PDA

View Full Version : Krieger: Starting Orton over Tebow is a vote for Broncos' credibility

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Fwiw.

krieger: Starting orton over tebow is a vote for broncos' credibility
by dave krieger
denver post columnist
posted: 08/04/2011 01:00:00 am

If Lloyd is any barometer, the faith of the locker room could be at stake. (this is the last sentence of the article.)

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18613203

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Didnt Lloyd say "All off season I was getting ready for Tim to be our QB " too?

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 08:38 AM
It's only when the chips are down that Orton is exposed, his detractors say. As proof, they point to last year, when his overall passer rating was 87.5, but his "clutch" passer rating — during the fourth quarter of close games — was 58.4.

Read more: Krieger: Starting Orton over Tebow is a vote for Broncos' credibility - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18613203#ixzz1U4EFYKDS
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Orton is a joke. For that matter, so are we. Lloyd has more waffles than IHOP.

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Morale Boosters
http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/9170054-large.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Matt+Barkley+_ScR75R4fPCm.jpg

Slick
08-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Screw the locker room. Those guys lost a shitload of games.

BroncoWave
08-04-2011, 08:59 AM
You do realize there are a gaggle of other teams who want those 2 QBs? Even if we are bad this year it's no guarantee that we will get one of those guys. I would say there are no fewer than 9-10 teams that would very much not mind winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. The odds of that team being us aren't particularly high.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Screw the locker room. Those guys lost a shitload of games.

Just think... If we lose the locker room, we would win only like 5-6 games. Right?

I could live with that :lol:

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 09:01 AM
factor in the return of Doom and Ayers alone and our defense gets respectable, then give me depth in the middle of the d line and the addition of Miller, Moore, Carter, Fox and Allen and we would have to try hard to be as bad as last year.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 09:03 AM

Lloyd was trying to be a team player in the offseason, now that it's obvious fox won't cave or pander to the fan base, he can say how he really feels.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 09:05 AM
factor in the return of Doom and Ayers alone and our defense gets respectable, then give me depth in the middle of the d line and the addition of Miller, Moore, Carter, Fox and Allen and we would have to try hard to be as bad as last year.

So.... With Orton instead of losing games 54-14.... We'll be losing games 21-14...

SWEET!!!!!

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 09:13 AM
So.... With Orton instead of losing games 54-14.... We'll be losing games 21-14...

SWEET!!!!!

spin it however you like. The guy does it in practice is the guy that will start. It's simple really. This isn't some government entitlement program it's not Pop Werner. It's the NFL. I want Tebow to win the job. Just because Im not advocating handing him the reins doesn't mean I don't like him, but I don't think it serves any purpose to just give the team to him if he hasn't earned it.

I also don't think it's fair to pin all the Broncos woes on Orton. zero running game and no depth on defense helped to make us what we were last year too.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 09:15 AM

Maybe they are keeping Orton around because he has one of the best Red Zone TD% in the league. Better then teams like the NYJ, Pitt, Ravens, Oakland, Philly, Bears, Bucs, Saints, St.louis, and Seattle. All of which most of those teams went to the Playoffs, and had a dominant run game. The Broncos leaned on Kyle Ortons arm around the redzone.

So the Broncos had to lean on Orton, and his arm when inside the Redzone. Because this team didn't have a run game, the team leaned on Kyle more ways then you think.

Although Kyle is a top ranked redzone% player, and he knows how to get it done in the redzone.

Team can't lean on Tebow, he just aint an NFL QB. He is just another Florida Gator, Hiesman bust.

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Maybe they are keeping Orton around because he has one of the best Red Zone TD% in the league. Better then teams like the NYJ, Pitt, Ravens, Oakland, Philly, Bears, Bucs, Saints, St.louis, and Seattle. All of which most of those teams went to the Playoffs, and had a dominant run game.

So the Broncos had to lean on Orton, and his arm when inside the Redzone. Because this team didn't have a run game, the team leaned on Kyle more ways then you think.

Although Kyle is a top ranked redzone% player, and he knows how to get it done in the redzone.

Team can't lean on Tebow, he just aint an NFL QB. He is just another Florida Gator, Hiesman bust.

Right I've never heard before that Orton has the best red zone % in the League.

If what you said was true which I doubt for team that leaned on the best red zone td % in the League we sure did stink at scoring touchdown. :coffee:

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Maybe they are keeping Orton around because he has one of the best Red Zone TD% in the league. Better then teams like the NYJ, Pitt, Ravens, Oakland, Philly, Bears, Bucs, Saints, St.louis, and Seattle. All of which most of those teams went to the Playoffs, and had a dominant run game. The Broncos leaned on Kyle Ortons arm around the redzone.

So a qb completes 43% of his passes in the Red zone and "He's one of the best redzone QB's???? His 67 red zone passes for 13 td's = 19.4 td%

Really?

Just to give you a comparison.... Alex Smith completed 71.4% of his "red zone passes" 42 red zone passes 9 td- 21.4%

Orton is not even as good as Alex FREAKING Smith in the red zone....

Slick
08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
I also don't think it's fair to pin all the Broncos woes on Orton. zero running game and no depth on defense helped to make us what we were last year too.

People need to stop saying this. It is simply not true. Orton had all of this in Chicago, he still sucked. Why else would they have shipped him off for our guy at the time and two number ones?

claymore
08-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Orton sucks. Just not nearly as bad as Tebow and Quinn. /thread

Slick
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Orton sucks. Just not nearly as bad as Tebow and Quinn. /thread

What he needs is 5 Hall of Fame offensive lineman in front of him, giving him practice like conditions during the games.

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 09:38 AM
What he needs is 5 Hall of Fame offensive lineman in front of him, giving him practice like conditions during the games.

Wouldn't that also mean that opposing defensive coordinators have to give Orton practice like conditions?

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah having Orton as your starting QB screams credibility. :laugh:

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 09:46 AM
So a qb completes 43% of his passes in the Red zone and "He's one of the best redzone QB's???? His 67 red zone passes for 13 td's = 19.4 td%

Really?

Just to give you a comparison.... Alex Smith completed 71.4% of his "red zone passes" 42 red zone passes 9 td- 21.4%

Orton is not even as good as Alex FREAKING Smith in the red zone....

It may hurt when I tell you this. But yes, Kyles numbers proves he was one of the best in the league in the RedZone. San Diego was about 0.1% better in the Redzone then we were last season.

The Redzone TD%. So meaning if, the Broncos made it to the redzone, they were scoring at a higher rate then all of those playoff teams i named.

Im not sure what you are talking about with Alex Smith, but the 49ers were one of the last ranked teams in the redzone. Almost 10% lower then the Broncos.

Yes, I was suprised at this statistic aswell. Somebody was hammering me with this point earlier, so I looked it up. We ranked 13th in the league. Better then alot of Playoff teams.

Although the team gave up 400 yards a game "32nd Ranked", one of the worst pass defenses, and the last ranked run defense. The team was litterally last in Sacks, and Interceptions in the league. We gave up 154 yards a game on the ground, and we only rushed 96 yards a game. The teams defense is in really bad shape.

All the attention went away from the last ranked defense, and the 400 yards a game they give up, to Kyle Orton.

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 09:51 AM
And Kyle Orton is better than John Elway and Terry Bradshaw is the best QB Eva!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
And Kyle Orton is better than John Elway and Terry Bradshaw is the best QB Eva!!!!!!!!!!!

So Kyle Orton is your hero.

You love it. because deep down inside, you can feel the statistics pounding broad hear say points.

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
So Kyle Orton is your hero.

You love it. because deep down inside, you can feel the statistics pounding broad hear say points.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/15/129080449885938994.jpg

Lancane
08-04-2011, 10:02 AM
It may hurt when I tell you this. But yes, Kyles numbers proves he was one of the best in the league in the RedZone. San Diego was about 0.1% better in the Redzone then we were last season.

The Redzone TD%. So meaning if, the Broncos made it to the redzone, they were scoring at a higher rate then all of those playoff teams i named.

Im not sure what you are talking about with Alex Smith, but the 49ers were one of the last ranked teams in the redzone. Almost 10% lower then the Broncos.

Yes, I was suprised at this statistic aswell. Somebody was hammering me with this point earlier, so I looked it up. We ranked 13th in the league. Better then alot of Playoff teams.

Although the team gave up 400 yards a game "32nd Ranked", one of the worst pass defenses, and the last ranked run defense. The team was litterally last in Sacks, and Interceptions in the league. We gave up 154 yards a game on the ground, and we only rushed 96 yards a game. The teams defense is in really bad shape.

All the attention went away from the last ranked defense, and the 400 yards a game they give up, to Kyle Orton.

Shhhh... It's called denial, and you can get help! ;)

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Shhhh... It's called denial, and you can get help! ;)

lol..

I hate the tebow fan club. They are ruining it for broncos fans.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 10:06 AM

Ok... that stats is a TEAM stats.. NOT a "Kyle Orton" stat. Team meaning we RAN for touchdowns ( See Tebow and HIS RUNNING of touchdowns...) It has nothing to do with "Kyle Orton being great in the red zone"

Stats wise for PASSING- Kyle Orton was one of the WORST in the NFL last year.

He completed 43% of his passes INSIDE the 20 ( Red zone). You cannot "Carry his team" by throwing 6 out of 10 passes incomplete.

Jay Cutler- 52,5% comp 59 Red zone passes- 15 TD 25.4% td
Ryan Fitzparick 51.7% comp 60 14 TD 23.3% td
Josh Freeman 60% comp 50 15td 30% td
Phillip Rivers 50.7% comp 73 18td 24.6% td
Matt Cassell- 51.0% com 51 18td 35.3% td

So yes... "Kyle Orton was one of the NFL's WORST End Zone QB's in 2010-11"

Lancane
08-04-2011, 10:08 AM
lol..

I'm not a Tebow fanatic, which is quite funny actually...because I'm very critical of him and have suggested that Denver will be drafting a quarterback in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

And I could say I hate fans of mediocrity and hypocrisy, that they too are ruining it for Broncos' fans who wish for the club to be better! That's the thing in life, everything has a two-way street about it...

;)

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 10:09 AM

WTF... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 10:13 AM
lol..

I'm a member of the Andrew Luck Fan Club. I could care less who backs him up next year as long as he's the Denver Broncos starting QB.

I didn't like the Orton signing and trade, almost nobody who is a Denver fan did. I didn't like the Quinn trade for Hillis, almost nobody who is a Denver fan did. I didn't like the Tebow draft, can't speak for how many others did or didn't, but after watching Orton suck when it matters Barney the Dinosaur could be under center and I would have more confidence that he could pull off a comeback or win a tight game than Orton.

