PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow's Future

Npba900
08-04-2011, 06:46 PM
How are Tebow's receiving skills? I think Tim can turn all that swagger, heart, perseverance, running ability into eventually becoming a great NFL TE.

Point is, there is more to it about Tebow in the eyes of Fox and Elway on how they truly feel about him. Not only would Fox and Elway not have drafted Tebow #1, they probably wouldn't have drafted him at all if not in between rounds 4-6. The reality is neither Elway nor Fox would have bought into all the hype unlike McD did. But then again we are talking about.....McD the Prima Dona Franchise Wrecker!!!

Here's another point to consider. More than likely both Elway and Fox have pulled Tebow aside and sat him down at the end of last season and told him what his short comings are and where he needed to improve. I'm sure Tebow's throwing motion/mechanics and foot work (dropping back from behind Center) setting up in the pocket- and how to throw more accurately were heavily discussed as well.

All this mean is, Tebow knew that he had a lot of work to do between January 011 until the present. Now that training camp has started rumor out there is that Tebow has made little improvement and strides fundamentally wise from last year. Fox and Elway are probably greatly disappointed with this fact.

Hence, Tebow is now currently 3rd on the depth chart behind Brady Quinn. With the unexpected difficulty encountered with trading Kyle Orton, Fox has seen enough and simple came to the conclusion that Orton is the starter and Brady Quinn will be the backup.

Here's something more surprising, it looked as though Fox was going to go with Quinn as the starter had Orton been traded. Which leads me to believe Fox would have brought in another QB to back up Quinn, while Tebow remained 3rd string!

That's how fundamentally flawed and unprepared Tim Tebow is right now to becoming a starting QB in the NFL.

Let's face it Elway was trying to set the 2011 season up with positioning the Broncos with being in contention with drafting Andrew Luck in next years 2012 draft. Trading Orton and starting Quinn would have put Denver well along the road with joining the Andrew Luck sweepstakes in 2012.

WARHORSE
08-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Fail.

:coffee:

Just my opinion of course. :wink:

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 06:53 PM
How are Tebow's receiving skills? I think Tim can turn all that swagger, heart, perseverance, running ability into eventually becoming a great NFL TE.

Point is, there is more to it about Tebow in the eyes of Fox and Elway on how they truly feel about him. Not only would Fox and Elway not have drafted Tebow #1, they probably wouldn't have drafted him at all if not in between rounds 4-6. The reality is neither Elway nor Fox would have bought into all the hype unlike McD did. But then again we are talking about.....McD the Prima Dona Franchise Wrecker!!!

Here's another point to consider. More than likely both Elway and Fox have pulled Tebow aside and sat him down at the end of last season and told him what his short comings are and where he needed to improve. I'm sure Tebow's throwing motion/mechanics and foot work (dropping back from behind Center) setting up in the pocket- and how to throw more accurately were heavily discussed as well.

All this mean is, Tebow knew that he had a lot of work to do between January 011 until the present. Now that training camp has started rumor out there is that Tebow has made little improvement and strides fundamentally wise from last year. Fox and Elway are probably greatly disappointed with this fact.

Hence, Tebow is now currently 3rd on the depth chart behind Brady Quinn. With the unexpected difficulty encountered with trading Kyle Orton, Fox has seen enough and simple came to the conclusion that Orton is the starter and Brady Quinn will be the backup.

Here's something more surprising, it looked as though Fox was going to go with Quinn as the starter had Orton been traded. Which leads me to believe Fox would have brought in another QB to back up Quinn, while Tebow remained 3rd string!

That's how fundamentally flawed and unprepared Tim Tebow is right now to becoming a starting QB in the NFL.

Let's face it Elway was trying to set the 2011 season up with positioning the Broncos with being in contention with drafting Andrew Luck in next years 2012 draft. Trading Orton and starting Quinn would have put Denver well along the road with joining the Andrew Luck sweepstakes in 2012.

Well you are wrong....Tebow is still 2nd in depth. Who said Quinn was going to start over tebow? He is working with the remaining receivers as the 3rd string. What are you smoking as you wrote this? No stats, no facts from TC, none of this has been said. You are spewing non-sense. many reports stated Tebow has improved from last season, just not as much as people would have hoped.

And you make a assumptions about what Elway and Fox would have said to him....so you must know them really well? Have dinner or lunch with them often and go to their houses?

