive debate.

I doubt that it will cause a loss of members but only bring more in that just do not want to be confrontational or some like myself that are tired of the constant attacks on the team and FO. Which are pretty rabid IMHO

If the traffic is not there after the season shut it down. If there is a cost involved which I doubt other than the time to create it. Which in itself be paid back by having to answer less PM, reported posts from folks like me.

I can't believe the other mods did not get these same comments either via MHS, Pm's or emails.

I see it could be an initial problem area for modding till folks get banned a couple of times for breaking the forum rules . Once they find that they can't bait or attack in there all the "JOY" they get out of it will cause them to go do it else where.

Tned
09-08-2010, 02:02 PM
because the constant droning on from the negative side just gets to people. some posters have nothing positive to say and it gets old having to hear about it or defend it with more negative responses.

one of the BIGGEST complaints I got when I was a mod was negative negative posts. Why can't we get rid of this guy or that guy all they do is bait , post negative anything and everything.

I just went through my PM box some 7000+ PM's as a mod you need to keep replies and such from concerning your post PM's . as I was reading them, the constant was about the negatives on this forum. why does this this person get away with these type of post and I get zinged responding to him/her/IT. They bait and run trying to stir up trouble to see what kind of havoc they can create.

I had probably at least 50 PM from folks that say they do not post but only lurk because they do not want to see the responses to them. We have a lot of fans that are not as out spoken as Y'all are.

I do not understand why y'all think that every place has to be a live fire zone where every comment has to be attacked. Some folks still like to get there Bronco news by going to the DP or other local newspapers because they are not into competitive debate.

I doubt that it will cause a loss of members but only bring more in that just do not want to be confrontational or some like myself that are tired of the constant attacks on the team and FO. Which are pretty rabid IMHO

If the traffic is not there after the season shut it down. If there is a cost involved which I doubt other than the time to create it. Which in itself be paid back by having to answer less PM, reported posts from folks like me.

I can't believe the other mods did not get these same comments either via MHS, Pm's or emails.

I see it could be an initial problem area for modding till folks get banned a couple of times for breaking the forum rules . Once they find that they can't bait or attack in there all the "JOY" they get out of it will cause them to go do it else where.

Ok, I have to ask. With everything you just posted, which I agree with 100%, why the **** do you post the way you do and cause the mods to get complaint after complaint about your posting?

Midnight Blue
09-08-2010, 02:03 PM
One suggestion I'd have, T.... if you're going to do the "Orange Colored Glasses" subforum, it might be good to place it within "Broncos Talk"... at the top of the page, above the sticky threads (where the Mane has the "Draft" and "Community" subforums) rather than adding another subforum to the index page. It actually does belong in the topic "Broncos Talk"...and it would also get more attention/traffic there, I think. On the main index page, it might tend to get overlooked.

Lonestar
09-08-2010, 02:07 PM

But they can't feel safe in the regular areas.

so they lurk instead. not everyone is negative and want to have a safe place.

A I said in the above post I received a lot of comment from existing members with just a few posts but have been here a long time. It is usually after I have sent them a MHS for a great post and ask them to post more.
saying they do not want to post because they do not want to be attacked.

I think there is a sleeping giant out there that might surprise y'all if given the chance to have a DMZ de-militarized zone.

KCL
09-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Damn... this thread :scared:

Nomad
09-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Damn... this thread :scared:

Hey if you want a red colored glasses area for you, I'll advocate for it as well!!:D Since PN is a good person I'll try to help her get an area for the Sunnyside BRONCO fans!!

Tned
09-08-2010, 03:02 PM
One suggestion I'd have, T.... if you're going to do the "Orange Colored Glasses" subforum, it might be good to place it within "Broncos Talk"... at the top of the page, above the sticky threads (where the Mane has the "Draft" and "Community" subforums) rather than adding another subforum to the index page. It actually does belong in the topic "Broncos Talk"...and it would also get more attention/traffic there, I think. On the main index page, it might tend to get overlooked.