Once again, for the reading-impaired... MOST OF US DON'T CARE IF IT'S QUINN OR TEBOW, JUST ANYONE BUT ORTON.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Ok... that stats is a TEAM stats.. NOT a "Kyle Orton" stat. Team meaning we RAN for touchdowns ( See Tebow and HIS RUNNING of touchdowns...) It has nothing to do with "Kyle Orton being great in the red zone"

He completed 43% of his passes INSIDE the 20 ( Red zone). You cannot "Carry his team" by throwing 6 out of 10 passes incomplete.

You can compile all the completion numbers you want. It may have been ugly, with no run game last season, but Yes Kyle Orton and the Broncos were one of the best in the Redzone last season. 16% better then the New York Jets. The Jets only scored had a 40% TD percentage in the Redzone. The Broncos were scoring TDs at a rate of 55.8 in the redzone.

Scoring wasn't the problem last season either. The Broncos had the 13th best offense in the league with one of the last ranked running games.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm a member of the Andrew Luck Fan Club. I could care less who backs him up next year as long as he's the Denver Broncos starting QB.

I didn't like the Orton signing and trade, almost nobody who is a Denver fan did. I didn't like the Quinn trade for Hillis, almost nobody who is a Denver fan did. I didn't like the Tebow draft, can't speak for how many others did or didn't, but after watching Orton suck when it matters Barney the Dinosaur could be under center and I would have more confidence that he could pull off a comeback or win a tight game than Orton.

Once again, for the reading-impaired... MOST OF US DON'T CARE IF IT'S QUINN OR TEBOW, JUST ANYONE BUT ORTON.

don't shoot the messenger

BroncoWave
08-04-2011, 10:14 AM
You can compile all the completion numbers you want. It may have been ugly, with no run game last season, but Yes Kyle Orton and the Broncos were one of the best in the Redzone last season. 16% better then the New York Jets. The Jets only scored had a 40% TD percentage in the Redzone. The Broncos were scoring TDs at a rate of 55.8 in the redzone.

Scoring wasn't the problem last season either. The Broncos had the 13th best offense in the league with one of the last ranked running games.

Take out the number of those red zone TDs that were scored by Tim Tebow and let's go over that percentage again.

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 10:16 AM

WTF are you talking about????

Denver ranked 19th in the NFL in scoring, and half of those redzone scores came from Tebow running or throwing it in because Orton doesn't get it done.

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
don't shoot the messenger

No offense Hammered, but sometimes your message doesn't make much sense.

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Thank you. FIrst he says that Kyle is the best, then he says "one of the best".. then he uses the TEAM stats to use for Kyle Orton stat. THIS is why stats never tell the whole story. :tsk:

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
When Tim Tebow ran his 5 td's for our "Red ZOne" offense.....How about Know's 5 "red zone rushing td's"

As a team we scored in the red zone...... Kyle Orton was one if not THE WORST "red zone qb's" in the NFL last year.

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 10:30 AM
When Tim Tebow ran his 5 td's for our "Red ZOne" offense.....How about Know's 5 "red zone rushing td's"

As a team we scored in the red zone...... Kyle Orton was one if not THE WORST "red zone qb's" in the NFL last year.

Hence why after studying Orton the Cardinals opted to pay out the ass for Kevin Kolb.

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Hence why after studying Orton the Cardinals opted to pay out the ass for Kevin Kolb.

The Cardinals at that Orton was their second option. They wanted Kolb first and foremost and Kyle was second. However that means Orton was distant second.

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 10:34 AM

"Look at the tape, tape dont lie"
Deion

topscribe
08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
People need to stop saying this. It is simply not true. Orton had all of this in Chicago, he still sucked. Why else would they have shipped him off for our guy at the time and two number ones?

Has anybody come to the realization that Chicago is ancient history? It is
amazing to me that some of those who are now talking about Orton in Chicago
are the same ones who previously said they don't care what Orton did in
Chicago. It's called selective memory.

I guess some of them may be the same ones who are harping on Orton's 3-10
record (they say 4-12, forgetting that a win and two losses of that weren't his),
as if he were the sole architect of those losses, but when someone mentions
his 21-12 record in Chicago, they will say the defense did it. In other words,
the wins are the teams, and the losses are Kyle's.

The double standards around here just underwhelm me . . . :coffee:

-----

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 10:40 AM

record (they say 4-12, forgetting that a win and two losses of that weren't his),

-----

Well, get used to it.
http://thecoachnotebook.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/andrew-luck.jpg?w=290&h=384

Northman

Its called grasping. :lol:

Juriga72

-----

Kinda like how Kyle had nothing to do with the 5-21 spurt we had the last two years huh.... ok:coffee:

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Kinda like how Kyle had nothing to do with the 5-21 spurt we had the last two years huh.... ok:coffee:

I deal with a ton of customers in Chicago. The idea that Cutler is popular at this point is laughable. Ask those people if they'd take a guy who got pissed at being benched over a guy who got a booboo in the biggest game of his career and they'll laugh at you.

The fact that Jerry freakin Angelo traded him for a kings ransom means nothing. The guy is a joke of a gm.

So again let's hand the reins over to guy who hasn't earned it in practice and see how the vets respond.

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM

-----

Flip side is also very true. Any and all criticism is aways met with Orton's 21-12 in Chicago like he did it all himself or that once in high school Orton threw a football 70 plus yards.

Nomad
08-04-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm disappointed EFX is letting this linger. Trade one or the other and get draft compensation for next year when you sell the farm for Luck! Just better hope Tebow doesn't prove you wrong because JE will lose the fanbase before his career as BRONCOS FO exec has started.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm disappointed EFX is letting this linger. Trade one or the other and get draft compensation for next year when you sell the farm for Luck! Just better hope Tebow doesn't prove you wrong because JE will lose the fanbase before his career as BRONCOS FO exec has started.

And he could lose the fanbase if he keeps Tebow and he doesn't live up to the hype as well Nomad. But the fans would be more forgiving if no matter what we have a true franchise quarterback sooner rather then later.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I deal with a ton of customers in Chicago. The idea that Cutler is popular at this point is laughable. Ask those people if they'd take a guy who got pissed at being benched over a guy who got a booboo in the biggest game of his career and they'll laugh at you.

The fact that Jerry freakin Angelo traded him for a kings ransom means nothing. The guy is a joke of a gm.

So again let's hand the reins over to guy who hasn't earned it in practice and see how the vets respond.

Really...... Hmmmmm I wonder why then as I sit here listing to "The Score WSCR-AM 670" NOT one caller today has said this.

I wonder why NOT one radio personality has also said "Cutler sucks..."

In fact right now Dan McNeil ( who HATES Jay Cutler throwing picks) is talking about the beating he took and how tough he was to get up over 150 times last year as the Bear O-line was terrible.

Go figure- NO ONE talking about hating Jay Cutler, and Radio talking about "How tough he is"

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM

Its funny. Brady went out in his first playoff game with the same injury in the second quarter back in 2000. Bledsoe led them through that win.

Yet Brady was ready for the next week's game. Now fans keep trying to say that "no other QB would leave the game"... when one of the greatest to play, did. Then they complain that Cutler didn't "look that hurt" after the game. But Brady was sooo ok, he was alright to play the next week.....yet left a playoff game in the 2nd quarter.

Sometimes the fans emotional reactions aren't intelligent reactions. "Boo boo" is just a flat out ignorant description of the actual injury, but thats how its labeled to anyone that wants to take a swipe.

Bugs Baloney
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Take out the number of those red zone TDs that were scored by Tim Tebow and let's go over that percentage again.

stud post!!

slim
08-04-2011, 10:54 AM
And he could lose the fanbase if he keeps Tebow and he doesn't live up to the hype as well Nomad.

I don't think so. They didn't draft him, so they will get a free pass. The only way it backfires is if they let him go and he becomes a legit QB.

BroncoWave
08-04-2011, 10:55 AM
In case anyone is wondering, I worked out the stats. That 55% # in support of Orton is a complete mirage.

In the 13 games Orton started, our red zone % was 53%. If you take out Tebow's touchdowns, it was 48%. That 48% would have been good for 25th in the NFL this season.

So any attempt to try to paint Kyle Orton as a good red zone player last season is just false.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Its funny. Brady went out in his first playoff game with the same injury in the second quarter back in 2000. Bledsoe led them through that win.

Yet Brady was ready for the next week's game. Now fans keep trying to say that "no other QB would leave the game"... when one of the greatest to play, did. Then they complain that Cutler didn't "look that hurt" after the game. But Brady was sooo ok, he was alright to play the next week.....yet left a playoff game in the 2nd quarter.

Sometimes the fans emotional reactions aren't intelligent reactions. "Boo boo" is just a flat out ignorant description of the actual injury, but thats how its labeled to anyone that wants to take a swipe.

So lets see.....
Kyle Orton's "Boo-Boo" was so bad he could have started the very next week, and WAS put in after 3 series. And then he had 5 straight 90 + qb rating games showing "He NEVER once healed correctly"...

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 10:56 AM

Whats he letting linger? The QB competition? Tebow needs to earn the spot because the locker room knows Orton is out performing him during practice. Lloyd himself has stated in the interview tieh SI, that he doesn't understand the reactions. He refers to it as simply "all that Tebwo stuff" when referring to the hype.

He makes it VERY clear that he believes Orton shoudl be the starter. If thats coming from the #1 WR on the team, then you have to know that there are others feeling the same way. That being the case, if you simply "give" the starting job to Tebow without him earning it, you lose/split the locker room.

Elway said the other day in a discussion with Schlereth, that when he was in the locker room, you always wanted to feel that the coaches were putting you in the BEST position to win. If Tebow isn't playing well in practice, and Orton is beating him out, then its hard to tell the players that he gives you the BEST chance to win.

So I don't think EFX is letting anything linger. They are doing what they have to do.

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't think so. They didn't draft him, so they will get a free pass. The only way it backfires is if they let him go and he becomes a legit QB.

Tebow becoming legit wont backfire either, as long as one thing happens.
http://chrisross91.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/andrew-luck.jpg?w=535
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/31/0e/Matt%2BBarkley%2BUSC%2Bv%2BUCLA%2BzKC8tAESzP8l.jpg

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Tebow becoming legit wont backfire either, as long as one thing happens.

You are right. If the next QB we draft turns out well, it doesn't matter how good Tebow does.

Although, its fun to bring up the fact that Brees has won a Super Bowl while Rivers keeps losing.

Nomad
08-04-2011, 11:02 AM
And he could lose the fanbase if he keeps Tebow and he doesn't live up to the hype as well Nomad. But the fans would be more forgiving if no matter what we have a true franchise quarterback sooner rather then later.

I believe the fans want to see it for themselves to believe it. In other words, we want to see if Tebow sucks as bad as perceived by the BRONCOS and others or if he continues to prove critics wrong and wins like he has his whole football career since a youngster. I don't know just tired of the QB bullshit soap opera.

