PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football Thread: Patriots @ Bengals

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't know if anyone wants to talk some football, but MNF has kicked off and if anyone has a mind to watch and talk football about the Bengals and PAtriots, come on in and say something. Otherwise I'll just be talking to myself :D

To start off, I can;t believe the Bengals held the Patriots on that first drive. Five wide and thier coverage looked great....

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Wow, so far this is a defensive game... unexpected :D, though it is stil lvery early.....

Poet
10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Dear Carson Palmer,

In Cincinnati we love you. You are the franchise QB that we have been craving. You consistently keep us in the game, and you always play as hard as you can. Last year you came back from what was called a career ending injury, and played better then most QB's ever could. Even though Pennington got the comeback player of the year award, all logic and sense pointed to you. We where terrible before you came, and we look forward to having you be our QB for many many many more years. However, what the hell are you doing in this game? That INT you threw was atricious, that was on you and not CJ. Even if you threw the ball to where he was that was not going to be completed, CJ is one of the best WR's in the game, and while he will end up in the Hall of Fame the guy isn't Jesus. Please don't do that again, we where on a roll and we need the points. I know that calling them a defense is an insult to all real defenses in the history of the NFL, but they need your help. You have missed several open players in the flat, and we cannot afford to make mistakes. Please do not take this as an insult, you are very easily a better QB then Tom Brady, and competant QB in the league could have won a SB with those teams.

Love all the Bengal fans in the world

P.S. Cleveland sucks.;)

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 09:31 PM
The responsibility for that INT is up in the air IMO. I think TJ and Chad saw a zone coverage with man on man principals applied, while Carson Palmer saw the Safety pull to the center of the field and open a big hole in what he precieved to be a pure zone coverage. If CJ had gone in a post route, he could have created the seperation needed for the catch. On the other hand if Palmer saw what TJ and CJ did, he wouldn't of throw that pass.... If either PAlmer or CJ would have done what the other thought should have been done, it could of resulted in a better play IMO......

Poet
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
The responsibility for that INT is up in the air IMO. I think TJ and Chad saw a zone coverage with man on man principals applied, while Carson Palmer saw the Safety pull to the center of the field and open a big hole in what he precieved to be a pure zone coverage. If CJ had gone in a post route, he could have created the seperation needed for the catch. On the other hand if Palmer saw what TJ and CJ did, he wouldn't of throw that pass.... If either PAlmer or CJ would have done what the other thought should have been done, it could of resulted in a better play IMO......

Palmer did this last year as well. A. Even if he threw it to where CJ was going nothing good could happen from that play. B. I have seen waaaaaay to many occasions like this where Palmer throws an INT where a WR didn't "run the right route". CJ ran the play that was called, and Palmer decided to force the throw. That one is on Palmer

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Palmer did this last year as well. A. Even if he threw it to where CJ was going nothing good could happen from that play. B. I have seen waaaaaay to many occasions like this where Palmer throws an INT where a WR didn't "run the right route". CJ ran the play that was called, and Palmer decided to force the throw. That one is on Palmer

:laugh: well that's great that you have seen way to many passes like that from Palmer, but it's a matter of fundamental football. Post routes like taht create seperation. In a hole that was created from the shifting safety, you can take advantage of the hoel in the zone. If either the WR or the QB would have been on the same page, that coverage shceme could have been taken advantage of "B", either with that throw or a check down if Palmer was on the same page as CJ..... more then enough blame to go around IMO.

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
:laugh: well that's great that you have seen way to many passes like that from Palmer, but it's a matter of fundamental football. Post routes like taht create seperation. In a hole that was created from the shifting safety, you can take advantage of the hoel in the zone. If either the WR or the QB would have been on the same page, that coverage shceme could have been taken advantage of "B", either with that throw or a check down if Palmer was on the same page as CJ..... more then enough blame to go around IMO.

CJ was cutting outside where there was absolutely nobody. I still have a feeling that that was an option route and CJ picked the correct option while Palmer didn't. Palmer throws that outside, that's a TD.

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
CJ was cutting outside where there was absolutely nobody. I still have a feeling that that was an option route and CJ picked the correct option while Palmer didn't. Palmer throws that outside, that's a TD.

