PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak leaves crater to fill

champ24girl
10-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Our offense hasn't been the same since Kubiak left. It really hasn't.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Our offense hasn't been the same since Kubiak left. It really hasn't.

You are correct, however our defense is putrid and to me a bigger concern than our offense, who to me at least has shown something.

Our defense looks lost :sad: unfortunatley

Tned
10-02-2007, 12:09 AM
It's ironic, because if you go over to BM and search for posts with --Kubiak calls plays-- in them, you will find all kinds of Kubiak trash talking about how it was Shanny's offense, he called the plays, regardless of what Shanny or Kubiak said to the contrary and on and on.

broncosfanscott
10-02-2007, 12:25 AM
I like Kubiak and wish him all the best (except for when he plays us), yet I was bummed when I heard that he was taking over the HC job for the Texans. He is a big assest to that franchise. However, if our defense could come up with some stops to give Cutler and everybody more opportunities to score we would be fine.......those FGs need to be TDs.

TXBRONC
10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I like Kubiak and wish him all the best (except for when he plays us), yet I was bummed when I heard that he was taking over the HC job for the Texans. He is a big assest to that franchise. However, if our defense could come up with some stops to give Cutler and everybody more opportunities to score we would be fine.......those FGs need to be TDs.

I agree. Cutler and the offense are able to move the ball fairly well but it sure wouldn't hurt to have the defense get some turnovers in the opponents end of the field, thus giving offense some more opportunities to score touchdowns.

Lonestar
10-02-2007, 11:21 AM
It's ironic, because if you go over to BM and search for posts with --Kubiak calls plays-- in them, you will find all kinds of Kubiak trash talking about how it was Shanny's offense, he called the plays, regardless of what Shanny or Kubiak said to the contrary and on and on.

I guess I was wrong in that trash talking. I saw Gary as howdy dowdy, his moth opened and Mikey's words came out.

I just have to wonder if it is Gary was that good at keeping the troops together on Offense or who really did call the plays?

I know that a former now retired QB seemed to be lost without Gary in his corner. Was he the buffer zone that kept Mikey away from him like Mikey was between John and danny boy?

I did not have a lot of respect for Kubes but something has diffenatly changed BIG TIME since he left. Frankly I thought he'd get fired down in HOU. Perhaps he absorbed alot more from Mikey and other coaches he worked with than I thought.

broncosinindy
10-02-2007, 03:59 PM
At this point Kubes is far superior to shanny. wish we could have kubes back..

omac
10-03-2007, 11:04 AM
I guess I was wrong in that trash talking. I saw Gary as howdy dowdy, his moth opened and Mikey's words came out.

I just have to wonder if it is Gary was that good at keeping the troops together on Offense or who really did call the plays?

I know that a former now retired QB seemed to be lost without Gary in his corner. Was he the buffer zone that kept Mikey away from him like Mikey was between John and danny boy?

I did not have a lot of respect for Kubes but something has diffenatly changed BIG TIME since he left. Frankly I thought he'd get fired down in HOU. Perhaps he absorbed alot more from Mikey and other coaches he worked with than I thought.

Have you seen Houston this season? They've been playing real good football not only on both sides of the ball, but on special teams as well. Their defense is solid, and has some great playmakers in Williams and Okoye. Their offense has been consistent, with Schaub making good decisions and precise throws, and Green running well. They murdered KC, and convincingly beat Carolina.

That, ofcourse, was before all the injuries to key players, like their #1 WR, #1 RB, and others.

Despite that, their game with Indy was pretty close.

When healthy, their offense is very similar to Denver. Their defense is easily superior to Denver right now.

Kubiak is an excellent coach. :beer:

omac
10-03-2007, 11:10 AM
At this point Kubes is far superior to shanny. wish we could have kubes back..

In what way? We all have to remember that 2 of Houston's big play defensive players came from excellent draft possiton in consecutive years. Kubiak's improved Houston from before he got there, but he still has a lot to prove.

Skinny
10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
It has'nt been the same. Replacing a guy like Kubs is easier said than done.

Kubs was a staple to the Offense and to the Denver Broncos Organization for 10 years as a coach.

And that was just as a coach. As everyone knows he played in Denver (8 seasons).

His familiarity with the whole city and the team from Pat Bowlen, to the coaching staff (and the scheme), to the players will be unmatched by anyone we bring in here to replace him.

