PDA

View Full Version : Fannin carted off the field, knee injury.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-05-2011, 08:19 PM
From what I've heard, Mario Fannin was carted off the field today with a knee injury. There saying it's probably a sprain but he couldn't put any weight on it.

What I could find:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/8/5/2347463/rb-mario-fannin-possible-knee-sprain

Dzone
08-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Ohhhhh Crap!!!!!!!!!There goes the season..&^%$#!!!!!!

BroncoWave
08-05-2011, 09:06 PM
I think the most shocking thing in the NFL so far this year is that no team has really had a catastrophic camp injury yet. You'd think with the lockout players wouldn't be in as good of shape heading into camp as usual, but that's clearly not the case so far at least.

Dzone
08-05-2011, 09:30 PM
How much have they cut down on practices? Are they hitting as much as in previous pre seasons?
I dunno, maybe that has cut down on the injuries this year.

Agent of Orange
08-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I think the most shocking thing in the NFL so far this year is that no team has really had a catastrophic camp injury yet. You'd think with the lockout players wouldn't be in as good of shape heading into camp as usual, but that's clearly not the case so far at least.

Or maybe it means they've been overtrained in previous years.

Canmore
08-05-2011, 11:52 PM

I've been surprised by how few injuries there have been. It will be interesting to see how this injury thing plays out as preason games start and even the early part of the regular season. Hopefully it continues to be quiet for all the teams, Broncos included.

broncofaninfla
08-06-2011, 01:42 AM
As is his MO Moreno is now gimpy yet again as well......

I'm starting to think the #1 need in 2002 will be RB. Yeah I know it's way too early too tell but since Shanny left our running game has been injured and putrid. We need tp get some true healthy talent in for a change.....

Canmore
08-06-2011, 01:44 AM

I'm starting to think the #1 need in 2002 will be RB. Yeah I know it's way too early too tell but since Shanny left our running game has been injured and putrid. We need tp get some true healthy talent in for a change.....

What is the deal with Moreno?

sneakers
08-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Or maybe it means they've been overtrained in previous years.

Or that it has only been like 3 days so far.

Jsteve01
08-06-2011, 02:12 AM
Jeremiah Johnson is a better back than Moreno anyway.

Lonestar
08-06-2011, 02:32 AM

Iirc in 08 we lost 7rb to IR.

dogfish
08-06-2011, 02:36 AM

where are you getting that?

:noidea:

Canmore
08-06-2011, 02:37 AM
Iirc in 08 we lost 7rb to IR.

I believe that is correct. Didnt we bring in Tatum Bell from selling cell phones at the mall to finish the season?

Lonestar
08-06-2011, 02:46 AM
I believe that is correct. Didnt we bring in Tatum Bell from selling cell phones at the mall to finish the season?

Yes and when we get near that number I'll worry about the wrong kind of training.

broncofaninfla
08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Scratch my Moreno comments. I read this article wrong last night.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18626769

BroncoWave
08-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Or that it has only been like 3 days so far.

It's been over a week.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-07-2011, 10:01 AM
As an update, Fannin was waived by the Broncos. I know lots of folks were high on him, sorry. I'd bet the knee injury was worse than reported.

We signed CJ Gable to replace him. I'd still like to see us bring in Snelling.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-add-gable/

CoachChaz
08-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Saw this last night and wondered if people still thought he was going to be a Pro Bowl back for us.

underrated29
08-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Saw this last night and wondered if people still thought he was going to be a Pro Bowl back for us.

Seriously the hype he was getting was ridiculous! There was a whole thread that had at least 10 idiots thinking he would winner starter and one dude tried to tell me OROTY ......

I only saw one practice and that was all I needed to know ...I still think we bring him back fir ps/ir

atwater27
08-07-2011, 10:53 AM

nobody said he was. Must have dreamed that one up guy.

MOtorboat
08-07-2011, 05:41 PM

He was so sought after that he cleared waivers and is on IR...