I disagree about that being a TD. I do agree that was without an option route, where the WR looks at the coverage and decides their route based upon the defense he sees. However Samual, Like Bailey, is a CB who watches the QB first and the WR second. The reason he jumped that route is because the ball was in the air and he was watching it, where as CJ was running his route. I doubt that would have been a TD. Samuel would have stayed with CJ if that ball hadn;t of been thrown. If Palmer was on the same page as CJ's read of the coverage, he would of had to check down IMO. If CJ saw the oepning in the zone coverage, it would have been a pass that could have been completed, but would have been a fit through coverage, one I think Palmer cna pull off if CJ uses his body to shield the defender.

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 09:46 PM
I disagree about that being a TD. I do agree that was without an option route, where the WR looks at the coverage and decides their route based upon the defense he sees. However Samual, Like Bailey, is a CB who watches the QB first and the WR second. The reason he jumped that route is because the ball was in the air and he was watching it, where as CJ was running his route. I doubt that would have been a TD. Samuel would have stayed with CJ if that ball hadn;t of been thrown. If Palmer was on the same page as CJ's read of the coverage, he would of had to check down IMO. If CJ saw the oepning in the zone coverage, it would have been a pass that could have been completed, but would have been a fit through coverage, one I think Palmer cna pull off if CJ uses his body to shield the defender.

The corner of the end zone was way too wide open to not be a TD. Palmer looks off Samuel like he should have and throws outside where CJ was going, there would have been absolutely nobody anywhere near CJ in the end zone and thats an easy TD.

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
The corner of the end zone was way too wide open to not be a TD. Palmer looks off Samuel like he should have and throws outside where CJ was going, there would have been absolutely nobody anywhere near CJ in the end zone and thats an easy TD.

We'll have to agree to disagree....

bengaaaaals1688
10-01-2007, 09:50 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree....

Yeah probably... I am way too frustrated with the way this game is going.:tsk:

Poet
10-01-2007, 09:53 PM

There was no reason for that pass to be thrown period. If Palmer could gee I don't know for once in his life get on the same page as his WR's our offense would actually click.

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah probably... I am way too frustrated with the way this game is going.:tsk:

YEah... lots of good looking drives that start well, and finish poorly. Watson looks good running, but to much pressure on Palmer... way to much preasure. Especially with the Pats bringing only 4 sometimes.....

To boot the Cinci D is giving more and more gorund every drive. I want Palmer to start getting some TD's for my FF team.... and if Brady has to score (the team I am facing owns Brady and Moss) do it to Welker who is also on my team.

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Wow, what a costly penalty, that 12 men on the field..... I wonder hwo was the player who shouldn't of been there?

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
What a great play by Chad Jophnson. The yards after contact were great. What a reciever :D

Poet
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
You want to get good calls? Put on a Patriots uniform. They wont call anything for Palmer, he can get hit late all day, but if Mike Myers touches Brady's helmet its a bloody roughing call. The Bengals cant get a PI, but if a Bengal player sneezes it's a penalty. I know we can't beat the Pats, but these bogus calls disgust me.

TXBRONC
10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
You want to get good calls? Put on a Patriots uniform. They wont call anything for Palmer, he can get hit late all day, but if Mike Myers touches Brady's helmet its a bloody roughing call. The Bengals cant get a PI, but if a Bengal player sneezes it's a penalty. I know we can't beat the Pats, but these bogus calls disgust me.

Oh please. :violin:

Poet
10-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh please. :violin:

Argue with me that I am not right. And when you can't shush up and drink a :pepsi:

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 10:39 PM

stop crying, I hate the Pats but they kicked Cincys butt plain and simple

They are good, give them credit. They would have beaten every team in the NFL tonight.

The Dark Knight
10-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I really don't know how the Pats are going to be stopped this year.

Like us, they got a bunch of new faces, but unlike us, they make them WORK!!

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I really don't know how the Pats are going to be stopped this year.

Like us, they got a bunch of new faces, but unlike us, they make them WORK!!

They have so much more talent on the defensive side of the ball it is not even funny.

The Broncos front 7 is not even 40% as good as New Englands and this without their best d lineman Seymour. Jarvis Green is a best.

The LBs got much better with A Thomas

They also have a Randy Moss who wants to play.

They also have the QB who is going to win the league MVP in Brady.

the only game they Might lose are at Dallas, at Indy (whom I think they will beat) and home vs Pitt. The rest will be wins for the most part

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 10:59 PM
They have so much more talent on the defensive side of the ball it is not even funny.

