PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Northman
11-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Any players?

Here is the latest ad featuring Ozzy Osbourne. Pretty funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT8maUTzE48&fmt=18

shank
11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
dweeb

shank
11-21-2008, 01:57 PM
i was shaun for halloween (last second costume)

Northman
11-21-2008, 02:04 PM
i was shaun for halloween (last second costume)

sweet, but dont hijack my geek thread shaw. :lol:

shank
11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
sweet, but dont hijack my geek thread shaw. :lol:

i played sporadically on my roommate's laptop when he would leave it in the living room. i don't remember what class but i had one of the big bull-looking guys and his name was too many syllables for me to remember. it started with a G. did we ever go on any quests together? i had a wolf named riley.

Northman
11-21-2008, 02:15 PM
i played sporadically on my roommate's laptop when he would leave it in the living room. i don't remember what class but i had one of the big bull-looking guys and his name was too many syllables for me to remember. it started with a G. did we ever go on any quests together? i had a wolf named riley.

I doubt it. I started playing about a year ago but most of time has been spent on Alliance characters. From the sound of it you were probably on the Horde side with a Tauren. I have a level 71 Night Elf Hunter and a level 61 Death Knight which is new to WOW. I do have a level 26 Blood Elf which is Horde but i just stared her like a month ago. I admit, im addicted to this game. lol

NameUsedBefore
11-21-2008, 06:23 PM
I stay the hell away from that game.

There's been two games I have genuinely been addicted to...

One was Civilization II when I was a young'in. I spilled every hour I could into that infernal piece of software. The other was Morrowind which just devoured me entirely. The only reason I even stopped playing was because my desktop crumbled. It was like a spell was lifted from me and for a moment there was clarity and I never went near the game again.

WoW is nothing more than a creepy van filled with RC cars and skateboards. Looks like a lot of fun, but Jesus Christ look at the van! And where is the driver anyway?

Northman
11-21-2008, 06:33 PM

One was Civilization II when I was a young'in. I spilled every hour I could into that infernal piece of software. The other was Morrowind which just devoured me entirely. The only reason I even stopped playing was because my desktop crumbled. It was like a spell was lifted from me and for a moment there was clarity and I never went near the game again.

WoW is nothing more than a creepy van filled with RC cars and skateboards. Looks like a lot of fun, but Jesus Christ look at the van! And where is the driver anyway?

Yea, if you liked Morrowind you would love WOW. I dont recommend it for you. :lol:

MasterShake
11-21-2008, 08:29 PM

Exactly. Its like with Grand Theft Auto for me a few years back. Here I was running errands for people, then I thought "Hell, I have REAL errands to run." I would enjoy MMORPGs more if there wasn't like a 3 hour minimum to feel productive. The last one I played was Final Fantasy XI, and half the time was spent waiting around to form parties with stuck up japanese players.

girler
11-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Any players?

Here is the latest ad featuring Ozzy Osbourne. Pretty funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT8maUTzE48&fmt=18

I am a WoW widow. And a WoW- what do you call a mom who doesn't have any children? Anyway, my kid's principal said that my son described it this way. "Mom doesn't play world of warcraft because SOMEBODY has to run the house!" :laugh:

Kapaibro
11-22-2008, 07:53 AM
I am a WoW geek girl.

I aadmit that I haven't really focused too long on any one character, but I have a Lvl 28 Draenai Hunter who I really like.

I prefer the Hunters I admit, having a pet and standing back and shooting folks is much better.

Northman
11-22-2008, 10:48 AM
I am a WoW geek girl.

I aadmit that I haven't really focused too long on any one character, but I have a Lvl 28 Draenai Hunter who I really like.

I prefer the Hunters I admit, having a pet and standing back and shooting folks is much better.

Yea, i have about 4 pets for my 71 Hunter. A white lion, a black lion, a black T-rex, and a red and white spider. All rare pets of course. :D

studbucket
11-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I was in open beta and played for 18 months before I realized that the game was disappointing and it's only fun for the first 35-40 levels.

