PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Game 1 vs Dallas

NightTerror218
08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
what would you guys like to see? What are you expecting?

Form what I have heard the 1st team offense will only be on for 12 or so plays. But Fox would not give hints as to what is going to happen.

I really would like to see our defense eat Dallas alive with the starters. I would also like to see how our O-Line hands the sack leader in the league Ware.

I personally would like to see us behind and have Orton play the 4th quarter to see if he handles the pressure of having to do a game winning drive, which he failed to do last year.

Northman
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Doesnt really matter really. Im just excited for some football. And considering the depth chart looks like its set up for the guys with question marks (not all cases) its more about seeing what we got than winning the game which makes sense.

NightTerror218
08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Doesnt really matter really. Im just excited for some football. And considering the depth chart looks like its set up for the guys with question marks (not all cases) its more about seeing what we got than winning the game which makes sense.

we also have 90 guys fighting for the 53 man roster.....lots of releases and depth chart changes.

jlarsiii
08-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Hopefully no injuries and a clean game. . .

MileHighCrew
08-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I just can't wait to see the Broncos take the field. It is the first game so I have no expectations. There are some players I want to see... the rookies as always, the FA's that hit the field. I want to see Brady Quinn in action, the reports have been good.
Just Broncos football!!!

Juriga72
08-09-2011, 12:59 PM
IF we lose someone because Fox wants to "try" something....I'll puke

Nomad
08-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Agreed.......I just noticed the game ticker by the forum logo. It's good to have football again and college is 3 weeks away.......Ducks vs Tigers!!:elefant:

NightTerror218
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Agreed.......I just noticed the game ticker by the forum logo. It's good to have football again and college is 3 weeks away.......Ducks vs Tigers!!:elefant:

Do you now if this game is going to be on TV in ER?

Nomad
08-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Do you now if this game is going to be on TV in ER?

If it's not on NFLN, then it's trying to find a free, illegal stream:lol: on the computer or purchase the NFL.com preseason package on the computer.

If you are talking Oregon vs LSU.....it'll be on ABC.....can't remember the exact date. They'll have a college football thread up soon with the college schedules!:beer:

NightTerror218
08-09-2011, 04:55 PM
If it's not on NFLN, then it's trying to find a free, illegal stream:lol: on the computer or purchase the NFL.com preseason package on the computer.

If you are talking Oregon vs LSU.....it'll be on ABC.....can't remember the exact date. They'll have a college football thread up soon with the college schedules!:beer:

Bronco game.....as for Oregon....I married a Beaver so....I have lots of Orange around the house :cool:

FanInAZ
08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
1) Our front 4 generate a pass rush
2) Good Run :defense:
3) RBs moving the chains
4) O sealing the deal in the redzone with TDs
5) Tebow showing that he's progressing in his development as an NFL QB

powderaddict
08-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I want to see Von Miller unleash hell on earth.

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 11:45 PM
If memory serves me wasn't Tony Romo pretty close to being a Bronco at one point? I think he's a highly underrated QB, he just makes plays.

Canmore
08-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Stop the run! :defense:

Kyle Orton be productive on third down and in the red zone.

Canmore
08-10-2011, 02:12 AM
If memory serves me wasn't Tony Romo pretty close to being a Bronco at one point? I think he's a highly underrated QB, he just makes plays.

Iirc Shanahan made a big pitch to Romo, but he opted to sign with Dallas.

dogfish
08-10-2011, 02:25 AM
i wanna see tebow ruin someone. . . .

:cool:

T.K.O.
08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I want to see how quick Elvis is after recovery,and Von BUT i really really am most interested in seeing how well the team STOPS the run....will be the key to our season (another 4 ish wins or a possible playoff spot imho).
also the game will be on NFLN...but not until friday eve:mad:
so i will be scouring the webs and getting the facts right here at BF:salute:

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 09:10 AM
I want to see Von Miller unleash hell on earth.

I want to see Miller and Dumervil make a quarterback sandwich.

EastCoastBronco
08-10-2011, 09:33 AM
No major injuries...

BroncoJoe
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
My Dad's effing 89th Birthday Dinner is Thursday at 6:00PM MT. At a restaurant.

ug.

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 10:19 AM

ug.

Do you have a way to record it?

BroncoJoe
08-10-2011, 10:20 AM

Yes, but it's not the same.