Great point. The draft and some other forums might do better there as well.

Northman
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM

Than i have to ask JR. If you got so many complaints and you know how it is why then do you do the exact thing you dont like?

Northman
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Ok, I have to ask. With everything you just posted, which I agree with 100%, why the **** do you post the way you do and cause the mods to get complaint after complaint about your posting?

Beat me too it.

KCL
09-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey if you want a red colored glasses area for you, I'll advocate for it as well!!:D Since PN is a good person I'll try to help her get an area for the Sunnyside BRONCO fans!!

Thanks but I can go to Mania for that...I have my own fan club there...:lol:

KCL
09-08-2010, 03:33 PM
This thread has really wandered...maybe we should start a thread so everyone can attack JR...:eek:

Northman
09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
This thread has really wandered...maybe we should start a thread so everyone can attack JR...:eek:

I agree. There's no one that needs a beatdown more than him.

KCL
09-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I agree. There's no one that needs a beatdown more than him.

Apparently he's the only one doing the attacking.

Northman
09-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Apparently he's the only one doing the attacking.

I havent seen anyone attack him actually. What ive seen is people ask him why he does the things he complains about. Keep in mind it was those reasons he used for why he wants a "positive" only forum. And i think when you go out of the way to give those examples yet are part of the problem than i beg to question the reasoning behind it. But, i havent seen anyone call him names or anything else in here have you?

Northman
09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Why do Japanese fight fish fight?

I have always been a "stick up for the little guy" type of guy, not sure how many fights I got into when others bullied little guys friends or not.

I think bullies physical or internet are the lowest of the low.

Maybe I just want a respite from having to do that all the time.

Not to say that I will never post anywhere else, but at least in there it is a safe zone where bullies are not allowed.

Why do you post the way you do?

My posting is fine as long as im not being attacked by you.

Tned
09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Ok, back to the topic of the thread, which is whether or not to have a positive only forum or thread.

I think we've seen enough stones lobbed from glass houses in this thread, and don't want to discourage others from posting their opinions.

:focus:

Lonestar
09-08-2010, 05:42 PM
so how does everyone ELSE really feel about having a safe area to play in.

Ravage!!!
09-08-2010, 05:57 PM
at the other site, it was a place that most didn't visit. Even though I didn't post there, I never seemed to feel it was something "in the way" or something that caused anyone else any kind of problems (thats obviously not looking at it from a mod point of view, because I dont know what extra work that would entail). But if some really want to just post and read purely positive posts, I don't see why not have a place for it? Have it an opt-in so that people understand that its purely for positive thoughts/messages/points/posts, and if they do post a comment that isn't glazed over with umber, then they lose their priv to get into the forum.

Really, to me, if its a matter of providing a place that more can feel comfortable and welcome... then I'm all for it.

The mod difficulties will be to sort out when something is positive or is it negative. We know some can't keep from insulting past coaches/FO, even if/when they do it as a back-handed attempt to compliment the current coach/FO. Things like that have to be considered and posted on the rules wall of the opt-in.

Day1BroncoFan
09-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I read and posted in the OCG forum on the "other" MB. It was nice to go somewhere that didn't habe a bunch of negative BS to sort through. It's bad enough to lose a game or two but when you have to read all the "So and so sucks, they should be fired!" posts and threads it just gets depressing.

Nomad
09-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks but I can go to Mania for that...I have my own fan club there...:lol:

And you have been inducted into the BM Hall of Fame recently!!! Impressive!!:D

Buff
09-08-2010, 07:32 PM

That's the best idea you've had in months. :D

gnomeflinger
09-08-2010, 07:42 PM

A thread or his own forum?

:D

KCL
09-08-2010, 08:03 PM
A thread or his own forum?