Once you get high enough, you need to log on for 4 hours to get anything accomplished, and need to be part of a giant raiding guild to get any equipment worth anything.

If you could get the game for free and only play up to level 30 or 40, I would do it, otherwise, I am glad I quit playing.

It's a good game, it added some good things to the MMO world, and it is very interesting to start off with, but as someone who has always loved the Warcraft franchise, it just didn't have an engaging story, and the world was very static. This is a problem a lot of MMOs have, but I just got pretty disenchanted with the whole game.

Enjoy the game, but don't play it too much :)

Broncogator
11-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I feel dweebish for reading this thread.

Northman
01-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh my, i cant stop laughing.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/astrozombie08/rofl.jpg

mdmnore88
01-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I doubt it. I started playing about a year ago but most of time has been spent on Alliance characters. From the sound of it you were probably on the Horde side with a Tauren. I have a level 71 Night Elf Hunter and a level 61 Death Knight which is new to WOW. I do have a level 26 Blood Elf which is Horde but i just stared her like a month ago. I admit, im addicted to this game. lol

You are seriously a nerd.

Northman
01-08-2009, 12:45 PM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/pbheadrush7/nerd.jpg

Requiem / The Dagda
01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
The game is for losers.

Northman
01-08-2009, 12:48 PM
The game is for losers.

Your just pissy because you dont know how to play and puts you beneath us. :D

Thnikkaman
01-08-2009, 02:27 PM
The game is for losers.

So what server do you play on?

Thnikkaman
01-08-2009, 02:29 PM
I used to play until it felt like work. I quit with a lvl 61 Draenai Wizard. The instances weren't any fun anymore, and I kept running into D-Bags on my server.

Yes I am a nerd, I used to play Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, and WoW. I think I have been pretty disenchanted from the MMO genre for a while.

MasterShake
01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I used to play until it felt like work. I quit with a lvl 61 Draenai Wizard. The instances weren't any fun anymore, and I kept running into D-Bags on my server.

Yes I am a nerd, I used to play Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, and WoW. I think I have been pretty disenchanted from the MMO genre for a while.

So was I until I saw this: http://www.jedinet.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-3

Nice write up about it in the new game informer as well.

Thnikkaman
01-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I may check that out as well as the new Warhammer mmo, but I am pretty content with the games that I don't have to pay a monthly fee to play right now.

studbucket
01-08-2009, 04:08 PM
So was I until I saw this: http://www.jedinet.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-3

Nice write up about it in the new game informer as well.

Oh no...I was so excited about KOTOR 3...this kind of dampens that excitement.

Poet
01-08-2009, 04:59 PM
77 Death Knight.

:tsk:

Zweems56
01-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I was a full BT geared Shadow Priest, early BT geared arms warrior, and made a death knight and got him to 76 over 2 months ago. Hurt my back, and have since stopped playing because I cant sit down for more than 20 minutes. I most likely won't ever play again, because the game is so damn addicting and I already beat out the withdrawal. I know, I'm pathetic. Forget I even told you I played

Northman
01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Here is my sheet for my main character, the Night Elf Hunter.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bladefist&n=Noguchi

Zweems56
01-08-2009, 07:28 PM
My last post in here before I wind up getting addicted again

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Aelgon

Full BT shadowpriest I havent played since xpac came out

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Qhorinn

Early BT Arms/Fury warrior (TG fury atm, bounced a lot toward the end testing builds) I havent played since xpac came out

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Natohk

Death Knight I played since the start of Xpac until 2 months ago and sadly probably won't play again

Poet
01-08-2009, 10:32 PM
I was a full BT geared Shadow Priest, early BT geared arms warrior, and made a death knight and got him to 76 over 2 months ago. Hurt my back, and have since stopped playing because I cant sit down for more than 20 minutes. I most likely won't ever play again, because the game is so damn addicting and I already beat out the withdrawal. I know, I'm pathetic. Forget I even told you I played

It's a great game. Games like WoW get a bad for a variety of reasons, but I still remember in high school when the starting DE's and one of our safeties (the whole team sucked like nobodies business mind you) admitted they played. I laughed my ass off.

