PDA

View Full Version : Tebow lands at No. 2 on Broncos depth chart

T.K.O.
08-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Tebow lands at No. 2 on Broncos depth chart
Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT

APThe good news for Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow is that he has beaten out Brady Quinn. The bad news? Kyle Orton apparently isn’t going anywhere.

The Broncos have released their initial depth chart of the 2011 season. Per the Denver Post, Tebow appears as the No. 2 quarterback, behind Orton and ahead of Quinn. (Presumably, Tebow responded by telling coach John Fox, “‘ppreciate that.”)

It was believed that the Broncos would trade Orton, and that Tebow and Quinn would battle it out for the starting job. Some believed that Tebow would win the job.

Including Tebow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/08/tebow-lands-at-no-2-on-broncos-depth-chart/

does'nt mean much at this point and may just be an excuse by the FO to get a better look at Tebow against dallas...but, i really hope Fox at least plans to keep him at the ready to "punch it in" or confuse opposing D's:salute:

Buff
08-08-2011, 08:09 PM
TKO - bringing you breaking news 12 hours late since April 2009.

T.K.O.
08-08-2011, 08:12 PM
did you here about McDaniels getting fired as head coach ?....crazy:confused:

Clipworthy
08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
people make a big deal about this, Tebow needs the playing time during the preseason it's good that he isn't "#1" right now

...and Orton will prove how boring and unsuccessful he is when the games start

Dzone
08-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Lot of people have been saying Quinn has been the best QB so far this PS:confused:
I guess it doesnt matter at this point. Its still a month until week 1...
As much as I like Tebow, I dont care who is QB as long as we win...I hate losing...it feels like shit

socalthunder
08-08-2011, 09:03 PM
If the endzone was on the 20 yd line, we would be so freaking good.

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Yep, 2nd between the 20's, 1st on 3rd and short or in the redzone.

FanInAZ
08-09-2011, 06:04 AM
TKO - bringing you breaking news 12 hours late since April 2009.

Actually, Tebow had been penciled in as 2nd string and there was some talk that Quinn could overtake him for that. The breaking news part of this article is that Tebow’s 2nd string depth spot is now set in stone for at least the 1st preseason game.

Northman
08-09-2011, 08:59 AM
From what im understanding the depth chart is just for the first preseason game. Perhaps the coaches are just trying to see what the lower guys (at least a few of them) have in them first.

champbronc2
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, pre-season depth chart means little to nothing.

The depth chart during pre season is used in many ways as a psychological factor towards players. By the Coach ranking players below where they expect to be at, it gives them motivation.

Which is why even if Tebow was slotted at #3, I wouldn't assume he is automatically 3rd string material.

The only thing this chart tells us is who we will see the least of during our pre season game.

BroncoNut
08-09-2011, 03:06 PM
this is excellent news.