PDA

View Full Version : Stop the booing

Pages : [1] 2

MOtorboat
08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Stop the booing. That is all. I don't care what player its for.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I might have been critical in the last two weeks of Tebow, but booing him? Booing Orton constantly?

Denver fans are better than that. Or should be.

broncoFan!
08-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I might have been critical in the last two weeks of Tebow, but booing him? Booing Orton constantly?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

J/k but ironically I was going to post something like that on my Facebook page.

Northman
08-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Fans pay a lot of money to support those players. When they arent satisfied they are going to let them know about it. Its not how i act when watching my team but im not going to tell others they cant express themselves. They have that right.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2011, 10:08 PM

I totally agree with this :salute:

Lonestar
No class fans.

If you want to say something to management pick up the phone, write a letter.

But booing your team or
Player no class.

MOtorboat
Fans pay a lot of money to support those players. When they arent satisfied they are going to let them know about it. Its not how i act when watching my team but im not going to tell others they cant express themselves. They have that right.

That "right" is classless.

Lonestar
Makes other players really want to come here.

Northman
08-06-2011, 10:09 PM
That "right" is classless.

All a matter of opinion.

Northman
08-06-2011, 10:10 PM

Happens to every team. Ive been to 8 Ravens games and they still get players booed even with their success. Denver is not alone when it comes to disgruntled fans.

lgenf
08-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Why they should get use to it

it's not like Orton isn't going to hear it at mile high

Many of the fans want TT at QB and liked what they saw from the team
At the end of last season and they spent their money to be there

We r going thru the same thing here in Miami
Only difference is after the boos the fans here are starting the chant we want Orton which is ironic considering Orton is getting boooos in Denver so think how stupid the Miami fans are, they are cheering for a guy that is getting boo'd in his own town and that is the better option than henne

sneakers
08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I boo the 8 year old kid guest announcers at Miller Park who read off the players names as they come at bat for an inning.

Buff
08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I rarely boo my own team, but I will occasionally.

For instance, when McD runs a draw on 3rd and 20 when you're down by 4 touchdowns... That deserves a harsh and loud booing. When Nate Webster pops up and dances after giving up an 11 yard run, that deserves a boo. When your team gets stuffed on the goalline in week 13 after having failed during short yardarge situations all year - they deserved to be booed.

So, I won't categorically rule out booing my own team and say it's classless. My problem is dumb fans who boo at the wrong times or don't even really know what they're booing.

Buff
08-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I boo the 8 year old kid guest announcers at Miller Park who read off the players names as they come at bat for an inning.

For a little while they were having a little kid (probably 8 or 9) introduce the Nuggets during pregame warmups - I always thought "OK, I'm sure this is very cute for this kid's parents, but someone get this no-talent ass clown off my TV."

EMB6903
08-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Booing is for suckers.

Is giving negative support suppose to help the team/player in any way possible?

Its pointless and very classless.

Northman
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM

For instance, when McD runs a draw on 3rd and 20 when you're down by 4 touchdowns... That deserves a harsh and loud booing. When Nate Webster pops up and dances after giving up an 11 yard run, that deserves a boo. When your team gets stuffed on the goalline in week 13 after having failed during short yardarge situations all year - they deserved to be booed.

So, I won't categorically rule out booing my own team and say it's classless. My problem is dumb fans who boo at the wrong times or don't even really know what they're booing.

Great points.

As i watched the the HOF tonight and Shannon went up there he talked about playing for Denver and then Baltimore. As he mentioned Baltimore some people started booing. That too me is classless because its not about the Ravens, its about Shannon and his moment being inducted. Its not about a player or coach blowing ass on the field or quiting during a game. As you said Buff, there is a time and a place for it but fans reserve that right regardless.

Watching the Broncos give up in a game vs SD a few years ago when we got our asses kicked was disgusting. And although i wasnt booing i have zero problem with fans who dont accept that from the team they are there to support.

MOtorboat
08-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Buff and Sneakers make me laugh.

I Eat Staples
08-06-2011, 10:25 PM

This is how I feel. I think making the statement that all booing is classless is just projecting a personal opinion on everyone else. I have no problem with booing at certain times, I don't think it makes a person classless. As long as the fans are intelligent enough to know why they're booing and have a good reason for it, it doesn't bother me.

I also disagree with the poster who said it makes players not want to come here. Philadelphia doesn't seem to be having trouble signing players, and their fans don't exactly have the best reputation.

Tned
08-06-2011, 10:34 PM

I agree with both of your sentiments. You were over-critical of Tebow and no Broncos fan should be booing any Broncos players.

atwater27
08-06-2011, 10:38 PM
A large percentage of sports fans in every city are classless. I have virtually no interest in hockey, but I watched the last period of the Stanley Cup. The Vancouver fans made me sick to my stomach the way they acted as the Bruins were celebrating. Not to mention what they did to their own city afterwards. The general public are a bunch of ******* assclowns, and in my opinion aren't worth the air they breathe.

chazoe60
08-06-2011, 10:39 PM
This stems from a play that Orton probably should have been booed on. Sorry but if he hookslides on 4th and goal (this is the situation as I understand it) during a game I was at I think I would boo. And I've been to upwards of twenty home games and don't think I have ever booed the Broncos.

If Orton doesn't understand that that type of play is the perfect example of why he's taking flack right now then he needs to be reminded.

The only thing I would ever boo is lack of effort because I think that is booable (is booable a word?). And a hookslide in a practice in which QBs were not allowed to be touched is a lack of effort.

I say this admittedly without the full story because I was not there, so I can only comment on what I've read.

MOtorboat
08-06-2011, 10:39 PM

I agree with both of your sentiments. You were over-critical of Tebow and no Broncos fan should be booing any Broncos players.

I don't think I've been overly critical, but that's not the point of this thread. The point is, he should not be boo'd at a FREE fan night scrimmage, even though I'm starting to see the pick as a waste, and I wish he'd be at least competing for the No. 1.

MOtorboat
08-06-2011, 10:43 PM
This stems from a play that Orton probably should have been booed on. Sorry but if he hookslides on 4th and goal (this is the situation as I understand it) during a game I was at I think I would boo. And I've been to upwards of twenty home games and don't think I have ever booed the Broncos.

If Orton doesn't understand that that type of play is the perfect example of why he's taking flack right now then he needs to be reminded.

The only thing I would ever boo is lack of effort because I think that is booable (is booable a word?). And a hookslide in a practice in which QBs were not allowed to be touched is a lack of effort.

I say this admittedly without the full story because I was not there, so I can only comment on what I've read.

Meh, it was a scrimmage. If someone can actually show me where Orton hook slid a yard from the markers in a real game, then I'd be concerned. Even the most critical of us in Orton's play will admit that that's never actually happened. Because it hasn't.

Northman
08-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Thats the thing that im confused about. Gem said that the QB's were off limits in terms of hitting. Why the **** would he slide? lmao

atwater27
08-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Thats the thing that im confused about. Gem said that the QB's were off limits in terms of hitting. Why the **** would he slide? lmao

force of habit.

MOtorboat
08-06-2011, 10:46 PM

Because its a scrimmage, and he's probably instructed to do so. SMH

Tned
08-06-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't think I've been overly critical, but that's not the point of this thread. The point is, he should not be boo'd at a FREE fan night scrimmage, even though I'm starting to see the pick as a waste, and I wish he'd be at least competing for the No. 1.

My bad, I thought you were acknowledging you were over the top in your criticism and faulty comparisons.

That mistake on my part out of the way, I agree. Orton shouldn't be boo'd. Tebow shouldn't be boo'd. Broncos fans shouldn't be booing any Broncos players.

chazoe60
08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Meh, it was a scrimmage. If someone can actually show me where Orton hook slid a yard from the markers in a real game, then I'd be concerned. Even the most critical of us in Orton's play will admit that that's never actually happened. Because it hasn't.

He did drop to the fetal position without being touched on a third down close to midfield in the SF game. That was booable IMHO, I know I was booing at my TV.

But I digress this isn't about Orton it's about "to boo or not to boo" and I'll just stick with my opinion that booing lack of effort is acceptable. I would never boo a guy for a mistake or just lack of talent, Hell I don't if I'd actually boo for lack of effort as I've never done it before, but I wouldn't begrudge someone else if they did.

dogfish
08-06-2011, 10:49 PM
good point, MO. . .

the organization should trot ellis and xanders out there and let the fans boo those clowns instead-- no reason to take it out on norton. . .

Northman
08-06-2011, 10:49 PM
My bad, I thought you were acknowledging you were over the top in your criticism and faulty comparisons.

That mistake on my part out of the way, I agree. Orton shouldn't be boo'd. Tebow shouldn't be boo'd. Broncos fans shouldn't be booing any Broncos players.

Booooooo

MOtorboat
08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
good point, MO. . .

the organization should trot ellis and xanders out there and let the fans boo those clowns instead-- no reason to take it out on norton. . .

Now THIS might be something I can get behind.

Dzone
08-06-2011, 11:12 PM
The scrimmage was free but the jerseys those fans were wearing were hella expensive.

Watchthemiddle
08-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Players and fans asking other fans to stop the booing.

Just another example of the "kindler-gentler" NFL we are now seeing.

Elway got booed
Denver fans are not alone in their booing. It happens everywhere. The Broncos are not the only team in town that gets booed. Runners left in scoring position for a Rockies game and the batter strikes out, they get booed. I don't consider it classless...I call it passion. Bronco fans are passionate about their team. I do agree that there is a time and place for it during a game.

As far as Orton being booed, I didn't hear it when he came on or off the field, just when he slid at the 3 yard line on 3rd down.

And just like Orton got booed, Tebow got booed when he bounce passed the ball on a swing route to the RB coming out of the backfield and he also got booed when he floated one over the TE head on a rollout. It was almost like a counter to the cheers he got when he entered the field. He got a loud cheer from the majority of the fans and then the anti-Tebow croud needed to boo him on those two plays.

Players need to stop crying about being booed and use it as motivation to WANT to improve their play rather than update their twitter account.

Dzone
08-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Good idea. Too bad Rockies fans dont get to Boo O'Doody and the Monforts...I would join in on that one

MOtorboat
08-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Boy, booing the team you root for for every little thing at a free scrimmage when they are playing themselves sure shows me passion....:rollseyes:

I Eat Staples
08-06-2011, 11:27 PM

That's just hilarious. Considering that its a scrimmage and he can't even be hit, I'd be laughing too hard to boo. I'm going to hope he just saw a big guy coming his way and had a brain fart.

And it shouldn't be a force of habit. Force of habit should be the opposite of this. If its a force of habit to slide on 4th and goal, then something is seriously wrong with your habits.

nevcraw
08-06-2011, 11:27 PM
I boo any and all Fans that like to tell other fans how to be fans.. reguardless of level of class or station.

Watchthemiddle
08-06-2011, 11:28 PM
RT @1_900_ayersjr Really wish fans stopped boing Orton... He is our qb and our coach thinks he gives us the best chance of winning... Fans please respect that

I guess he didn't care to listen to the boo's for Tebow also.

Orton got booed for two reasons....
1. The majority of the fans in the stands want to see Tebow
2. It was the same ol Orton. Move the ball to the redzone and come away with two field goals. Not only is that the same ol Orton, it was against the second stringers and he was not running for his life on every snap like Tebow

Once again, I guess we are leaning towards a more kindler-gentler NFL. NO booing, two a days, pads in practice, etc. anymore. Pretty soon, players are going to be playing football against each other through their twitter accounts from their couches.