BroncoWave
Socal why do you continue to ignore the fact that there are SEVERAL other bad teams in the NFL this year which every bit as good a chance to land Luck as we have? If you are really banking on us landing him, I fear you will be disappointed. The odds of us having the absolute worst record aren't very high.

Bugs Baloney
Orton makes our team yucky.....:sad:

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 11:04 AM
You are right. If the next QB we draft turns out well, it doesn't matter how good Tebow does.

Although, its fun to bring up the fact that Brees has won a Super Bowl while Rivers keeps losing.

Brees AND! ELI! LOL! I remind these sparkler fans everyday that they HAD 2 QBs that have won SBs on thier team recently.
And then theres Rivers.........

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Brees AND! ELI! LOL! I remind these sparkler fans everyday that they HAD 2 QBs that have won SBs on thier team recently.

Not to mention Roth, another QB taken in their class they could have had.

BroncoWave
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM

Yeah, but you put Eli on those Charger teams and they are worse than the Rivers teams IMO. He had a LOT of help in NY and benefited from one of the luckiest plays in NFL history.

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Socal why do you continue to ignore the fact that there are SEVERAL other bad teams in the NFL this year which every bit as good a chance to land Luck as we have? If you are really banking on us landing him, I fear you will be disappointed. The odds of us having the absolute worst record aren't very high.

http://operatorchan.org/sug/src/sug4042_butthurt.png

weazel
08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Tned needs to split this site into two forums... one for Broncos fans and the other for Tebow fans. The Tebow lovers dont give a shit about this team, they just want to see their darling on the field even if he loses every game.

GEM
08-04-2011, 11:08 AM

Didn't high 5 for answering BTB with it, but that pic is freaking funny.

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Didn't high 5 for answering BTB with it, but that pic is freaking funny.

Exactly! made me laugh :lol:

BroncoWave
08-04-2011, 11:09 AM

Huh? How am I butthurt? By pointing out the realistic fact that the odds of getting the #1 draft pick are pretty low? We have better coaching than last season, more talent on defense, and basically returning the same offense plus a little RB and TE help. I think you are sadly fooling yourself if you think Andrew Luck will be a Bronco next season. We aren't the worst team in the NFL.

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Tned needs to split this site into two forums... one for Broncos fans and the other for Tebow fans. The Tebow lovers dont give a shit about this team, they just want to see their darling on the field even if he loses every game.

What about us?!?!?
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/3612937/480/FBall-Cuts/matt-barkley-ready2.png?v0

http://tommeltonscouting.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/andrew-luck-pic.jpg

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM
In case anyone is wondering, I worked out the stats. That 55% # in support of Orton is a complete mirage.

In the 13 games Orton started, our red zone % was 53%. If you take out Tebow's touchdowns, it was 48%. That 48% would have been good for 25th in the NFL this season.

So any attempt to try to paint Kyle Orton as a good red zone player last season is just false.

Tebow was a short yardage back last season and not a QB. Team got TDs last season in the Redzone last season. Whether it was glamorous or ugly, the numbers are still good for the Broncos team. 13th in the NFL in the Redzone. Better then Pitt, Bal, and a slew of other Playoff teams. Tebow had more rushing touchdowns then Passing Touchdowns. That trend will stay the same.

GEM
08-04-2011, 11:11 AM

Soooooo because I like Tebow, I'm no longer a Broncos fan. Hmmmm...let me file that one.

It will go right under the topic header....BULLSHIT.

:D

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Huh? How am I butthurt? By pointing out the realistic fact that the odds of getting the #1 draft pick are pretty low? We have better coaching than last season, more talent on defense, and basically returning the same offense plus a little RB and TE help. I think you are sadly fooling yourself if you think Andrew Luck will be a Bronco next season. We aren't the worst team in the NFL.

http://hotlink.popmartian.com/4B7839B5/butthurt.jpg

Lancane
08-04-2011, 11:12 AM

Ah....I see grasshopper, but what of those of us who are not Tebowmaniacs and quite critical of his abilities and yet still loath 'Horton'? Which there are a fair number of...do we get our own place as well? Because I guess you got to love mediocrity to be a Broncos' fan, that seems to be the message from 'The Real Fans' this morning!

:coffee:

GEM
08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Hammered....do you watch games or do you just pile through stat sheets when the Sunday games are over?

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 11:13 AM
What about us?!?!?
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/3612937/480/FBall-Cuts/matt-barkley-ready2.png?v0

http://tommeltonscouting.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/andrew-luck-pic.jpg

lol

BroncoWave
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Tebow was a short yardage back last season and not a QB. Team got TDs last season in the Redzone last season. Whether it was glamorous or ugly, the numbers are still good for the Broncos team. 13th in the NFL in the Redzone. Better then Pitt, Bal, and a slew of other Playoff teams. Tebow had more rushing touchdowns then Passing Touchdowns. That trend will stay the same.

Kyle Orton WASN'T EVEN ON THE FIELD for those touchdowns Tebow scored. The fact that you use those touchdown's to tout this mythical 55% number is hilarious. In games that Kyle Orton started and only counting touchdowns scored while he was the QB on the field, Denver was 48% in the red zone which would have been good for 25th in the NFL.

And EVEN IF you want to somehow attribute that 55% to him, that was 13th in the NFL this season, which is still middle of the pack.

BroncoWave
08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Okay socal, just try not to hang yourself when we're nowhere near the #1 pick this year.

Bugs Baloney
08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
3 seasons with Orton makes wanna vomit, I don't like
dorks running our offense :shocked:

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Okay socal, just try not to hang yourself when we're nowhere near the #1 pick this year.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?2,file=34655,filename=woah-calm-down-you-are-full-on-mad-bro.jpg

Lancane
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
3 seasons with Orton makes wanna vomit, I don't like
dorks running our offense :shocked:

What you talkin' bout Willis? Cutler was good and as dorky as they come! :laugh:

Nothin' wrong with dork quarterbacks, as long as they can get the ball from point a to point b consistently, lead on the field and can carry the team in times of need...which 'Horton' has proven he lacks in all three areas.

Look at Phillip Rivers, that man is one dorky S.O.B., but would any of us not want him for a quarterback?

:lol:

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM

-----

I just went back to see something you just love to point out.

"Dont kid yourself... The Bears won because of Defense and Special Teams"

In 2005: 2010:
Chicago Bears ran for:
30.5/att game - #9 25.9 att/game -#21
4.3 ypc- #7 3.9 ypc- #23
11 TD- #17 10 TD- #21

2005 Chicago Defense-
202 points allowed- #1 286 pts allowed- #9

9 passing TD's versus 23 passing TD's (Orton v Cutler)

Guess WHICH qb has the 2nd and 3rd best ever "Passing yards for a season" for Chicago...

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Maybe Tned could split it into these two groups-

#1- WHO CARES if we win or lose as long as Orton throws for 400 yards forums"

#2- "God I hate when the Broncos lose forums"

Mike
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Every so often a post comes along that makes me wish for the neg rep feature.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Hammered....do you watch games or do you just pile through stat sheets when the Sunday games are over?

Because of the sportsbetting profession. I am inclined to watch every minute of all of the games. Just like scouts, me and my team take notes and we look at trends, plays, players, coaching styles, play calling (most important), and Stats.

So yes, I watch every game. In my main office, we have all the games on, and our team watches every play of every game. I like spending alot of time in Vegas at Ceasers, so you can either find me there, or at my office in Aspen. Our team makes about 8 to 10 Football bets a week, and we hit about 95% of those bets, most times we hit all of them.

Our team has former players, former coachs, and insiders. We rarely miss on anything.

So far we have about 80 High End Clients.

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Because of the sportsbetting profession. I am inclined to watch every minute of all of the games. Just like scouts, me and my team take notes and we look at trends, plays, players, coaching styles, play calling (most important), and Stats.

So yes, I watch every game. In my main office, we have all the games on, and our team watches every play of every game. I like spending alot of time in Vegas at Ceasers, so you can either find me there, or at my office in Aspen. Our team makes about 8 to 10 Football bets a week, and we hit about 95% of those bets, most times we hit all of them.

Our team has former players, former coachs, and insiders. We rarely miss on anything.

http://www.funbull.com/Funny-Pictures/Funny-Pictures/Coolness-1319.jpg

BroncoWave
08-04-2011, 11:28 AM

You seem very important. Do you also have many leather-bound books and does your apartment smell of rich mahogany?

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 11:31 AM

And you cant tell that Kyle Orton is one of the worst NFL "Red Zone QB's"..... "We hit 95% of our bets"....buwhwhahhwhahahwhahwhahahwwhwhahahahswhhah

"I put 500.00 on the sun coming up today!!!!" "The clock will say 12:00 TWICE today!!!"

wow

Lancane
08-04-2011, 11:34 AM

So bookies are good scouts now? Maybe real scouts should up and quit since bookies know all, whoa wait...Denver defied the odds and won their first Super Bowl as double-digit underdogs, who knew?

:coffee:

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 11:35 AM

I hope you aren't the one in charge of doing research for your "team." Especially after you named Kyle the best QB in the redzone. :shocked:

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 11:36 AM

If you rarely miss anything then how did you miss the facts that BTB about Denver's red zone efficiency? Do you purposely mislead your clients?

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
You seem very important. Do you also have many leather-bound books and does your apartment smell of rich mahogany?

I am no more important then anybody else. All my books are sports related. My apartment, please don't tell the wife about it. :beer:

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 11:38 AM
If you rarely miss anything then how did you miss the facts that BTB about Denver's red zone efficiency? Do you purposely mislead your clients?

Never. Bookies are on the up-n-up. That would suggest someone is manipulating stats to benefit their cause, and that never happens. ;)

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM

I love the Broncos. But we didn't have our clients lose money over it. Infact, we went 12 for 14 on Broncos bets last season. So, no, I wouldn't say that we mislead any clients.

Redzone is not really a stat you can bet on in Vegas. Although you can bet on a lot of things.

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM
spin it however you like. The guy does it in practice is the guy that will start. It's simple really. This isn't some government entitlement program it's not Pop Werner. It's the NFL. I want Tebow to win the job. Just because Im not advocating handing him the reins doesn't mean I don't like him, but I don't think it serves any purpose to just give the team to him if he hasn't earned it.

Be careful they will accuse you of being a hater because you think (read logical) if you state anything besides Orton failed at stopping the run and was unable to lead block for a hurt moreno.
God forbid.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 11:45 AM
I love the Broncos. But we didn't have our clients lose money over it. Infact, we went 12 for 14 on Broncos bets last season. So, no, I wouldn't say that we mislead any clients.