:D

Probably a forum...I reckon it could fill up quickly...:eek:

:lol:

KCL
09-08-2010, 08:05 PM
That's the best idea you've had in months. :D

I've had some ideas for you... one Mr.Buff but I've kept them to myself...;)

KCL
09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
And you have been inducted into the BM Hall of Fame recently!!! Impressive!!:D

I have secret admirers..who would have thought? :laugh:

FanInAZ
09-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Everybody sit up and take note while I use my Aspie powers of observation bring clarity to this state of confusion.

Note how many levels there are in his example string:
#1 Broncos Forums
#2 Town Hall
#3 Town Hall Discussions
#4 New Forum Requests

Now, note how many levels he has in his purposed string:
#1 Broncos Forums
#2 Football Forums
#3 Orange colored glasses

He doesn't have a level 4 in his proposed string. Level 4 is, as Tned correctly pointed out in regards to this thread, is the thread level for our forum's format. Jrwiz simply need to not include level 4 on his example string in order to avoid all of this confusion.

Lonestar
09-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Everybody sit up and take note while I use my Aspie powers of observation bring clarity to this state of confusion.

Note how many levels there are in his example string:
#1 Broncos Forums
#2 Town Hall
#3 Town Hall Discussions
#4 New Forum Requests

Now, note how many levels he has in his purposed string:
#1 Broncos Forums
#2 Football Forums
#3 Orange colored glasses

He doesn't have a level 4 in his proposed string. Level 4 is, as Tned correctly pointed out in regards to this thread, is the thread level for our forum's format. Jrwiz simply need to not include level 4 on his example string in order to avoid all of this confusion.

Thank you for speaking English and not talking geek.
I simply cut and pasted what was on the page in the first post.

Most folks figured it out OK especially when I put my example up. so why all the fuss still has me wondering. but then deep down inside it really does not.

Thanks again.

pnbronco
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
OK I ended up leaving Denver later than I should, big surprise there. So I drove a 1000 miles with very few stops, set up today, found my hotel and have some food in me. So I was not ignoring all of you and thanks for those sweet words guys.....:love: I would be happy with a thread and just see how that goes.

The reason I asked is because first I'm 50 years old and grew up believing that if you can't say something nice, then don't. So for me half the threads are really starting to upset me. I know it's my stuff, but it's just the way that I feel. When I post something that to me seems logical I have felt attacked, more than once, again I know it's my stuff, but this is my down time when I'm here.

When you first opened this site Tned, I felt like I had finally found friendships in something that I care about so much. I know it's silly in some ways, I don't really know that many of you, but your kindness over some tough times have meant to so much to me. We could discuss issues and not agree, but it was always calm and never cruel.

From yesterday till mid Nov I will end up driving almost 12,000 miles and try to bring in about half my income for the year. (I do Quilting and Sewing Trade Shows all over the US) It's just a really stressful time for me and of course all this happens as the season starts. I just want a place where I can talk about Bronco football and not read why this sucks and how it's all_____________ fault. Lately I get on for 10 minutes and decide I would rather work than read over half the threads. I am trying to use the ignore more, but it only kind of works.

I'm not asking for a thread where we hold hands and sing kum ba ya or how ever you spell it. I'm just tired of reading who sucks and page after page of why. To be honest I never used the Orange Color thread at the other place because it was a little too what ever. I just want to talk about football, I love the Broncos as do most of you, and I'm so sick of the fighting. I'm sure this makes no sense, but I've had 3 hours of sleep in that last 40, so it's shower time and then I'm hitting sack...

One last thing. The Broncos are being picked to have a bad year and they could, I have no idea how this team will gel. If they do I want to be bummed or sad with my friends and not have to read the junk, thanks guys....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Great post pn, and I TOTALLY agree with you.:salute:

Tned
09-08-2010, 10:44 PM
OK I ended up leaving Denver later than I should, big surprise there. So I drove a 1000 miles with very few stops, set up today, found my hotel and have some food in me. So I was not ignoring all of you and thanks for those sweet words guys.....:love: I would be happy with a thread and just see how that goes.