Dzone
08-06-2011, 11:33 PM
RT @1_900_ayersjr Really wish fans stopped boing Orton... He is our qb and our coach thinks he gives us the best chance of winning... Fans please respect that

Ayers obviously needs to pay a helluva lot more attention to doing the job he is being paid a ridiculous amount of money to do, rather than whining on twitter

broncobryce
08-06-2011, 11:43 PM

I guess he didn't care to listen to the boo's for Tebow also.

Orton got booed for two reasons....
1. The majority of the fans in the stands want to see Tebow
2. It was the same ol Orton. Move the ball to the redzone and come away with two field goals. Not only is that the same ol Orton, it was against the second stringers and he was not running for his life on every snap like Tebow

Once again, I guess we are leaning towards a more kindler-gentler NFL. NO booing, two a days, pads in practice, etc. anymore. Pretty soon, players are going to be playing football against each other through their twitter accounts from their couches.

I hear there's a tampon machine in the locker room.

Magnificent Seven
08-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I think Tebow had a bad week. Perhaps, Tebow will be much better on this week. I think everyone is rusty.

I still believe in Tebow. He is a dangerous man on the red zone.

Dzone
08-07-2011, 12:54 AM
BTW, the booing of the Ravens and Art Modell at the HOF ceremony was 100% justified. Remember this is Ohio and No city has ever been so screwed as Cleveland when Modell took the Browns to Baltimore and left Cleveland with no football team. Yes, if you say the name Art Modell in the state of Ohio, expect to hear some boos.

dogfish
08-07-2011, 01:13 AM
if you say the name Art Modell in the state of Ohio, expect to hear some boos.

and possibly some gunfire. . .

GEM
08-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Quite honestly, Orton did not just get boo'd coming out the have in favor of Tebow. the time i heard him get boo'd was when he did that slide instead of just going for it. people were saying if he wont do it when there is no chance for injury, there is no way he will do it with a game on the line. some shouted where is your heart Orton. The fans boo'd mistakes. did not matter the player. After the last few seasons, i cant blame then.

sneakers
08-07-2011, 01:44 AM

Like this:

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/72070/77585468.jpg

Also
Nate Webster was accused of raping the 15 year old daughter of his coach in Cinncinnati

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/21/nate-webster-former-denve_n_906264.html

BroncoTech
08-07-2011, 01:50 AM
It's our duty as fans to provide instant feedback on the level of play. To say 'no booing' seems to me you're creating a culture that any level of play is acceptable. This team was built on the boo's from fans in the South stands of old mile high. Now they have a 'wine and cheese' crowd at Invesco, and I ask you, how has that been working out?

DenBronx
08-07-2011, 02:19 AM
It's our duty as fans to provide instant feedback on the level of play. To say 'no booing' seems to me you're creating a culture that any level of play is acceptable. This team was built on the boo's from fans in the South stands of old mile high. Now they have a 'wine and cheese' crowd at Invesco, and I ask you, how has that been working out?

I agree. They modern day Bronco fans are soft.

I say more booing and louder cheering!

BroncoStud
08-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Fans have the right to boo whatever the hell they want. They pay the salaries, they sit through the games... I was a Broncos fan a lot longer than ANY of the current Broncos have been on the roster, and there are thousands of fans who have been cheering for the Broncos a lot longer than I have...

The fans can boo or cheer whatever the hell they like.

Dzone
08-07-2011, 02:38 AM

Oh man, that was a good post.
Honestly, there is a therapeutic element to going to a game and having the go ahead to scream your head off. That Primal screaming thing. It releases pent up stress. The Stadium is really the only place such behavior is socially acceptable. If you screamed and booed like that any where else, you would get arrested for disturbing the peace. Plus, you get this feeling of connectedness with another 75,000 people who are booing and screaming right along with you. Thats something I have observed when going to games at mile high or pepsi center...You get to yell and cheer and boo and holler with a bunch of other people and it feels good...LOL...There really is a crowd phenomenon, and it is why people like to go to the stadium to watch a game. Perhaps unconsciously.
The more of this thread I read, the more I think boooing should not be curtailed. Those fans in that stadium need an outlet and they have a lot more stress in their lives than any of those Millionaires they are paying to see. Toast your $12 beer and commence booing. :beer:

Lancane
08-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Being booed comes with the territory...next you know someone will be saying not to boo your teams' rivals and opponents because it's classless...but I completely disagree. For example, I was a Cutler fan, and there were those that booed him, some of them are very huge supporters of Orton, and I'm sure some of them are the same ones saying that booing is classless, of course hypocrisy is a common thread in the human psyche.

I would love to see some of these fans on here to go to a rugby or football match in the U.K., or anywhere in Europe really, they not only boo, jeer and holler, they get down right hostel, even to the point of bludgeoning one another before, during or even after a game. Hell, tell someone in New York or Boston not to boo or that is classless, them's fighting words! As long as we're not pissing in snow cones and launching them at the players, throwing cans or what have you then I'm fine with it...if we start to allowing the sport to make us physically violent, then and only then is it truly classless.

claymore
08-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Good teams dont get booed by their fans. They need to earn the respect back.

Timmy!
08-07-2011, 04:08 AM
Personally, I'm not much of a booer. I will be in certain situations like Buff mentioned just out of frustration and pure disgust with playcalling. I won't boo a specific player as long as he wears a Bronco jersey I will support him. That said, I think people have the right to boo, just wish they were smarter about it. Clay raises a good point. This organization has a lot of ground to make up for the damage that has been done. Let's hope they get it done and we as fans can forget all about booing. Go Broncos.

dogfish
08-07-2011, 04:08 AM
the way they played last year, they should be happy people still show up to boo. . .

:D

seriously, i've never booed a team i root for, but i would have booed myself hoarse and then left at halftime if i'd been at that shameful oakland debacle last year. . . anyone who thinks they shouldn't have been booed that day is just being self-righteous, even if you choose not to do it yourself. . .

bowlen better hope they don't suck it up as bad this year. . . if the team's out of it before halloween, i have a feeling he might see more empty seats than he ever has. . . and even joe ellis can't like that, unless he's trying to wreck the team so he can front a group to buy it on the cheap. . .

:tinfoilhat:

dogfish
08-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Personally, I'm not much of a booer. I will be in certain situations like Buff mentioned just out of frustration and pure disgust with playcalling. I won't boo a specific player as long as he wears a Bronco jersey I will support him. That said, I think people have the right to boo, just wish they were smarter about it. Clay raises a good point. This organization has a lot of ground to make up for the damage that has been done. Let's hope they get it done and we as fans can forget all about booing. Go Broncos.

"They weren't saying boo! They were saying "Booo-urns."

sneakers
08-07-2011, 05:39 AM
"They weren't saying boo! They were saying "Booo-urns."

up4LTKxe0PA

threefolddead
08-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Did anyone watch the videos of the scrimmage from different sources. 70% of the people there had Tebow jerseys! I'd bet that our fanbase doubled when Tebow joined this team. Those people are fans of Tebow, not the Broncos. There sure as hell doesn't need to be boos at a scrimmage even if it worries me that Orton can't score on the second team D. It's been a hair over a week of practices with a new coach, new schemes, and a new front office. Real fans aren't booing.

Juriga72
08-07-2011, 08:16 AM
I can still remember cheering for our first- 1st down in the Oakland home game last year... I was like "We might be down 35-0...BUT we are on a roll now!!!"

Nomad
08-07-2011, 10:20 AM
It's not like these are kids in youth football or high school and people are booing them. These players are grown men who are supposed to be professional football players and held to high standards which people pay alot of cash and some put alot of passion to see. If they suck they deserve to be booed! Granted mistakes and hardships will come but it seems to have become a habit for the BRONCOS.

BroncoJoe
08-07-2011, 10:29 AM
If we're doing our job poorly, we'll get written up or fired.

I don't personally boo the Broncos, but I don't necessarily care if others do.

MileHiWildcat
08-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Sure. It doesn't matter what trash the FO throws out on the field - the sheep will keep coming and buying $5 sodas, $7 Beers, and $6 hot dogs.

But you best not boo...

MileHiWildcat
08-07-2011, 11:16 AM

Other players want to win.

Softskull
08-07-2011, 12:02 PM
It's not like these are kids in youth football or high school and people are booing them. These players are grown men who are supposed to be professional football players and held to high standards which people pay alot of cash and some put alot of passion to see. If they suck they deserve to be booed! Granted mistakes and hardships will come but it seems to have become a habit for the BRONCOS.

It the first freakin' week of practice after 6 months off. Most of these guys have never played together. They were complete crap last year. New coaches, new schemes, it's not really a surprise that that they don't have it together yet. I'm sure booing is going to fix the problem.

Northman
08-07-2011, 12:06 PM
It the first freakin' week of practice after 6 months off. Most of these guys have never played together. They were complete crap last year. New coaches, new schemes, it's not really a surprise that that they don't have it together yet. I'm sure booing is going to fix the problem.

And celebrating a slide when your not even taking hits is encouraging bad behavior. They are big boys, they can handle it.

jhildebrand
08-07-2011, 12:06 PM

When Dan Hawkins and the Buffs are up by 35 against Kansas and blowing it!

topscribe
08-07-2011, 12:11 PM
the way they played last year, they should be happy people still show up to boo. . .

seriously, i've never booed a team i root for, but i would have booed myself hoarse and then left at halftime if i'd been at that shameful oakland debacle last year. . . anyone who thinks they shouldn't have been booed that day is just being self-righteous, even if you choose not to do it yourself. . .

bowlen better hope they don't suck it up as bad this year. . . if the team's out of it before halloween, i have a feeling he might see more empty seats than he ever has. . . and even joe ellis can't like that, unless he's trying to wreck the team so he can front a group to buy it on the cheap. . .

:tinfoilhat:

I agree with you regarding a situation such as the Oakland game. In fact, I
remember the first San Diego game back in 2005: The fans booed the team
mercilessly at the end of the first half of that game. Must have lit a fire under
them - the Broncos turned the Chargers every way but loose the rest of the
game, as we remember.

But booing in a practice session, the first scrimmage? That is particularly
stupid, IMO. I go along with Doc Bear, who wrote this post for It's All Over,
Fat Man! (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/boos-again):

Robert Ayers posted some tweets yesterday admonishing the community about the booing of Kyle Orton on Saturday. They read,

Really wish fans stopped boing Orton... He is our qb and our coach thinks he gives us the best chance of winning... Fans please respect that...Not against Tebow at all.. I support whoever is our starting qb.. Regardless who it is.. We win and lose as a team... #TEAM

I’d echo his thoughts - folks, it’s just not right. We’re better than this. As a community, we need to start showing it. Cheer for all of them, or cheer for your favorite players - and if you don’t like the next one, please just put a sock in it. This isn’t Philadelphia, for heaven’s sake. I’d like to see the next crowd go out of their way to cheer like banshees for all of the Broncos.

Regarding Orton's slide, BTW, Doc Bear had this to say (with which I also agree):

Orton making some foolish show and getting his bell rung in a public scrimmage would have been an absurd behavior on his part.

