PDA

View Full Version : New season TV

Kapaibro
08-08-2011, 03:44 AM
So peeps, what programmes new out over the season are you hooked into?

I've been watching Alphas, Body of Proof, Franklin & Bash, Switched at Birth, Nine Lives of Chloe King, The Killing, Necessary Roughness, Combat Hospital, and Suits.

Really like The Killing, Necessary Roughness, Alphas, Franklin & Bash, Combat Hospital, and Suits.

Tned
08-08-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm watching you're "really like" list, except for "The Killing" which I have not seen.

I really like Bash and Suits.

MileHighCrew
08-08-2011, 07:04 AM
I don't know what is coming out but Combat Hospital is really good so far

MasterShake
08-08-2011, 07:19 AM
I cut out cable 3 years ago but still manage to catch up on these because I am addicted to them:

1. Dexter - Hands down my favorite show right now
2. Breaking Bad - Incredible show that just recently begun its 4th season
3. Cartoons: Bob's Burgers, Futurama, American Dad, South Park - All of these animated shows have had great runs last season. Can't wait for them to come back in the Fall
4. Mythbusters - Still going strong after almost 9 seasons.
5. Game of Thrones - Just getting into this now, but it is fantastic so far.
6. Weeds - Slowly coming around to this one, but the new season is good.
7. The Killing - Best crime drama since The Wire

By the way if you are wondering where to watch these just Google Project Free TV.

Thnikkaman
08-08-2011, 08:22 AM
I love Bobs Burgers, to me, its a pretty smart comedy. I also caught the first episode of the American version of Wilfred and thought it was good as well. I need to dvr them and catch up.

I'm hoping a Sitcom that fox started in the spring called Traffic Light gets renewed, and I'm looking forward to the new season of "The League"

atwater27
08-08-2011, 08:30 AM
anything but glee..

Dzone
08-08-2011, 08:32 AM
watched Same Name on cbs last night. Had Mike Tyson on and he switched places with a male nurse in michigan named mike tyson. It was really great. I was super impressed with the boxer tyson. He really seems to have gotten his life straightened out and is a total family man and father. The accidental death of his 4 year old daughter definitely affected him...The nurse was working in a low income medical facility and the boxer paid to have the waiting room upgraded and remodeled because he said those patients deserve to go to a nice place with some dignity. It was really cool.

lgenf
08-08-2011, 08:45 AM
really enjoyed Franklin and Bash and the new sci fi one Falling Skies

looking forward to the returns of:

return of Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy

Sparkie
08-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Having lived in the Welsh city where Torchwood was originally based and filmed, it's really strange having to wait to watch the latest ep of the new transatlantic season of Torchwood AFTER it's aired in the US. This season has been uncharacteristically slow and full of filler so far ..but i hear that the plot and pace are due to ratchet up several notches during Episode 5. (No spoilers please!!)

Talking of "spoilers!" ..the second half of the split Season 6 of Doctor Who is due to kick off at the end of August. Needed that 3 months off to catch breath after a gigantic cliffhanger/reveal in Episode 7! The first 2 eps of Dr Who Season 6 made no sense first time round - but oh boy has the head writer got the DVD/iPlayer market cornered: those previous episodes make a heck of a lot more enjoyable rewatching in the light of the midseason reveal! ..yes, on reviewing, the reveal was well telegraphed in the script - but i completely missed the clues first time round!

Tned
08-09-2011, 10:35 PM
yea, we really got into Falling Skies. Sucks it's not going to be back on for almost a year.

I never watched doctor who or Torchwood, my wife has. However, I did start watching this new Torchwood Miracle day and it's pretty good.

Sparkie
08-11-2011, 09:47 PM
yea, we really got into Falling Skies. Sucks it's not going to be back on for almost a year.

I never watched doctor who or Torchwood, my wife has. However, I did start watching this new Torchwood Miracle day and it's pretty good.

Saw Ep 5 of Torchwood tonight.. gruesome ending. Had to avert eyes and i HATE it when a character i'm beginning to like gets shunted out.

From previous series i know that Torchwood doesn't shy away from difficult scenarios.. but in this season i just hope the gruesomeness has a point!!

Tonight's viewing wasn't very conducive to a night's sleep.. oh well, still awake in time for Broncos preseason game :madgrin:

Kapaibro
08-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Falling Skies is good, keen to see what they do with it.
The Killing. Just fricking amazeballs! So dark, no techy CSI, just cop grind.
Harvey Spectre is a god!

Tned
08-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Saw Ep 5 of Torchwood tonight.. gruesome ending. Had to avert eyes and i HATE it when a character i'm beginning to like gets shunted out.

