PDA

View Full Version : Orton + Tebow = Awesome

rationalfan
08-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I realize sports fans are conditioned to be polarized (win or lose, my team against yours, dogs or cats, etc.). but i don't know why we have to choose orton or tebow.

We can have both.

And before your blood boils and you pound out a reply about "tebow's development hindered," "orton's a loser with a bad beard," "i think brady quinn has a nice smile," whatever, realize the broncos can have both. they can have tebow AND orton. and it doesn't have to be a division in the locker room. it doesn't have to be a discourse on throwing ability vs. raw moxie. it doesn't have to be an indictment on your personal morals. it can just be.

they can co-exist. they can be polite and share the team. they can help the broncos to victories, together.

i'm tired of this board being monopolized by the orton vs. tebow debate. we should be wanting BOTH to succeed because that's going to be best for the team. let the QB debate take dramatic levels once the team actually breaks .500. Until then, the competition is good. hoarding "talent" is good. the attention on a team that's been mostly forgotten is good.

And we can like orton and tebow. i do. anyone have the guts to admit the same?

i was writing a post in a separate thread and became inspired, so excuse me the indulgence.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I've already said I like them both, just don't want anybody not named John Elway guaranteed a job whether it be Orton or Tebow

Bugs Baloney
08-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Haven't you heard that Lover Boy Song?

"Pig and Elephant DNA just wont splice"

:laugh:

Northman
08-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I like Orton the person, not the player. As for Tebow, i like what he has to offer but it isnt set yet to how good he will be until he actually plays a full season. Most people are just tired of seeing Orton running the offense and want something different. You make it sound like we have Brady and Manning on this team. Thats not the case at all.

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 09:14 PM
I want to like Orton I really do, because it's a miserable feeling to hate seeing a guy trot on the field that you never want to watch again. But, I can't really change my mind just because, I need a reason and "he looks good in practice" doesn't cut it for me.

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
How about we rid ourselves of both next offseason and get a REAL QB? Orton sucked in Chicago, they took our franchise QB thanks to a midget-idiot-douchebag hire Ellis and Bowlen made 2 years ago, who is the sam midget-idiot-douchebag that drafted Tebow and traded for Quinn and gave away Hillis in the process.

Orton needs to go, Tebow may need to go, and Quinn is fine with me either way. They can't coexist, they don't like each other, most of the Broncos fans know Orton sucks when the game is on the line, I hope he struggles, I hope he shows his ass, and I hope we can move on quickly from the debacle that Josh McDaniels got us in.

This offseason sucked, last offseason sucked, and the offseason before that sucked. Shanahan left an offense that was stacked and ready to get better, McDaniels destroyed it and left us with this stupid debate, the same stupid debate the Chicago fans had to go through for 4 years with Orton holding them hostage.

Notice a pattern? Bench Orton = Go to Superbowl. Trade Orton = Go to NFC Championship. Start Orton = Miss playoffs.

This whole thing sucks, I just want Denver to get back to Denver football, and Orton ain't it.

Slick
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM
I will try rational. Orton just doesn't give me much hope or excitement. I am retiring myself from those threads. There's nothing left to say.

BeefStew25
08-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Imagine us rolling out Tavaris Jackson or Chad Henne.

Fix the defense. QB will be average or better.

Clipworthy
08-04-2011, 09:43 PM
hope Orton enjoys co-existing from the bench

NorCalBronco7
08-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Excellent post.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2011, 09:48 PM
I like the Broncos - ALL OF THEM

BeefStew25
08-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Perrish Cox is kind of a turd, Carol.

Northman
08-04-2011, 10:00 PM

I love the Broncos, just not all of them.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I understand what the OP is getting at and it sounds nice in theory, but I think it's a proven fact that it just can't happen. Let's be honest, the only reason this isn't much uglier is because both Tebow and Orton have enough class and self control not to get baited into discussing it. I doubt many other pros, especially QBs, would be as gracious as these two have been. COuld you imagine if the FO was considering making Lloyd the #3 because they see more potential in the younger Decker and Royal? Do you think ol' Brandon could keep his mouth shut and not bump his gums? Shit, he can't even shut up about the QB situation.

