PDA

View Full Version : This game is huge.

Superchop 7
11-21-2008, 12:41 AM
:dancing:
We win this one, the division will be ours.

This is it.

Bring the A game.:dancing:

Shazam!
11-21-2008, 02:04 AM
I am optimistic now, but not convinced. They better beat the Raiders ass.

Every game counts. I hope the NY Bretts beat Tennessee on Sunday, so Denver may have a better chance of winning in Jersey.

Magnificent Seven
11-21-2008, 02:25 AM
I disagreed with you, Shazam.

We need Jets to lose. Forget Titans because they clinched the playoff spot and possibly to have first round bye. If Jets lose and Broncos win, then Broncos will advanced to seed # 2 or 3. Depends on Steelers' record.

Lonestar
11-21-2008, 03:11 AM
this is the classic donkey trap game..

we coming off a huge win we should not have had last week..
we have a huge game next week against a top team
we beat them like rented mules in their building.
they have a pretty damned good defense..
just the kind of game that Jay can toss a couple three picks
our defense can make fourth string QB look like all pros..
but their offense stinks..
yep a huge game for us and another throw away for davis and company

Classic trap game..

PatricktheDookie
11-21-2008, 03:30 AM
I think we just hit a crazy funk in the middle of the season (losses with fumbles and weird penalties stopping all our momentum, plus injuries). I think we're on a little bit of a roll now, and the Raiders will be our first comfortable win since... well, since we beat the Raiders.

dekers
11-21-2008, 04:36 AM
Man i am looking forward to us beating them good . Am going to this game

Nomad
11-21-2008, 05:07 AM

Classic trap game..

Though i hope the BRONCOS kick the crap out of the Raiders, I was thinking the same thing JR! These are the games the BRONCOS usually choke on and go into a end of season tail spin of 3 or 4 loses in a row. But I will remain optimistic and believe the BRONCOS win!!!

Retired_Member_001
11-21-2008, 07:03 AM

Classic trap game..

Sometimes Jr, I think you are very negative and pessimistic.

However, your post here makes so much sense.

Den21vsBal19
11-21-2008, 07:15 AM

Classic trap game..
Orange jerseys in the snow? :eek:

Hopefully we'll kick seven shades of snot out them, but I remember that snow game, not too mention Rich Gannon setting completion records all over our D a few years back............

SmilinAssasSin27
11-21-2008, 07:32 AM
:dancing:
We win this one, the division will be ours.

This is it.

Bring the A game.:dancing:

Thanx Jinxy McJinxalot.

tomjonesrocks
11-21-2008, 08:19 AM
No Chiefs-sized let down. Please. For the love of God please!

broncofaninfla
11-21-2008, 08:34 AM
At this point they are all huge games especially when we are playing an AFC opponent. Hopefully we will continue our momentum and steam roll over the Faiders.

Zweems56
11-21-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm so tempted to burn through my savings and get good tickets to the Broncos jets game being that I live in jersey.... but last time I saw them play was at the giants a few years back. It was horrible. I'd almost rather save the money and watch it on tv.

MileHighWrath
11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
The chefs loss was the trap game. With that game in mind I imagine they will go out and beat those raiders like a rented mule that can't keep a head coach.

Bring on the silver and bleh, it's time to kick some ass!

LRtagger
11-21-2008, 10:27 AM
I am tempted to call this a trap game, but there is no way Mike does not have this team prepared for the Raiders. No way in hell.

The thing about this game that is different from the Chefs game is Mike never overlooks the Raiders. No matter how terrible they are and/or how good we are, Mikey always loves to kick the crap out of them. I dont see this game being any different...especially at home.

Northman
11-21-2008, 10:29 AM
I am optimistic now, but not convinced. They better beat the Raiders ass.

Every game counts. I hope the NY Bretts beat Tennessee on Sunday, so Denver may have a better chance of winning in Jersey.

Yea, i wont buy that if we beat the Raiders the division is ours. Too many games left but you are correct that every game counts for Denver and they better take every game seriously. This reeks of KC all over again as this is a team we SHOULD beat. But we know how the story goes sometimes.

Mike
11-21-2008, 10:36 AM
If Denver can't beat the Raiders then they don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

pnbronco
11-21-2008, 10:56 AM
When ever I hear they should have no trouble I just cringe. I hope they learned their lesson with KC, but it is a trap game. So come on guys play like you want to be the Division Leader!

broncofaninfla
11-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm actually watching this game with two Raider fans at a local sportsbar. Our bet last game was they buy me a beer when Denver scored and vise versa with the Raiders.....I was feeling no pain at the end of the game!! Same bet this time around, here's to me having a hangover on Monday morning and a Bronco blowout! LOL! :beer::salute::beer:

Medford Bronco
11-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Yea, i wont buy that if we beat the Raiders the division is ours. Too many games left but you are correct that every game counts for Denver and they better take every game seriously. This reeks of KC all over again as this is a team we SHOULD beat. But we know how the story goes sometimes.