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 06:57 PM
And starting Orton who won 3 games last season is setting us up for what exactly?

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 06:57 PM
someone slap me for reading another one of this guys threads

MOtorboat
08-04-2011, 07:02 PM
And starting Orton who won 3 games last season is setting us up for what exactly?

Because Orton couldn't possibly be part of a team that wins more than that...

Npba900
08-04-2011, 07:08 PM

Drafting Andew Luck in 2012!

bcbronc
08-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for starting this thread! I get worried when I log on and only the first 8 threads are Tebow and/or Orton related!

turftoad
08-04-2011, 07:12 PM

That cuz conspiracy theories don't just happen in politics. It's everywhere, it's everywhere. :shocked:

sneakers
08-04-2011, 07:18 PM
How many years is kyle ortons contract? Just this season? oh, ok.

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 07:19 PM

Is that what I said? The OP implied that starting Quinn or Tebow would put us in the Luck sweepstakes and I was just asking how starting a QB who just finished with 3 wins is any different?

topscribe
08-04-2011, 07:21 PM

How could anyone expect Orton to be part of a team that wins any more than that?

He never has before . . . :coffee:

-----

Npba900
08-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Well you are wrong....Tebow is still 2nd in depth. Who said Quinn was going to start over tebow? He is working with the remaining receivers as the 3rd string. What are you smoking as you wrote this? No stats, no facts from TC, none of this has been said. You are spewing non-sense. many reports stated Tebow has improved from last season, just not as much as people would have hoped.

And you make a assumptions about what Elway and Fox would have said to him....so you must know them really well? Have dinner or lunch with them often and go to their houses?

Several NFL experts don't see the wisdom of benching veteran Orton for Tebow, considering the second-year player has only three starts on his resume, and completed under half of his passes.

Npba900
08-04-2011, 07:29 PM

Save the dramatics. The realilty is, Tebow has virtually nothing to show for the last 8 months he's had to prepare for this season. His guns look good, he's done a few commercials, and he's gone on a book tour, but unfortunately none of that improved his accuracy.

He either didn't attempt to improve his throwing or he has shown an inability to improve. I think the fact that he can't come anywhere close to beating out Orton, who most agree is a mediocre QB, should be a sign for Tebow fans to warm up to the idea that he may not turn out to be all you believed him to be. Just saying.

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 07:30 PM

Several NFL experts don't see the wisdom of benching veteran Orton for Tebow, considering the second-year player has only three starts on his resume, and completed under half of his passes.

really completed under half his passes when his stats say 41/82 for 2010. And at least 2 were 4th quarter hail marys in the San Diego game.

Well many experts dont see the wisdom of keeping Orton as the starter when he leaves after this season and you still have to see what you have in Tebow and with the chance of Luck next year. Many experts said that they need to trade orton and start Tebow before lock out needed. Now they say Orton is the best to win now, but Orton will be gone what is the best for the future?

Npba900
08-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Is that what I said? The OP implied that starting Quinn or Tebow would put us in the Luck sweepstakes and I was just asking how starting a QB who just finished with 3 wins is any different?

Put yourself in Foxes shoes. If you think about it from Fox's perspective, Orton is the logical pick for the coaches to make. Orton's weakness is he doesn't improvise very well when the play breaks down, Tebow's weakness is he can't execute plays and so he improvises. If you were the coach or offensive coordinator, who would you pick- the guy who will execute the play you call with a decent level of success or the guy who will go out there and just wing it?

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Save the dramatics. The realilty is, Tebow has virtually nothing to show for the last 8 months he's had to prepare for this season. His guns look good, he's done a few commercials, and he's gone on a book tour, but unfortunately none of that improved his accuracy.

He either didn't attempt to improve his throwing or he has shown an inability to improve. I think the fact that he can't come anywhere close to beating out Orton, who most agree is a mediocre QB, should be a sign for Tebow fans to warm up to the idea that he may not turn out to be all you believed him to be. Just saying.

So you are going to ignore the reports that Tebow HAS improve just not as much as people hoped? Where as any stated he has the inability to learn anything? So in Tebows 2 minute drill yesterday he was 3 for 4 in passing and a TD.....damn that sucks ship him out. Orton was 4 for 6 and a TD, Quinn was intercepted.