The Broncos front 7 is not even 40% as good as New Englands and this without their best d lineman Seymour. Jarvis Green is a best.

the only game they Might lose are at Dallas, at Indy (whom I think they will beat) and home vs Pitt. The rest will be wins for the most part

The Dallas game could be a preview of the SB. They have a lot mroe talent in the new faces they brought in. It's not even close. They also didn't institute an entirely new system.

The Dark Knight
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM

I agree, those will be the toughest games.

But somehow I think they will beat those guys too.

I know people don't like to say "undefeated". I don't like saying "undfeated". In fact, I've never said it about any team.

But this year, I really think the Patriots will go undefeated.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 11:03 PM

I know people don't like to say "undefeated". I don't like saying "undfeated". In fact, I've never said it about any team.

From anyones mouth to Gods ears NO NO NO :laugh:

I can live with 15-1 but not undefeated as I live here and will have to hear it for the rest of my life and we all know how MOST Boston, not all, fans are in their humbleness. The main reason why I cant stand the pats is the arrogant fans, not the actual team, who quite frankly are fun to watch.

Poet
10-02-2007, 12:35 AM
stop crying, I hate the Pats but they kicked Cincys butt plain and simple

They are good, give them credit. They would have beaten every team in the NFL tonight.

Which is why I said and I quote "I know we cant beat the Pats, but these bogus calls disgust me". And if by crying you mean making an observation that I can intelligently defend then you would be correct.

broncosfanscott
10-02-2007, 01:25 AM
The Pats continue to play well and it will be interesting to see how they play against Dallas.

Moss helped me win my fantasy game this week by 8 points, so I am happy. :D

Lorcust
10-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Which is why I said and I quote "I know we cant beat the Pats, but these bogus calls disgust me". And if by crying you mean making an observation that I can intelligently defend then you would be correct.

There is no intelligent defense you make though, its all just plain jealous ranting...

WTE
10-02-2007, 07:17 AM

Before the year started I thought NE would go 13-3 or 14-2. Now I'm thinking they may go undefeated if they beat Dallas. Pittsburgh didn't do themselves any favors when Hines Ward cried about NE knowing all their plays (even though they played most of the game with a two TE set and Bettis in the backfield. Gee, I wonder what they're gonna call? :confused:)

Now they're gonna pay for that.

And Indy didn't do themselves any favors when Dungy took a cheap shot at NE when he wrote in his stupid blog how grateful he is to play for such a classy organization. Yeah, real classy Tony. Like the times your team piped in noise to make the stadium louder or when Polian yelled from his booth for his players to break Doug Flutie's legs.

I used to like Dungy but not any more. The Pats are gonna take his holier-than-thou attitude and shove it up his arse.

Medford Bronco
10-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Before the year started I thought NE would go 13-3 or 14-2. Now I'm thinking they may go undefeated if they beat Dallas. Pittsburgh didn't do themselves any favors when Hines Ward cried about NE knowing all their plays (even though they played most of the game with a two TE set and Bettis in the backfield. Gee, I wonder what they're gonna call? :confused:)

Now they're gonna pay for that.

And Indy didn't do themselves any favors when Dungy took a cheap shot at NE when he wrote in his stupid blog how grateful he is to play for such a classy organization. Yeah, real classy Tony. Like the times your team piped in noise to make the stadium louder or when Polian yelled from his booth for his players to break Doug Flutie's legs.

I used to like Dungy but not any more. The Pats are gonna take his holier-than-thou attitude and shove it up his arse.

The pats are going to beat Indy. I think they are better.

As long as they run, against Indy like they can to keep Manning off the field some they will win something like 31-21 IMO

but we all know that almost all teams throw one stinker in there. The 2003 Pats lost to Buffalo then won 14 of 15.

The 1998 Broncos were 13-0 and lost to in inferior Giants team.

Not saying it cant happen. It is just not likely. I see 15-1 or at worst 14-2, due to injury of the team.

MNPatsFan
10-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Not saying it cant happen. It is just not likely. I see 15-1 or at worst 14-2, due to injury of the team.I concur with your position Med.:salute:

Although it is possible the Patriots go 16-0, I believe that they will go 14-2 or 15-1. I also believe that they would have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl if they were 15-1 or 14-2, rather than 16-0 going into the playoffs because of the added pressure and baggage that would accompany the undefeated record.:ballchain:

I have to say though that it would be great to watch and listen to the 1972 Miami players squirm if the Pats went undefeated during the regular season.;)