The good thing about this is this game is in Denver
and the KC game was at KC

Huge difference IMO. Also KC even though they only have 1 win has
played a lot more consistent in their games versus the Raiders
who basically have been putrid the last 4 games and out of Oak
even worse.

concerned but hope that this team has learned from their mistakes
of the past

Lonestar
11-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I am tempted to call this a trap game, but there is no way Mike does not have this team prepared for the Raiders. No way in hell.

The thing about this game that is different from the Chefs game is Mike never overlooks the Raiders. No matter how terrible they are and/or how good we are, Mikey always loves to kick the crap out of them. I dont see this game being any different...especially at home.

But they have indeed beat us IN DEN after being ahead in the game..
You have to remember that al davis hates mikey just as bad.. I suspect their team remembers not only that first game this year, but that Den has owned them the past few years..

They have just as much incentive as mikey does..

LRtagger
11-21-2008, 11:39 AM
But they have indeed beat us IN DEN after being ahead in the game..
You have to remember that al davis hates mikey just as bad.. I suspect their team remembers not only that first game this year, but that Den has owned them the past few years..

They have just as much incentive as mikey does..

True, but I will take a Shanny prepared team any day over a Cable+Davis prepared team.

If we lose, I am prepared to put the loss soley on Mike not having the troops ready. There is no excuse for us losing to a Tom Cable-led Oakland Raiders team at home.

Lonestar
11-21-2008, 11:44 AM
True, but I will take a Shanny prepared team any day over a Cable+Davis prepared team.

If we lose, I am prepared to put the loss soley on Mike not having the troops ready. There is no excuse for us losing to a Tom Cable-led Oakland Raiders team at home.

Your correct here there is not reason to lose to this team but we have seen a lot of these type losses in the past..

ON any given Sunday anyone can win..

BroncoWave
11-21-2008, 12:04 PM

My thoughts exactly. If Mike Shanahan loses to Tom Cable, that is completely unacceptable and inexcusable.

broncofaninfla
11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
My thoughts exactly. If Mike Shanahan loses to Tom Cable, that is completely unacceptable and inexcusable.

We are a young team and we have had problems with inconsistancy but I feel like we have turned the corner and are gaining some momentum. Plus I don't see Shanny ever letting up on the Raiders!

Day1BroncoFan
11-21-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll count this as a win when I see the final score with us leading.

Kaylore
11-21-2008, 05:12 PM
We win four games and mathematically the Chargers are done. Until we have won the division absolutely I'm not celebrating anything. I would love to see us finish the season strong. We usually fade at season's end and the recent trend has us getting better each week. This game is at home. Hopefully we can handle it.

gobroncsnv
11-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Orange jerseys in the snow? :eek:

Hopefully we'll kick seven shades of snot out them, but I remember that snow game, not too mention Rich Gannon setting completion records all over our D a few years back............

Yeah, I seem to remember that he did that in spite of our great pass rush... hmmmmmmm, something sounds really familiar here...

Hope the kids are listening, because we don't need to get caught up in any more trap games this year. If this is a roll we're on, we'd better STAY on it.

Lonestar
11-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I agree with everything but saying last weeks win was undeserved. We played well, no INT's and no real gifts from the refs. We earned that win. If we play the fade like we played the Falcons, we win. And just as deservingly so.

guess you misunderstood .. I;m not saying we did not deserve to win other than of course they pretty much moved at will most of the game they owned the TOP and we played poorly in the first half..

We were supposed to lose this game only but even a few die hards thought we could win this one.. that is what I meant by

"we coming off a huge win we should not have had last week"..

this is a classic letdown type of thing.. play great and win one your not supposed to win but sneak one in.. only to come back the next week and be looking past this gimmie game to the following week....

sorry if I did not make myself clear..

nevcraw
11-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I am looking for new rinkles on offense this week.. I will be glad to see more rock pounding by Hillis who's got be getting comfortable now and will only get better. I bet they throw it to him a as well. A 250 pound ballerina. I also like or new look D against the their running game. We have the speed to stop their backs and should be able to put a little pressure on baby Daunte.

MasterShake
11-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I am looking for new rinkles on offense this week.. I will be glad to see more rock pounding by Hillis who's got be getting comfortable now and will only get better. I bet they throw it to him a as well. A 250 pound ballerina. I also like or new look D against the their running game. We have the speed to stop their backs and should be able to put a little pressure on baby Daunte.

I was thinking about our improved D in last weeks game. With so many starters being rookies or second string, they had to have dumbed it down a bit. Could it be a simple "plug the gap and don't over-persue" type defense is just what we need right now? Its like last year after the BYE when we beat Pittsburgh with a simplified Defensive Scheme. Maybe they were trying to get too fancy with the 3-4 hybrid crap.

Superchop 7
11-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Maybe they should play the corners within 100 yards of the Wr.

Lonestar
11-23-2008, 05:36 PM

Classic trap game..

bump

MOtorboat
11-23-2008, 05:38 PM
bump

Not sure I've ever met someone who hates their own team as much as you.