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Put yourself in Foxes shoes. If you think about it from Fox's perspective, Orton is the logical pick for the coaches to make. Orton's weakness is he doesn't improvise very well when the play breaks down, Tebow's weakness is he can't execute plays and so he improvises. If you were the coach or offensive coordinator, who would you pick- the guy who will execute the play you call with a decent level of success or the guy who will go out there and just wing it?

He cant execute? he threw 64% in the preseason last year. And threw 50% in 3 starts with no 1st team reps

Davii
08-04-2011, 07:34 PM

I get it now! Since "several experts" don't see the wisdom of benching a veteran qb for a raw project guy then that means Elway and Fox want him to play TE and 9th qb while making ramen noodles for the disadvantaged kids in Monaco.

This thread makes no sense.

red98
08-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Npba900

I get it now! Since "several experts" don't see the wisdom of benching a veteran qb for a raw project guy then that means Elway and Fox want him to play TE and 9th qb while making ramen noodles for the disadvantaged kids in Monaco.

tautological

Npba900
08-04-2011, 08:03 PM
He cant execute? he threw 64% in the preseason last year. And threw 50% in 3 starts with no 1st team reps

Tebow is there for marketing purposes. Talent has nothing to do with it. (just ignore the man behind the curtain...*.follow the shiny object and enjoy!)

rationalfan
08-04-2011, 08:03 PM
if my only exposure to tim tebow was through this message board, i'd probably be a huge kyle orton fan.

Npba900
08-04-2011, 08:10 PM

Tebow is a better politician than a quarterback. He appeals to all the mom and apple pie types.

Let's hope Fox, Elway and the front office are not intent on making decision based on fan popularity rather than actual ability. Anybody who has watched Tebow knows he doesn't throw accurately or quickly, doesn't get back from center well, and can't read defenses. He does shill for nice looking underwear however.

The people who support Tebow don't care about facts, scouting, or anything empirical. Timmy is their boy!

Npba900
08-04-2011, 08:15 PM
if my only exposure to tim tebow was through this message board, i'd probably be a huge kyle orton fan.

The sooner Tebow starts playing tight end, the sooner he can contribute*. :laugh:

Orton To Tebow for 28 yds.......TOUCH DOWN BABY!!!:D

Andrew Luck to Tebow for 42 yds.....TOUCH DOWN!!!!!!:laugh:

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Tebow is a better politician than a quarterback. He appeals to all the mom and apple pie types.

Let's hope Fox, Elway and the front office are not intent on making decision based on fan popularity rather than actual ability. Anybody who has watched Tebow knows he doesn't throw accurately or quickly, doesn't get back from center well, and can't read defenses. He does shill for nice looking underwear however.

The people who support Tebow don't care about facts, scouting, or anything empirical. Timmy is their boy!

I support Tebow and I care a great deal about facts. Fact- the Broncos when led by Tim Tebow never scored fewer points than the Broncos averaged when led by Kyle Orton. Fact- points are the deciding factor in Football games.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 08:36 PM
How could anyone expect Orton to be part of a team that wins any more than that?

He never has before . . . :coffee:

-----

erm ok....let's see here he had a winning record with a decent run game, a good defense, no o line and a great defense before he came to denver...im not sure what you're basing this statement on.

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 08:39 PM
erm ok....let's see here he had a winning record with a decent run game, a good defense, no o line and a great defense before he came to denver...im not sure what you're basing this statement on.

Top is being sarcastic. He's an Orton fan and a Bronco fan (didn't want you to get the wrong idea old man). ;)

Tned
08-04-2011, 08:44 PM

First, nearly all of that is speculation on your part, plain and simple. Second, you are the second person in as many days to claim Tebow is third on the depth chart, even though there is zero evidence of that. He has been coming in second most practices other than the first team practice.

Npba900
08-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Michael Vick is a better athlete and better thrower than Tebow will ever be and I’m not sold he can be a winning quarterback in the post-2005 NFL, which is dominated by quarterbacks who are accurate and can run the no-huddle flawlessly.

As great as Tebow is as an athlete, he runs a 4.7 40, which isn’t particularly fast for a NFL quarterback. His footwork isn’t the greatest either. In many ways, Tebow looks like a combination of Steve Grogan and Joe Kapp. Sorry for going old school on you, doesn’t work now in a league dominated by great passers.

Npba900
08-04-2011, 08:52 PM
First, nearly all of that is speculation on your part, plain and simple. Second, you are the second person in as many days to claim Tebow is third on the depth chart, even though there is zero evidence of that. He has been coming in second most practices other than the first team practice.