Redzone is not really a stat you can bet on in Vegas. Although you can bet on a lot of things.

HUH????? Really...

I bet you didnt...LOL

Lancane
08-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Be careful they will accuse you of being a hater because you think (read logical) if you state anything besides Orton failed at stopping the run and was unable to lead block for a hurt moreno.
God forbid.

Does God Forbid us for wanting a real 'franchise capable' quarterback under center? I mean if we're bringing God into this, especially on other areas where this team fell short, then maybe God understands all the hate for Orton, I mean who could ever imagine that three-and-outs were not bad? Or that not converging on third-down was down right holy. It must be in the scriptures that the defense needed to be on the field as much as they were because it was divinity at work, not the fact Orton failed to keep a drive alive.

I need to go pray now... ;)

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 11:46 AM

Why don't we just do this...

Make 2 forums, 1 for Broncos fans, and the other for people who think Kyle Orton is anything better than average.

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 11:48 AM

Make 2 forums, 1 for Broncos fans, and the other for people who think Kyle Orton is anything better than average.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!:beer:

BroncoStud
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM

I all BULLS%$T on that. If you hit 60% of your picks then you are in the top 5% of the industry. To even CLAIM to hit 95% is simply absurd. Are you monitored? Do you report your picks for monitoring on a weekly basis? If so link me and I will be happy to let you pick for me.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM

How about one for "Kyle Orton for MVP" and one for "Kyle Orton NFL leader in Red Zone scoring"???

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 11:52 AM

So again let's hand the reins over to guy who hasn't earned it in practice and see how the vets respond. I also have alot if friends from chi and it is a mixes bag but the vast majority of them know they go the short end of the stick on the deal.

That us not to say that Orton is quite the same level of qb arm wise stowage he is not a turnover king. does not take chances

Maybe that it is, some want Orton to take chances instead of playing mature Football. Maybe that says something about their knowledge of anything other than madden football.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I also have alot if friends from chi and it is a mixes bag but the vast majority of them know they go the short end of the stick on the deal.

That us not to say that Orton is quite the same level of qb arm wise stowage he is not a turnover king. does not take chances

Maybe that it is, some want Orton to take chances instead of playing mature Football. Maybe that says something about their knowledge of anything other than madden football.

Jr, football is high risk - high reward! Perfect example would be this, would you rather have DJ Williams at linebacker or Clay Matthews? One is steady and conservative, the other takes risks and makes things happen. So why wouldn't we rather have the same at quarterback?

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I also have alot if friends from chi and it is a mixes bag but the vast majority of them know they go the short end of the stick on the deal.

BUllS***...... Try going and listening to the sports talk there. Moron's will tell you what you WANT to hear.
Doug Buffone- Ex Bear player JUST said.... "Cutler is WORTH two first round picks"

Of course... the Bears getting to the NFC championship really sucked for them last year...too bad they could have had the chance to go 3-10 with Orton

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Does God Forbid us for wanting a real 'franchise capable' quarterback under center? I mean if we're bringing God into this, especially on other areas where this team fell short, then maybe God understands all the hate for Orton, I mean who could ever imagine that three-and-outs were not bad? Or that not converging on third-down was down right holy. It must be in the scriptures that the defense needed to be on the field as much as they were because it was divinity at work, not the fact Orton failed to keep a drive alive.

I just got off the phone with God and he said doesn't forbid us from wanting a real franchise quarterback under center. He also told me we shouldn't hate Orton but that we should pitty the foo.

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 11:59 AM

While I also lol at the schedule which is brutall. I stiil see this as a 5 or 6 win team
Maybe a couple of lucky bounces a couple if games more.

Hardly going to get luck that way. Imo

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I just got off the phone with God and he said doesn't forbid us from wanting a real franchise quarterback under center. He also told me we shouldn't hate Orton but that we should pitty the foo.

No wonder... When I called I got that damn busy signal.....

G_Money
08-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Was it like this when Griese was QB? I've only been hanging around Broncos boards since Plummer, but the Plummer-Cutler Conflagration begat the Cutler/Orton Blitzkrieg which in turn begat the Orton/Tebow Bloodfeud.

Can we list the horse as our next backup QB and avoid these issues once we decide what QB we actually wanna go to war with?

~G

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 12:02 PM
No wonder... When I called I got that damn busy signal.....

He takes calls in order of importance. :D

Lancane
08-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Was it like this when Griese was QB? I've only been hanging around Broncos boards since Plummer, but the Plummer-Cutler Conflagration begat the Cutler/Orton Blitzkrieg which in turn begat the Orton/Tebow Bloodfeud.

Can we list the horse as our next backup QB and avoid these issues once we decide what QB we actually wanna go to war with?

~G

G, the truth of it is this...no position in all of Denver sports is as heated as the quarterback debates amongst it's fanbase. Griese, Plummer, Cutler...hell, not even Steve DeBerg generated as much loathing as Orton has. The Plummer Wars as Top calls them were classic, but mainly very heated debates none-the-less...the Horton War may become downright nuclear!

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 12:07 PM
What you talkin' bout Willis? Cutler was good and as dorky as they come! :laugh:

Look at Phillip Rivers, that man is one dorky S.O.B., but would any of us not want him for a quarterback?

I'd take rivers over Orton or cutlet in a heart beat.

Afterall he owns jay. As so far into his head those last couple Of games I guess he may never beat rivers again.
So he is a dork has bad throwing motion je should have been in jays problow slot. Had it been votes on after our last game that years it would have been a slam dunk.
Plus that year if it were not for a Houckli FUBAR we do not beat them the first time.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 12:10 PM

Afterall he owns jay. As so far into his head those last couple Of games I guess he may never beat rivers again.
So he is a dork has bad throwing motion je should have been in jays problow slot. Had it been votes on after our last game that years it would have been a slam dunk.
Plus that year if it were not for a Houckli FUBAR we do not beat them the first time.

Yeah.. because with the #1 Defense AND #1 passing attack Rivers led his team to a 8-8 season.....

Lancane
08-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Granted, you and I may have taken Rivers over Cutler, but I would take Cutler over Orton any day of the week and twice on Sunday! Hell, I can name a plethura of quarterbacks I would take over Orton.

And I agree with the Houckli Fubar, but that is why Houckli will be immortalized in the Colorado Hall of Fame, because he is obviously a fan! :lol:

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 12:11 PM

This is funny. Speaking of "knowledge of football", did you know that Orton has a worse TD-to-INT percentage than Cutler does? (Cutler is 1.32 to Orton's 1.31). So Orton may not throw as many INTs, but he also doesn't throw TDs..... which is why he keeps losing (so much for that "INTs keep losing Cutler games, theory).

Did you know that taking the opinion of your friends, doesn't actually give you the truth as to what the fan-base thinks? Your friends are probably just telling you what you want to hear, since you are so obviously tainted one direction. Two, I doubt you know very many people that live in Chicago. Listen to the radio stations there, and you'll hear quite the opposite.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I'll take Orton because with all that playoff games under Kyle's belt... Man You cannot get that just sitting on the sidelines.

Oh crap... wrong guy

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 12:25 PM

Probably would not hurt to get in touch with him. Mocking him will not help.
That said you blame everything on Orton when given that the oline was in a state of chaos last year and then the starting RB was nursing a hammy all year.
Had NOTHING to do with Orton on third down.

Yep After a lobotomy I now understand that logic.

But I also know your hate for Orton is coloring your logic.

Look I'd rather get a second and another starter Dl type in a trade in a heart beat. Considering we will get nothing for Him after the season is done.

Also would rather have TEbow duking it out his year to give him the exorience he needs OJT noting like it IF your strong of heart and mind. which it sounds like he is.

I'm Normally not in throwing rookie QB to the wolves the first year, as they really need to get the playbook down aNd a year watching the film and going thru the coaching meetings

Northman
08-04-2011, 12:42 PM

They have been slowly going that direction. Last year they had the "positive only" thread for those who could not deal with negative opinions. But, like most of us predicted, it was a ghost town. It would be no different with two forums. You would have the Broncos forum, then the forum for the "Orton only" crowd which would consist of maybe 5 members. It would be pretty funny to read though with them gushing over Orton's mediocrity. :lol:

GEM
08-04-2011, 12:43 PM
This is funny. Speaking of "knowledge of football", did you know that Orton has a worse TD-to-INT percentage than Cutler does? (Cutler is 1.32 to Orton's 1.31). So Orton may not throw as many INTs, but he also doesn't throw TDs..... which is why he keeps losing (so much for that "INTs keep losing Cutler games, theory).

Did you know that taking the opinion of your friends, doesn't actually give you the truth as to what the fan-base thinks? Your friends are probably just telling you what you want to hear, since you are so obviously tainted one direction. Two, I doubt you know very many people that live in Chicago. Listen to the radio stations there, and you'll hear quite the opposite.

He only hears the "intelligent" responses...i.e. those that agree with him. I wonder if his ears have an actually "iggy list"

Superchop 7
08-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Ok.....so for the sake of the locker room they throw all their chips in......Ok.....but.....if the team is only mediocre ......I will be leading the pack in screaming for Tebow.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Kyle Orton has not officially been anointed as starting quarterback of the Broncos, but in his words and his play, Orton is making a strong case to remain atop the quarterback depth chart at Dove Valley.

"I haven't been told anything," Orton said this morning after a walk-through practice. "That's how I go about it, just letting my play speak for itself on the field. I feel like I'm playing good football right now."

Orton's comments echoed statements made by coach John Fox Wednesday evening, shooting down several national media reports that Orton had been officially given the starting job over Tim Tebow​ and Brady Quinn​.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18616323

I have not made it to the practices, so I have to rely on what the people who are there have said - sportswriters, sportscasters - tv, radio, etc., and I have not heard one of them who has not stated that Orton has looked much better than Tebow. If all of these reports are accurate, and if Orton looks better than Tebow in preseason, common sense tells me that Orton should be the starter. The FO's position is to put on the field the best players, by position. Is that NOT what every team's position is?

Superchop 7
08-04-2011, 01:10 PM
As far as the credibility goes......by wanting to trade Orton you said to everybody......we don't think this guy is the future of the franchise........so.....if you were credible.......you would stick to your original plan of developing someone else......

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
As far as the credibility goes......by wanting to trade Orton you said to everybody......we don't think this guy is the future of the franchise........so.....if you were credible.......you would stick to your original plan of developing someone else......

But..."Kyle led the NFL in Red Zone scoring last year".....:tsk:

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18616323

I have not made it to the practices, so I have to rely on what the people who are there have said - sportswriters, sportscasters - tv, radio, etc., and I have not heard one of them who has not stated that Orton has looked much better than Tebow. If all of these reports are accurate, and if Orton looks better than Tebow in preseason, common sense tells me that Orton should be the starter. The FO's position is to put on the field the best players, by position. Is that NOT what every team's position is?