(Read rest of the article at http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/boos-again .)

-----

hamrob
08-07-2011, 12:11 PM
That "right" is classless.Does that include in the comforts of my own home? Because even my dog can't stand to watch Kyle Orton. Every time we get close to the 20 yd line he starts barking and then places his paw over his eyes. I have a hard time not booing Orton right about then! :-)

jhildebrand
08-07-2011, 12:13 PM
If you want to boo then boo. Why anybody thinks they can tell another what to do or not do or how to be a fan is beyond me. This isn't Polo or a PGA tournament. This is football a sport known for fans-which happens to be short for fanatical.

Fanatical-
1. Filled with excessive and single minded zeal

Softskull
08-07-2011, 12:14 PM
And celebrating a slide when your not even taking hits is encouraging bad behavior. They are big boys, they can handle it.

I get ya. I think we're asking the fans to act like big boys.

Northman
08-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I get ya. I think we're asking the fans to act like big boys.

They are. They celebrate when they do good and boo when they arent happy. Its football and is part of every fanbase.

Northman
08-07-2011, 12:16 PM
If you want to boo then boo. Why anybody thinks they can tell another what to do or not do or how to be a fan is beyond me. This isn't Polo or a PGA tournament. This is football a sport known for fans-which happens to be short for fanatical.

Fanatical-

Soap boxes mate. Instead of just worrying about themselves they feel then need to lecture everyone else on how they should act.

MOtorboat
08-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Fanatical-

They also get their panties in a real bunch when someone turns it around on them. You can act however you want, I can also have my opinion of your actions. There's no soapbox involved. I don't believe fans should boo their own team, and I've never done it.

Now, I was not sitting in the stands for the Raiders debacle, or the aforementioned Colorado meltdown against Kansas, therefore I can't say how I would feel sitting there. But, I have sat through some pretty pathetic Royals and Rockies games and I've never felt the need to boo the team I root for. If that's a "soapbox" then I'm perfectly ok with being on that particular soapbox.

BroncoStud
08-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Robert Ayers posted some tweets yesterday admonishing the community about the booing of Kyle Orton on Saturday. They read,

Really wish fans stopped boing Orton... He is our qb and our coach thinks he gives us the best chance of winning... Fans please respect that...Not against Tebow at all.. I support whoever is our starting qb.. Regardless who it is.. We win and lose as a team... #TEAM

I’d echo his thoughts - folks, it’s just not right. We’re better than this. As a community, we need to start showing it. Cheer for all of them, or cheer for your favorite players - and if you don’t like the next one, please just put a sock in it. This isn’t Philadelphia, for heaven’s sake. I’d like to see the next crowd go out of their way to cheer like banshees for all of the Broncos.

Robert Ayers needs to start earning his fat paycheck and worry about himself.

If the fans aren't happy with Kyle Orton being the starting QB because he has failed us time and time again when we needed more out of him, and he is making $9 MILLION this season alone, they have every right.

Kyle had to have known this would be the situation when he opted to stay in Denver and not go to Miami, where the fans actually want him. It's his choice, he blew up the trade by not renegotiating, it seems to me it's time to deal with the consequences.

We're tired of him and have every right to boo.

jhildebrand
08-07-2011, 12:38 PM
They also get their panties in a real bunch when someone turns it around on them. You can act however you want, I can also have my opinion of your actions. There's no soapbox involved. I don't believe fans should boo their own team, and I've never done it.

Now, I was not sitting in the stands for the Raiders debacle, or the aforementioned Colorado meltdown against Kansas, therefore I can't say how I would feel sitting there. But, I have sat through some pretty pathetic Royals and Rockies games and I've never felt the need to boo the team I root for. If that's a "soapbox" then I'm perfectly ok with being on that particular soapbox.

If that works for you then great. But to tell another person how to act or not to act at an event for which you aren't present is all the more pompous and arrogant.

Fans have two ways to voice their pleasure or displeasure with any given team:

1. support them monetarily in buying tickets, merchandise, etc...
2. Vocally-either you cheer or you boo.

I was at the SD slaughter in 05, KC and Oakland. At some point the fans see Orton making the same mistakes. They see him doing the same things he has always done all while being told that "he gives the team the best chance to win." Our fans are some of the smartest in the league. They know what they are seeing very well might not mesh with what they are being told. The problem is compounded by Orton's attitude and demeanor.

Finally, and maybe most importantly, Pat Bowlen asked this team for money to build a new stadium. He insisted that the team couldn't compete with the old one and moving the team was a very realistic possibility in the event the Broncos couldn't secure a new stadium. The trade off however was if the fans/people in the 6 county metro area approved the measure, the Broncos would compete year in and year out because of the stadium. So remind me again why it is ok for an owner to threaten/hold an entire rabid fanbase hostage with the very team they love and offer certain promises in exchange for money but the fans can't boo when they see something they don't like (all while the team isn't
holding it's end of the bargain)? :confused:

topscribe
08-07-2011, 12:41 PM

This was really too stupid to be mentioned even once, let alone repeat it, as
you just did. Ayers played his ass off last year, and the rushing defense
plummeted precipitously after he was hurt. Nonetheless, Ayers is a Denver
Bronco. He is well within his rights to speak up, and his comment was very
reasonable.

This comment about him? Truly absurd . . .

-----

BroncoStud
08-07-2011, 12:56 PM
reasonable.

-----

If he is a Bronco of 2 years, I am a Broncos fan of a lifetime and I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars and more hours than I could ever sum of my life supporting this team.

If Robert Ayers can speak up so can the fans, you know, the ones who pay his ridiculously overpriced contract?

And no, Robert Ayers was NOT a force last year, he was a nonfactor.

Orton knew this was a possibility, he opted to stay and enjoy free agency NEXT year. The fans know this, they aren't happy, and they will let him know it every game played at Invesco this season of which he participates.

It's a biproduct of not being good enough to prevent it from happening. You don't see Drew Brees or Peyton Manning getting booed at home, there's a reason for that.

topscribe
08-07-2011, 01:11 PM
If he is a Bronco of 2 years, I am a Broncos fan of a lifetime and I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars and more hours than I could ever sum of my life supporting this team.

If Robert Ayers can speak up so can the fans, you know, the ones who pay his ridiculously overpriced contract?

And no, Robert Ayers was NOT a force last year, he was a nonfactor.

Orton knew this was a possibility, he opted to stay and enjoy free agency NEXT year. The fans know this, they aren't happy, and they will let him know it every game played at Invesco this season of which he participates.

It's a biproduct of not being good enough to prevent it from happening. You don't see Drew Brees or Peyton Manning getting booed at home, there's a reason for that.

You just cannot resist the opportunity to try to turn this into an Orton
debate, can you?

Regarding Ayers, it works two ways: The fans have a right to boo, yes. That
does not negate the fact that is is asinine. And if the fans have that right,
then Ayers and any of the other players, including those on the Practice
Squad, also have the right to express their opinions. How good they are as
players is not relevant.

Besides, you're not enough of an expert to tell me whether or not a given
player is a "force."

-----

Medford Bronco
08-07-2011, 01:21 PM
This is how I feel. I think making the statement that all booing is classless is just projecting a personal opinion on everyone else. I have no problem with booing at certain times, I don't think it makes a person classless. As long as the fans are intelligent enough to know why they're booing and have a good reason for it, it doesn't bother me.

I also disagree with the poster who said it makes players not want to come here. Philadelphia doesn't seem to be having trouble signing players, and their fans don't exactly have the best reputation.

I think the players deserve to be booed if they have a wretched game. Example of a QB throwing 4 ints and on the 4th it was just telegraphed big time.

A team deserves to get booed if the fans think they are not giving an effort. Just my opinion.

I only think in spots is is warranted but not all the time and especially not during training camp or a preseason game.

BroncoStud
08-07-2011, 01:23 PM
You just cannot resist the opportunity to try to turn this into an Orton
debate, can you?

Regarding Ayers, it works two ways: The fans have a right to boo, yes. That
does not negate the fact that is is asinine. And if the fans have that right,
then Ayers and any of the other players, including those on the Practice
Squad, also have the right to express their opinions. How good they are as
players is not relevant.

Besides, you're not enough of an expert to tell me whether or not a given
player is a "force."

-----

How do you know my level of expertise when it comes to defensive evaluation of player personnel?

Also, should the fans just sit by and let the team make moves they don't agree with? Don't they have SOME say in the direction of the franchise? Didn't the Denver Broncos require tax revenue to build Invesco? Don't fans pay for tickets, merchandise, concessions, parking? Without the fans could there be a DENVER BRONCOS, or an NFL?

The only voice for change the fans have are their cheers or boos, and their attendance to games. Would it just be better if the fans stopped going to the games? They did last year and suddenly Tebow was out there playing...

Amazing how that happens. :laugh:

topscribe
08-07-2011, 01:25 PM
How do you know my level of expertise when it comes to defensive evaluation of player personnel?

Also, should the fans just sit by and let the team make moves they don't agree with? Don't they have SOME say in the direction of the franchise? Didn't the Denver Broncos require tax revenue to build Invesco? Don't fans pay for tickets, merchandise, concessions, parking? Without the fans could there be a DENVER BRONCOS, or an NFL?

The only voice for change the fans have are their cheers or boos, and their attendance to games. Would it just be better if the fans stopped going to the games? They did last year and suddenly Tebow was out there playing...

Amazing how that happens. :laugh:

True, I don't know your level of expertise. But I know mine. And I can judge
to a degree from the assessments you have made so far. It is just my opinion,
but, frankly, they don't impress me . . .

-----

Nomad
08-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Soap boxes mate. Instead of just worrying about themselves they feel then need to lecture everyone else on how they should act.

Seems to be an occuring thing this morning:lol:!! :drama:by the boo critics and perfect parenting club!:D

I pretty much stand on what broncoJoe said!

BroncoStud
08-07-2011, 01:26 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

True, I don't know your level of expertise. But I know mine. And I can judge
to a degree from the assessments you have made so far. It is just my opinion,
but, frankly, they don't impress me . . .

topscribe
08-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I think the players deserve to be booed if they have a wretched game. Example of a QB throwing 4 ints and on the 4th it was just telegraphed big time.

A team deserves to get booed if the fans think they are not giving an effort. Just my opinion.

I only think in spots is is warranted but not all the time and especially not during training camp or a preseason game.

Hey Med! Good to see ya! :wave:

-----

Nomad
08-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey Med! Good to see ya! :wave:

-----

Yep! I would never boo Med....he's a good guy!

Medford Bronco
08-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Yep! I would never boo Med....he's a good guy!

thank you.

All we can ask of our team is effort. As long as they do not dog it they should not get booed most of the time.

However when a team quits then they deserve wrath or if a player just sucked, 4 ints or 3 fumbles, etc then some is warranted.

and this is my Opinion. I do not tell others what to do. Josh McDaniels derves boos for ruining our team over a 2 year spell.

I hope Fox can fix this mess he was left

EMB6903
08-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Good idea. Too bad Rockies fans dont get to Boo O'Doody and the Monforts...I would join in on that one

Odowd is the best sports GM in this state.

He has done VERY well with what hes had to work with.

Pretty stupid post.

PAINTERDAVE
08-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I was there....

yeah.. a lot of people booed Kyle when he went to the ground just shy of the goal line...
against friendly 2nd stringers under orders to only touch him... not tackle him.