Meh! What's wrong with speculation? Its training camp followed with the pre-season games. What better time to speculate and be opinionated than now.:beer:

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 08:53 PM

pre-season stats... really?

Agent of Orange
08-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Michael Vick is a better athlete and better thrower than Tebow will ever be and I’m not sold he can be a winning quarterback in the post-2005 NFL, which is dominated by quarterbacks who are accurate and can run the no-huddle flawlessly.

As great as Tebow is as an athlete, he runs a 4.7 40, which isn’t particularly fast for a NFL quarterback. His footwork isn’t the greatest either. In many ways, Tebow looks like a combination of Steve Grogan and Joe Kapp. Sorry for going old school on you, doesn’t work now in a league dominated by great passers.

Roethlisberger is not the passer that Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rivers are. Pittsburgh's won more SBs than the Saints, Colts, and Patriots from 2005 on.

rationalfan
08-04-2011, 08:57 PM

it's the myth-building process. tebow nuts want to make it seem like the entire world was against their hero, that he was in danger of being cut from the team. then, wouldn't you know it, tebow fights back and reclaims exactly what he was destined to have - the starting QB spot for the broncos.

this is a basic archetype found all over ancient mythology and the bible. think it's a coincidence tebow is the latest evangelical demi-god? i don't.

and for the record, i really hope tebow succeeds. i also really hope orton succeeds. they're BOTH underdogs who have been fighting criticism about their abilities for years (a fact clearly forgotten this preseason).

Agent of Orange
08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
pre-season stats... really?

Nevermind that. At no point last year did Tebow look absolutely overwhelmed like you expect to see from rookie QBs. The speed of the game wasnt too fast for him like a lot of other rookie QBs. And he's right, when Tebow entered the lineup last year, a lot was working against him. He was a rookie that hadnt seen significatn time since training camp going against veteran NFL players (in most cases) that had been playing for several weeks.

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM

You know what's hilarious about all of this idiocy? If Orton gets an Ow-eee in Preseason and tweaks an ankle, bruises some ribs, or hurts a knee, and Tebow gets a chance to play, we may NEVER see Orton play another down of football in Denver...

It's a long Preseason, and anything can happen. Orton has had his chance and Tebow will get his, it may or may not be here in Denver, but ANYTHING can happen. Just ask Kurt Warner, who was bagging groceries when he got a call because Trent Green tore a knee. Tom Brady may NEVER have gotten to play if Drew Bledsoe didn't nearly die after taking a brutal hit running out of bounds...

Once the pads go on and game time starts, anything can happen. Orton has NEVER finished a season healthy, not one time dating back to his Purdue days. Tebow or Quinn will get their chance.

Moving Tebow to TE or HB is simply ridiculous. The guy finished college football as one of the greatest college QBs to ever play the game and he has plenty of arm and intelligence to succeed as an NFL QB.

NorCalBronco7
08-04-2011, 09:28 PM
You guys can keep touting Tebows stats all day, but his body of work isnt enough to justify him starting. He got to be the best Qb in TC or be so close to the best that his potential franchise status is the deciding factor.

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 09:29 PM
it's the myth-building process. tebow nuts want to make it seem like the entire world was against their hero, that he was in danger of being cut from the team. then, wouldn't you know it, tebow fights back and reclaims exactly what he was destined to have - the starting QB spot for the broncos.

this is a basic archetype found all over ancient mythology and the bible. think it's a coincidence tebow is the latest evangelical demi-god? i don't.

and for the record, i really hope tebow succeeds. i also really hope orton succeeds. they're BOTH underdogs who have been fighting criticism about their abilities for years (a fact clearly forgotten this preseason).

I think you lump too many people in that "Tebow Fan Club" group... Most of us here are DENVER fans, not Tebow fans, most of us were and still are VERY skeptical of the Tebow pick last year by a dumbass coach and GM.

Most of us, or at least a LOT of us are also SMART enough to see what Orton offers this team, and what Orton offers this team is AVERAGE QB play, and below average QB play on 3rd down, in the redzone, or when the game is close in the 4th quarter.

Many want to see Tebow simply because we've seen ENOUGH of Orton. Why is that so hard to understand?

Northman
08-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Can someone please go play with NPBA in the political forum? He is clearly bringing his lunacy into the regular part and we just cant have that. K thanks.

