PDA

View Full Version : Eagles a possible trade partner?

HammeredOut
08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
If the Eagles have the so called dream team, they are still lacking a stud LB. Im wondering if it is possible the Eagles are searching for a quality starter, and somebody to swap with for an Asante Samual. Is a DJ Williams expendable with a late pick, for an Asante Samual. We have a committee of LB's and somebody like a Joe Mays could step in for DJ Williams, if DJ were to be departed. With Champ Bailey likely a few years out of retirement, an Asante Samual would fit right in and make the Broncos that much more competitive.

With Asante in the Broncos mix, we could stuff any air show, that San Diego Chargers plans on bringing into Denver.

Ravage!!!
08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I think this was brought up sometime last week, the DJ for Samuel debate/topic.

rationalfan
08-05-2011, 07:05 PM
don't count on it. if i remember right, xanders has said DJ was the best defensive player on the team the last two years.

personally, i'd take DJ over assante. i still think a healthy goodman will be a big boost to the D this year.

CoachChaz
08-05-2011, 07:18 PM
If they want a stud LB, id think they look somewhere other than DJ

Dreadnought
08-05-2011, 07:26 PM
If they want a stud LB, id think they look somewhere other than DJ

Agreed - being our best LB over the last two years isn't a ringing endorsement after all.

Agent of Orange
08-05-2011, 11:51 PM
I high-fived the OP just because it was a nice change of pace thread. Its nice to see some talk about the defense.

How much does Samual make? Id rather not have that much tied up in CBs. If its not too much, then OK but I'd rather the salaries be spread around even if DJ is upgradeable.

I'm not sure Mays is the answer though. Philly traded him because he's better suited for the 3-4.

Tangerine
08-05-2011, 11:54 PM
don't count on it. if i remember right, xanders has said DJ was the best defensive player on the team the last two years.

personally, i'd take DJ over assante. i still think a healthy goodman will be a big boost to the D this year.

That's like saying you're the smartest kid in the slow class.

Canmore
08-05-2011, 11:55 PM
I high-fived the OP just because it was a nice change of pace thread. Its nice to see some talk about the defense.

How much does Samual make? Id rather not have that much tied up in CBs. If its not too much, then OK but I'd rather the salaries be spread around even if DJ is upgradeable.

I'm not sure Mays is the answer though. Philly traded him because he's better suited for the 3-4.

I think I read somewhere (maybe here) that he makes about 6 million this season, 8 million in 2012 and 10 million in 2013.

Tned
08-05-2011, 11:59 PM
I think I read somewhere (maybe here) that he makes about 6 million this season, 8 million in 2012 and 10 million in 2013.

That sounds like what I found when I checked on Rotoworld earlier in the week.

As for DJ, I'm not as low on him as many. I think a move back to the outside (presumably weak side), will give him a chance to be the playmaker he was in college and when he was on the outside in Denver.

Sounds like the plan is to line Doom up opposite Von Miller, which seems to indicate that DJ and Doom will be often on the same side and that could create playmaking opportunities for DJ, as teams are trying to stop Doom's rush.

TXBRONC
08-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Nah I think Denver would be better off putting that money to use elsewhere.

Agent of Orange
08-06-2011, 12:03 AM

I dont like that contract. I can see that hurting a lot in a couple of years. And, as we know, its more about pressuring the QB.

Canmore
08-06-2011, 12:05 AM

As for DJ, I'm not as low on him as many. I think a move back to the outside (presumably weak side), will give him a chance to be the playmaker he was in college and when he was on the outside in Denver.

Sounds like the plan is to line Doom up opposite Von Miller, which seems to indicate that DJ and Doom will be often on the same side and that could create playmaking opportunities for DJ, as teams are trying to stop Doom's rush.

I'm not low on DJ. He's been moved around way to much and his best position seems to be the weakside. Still, even though he makes a lot of tackles he doesn't seem to make enough big plays, stops for a loss or short of the sticks on third down or the goaline. I want to see game changing plays from DJ. :defense:

Agent of Orange
08-06-2011, 12:09 AM

I'm kind of indifferent about DJ at this point. But I'd kind of like to see this play out a little bit between Miller, Moore, and Ingram. If those picks work out, then I'd rather see us find a CB in the draft. After seeing what Bill Parcells said about Nate Ingram, I'm really hopeful that these guys the beginning of building a good defense through the draft.

Tned
08-06-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm not low on DJ. He's been moved around way to much and his best position seems to be the weakside. Still, even though he makes a lot of tackles he doesn't seem to make enough big plays, stops for a loss or short of the sticks on third down or the goaline. I want to see game changing plays from DJ. :defense:

I think with him back at weak side, you will see more behind the LOS big plays being made. That's what I am expecting.

Canmore
08-06-2011, 01:11 AM
I think with him back at weak side, you will see more behind the LOS big plays being made. That's what I am expecting.

Personally, with the move back to the weakside where it appears he belongs, I'm expecting some game changing plays from DJ Williams. I think with all the movement he has put up with that there has been too much thinking. I feel he is at home on the weakside and if he is going to be great we will see it this season. If not this season, never. He has all the physical tools, it's time to step up.

chazoe60
08-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Last week called, it wants it's thread back.