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 10:23 AM

I here ya.

Nomad
08-10-2011, 10:29 AM

ug.

You two sneak out and go to Hooters or the nearest sports bar!:D

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 10:34 AM

ug.

Btw happy birthday to your dad. :birthday:

dogfish
08-10-2011, 12:38 PM

ug.

joe, enjoy the night with your dad-- your 4-12 broncos will still be there afterwards. . .

:heh:

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 12:41 PM
I'd like to see a run game. I expect to see a tougher orton than we saw at the end of last year.

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 12:43 PM

ug.

it's just preseason Joe. quit being so selfish and all about yourself. Go celebrate as your dad embarks on his 90th year of life. Not many get there and it's something worth recognizing and celebrating you jerkoff

slim
08-10-2011, 01:17 PM
I can't wait to watch Tebow light it up.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I want to see what our defense is going to do (pressure).
I want to see what our offensive line is like (protection).
I want to see Orton and Tebow do well (accurate throws).
I want to see what the special teams can bring (run back would be nice).
I am really looking forward to seeing what our receivers look like (threat).
I want to gauge how the team is working together (are they behind Orton).

Have I left anything out?

slim
08-10-2011, 01:29 PM

I don't want to see any injuries!

JaxBroncoGirl
08-10-2011, 01:29 PM
it's just preseason Joe. quit being so selfish and all about yourself. Go celebrate as your dad embarks on his 90th year of life. Not many get there and it's something worth recognizing and celebrating you jerkoff

Look he is just going to have to understand. He has had 89 birthdays, Just Kidding.....

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 01:31 PM

That covers it pretty well other than you left off defense. :defense:

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Look he is just going to have to understand. He has had 89 birthdays, Just Kidding.....

Jax! What's up? long time

:stiffy:

slim
08-10-2011, 01:32 PM

Whoa...let's just slow down a little bit.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 01:33 PM

Quinn?

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 01:34 PM

I don't want to see any injuries!

He's squeamish and faints at the sight of blood.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM

I have been here, just did not want to get into the ole Orton vs Tebow until after the lockout was over. I still think Tebow will pull through.

Really looking forward to seeing how the team does as a whole this year. With all the problems and changes the last two - three years has brought, I only wish the very best for my West Coast Team! (anything west of the Miss is considered West to me). Go Broncos!!!!

JaxBroncoGirl
08-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Quinn?

Sorry about that, yes I want to see Quinn as well. Most of all, I want to see the defense step up this year and be in your face mean!! Maybe we should ad a few ex cons to the roster you know for that Thug in your Face type pressure.....

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 01:39 PM

You better hope the Kiwi girl doesn't see this she's liable to go Lorena Bobbit on ya. :shocked:

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
You better hope the Kiwi girl doesn't see this she's liable to go Lorena Bobbit on ya. :shock:

Kap? oh, she's cool with it.

God I hope/fingers crossed

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Kap? oh, she's cool with it.

You wont be saying that when she puts your manhood up for sale on Ebay.

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 01:50 PM
You wont be saying that when she puts your manhood up for sale on Ebay.

when I first came to the site, kap basically called me a *****

JaxBroncoGirl
08-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh, one more thing, I am really not interested in the run game right now. I am more interested in seeing special teams and receivers, also, I want to be able to gauge which QB is more successful for the team. Still think last year and this year Tebow should play in each game, get him more reps during the game.

This team has had to learn two different systems in 2-3 years because of the coaching change, overall I want to see cohesiveness!!!!!!!!

ps - Masteshake thank you for my sig.......

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 01:54 PM
when I first came to the site, kap basically called me a *****

New Zealanders are so uncivilized. :tsk:

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Oh, one more thing, I am really not interested in the run game right now. I am more interested in seeing special teams and receivers, also, I want to be able to gauge which QB is more successful for the team. Still think last year and this year Tebow should play in each game, get him more reps during the game.

This team has had to learn two different systems in 2-3 years because of the coaching change, overall I want to see cohesiveness!!!!!!!!

Unless Tebow gets hurt I'm pretty sure he'll see time in every game.