The reason I asked is because first I'm 50 years old and grew up believing that if you can't say something nice, then don't. So for me half the threads are really starting to upset me. I know it's my stuff, but it's just the way that I feel. When I post something that to me seems logical I have felt attacked, more than once, again I know it's my stuff, but this is my down time when I'm here.

When you first opened this site Tned, I felt like I had finally found friendships in something that I care about so much. I know it's silly in some ways, I don't really know that many of you, but your kindness over some tough times have meant to so much to me. We could discuss issues and not agree, but it was always calm and never cruel.

From yesterday till mid Nov I will end up driving almost 12,000 miles and try to bring in about half my income for the year. (I do Quilting and Sewing Trade Shows all over the US) It's just a really stressful time for me and of course all this happens as the season starts. I just want a place where I can talk about Bronco football and not read why this sucks and how it's all_____________ fault. Lately I get on for 10 minutes and decide I would rather work than read over half the threads. I am trying to use the ignore more, but it only kind of works.

I'm not asking for a thread where we hold hands and sing kum ba ya or how ever you spell it. I'm just tired of reading who sucks and page after page of why. To be honest I never used the Orange Color thread at the other place because it was a little too what ever. I just want to talk about football, I love the Broncos as do most of you, and I'm so sick of the fighting. I'm sure this makes no sense, but I've had 3 hours of sleep in that last 40, so it's shower time and then I'm hitting sack...

One last thing. The Broncos are being picked to have a bad year and they could, I have no idea how this team will gel. If they do I want to be bummed or sad with my friends and not have to read the junk, thanks guys....

I fully understand. I have twice since January walked away from BT (mostly only logged in for mod/admin stuff) for a month plus at a time, because I couldn't take the bickering, baiting, demonizing of not only former players/coaches, but worse, fellow fans just because they hold a different opinion, talking past each other rather then having honest discussion and debates. People being incapable of accepting that others hold different opinions than their own, and the the fact that isn't WRONG or worthy of attack, it just means they have a different opinion.

So, I fully understand the rationale. I have concerns, because every time we fractionate the post locations, we decrease the appearance of traffic, and many people only want to post on active boards. However, that isn't enough to out weigh doing it.

So, the only real question in my mind is whether we start with a single thread for discussion, or a new forum. Just thinking from a practical standpoint.

For instance, do those people that post articles now post them in both places, so both groups can discuss things. It's things like that that I think of, because that's the way my brain works -- working out the little details.

Tned
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Thank you for speaking English and not talking geek.
I simply cut and pasted what was on the page in the first post.

Most folks figured it out OK especially when I put my example up. so why all the fuss still has me wondering. but then deep down inside it really does not.

Thanks again.

If you hadn't immediately gotten defensive and ASSumed I was disagreeing with you, you would have understood what I was saying, or could have asked for clarification. As to speaking geek, that was a nice dig and I do at times, but I didn't in that post where I tried to help you.

Once again reinforcing the old "no good deed goes unpunished"... :sad:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2010, 09:42 AM
I post many articles. I would not have a problem posting them in both areas. In doing so, I would think a forum would be better than a thread, as I post quite a few articles. and I do not believe one thread would work - i.e. - I post an article, and posters would respond, and then I post another article, and people would respond, and all of a sudden, it is not quite clear what they are responding to if everything is in one thread, unless they quote the article before responding. Hope this makes sense.

Tned
09-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I am not going to have much online time between now and Monday night or Tuesday, since I will be out of town on business all weekend.

We can create a "positive Only" gameday thread like we did last year, and then some time next week I will create a Positive only thread or forum (probably a forum, but I would like to see some more feedback -- I am going to post a thread in BroncosTalk to get more input).

