PDA

View Full Version : pn Weds Training Camp Report

pnbronco
08-04-2011, 12:17 PM
I have gone back and forth a bunch if I should take the time to write this. First of all I hate writing, have most of my life. Second I hate all the fighting about Kyle and Tim. They are both people trying to do the best they can to win a very, very tough job. Most of all I am a women that has never played Madden and could not tell you a formation if my life depended on it. I am a fan that has a business that gives me more time off than most during camp. I went to most of the camps the last 2 years and yesterday was my first for this year. So what I writing is based on what I have seen from the last several years.

Yesterday was so different than last year. When I walked in the first thing I noticed was that the energy was down. The fans have been through a lot this last year and I think we are trying to hold our emotions in and not get too excited about anything. The lock out certainly didn't help either. Also the Tebow craze was way down. Did not see the hundreds and hundreds of jerseys like I did last year and hear people talk how he was going to save us all. Last year every time the kid touched the ball people were clapping regardless of what happened, so for me it was great to just enjoy the practice with out the hype.

The practice was really different too. They had on pads and helmets, but the hitting and intensity was way down. The O was on our side of the field so that's mainly what I saw.

For our female reader, dang Decker is hotter than ever. In fact he's hotter than Brady Quinn now. When he took his helmet off I went wow, so I really enjoyed the stretching.......:D

It was so great to see Elvis out there. He has such a great presence with his team mates. I think everyone really missed the person last year as well as the player. When they were going to do routes that had both O and D I heard Doom going Kyle get over here it's time. Then he was joking with Kyle and the D huddled up and Kyle said something like Elvis you better watch out you're in the wrong neighborhood.

Franklin is a big, big boy and has a big presence. There were doing what I call a trench drill where a O went again a D lineman and man he was swallowing Elvis up like a little kid. Clady looked much better to me, I don't think he was recovered last year when he came back. Also Walton and Beadles are much more in tune with the line. So I'm hopeful that they can gel faster this season when things start to count.

They did lots of running drills and lots of short passes to a RB. Moreno did great catching passes, but he is not the clear 1st IMO. He was getting stopped a lot on running plays and he can't seem to break through. Bell had a really nice break through when he was stopped at the line. Fannie got lots of reps, some really good, others ok. Johnson had some great runs, plus he made adjustments for yards more than once. I noticed Minor more than once with nice runs too.

Kyle had a lot of reps with TE's yesterday. Richard Quinn has gotten better at catching. The person that has gotten a lot better was Gronkowski his timing with Orton was so much better and he was catching everything that was going his way. Plus he is a big kid. It's funny he's 6-5 and Thomas is 6-4 but Dan just seemed a lot bigger. Thomas was ok in the reg drills, but did he turn it up a bunch in the 2 minute drills, he kept getting open and caught some tough passes. Looking forward to watching him a lot more.

For the WR Lloyd is still catching everything coming his way. It's great to watch him and Champ go against each other, I think they bring the best out of each other. Eddie is looking much more like the Eddie of old. He's getting open more and just has a much lighter attitude. He was smiling so much more than last year and just has a lighter step. Plus he is getting some chemistry with Orton that I had not seen before. It's good to see Deckers healthy, he can flat get open and catch those hard passes.

Willis man this kid can play if he stays healthy. He caught a short pass from Tebow in the 2 minute drill that looked like short gain, did a spin to the outside and ran for at least 20 more yards. The entire O burst out in a cheer, Moreno and Lloyd ran out to him did the spin around him and then bumped and high fived. It was a true highlight. Tebows team scored in the 2 minute drill because of that move. Then Britt Davis caught the scoring TD and it was a great catch. The kid had improved a whole lot, being on the PS has really helped him a lot.

Can't say too much about the other WR, but Goodwin did catch a unbelievable long pass from Weber. So that may have gotten him on the PS.

The D was swarming more than I had seen this early in practice. Miller and Vickerson were causing a lot of havoc. I did notice that Lee Robinson broke through the line and stopped Bell in his tracks. Irving had a bunch of great stops and I think a INT. In fact my first thought was when the heck did Ayers grow dreads, found out he had traded # with Irving (Irving 56, Ayers is now 91). Did notice Moore several times being in the middle of everything.

For me the other person that was great to see out there is Goodman. He is just always around the ball. McCarthy was out there a lot but I think it's because Dawkins wasn't. Carter got a lot of reps also. Bruton seems to be healthy again and had several nice stops. Champ is still Champ and will cause who ever is there problems.

From this time last year all the QB's have improved. Kyle is so much faster on his reads, he's not focusing on one WR. He is getting the ball on the money to all the first WR and TE and RB. They had a drill where they had to call one play after another and when they got about half way the next team did the same thing. Kyle just had a better command of calling the plays and moving the team than I had ever seen. In the reps he and Thomas were so, so, but in the 2 minute drill they just connected. He is more relaxed than I have ever seen him and having a lot more interaction with his team mates.