Npba900
08-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Can someone please go play with NPBA in the political forum? He is clearly bringing his lunacy into the regular part and we just cant have that. K thanks.

Oh boy listen to you. What's the matter? Only Group Think is allowed on this forum where you are concerned??

Take it easy dude we are all allowed to give opinions. Don't get upset because you can't handle someones opinion. :welcome:

Northman
08-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Oh boy listen to you. What's the matter? Only Group Think is allowed on this forum where you are concerned??

Take it easy dude we are all allowed to give opinions. Don't get upset because you can't handle someones opinion. :welcome:

I was joking with you mate. ;)

The Glue Factory
08-05-2011, 02:05 PM
But seriously, take your meds. All these posts show you aren't playing in the same world the rest of us are.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Tim Tebow's future is most likely as a starting QB in the NFL. Someone will develop him, someone will take a chance on him, and someone will start him. With his work ethic, he'll probably be successful. Maybe it's Denver and maybe it's not, but if we cut/trade this guy and ends up in a place like Philly or Green Bay where he gets coached up, he will be successful.

His future is not playing TE/FB. Just get it out of your mind. It won't happen.

In the right situation, I could easily see Tebow being another Roethlisberger type (without the rape) who isn't the best passer, but he can extend plays, throws a good deep ball, and can scramble when he needs to and lead his team to wins. No, Big Ben isn't a premier passer, but his intangibles make him a top 10 QB in the league and a 2 time Superbowl Champ. Tebow has exactly the same type of playing style. In the right situation, he could easily be the next Big Ben. That's more than adequate to start in this league.

Ravage!!!
08-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Big Ben is however, a MUCH MUCH better passer than Tebow. He's good in the pocket and knows how to read defenses. Its why he was a top QB in a good class of QBs.

EastCoastBronco
08-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Many want to see Tebow simply because we've seen ENOUGH of Orton. Why is that so hard to understand?

Amen to that...

tomjonesrocks
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM

Indeed, that is discouraging. Despite his apparently great work ethic he hasn't gotten better. Unsure what conclusion can be made about that other than great concern...

Nomad
08-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I think you lump too many people in that "Tebow Fan Club" group... Most of us here are DENVER fans, not Tebow fans, most of us were and still are VERY skeptical of the Tebow pick last year by a dumbass coach and GM.

Most of us, or at least a LOT of us are also SMART enough to see what Orton offers this team, and what Orton offers this team is AVERAGE QB play, and below average QB play on 3rd down, in the redzone, or when the game is close in the 4th quarter.

What you said is right on!

And hopefully HP56 is right, if not we'll move along on the BRONCOS QB quest!

Northman
08-10-2011, 11:56 AM
it's the myth-building process. tebow nuts want to make it seem like the entire world was against their hero,

Funny, thats how you are when dicussing McD. :lol:

weazel
08-10-2011, 12:08 PM

Looks like you rattled the Teboner's cages with this post. Fear the wrath of the Teboners!

DallasChief
08-10-2011, 12:10 PM
This place needs a few more Tebow threads.

Northman
08-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Man, the slumlords of Broncoland has flocked to this site recently.

weazel
08-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Tim Tebows future...
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7783/titletownux6.jpg

Ravage!!!
08-10-2011, 12:52 PM
It does make me wonder a bit. I think Tebow is a hard worker, but does he really work on the right things? I mean, its obvious he loves the weight room, so I'm sure he works hard there and on his endurance.

But we heard from Tebow, between his Junior and Senior years at Florida, that he was goign to work on his throwing motion so that teams could SEE that he was capable of being an NFL QB (he didnt like people saying he couldn't make it ). But he didn't work on it during that offseason and played his entire senior year with the SAME problems that he had before.

Then he was supposed to change it and work on it before the combine. He did, but it seems he only worked on it long enough so that the scouts could see he has made strides. Now we are past his 2nd professional offseason, and he still hasn't improved much on his mechanics.

I don't think Tebow really WANTS to change anything. I think he wants to show the world that he can do it, and he can do it HIS way. Unconventional, unorthodox, or whatever you want to call it.

If we can see that Cutler has worked and changed his footwork, ON HIS OWN, during the offseason... and this is a guy that many here claim doesn't "care... then how come Tebow gets off so easy? We've read/heard that Flacco worked with a training group in the offseason to help him adapt the problems of being "too tall." And his mobility and moving in the pocket improved last season because of it. This wasn't working with the coaching staff in Baltimore, but working with a separate training group made to help professional athletes with their fundamentals.