Dreadnought
09-09-2010, 10:58 PM
The mod difficulties will be to sort out when something is positive or is it negative. We know some can't keep from insulting past coaches/FO, even if/when they do it as a back-handed attempt to compliment the current coach/FO. Things like that have to be considered and posted on the rules wall of the opt-in.

A valid concern comes to mind - if it is truly a "positive only" zone I would think attacks on past coaches and players would be just as out of bounds as complaints about current ones. A negative is a negative regardless of who directed at

Northman
09-09-2010, 11:01 PM
A valid concern comes to mind - if it is truly a "positive only" zone I would think attacks on past coaches and players would be just as out of bounds as complaints about current ones. A negative is a negative regardless of who directed at

Agreed 100%. :salute:

Tned
09-09-2010, 11:09 PM

See the post that I just created in Broncos Talk. If it's positive only and we are going to have to baby sit it, it will have to be across the board.

We can't say people can't criticize McDaniels, but attacking 'mikey' and cutler or calling Hillis a dumb hick or whatever, will get just as severe a punishment. If we don't do it that way, then all we are doing is either setting up a "bash forum players/coaches" forum, but more important, we will be creating more discord, pissing off the posters that are already sick of so many threads being derailed by bashing of former players/coaches.

gnomeflinger
09-09-2010, 11:29 PM
See the post that I just created in Broncos Talk. If it's positive only and we are going to have to baby sit it, it will have to be across the board.

We can't say people can't criticize McDaniels, but attacking 'mikey' and cutler or calling Hillis a dumb hick or whatever, will get just as severe a punishment. If we don't do it that way, then all we are doing is either setting up a "bash forum players/coaches" forum, but more important, we will be creating more discord, pissing off the posters that are already sick of so many threads being derailed by bashing of former players/coaches.

We already have a "bash forum players/coaches" forum. It's called the Smack Forum.

Tned
09-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Has any thought been given to ....?

You've pushed it about far enough. About time for you to go cool off, before you post something you regret.

KCL
09-10-2010, 06:11 AM
We already have a "bash forum players/coaches" forum. It's called the Smack Forum.

Yes but that's pretty much for smacking teams other than the Broncos.

Dapper Dan
12-16-2015, 05:06 AM
Hmm. What was the "Let us know" thing?

What ever happened to the "positive only" stuff that was talked about?

BroncoWave
12-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Hmm. What was the "Let us know" thing?

What ever happened to the "positive only" stuff that was talked about?

One season they started "positive only" game threads because some people didn't like how negative the game threads got, but then those threads never got more than like 10 posts the whole game so they got rid of them. Turns out threads actually are completely pointless/uninteresting when there is no conflict! :lol:

Dapper Dan
12-16-2015, 09:16 AM
One season they started "positive only" game threads because some people didn't like how negative the game threads got, but then those threads never got more than like 10 posts the whole game so they got rid of them. Turns out threads actually are completely pointless/uninteresting when there is no conflict! :lol:

It's like a political debate. People say they don't want drama, but they really do.

NightTrainLayne
12-16-2015, 10:40 AM

"They" didn't "get rid" of them. It's just that the folks who were starting them, quit starting them. . .

BroncoWave
12-16-2015, 10:42 AM
"They" didn't "get rid" of them. It's just that the folks who were starting them, quit starting them. . .

I wasn't implying that the mods nixed them or anything. Was just a general observation that those threads were pretty much a flop and didn't last too long.

Buff
12-16-2015, 10:59 AM

Sounds like a cover-up to me. I would like to see a full inquiry into this matter.

NightTrainLayne
12-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Sounds like a cover-up to me. I would like to see a full inquiry into this matter.

Nothing to see here move along.

Davii
12-16-2015, 03:38 PM

I've done the research and collated all the data, it turns out you're an asshat. :D

BroncoJoe
12-16-2015, 03:43 PM
I've done the research and collated all the data, it turns out you're an asshat. :D

I'd imagine that didn't take too much time... HA!