Zweems56
01-08-2009, 10:40 PM
It's a great game. Games like WoW get a bad for a variety of reasons, but I still remember in high school when the starting DE's and one of our safeties (the whole team sucked like nobodies business mind you) admitted they played. I laughed my ass off.

Pshh... You wonder why. When I played, we didnt have time for anything but practice, lifting, icing ourselves and school. I didnt start till after I was done.

Poet
01-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Pshh... You wonder why. When I played, we didnt have time for anything but practice, lifting, icing ourselves and school. I didnt start till after I was done.

I think it had more to do with the awful coaching and playing against teams in the area that either could recruit, or had a new multi-million dollar school/tennis field/football field/swimming pool (it was announced and everyone knew it would be made, just finally got all the budget approved, but a lot of people did go to Chatam just for that).

Oh, it also didn't help that we as a school sucked at male sports.

However, our girl basketball and swim team dominated.

CrazyHorse
01-09-2009, 12:59 AM
This game makes no sense to me. Isn't it a MMORPG you have to pay a subscription for? What is the objective in the game?

Thnikkaman
01-09-2009, 08:27 AM
This game makes no sense to me. Isn't it a MMORPG you have to pay a subscription for? What is the objective in the game?

Most you have to pay for. You basically are on a treadmill until the odometer says lvl 80, then you keep running on it for no apparent reason.

Seriously, you create a character, and you go on quests to gain experience and new gear. You meet people online, maybe your friends play, and you start a guild. At certain points in the game, you get a good opportunity to fight other players in the game in an arena or a battle ground. The social aspect of the game will either turn you off from it, or make it addicting. The grinding part of the game, and the fact that people were being total D-Bags since I didn't want to joint their 31337 guilds killed the fun in it for me.

NameUsedBefore
01-09-2009, 08:29 AM
You can do massive 5-40 people quest things. The only part of that game that looked remotely interesting, IMO. My friend does/did those and they're pretty intense. Lots of team work and all that where one guy's screw up can get the whole team wiped out.

Northman
01-09-2009, 11:08 AM

As Thikka mentioned its an RPG much like the Final Fantasy games if you've ever played them. But, its in a live enviroment in which you play with other people online. You do quests to go along with the storyline of your particular character. It is challenging when it comes to getting certain weapons/gear that you try to achieve throughout the game. So while you do quests you also are at war with a total other faction. For instance, my main character is part of the faction called the "Alliance" and i am at war with the faction known as the "Horde". So while your running around these different continents you can also engage in battles both one and one and through "instances" in which they are pre-setup battle runs and achievements. My favorite right now is Alterac Valley because you get essentially 25 people together and battle against 25 Horde members while trying to take down each other's leaders. Its time consuming that is for sure to have to build up to lvl 80. It took me 6 months (with everything else i was doing) to get to lvl 67. It all depends on how much you play.

Thnikkaman
01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I might end up playing wow again at some point, I just need to badmouth it so I am not tempted.

Dr Velcro
01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I play. I'm a light weight and I don't get to go in often, but I dig it.
I like to kill things.

I'm in Anvilmar & I'm a Night Elf hunter.

mdmnore88
01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/pbheadrush7/nerd.jpg

Holy cow! They got your picture on the interwebz!

Northman
01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Holy cow! They got your picture on the interwebz!

Yea, they are a little off with the hair and glasses but they got my clothes on the ground, my Tv next too me for Bronco games and sodas on the Desk. Just missing a cat lying around somewhere. :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
01-09-2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.americajin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/world-of-warcraft-wow-demotivational-poster.jpg

Broncogator
01-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Again I say, I feel dorkier for reading this thread...that is all

slim
01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Gator, is the game any good?