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:00 PM
New Zealanders are so uncivilized. :tsk:

I played rubgy with a few of them. They can be pretty crazy. I remember there was stoppage during a match because our hooker or prop who was a kiwi punched an opposing player. he was my teammate so of course the other guy deserved it, but after the game, I asked him what the guy was doing to deserve it. He said, oh nothing. There was just an open shot and I took it. I don't think I'll ever forget that story. cracked me up.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 02:02 PM

I expect to see the other QB on his back several times, or atleast bouncing off the turf after getting hit a few times, but no late hits :D

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I played rubgy with a few of them. They can be pretty crazy. I remember there was stoppage during a match because our hooker or prop who was a kiwi punched an opposing player. he was my teammate so of course the other guy deserved it, but after the game, I asked him what the guy was doing to deserve it. He said, oh nothing. There was just an open shot and I took it. I don't think I'll ever forget that story. cracked me up.

Do you guys do like we do and have socials after each game and get tacked with the other team?

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Do you guys do like we do and have socials after each game and get tacked with the other team?

I haven't played in probably close to 15 years now, but yeah, we did. I think that's pretty standard whereever you play.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I haven't played in probably close to 15 years now, but yeah, we did. I think that's pretty standard whereever you play.

yup and a Zulu warrior?

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:11 PM

if you are a bronco fan, you should be interested in the run game Jax. our lack of one killed us last year imo. In fact, i put most of the losses on being incapable of producing in that area.

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:13 PM
yup and a Zulu warrior?

yeah, I zulued in the Quad cities. Scored against the University of Iowa at some tournament on a pass to and loop with the winger. Had to dive and stretch for the try, it was awesome.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 02:15 PM
yeah, I zulued in the Quad cities. Scored against the University of Iowa on a pass to the loop around the winger. Had to dive and stretch for the try, it was awesome.

I did a zulu 2nd week of rugby at my college.....figure it was also the game where we had the cheerleaders cheering for us too. I played inside so it was just a simple pitch back and plow through for the tri.

We did our zulus after the game infront of the whole crowd......nothing like doing it in front of your professors and bosses :lol:

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:18 PM
I did a zulu 2nd week of rugby at my college.....figure it was also the game where we had the cheerleaders cheering for us too. I played inside so it was just a simple pitch back and plow through for the tri.

We did our zulus after the game infront of the whole crowd......nothing like doing it in front of your professors and bosses :lol:

You must be a pretty solid bloke huh? man, I miss playing sometimes. I miss the contact.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 02:23 PM
You must be a pretty solid bloke huh? man, I miss playing sometimes. I miss the contact.

Just need a hole to go through...and arm tackles are easy to break. I looked for one is Alaska but have not had much luck.

Nomad
08-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Just need a hole to go through...and arm tackles are easy to break. I looked for one is Alaska but have not had much luck.

Here ya go bro!

http://alaskarugbyunion.org/

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:28 PM

I could play outside center, but the inside center really needs to be a battering ram for the most part.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Here ya go bro!

http://alaskarugbyunion.org/

Alaska Walrus Penis Union.....sweet Oosik=Walrus Penis

slim
08-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I have never seen a walrus dick.

dogfish
08-10-2011, 02:33 PM

if they deep-fried one, you know you'd be all over it. . . .

:welcome:

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Lets just say its always solid and is about the size of your forearm..... I have seen carvings made out of them

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Lets just say its always solid and is about the size of your forearm..... I have seen carvings made out of them

Carvings? what are they made of wood?

Nomad
08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Alaska Walrus Penis Union.....sweet Oosik=Walrus Penis

Did not know that! I've heard of the Mat-SU team though I've never played rugby so I didn't pay attention.

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Did not know that! I've heard of the Mat-SU team though I've never played rugby so I didn't pay attention.

You should Nomad. check it out

slim
08-10-2011, 02:37 PM

They make carvings out of walrus dick?

Please tell me they sell them online.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Carvings? what are they made of wood?

they are solid bone.....cold doesn't bother them

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:45 PM
they are solid bone.....cold doesn't bother them

wow. hmm.. solid bone. dang. I'll have to look into that.

BigDaddyBronco
08-10-2011, 02:50 PM
They make carvings out of walrus dick?

Please tell me they sell them online.
You can get anything online...

http://www.boonetrading.com/Pg26.html

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:53 PM
I didn't realize the walrus was such a formidable animal. big friggin animal. over a ton in weight. that's bigger than many decent sized horses and probalby close to that of a hereford or angus bull. damn. I suppose we'd have to consult with Rex since he knows everything

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:54 PM

spoken like a true methhead

Nomad

Hell, they even make a beer for dogfish!!:)

http://midnightsunbrewing.com/beer_oosik.php

NightTerror218
I didn't realize the walrus was such a formidable animal. big friggin animal. over a ton in weight. that's bigger than many decent sized horses and probalby close to that of a hereford or angus bull. damn. I suppose we'd have to consult with Rex since he knows everything

I was on work trip on an Alaska Island and saw the corpse of one....thing was mmuch bigger then my 4-wheeler

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
I was on work trip on an Alaska Island and saw the corpse of one....thing was mmuch bigger then my 4-wheeler

damn. I guess their only predator is the polar bear and orcas. and apparently healthy one's are too muich for a polar bear.

slim
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
wow. hmm.. solid bone. dang. I'll have to look into that.

Solid bone?

I guess this explains why the female walrus is such a content animal.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I think I hijacked this thread

Ziggy
08-10-2011, 07:00 PM

ug.

True, but if you've seen one birthday party, you've seen them all.

dogfish
08-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Hell, they even make a beer for dogfish!!:)

http://midnightsunbrewing.com/beer_oosik.php

I think I hijacked this thread

walrus dick's probably a more interesting topic than pre-season anyway. . . .

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
True, but if you've seen one birthday party, you've seen them all.

It's his dad's 89th birthday that's not the same.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
08-10-2011, 07:28 PM

I don't know about that Dog. I would rather talk about preseason football than walrus anatomy. :shocked:

Nomad
08-10-2011, 07:32 PM

Those IPA's on that site sounded pretty good! I'll have to hunt them down during the football season!

OrangeHoof
08-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm normally nonplussed about the first game of the season but it's been a rough year and I am so excited to see football again. I hope for a clean injury-free game and to see the Broncos win but, more importantly, I want to see the Broncos play hard and show they are going to be improved over last year.

Medford Bronco
08-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I want to see an improved defense, esp in the 1st half when the game matters a bit and then an improved running game as we were bad last year at what used to be a staple of the Bronco offense for many years. Correct the wrongs from McLoser

BroncoJoe
08-10-2011, 11:26 PM
I'd like to see a run game. I expect to see a tougher orton than we saw at the end of last year.

But today is his birthday, 8/10, not tomorrow, 8/11 which is when the birthday party is.

BroncoStud
08-11-2011, 12:25 AM

ug.

Tell him "sorry, I'll make it up to you on your 90th, I promise!"

Tned
08-11-2011, 12:28 AM
I don't know how much the Cowboys starting offense will play (probably one or two series at most), but I'm curious to see if Doom, Miller and company can harass Romo during that time.

dogfish
08-11-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't know how much the Cowboys starting offense will play (probably one or two series at most), but I'm curious to see if Doom, Miller and company can harass Romo during that time.

i'm guessing the cowturds will be starting a rookie tackle-- they better be able to get after it. . .

Tned
08-11-2011, 06:53 AM
i'm guessing the cowturds will be starting a rookie tackle-- they better be able to get after it. . .

I work with a couple Cowboy fans. I think they said the right tackle and maybe left guard are rookies.

MOtorboat
08-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Well, unfortunately, my new move has not put me in TV territory for preseason games, but I do get the radio broadcast tonight.

:soexcited:

slim
08-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Well, unfortunately, my new move has not put me in TV territory for preseason games, but I do get the radio broadcast tonight.

:soexcited:

I think everyone in the US can get KOA.

Ziggy
08-11-2011, 08:38 AM
It's his dad's 89th birthday that's not the same.

We really need a sarcasm button on here.

TXBRONC
08-11-2011, 09:11 AM
We really need a sarcasm button on here.

With some posters you just never know Ziggy. :D

BroncoJoe
08-12-2011, 10:06 AM

ug.

So, I recorded the game, but stupidly recorded the SD channel. DAMNIT!

Oh well, the restaurant had a TV with the game on, so I got to see some of the action.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
So, I recorded the game, but stupidly recorded the SD channel. DAMNIT!

Oh well, the restaurant had a TV with the game on, so I got to see some of the action.

I went to two different sports bars, and none were playing anything other than the SD game. Pissed me off! Came home as fast as I could to get a stream. Missed all of the first series. But then... itsonly pre-season.