Me? I did not boo... I shook my head...
because Kyle is who Kyle is.

Booing is classless and reveals the boorish behaviour of a lout.

Simply put... it is in bad form to Boo.

PAINTERDAVE
08-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Tebow was throwing a ton of practice balls to D Thomas.....

broncobryce
08-07-2011, 02:26 PM

If the fans aren't happy with Kyle Orton being the starting QB because he has failed us time and time again when we needed more out of him, and he is making $9 MILLION this season alone, they have every right.

Kyle had to have known this would be the situation when he opted to stay in Denver and not go to Miami, where the fans actually want him. It's his choice, he blew up the trade by not renegotiating, it seems to me it's time to deal with the consequences.

We're tired of him and have every right to boo.

Orton would rather have money than a place that wanted him, so I don't feel the least bit sorry for him when the boos rain on him, and trust me they will.

Canmore
08-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Orton would rather have money than a place that wanted him, so I don't feel the least bit sorry for him when the boos rain on him, and trust me they will.

I'm not a fan of booing, but there is no doubt, Kyle is going to face a season full of them unless he picks up his crunch time performance. He has a very short leash with the fan base.

topscribe
08-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I was there....

yeah.. a lot of people booed Kyle when he went to the ground just shy of the goal line...
against friendly 2nd stringers under orders to only touch him... not tackle him.

Me? I did not boo... I shook my head...
because Kyle is who Kyle is.

Booing is classless and reveals the boorish behaviour of a lout.

Simply put... it is in bad form to Boo.

Hey Painter! :wave:

Got all kinds of old friends coming back!

-----

TXBRONC
08-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Quite honestly, Orton did not just get boo'd coming out the have in favor of Tebow. the time i heard him get boo'd was when he did that slide instead of just going for it. people were saying if he wont do it when there is no chance for injury, there is no way he will do it with a game on the line. some shouted where is your heart Orton. The fans boo'd mistakes. did not matter the player. After the last few seasons, i cant blame then.

I don't think I would have booed Orton but I'm more capable of telling him to show some guts.

nevcraw
08-07-2011, 04:56 PM
fans are frustrated from years of mediocrity and Orton stalling in the rdzone and falling is a not so gentle reminder of this. I am not a booer mylself but have not one issue with fans who have a big in hand in helping fund this team show a little disdain.

again to me it's not for someone on an a web forum to tell others how to behave as fans or what is classless. but that's jut the way i see it..

Agent of Orange
08-07-2011, 05:06 PM
I kind of hope they start doing the "In-com-plete" chant when Orton misses on passes just out of spite.

BroncoStud
08-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I kind of hope they start doing the "In-com-plete" chant when Orton misses on passes just out of spite.

That would be pretty funny actually.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2011, 06:53 PM
DENVER – Midway through the Broncos’ scrimmage Saturday, the Invesco Field crowd wasn’t booing Tim Tebow; they were yelling, “Dooooom” for defensive end Elvis Dumervil.

But a few moments earlier, when Kyle Orton slid three yards short of the line to gain on a third-and-9 from the defense’s 11-yard-line there was no defender with an “oooooh” sound in his name when a similar sound rattled through the 17.982 on hand for the Broncos’ intra-squad scrimmage.

The boo birds were flocking, and Orton’s teammates noticed.

rest of article - http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/08/06/ayers-all-hes-asking-is-respect-for-orton/

Agent of Orange
08-07-2011, 06:57 PM
DENVER – Midway through the Broncos’ scrimmage Saturday, the Invesco Field crowd wasn’t booing Tim Tebow; they were yelling, “Dooooom” for defensive end Elvis Dumervil.

But a few moments earlier, when Kyle Orton slid three yards short of the line to gain on a third-and-9 from the defense’s 11-yard-line there was no defender with an “oooooh” sound in his name when a similar sound rattled through the 17.982 on hand for the Broncos’ intra-squad scrimmage.

Who cares?! These guys went 4-12 last year. Focus on winning games and stop worrying about the fans booing.

MOtorboat
08-07-2011, 07:22 PM

Who cares?! These guys went 4-12 last year. Focus on winning games and stop worrying about the fans booing.

Nothing like booing at a scrimmage open to the public for free.

Stay classy Denver.

Agent of Orange
08-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Stay classy Denver.

Like you would know anything about being "classy".

GEM
08-07-2011, 07:36 PM

Haha!! i actually did that...the guy in front of of about fell out of his seat laughing! :)

Agent of Orange
08-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Haha!! i actually did that...the guy in front of of about fell out of his seat laughing! :)

LOL. Nice.

Does it bother you now that you know some guy, who calls himself MOtorboat, thinks you have no class?

MOtorboat
08-07-2011, 07:40 PM

Stay classy Denver.

Like you would know anything about being "classy".

There's nothing like a collective group of petulant children throwing a collective temper tantrum at a football game because the team they root for had the fourth losing season in 30 years.

Of course, you're all too familiar with temper tantrums.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2011, 07:41 PM
The Broncos may be the first team which enjoys playing on the road more than at home :tsk:

Krugan
08-07-2011, 07:46 PM
As a former season ticket holder, I not only accept but appreciate fans that let the franchise know, in the area provided for a high cost form of entertainment, that they arent happy with the product. Are people jsut supposed to quietly shuffle out the door, after spending upwards of 250 dollars to take a family of 3, maybe 4 if you got lucky?

Practice how you play, I was always taught that. It was many yeas ago, before sports stopped keeping score and everyone got a "good job" ribbon, though.

Its not classless, at all, to show unhappiness with a product. Honestly, its no different than calling over a manager at wendys to let him know your burger is dry and the bun is hard. Its just more vocal, booing that is.

Lastly, I respect that people choose not to boo, or just be passive enough to accept the product and roll on to the next day. But its pretty classless to tell others how to voice their opinions.

jhildebrand
08-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Again this is the NFL not PGA, not Polo, not Cricket. Booing has long been a part of the NFL. It was founded on a vocal, raucous fanbase. Your hurt feelings of booing and calling people petulant children is a bit hypocritical don't you think? Your request is like asking NASCAR fans not to camp out and drink. In fact, it is this kind of homogenization that is ruining the NFL. It is this very sentiment that made Mile High go from one of the best and loudest stadiums to one of the quietest. It ruined the south stands.

Agent of Orange
08-07-2011, 07:50 PM
As a former season ticket holder, I not only accept but appreciate fans that let the franchise know, in the area provided for a high cost form of entertainment, that they arent happy with the product. Are people jsut supposed to quietly shuffle out the door, after spending upwards of 250 dollars to take a family of 3, maybe 4 if you got lucky?

Practice how you play, I was always taught that. It was many yeas ago, before sports stopped keeping score and everyone got a "good job" ribbon, though.

Its not classless, at all, to show unhappiness with a product. Honestly, its no different than calling over a manager at wendys to let him know your burger is dry and the bun is hard. Its just more vocal, booing that is.

Lastly, I respect that people choose not to boo, or just be passive enough to accept the product and roll on to the next day. But its pretty classless to tell others how to voice their opinions.

Pay attention, MOtorboat!

dogfish
08-07-2011, 07:51 PM

short guys typically do well with soapboxes. . .

:heh:

The Broncos may be the first team which enjoys playing on the road more than at home :tsk:

not at all. . . fans of bad franchises have been wearing paper bags on their heads since at least the 70's. . . . it's an NFL tradition. . .

believe it or not guys, denver actually isn't the only franchise whose fans don't care for losing. . .

GEM
08-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Yea they probably do carol. at least there is a reason why the stadium is swimming in the opponents colors. I have more issue with season ticket holding whine and cheesers selling their tickets to rival fans than i have with booing a 4-12 team.

dogfish
08-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Again this is the NFL not PGA, not Polo, not Cricket. Booing has long been a part of the NFL. It was founded on a vocal, raucous fanbase. Your hurt feelings of booing and calling people petulant children is a bit hypocritical don't you think? Your request is like asking NASCAR fans not to camp out and drink. In fact, it is this kind of homogenization that is ruining the NFL. It is this very sentiment that made Mile High go from one of the best and loudest stadiums to one of the quietest. It ruined the south stands.

see, midget. . . you're what is wrong with football!

:lol:

MOtorboat
08-07-2011, 07:53 PM

You can do whatever you want. Up until the last year or so, I thought Broncos fans were above the fray. I am, apparently, wrong.

That said, I'm also allowed my own opinion, and my own opinion is that it sounds like children throwing a temper tantrum. Don't pull the BS that this is some sort of part of Roger Goodell pussifying the league, because I think that is crap.

Agent of Orange
08-07-2011, 07:56 PM
You can do whatever you want. Up until the last year or so, I thought Broncos fans were above the fray. I am, apparently, wrong.

That said, I'm also allowed my own opinion, and my own opinion is that it sounds like children throwing a temper tantrum. Don't pull the BS that this is some sort of part of Roger Goodell pussifying the league, because I think that is crap.

Why do you think anyone should care about what you think? Moreover, why do you think it's your place to confront others as though you're someone that people should answer to?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Yea they probably do carol. at least there is a reason why the stadium is swimming in the opponents colors. I have more issue with season ticket holding whine and cheesers selling their tickets to rival fans than i have with booing a 4-12 team.

I have an issue with both.

MOtorboat
08-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Why do you think anyone should care about what you think? Moreover, why do you think it's your place to confront others as though you're someone that people should answer to?

Just my opinion. I don't care if you listen to it or not. Clearly, it's struck a nerve. People hate getting called out. They love to sit here on the internet and blast away, but when they are called on it, they get their panties in a bunch.

BroncoStud
08-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Just my opinion. I don't care if you listen to it or not. Clearly, it's struck a nerve. People hate getting called out. They love to sit here on the internet and blast away, but when they are called on it, they get their panties in a bunch.

Fans have every right to boo a product they don't approve of. It's how they tell the front office they aren't happy with the direction it's taking. These aren't college athletes, they're professionals, they make a lot of money to do this job. It comes with the territory.

I Eat Staples
08-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Odowd is the best sports GM in this state.

He has done VERY well with what hes had to work with.

Pretty stupid post.

Why would they trade Ubaldo? I don't see the reasoning.

But as a Phillies fan, I laugh at all teams with less than four aces.

Agent of Orange
08-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Just my opinion.

No, it's not about you just having an opinion. A lot of people have opinions but don't go out of their way to confront masses of people. So, it really has more to do with you than them. It's not really your place to do this.

I don't care if you listen to it or not. Clearly, it's struck a nerve. People hate getting called out.

How is that? I wasn't there. For me, it has more to do with people who aren't qualified to judge or give advice doing so. Part of me thinks the real reason you're doing this is because you want attention. Getting attention this way isn't going to make you whole.

They love to sit here on the internet and blast away, but when they are called on it, they get their panties in a bunch.

Do you mean like what you're doing? This is your thread is it not?

Slick
08-07-2011, 08:32 PM
In this case I don't think booing is classless.

I realize it was only practice, but if there is a true open competition for the starting qb spot, shouldn't Orton be going for a score instead of hook sliding in a crucial red zone situatuon?

Sounds like in his mind he's already the starter and he doesn't have to prove himself.

I might have booed him myself.

Its not like they're raining down boos on him each time he drops back to pass.