From previous series i know that Torchwood doesn't shy away from difficult scenarios.. but in this season i just hope the gruesomeness has a point!!

Tonight's viewing wasn't very conducive to a night's sleep.. oh well, still awake in time for Broncos preseason game :madgrin:

Yea, that surprised me. I was not expecting that. Kind of liked that character.

Sparkie
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
The second half of this season of Dr Who starts on Sat 27th August: 7.10pm BST on BBC1, 9ET on BBC America and on Space at 8ET. (I'll be away at a music festival that weekend.. waah!! but looking forward to seeing the episode afterwards.)

There's a 2-minute "prequel" to Episode 8 online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRqG64hDs4s

Ian Wylie has posted a (spoiler-free) transcript of an interesting Q&A session with Dr Who writer Steven Moffat and two of the series actors, about the upcoming episodes: http://lifeofwylie.com/2011/08/16/doctor-who-lets-kill-hitler-bfi/

BroncoNut
08-17-2011, 10:35 AM
my sister turned me onto Breaking Bad. does it continue to be good? I tend to get into things after they've run their course. I wear bell bottoms for example. I was at Circuit city looking at tv series and noticed Rome and Dexter. I've heard a bit about Dexter from this site and it seems someone said that Rome was pretty good. Thinking about getting into a tv series soon. My sister also got me several seasons of Arrested Development for my bday which I have not seen yet. I saw an episode or 2 but that's about it. Kap, many of the series you mention I have not heard about yet.

sneakers
08-21-2011, 05:40 AM
When does the new season of Metalocalypse come out?

Tned
08-21-2011, 08:32 AM
my sister turned me onto Breaking Bad. does it continue to be good? I tend to get into things after they've run their course. I wear bell bottoms for example. I was at Circuit city looking at tv series and noticed Rome and Dexter. I've heard a bit about Dexter from this site and it seems someone said that Rome was pretty good. Thinking about getting into a tv series soon. My sister also got me several seasons of Arrested Development for my bday which I have not seen yet. I saw an episode or 2 but that's about it. Kap, many of the series you mention I have not heard about yet.

Rome was real good, but only two seasons before it was cancelled -- I think mostly due to how expensive it was to make.

I didn't think I would like Dexter, so never watched it. I think it was season three or four I heard a few people talking at work about it, including someone I didn't think would like that kind of show, and decided to give it a try. It is a GREAT show. I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Another great series out there that's int he vein of Rome, is Spartacus on Starz. Be warned, you will have to be ok with violence and fairly gratuitous sex, but if those two things don't bother you, check out Spartacus.

chazoe60
08-21-2011, 09:27 AM
The only new show I'm into is Wilfred. It's effing hilaruous.

I can't wait til Sept 15 for an all new season of the greatest show in TV history It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

MasterShake
08-21-2011, 09:12 PM

Never saw Rome, but Dexter is EASILY one of my top 5 shows of the last decade. The season with John Lithgow was especially good, that dude plays a serial killer a little too well. Dexter is a good mix of drama, tension, and dark comedy. If you aren't hooked after the first season ( I watched seasons 1-3 in the span of a week after watching the first few episodes) then I would say just skip it.

Breaking bad just started up again recently and is another can't miss show for me. You can catch up online here on Breaking Bad: http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/breaking_bad/

And if you want to check out Dexter, that site has all the seasons or if you have Netflix I think seasons 1-3 are free streaming.

Tned
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Never saw Rome, but Dexter is EASILY one of my top 5 shows of the last decade. The season with John Lithgow was especially good, that dude plays a serial killer a little too well. Dexter is a good mix of drama, tension, and dark comedy. If you aren't hooked after the first season ( I watched seasons 1-3 in the span of a week after watching the first few episodes) then I would say just skip it.

Breaking bad just started up again recently and is another can't miss show for me. You can catch up online here on Breaking Bad: http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/breaking_bad/

And if you want to check out Dexter, that site has all the seasons or if you have Netflix I think seasons 1-3 are free streaming.

We really didn't think we would like it, but we were hooked within the first couple episodes.

MasterShake
08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
We really didn't think we would like it, but we were hooked within the first couple episodes.

Me either. The premise just seemed so strange, but it really is a neat case study on the gray area of morality, vengeance, and justice.

Kapaibro
09-19-2011, 02:31 AM
T.O! On Necessary Roughness!

As Maurice 'The Minefield'!!!!

Tned
09-19-2011, 07:37 AM
t.o! On necessary roughness!

As maurice 'the minefield'!!!!

b - o - o - m!!!

MasterShake
09-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Dexter is coming back October 2nd. Can. Not. Wait!