Carol stop with the facts ok? We like to frame our arguments around emotions and skewed stats around here. Like when it makes sense we'll ignore that fact that every phase of the game was hurt by our lack of a respectable run game last year. Or the fact that our being a quarterback is about throwing the football. We prefer to start the guy that sells jerseys and inspires us.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Let me get this straight, Chicago fans are pissed off because they got to the NFC Championship game last year and would rather have Orton because he would've gotten them all the way to the superbowl???

Where the hell was Orton the last 3 weeks of the season? Oh yeah, on the bench nursing another boo boo...

Amazing the logic here...

GEM
08-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Carol stop with the facts ok? We like to frame our arguments around emotions and skewed stats around here. Like when it makes sense we'll ignore that fact that every phase of the game was hurt by our lack of a respectable run game last year. Or the fact that our being a quarterback is about throwing the football. We prefer to start the guy that sells jerseys and inspires us.

Just try and win the mother****ing game. Who cares who can throw and how they throw, just win the mother****ing game!

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I all BULLS%$T on that. If you hit 60% of your picks then you are in the top 5% of the industry. To even CLAIM to hit 95% is simply absurd. Are you monitored? Do you report your picks for monitoring on a weekly basis? If so link me and I will be happy to let you pick for me.

If you are familiar with betting websites, or bookie websites. They make 100 bets or more a week. Our firm makes 8 to 10 bets a week.

I did give this forum a freebie. I gave them the NHL Stanley Cup finals. I gave them more then one bet, and I gave long term bets on the exact game. Other then that. No I do not give out free information. That is why we have been in business since 95'.

We look at the sports market as the new Stock Market. If we can make our clients 30% ontop there initial investments, then we are a success. Most have been more then doubling and tripling investment. If we hit on the bets, we get our percentage from the client. Most clients are just rich sports fans who have to much money to count. Although early on, we did struggle, and we moved from a conventional 40-50 bet week, to a 10 bet week. Our success went through the roof.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 01:34 PM

Here's a few "Facts" about Kyle Ort-not....

2010-
DOWN by 14-19 pts-

48/73 65.8 comp% 640 yards 3 td- 1 int 101.4 QB rating

DOWN by 20-25 pts-
40/66 60.5 comp% 521 yards 4td-0 INT 105.7 QBR

DOWN 25+ pts-
19/37 51.4 comp% 239 yards 3 td- 1 int 87.6 QBR

so lets see.....

107/176 60.1 comp% 1400 yards 10 td- 2 int 100.1 QB rating

WHEN BEHIND 2 TD or more

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM

2010-
DOWN by 14-19 pts-

DOWN by 20-25 pts-

DOWN 25+ pts-

so lets see.....

WHEN BEHIND 2 TD or more

If you see the stats. You will notice that, the 400 yards a game the defense gave up, and 160 on the ground, really hurt the team.

Hopefully next offseason, you can have the stats reversed with that kind of lead, instead of playing from behind.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 01:37 PM
If you are familiar with betting websites, or bookie websites. They make 100 bets or more a week. Our firm makes 8 to 10 bets a week.

I did give this forum a freebie. I gave them the NHL Stanley Cup finals. I gave them more then one bet, and I gave long term bets on the exact game. Other then that. No I do not give out free information. That is why we have been in business since 95'.

We look at the sports market as the new Stock Market. If we can make our clients 30% ontop there initial investments, then we are a success. Most have been more then doubling and tripling investment. If we hit on the bets, we get our percentage from the client. Most clients are just rich sports fans who have to much money to count. Although early on, we did struggle, and we moved from a conventional 40-50 bet week, to a 10 bet week. Our success went through the roof.

BullSH*T...... you cant even understand "Red Zone offense" let alone "Point spreads"

Tell me how you bet the following:

Oakland AT home +8.5 pts
Arizona @ Arizona + 7 pts
San Diego @ San Diego - 13.5Pts

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 01:38 PM

2010-
DOWN by 14-19 pts-

DOWN by 20-25 pts-

DOWN 25+ pts-

so lets see.....

WHEN BEHIND 2 TD or more

Thanks for the stats Juriga.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 01:39 PM
BullSH*T...... you cant even understand "Red Zone offense" let alone "Point spreads"

Oakland AT home +8.5 pts
Arizona @ Arizona + 7 pts
San Diego @ San Diego - 13.5Pts

Is Tebow or Orton starting?

Dean
08-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Wouldn't that also mean that opposing defensive coordinators have to give Orton practice like conditions?

Good idea TX. Make it happen!:deal:

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Just try and win the mother****ing game. Who cares who can throw and how they throw, just win the mother****ing game!

You make me happy with that kind of talk......

Call me... I'll pay you to yell at me for 30 minutes

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 01:41 PM

2010-
DOWN by 14-19 pts-

DOWN by 20-25 pts-

DOWN 25+ pts-

so lets see.....

WHEN BEHIND 2 TD or more

those are in stark contrast to his numbers when down by 8 or less. :sad:

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 01:45 PM

On average we might bet 2, maybe 3 point spreads a week. What we look for is the overblown 14.5 point spreads, or unrealistic spreads, especially in divisional games. That is how we gauge the spreads. Other then that, its never just flat out spread bets.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Let me get this straight, Chicago fans are pissed off because they got to the NFC Championship game last year and would rather have Orton because he would've gotten them all the way to the superbowl???

Where the hell was Orton the last 3 weeks of the season? Oh yeah, on the bench nursing another boo boo...

let's get down to brass tacks. Orton was yanked by an interim coach because of pressure to start Tebow He didn't pull himself.

Secondly there's been a little misrepresentation by some fans about just how things played out as for a td to int ratio. skewed numbers go both ways guys.

Since the trade

Cutler 50-42 with 19 freaking fumbles

Orton 41-21 with 8 fumbles

Those are cold hard facts.

And yes after talking to people who I deal with in Chicago many are having second thoughts about the trade. In the first year I'd joke and ask if they'd take Orton back for Cutler and I'd get laughed at. Sentiment changed last year....odd their fans seem fickle just like Bronco fans.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2011, 01:47 PM

It has nothing to do with credibility - it has been reported that Orton had stated that he would NOT be a backup here, and had demanded a trade - just where did THAT put the FO??????

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 01:50 PM

gem do you think other factors like piss poor balance on offense and the loss of Dooms and Ayers may have contributed to lack of performance in other areas?

yeah or nay?

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 01:52 PM
let's get down to brass tacks. Orton was yanked by an interim coach because of pressure to start Tebow He didn't pull himself.

Secondly there's been a little misrepresentation by some fans about just how things played out as for a td to int ratio. skewed numbers go both ways guys.

Since the trade

And yes after talking to people who I deal with in Chicago many are having second thoughts about the trade. In the first year I'd joke and ask if they'd take Orton back for Cutler and I'd get laughed at. Sentiment changed last year....odd their fans seem fickle just like Bronco fans.

WTF are you talking about?

At home for thre NFC championship... and somehow you think they are unhappy???

You are so stupid to think this...really. It shows just how little you understand football and like to lie.

I GET the Chicago Sports talk and NO ONE is asking for Orton bvack..NO ONE.

SHOW ME ONE time it has appeared in print, radio, or T otherwise you are making it up.

This one time a guy told a friend that a guy said . that a guy wanted from a guy who thought a guy said..... that Orton is better than Cutler

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Jr, football is high risk - high reward! Perfect example would be this, would you rather have DJ Williams at linebacker or Clay Matthews? One is steady and conservative, the other takes risks and makes things happen. So why wouldn't we rather have the same at quarterback?

Because TEBOW is not ready yet. May never be. And throwing him to the wolves because 5% of the fan base hate Orton and Anything Josh will nit accomplish anything but more hate and discontent.

I'll trust John and John to do the CORRECT thing. And if that is tebow great if not sa La vie.

But I will nit allow hate for a player to cloud my judgement of them.

And no I have not hated ut a couple if broncos. Carter and Gardner being at the top of that very short list.
Btw just one more example of mikey the GM running amouk.

NorCalBronco7
08-04-2011, 01:56 PM

Look everybody, we have a Vegas legend in the building!!!

Somehow you manage to win 95% of your sports bets, thats incredible! That makes you the top < 0.0001% of your industry! My God your smart!!

55%-60% range is generally considered the maximum that is sustainable, but not for such an intelligent bettor like you! With your prowess, you need to be setting the lines!!!

Wow, what a delusional human being.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 01:57 PM

a guy said..... that Orton is better than Cutler

lol

that is pretty funny. Culter had something alot of QBs don't have. Moxy. That is a trait only a few in the league have.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 01:58 PM

You are so stupid to think this...really. It shows just how little you understand football and like to lie.

SHOW ME ONE time it has appeared in print, radio, or T otherwise you are making it up.

This one time a guy told a friend that a guy said . that a guy wanted from a guy who thought a guy said..... that Orton is better than Cutler

you know what dude we can argue this all you like but Im telling you conversations I've had with customers. I never said it was on print or on radio. You think half the wacky chit you say would end up in print.

Again we can disagree but don't ******* call me a liar *******

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:00 PM
just for the record juriga. I want tebow to be the guy long term. I want him to take camp by storm and step into the role as qb, but I don't want it handed to him because he was a first rounder last year.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:00 PM
lol

that is pretty funny. Culter had something alot of QBs don't have. Moxy. That is a trait only a few in the league have.

Cutler had possibly the worst EVER o-line this year, and still had 4- 4th quarter comeback wins...

Hell... even Urlacher said Jay Cutler was a tough SOB.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Look everybody, we have a Vegas legend in the building!!!

Somehow you manage to win 95% of your sports bets, thats incredible! That makes you the top < 0.0001% of your industry! My God your smart!!

55%-60% range is generally considered the maximum that is sustainable, but not for such an intelligent bettor like you! With your prowess, you need to be setting the lines!!!

Wow, what a delusional human being.

It really ain't that hard to get into sportsbetting. Im not a god, and people bet and make millions at it. Im just a small guy in the industry. The top guys in the industry kill it. They have 40 -50 people under payroll. They have guys around the colleges, nfl, nhl, MLB. Our guys just cover NFL and NHL.

O.k I will give you guys one bet a week. thats it. i will stop the crying. somebody else can keep count of the record.

I really wonder who is setting the lines. They are idiots.

I will make a seperate thread in around the NFL ... We can debate some games there.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Caleb freaking Hanie outplayed Cutler in the NFC championship game. Other players from all over the league called him on his sissyitis. The guy was seen same night walking up the stairs to a club with his torn meniscus

GEM
08-04-2011, 02:06 PM

If your betting is anything like your football stats, I'm damn happy I don't waste my money gambling!

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:08 PM
you know what dude we can argue this all you like but Im telling you conversations I've had with customers. I never said it was on print or on radio. You think half the wacky chit you say would end up in print.

I listen each and every day to Chicago Sports radio... I live 1/2 way between Denevr and Chicago and get it our here.

NOT once in 2 years has ANY sane human called and said "Give me Orton back"... thats 10-20 THOUSAND callers into this station.

How much do they think Cutler is god? He has thrown for the first time EVER in 75 years more than 3K yards back to back seasons.... They think he's a f-ing god there.

GEM
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
gem do you think other factors like piss poor balance on offense and the loss of Dooms and Ayers may have contributed to lack of performance in other areas?

yeah or nay?

Yes, I know. The Oline sucked balls, the Defense sucked donkey balls. I was mostly being facetious based on the funny McDaniels tirade. ;) I don't know that they loss of Ayers did much of anything as he isn't very good. ;)

Lancane
08-04-2011, 02:10 PM

I won't call you a liar, but I can say that I do have loads of family who live in Chicago, in Rockford and Aurora as well, not excluding others across the lake in 'Lovely' Michigan, who because of distance are Bears fans, not one of them has told me what you are...indeed what I've heard is that they're enamored with Cutler, he's the greatest quarterback figurehead in the area since McMahon ITHO.

So, maybe there is a radio personality that thinks otherwise, I can not say it's true or not, but I know none of my kin has said as much.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Cutler had possibly the worst EVER o-line this year, and still had 4- 4th quarter comeback wins...

Hell... even Urlacher said Jay Cutler was a tough SOB.

It wasn't the O-line. Cutler had the worst WR core in the league. I don't blame Cutler one bit for all those interceptions. If WRs are tipping the ball causing INTs, and not catching the ball in open spaces. That is not Cutlers fault. The O-line play actually improved, and it showed in the run game with Forte having more yards, on less carries.

If you don't have Roy Williams on your fantasy team yet, you better draft him in another league. I think Cutler will have between 4500-4900 in the Mike Martz friendly offense. Martz already said Roy is the primary X reciever.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Caleb freaking Hanie outplayed Cutler in the NFC championship game. Other players from all over the league called him on his sissyitis. The guy was seen same night walking up the stairs to a club with his torn meniscus

How many D-linemen were chasing him? Of course yo know that he DID go the Northwestern Hospital ( Possibly one of the top 5 Ortho-pod surgery centers) and have his knee scoped by Dr. Armen Kelikian (Head of Northwestern School of Orthepedic Surgery)

http://www.northwesternorthopaedicinstitute.com/armen-kelikian.html

NorCalBronco7
08-04-2011, 02:13 PM
It really ain't that hard to get into sportsbetting. Im not a god, and people bet and make millions at it. Im just a small guy in the industry. The top guys in the industry kill it. They have 40 -50 people under payroll. They have guys around the colleges, nfl, nhl, MLB. Our guys just cover NFL and NHL.

O.k I will give you guys one bet a week. thats it. i will stop the crying. somebody else can keep count of the record.

I really wonder who is setting the lines. They are idiots.

Nobody wants your lines, period! Your a complete liar, and a terrible liar at that!

If your "team" hit on 95% of your bets, you would be a millionare several times over because you would absolutely be CRUSHING the odds makers! But you wouldnt know that because you just made that number up!

Your full of shit Hammer!

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 02:14 PM

The real Bears fan knows it was not jays leadership or his play that got them into the playoffs.

They all know it was the defense and ST play that allowed him to ride along and then when he go there whimped out.

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 02:16 PM

Thats just not accurate. The LBs for Green Bay (specifically Barnett and Clay Mathews) both said that once Cutler was out of the game, the team pretty much just laid back and went into a base defense. They weren't concerned with either of the back-ups.

If you want to use the stats from the halfs (which is pretty silly)...then I guess we can say that Caleb "out played" Aaron Rodgers as well.

Tom Brady missed the wild card game back in 2000, after injuring his knee in the 2nd quarter, yet was "healthy enough" to come back and play the second game? How is it he was SOOOO hurt that he couldn't finish that game yet good enough to come back the next week? I guess the guy was just sissy and didn't want to play? Come on, its stupid.

Jsteve01
Yes, I know. The Oline sucked balls, the Defense sucked donkey balls. I was mostly being facetious based on the funny McDaniels tirade. ;) I don't know that they loss of Ayers did much of anything as he isn't very good. ;)

Here's the deal run offense and run defense killed us more than anything else...we couldn't run the ball so we either scored quickly or left the field quickly...we had no depth on the d line which led to gassed players in the second half of the season...look at the run defense through the first 4 games and you'll see the impact Ayers had.

MJD held under 100 yards

Seattle couldn't run the ball to save their lives

Joseph Addai: 29 yards

Chris Johnson: 53 yards

in the Baltimore game Ayers and Hunter went down and all hell broke loose. After that the wheels fell off. Ayers may never be a double digit sack guy but he is excellent at setting the edge and I think he does much better this year in his natural position as a down lineman.

Ravage!!!
The real Bears fan knows it was not jays leadership or his play that got them into the playoffs.

They all know it was the defense and ST play that allowed him to ride along and then when he go there whimped out.

Hmmm.. again... completely inaccurate.

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 02:17 PM

Actually no. My coworker is hardcore Bears fan.....cubical next to me....lots of Culter talk between us. He hated him in 09 because he was not use to offense and took too many chances. He liked him last year because he played very well and he was made about the NFC championship game.....he does think they got the better deal of the trade too

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:18 PM
How many D-linemen were chasing him? Of course yo know that he DID go the Northwestern Hospital ( Possibly one of the top 5 Ortho-pod surgery centers) and have his knee scoped by Dr. Armen Kelikian (Head of Northwestern School of Orthepedic Surgery)

http://www.northwesternorthopaedicinstitute.com/armen-kelikian.html

wow great link...thanks bro....what does that prove again?

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 02:19 PM

There was more on the line walking up the stairs he was going to get laid. Opposed to winning a game n

Got no logic.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Actually no. My coworker is hardcore Bears fan.....cubical next to me....lots of Culter talk between us. He hated him in 09 because he was not use to offense and took too many chances. He liked him last year because he played very well and he was made about the NFC championship game.....he does think they got the better deal of the trade too

no effing way you liar j/k

again all that stuff is subjective...like I said before, Im just saying what some of my customers said to me...Im not trying to say that's their entire fan base...

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM

You do know that they allowed 30 points three times last year and won TWO of those games right?

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
no effing way you liar j/k

again all that stuff is subjective...like I said before, Im just saying what some of my customers said to me...Im not trying to say that's their entire fan base...

I think its safe to say the entire fan base was pissed about him not finishing out that game against the packers.....play through it for the SB ultimate goal.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Nobody wants your lines, period! Your a complete liar, and a terrible liar at that!

If your "team" hit on 95% of your bets, you would be a millionare several times over because you would absolutely be CRUSHING the odds makers! But you wouldnt know that because you just made that number up!

Your full of shit Hammer!

You broke or something? lol

Im not going to get into a pissing contest on how much I made, or anybody makes. Infact its not your business, it never has been, and you don't know a thing about it.

I can tell you don't know a thing about sports betting already.

If you win 8 out 10 bets on a bad week. You have to cover the 2 bets you lost, with the other 8 you won. If you are making sometimes 10 cents on the dollar to win a bet, it aint exactly millions in your pocket after the week.

Which is why I said 30% is our goal.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:24 PM
wow great link...thanks bro....what does that prove again?

proves you lied YET again....

Just lies as always... Lies to "prove" your point... Or are you now backtracking yet again?

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:25 PM
you broke or something? Lol

im not going to get into a pissing contest on how much i made, or anybody makes. Infact its not your business, it never has been, and you don't know a thing about it.

If you win 8 out 10 bets on a bad week. You have to cover the 2 bets you lost, with the other 8 you won. If you are making sometimes 10 cents on the dollar to win a bet, it aint exactly millions in your pocket after the week.

Which is why i said 30% is our goal.

cough *bullsh*t*cough......

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:26 PM
proves you lied YET again....

Just lies as always... Lies to "prove" your point... Or are you now backtracking yet again?

wtf are you talking about? Stink had like a million surgeries on his knees but always played through it. How in the world does posting a link to an ortho site prove Im lying about anything?

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:31 PM
wtf are you talking about? Stink had like a million surgeries on his knees but always played through it. How in the world does posting a link to an ortho site prove Im lying about anything?

You already stated that " A majority of the fans want Orton now"...then its..."SOME of my clients think"...
No... I said PROVE it and you can't prove ANYTHING....just "What I heard"... I heard Orton suck at 3rd downs and I can prove it. I heard Orton Sucks in the red zone and I can prove it....

I showed you where Cutler had his knee scoped and by whom. and you dont believe it...ok...what ever

BTW......HOW many stair cases are there on a football field? and how many people are chasing you UP them?

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:32 PM

AFTER seasons..... Ask fat ass how many he had DURING season..... I bet they werent at halftime either...

Losss again..... more lies:elefant:

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 02:35 PM

Since the trade

How many is many? 2-3? Ortons dad? His mom?

Guess all you want to. NO ONE I have heard in 2 years wants Orton back.

Call into the radio show- 312-591-6767 and ask them I f-ing DARE you. They will EAT you up and spit you out.

i'll call Sandy Clough/ Dmac & Alfred Williams and guess what... he'll throw Orton under EVERY bus in Denver for losing as bad as we have been

claymore
08-04-2011, 02:39 PM
I would trade Orton, Ayers, Tebow, Moreno, Thomas, and Smith's 7th round pick back for Cutler.

GEM
08-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Alright settle down. No more of the lies, liar or other such attacking posts.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:42 PM
You already stated that " A majority of the fans want Orton now"...then its..."SOME of my clients think"...
No... I said PROVE it and you can't prove ANYTHING....just "What I heard"... I heard Orton suck at 3rd downs and I can prove it. I heard Orton Sucks in the red zone and I can prove it....

I showed you where Cutler had his knee scoped and by whom. and you dont believe it...ok...what ever

BTW......HOW many stair cases are there on a football field? and how many people are chasing you UP them?

since you like quotes...why don't you find the quote where I said a majority tough guy..

Im not saying cutler didn't have his knee scoped...you just made my point. Stink played through pain and had surgery after the season was over....

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 02:42 PM
cough *bullsh*t*cough......

you do the math.

8 wins at an average 25 cents on the dollar.

2 losses.

This is called breaking even.

Which is why 30% is our goal over the season.

NorCalBronco7
08-04-2011, 02:43 PM
You broke or something? lol

Im not going to get into a pissing contest on how much I made, or anybody makes. Infact its not your business, it never has been, and you don't know a thing about it.

