PDA

View Full Version : pn thurs camp report

pnbronco
08-05-2011, 01:01 AM
When I got there it was really cloudy and had started to rain. Was not sure if we would be let in due to a lot of thunder all around. Never did see lighting so about 5:30 they opened the gates. It continued to rain so I was not surprised to see players slip during some of the drills tonight.

It was great to see Dawkins out there again. He still has so much energy and talks non stop to watch this oh look over there, I thinks helps in a lot of different ways.

Also very happy to see Prater tonight. They practiced kicks at the end and he is just a much better kicker than Hauschka. Several times he kicked over the VIP tent and a couple of times it looked like it was headed for the camera on the crane. Hauschka kicks fell right in front of the VIP tent, plus Praters just seemed to go more down the middle. Colquitt had some great punts, really nice high spirals. He seemed to place it where the coaches were directing him to.

When Clady first came to the Broncos his size seemed to really stand out. I was looking at the O line tonight and realized that not so much this year. We have a lot of big boys, I just hope they can get the nasty back and protect our QB.

Lots and lots of running reps again tonight and again short dumps to the RB's. Moreno had a better practice tonight. He was hitting the holes faster and getting some yards after the fact too. The other RB that had good practice was McGahee, he seemed to be more comfortable in his plays tonight and some great runs. O line seemed to be working well with those 2.

On one play Fannin was stomped behind the line, then got the ball again and made a nice run. Ball was stopped several times tonight. Had a few good runs but McBean and 76 broke through and stopped him in his tracks. On the 11/11 Ball did have a great hard nose run in the middle. Noticed Minor a few times, but Johnson had several nice runs again tonight and seems to take advantage at every chance he gets.

TE's worked a lot on blocking tonight and not as much passing as yesterday. Julius Thomas continued to impress me. The kid made a great finger tip grab. Whatever group he is with he's making some great catches.

The D was stonger tonight, IMO. They were rushing the QB a lot more and going after the RB, breaking through the line more than once. I did notice Bunklye more than once tieing up the inside to allow outside guys to break through. Again nate Irving had some impressive plays and is making his presence known. Got to Fannin behind the line and pushed him back further on a Goal Line Stance practice. I also remember McBean batting down a pass from Tebow.

The hit of the night had to go to Joe Mays. On 11/11 Moreno took the hand off was running to his left and looked like he was going to open up when Mays got into the line and hit him like a cannon went off. The crowd all went crazy and Joe smiled and walked away with a little more swagger in his step. Not sure how long it took for the stars to clear for Moreno.

Orton had some good throws. However there was a 11/11 that he had some bad ones. He over threw and just plain missed several WR tonight. I guess the flip side was one of the bad passes he was really rushed with Von Miller getting in his face. There was a beautiful pass Orton made to Lloyd, it was right by me and Lloyd made a great play on Champ got free and caught a great pass. Orton also had thread the needle pass to Royal that was beautiful. He just wasn't as sharp on the 11/11 as he was yesterday.

Quinn had a great practice tonight. He was much more accurate and even when the pocket was collapsing, which happened a bunch he stayed in it and made a bunch of good throws. He just seems to be checking all the WR so much faster this year. I think he had the best practice of the 4 tonight. Quinn was getting it from all sides and he threw a high ball to Willis, the kid did a high jump and came down with the ball.

Tebow about the same. Some good passes and bad ones too. Still slow on his release and ran more than he should of. They did have planned QB runs for him tonight and did great on those.

Weber more of the same. A few nice passes, but more bad than good.

One thing I really noticed is that Jeremiah Johnson got a lot of practice on ST. Also that Bruton was calling out plays for ST. I just hope we actually can have some special back in that phase of the game.

Davii is kind enough to help with a few of the pictures I took today. One of them was Franklin to give you a idea of his size. There are some of the O line practice and RB's. Had to get one of Dawkins. Also Slim I took one of Mays for you but he was not close to where I sat today, not too much arms but great legs/calves....Gem....;)

Davii
08-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Here are the pics from Pn's trip to training camp. Thanks Pola!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/USMCDavii/omoretrench.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/USMCDavii/Olinebigboys.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/USMCDavii/joemays.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/USMCDavii/franklin.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/USMCDavii/rbpractice.jpg

SoCalImport
08-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Great Job! the pics look awesome too.

Mike
08-05-2011, 07:39 AM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/USMCDavii/franklin.jpg

Am I the only who thought:

I'm bigger than you and higher up the food chain. Get in my belly.

Well, listen up, sonny Jim: I ate a baby. Oh, aye, Baby: the other, other white meat. Baby: it's what's for dinner.

Davii
08-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Am I the only who thought:

I'm bigger than you and higher up the food chain. Get in my belly.

Well, listen up, sonny Jim: I ate a baby. Oh, aye, Baby: the other, other white meat. Baby: it's what's for dinner.

He's a monster isn't he! Hopefully he plays as big as he is!

slim
08-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks, PN.

Joe looks smaller than he did last year. Hopefully it is just the pic.

pnbronco
08-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks, PN.

Joe looks smaller than he did last year. Hopefully it is just the pic.

You're welcome I think he looked the same. I just you could of heard the sound when he hit Moreno and that was against a team mate. I just hope he stays healthy this year.