Any team in the NFL would take a huge loss, losing a coach who has ment as much as kubs has to the Broncos.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I think losing Kubiak hurt, but I think the Broncos are just having problems transitioning to an offense where the quarterback is getting to do three and five step drops back in the pocket rather than doing the normal bootleg. There are a lot of new starters on this offense this year and players getting full-time roles over last year. I'm really surprised people are expecting the fire right away, even though the problem has been going on since early last year. I'd attribute that to injuries and quarterback woes more than anything, and not play calling.

I understand those who are critical of some of the calls Shanahan are making, but I don't think they're as bad as they're being made out to be. We got the yards to show for it, we just need the points. I'm not sure if that needs to be hung on Shanahan's shoulders or not, because it's ultimately the players that come down to executing what's called on the field.

Joel
10-04-2007, 04:23 AM
All our games but the last have been close, we had significant leads in all of them but the first and we gave up over 100 yards to one run back in each. The Jags ran for more yards than they passed; I would say that's stunning, but for the Broncos it hasn't been so far: Passing Yds/Game: 114.5 (#1); Rushing Yds/Game: 181 (#31). If our defensive line hadn't gotten all those wonderful DEs everyone wanted to rush the QB, didn't have a massive hole through which you could drive a semi, we'd have three pretty lopsided victories. Maybe four; Indy didn't open up on us until we had to bring everyone up to the line to try stopping Addai and his no name backup (which still didn't work) which then gave them the opportunity to burn us in the passing game (it also didn't help that 2/3 of our top safeties were in civies for that game).

I was sad to see Kubiak leave Denver but glad to see him go to Houston, since they're my two favorite teams, but I think he and Shanny are BOTH fine coaches. Probably a lot of the reason it's hard to see who did what is because they spent so much time together and seem to think so much alike; how many of our cuts have wound up in Houston since Kubiak too over down there? I know I sure missed Ron Dayne last year, and until they got Schaub it looked remotely possible BVP might get to start somewhere after all. The only real difference I see in terms of coaching influence is Kubiak went out and spent his top two picks in successive years on Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye, but, as mentioned above, Shanny couldn't have gotten those guys if he wanted (and in the the latter case all signs indicate he did, but couldn't trade up enough). Get a REAL NT (or preferably two) who can play all game and a SLB worthy of the name (I could live with Webster as a backup MLB IF we had two quality OLBs) and we'll be in good shape. Until then, as long as we're in the bottom five on run D having the #1 pass D won't keep us out of the cellar. I know Indy got away with it, but demanding their offensive production from Cutler and crew is an unreasonable standard, IMHO. Our rushing offense is #5, passing #13, passing D #1 and rushing D #31; where do YOU think the problem is...?

omac
10-04-2007, 10:43 AM
All our games but the last have been close, we had significant leads in all of them but the first and we gave up over 100 yards to one run back in each. The Jags ran for more yards than they passed; I would say that's stunning, but for the Broncos it hasn't been so far: Passing Yds/Game: 114.5 (#1); Rushing Yds/Game: 181 (#31). If our defensive line hadn't gotten all those wonderful DEs everyone wanted to rush the QB, didn't have a massive hole through which you could drive a semi, we'd have three pretty lopsided victories. Maybe four; Indy didn't open up on us until we had to bring everyone up to the line to try stopping Addai and his no name backup (which still didn't work) which then gave them the opportunity to burn us in the passing game (it also didn't help that 2/3 of our top safeties were in civies for that game).

I was sad to see Kubiak leave Denver but glad to see him go to Houston, since they're my two favorite teams, but I think he and Shanny are BOTH fine coaches. Probably a lot of the reason it's hard to see who did what is because they spent so much time together and seem to think so much alike; how many of our cuts have wound up in Houston since Kubiak too over down there? I know I sure missed Ron Dayne last year, and until they got Schaub it looked remotely possible BVP might get to start somewhere after all. The only real difference I see in terms of coaching influence is Kubiak went out and spent his top two picks in successive years on Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye, but, as mentioned above, Shanny couldn't have gotten those guys if he wanted (and in the the latter case all signs indicate he did, but couldn't trade up enough). Get a REAL NT (or preferably two) who can play all game and a SLB worthy of the name (I could live with Webster as a backup MLB IF we had two quality OLBs) and we'll be in good shape. Until then, as long as we're in the bottom five on run D having the #1 pass D won't keep us out of the cellar. I know Indy got away with it, but demanding their offensive production from Cutler and crew is an unreasonable standard, IMHO. Our rushing offense is #5, passing #13, passing D #1 and rushing D #31; where do YOU think the problem is...?

Great post, Morambar. :salute: