PDA

View Full Version : From today's training camp 8/9/11

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2011, 11:40 AM
PostBroncos Lindsay Jones

Things are getting testy here: Cassius Vaughn just threw a punch at Decker during a team drill. 1st O vs 2nd D.
1 minute ago

(These runs are in 9-on-7, clarification)
7 minutes ago

LenDale + Lance Ball also with decent runs in team drills. A fan yells, "where you at, linebackers?"
8 minutes ago

McGahee rushed around right end for TD in team drill. 30ish yards. Best run of camp, period.
11 minutes ago

Blog: Orton cheered; Royal sits out http://dpo.st/pjft4r #broncos
20 minutes ago

Syd'Quan intercepts Tebow on 2nd 7-on-7 repm pass was high.
20 minutes ago

Orton 7-for-7 in 7-on-7. Nothing downfield.
22 minutes ago

I came in to post a blog entry and see that I'm missing big plays by the D: Champ int return TD, Ty Warren safety. Heading back out ...
31 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos

NightTerror218
08-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Vaughn vs Decker.....WTF......kid cant handle a dude catching the ball all over him?

Northman
08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
I like the tenacity.

I also think people will be pleasantly surprised with McGahee this year.

NightTerror218
08-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Fox made them shake hands

underrated29
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I like the tenacity.

I also think people will be pleasantly surprised with McGahee this year.

He or ronnie brown were my to favorites for us to land.

Mcgahee is going to help me make a lot of people eat crow.

MileHighCrew
08-09-2011, 12:04 PM
GEM is at home plotting her assult on Vaughn right now.

Agent of Orange
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
PostBroncos Lindsay Jones

Things are getting testy here: Cassius Vaughn just threw a punch at Decker during a team drill. 1st O vs 2nd D.
1 minute ago

(These runs are in 9-on-7, clarification)
7 minutes ago

LenDale + Lance Ball also with decent runs in team drills. A fan yells, "where you at, linebackers?"
8 minutes ago

McGahee rushed around right end for TD in team drill. 30ish yards. Best run of camp, period.
11 minutes ago

Blog: Orton cheered; Royal sits out http://dpo.st/pjft4r #broncos
20 minutes ago

Syd'Quan intercepts Tebow on 2nd 7-on-7 repm pass was high.
20 minutes ago

Orton 7-for-7 in 7-on-7. Nothing downfield.22 minutes ago

I came in to post a blog entry and see that I'm missing big plays by the D: Champ int return TD, Ty Warren safety. Heading back out ...
31 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos

Orton is really trying to Milli Vanilli his way through training camp.

vandammage13
08-09-2011, 12:14 PM

That's what he does...it is clear that he is going to do everything he can this year to protect his FA stock over the success of the team.

He's gonna keep the INTs down, take what the opposing D gives him, not take any chances, and pass the buck onto the rest of the team when it comes time for people to start wondering what went wrong with the team this year.

GEM
08-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Cassius better watch it...don't be messing with that face dammit!!!

*EDIT* Hahahah!! I posted this before seeing Crew's post. :D Damn skippy!!! Lumpy gives Deckers a black eye and I'll have to go all Lumpykins on his ass!! :D

Agent of Orange
08-09-2011, 12:18 PM
That's what he does...it is clear that he is going to do everything he can this year to protect his FA stock over the success of the team.

He's gonna keep the INTs down, take what the opposing D gives him, not take any chances, and pass the buck onto the rest of the team when it comes time for people to start wondering what went wrong with the team this year.

Yeah, it's disgusting.

Buff
08-09-2011, 12:23 PM
I'd take a swing at GQ boi too just out of principle if I were playing defense.

BroncoWave
08-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Vaughn vs Decker.....WTF......kid cant handle a dude catching the ball all over him?

How long have you followed football? Scuffles break out in camp all over the league every year. Move along, nothing to see here.

pipes
08-09-2011, 12:33 PM
How long have you followed football? Scuffles break out in camp all over the league every year. Move along, nothing to see here.

I realize that scuffles happen ALL of the time and especially in training camps but throwing punches is not good.

It shows a lack of maturity and discipline.

With Cox's impending problems, Denver will need Vaughn to be there to step up but will also have to be able to trust him out there with his emotions.

I'm guessing that Decker isn't quite the "talker" that most other wr's are... And he's getting in Vaughn's head?

NorCalBronco7
08-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I realize that scuffles happen ALL of the time and especially in training camps but throwing punches is not good.

It shows a lack of maturity and discipline.

With Cox's impending problems, Denver will need Vaughn to be there to step up but will also have to be able to trust him out there with his emotions.

I'm guessing that Decker isn't quite the "talker" that most other wr's are... And he's getting in Vaughn's head?

Many times coachs create scenarios in which they are hoping postional battles come to blows......thats football.

NightTerror218
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM

I have followed and played football....but never came down to swings....getting in a persons face and yelling....yes all the time. I have had to tackle people and pin them down but never swung.

GEM
08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I'd take a swing at GQ boi too just out of principle if I were playing defense.

He'd throw the football through your gap, jock strap. Watch yo mouth!!

Jsteve01
08-09-2011, 01:45 PM
sheesh football is a violent sport...who cares as long as they get it out in camp?

And we need some nastiness from our back 7. I like Vaughn and I love the he vaulted over Cox on the DC

Thnikkaman
08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Carol, I would like to date your thread. Is it available? ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Starting wide receiver Brandon Lloyd was pulled from Tuesday’s morning practice because of some minor knee swelling, head coach John Fox said.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/08/09/lloyd-misses-practice-time-others-with-minor-sprains/8809/

champbronc2
08-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Eh, I don't think swelling in the knee is much to worry about it unless he aggravates it.

As for the McGahee discussion.. I'm not to sold out on the guy. I loved him in Buffalo, but since then I just haven't seen any production. Maybe he was a victim of his situation. Buffalo always sucking and being behind Rice and such in Baltimore.

I guess we'll learn a lot on Thursday.

GEM
08-09-2011, 03:34 PM
sheesh football is a violent sport...who cares as long as they get it out in camp?

And we need some nastiness from our back 7. I like Vaughn and I love the he vaulted over Cox on the DC

Cox is gone either way. Word out is that he's getting cut at the end of camp unless he shows he's the next Champ Bailey because of the arrest.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Lowlight: Early in practice, the Broncos' offense started at their 1-yard line, 99 yards to go. Kyle Orton's first pass was underthrown and intercepted by Champ Bailey. On Tim Tebow's first play, he and backup center Manny Ramirez muffed the snap exchange for a lost fumble. Tebow was immediately yanked and replaced by Brady Quinn — whose first pass was intercepted by Syd' Quan Thompson. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Highlight: Have the Broncos ever had a running back like Willis McGahee? Terrell Davis was 210 pounds. Clinton Portis​ was 220. Mike Anderson was 230 with fullback speed. McGahee is a powerfully built 235 who moves like a tailback. He had two of the most impressive runs in camp during the full-pad practice this morning. Not bad for a guy who is getting $3 million this year ($2 million signing bonus; $1 million salary) on a year-to-year, $9.5 million contract.

rest of article - including more on each QB
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18646890

Lonestar
08-09-2011, 03:46 PM

And just maybe that is what was called. Or he checked down because of coverage.

Since you do not have a clue listen up.

Grandma. Always said "if you have nothing good to say, keep quite."

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
08-09-2011, 03:50 PM

I've heard that saying alot. Don't know if I really agree with it.

BeefStew25
08-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Your grandma was an illiterate wench.

GEM
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM

I'm going to whine the same rhetoric that you do....

Is thi not a plce for diferin opins? Those in thekno who are intlgent and have class kno that i speak truth.

In other words....you don't predicate the comments and conversations that happen here. If you don't like someone's point of view, we all know about your iggy list, add him to it...but don't sit here and tell another poster to keep quiet. If we are opening up that ability, please do me a favor and shush your typing fingers.

SOCALORADO.
08-09-2011, 04:07 PM
rest of article - including more on each QB
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18646890

So all the QBs suck. Great.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
So all the QBs suck. Great.

More in the article states some good things they did also.

Lonestar
08-09-2011, 04:10 PM

Is thi not a plce for diferin opins? Those in thekno who are intlgent and have class kno that i speak truth.

In other words....you don't predicate the comments and conversations that happen here. If you don't like someone's point of view, we all know about your iggy list, add him to it...but don't sit here and tell another poster to keep quiet. If we are opening up that ability, please do me a favor and shush your typing fingers.

I hinted that he may be quiet, big difference..

some folks see everything as half or less empty..

some do not.

But unless someone knows for sure what was called and THAT he chose to ignore the plays, there is no need to have a wise ass remark..