I haven't read the thread or played the game...but if it is good I will buy it.

The fate of this $50 in my pocket rests in your response.

Thnikkaman
01-09-2009, 11:53 PM

Slim, its $50 + $15 a month as well as a vow of celibacy.

slim
01-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Slim, its $50 + $15 a month as well as a vow of celibacy.

Well, I am married so the celibacy thing is a given....not sure if I am willing to risk the $15/month.

MasterShake
01-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Well, I am married so the celibacy thing is a given....not sure if I am willing to risk the $15/month.

Why not? Marriage and Warcraft are the same thing. Either way all you hard earned money gets sucked up monthly by a cold machine and you don't get laid. At least you get some nice armor out of the deal.

Broncogator
01-10-2009, 09:54 AM

I don't know...I've never played.

Zweems56
01-10-2009, 11:17 AM

Don't do it. It will absorb you're essence. You will no longer be man. You will be an animated character in a video game. That is unless you suck at the game. In which case you will just..... suck at the game. Otherwise when you get to the higher levels, you commit yourself to hours a night "raiding" and tons of frustration if a single member of your 25 doesnt know what he's doing.

Watch this... Its hilarious but its so common

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04

Northman
01-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Don't do it. It will absorb you're essence. You will no longer be man. You will be an animated character in a video game. That is unless you suck at the game. In which case you will just..... suck at the game. Otherwise when you get to the higher levels, you commit yourself to hours a night "raiding" and tons of frustration if a single member of your 25 doesnt know what he's doing.

Watch this... Its hilarious but its so common

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04

:lol:

what a riot.

Zweems56
01-27-2009, 05:22 PM
**** my *******....

I started playing again.

I went from 76-77 my first day back, and i'm sure i'll have naxx down by next sunday. I despise myself.

Hobe
01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
I’ve been thinking of getting WOW. A couple years ago I got Guild Wars mostly because of the WOW $15/month. Guild Wars turned out to be more of a social MMO than fighting RPG. Besides, Guild Wars was gay. Guys kept wanting me to take my cloths off and dance with them! :eek:

Developing a character past the basic level depended on how many friends you had and whether you could get into a big guild. I didn’t collect many friends or get into a big guild, probably because I would take my cloths off and dance with anyone. :rolleyes:

NameUsedBefore
01-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I’ve been thinking of getting WOW. A couple years ago I got Guild Wars mostly because of the WOW $15/month. Guild Wars turned out to be more of a social MMO than fighting RPG. Besides, Guild Wars was gay. Guys kept wanting me to take my cloths off and dance with them! :eek:

Developing a character past the basic level depended on how many friends you had and whether you could get into a big guild. I didn’t collect many friends or get into a big guild, probably because I would take my cloths off and dance with anyone. :rolleyes:

Just like real life.

Zweems56
04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
So, I read world of warcraft in dr. v's thread, and it made me think, I never updated the people who care. Remember how i said i'd go 77-80 in a few days and down naxx 25 by sunday? I did. And have since finished all endgame content. Sarth+3d is down. We were the 16th guild on my server to down it (currently hardest content in the game). I dont know if anyone ACTUALLY plays and knows how hard that is, but figured i'd keep any fans of the game updated. Natohk, Burning Legion. I hate myself less than I did when I started playing again, but I still hate myself for succumbing to the temptation.

Northman
04-03-2009, 11:40 AM
lol

Northman
04-24-2022, 03:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn3lhLgivvk

Northman
04-28-2022, 06:37 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159441718603183&set=a.241151143182https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159441718603183&set=a.241151143182https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279169694_10159441718598183_7935136619570381143_n. jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=yHyd2sV1AWEAX94j8eJ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_TOzeMNiTAGCTqE7Asn_y_xaGdI24bZF9ZZCMr-f0hdg&oe=626FB09D