So where is Tebow when it comes to this stuff? Why ISN'T he getting this kind of help and making strides faster than this...if he's supposed to be the hardest working kid in the NFL?

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 12:55 PM
It does make me wonder a bit. I think Tebow is a hard worker, but does he really work on the right things? I mean, its obvious he loves the weight room, so I'm sure he works hard there and on his endurance.

But we heard from Tebow, between his Junior and Senior years at Florida, that he was goign to work on his throwing motion so that teams could SEE that he was capable of being an NFL QB (he didnt like people saying he couldn't make it ). But he didn't work on it during that offseason and played his entire senior year with the SAME problems that he had before.

Then he was supposed to change it and work on it before the combine. He did, but it seems he only worked on it long enough so that the scouts could see he has made strides. Now we are past his 2nd professional offseason, and he still hasn't improved much on his mechanics.

I don't think Tebow really WANTS to change anything. I think he wants to show the world that he can do it, and he can do it HIS way. Unconventional, unorthodox, or whatever you want to call it.

If we can see that Cutler has worked and changed his footwork, ON HIS OWN, during the offseason... and this is a guy that many here claim doesn't "care... then how come Tebow gets off so easy? We've read/heard that Flacco worked with a training group in the offseason to help him adapt the problems of being "too tall." And his mobility and moving in the pocket improved last season because of it. This wasn't working with the coaching staff in Baltimore, but working with a separate training group made to help professional athletes with their fundamentals.

So where is Tebow when it comes to this stuff? Why ISN'T he getting this kind of help and making strides faster than this...if he's supposed to be the hardest working kid in the NFL?

According to reports he has been working on his throwing motion at practice trying to make sure he is doing it correctly on throws so his throws are slower. I could see him playing differently in a game and seeing his mechanics revert back a little bit.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Man, the slumlords of Broncoland has flocked to this site recently.

Stay off my turf.....

Ravage!!!
08-10-2011, 03:36 PM
According to reports he has been working on his throwing motion at practice trying to make sure he is doing it correctly on throws so his throws are slower. I could see him playing differently in a game and seeing his mechanics revert back a little bit.

I'm talking about the offseason. What was he working on? Why hasn't he gotten the coaching? Why is it that he didn't work on his mechanics between his junior and senior year like he said he was going to do? Why didn't he hire the coaching staff and work at the training facilities to get the proper training like other QBs in the league have done? If he absolutely knows (and he HAS to know) that he needs to work on this stuff, why ISN'T he?

I personally think Tebow wants to show the world that he can do it HIS way without having to change anything. WOrking hard at the gym, but not working overly hard on getting his mechanics down.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm talking about the offseason. What was he working on? Why hasn't he gotten the coaching? Why is it that he didn't work on his mechanics between his junior and senior year like he said he was going to do? Why didn't he hire the coaching staff and work at the training facilities to get the proper training like other QBs in the league have done? If he absolutely knows (and he HAS to know) that he needs to work on this stuff, why ISN'T he?

I personally think Tebow wants to show the world that he can do it HIS way without having to change anything. WOrking hard at the gym, but not working overly hard on getting his mechanics down.

Apparently he was working on his drops and passing. Not changing his mechanics.

Ravage!!!
08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Apparently he was working on his drops and passing. Not changing his mechanics.

Really? Beacuse that IS mechanics.

If he was working on passing, wouldn't that mean he was working on throwing correctly? Apparently not, and thats what I'm saying. If he was working on his passing to be accurate, then that was a major failure as well...especially if he didn't work on throwing the ball in a manner that would HELP him in the NFL.

NightTerror218
08-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Really? Beacuse that IS mechanics.

If he was working on passing, wouldn't that mean he was working on throwing correctly? Apparently not, and thats what I'm saying. If he was working on his passing to be accurate, then that was a major failure as well...especially if he didn't work on throwing the ball in a manner that would HELP him in the NFL.

Not if he is just working on his accuracy while keeping the same throwing motion, release and all.

He is still the reigning QB during TC on hitting the cross bar during practice....

Lancane
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Tim Tebows future...
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7783/titletownux6.jpg

http://shop.charactercompany.com/ekmps/shops/karinb/images/fry-cook-rooster-425-p.jpg

:lol:

Medford Bronco
08-10-2011, 08:42 PM

5-11 or 6-10 and 32% on 3rd down and some 4th Quarter meltdowns :lol:

In all seriousness this team needs a lot and will be lucky to win 7 games with any of our Qbs.