Canmore
08-07-2011, 08:36 PM
In this case I don't think booing is classless.

I realize it was only practice, but if there is a true open competition for the starting qb spot, shouldn't Orton be going for a score instead of hook sliding in a crucial red zone situatuon?

Sounds like in his mind he's already the starter and he doesn't have to prove himself.

I might have booed him myself.

Its not like they're raining down boos on him each time he drops back to pass.

Wait until the regular season. If Orton starts it's going to be ugly.

BeefStew25
08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Pressure busts pipes. They are all big boys. As long as the stadium keeps selling out, boos are fine. Direct objection of play is better than passive indifference.

dogfish
08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
How is that? I wasn't there. For me, it has more to do with people who aren't qualified to judge or give advice doing so. Part of me thinks the real reason you're doing this is because you want attention. Getting attention this way isn't going to make you whole.

okay, let's not have a dr. phil moment. . . .

MOtorboat
08-07-2011, 10:04 PM

ESPN is dictating what the Denver Post beat writers are saying, therefore we cannot fully comprehend what direction ESPN wants the Broncos to go in.

tubby
08-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Booing Orton for sliding in a scrimmage was dumb as funk. If you were there and booed.....get a life, Loser.

Juriga72
08-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Why was it ok to sart a thread about how "Awesome it was to hear Miami fans booing, and calling for Orton to be traded for"?????

Yet.... now its "WHY do we have to boo Kyle"?

MOtorboat
08-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Why was it ok to sart a thread about how "Awesome it was to hear Miami fans booing, and calling for Orton to be traded for"?????

Yet.... now its "WHY do we have to boo Kyle"?

I mistakenly thought Denver fans were the best in the league. I was naive, and I apologize.

GEM
08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Orton sliding during a scrimmage was dumb as funk. Telltale for what he will do during a game with a win on the line.

dogfish
08-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I mistakenly thought Denver fans were the best in the league. I was naive, and I apologize.

"Best in the league? I thought I told you chumps you're only a six."

Sincerely,

Jay Cutler

dogfish
08-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Orton sliding during a scrimmage was dumb as funk. Telltale for what he will do during a game with a win on the line.

eh, come on. . . i've blasted norton as much as anyone for that stupid fainting goat shit, but what's the point of a fragile gimp like him throwing his body around in a scrimmage? you guys want him getting the dreaded high ankle sprain early this year, or what?

:laugh:

Agent of Orange
08-07-2011, 10:34 PM

I just know what he looks like. Other than that, I'm not really familiar with him.

BeefStew25
08-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Mo pass out.

Northman
08-07-2011, 10:44 PM
s

believe it or not guys, denver actually isn't the only franchise whose fans don't care for losing. . .

Yes, but according to the REAL fans we should just accept poor play and players quitting on gameday.

Northman
08-07-2011, 10:47 PM
"Best in the league? I thought I told you chumps you're only a six."

Sincerely,

Jay Cutler

Hahahahahahaah, you beat me too it a-hole. haha

Tned
08-07-2011, 10:52 PM
eh, come on. . . i've blasted norton as much as anyone for that stupid fainting goat shit, but what's the point of a fragile gimp like him throwing his body around in a scrimmage? you guys want him getting the dreaded high ankle sprain early this year, or what?

Good point, we all know that Orton is like a combination of Manning, Marino and Montana when healthy, and if not for those severe injuries he plays through, he would already be a lock to be a first ballot hall of famer...

MileHiWildcat
08-07-2011, 10:58 PM

Oh shut up and drink another spritzer.

topscribe

Let me quote Doc Bear of It's All Over, Fat Man! (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/boos-again)

Orton making some foolish show and getting his bell rung in a public scrimmage would have been an absurd behavior on his part.

I don't care whether it would have been Orton, Tebow, or Quinn: Were I the
Head Coach and the QB chose to run it in, in that situation, I would have
chewed his butt up one side and down the other. That was a practice session,
not the Super Bowl . . .

-----

Lancane

http://www.vi-r-us.com/IMG/BLOG/boo.jpg

:salute:

TXBRONC
08-07-2011, 11:01 PM

Good grief Dog Orton is more at risk getting a high ankle sprain tying his shoes than in a scrimmage where the quarterback can't be hit. :lol:

MileHiWildcat
08-07-2011, 11:02 PM
reasonable.

-----

Says the pot to the kettle... your ignorance of the game is compelling.

topscribe
08-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Good grief Dog Orton is more at risk getting a high ankle sprain tying his shoes than in a scrimmage where the quarterback can't be hit. :lol:

You keep harping at Orton's ankles like a man possessed. Tell me, when in 2010
did he hurt either of his ankles in any way?

-----

TXBRONC
08-07-2011, 11:13 PM

-----

I was responding Dogfish so it was said in jest.

topscribe
08-07-2011, 11:14 PM
I was responding Dogfish so it was said in jest.

IIRC, you have said as much several times in several places, "in jest."

-----

TXBRONC
08-07-2011, 11:20 PM
IIRC, you have said as much several times in several places, "in jest."

-----

Yep and obviously I'm not the only one.

jhildebrand
08-07-2011, 11:27 PM

You are entitled to your opinion, MO. Nobody is denying that. But when you try to issue marching orders i.e. stop the booing, it quits being an opinion and begins being a directive. Just as you are entitled to your opinion so is everybody else. Each is not only entitled to their opinion but how they choose to express that opinion. In essence you are booing the boo'ers. Pot meet kettle.

Are you going to tell people to keep the paper bags at home? :confused: Those could be right around the corner.

We were above the fray because this team won. Even when this team didn't win it was clear management, ownership, the FO and coaching staff were doing their best to win and put a good product on the field. Now that message isn't so clear. McDaniels was viewed as a cost effective hire. That didn't work out and the fallout has been devistating! Some fans perceive the Orton situation as one where the team is content when there is no reason for that and the only other solution is a guy whose best value, until proven otherwise, is simply as a marketing gimick.

So again...fans have two ways to send ownership a message: with their wallet or their voice. You don't like the boos. I get it. Don't boo.

topscribe
08-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Yep and obviously I'm not the only one.

You mean there are more of you? Wow.

-----

jhildebrand
08-07-2011, 11:32 PM

While I see your point, the best teams and players practice like they play- every practice.

TXBRONC
08-07-2011, 11:35 PM
You mean there are more of you? Wow.

-----

I'm not the topic of this thread.

:focus:

topscribe
08-07-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm not the topic of this thread.

:focus:

Sorry. :heh:

-----

GEM
08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
It was no qb contact. How is he going to get clobbered? Just because some guy with a fan site says it does not mean its true. There was no chance of Orton getting hurt. He made a clear and concise decision to once again take the safe route. Tell of then, what maker you think he would do any different in a game situation when he actually could get hurt.

topscribe
08-07-2011, 11:50 PM
It was no qb contact. How is he going to get clobbered? Just because some guy with a fan site says it does not mean its true. There was no chance of Orton getting hurt. He made a clear and concise decision to once again take the safe route. Tell of then, what maker you think he would do any different in a game situation when he actually could get hurt.

I think you will have to play football and participate in practice to understand.
You practice how you play. That means you perform in the same manner as you
would in a game. In the course of the normal game, the QB would NOT pile into
two unblocked, waiting linebackers. Not unless he wants to be a spectator for
the rest of the season.

Kyle made the correct decision. Several people who are more than just fans
have said so. And I will stand by what I said: Were I a HC, I would not have
tolerated the QB's piling into two linebackers, outside of a crucial moment in a
championship game.

BTW, I am not arguing on the behalf of Orton. I would take the same
approach with any QB in that situation . . .

-----

GEM
08-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Exactly. That is how he plays. Stall in the red zone and settle for a field goal. All to familiar. Not to mention it was against 2nd team defense.

topscribe
08-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Exactly. That is how he plays. Stall in the red zone and settle for a field goal. All to familiar. Not to mention it was against 2nd team defense.

Still the expert. Whatever. :coffee:

-----

dogfish
08-08-2011, 12:03 AM

didn't jake plummer break his foot getting off the couch?

griese hurt himself falling down the stairs dr. . . i mean, tripping over his dog. . .

denver has a rich tradition of QBs getting hurt in stupid ways off the field. . . :heh:

topscribe
08-08-2011, 12:04 AM
didn't jake plummer break his foot getting off the couch?

griese hurt himself falling down the stairs dr. . . i mean, tripping over his dog. . .

denver has a rich tradition of QBs getting hurt in stupid ways off the field. . . :heh:

Actually, Griese's happened in his driveway, IIRC, didn't it?

-----

Nomad
08-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Actually, Griese's happened in his driveway, IIRC, didn't it?

-----

Stairs!!:heh::drinking::heh:

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/let-sleeping-dogs-lie-or-griese-will-trip-them

GEM
08-08-2011, 12:08 AM

-----

It is called an opinion. Just because you have yours does not mean you know it all. Doesnt mean i know it all. But i will be damned if i just shut up because mine doesnt match yours.

topscribe
08-08-2011, 12:13 AM
It is called an opinion. Just because you have yours does not mean you know it all. Doesnt mean i know it all. But i will be damned if i just shut up because mine doesnt match yours.

I didn't ask you to shut up. I only said you have to have been there to understand . . .

Deep breaths, Gem . . . deep breaths . . .

-----

GEM
08-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Save the expert comment then. You say he did the right thing, i say he did not. either of us could be right and i am fine having that line of conversation. But the one line smart ass remark has no place in a conversation between friends. i dont discount your opinion and your right to your opinion, please do the same with mine.

PAINTERDAVE
08-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Let me quote Doc Bear of It's All Over, Fat Man! (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/boos-again)

I don't care whether it would have been Orton, Tebow, or Quinn: Were I the
Head Coach and the QB chose to run it in, in that situation, I would have
chewed his butt up one side and down the other. That was a practice session,
not the Super Bowl . . .

-----

Or.. Fox might have been happy to see Kyle had some moxy...
a thing Orton is NOT known for...
And inside.. Fox might have smiled to himself..
and thought..
"Yes... now.... there is a guy I could count on."

And why do we assume that if Orton pushed it..
against the 2nd stringers under orders to only tag the QB...
why do we assume that it would have injured Kyle to have a bit of contact?

Is Kyle THAT fragile?

I was there.. I watched it...
and I was disconcerted that Kyle did not even TRY to push for the TD...
he was only a foot or two short.

Juriga72
08-08-2011, 06:43 AM

-----

Counter point....

"Tell me the last year where he played a complete year?"

Answer- 2003

Yes....Kyle Orotn has won a game where he was benched at halftime, Kyle Orton has won a game where he was down 21-3 and guess what showed up? His ankle boo-boo.

The best part ever-the whole "Kyle Orton was lighting it up in the first half of 2008!!!!" Where after 6 games he had 7 td passes and 5 turnovers. AND his defense/ Special Teams had score 5 touchdowns for him

Northman
08-08-2011, 08:51 AM

-----

But she's right and so are you. You play how you practice and i always played to win, not play it safe. Orton plays it safe.

Northman
08-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Save the expert comment then. You say he did the right thing, i say he did not. either of us could be right and i am fine having that line of conversation. But the one line smart ass remark has no place in a conversation between friends. i dont discount your opinion and your right to your opinion, please do the same with mine.

