PDA

View Full Version : pn Monday Training Camp Report

pnbronco
08-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Just read Cecil Lammey twitter report and no need to repeat what he said, it's what I saw as well. So will try to keep this short today.

The early part of practice was a lot of almost walk throughs. The O line coach worked a lot with the line and RB runs. I could hear if the safety comes here then this, if this D comes here than that, very methodical. They are spending a lot and lot of time of working with the RB's and QB's with runs and short passes. Also I saw more practice with Wild Cat/Horse plays. Also I've seen more work with Larsen this year than years past. It was nice to see White out there, he didn't get as many reps but I look forward to seeing what he can do.

McGahee seems to be getting his timing better and better with each practice. I have to agree with Cecil that Moreno has flashes of speed, but he is dancing too much after the hand off and not going straight for the hole. Ball is trying super hard to make this team. Johnson has some bad runs but he's had some really good ones too. Also I noticed that he was practicing with ST.

DJ was out on the field for the first time that I remember, good to see him. Got quite a bit of playing time with the 1st.

The WR had their helmets off and their coach was going through lots of formations with them as well. They also took a lot of passes from the staff later on in the practice.

After they do the skipping and other warm ups they line up to stretch. I thought it was kind of interesting who was on the 1st line facing the rest: Clady, Kuper, Decker, Gronkowski, Moreno, Orton, DJ, Mays, Champ, Dawkins, Doom and Ayers. I'm not saying this means anything, but it seems like many of these players have been captains in past years.

I saw more Doom jersey's out there yesterday than I have ever before, it's nice to see the D getting support this year along with Champ.

Like I said above the QB's are working a lot with the RB but they are also working a lot with the TE's. Things just feel different this year. I have no idea what any of this means once the season starts, but it's been very different that years past.

They had a practice where a RB went against a LB. This is where I started to really notice Von Miller. That guy has a bunch of moves and was getting around the RB every time and not all the LB were. Also I have impressed with Irving at every practice, he has done something as a highlight during the practice.

The players were lined up on the side lines for the 11/11 so I could not see around them. What little I could see I was really impressed with Miller. The guy is just fast and either gets into the face of the QB or going for a sack. I really look forward to seeing him in the pre-season games.

A few more D observations. Lee Robinson, 54, has had plays that have caught my attention more than once. I think it was Johnson that had the ball and when Robinson hit him the almost did a back flip from the impact. He seems to have a act of finding the runner and stopping him much sooner than later.

Mays is very active out on the field. He is so vocal and creates a lot of energy out on the field. He also had a INT, which charged the D even more.

Just a couple more things. JD Walton almost got in blows with one of the DL, I think Thomas, but not sure. He was ticked even after they broke them up. From everything I've heard Centers have to have a nasty streak in them, JD seems to be going in that direction.

I won't go into the QB passing because Cecil wrote what I saw. I will say that I saw something for the first time. Orton and Tebow have not stood by each other most of the practices that I've seen. Each guy talks to his receivers in between reps and Orton and Brady are talking a bunch but not Orton and Tebow. When the ST are practicing Tebow is over on the far side throwing often with Weber and Orton and Quinn are are standing on the side lines. Yesterday Orton went over and worked with Tebow on his throws, made me smile.

Got to get going for the day. Hope you enjoy my other observations....Go Broncos!!!!

underrated29
08-09-2011, 09:24 AM
You rock p!

If Wednesday is not a walktbrough I should make it. Any idea if it is, im kinda sure it is. Are you going to go?

Lonestar
08-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Danke.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

pnbronco
08-09-2011, 09:42 AM
You rock p!

If Wednesday is not a walktbrough I should make it. Any idea if it is, im kinda sure it is. Are you going to go?

I'm sure it will be. I'm planning on going but could be late because it's tough with the am traffic from where I live. Just let me know and we'll try to sit together. Remember no phones once you get in....

TXBRONC
08-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm sure looking forward to watch this game even though it will be after the fact. :mad:

Anyway even with walk throughs it wont surprise me if struggled especially on offense.

jlarsiii
08-09-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm sure looking forward to watch this game even though it will be after the fact. :mad:

Anyway even with walk throughs it wont surprise me if struggled especially on offense.

I expect it to be kind of ugly as well. Everything is new and there was no offseason to start to get the whole team up to speed so I will be beyond shocked if they come out looking good. Still, I plan on recording it and watching on the weekend.

P.S. Thanks PN for the camp updates. Nice to hear what is going on at practice

Tned
08-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Nice to hear that there may have been a breakthrough in the Orton/Tebow relationship. Not that my opinion matters, but I feel a lot better about Orton starting if he is willing to mentor Tebow.

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Nice to hear that there may have been a breakthrough in the Orton/Tebow relationship. Not that my opinion matters, but I feel a lot better about Orton starting if he is willing to mentor Tebow.

That would certainly raise my opinion of Orton. His hostility towards the idea of mentoring has been a definite issue for me, and many others it seems. If Orton shows he is more willing because he is certainly capable, I would support him more.

Northman
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Moreno has flashes of speed, but he is dancing too much after the hand off and not going straight for the hole.

Yep, ive been talking about this the last year or so. Everyone kept blaming the line but this is proof in the pudding folks. Moreno has talent but isnt utilizing the holes that are there for him.

Just a couple more things. JD Walton almost got in blows with one of the DL, I think Thomas, but not sure. He was ticked even after they broke them up. From everything I've heard Centers have to have a nasty streak in them, JD seems to be going in that direction.

Good to hear, comes along with his rep. Hopefully he wont get bounced from a game though because of it.

pnbronco
08-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Yep, ive been talking about this the last year or so. Everyone kept blaming the line but this is proof in the pudding folks. Moreno has talent but isnt utilizing the holes that are there for him.

Good to hear, comes along with his rep. Hopefully he wont get bounced from a game though because of it.

I remember, I think I was hoping that Moreno just had bad blocking. Like I said in today's post I hope that McGahee will help Moreno see that just run for the hole and stop dancing. Plus light a fire under him.

pnbronco
08-09-2011, 06:14 PM

I feel the same way Tned. I don't think they will ever be BFF's but it would be nice to know it's not a added distraction in a already difficult year.