Medford Bronco
08-10-2011, 08:44 PM
http://shop.charactercompany.com/ekmps/shops/karinb/images/fry-cook-rooster-425-p.jpg

:lol:

This one fits Tebow :lol:http://kitchentalks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Burger-King.jpg This is a joke for all those who get offended btw;)

horsepig
08-10-2011, 09:34 PM

Ya know, I watched him play those last three games last year just like everybody else. What I saw was a QB that could all of a sudden light a frikkin high intesity fire under his team, a player that could suddenly make the game one Hell of a lot of fun to watch. Kind of reminds of a certain hall of famer who played one whole Hell of a lot of pretty shitty games over a very long career.

The hall of famer stunk the joint up so bad at times it made fans want to practically just jump off the proverbial cliff. Oh, wait a minute, 3 TDs in 5 minutes and he's the greatest ever, again. Dan Reeves turned from a 30 something into a tired looking gray haired ols fart coaching this guy with the perfect pocket presence and the endless patience to wait for plays to fully develop before taking off like an F-16 after a ****** raghead in a MIG.

I heard somewhere Fox wanted a gamer at QB. The gamer on this squad wears #15.

horsepig
08-10-2011, 09:44 PM
There have been plenty of comments comparing TTs 3 game stretch to any number of other first time starters, most notably Bradford and Stafford. The dif here is those guys had the reins and the reps and the off. geared just for them. Tebow stepped off the 10 foot out of the water rock as he yelled "hit it!", a slalom skier reference for you boys, and ran a pretty impressive and productive (they actually scored TDs) off.

Studes had no idea what to do with this guy. What's the game plan? Just go out there and do it against the best competition in the world kid. In my mind he did just that and more. I can't wait to see this kid get the reins.

TT has that "damn the torpedos men, get the frikkin whiners below decks, full speed ahead!" attitude that makes aggressive men want to KILL the enemy! I love that and I want to see him run this team. That's all from me on the QBs until they let the kid show his stuff with an off. designed just for his skills.

Northman
08-10-2011, 09:56 PM
There have been plenty of comments comparing TTs 3 game stretch to any number of other first time starters, most notably Bradford and Stafford. The dif here is those guys had the reins and the reps and the off. geared just for them. Tebow stepped off the 10 foot out of the water rock as he yelled "hit it!", a slalom skier reference for you boys, and ran a pretty impressive and productive (they actually scored TDs) off.

Studes had no idea what to do with this guy. What's the game plan? Just go out there and do it against the best competition in the world kid. In my mind he did just that and more. I can't wait to see this kid get the reins.

TT has that "damn the torpedos men, get the frikkin whiners below decks, full speed ahead!" attitude that makes aggressive men want to KILL the enemy! I love that and I want to see him run this team. That's all from me on the QBs until they let the kid show his stuff with an off. designed just for his skills.

Yep, ive pulled the stats with those guys and also explained the situation being vastly different for Tebow vs those guys. Good post. :beer:

horsepig
08-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks North.

G_Money
08-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Time. Tebow needs time. He has all the competitive fire one would ever need to see, and on a running team with a good D, Tim could be very good.

If he has to throw for 4500 yards for us to win anything, that's not gonna happen. 3,000 by air, 500 on the ground, 2 minute drill is his baby, and anything inside the 10 is a TD?

Yeah, that's probably more like it. So get him a great line, a serious grind-em-out running game (that he will be a part of with scrambles both planned and unplanned), and a defense that doesn't give up 40 points a game and he might be something.

With some time and patience. Maybe not - maybe like Hoge says he's pathetic and a joke of a QB...but I didn't see that last year and he's got that certain something on a football field for sure.

He just needs to not have to be the best player on the team. Emotional leader? Gritty warrior? You betcha. But if he's your best NFL player you're in trouble. He is not and will not be Peyton Manning. He'll make too many mistakes for that.

But part of the beauty of his game is in the messy parts, when things go wrong. If that's not the kind of QB you want, don't put him in charge.

I think that can be a winner on the right team. If Fox builds the D and running game he had in Carolina, Tebow will be fine IMO...after some bumps.

But I can completely understand going in a different direction if we can't or won't build that team or take that time.

~G