Yes yes, but according to the MHS's i get from Top he never insults anyone. :lol::lol:

TXBRONC
08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Is Kyle THAT fragile?

Is this a trick question? :D

Seriously, if the litany of injuries is accurate and not saying they're not then he suffered a serious injury for three consecutive seasons dating back to '08.

Nevertheless if you're injured and you step onto the field you still have to preform. You can use as excuse injury to cover piss poor performance. If you're that hurt don't get on the field.

BigDaddyBronco
08-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Stairs!!:heh::drinking::heh:

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/let-sleeping-dogs-lie-or-griese-will-trip-them

I still think TD pushed him down the driveway. Griese was such a bitch.

BeefStew25
08-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Rumor had it Trevor Pyrce was in on the Griese beating.

topscribe
08-08-2011, 09:52 AM

I wrote three paragraphs in the previous post, trying to explain it to you. And
you came back with something that had nothing to do with what I was
explaining. So if you define my response as "smart ass," then that is up to you.
It frustrates me when I go to all the trouble to explain something, and it is like
the other did not bother even to read it. You don't need to come back at me
with a hickory stick: I have kids older than you. I don't need that from you.

Now, there is one difference in our opinions: I have been there. You have
not. I was absolutely right in what I was explaining. Absolutely. A quarterback
has no call to play fullback and barrel into linebackers. Elway can be admired
for what he did, but that was the Super Bowl. This was not the Super Bowl:
It was a practice session, a structured scrimmage. It has no place even in a
regular season game. It is asking for a season-ending injury. Quarterbacks
simply are not to do that. And I am not alone in that opinion. Several others,
who have been there, agree.

I'm in doubt as to how many "friends" I do have here. :tsk:

-----

topscribe
08-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Is this a trick question? :D

Seriously, if the litany of injuries is accurate and not saying they're not then he suffered a serious injury for three consecutive seasons dating back to '08.

Nevertheless if you're injured and you step onto the field you still have to preform. You can use as excuse injury to cover piss poor performance. If you're that hurt don't get on the field.

What are you doing now, introducing a different topic? :focus:

-----

TXBRONC
08-08-2011, 09:57 AM
What are you doing now, introducing a different topic? :focus:

-----

No not at all. :cool:

claymore
08-08-2011, 10:01 AM
explaining. So if you define my response as "smart ass," then that is up to you.
It frustrates me when I go to all the trouble to explain something, and it is like

-----
Your profile says you have 87 friends Top.

Northman
08-08-2011, 10:01 AM

-----

Oh for ******* christ sake Top, just because people disagree with you on a topic does not mean they are not your friend. Quit throwing a pity party already.

GEM
08-08-2011, 11:28 AM

-----

Don't give me your been there, done that. I have watched football, I have coached my own boys, I have had their high school football coach come to me for advice so don't give me your higher than thou, I played bullshit. Just like your I've been a fan for 70 years so I am the true fan, you have been a fan for 10 so you are not bullshit. You played it safe and I'm guessing by playing safe you lost a lot more than you won. I guess I am more of a risk taker than you are. I would go for it on 4th and 1 in a freaking scrimmage where fans are already questioning my toughness. There was absolutely no chance for injury and you don't need to practice how to be safe. The only person who needs to practice sliding is Sanchez and that's only because he didn't know how to hit the turf.

We aren't going to see eye to eye on this, because even after your explaining YOUR OPINION, it's still just that, YOUR OPINION. Just because some others might agree with you, doesn't mean you are right. There are just as many in this very thread who have agreed with my opinion. Does that make me automatically right? Nope. It's just what I want to see from a QB. I want to see a guy who will put it all on the line on a 4th and 1 at the 2 yard line. You want to see the guy slide. lose the ability to kick a FG and hand the ball over on downs at the 2. But he'll live to see another day and another loss.

And stop with the wonder about friends thing. Some of those things you say make me angry, but at the end of the day, just because I have disagreed with you doesn't mean that if someone asked if you were my friend I would say no.

Juriga72
08-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I'd kick him in the nuts if I wasn"t allegic to dust...

pnbronco
08-08-2011, 12:01 PM
So about the booing. It's something I don't do because I'm just not built that way. My not supporting a team would be more in a financial or time method.

I have always seen supporting the Broncos as a choice and if they get too frustrating to watch I'll do something else.

If I were to be so overwhelmed that I needed to express myself in that manner I would do it at a game that I paid money to attend. The Raider game was close, that was sooo bad. The funny thing was instead of having the need to boo my section started to cheer if they got a first down, like another poster had said. In fact I found myself trying to find more time to support the guys by going to the shows and just saying I still support you.

I hope this team can find a way to gel, but have very low expectations. They had no off season and a new coach and just a lot of turmoil the last couple of years. I'll save my boos for something that does effect my life, like the president of credit card companies.

topscribe
08-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Don't give me your been there, done that. I have watched football, I have coached my own boys, I have had their high school football coach come to me for advice so don't give me your higher than thou, I played bullshit. Just like your I've been a fan for 70 years so I am the true fan, you have been a fan for 10 so you are not bullshit. You played it safe and I'm guessing by playing safe you lost a lot more than you won. I guess I am more of a risk taker than you are. I would go for it on 4th and 1 in a freaking scrimmage where fans are already questioning my toughness. There was absolutely no chance for injury and you don't need to practice how to be safe. The only person who needs to practice sliding is Sanchez and that's only because he didn't know how to hit the turf.

We aren't going to see eye to eye on this, because even after your explaining YOUR OPINION, it's still just that, YOUR OPINION. Just because some others might agree with you, doesn't mean you are right. There are just as many in this very thread who have agreed with my opinion. Does that make me automatically right? Nope. It's just what I want to see from a QB. I want to see a guy who will put it all on the line on a 4th and 1 at the 2 yard line. You want to see the guy slide. lose the ability to kick a FG and hand the ball over on downs at the 2. But he'll live to see another day and another loss.

And stop with the wonder about friends thing. Some of those things you say make me angry, but at the end of the day, just because I have disagreed with you doesn't mean that if someone asked if you were my friend I would say no.

Wow. In the years I've known you, you have posted very few really dumb
comments. But this is one of your worst.

/discussion

-----

Superchop 7
08-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Geez.....I thought we were all yelling the word boob.......you people are sick.

GEM
08-08-2011, 12:17 PM

/discussion

-----

**EDIT**Just not worth it.

TXBRONC
08-08-2011, 12:18 PM

/discussion

-----

Top an attractive young woman just said she's your friend, think about what you're saying man. :behindsofa:

I mean heck that's probably the closest you've been to being hit on by a woman in what 30 years? :bolt:

Nomad
08-08-2011, 12:24 PM
:shakehands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WJ1cf3nrLE

TXBRONC
08-08-2011, 12:26 PM

pnbronco
08-08-2011, 12:29 PM

:lol:............:lol:.......... yup we are friends that care about a football team, each in our own manner..... very good Nomad......:D

Agent of Orange
08-08-2011, 12:32 PM

-----

There's the larger issue of competitive fire. You seem to be forgetting that Elway was always extremely competitive. This is the guy who got rid of a new pool table because he lost on it the first weekend he had it. You could say it was only a scrimmage and that might work if this was the only time we've seen this from Orton. If they ever put up a statue of Orton outside of the stadium, his pose would be the fetal position. He falls to the ground like a sack of potatoes at the slightest hint of pressure. Elway's play in the SB was an extension of who he was at other times, whether its extending plays and making things happen or getting rid of a pool table.

BTW, there's a famous quote from Upton Sinclair ("I aimed for the public's heart but I hit it's stomach") that you should read and learn. It's your own fault that you come up with garbage examples. You should know going in that if you make some comparisons, even if it's on a very specific point, you open the door for the message to be lost. That's on you. This was your faux pas. This was your on binge of idiocy. So, when you're spreading the condascension around, make sure to remember to save most of it for yourself.

But to be honest, the fact that you have to remind people of who you are just goes to show how inept you are at representing yourself. If you were really some authority worth respecting, you wouldn't need to do that. You do it to win points, even if it's only in your own mind. If you have to remind people of your past to win arguments, then you're not really winning arguments. That just means you're obviously and pathetically desperate. It's actually quite juvenile. Just like telling people you're classy doesn't make them see you as being classy, same goes for going around telling people you have gravitas...it just makes people think you're old.

Agent of Orange
08-08-2011, 12:40 PM

/discussion

-----

It was actually on point. Every part of it, especially the part where she questioned your "friends" comment. It must really bother you that she sees through it. What you call friends, is really just an alliance of people that serves as a safety net to help you "win" arguments. The fact that you pay such close attention to "friends" when being challenged should kind of tell you that you're not very effective in arguing your points. You probably already know this but what's more scary is the fact that someone else is seeing this and this is why you bluster with comments like "one of your worst".

She knows as much about football (based on the discussion Ive seen here) as you do. Don't even try to Milli Vanilli your way through this one either.

BroncoStud
08-08-2011, 12:50 PM
You have to give TOP credit, he has argued the most difficult opinion to defense for so long now he may actually be believing it himself. It's impressive. Jose Baez has NOTHING on TOP.

Juriga72
08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Top an attractive young woman just said she's your friend, think about what you're saying man. :behindsofa:

I mean heck that's probably the closest you've beed to a woman hitting in what 30 years? :bolt:

Even Denny Neagle thinks he screwed this one up

Agent of Orange
08-08-2011, 12:57 PM
You have to give TOP credit, he has argued the most difficult opinion to defense for so long now he may actually be believing it himself. It's impressive. Jose Baez has NOTHING on TOP.

He's more like that Iraqi information minister from the early days of the Iraq war. But you're right about him being all in with Kyle. In my limited time here, he's argued for Orton so strenuously, that he's actually more of a Kyle Orton fan than a Broncos fan. He's left himself no escape route where Orton is concerned.

topscribe
08-08-2011, 01:48 PM

I mean heck that's probably the closest you've beed to a woman hitting in what 30 years? :bolt:

I would bet that Mrs. Top is more of a woman than you are a man. But then, of
course, I'm biased. ;)

Gem and I were friends before I ever knew you existed. Our spats are commonplace.
Best just observe and be entertained. Don't try to participate . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

Ravage!!!
08-08-2011, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHfFdmisoo

Dzone
08-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Was it classless or was it cool that Roger Goddell got booed at the NFL draft in April?

NightTerror218
08-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Was it classless or was it cool that Roger Goddell got booed at the NFL draft in April?

classless......it was pointless.....he was just the middle man....i understand booing the owners

nevcraw
08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
classless......it was pointless.....he was just the middle man....i understand booing the owners

I'm not saying he should have been booed either but calling Roger G. a middleman is not accurate. He is the hired official representative / figure head / leader / spokesperson for the NFL and ownership group.

NightTerror218
08-08-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm not saying he should have been booed either but calling Roger G. a middleman is not accurate. He is the hired official representative / figure head / leader / spokesperson for the NFL and ownership group.

If you ask the Players he is also suppose to be there for them too....they outlet to owners.....During the lockout lots of players were pissed he was solidly on the owners side...they felt betrayed

dogfish
08-08-2011, 02:22 PM

it was awesome. . . .

lgenf
08-08-2011, 02:29 PM
any BOOOOOOOS today at practice?

nevcraw
08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
If you ask the Players he is also suppose to be there for them too....they outlet to owners.....During the lockout lots of players were pissed he was solidly on the owners side...they felt betrayed

I would say they are a a little bit dillusional if they think that. His bread is def buttered by the ownership. They are repped by the NFLPA. He would be smart to build a solid foundation and sense of partnership with them but he's def. the owners boy..