Which is why I said 30% is our goal.

So your ROI (go google that real quick) goal is 30%, yet you are winning 95% of your bets? Makes total sense! Seems like you could do MUCH better than that. If your winning 95% of your bets and get a 30% ROI, your a terrible businessman in the first place.

The common sense issue is why would you be betting with clients money when you are winning almost all your bets? If your "team" was winning most of the bets placed, you wouldnt need to use clients money, or need anyone to stake you. In fact, that would be one of the DUMBEST things you could do and would greatly hamper your ROI when you already have such an enormous edge. Id love to here an answer to that.

Again, your full of shit!

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Good idea TX. Make it happen!:deal:

I don't have that much stroke coach. :D

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
riga is on the his manperiod. don't piss him off rightnow.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I would trade Orton, Ayers, Tebow, Moreno, Thomas, and Smith's 7th round pick back for Cutler.

**** clay lol your stance on this issue is already well known.

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Alright settle down. No more of the lies, liar or other such attacking posts.

Knock it off! Or someone is gonna get a spanking!!!!!!!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DXfbDjZYtMM/S2sQH1EVCyI/AAAAAAAAEdU/U8U1sYLu6co/s640/3978727967_6043a6b02d_o.jpg

claymore
08-04-2011, 02:46 PM

You cant say riga here. Its rigro.

GEM
08-04-2011, 02:46 PM
**** clay lol your stance on this issue is already well known.

Trading Cutler did it in for Clay. Dude took a 2 year hiatus, stopped drinking, stopped smoking, started getting laid again and he's still ******* bitching. :lol:

GEM
08-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Knock it off! Or someone is gonna get a spanking!!!!!!!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DXfbDjZYtMM/S2sQH1EVCyI/AAAAAAAAEdU/U8U1sYLu6co/s640/3978727967_6043a6b02d_o.jpg

I have soft hands...:D

claymore
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Trading Cutler did it in for Clay. Dude took a 2 year hiatus, stopped drinking, stopped smoking, started getting laid again and he's still ******* bitching. :lol:

Yeah, but I was right!

SOCALORADO.
08-04-2011, 02:49 PM

You know you say things like that and your only gonna encourage them!

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:52 PM

I could give two chits about our difference of opinion. I just don't like being called a liar...how in the world am I supposed to prove that I had conversations with people in Chicago about Cutler? And wtf would I make that up? It's ridiculous.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 02:53 PM
So your ROI (go google that real quick) goal is 30%, yet you are winning 95% of your bets? Makes total sense! Seems like you could do MUCH better than that. If your winning 95% of your bets and get a 30% ROI, your a stupid idiot.

The common sense issue is why would you be betting with clients money when you are winning almost all your bets? If your "team" was winning most of the bets placed, you wouldnt need to use clients money, or need anyone to stake you. In fact, that would be one of the DUMBEST things you could do and would greatly hamper your ROI when you already have such an enormous edge. Id love to here an answer to that.

Again, your full of shit!

So if I insult people and call them stupid idiots, i will get suspended. but because your likely a mod, who got told off again, nothing will happen.

do the math.

8 bets won at 25 cents a bet on a bad week.

2 bets lost.

It really aint that hard kid.

It almost seems like highway robbery to call that many games, and not get super ROI. I know. The math doesnt lie.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 02:55 PM

I know I haven't talked to him since our days at the freak together. It's like the guy went into isolation to focus all of the cosmic energy in the universe on his man love for Cutler....I've missed you clay...you inspire me

claymore
08-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I know I haven't talked to him since our days at the freak together. It's like the guy went into isolation to focus all of the cosmic energy in the universe on his man love for Cutler....I've missed you clay...you inspire me

It wasnt manlove for Cutler so much as knowing the Broncos demise was imminent and no one would believe me.

Im much more stable now. I feel good about EFX. Mostly Elway/Fox.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 03:03 PM
It wasnt manlove for Cutler so much as knowing the Broncos demise was imminent and no one would believe me.

Hey, I believed you...I turned on McDaniels the minute he did that as well! :tsk:

F'n McNumbnuts!

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 03:03 PM

im giving xanders a second chance...i like the route they've taken with short deals for former top picks. I also love this draft class. most of the credit for that stuff goes to X and the scouting dept. Bunkley and Warren should be solid if they're healthy and I really believe thomas and vickerson will flourish in this style of system.

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 03:04 PM

:drama:

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Hey want to tell me about how Orton's "Red Zone" numbers are tops in the NFL again?

lets make up things yet again?? ok?

Oh btw... MY Sports Book does a 99.99999999% correct betting.... I bet and win EVERY time!!!!

MY clients are so happy they name babies after me, AND they let me sleep with their wives.

Sucks to be you and only get 95% right...

claymore
08-04-2011, 03:06 PM
im giving xanders a second chance...i like the route they've taken with short deals for former top picks. I also love this draft class. most of the credit for that stuff goes to X and the scouting dept. Bunkley and Warren should be solid if they're healthy and I really believe thomas and vickerson will flourish in this style of system.

Yeah, I really like the way they have let things come to them. They havent forced anything. They let the draft come to them, and did the same in FA. McDaniels would have Panicked, and Shanahan would have reached.

Xanders has a clean slate with me.

PS,

I like the way they are handling the Orton thing to. He is the best QB on the team, he will start, unless another team makes us an offer we cant refuse.

To easy.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I only have two good memories from McNumbnuts regime, one that it let Bowlen know that we fans do matter and can revolt, which hopefully he learns from. The second was that Peyton Hillis like the rest of mankind thought McNumbnut's wife was too pretty for him!

I'll never get tired of remembering that Hillis hit on Joshie-Pooh's wife, and was traded out spite, that is a classic moment!

NorCalBronco7
08-04-2011, 03:10 PM
So if I insult people and call them stupid idiots, i will get suspended. but because your likely a mod, who got told off again, nothing will happen.

do the math.

8 bets won at 25 cents a bet on a bad week.

2 bets lost.

It really aint that hard kid.

It almost seems like highway robbery to call that many games, and not get super ROI. I know. The math doesnt lie.

So on a bad week for you is breaking even. What bets are you placing that gives you .25 cents on the dollar?

How many millions do you have?

topscribe
Flip side is also very true. Any and all criticism is aways met with Orton's 21-12 in Chicago like he did it all himself or that once in high school Orton threw a football 70 plus yards.

Wut?

-----

Jsteve01
Yeah, I really like the way they have let things come to them. They havent forced anything. They let the draft come to them, and did the same in FA. McDaniels would have Panicked, and Shanahan would have reached.

PS,

I like the way they are handling the Orton thing to. He is the best QB on the team, he will start, unless another team makes us an offer we cant refuse.

To easy.

wow sounds pretty simple when you put it that way...so let me get this straight. You think the best guy at his position should start....hmmm Im going to have think about that one for a while

topscribe
08-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Don't do that to me, GEM. I'm married. :eek:

-----

Northman
08-04-2011, 03:39 PM
If you see the stats. You will notice that, the 400 yards a game the defense gave up, and 160 on the ground, really hurt the team.

Hopefully next offseason, you can have the stats reversed with that kind of lead, instead of playing from behind.

Well, at least you admit his stats are inflated and doesnt mean he is good. Opposing defenses laxed up which also enabled Orton to play catchup.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Hey want to tell me about how Orton's "Red Zone" numbers are tops in the NFL again?

lets make up things yet again?? ok?

Oh btw... MY Sports Book does a 99.99999999% correct betting.... I bet and win EVERY time!!!!

MY clients are so happy they name babies after me, AND they let me sleep with their wives.

Sucks to be you and only get 95% right...

Out of 16 games, can you call atleast 4 games a week on who will win(4points or more)?

Out of those 16 games, can call atleast 2 that will be a blowout(point spread)?

"" "" "" "" "" Can you call 2 games combined that will have low scoring or high scoring? (Total combined game points)

Can you call 2 conditions on Monday night football? WR receptions? RB Yards? Half Time Score>>> About 8-14 different (Game Props).

I know you can, just from talking to you on the forums. But if you applied that somewhere, on your own, im sure you do great. If you can pull up most of the stats, like you do, then I would think you can be successfull at it as well.

Yeah, it ain't hard to hit that on a weekly basis. Its the boneheads who make 50 bets a week, and lose 20 of them a week. Those are the ones who lose the real money and drive up the odds, for the smart sports gambler in the world. Somewhere around 15-20 million sports gamblers in North America. Its quite a big untapped sports market.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2011, 03:45 PM

PS,

To easy.

Dang clay - you have it all wrong - in Denver the FO/HC should not decide who the best QB is to put on the field, should not decide who they think the best draft picks for the Broncos should be - the fans should ;)

GEM
08-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Out of 16 games, can you call atleast 4 games a week on who will win(4points or more)?

"" "" "" "" "" Can you call 2 games combined that will have low scoring or high scoring? (Total combined game points)

Can you call 2 conditions on Monday night football? WR receptions? RB Yards? Half Time Score>>> About 8-14 different (Game Props).

I know you can, just from talking to you on the forums. But if you applied that somewhere, on your own, im sure you do great. If you can pull up most of the stats, like you do, then I would think you can be successfull at it as well.

Yeah, it ain't hard to hit that on a weekly basis. Its the boneheads who make 50 bets a week, and lose 20 of them a week. Those are the ones who lose the real money and drive up the odds, for the smart sports gambler in the world. Somewhere around 15-20 million sports gamblers in North America. Its quite a big untapped sports market.

We have guys and gals that do it weekly in our Pick Em Challenge...

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 03:46 PM

wow props for taking the high ground man.

weazel
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Dang clay - you have it all wrong - in Denver the FO/HC should not decide who the best QB is to put on the field, should not decide who they think the best draft picks for the Broncos should be - the fans should ;)

or better yet... the fans of single players that never knew anything about the Broncos until their favorite college QB was drafted by them (wrongfully so).

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
We have guys and gals that do it weekly in our Pick Em Challenge...

i said i would give 1 a week, and i got ripped for that. lol..

GEM
08-04-2011, 03:58 PM
i said i would give 1 a week, and i got ripped for that. lol..

You aren't that annoying guy that leaves messages on my phone begging me to call in a sports bet, are you? Damn it, I hate that freaking guy! :D

weazel
08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Soooooo because I like Tebow, I'm no longer a Broncos fan. Hmmmm...let me file that one.

It will go right under the topic header....BULLSHIT.

I think you are confusing what I meant... there are some "newer" people on here that don't give a shit about this team and will be long gone by the time Tebow is cut from this team.

There are Bronco fans who think Tebow will work out and some that dont... but then theres pure Tebow fans that showed up here that just want to see him and couldnt care less what team he's on.

hope that clears it up...

