PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering - What are the Broncos actually practicing in practice?

NickTranOwnz
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Are they doing enough? It doesn't seem like it.

Maybe they should do shed and tackle drills and do everything like a high school and college team. Obviously, what they are doing now isn't working.

Lonestar
10-01-2007, 07:06 PM
:listen: tackling drills would be good!!!!!!!!!!!

Tned
10-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Are they doing enough? It doesn't seem like it.

Maybe they should do shed and tackle drills and do everything like a high school and college team. Obviously, what they are doing now isn't working.

I didn't catch the entire interview, but Lynch was asked something along those lines on KOA prior to the game. I think it was specifically about practicing out of pads, which has been a Shanahan trademark for a long time.

He said something along the lines of no team actually has live contact drills and practices tackling anymore.

Chidoze
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I'll let the coaches worry about that stuff, it's none of my concern.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I didn't catch the entire interview, but Lynch was asked something along those lines on KOA prior to the game. I think it was specifically about practicing out of pads, which has been a Shanahan trademark for a long time.

He said something along the lines of no team actually has live contact drills and practices tackling anymore.

Are you kidding me? If that's the case it infuriates me!!! :mad:

Why in the hell would you practice without pads if one of your worst problems is defense? :shocked:

Tned
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM

Why in the hell would you practice without pads if one of your worst problems is defense? :shocked:

He said that in his case, he goes full speed right up until he would have made contact and then pulls up.

TXBRONC
10-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Because it the idea is that by the end of the years player wont be as worn down.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Because it the idea is that by the end of the years player wont be as worn down.

Agreed but some contact would not hurt this team
who to me is as soft as Carvel Ice Cream with their run denfense now

Do you think the great defense of the 77 Broncos practiced without Pads, highly doubtful

I am not saying all the time, but to get them to actually tackle it would be helpful and maybe open some eyes

Lonestar
10-01-2007, 11:40 PM

Guess they will be fresh as daisies at this rate.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Guess they will be fresh as daisies at this rate.

Their run defense is like their mind is on daisys :laugh:

JK Just joking

I hope Shany does do some pads though. He has to adjust, He does not have number 7 and Number 30 to count on.

Lonestar
10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Their run defense is like their mind is on Daisy's :laugh:

JK Just joking

I hope Shanny does do some pads though. He has to adjust, He does not have number 7 and Number 30 to count on.

Well something is not working so perhaps change is in order to get the defenses attention.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-02-2007, 07:10 PM

Our defense is worn down by the time the first half ends and then they aren't the same so it's not like we'd be hurting ourselves by doing this anyways.

sneakers
10-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Allen Iverson doesn't approve of talking about practice.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/lang_whitaker/12/11/the.links/p1_iverson.jpg

Chidoze
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Allen Iverson doesn't approve of talking about practice.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/lang_whitaker/12/11/the.links/p1_iverson.jpg
One of the best sound bytes ever!!!!!

"Were talking about practice......Practice!?!?!........Practice....... ....not a game.......but Practice......"

:rofl:

Lonestar
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Our defense is worn down by the time the first half ends and then they aren't the same so it's not like we'd be hurting ourselves by doing this anyways.

Outstanding Idea you have there.. Let me add to it

Perhaps if we were able to tackle someone then they would not be involved in 12 minute drives.

Therefore geting some rest while the offense actually has time to try and put points on the board.