PDA

View Full Version : Broncos G.M. discusses Tebow’s latest comments

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Video on link

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/broncos-g-m-discusses-tebows-latest-comments/

Northman
08-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Goddammit Carol! Where is the print out on here from you? lol

And yes, Missy balled like a baby at the Sharpe segment the other night. lol

Tned
08-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Goddammit Carol! Where is the print out on here from you? lol

And yes, Missy balled like a baby at the Sharpe segment the other night. lol

What was the Sharpe thing?

Dzone
08-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Im a big Tebow fan but I dont like the comment that his starting job in the NFL was "grabbed away"...the dude on 102.3 this morning said we are seeing chinks in Tebows armor for the first time ever. I dont know about that, but I hope Tebow doesnt start complaining and saying he deserves to be the starter. That goes against everything we have thought about tebow

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2011, 05:25 PM
What was the Sharpe thing?

It will be shown again tomorrow, along with the other Broncos' special. I assume the times are Eastern times.

11:00 AM AMERICA'S GAME: 1998 BRONCOS 'America's Game" - 1998 Denver Broncos - Re-live the story of the 1998 Broncos through the eyes of Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, and Mark Schlereth. The 1998 Broncos were voted as the 12th greatest Super Bowl-winning team of all-time by a panel of football experts. Narrated by Kevin Bacon.

12:00 PM SHARPE FOCUS: JOURNEY TO CANTON ''Hall of Fame Documentary'' - Sharpe Focus: Journey to Canton - A look into the life and career of NFL great Shannon Sharpe on the eve of his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Shannon and his brother Sterling (former All-Pro) return to the their small hometown of Glennville, GA where they remember the loving family and the crushing poverty that drove them to success.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=08/06/2011&field=selectedDate

Dzone
08-05-2011, 05:28 PM
The NFL Network had a special about Shannon. He grew up with 9 people living in a house with no running water and they had to go out in the woods to take a leak or go #2. Pretty brutal. The house was made out of cinder blocks with no insulation, concrete floor and no heat except a fireplace. Reminded me of wehen my septic tank plugged up and I had to go out in the forest with a shovel and a roll of toilet paper for about a month..sad...Ok, that was TMI...:pound:

jlarsiii
08-05-2011, 05:33 PM
It will be shown again tomorrow, along with the other Broncos' special. I assume the times are Eastern times.

11:00 AM AMERICA'S GAME: 1998 BRONCOS 'America's Game" - 1998 Denver Broncos - Re-live the story of the 1998 Broncos through the eyes of Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, and Mark Schlereth. The 1998 Broncos were voted as the 12th greatest Super Bowl-winning team of all-time by a panel of football experts. Narrated by Kevin Bacon.

12:00 PM SHARPE FOCUS: JOURNEY TO CANTON ''Hall of Fame Documentary'' - Sharpe Focus: Journey to Canton - A look into the life and career of NFL great Shannon Sharpe on the eve of his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Shannon and his brother Sterling (former All-Pro) return to the their small hometown of Glennville, GA where they remember the loving family and the crushing poverty that drove them to success.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=08/06/2011&field=selectedDate

I saw the episode on the journey to Canton. The only thing I didn't like was how much they focused on his brother. I know the point was that Shannon wanted desperately to emulate his brother but I thought it was a little overboard. Other then that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tned
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM

Thanks. I have been on a mini vacation this week and didn't think to check for broncos/Sharpe programs on nfl network before I left. Back home now, so will set it up to record.

Nomad
08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
The NFL Network had a special about Shannon. He grew up with 9 people living in a house with no running water and they had to go out in the woods to take a leak or go #2. Pretty brutal. The house was made out of cinder blocks with no insulation, concrete floor and no heat except a fireplace. Reminded me of wehen my septic tank plugged up and I had to go out in the forest with a shovel and a roll of toilet paper for about a month..sad...Ok, that was TMI...:pound:

Just imagine, it's the South.....snakes, red bugs, poison ivy/oak, incredibly hot/humid during the summer he had to watch out where he squated:lol:.