Tebow and Quinn looked like they were splitting the time between the 2's and 3's. IMO there is no clear # 2 QB at this time. Quinn is releasing faster but still has accuracy problems, but he is better than last year. Tebow has gotten more accurate, not great yet, but definitely better and his throws does have some zip, but he is taking forever to release. It seems the plays are still really fast for him and he's taking too long to think it all out, I saw the same thing in Kyle his first year and Quinn last year. Plus he did run once when he was not suppose to and wants to a lot, you can just see it.

I saw something yesterday that I had never seen from Tim, his head and shoulders dropped, he got down. He's a great kid, hard, hard worker and really trying to do his best. He just needs time. I can't remember which receiver dropped a pass of his and he talked to that player after about what happened and gave the it's all good pat. After the 2 minutes drill when their team scored Tebow and Willis were like 2 kids that had found the treasure chest on the side lines, it was fun to watch.

Weber was really not good. He did have a super long pass to Goodwin that was just beautiful, but for the most part, he's got a very long way to go.

GEM
08-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks P!! :D

WARHORSE
08-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Ahhhh.

See?

Somebody does love us.

And its Pola.

Im buying the first round when I get up there Pola.:beer:

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks Pn. :beer: :salute:

What you said sounds very similar to Cecil Lammeny's report.

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
great read. Thanks Pn..... awesome to hear your observations!

LordTrychon
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
So what you're saying is that the FO is playing games it shouldn't be, and Tebow will start?

Did I read that right?

pnbronco
08-04-2011, 01:11 PM
So what you're saying is that the FO is playing games it shouldn't be, and Tebow will start?

Did I read that right?

No what I'm saying is Kyle is the # 1 QB in that he can read the plays, release faster than I have ever seen him and is commanding the huddle. Plus I hope the O line gels must faster this year and we have running game again.

I just wish the fans would back off and let Tebow develope or not. He's a great kid but he is not ready to be thrown into the fire and I'm afraid that if he does start too soon it will hurt his long term development. This is from this fans point of view. The only thing I can compare him to is Aaron Rogers, what I heard was that he was not ready for the NFL when he first came in and it just took time for him to grasp the speed of the game at the NFL level. Now he is considered a great QB.

Tim is a hard, hard worker and I did see improvement for last year, but IMO he is just not ready to be # 1.

LordTrychon
08-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Soooooo.... Tebow's a bust, you say?

;)

I'm just playin' with ya, Pn. You should know better.

pnbronco
08-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Soooooo.... Tebow's a bust, you say?

;)

I'm just playin' with ya, Pn. You should know better.

I use too, this last year was hard on everyone, esp fluffy old me....:D

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks PN I know how it grates on you to write stuff

But Darling, your our eyes and ears out there. :salute:

Anything you can Share when you go is muchas gracious.

Inwould lOve to see Tebow the starter this year but when he came into the league everyone said he was a two-three year project. Which I'm fine with. Some of us have more patience than others.

pnbronco
08-04-2011, 02:10 PM
thaks LS.... that's why I wrote it up because I know that most of us can not get out there and I'm just lucky that I can.

BTW I'm a tech dummy but did take a couple of picture of Decker, like I said he was hot. Gem was kind enough to post them in the Hot Man Thread, thanks Gem...you're the best!!!

slim
08-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Nice job, pn.

Next time, can you maybe take a picture of Joe Mays?

pnbronco
08-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Nice job, pn.

Will do, I really like Joe he's a great guy. Plus I will try to get one of Franklin so you get a feeling of big that kid is. I will still someone to help me get these on the board....

If it makes you feel better Julius Thomas is standing by Decker in the 2nd picture so you can get a idea how tall he is.....

Nomad
08-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Good write up and thanks, pn! I'm not a video game person either. We will see how things pan out in weeks to come regardless of what I would like to see happen, but I will still watch/cheer on the BRONCOS.

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Nice job, pn.

Will do, I really Joe he's a great guy. Plus I will try to get one of Franklin so you get a feeling of big that kid is. I will still someone to help me get these on the board....

If it makes you feel better Julius Thomas is standing by Decker in the 2nd picture so you can get a idea how tall he is.....

I hear Slim is a sucker for big beefy arms that's why he wants you take a picture of Mays. :shocked:

WARHORSE
08-04-2011, 07:38 PM
thaks LS.... that's why I wrote it up because I know that most of us can not get out there and I'm just lucky that I can.

BTW I'm a tech dummy but did take a couple of picture of Decker, like I said he was hot. Gem was kind enough to post them in the Hot Man Thread, thanks Gem...you're the best!!!

Especially those of us in the middle of the Pacific.......oh, and uh.....thanks for the tips on Decker, but prolly wont be checkin him out.

I do want to go into the Hot Man thread and see the one of him and Franklin together, but Im afraid someone might see me in there....

Not any of the men in here of course......more the brokebackers Im afraid of like Beef. :D

Lancane
08-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Did I read that right?

No, but it does sound like the games they have played are effecting the morale of the fans and the team in whole, as well as Tebow himself.

bcbronc
08-04-2011, 08:14 PM
No, but it does sound like the games they have played are effecting the morale of the fans and the team in whole, as well as Tebow himself.

If Tebow's moral is so fragile it crumbles at some competition, then I guess he doesn't have the intagibles people claim.