GEM
08-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I think you are confusing what I meant... there are some "newer" people on here that don't give a shit about this team and will be long gone by the time Tebow is cut from this team.

There are Bronco fans who think Tebow will work out and some that dont... but then theres pure Tebow fans that showed up here that just want to see him and couldnt care less what team he's on.

I have no idea if he will work out....that's the problem. The other problem I don't like fetal positions on the football field. I'd rather see that Predator guy a few seasons ago puking in Gillette than endure another season of the fainting goat. BUT....if Fainting Goat is the starter, through sleepy eyes and full yawns, I'll support his ass because first and foremost I am a mother****ing BRONCOS fan. :D

weazel
08-04-2011, 04:19 PM
I have no idea if he will work out....that's the problem. The other problem I don't like fetal positions on the football field. I'd rather see that Predator guy a few seasons ago puking in Gillette than endure another season of the fainting goat. BUT....if Fainting Goat is the starter, through sleepy eyes and full yawns, I'll support his ass because first and foremost I am a mother****ing BRONCOS fan. :D

Gem I dont like any of the QB's we have on this team... actually I dont like 80% of the players on this team. But it is what it is and we have to live with it until it changes. I don't care who starts this season because either way, we are losing a ton of games and the guy starting the season probably wont be the guy finishing the season.

Northman
08-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Fainting Goat.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So basically, he does this when pressure hits.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/33afcac1a2/shooting-kittens-with-laser-blasters

Lancane
08-04-2011, 04:24 PM

Ahh...you mean Jagsbch, very true grasshopper, very one tract mind that one is...

I'm neither for or against Tebow, all I know is that I want a franchise quarterback once more, one who shows up on every Sunday, gives his all even if that means carrying the team for that day and one who knows how to lead as well. Of course that goes without saying that he can spread the field, make all the throws and is a gamer.

I guess I'm not picky! :D

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Ahh...you mean Jagsbch, very true grasshopper, very one tract mind that one is...

I'm neither for or against Tebow, all I know is that I want a franchise quarterback once more, one who shows up on every Sunday, gives his all even if that means carrying the team for that day and one who knows how to lead as well. Of course that goes without saying that he can spread the field, make all the throws and is a gamer.

I guess I'm not picky! :D

that guy was the biggest idiot in the history of football. McD was a genius. Tebow the second coming...He loves to quote himself and refer to himself in the third person.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 04:29 PM
that guy was the biggest idiot in the history of football. McD was a genius. Tebow the second coming...He loves to quote himself and refer to himself in the third person.

He does tend to be excessively annoying!

GEM
08-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Fainting Goat.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So basically, he does this when pressure hits.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/33afcac1a2/shooting-kittens-with-laser-blasters

Are they shocking those poor ittle kittens? :(

Northman
08-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Are they shocking those poor ittle kittens? :(

Nah, the kittens evidently have some sort of disease (ironically fainting goat is the name of it or something like that). These kittens died shortly after the video was made as not much could be done. But apparently their muscles tighten up when they hear loud noises and they fall over harmlessly. Once they relax they get back up. Certainly sad for the kittens but i funny how they did the video which reminded me of your comment about Orton.

Lonestar
08-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Granted, you and I may have taken Rivers over Cutler, but I would take Cutler over Orton any day of the week and twice on Sunday! Hell, I can name a plethura of quarterbacks I would take over Orton.

And I agree with the Houckli Fubar, but that is why Houckli will be immortalized in the Colorado Hall of Fame, because he is obviously a fan! :lol:

I used to know Ben Drieth an NFL offical way back had work done on my car at his Body shop In Adams city ..

Used to talk Football with him for hours.. At the time they would not let him do DEN games unless it was an emergency.

Good old guy..

Lonestar
08-05-2011, 12:33 AM
He only hears the "intelligent" responses...i.e. those that agree with him. I wonder if his ears have an actually "iggy list"

wow such humor.. ahahahahaha

I guess this place is now drifting to the place where opposing opines get shouted down.. or made fun of ..

Wish we could put ANYONE on iggy..

Lonestar
08-05-2011, 12:37 AM

~G

Was before my time alos online.. But I could get bronce talk on KOA broncos talk at night here then and there was a lot of hate and discontent when mikye promoted greise over brister..

WOW maybe that is where I got my training for the jake wars.:laugh::laugh:.

Dzone
08-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Hey whatever happened to jagsbtch and broncogator and all those types?

Lonestar
08-05-2011, 12:43 AM
lol

Yep thatt showed up when jay played SAN. He was so mentally overmatched by Rivers it was not funny..

Guess it just take balls if your a mental midget..

ME id rather have some one that can walk the walk instead of talk bull crap.

GEM
08-05-2011, 04:28 PM

Hey JR....keep your stupid comments about this post out of my MHS's. If you weren't aware that quote "win a mother****ing game" came from the guy who's nuts you hang off. McDaniels.

Dg7sPOdVN4k

So if you want to talk about lack of class and that comment, talk to that dipshit you salivate over.

Northman
08-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Yea, JR is good at those MHS digs.

GEM
08-05-2011, 04:33 PM
wow such humor.. ahahahahaha

I guess this place is now drifting to the place where opposing opines get shouted down.. or made fun of ..

Wish we could put ANYONE on iggy..

Yea you would have been on mine a year and a few months ago when you pulled the stupid April Fool's pity party joke.

And you want to talk about class.....who with any class, has a friend tell a message board full of close knit posters that he died just to see the reaction. So before piping off about class, you better buy yourself some.

Cugel
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM

I felt the same way. But, once McDaniels was FIRED I immediately felt a lot better. It was like a summer breeze blowing clean through the November air! :beer:

Cugel
08-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by G_Money View Post

~G

The Griese v. Bubby Brister controversy was the worst. I couldn't go to work without listening to people sitting around and arguing whether Brian Griese was ever going to be the QB Shanahan hoped he'd be.

It divided the locker room terribly, it divided the fans. It was a total disaster and the team responded by going 6-10.

BTW: 6-10 is NOT going to get you Andrew Luck so forget it! The Broncos would need to lose at LEAST 12 games and probably 13 or 14, maybe even 15 games to get Luck.

Whoever has the #1 pick will take Luck. They will not trade him no matter what the offer is.

Would you want to be remembered for trading Peyton Manning for a couple of picks who wound up being a pretty good but nothing special DE and a LB or something -- then watch as he goes into the Hall of Fame.

Rather like the idiots who cut Brett Favre.

So there is little upside to a horrible record.

That, however, will not stop legions of imbeciles from tweeting "woot! woot! Andrew Luck here we come!" :coffee:

Lancane
08-05-2011, 05:03 PM
The Griese v. Bubby Brister controversy was the worst. I couldn't go to work without listening to people sitting around and arguing whether Brian Griese was ever going to be the QB Shanahan hoped he'd be.

It divided the locker room terribly, it divided the fans. It was a total disaster and the team responded by going 6-10.

BTW: 6-10 is NOT going to get you Andrew Luck so forget it! The Broncos would need to lose at LEAST 12 games and probably 13 or 14, maybe even 15 games to get Luck.

Whoever has the #1 pick will take Luck. They will not trade him no matter what the offer is.

Would you want to be remembered for trading Peyton Manning for a couple of picks who wound up being a pretty good but nothing special DE and a LB or something -- then watch as he goes into the Hall of Fame.

Rather like the idiots who cut Brett Favre.

So there is little upside to a horrible record.

That, however, will not stop legions of imbeciles from tweeting "woot! woot! Andrew Luck here we come!" :coffee:

Got to wonder what Carolina would do if they end up with the first overall pick again...:shocked:

Ravage!!!
08-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Well.. going six and ten might had something to do with losing both Sharpe and Davis, for the season, by week 4.

Also.. if a team that just used their first round pick on a QB last year, might very well trade the #1 spot away to a team looking to draft Luck. Never know who's going to end up with that pick.

TXBRONC
08-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Yea, JR is good at those MHS digs.

It is against the rules. He also not the only one does it.

Canmore
08-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Well.. going six and ten might had something to do with losing both Sharpe and Davis, for the season, by week 4.

Also.. if a team that just used their first round pick on a QB last year, might very well trade the #1 spot away to a team looking to draft Luck. Never know who's going to end up with that pick.

If Luck repeats his 2010 season he is going number one in the draft. To whom I have no idea. Somebody may package the farm to move up alla Ditka and Ricky Williams.

Lancane
08-06-2011, 03:07 AM
If Luck repeats his 2010 season he is going number one in the draft. To whom I have no idea. Somebody may package the farm to move up alla Ditka and Ricky Williams.

That really depends on who gets the first overall pick, and a lot depends on the supplemental draft, if or when there is one.

Oakland is hoping to nab Pryor through the supplemental, but if he's forced to wait a season his stock could well plummet. What teams really have a quarterback need? Oakland if they don't get Pryor, Dallas if they feel it's time to move on from Romo, Tennessee just drafted the heir apparent to the position same with Minnesota, Cincinnati, Jacksonville and San Fran. Detroit could get in the mix if they feel Stafford is not the guy, Buffalo will be in the mix or should be, Seattle is much the same. Miami you know will be looking...unless Henne breaks out this year and the same could be said for Beck in Washington.

So let's figure five or six teams, this draft could literally see five or six kids graded as first round, early second round prospects. Of course the cream of the crop will remain Luck and Barkley, followed by Cousins, Lindley and Jones.

BroncoStud
08-06-2011, 08:37 AM

Hopefully US.

BroncoJoe
08-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Shanahan has openly stated that was one of his biggest mistakes.

Ravage!!!
08-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Shanahan has openly stated that was one of his biggest mistakes.

Losing Sharpe and Davis by week four?

TXBRONC
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Losing Sharpe and Davis by week four?

No starting Griese over Brister.

topscribe
08-07-2011, 01:19 PM
No starting Griese over Brister.

Right. Even over and beyond Pro Bowl, as Griese earned, Brister might have been
All-Pro. Terrible mistake.

-----

BroncoStud
08-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I thought Bubby had earned the starting gig, it didn't seem right to take it from him when we did.

TXBRONC
08-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I thought Bubby had earned the starting gig, it didn't seem right to take it from him when we did.

Bubby brought comraderieship to the team.

Ravage!!!
08-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I never understood the love-fest for Bubby Brister. I guess I just didn't have that much affection for him. Never really considered him to be something I was hoping to see at starting QB.

chazoe60
08-08-2011, 11:44 PM
I never understood the love-fest for Bubby Brister. I guess I just didn't have that much affection for him. Never really considered him to be something I was hoping to see at starting QB.
Bubby was just kind of a lovable goofball and he did an admirable job getting us through games when John was a little beat up. A lot of back up QBs who win SB rings don't really see the field but Bubby sure as Hell earned his rings.