These guys can't "just get along" and coexist for long. Orton has already asked to be traded. Remember 2 years ago when good old Andy Reid was addressed by the media concerning the fact that he had 3 potential starting QBs on his roster (McNabb, Vick, Kolb)? What did he say? "I want to keep all of them, it's a good problem to have". Where are they now? That's right, down to one. Two were traded off not just to get something in return, but to preserve peace, unity, and focus in the locker room.

There's an old saying: "If you have 2 QBs, you really have none". Having both guys will eventually (if it hasn't already with Lloyd taking sides) polarize the locker room toward one or the other and will cause friction between the two factions. It never works out. One has to leave. This isn't like college where the freshman sits behind an upper-classman knowing he'll get his shot when the other guy graduates. It's like having two silverback Gorillas in the same band (yes, that's what you call a group of Gorillas, I'm not talking about the music group). Sooner or later, there will be a confrontation. Just like in the wild, there can be only one alpha male (starting QB).

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Perrish Cox is kind of a turd, Carol.

I FORGOT - I like the Broncos - except one of them - MAYBE (wait & see what happens)

Dzone
08-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Its ok to have ongoing debate about Tebow vs Orton. Its natural to like one more than the other. Unfortunately, some people havent learned yet how to disagree without being disagreeable.
They make shyt personal and take this shyt way to serious. I friggin love bronco football, but its not worth gettin pissy over if someone doesnt think EXACTLY like you... I implore those kinds of people to put me on their IGGY list.PLEASE!!!!Ignore PLEASE.
Im kinda bummed that Tebow hasnt torn it up yet in practice and I sure hope he proves himself in live stadium full contact football. If Orton is the starter, I will cheer for him to do good, but if he starts folding and looking like crap you bet your ass Im going to be yelling for Fox to yank him.
Ok, thats just my 2cc
Have a nice day

Stargazer
08-04-2011, 11:36 PM
I didn't like it when Denver picked up Orton, and I still do not like him now. Some people get excited for scrubs. I don't

Sinthor
08-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Its ok to have ongoing debate about Tebow vs Orton. Its natural to like one more than the other. Unfortunately, some people havent learned yet how to disagree without being disagreeable.
They make shyt personal and take this shyt way to serious. I friggin love bronco football, but its not worth gettin pissy over if someone doesnt think EXACTLY like you... I implore those kinds of people to put me on their IGGY list.PLEASE!!!!Ignore PLEASE.
Im kinda bummed that Tebow hasnt torn it up yet in practice and I sure hope he proves himself in live stadium full contact football. If Orton is the starter, I will cheer for him to do good, but if he starts folding and looking like crap you bet your ass Im going to be yelling for Fox to yank him.
Ok, thats just my 2cc
Have a nice day

I agree with you. I certainly don't "hate" or "love" any of the players, nor any of the QB's. I want Tebow to succeed, both for the Broncos and also because I haven't seen a player disrespected as badly as he has been since pre-draft. I want those people to have to eat their words.

I'm not worried about Training Camp performance so far because despite the very negative write ups, the sports sites I've read that are smaller and have people at the practices so far haven't said the same. They've said Tebow's a little slower on the read and Orton is a bit better as a passer, but not that there's such a HUGE gap. I've noticed the negatives have ignored things like times where Orton's thrown an INT in practice and Tebow hasn't. What if both did and BQ didn't. Does that mean BQ is now the starter? it's very early yet. Any QB could still win the starting job. I don't expect the Broncos to announce anything finally until at least a pre-season game or two. I think the whole thing HAS become a mess, but that's due to the market right now, more than anything.

I'll wait and reserve judgement on who I think should start and my opinion of the coaches choice until we're prepping for the Raiders on Monday night. I hope Tebow gets to play, but if not we'll just see how the season goes.