I'm guessing that I'm talking to Gem the poster, so as I said about Granny, if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything..

sneakers
08-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Fox made them shake hands

He should have made them kiss. :shocked:

GEM
I hinted that he may be quiet, big difference..

some folks see everything as half or less empty..

some do not.

But unless someone knows for sure what was called and THAT he chose to ignore the plays, there is no need to have a wise ass remark..

I'm guessing that I'm talking to Gem the poster, so as I said about Granny, if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything..

And I'll say to you in plainer English than before. Anyone here can say anything they want and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it as long as it's within the COC.

TXBRONC
I've heard that saying alot. Don't know if I really agree with it.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

Lonestar
08-09-2011, 04:15 PM
And I'll say to you in plainer English than before. Anyone here can say anything they want and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it as long as it's within the COC.

ANd I'll say it like it is SINCE he doe not have a clue he is talking out of his ass.

He may want to think about it before he does..

NO WHERE have I said he can't say whats on his mind..

IF you can show me where I did ding me.. I do not need your guidance on the COC..

GEM
08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
ANd I'll say it like it is SINCE he doe not have a clue he is talking out of his ass.

He may want to think about it before he does..

NO WHERE have I said he can't say whats on his mind..

IF you can show me where I did ding me.. I do not need your guidance on the COC..

Do you have full knowledge that what he said is not true. Did Fox give you a playbook so you know that that is what the play was or that he checked all of his reads? Reports out of Dove Valley said that just in the last 2 practices, Orton has stopped zeroing in on Lloyd. He was not making progressions through reads. So maybe you should be quiet if you don't know.

NightTerror218
08-09-2011, 04:26 PM

mmmm woman who takes charge :whistle:

Northman
08-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Early in practice, the Broncos' offense started at their 1-yard line, 99 yards to go. Kyle Orton's first pass was underthrown and intercepted by Champ Bailey. On Tim Tebow's first play, he and backup center Manny Ramirez muffed the snap exchange for a lost fumble. Tebow was immediately yanked and replaced by Brady Quinn — whose first pass was intercepted by Syd' Quan Thompson. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

That is downright comical.

TXBRONC
08-09-2011, 04:38 PM

To say the least.

Northman
08-09-2011, 04:39 PM
To say the least.

I read that too Missy and she was almost in tears at how bad it was. She was like "Its not FUNNY!"

I still couldnt help but laugh. :lol:

pnbronco
08-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Carol I was only there for about 45 minutes today, had some work I had to do first. Then where I sat they got all yancy about autographs and stood up long before you had too, so I didn't really see that much. However what I did see of LenDale is that he is getting stronger and stronger every day. He had a couple of really nice runs. He seemed more than once to squeeze in a hole and pop our with some yards. Talked to him after practice and he said he is feeling so much better. He just has to get use to running at this altitude again. His attitude is so much better as well. I only hope the best for the kid, he seems to really want this chance this time.

Also McGahee had another beautiful run. He seems to make something out of nothing and then a little bit more. I think it's good that we have McGahee to challenge Moreno. Knowshon has seemed a little bit humbler than I've seen him, so I can only hope we can develop a running game even if it is by committee.

Didn't see the fight, it was at the other end. Not worried, Eric is a big boy and I would hate to have to yell at Cassius. Now Buff don't even start, I can be mean when pushed......:mad:

Julius caught another great pass. I so hope this kid can carry this into the real season. I think I remember it was a longer pass from Orton in the 2 minute drill. Orton did have some longer passes BTW. They are suppose to be working on shorter controlled passes from I'm seeing from all the QB's....you know clock control. That is until they get to the 2 minute drill. Like I said was only there a short time and couldn't see half of the time I was there.....

Lonestar
08-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Do you have full knowledge that what he said is not true. Did Fox give you a playbook so you know that that is what the play was or that he checked all of his reads? Reports out of Dove Valley said that just in the last 2 practices, Orton has stopped zeroing in on Lloyd. He was not making progressions through reads. So maybe you should be quiet if you don't know.

I did not say I did know nor would I ever..

He was definitive in his smart ass remark....

HE can talk out of his ass all day, I was merely giving advise.. he or anyone else can take it or not

then someone felt the need to butt in.

BTW since those reports are just like his assumption, NO ONE knows for sure what is going on outside the Field and film room..

When you hear from someone that was there, get back to me..

edit let me add

I think I remember it was a longer pass from Orton in the 2 minute drill. Orton did have some longer passes BTW. They are suppose to be working on shorter controlled passes from I'm seeing from all the QB's....you know clock control. That is until they get to the 2 minute drill. Like I said was only there a short time and couldn't see half of the time I was there.....

pnbronco
08-09-2011, 04:47 PM

Yeah it is....well kind of....:laugh: Glad I stayed home and worked early on, they seemed to be back on track when I got there.....

One more thing I forgot.... yesterday they were working on trying to stretch out one of Eddie leg, today he was in short on the side lines, hope it's not a big deal.

TXBRONC
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Didn't see the fight, it was at the other end. Not worried, Eric is a big boy and I would hate to have to yell at Cassius. Now Buff don't even start, I can mean when pushed......:mad:

You should be concerned for Vaughn's safety. The way GEM talking I think she's going hire the Saprano's to educate Vaughn on how unwise it is to bother her man candy.

GEM
08-09-2011, 04:59 PM

HE can talk out of his ass all day, I was merely giving advise.. he or anyone else can take it or not

BTW since those reports are just like his assumption, NO ONE knows for sure what is going on outside the Field and film room..

edit let me add

Meaning you don't know either, so you are talking out your ass. Get over it.

GEM
08-09-2011, 05:00 PM
You should be concerned for Vaughn's safety. The way GEM talking I think she's going hire the Saprano's to educate Vaughn on how unwise it is to bother her man candy.

I'd hate to have to pull a Nancy Kerrigan. :laugh: He's lucky Decker had his helmet on!! :D

pnbronco
08-09-2011, 05:00 PM

edit let me add

Behave star boy..... I didn't write that to cause more problems. Don't make me go after you and Buff......:D

pnbronco
08-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I'd hate to have to pull a Nancy Kerrigan. :laugh: He's lucky Decker had his helmet on!! :D

Heavens yes....I mean who would want to do anything to a face like his.... Not sure I've ever looked at his ears.

I did take a couple of pictures of Brady Quinn today, kind of felt like I've been cheating on him in the drool department.....:lol:

GEM
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Heavens yes....I mean who would want to do anything to a face like his.... Not sure I've ever looked at his ears.

I did take a couple of pictures of Brady Quinn today, kind of felt like I've been cheating on him in the drool department.....:lol:

I need to pull the pics off my camera....but man oh man....I got some :drool: of Decker!!! My mom was staring at him and I had to remind her who he was. She was smitten as well. :laugh:

topscribe
08-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I need to pull the pics off my camera....but man oh man....I got some :drool: of Decker!!! My mom was staring at him and I had to remind her who he was. She was smitten as well. :laugh:

Shades of KCLady and Tony Gonzalez . . . :lol:

-----

Lonestar
08-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Meaning you don't know either, so you are talking out your ass. Get over it.

when did I say I knew what was going on..

but he was talking out of his ass.

I merely brought up scenarios his blind eye could not see. or wanted to see...

BTW PN said in a later post they were working on the short throw game today..

Which further blows his WAG out of the water..

have a great night..

arapaho2
08-09-2011, 05:48 PM

im kinda turned on by your fiercness:listen:

topscribe
08-09-2011, 06:06 PM

I got the impression Orton and Quinn tore them up in the 2 minute drill . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Training camp has featured mostly good weather so far at Dove Valley, and Tuesday’s morning session was no different. It was a hot one, with barely a cloud in the sky.

Without further adieu, let’s get to the recap.

ROLL CALL
Louis Leonard (knee), Mitch Unrein (knee), Brandon Minor (knee) and Eddie Royal sat out practice. Brandon Lloyd (knee swelling) sat out the second half of pracitce, Nate Irving left with an ankle sprain, Richard Quinn left with a knee sprain and Derek Domino left with a finger sprain.

full article - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2011-training-camp-day-13-a-m-blog/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2011, 09:35 PM
The Broncos came out Tuesday late afternoon for an hour-long walkthrough session as they prepare for their first preseason game Thursday at Dallas.

There wasn’t a whole lot to report on, but there are a couple brief notes.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2011-training-camp-day-13-p-m-blog/

Lancane
08-09-2011, 10:01 PM

Shitting their pants at the sight of Miller and Doom doesn't count Carol! :lol:

BroncoNut
08-10-2011, 10:05 AM

If I were you, I would keep the ones of Decker and gem to them.