As far as Tebow, who knows what he was told by Fox and co because I believe Fox thought Orton was out the door and I don't believe Tebow's a complainer, but in the end Tebow has to put up or shut up.

Ravage!!!
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Listened and get a "no comment on Tebow's remarks." Oh well.

Lancane
08-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I said yesterday that what the front office did caused some friction, this is part of the whiplash that comes from it...like I said, he thought he had to only compete with Quinn and Weber, then suddenly the team declares that Orton remains the starter and he has to compete against the one person most likely to beat him out who was supposedly on his way out.

I know people take it as whining, however, it's like telling someone in your office that they're possibly up for a promotion when so and so leaves, but then so and so doesn't leave and then they're pretty much told they may still get a promotion but for now the position remains with so and so.

By the way, even though I am not a Tebowmaniac I can say this, if the Ortonites use this then I'll have to laugh, after all Orton did everything but fall down and kick his feet when he lost the starting job last season.

BroncoWave
08-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow, glad I watched that whole video for a "no comment". Way to be a douchebag Rosenthal.

Lancane
08-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Wow, glad I watched that whole video for a "no comment". Way to be a douchebag Rosenthal.

Did you expect something unprickish from him? The man's a walking ass-hat! I remember after the draft that he had to choke out the words that EFX had a pretty solid draft while his co-host pretty much gushed over Denver's draft.

:lol:

slim
08-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi Dan-in-the-can!!

Dzone
08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Tebow just responded to woody paige...
well, obviously he is reading what is said about him and he is obviously annoyed by it all.
Paige misquoted Tebow to make him look bad. Typical Woodie paige...Jerk

Nomad
08-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Tebow just responded to woody paige...
well, obviously he is reading what is said about him and he is obviously annoyed by it all.
Paige misquoted Tebow to make him look bad. Typical Woodie paige...Jerk

What did Tebow really say then?

atwater27
08-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Xanders said a whole lotta nothing there. Pointless interview.

NightTerror218
08-05-2011, 07:05 PM

One thing I read on Twitter was that what he said taken out of context. I have not read more about what was said though.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2011, 09:39 PM
CANTON, Ohio — Once again, Shannon Sharpe is coming through in the clutch.

His induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday finally gives Bronco followers a story other than the Kyle Orton​-Tim Tebow​ quarterback drama.

What does the Broncos' star tight end of yesterday think of the big issue confronting his team today?

"I try not to get involved because I think John Elway​ and John Fox and Brian Xanders have their hands full dealing with this issue," Sharpe said here Friday, a few yards from where his bronze bust is about to be placed. "I have no friend in the fight. I have an organization in the fight. If Kyle Orton gives them the best opportunity to win, I want Kyle Orton to be the starter. I don't care anything about Tebow being drafted in the first round. If they feel Tim Tebow gives us the best chance to win, I want Tim Tebow to play.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18625238 rest of article

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2011, 09:49 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – It’s been a noteworthy week for Tim Tebow, but few of the notable events have taken place on the practice field.

From offering a four-word Twitter response to ESPN analyst Merril Hoge’s criticism to being quoted in a Denver Post column claiming that his “dream” of being an NFL starting quarterback was “grabbed back away,” Tebow hasn’t shied away from responding to the growing buzz over remaining with the second team during the Broncos’ first eight days of training camp.

When asked whether Tebow thought the starting job was his prior to camp, his answer was direct:

rest of article - http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/08/05/tebow-tries-to-defuse-issues/

Dzone
08-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Xanders said a whole lotta nothing there. Pointless interview.

I agree. Xanders is an absolutely horrible interview. Absolutely friggin pathetic. Comes across as a dolt. Clueless and he looks like a blockhead. Not only that, he has the IQ of a rock. How the hell did he get that job? Good grief.