Northman
08-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Wasnt classless but considering everything to do with the lockout involved more than just him it was unjustified. The owners and players were equally as guilty to all the BS that went down with the lockout. But it wasnt classless, just misplaced.

TXBRONC
08-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I would bet that Mrs. Top is more of a woman than you are a man. But then, of
course, I'm biased. ;)

Gem and I were friends before I ever knew you existed. Our spats are commonplace.
Best just observe and be entertained. Don't try to participate . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

You only say that because Mrs Top brandishes a .38.

topscribe
08-08-2011, 04:35 PM
You only say that because Mrs Top brandishes a .38.

She's got two of them.

She also has a gun.

I love my wife . . .

-----

TXBRONC
08-08-2011, 04:43 PM

No doubt he runs the League on behalf of the owners but at the same time he was caught in the middle. I don't know if agreed with owners but it wouldn't surprise in the least if we found out he didn't want the owners go this route.

pnbronco
08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
any BOOOOOOOS today at practice?

nope....not a one

Dzone
08-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Booing is one of lifes simple pleasures...:pound:

HORSEPOWER 56
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been said a million times but here's my take:

The NFL is an customer service industry based on entertainment. We, the fans are the customers of that service.

There are two types of people. There are the type of people who complain about poor service and those who don't. If you were a customer at your favorite restaurant and your meal was sub-standard (burned, undercooked, hair in it, etc) or the service you received from the wait staff was poor (rude, inattentive, etc) do you send the food back/speak to the manager or do you eat it anyway/tolerate the poor service without complaint?

If you are the former, you are more inclined to boo. If you are the latter, you're more inclined not to.

Most of the Broncos starting players and the coaching staff will make more money during their short time in the NFL than most of us will in our entire lives. If the players/coaches were playing/coaching for free for our entertainment (rec league, school sponsored sports) then showing disapproval for poor play by booing is in poor taste. If they are paid professionals, then it is our right as a customer to complain about sub-standard service.

If Kyle Orton can cash those game checks for a total of $9 million this year in good conscience than my fellow fans can boo if his performance is poor in good conscience. That goes for any player and the team as a whole. I really don't care about their feelings if, through their performance on the field, they're not really concerned about ours as fans.

The way I see it is, we can pay the money, attend the games, and boo if they aren't meeting expectations or we can show our disapproval by not attending games, buying merchandise, or supporting the team/league through TV ratings. I think I know which one Pat Bowlen would prefer. Which do you think the players would prefer - playing to a packed house that boos when the screw up and cheers when they do well, or to a half empty stadium of apathetic fans who are only there because they bought tickets and have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon?

Agent of Orange
08-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been said a million times but here's my take:

The NFL is an customer service industry based on entertainment. We, the fans are the customers of that service.

There are two types of people. There are the type of people who complain about poor service and those who don't. If you were a customer at your favorite restaurant and your meal was sub-standard (burned, undercooked, hair in it, etc) or the service you received from the wait staff was poor (rude, inattentive, etc) do you send the food back/speak to the manager or do you eat it anyway/tolerate the poor service without complaint?

If you are the former, you are more inclined to boo. If you are the latter, you're more inclined not to.

Most of the Broncos starting players and the coaching staff will make more money during their short time in the NFL than most of us will in our entire lives. If the players/coaches were playing/coaching for free for our entertainment (rec league, school sponsored sports) then showing disapproval for poor play by booing is in poor taste. If they are paid professionals, then it is our right as a customer to complain about sub-standard service.

If Kyle Orton can cash those game checks for a total of $9 million this year in good conscience than my fellow fans can boo if his performance is poor in good conscience. That goes for any player and the team as a whole. I really don't care about their feelings if, through their performance on the field, they're not really concerned about ours as fans.
The way I see it is, we can pay the money, attend the games, and boo if they aren't meeting expectations or we can show our disapproval by not attending games, buying merchandise, or supporting the team/league through TV ratings. I think I know which one Pat Bowlen would prefer. Which do you think the players would prefer - playing to a packed house that boos when the screw up and cheers when they do well, or to a half empty stadium of apathetic fans who are only there because they bought tickets and have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon?

You pretty much nailed it. Orton just said that the last people he's worried about pleasing are the fans.

MileHiWildcat
08-08-2011, 10:18 PM

I mean heck that's probably the closest you've been to being hit on by a woman in what 30 years? :bolt:

LMFAO !!! Post of the Year.

MOtorboat
08-08-2011, 11:32 PM
I love the irony of people calling Orton names and then complaining about how he doesn't care about the fans.

Gee...I wonder why?

Northman
08-08-2011, 11:51 PM
I love the irony of people calling Orton names and then complaining about how he doesn't care about the fans.

Gee...I wonder why?

I really dont think Kyle takes the time to read internet forums homie. If Kyle doesnt like or care about the fans i think it has more to do with the lack of loyalty that ANY player now holds in this day and age to a franchise. Its very rare now when a player plays a good chunk of their career for one organization.

MOtorboat
08-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I really dont think Kyle takes the time to read internet forums homie. If Kyle doesnt like or care about the fans i think it has more to do with the lack of loyalty that ANY player now holds in this day and age to a franchise. Its very rare now when a player plays a good chunk of their career for one organization.

He's seen or heard all of the childish names and criticisms people come up with. Fans, of course, don't want to hear that, they want to put said player on blast, thinking said player would never know what was said, when in reality, they see and hear it. Criticism is one thing. Idiotic hatred and childish behavior is another. If I were him, I wouldn't give two shits about the "fans" either.

chazoe60
08-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Again MO, tell me what he's done for us that should make us embrace him?

MOtorboat
08-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Again MO, tell me what he's done for us that should make us embrace him?

If I called you a shitstain, would you want to be nice to me?

chazoe60
08-09-2011, 12:39 AM

First of all it's ****stain not shitstain. Second I didn't call him a ****stain til after I read his comment so unless he can see the future your point is invalid.

Lancane
08-09-2011, 12:43 AM

It could be a term of endearment, my wife calls me a a**hole and I call her F'tard...maybe it's much the same for him.

topscribe
08-09-2011, 01:01 AM
It could be a term of endearment, my wife calls me a a**hole and I call her F'tard...maybe it's much the same for him.

Wow . . . what do you say when you FIGHT? :couch:

-----

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 05:04 AM
This whole camp competition has made people forget just how ineffective Orton is when the game matters. It's just temporary. As soon as he fails to convert a few 3rd downs and Denver loses a close game that he could have won in the closing minutes, or Denver gets blown out at home and it's clear that Orton gave up early...

When Orton reminds everyone why the fans dislike him this sort of quest to validate him by many on this board who during the season last year were ready to ship him to any team in the NFL outside of Denver will go away and we will be back to normalcy.

The sooner this guy is sent packing the sooner this organization and it's fanbase can get back to Broncos football.

claymore
08-09-2011, 05:10 AM
This whole camp competition has made people forget just how ineffective Orton is when the game matters. It's just temporary. As soon as he fails to convert a few 3rd downs and Denver loses a close game that he could have won in the closing minutes, or Denver gets blown out at home and it's clear that Orton gave up early...

When Orton reminds everyone why the fans dislike him this sort of quest to validate him by many on this board who during the season last year were ready to ship him to any team in the NFL outside of Denver will go away and we will be back to normalcy.

The sooner this guy is sent packing the sooner this organization and it's fanbase can get back to Broncos football.

I think there are one-two people that believe in Orton. I think the rest just think that he is the best of a bad scenario. We have 3 QB's on our roster. Not one is a starter. They all suck. Orton just sucks less.

So when Orton doesnt convert a third down, I wont be suprised, I will just be happy it wasnt a pick six.

Dreadnought
08-09-2011, 06:50 AM
I think there are one-two people that believe in Orton. I think the rest just think that he is the best of a bad scenario. We have 3 QB's on our roster. Not one is a starter. They all suck. Orton just sucks less.

So when Orton doesnt convert a third down, I wont be suprised, I will just be happy it wasnt a pick six.

Watching Orton will make me think of the McDaniels era now. They are intertwined in my mind. I get the shakes when I watch him line up under center, quivering slightly in rage. The only thing that will make the pain go away is seeing somebody else as QB.

Irrational? Admittedly just a bit. Not totally though, in that to me Orton is a known quantity. Quinn is a known quantity. Both suck. Tebow might just not suck, so advantage Tebow. Tebow gives me more justification to get Sunday Ticket again. Orton means I'll be helping my wife more this Fall.

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Watching Orton will make me think of the McDaniels era now. They are intertwined in my mind. I get the shakes when I watch him line up under center, quivering slightly in rage. The only thing that will make the pain go away is seeing somebody else as QB.

Irrational? Admittedly just a bit. Not totally though, in that to me Orton is a known quantity. Quinn is a known quantity. Both suck. Tebow might just not suck, so advantage Tebow. Tebow gives me more justification to get Sunday Ticket again. Orton means I'll be helping my wife more this Fall.

Well said.

claymore
08-09-2011, 07:17 AM

Understandable. 100% Understandable.

I myself, would like to see if the playcalling, and improved coaching results in a better 3rd down percentage, and scoring. Im willing to give Orton that chance since Tebow couldnt unseat him in Practice.

I have ZERO faith Tebow is the answer since he cant beat out Orton in practice. He is another McDaniels decision that is biting us in the ass. We couldnt go after another QB this year because we had to give this Jabrone a shot.

Juriga72
08-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Wow . . . what do you say when you FIGHT? :couch:

-----

"I love you!!!"

lol

Dreadnought
08-09-2011, 07:27 AM

I myself, would like to see if the playcalling, and improved coaching results in a better 3rd down percentage, and scoring. Im willing to give Orton that chance since Tebow couldnt unseat him in Practice.

I have ZERO faith Tebow is the answer since he cant beat out Orton in practice. He is another McDaniels decision that is biting us in the ass. We couldnt go after another QB this year because we had to give this Jabrone a shot.

Totally meaningless Clay. Orton only blows when it matters most and when the pressure is really on him. Somebody here tagged him as "the fainting goat" and its the perfect description. He'll suck again in pressure situations or when he has to elude a pass rush in 2011. Bank on it.

Juriga72
08-09-2011, 07:28 AM

Gee...I wonder why?

Well....

He was boo'd in Chicago, then thrown in as a afterthought for Cutler, then boo'd here ..... THEN told he was going to be traded......, THEN...

So yeah...why should he care about us fans.

Northman
08-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Well....

He was boo'd in Chicago, then thrown in as a afterthought for Cutler, then boo'd here ..... THEN told he was going to be traded......, THEN...

So yeah...why should he care about us fans.

True that, i bet he really loves the Chicago fans.

BroncoJoe
08-09-2011, 09:56 AM
The crowd didn't boo him when he came into the game. THAT is classless. They showed their frustration (rightfully so IMO) when he slid short of the goal-line on a 3rd and goal. In a practice where he can't be hit.

Someone earlier said "you practice as you play". Sorry, but that kind of behavior isn't going to win us games, and it certainly isn't going to endear you to the fans. But, Orton doesn't care about the latter.

If you're playing scared to get hit or hurt, you're not going to make it in this league.

dogfish
08-09-2011, 10:29 AM

i wouldn't sweat that-- there weren't any quarterbacks worth going after this year anyway. . . lots drafted, and i bet ya not more than one or two make it. . .

spikerman
08-09-2011, 10:34 AM
If you're playing scared to get hit or hurt, you're not going to make it in this league.

in his defense, given his history, he has a good reason to be scared. ;)

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Methinks that Orton will be booed even more after his comments towards the fanbase... That will be the most entertaining part of watching him play.

TXBRONC
08-09-2011, 11:11 AM

I don't think it's irrational at all. Given the circumstance by which Orton got here and position that he plays. The same thing also applies for Quinn. I know it seems a inconsistent give Tebow leeway because he brought in by the same coach. However, he still has chance to be molded into solid quarterback.

topscribe
08-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Totally meaningful, Clay. I'm sure, however, the playcalling will change if the
personnel does, which it has. With a better running game and pass-catching
TEs, I expect to see a dramatic improvement in 3rd downs and in the RZ. As
have you, I have been concerned about those areas, and I likewise want to
see how these improvements will turn out . . .

-----

topscribe
08-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Methinks that Orton will be booed even more after his comments towards the fanbase... That will be the most entertaining part of watching him play.

I don't believe he should be concerned about you. I believe he should be
concerned about those fans who honestly want the team to win . . . :coffee:

-----

GEM
08-09-2011, 11:34 AM

-----

So Stud doesn't want the team to win? :confused:

Northman
08-09-2011, 11:35 AM

Well apparently, because Stud wants to take his lumps now with Tebow at the helm (as do i) it means that Stud doesnt want the team to win. Its that pesky Orton issue that Top has when people dont agree with him.

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 11:36 AM

-----

Orton doesn't need to be concerned about me. He's going to have thousands of other fans booing him at Invesco this year. Perhaps I'm just smart enough to see that if Denver wants to win it needs to get rid of Orton and bring in a QB with actual talent, not one who is a system QB who chokes under pressure.

topscribe
08-09-2011, 11:40 AM

You haven't seen his posts? He has admitted he would like the Broncos to lose
so they could have a high draft choice next year. That is what I inferred,
anyway. Am I now fixing to get flamed because I object to someone wanting
the Broncos to lose?

-----

topscribe
08-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Orton doesn't need to be concerned about me. He's going to have thousands of other fans booing him at Invesco this year. Perhaps I'm just smart enough to see that if Denver wants to win it needs to get rid of Orton and bring in a QB with actual talent, not one who is a system QB who chokes under pressure.

You really need to see somebody about your burning hatred.

-----

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 11:45 AM
You really need to see somebody about your burning hatred.

-----

No hatred here. Just ready for the Broncos to move on with a real QB and past the many mistakes of Josh McDaniels.

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
You haven't seen his posts? He has admitted he would like the Broncos to lose
so they could have a high draft choice next year. That is what I inferred,
anyway. Am I now fixing to get flamed because I object to someone wanting
the Broncos to lose?

-----

Temporary setback for a longterm solution. I'm ok with that and it happens in business ALL THE TIME. :welcome:

topscribe
08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Temporary setback for a longterm solution. I'm ok with that and it happens in business ALL THE TIME. :welcome:

There you go. See?

-----

GEM
08-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Then I apologize. I had not seen that before. I don't care who the qb is, no way I am rooting for Broncos losses.

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Then I apologize. I had not seen that before. I don't care who the qb is, no way I am rooting for Broncos losses.

I won't be "cheering" for Denver to lose either. I will still be there at games cheering on when we convert and make plays. I just have no illusions of a good season. This isn't a good team, this isn't a playoff team, and a 6-10 or 7-9 season doesn't do us ANY good.

If we are going to lose then I would prefer to lose and obtain a franchise QB so we won't have to lose again for a long time. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. That's one of the biggest reasons we struggled to to get to the postseason POST-Elway, Shanahan always kept us around 8-8, retooling instead of grooming for the future.

He realized this in 2006 when he made that move for Cutler. We instantly got better on offense and were primed for a new playoff run with a bunch of young studs on offense until Pat Bowlen decided to fire him and bring in McDouche.

So no, Top is quite wrong, I won't be cheering against the Broncos, EVER, I just hope that if we truly rebuild it will be with a young franchise QB, and those get harder to grab the lower your draft.

Top would be more than happy rebuilding with Orton, so his credibility ends right there with me.

jhildebrand
08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Northman
08-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I won't be "cheering" for Denver to lose either. I will still be there at games cheering on when we convert and make plays. I just have no illusions of a good season. This isn't a good team, this isn't a playoff team, and a 6-10 or 7-9 season doesn't do us ANY good.

If we are going to lose then I would prefer to lose and obtain a franchise QB so we won't have to lose again for a long time. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. That's one of the biggest reasons we struggled to to get to the postseason POST-Elway, Shanahan always kept us around 8-8, retooling instead of grooming for the future.

He realized this in 2006 when he made that move for Cutler. We instantly got better on offense and were primed for a new playoff run with a bunch of young studs on offense until Pat Bowlen decided to fire him and bring in McDouche.

So no, Top is quite wrong, I won't be cheering against the Broncos, EVER, I just hope that if we truly rebuild it will be with a young franchise QB, and those get harder to grab the lower your draft.

Top would be more than happy rebuilding with Orton, so his credibility ends right there with me.

Yep. I will cheer on gameday like i have for over 25 years but i dont kid myself into thinking we are playoff bound.

Juriga72
08-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Since I started watching games back in 72-73 .... I have NEVER gone into a season with a worse feeling than this year.

Too many things are fighting us this year and by god.... I would LOVE just to get to 5 wins.

Does that make me LESS a Bronco fan? no... it makes me a realist. IMHO

topscribe
08-09-2011, 01:12 PM

My advice to others is to save this post so, if you have a future need to
cover yourself, you can refer back to it.

Further advice would be to listen to me as to what I would be happy with,
rather than someone else, such as this one . . .

@BroncoStud - I'll let Ted Bartlett of It's All Over, Fat Man! (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/you-got-served-wedding-week-edition) provide my
answer to you:

I prefer Tim Tebow as the starter, too, of course, and I’ve been saying that he’ll be an NFL star as long as I’ve been writing about football, but I’m not going to root against the Broncos or against Kyle Orton, if he’s the starter. That’s irrational, and I think it’s frankly being a bad fan. It’s up there with wanting to tank games to get a higher Draft pick.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/you-got-served-wedding-week-edition

-----

Dzone
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Headline today on bleacherreport: "Orton Disses Fans"...when Bronco(most) fans read this, they will be ready to let Orton have it.

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
@BroncoStud - I'll let Ted Bartlett of It's All Over, Fat Man! provide my
answer to you:

Quote:
I prefer Tim Tebow as the starter, too, of course, and I’ve been saying that he’ll be an NFL star as long as I’ve been writing about football, but I’m not going to root against the Broncos or against Kyle Orton, if he’s the starter. That’s irrational, and I think it’s frankly being a bad fan. It’s up there with wanting to tank games to get a higher Draft pick.

Top, what part of "I won't be rooting against Denver" don't you understand? I'm not going to cheer for other teams to beat us, why would anyone do that? I just won't take it hard when the losses start to mount like I did last year. See, last year I was still in a bit of denial until about week 10 or so, then I understood fully why change was needed, and what change was needed. We managed to get rid of problem 1 - Josh McDaniels, now left is problem 2 - Kyle Orton, and we have already begun the process of upgrading our defense.

If we suck this year I'll be ok with it, it means we may have an opportunity to land us a franchise QB and be good for a long time to come. They don't grow on trees and you don't get them often, which is why the fanbase was so pissed when Cutler was traded and Orton was brought in, in the first place.

I know YOU don't seem to get that because you are an Orton-fanatic, but many here and other places DO get that, and that is why in large part Kyle Orton represents something negative to them.

topscribe
08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Top, what part of "I won't be rooting against Denver" don't you understand? I'm not going to cheer for other teams to beat us, why would anyone do that? I just won't take it hard when the losses start to mount like I did last year. See, last year I was still in a bit of denial until about week 10 or so, then I understood fully why change was needed, and what change was needed. We managed to get rid of problem 1 - Josh McDaniels, now left is problem 2 - Kyle Orton, and we have already begun the process of upgrading our defense.

If we suck this year I'll be ok with it, it means we may have an opportunity to land us a franchise QB and be good for a long time to come. They don't grow on trees and you don't get them often, which is why the fanbase was so pissed when Cutler was traded and Orton was brought in, in the first place.

I know YOU don't seem to get that because you are an Orton-fanatic, but many here and other places DO get that, and that is why in large part Kyle Orton represents something negative to them.

Coming from someone who has absolutely no understanding of what I have
written, as evidenced in your final sentence here . . . :coffee:

-----

BroncoStud
08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Coming from someone who has absolutely no understanding of what I have
written, as evidenced in your final sentence here . . . :coffee:

-----

:marchmellow:

Agent of Orange
08-09-2011, 02:22 PM

If Orton gets traded, that will be Top's new team.

claymore
08-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Since I started watching games back in 72-73 .... I have NEVER gone into a season with a worse feeling than this year.

Too many things are fighting us this year and by god.... I would LOVE just to get to 5 wins.

Does that make me LESS a Bronco fan? no... it makes me a realist. IMHO

I had that feeling last year. Im pretty optimistic about this team. If we win 5 games, its an improvement.

claymore
08-10-2011, 02:56 AM
Totally meaningless Clay. Orton only blows when it matters most and when the pressure is really on him. Somebody here tagged him as "the fainting goat" and its the perfect description. He'll suck again in pressure situations or when he has to elude a pass rush in 2011. Bank on it.

I just cant get behind Tebow starting over Orton "just because". I would like him to earn it.

I dont like any of the QB's on our roster, but I hate losing. I think we will lose less games if Orton is our starter.

Ravage!!!
08-10-2011, 08:30 AM
I just cant get behind Tebow starting over Orton "just because". I would like him to earn it.

I dont like any of the QB's on our roster, but I hate losing. I think we will lose less games if Orton is our starter.

I'm not sure about that. But I do feel Tebow will be the starter by mid-season (roughly).

vandammage13
08-10-2011, 08:39 AM

It would be tough for either of our other two QBs to lose more than Orton has the last 23 games (5 wins)....

To channel my inner Merril Hodge..."It is embarassing to think that the Broncos can win games with Orton."

MOtorboat
08-10-2011, 09:26 AM
It would be tough for either of our other two QBs to lose more than Orton has the last 23 games (5 wins)....

To channel my inner Merril Hodge..."It is embarassing to think that the Broncos can win games with Orton."

Orton's winning percentage is .393, Tebow's is .333. Just saying.

BroncoJoe
08-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Not with the Broncos...

Juriga72
08-10-2011, 09:30 AM

Woot!!!!
we have a .060 BETTER chance with Kyle!!!!!!:lol:

Ravage!!!
08-10-2011, 09:31 AM

yeah.. but Tebow wins his first game and he jumps to a .500 winner. Orton wins his first and whats he jump to? Not exactly a fair comparison (and I know you know this). It actually does say a lot against Orton that his win % is only .393.