Dzone
08-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I am paraphrasing but it was something to the effect of I dreamed all my life to be a starter in the NFL and then suddenly I had it grabbed away from me.
So now, the media is jumping all over it. They finally have Tebow saying something that doesnt sound so squeeky clean so he is getting ripped apart for it. Being called a spoiled brat, etc etc...unfortunately, they want to damage Tebows image and smear him any chance they get. So, thanks to woodrow paige, we now have controversy. It will all go away if he wins football games.

hamrob
08-05-2011, 10:03 PM
This is all BS. Tebow had his words twisted. It happens all the time.

The kid has played in 3 games (that's it), and he played well. The first 3 games of his career, and he played well.

So, until he's allowed to play again, until then we're really never going to know.

Practice is practice, let's see Orton help us beat the Chargers....then, perhaps I'll acknowledge he should be starting. As for pass and catch when the pressures not on...who cares!

hamrob
08-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Xanders is an idiot...you have to believe that he kept the job, because they wanted someone who would take direction from Elway. Let Elway manage xanders for a few years until he gets the big picture and then kick xanders to the curb. Hopefully, Elway is a quick learner.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2011, 10:05 PM

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18621060

BroncoStud
08-05-2011, 10:41 PM
“Sometimes when you’re doing interviews it doesn’t come out exactly (right), and I don’t feel like it’s exactly how it came out,” he said. “I don’t feel like anything was taken from me and I don’t want anything given. I want to work for anything I get, that’s for sure. And I’ve always been like that.

“It was not how it was meant,” he added. “One hundred percent I said my dream was that I wanted to be a quarterback since I was six years old. I’m out here working as hard as I possibly can and doing my best and I think … it was a little bit out of context.”

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/08/05/tebow-tries-to-defuse-issues/

Jsteve01
08-05-2011, 10:47 PM
wow this has been blown out of proportion. He thought the job was his and then found out the trade hadn't gone through and Orton was still the starter. Sheesh so what? The guy is 23 years old and passionate. The media has blow this so far out of proportion it's effing ridiculous. So he should be happy he went from starter to fighting for 2nd string? He phrased it poorly but Im sure Woody had something to do with that. This should have never even been news

BroncoStud
08-05-2011, 10:54 PM
wow this has been blown out of proportion. He thought the job was his and then found out the trade hadn't gone through and Orton was still the starter. Sheesh so what? The guy is 23 years old and passionate. The media has blow this so far out of proportion it's effing ridiculous. So he should be happy he went from starter to fighting for 2nd string? He phrased it poorly but Im sure Woody had something to do with that. This should have never even been news

This is going to be a theme in Denver until either Orton, Tebow, or BOTH are gone. McDaniels created this mess when he gave Orton an extension the same offseason he traded for Quinn and drafted Tebow in the 1st round, he's just a stupid little jackass of a GM.

That said, this is going to be a controversy all season.

Jsteve01
08-05-2011, 11:05 PM
woody thrives on this type of crap as much as Kiz. The reporting in this town has gone down hill ever since Scheff left. The only two I can stand are krieger and legwold and Jeff is so vanilla as to make you sick

Jsteve01
08-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Xanders is an idiot...you have to believe that he kept the job, because they wanted someone who would take direction from Elway. Let Elway manage xanders for a few years until he gets the big picture and then kick xanders to the curb. Hopefully, Elway is a quick learner.

seriously? everyone that I've ever heard talk about xanders has said he's extremely bright. so what if he doesn't interview well. That's not what he was hired to do. He had a pretty effin good draft, has worked the cap magnificently and although we didn't hit big names, he brought in a ton of young talent to bolster the roster and gave them all one year deals to prove it.

Agent of Orange
08-05-2011, 11:41 PM
rest of article - http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/08/05/tebow-tries-to-defuse-issues/

And so that's that.

Dzone
08-06-2011, 08:59 AM
seriously? everyone that I've ever heard talk about xanders has said he's extremely bright. so what if he doesn't interview well. That's not what he was hired to do. He had a pretty effin good draft, has worked the cap magnificently and although we didn't hit big names, he brought in a ton of young talent to bolster the roster and gave them all one year deals to prove it.

I hope youre right.
I may have been a bit too harsh about Xanders. I just listened to a recent interview and was surprised that I found him pretty informative.:coffee: