PDA

View Full Version : SI.com Playoff Prediction

Mike
11-18-2008, 03:02 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dom_bonvissuto/11/18/playoff.projections/index.html

AFC
Tennessee Titans (10-0)

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 1 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. NY Jets (W); at Detroit (W); vs. Cleveland (W); at Houston (L); vs. Pittsburgh (W); at Indianapolis (L)
Final Projected Record; Playoff Seeding: 14-2; No. 1 seed
Extra Point: We predict Tennessee's perfection will end in a meaningless road game at Houston after the Titans already secure home-field advantage. The Titans can clinch a playoff spot Sunday if the following four things all happen: 1) Titans win; 2) Dolphins lose or tie; 3) Ravens lose or tie; 4) Steelers lose.

Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3)

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 2 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Cincinnati (W); at New England (L); vs. Dallas (L); at Baltimore (W); at Tennessee (L); vs. Cleveland (W)
Final Projected Record: 10-6; No. 4 seed
Extra Point: The most important game for Pittsburgh the rest of the way will be Week 15 at Baltimore; the Steelers beat the Ravens in Week 4.

New York Jets (7-3)

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 3 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Tennessee (L); vs. Denver (L); at San Francisco (W); vs. Buffalo (W); at Seattle (W); vs. Miami (W)
Final Projected Record: 11-5; No. 3 seed (lose tiebreaker with Denver on head-to-head)
Extra Point: After Week 12, all of the Jets' difficult games come at home.

Denver Broncos (6-4)

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 4 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Oakland (W); at NY Jets (W); vs. Kansas City (W); at Carolina (L); vs. Buffalo (W); at San Diego (W)
Final Projected Record: 11-5; No. 2 seed (win tiebreaker with NY Jets on head-to-head)Extra Point: With a two-game cushion in the AFC West, the Broncos could wrap up the division title relatively early and shoot for a first-round bye.

Indianapolis Colts (6-4)

If The Playoffs Started Today: No. 5 seed (wins tiebreaker with Baltimore and Miami on conference record)
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at San Diego (W), at Cleveland (W), vs. Cincinnati (W), vs. Detroit (W), at Jacksonville (L), vs. Tennessee (W)
Final Projected Record: 11-5; No. 5 seed
Extra Point: Back-to-back road contests the next two weekends will show whether Peyton Manning and company are indeed back.

Baltimore Ravens (6-4)

If The Playoffs Started Today: No. 6 (wins tiebreaker over Miami on head-to-head)
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Philadelphia (L); at Cincinnati (W); vs. Washington (W); vs. Pittsburgh (L); at Dallas (L); vs. Jacksonville (W)
Final Projected Record: 9-7; Out
Extra Point: Three games remaining against NFC East teams spell trouble.

Miami Dolphins (6-4)

If The Playoffs Started Today: Out
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. New England (W), at St. Louis (W), at Buffalo (L), vs. San Francisco (W), at Kansas City (W), at NY Jets (L)
Final Projected Record: 10-6; No. 6 seed (win tiebreaker with New England on head-to-head)
Extra Point: If the Dolphins hold serve against the three losing teams remaining on their schedule, they'll set themselves up nicely for an improbable trip to the playoffs.

New England Patriots (6-4)

Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Miami (L); vs. Pittsburgh (W); at Seattle (W); at Oakland (W); vs. Arizona (W); at Buffalo (L)
Final Projected Record: 10-6; Out
Extra Point: Huge game Sunday against the Dolphins, who already beat the Pats once this season. Tiebreaker scenarios do not favor New England if the projected results play out.

Buffalo Bills (5-5)

Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Kansas City (W), vs. San Francisco (W), vs. Miami (W), at NY Jets (L), at Denver (L), vs. New England (W)
Final Projected Record: 9-7; out
Extra Point: Losers in five of last six and sitting in last in the AFC East, it's difficult to see Buffalo making a serious run at the playoffs.

San Diego Chargers (4-6)

Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Indianapolis (L), vs. Atlanta (W), vs. Oakland (W), at Kansas City (W), at Tampa Bay (W), vs. Denver (L)
Final Projected Record: 8-8; out
Extra Point: San Diego dug itself too deep a hole early, so even a strong final six games won't be enough to make the playoffs -- but will it be enough to save Norv Turner's job?

LRtagger
11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow that would be fantastic if we finished 11-5 and got a first round bye

horsesense
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
thats the first thing I thought..
Wow! That'd be awesome to get a 1st round bye.
10-6 is even a little hopeful, but Im more of a believer now than I was 2 weeks ago..

Mike
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow that would be fantastic if we finished 11-5 and got a first round bye

I got a chuckle out of it anyways. To think this is the same Denver team that got smacked by the Jags, demolished by the Pats, and beat by Miami a few weeks ago. 2 wins and all the sudden the sky is the limit. :laugh:

And here I was hoping for 3-3 in the final 6 and winner of the division.

broncofaninfla
11-18-2008, 03:28 PM
LOL! Honestly I didn't see a chance for a first round bye either but looks like there is a chance. It's way too early to count our cookies just yet but it looks like we have our future in our own hands.

Day1BroncoFan
11-18-2008, 03:39 PM
I was thinking we'd go more like 4-2. Is this aricle written by a Bronco fan?

That would be great if it happens. :dance:

BroncoJoe
11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
did they do the NFC as well?

Dreadnought
11-18-2008, 03:41 PM
I got a chuckle out of it anyways. To think this is the same Denver team that got smacked by the Jags, demolished by the Pats, and beat by Miami a few weeks ago. 2 wins and all the sudden the sky is the limit. :laugh:

I think thats probably the most realistic scenario Mike - and I would be reasonably happy with it considering inexperience and injuries. Unfortunately, I think this team has another dud game or two in them.

Doesn't hurt to hope for more though :D

broncofaninfla
11-18-2008, 03:42 PM
NFC
New York Giants (9-1)
If The Playoffs Started Today: No. 1 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Arizona (W), at Washington (L), vs. Philadelphia (W), at Dallas (L), vs. Carolina (W), at Minnesota (L)
Final Projected Record: 12-4; No. 1 seed
Extra Point: The defending champs could be fairly beat up going into the playoffs -- they do not face a team with a losing record the rest of the way.
Carolina Panthers (8-2)
If The Playoffs Started Today: No. 2 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Atlanta (L), at Green Bay (L), vs. Tampa Bay (W), vs. Denver (W), at NY Giants (L), at New Orleans (L)
Final Projected Record: 10-6; Out (lose tiebreaker with New Orleans on division record)
Extra Point: The Panthers' recent play doesn't inspire much confidence, and simply winning their final two home games likely won't be enough.
Arizona Cardinals (7-3)
If The Playoffs Started Today: No. 3 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. NY Giants (L), at Philadelphia (W), vs. St. Louis (W), vs. Minnesota (W), at New England (L), vs. Seattle (W)
Final Projected Record: 11-5; No. 2 seed
Extra Point: Arizona can clinch the NFC West title Sunday if these three things all happen: 1) Cardinals win; 2) Niners lose; 3) Seahawks lose or tie.
Green Bay Packers (5-5)
If The Playoffs Started Today: No. 4 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at New Orleans (W), vs. Carolina (W), vs. Houston (W), at Jacksonville (W), at Chicago (L), vs. Detroit (W)
Final Projected Record: 10-6; No. 3 seed (win tiebreaker with New Orleans on head-to-head)
Extra Point: A very favorable schedule, facing only one team with a winning record the rest of the way, combined with the mediocrity of the NFC North should equal a return trip to the playoffs.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-3)
If The Playoffs Started Today: No. 5 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Detroit (W), vs. New Orleans (L), at Carolina (L), at Atlanta (L), vs. San Diego (L), vs. Oakland (W)
Final Projected Record: 9-7; out
Extra Point: Home games against potent offenses in New Orleans and San Diego will be tough tests for the Bucs D. The loss of Earnest Graham (ankle) for the season will be too difficult to overcome.
Washington Redskins (6-4)
If The Playoffs Started Today: No. 6 seed
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Seattle (W), vs. NY Giants (W), at Baltimore (L), at Cincinnati (W), vs. Philadelphia (W), at San Francisco (W)
Final Projected Record: 11-5; No. 5 seed (win tiebreaker with Dallas on division record)
Extra Point: Four road games in the final six appears to be a tall task, but not when three are against losing teams.
Dallas Cowboys (6-4)

Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. San Francisco (W), vs. Seattle (W), at Pittsburgh (W), vs. NY Giants (W), vs. Baltimore (W), at Philadelphia (L)
Final Projected Record: 11-5; No. 6 seed (lose tiebreaker with Washington on division record)
Extra Point: Two-straight home games against NFC West patsies means the Cowboys should be 8-4 and have momentum and confidence heading into a brutal four-game stretch to end the season.
Atlanta Falcons (6-4)
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Carolina (W), at San Diego (L), at New Orleans (L), vs. Tampa Bay (W), at Minnesota (L), vs. St. Louis (W)
Extra Point: Atlanta has been great at home, but it will need to pull off a road upset to have a shot at the wild card.
Philadelphia Eagles (5-4-1)
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Baltimore (W), vs. Arizona (L), at NY Giants (L), vs. Cleveland (L), at Washington (L), vs. Cowboys (W)
Final Projected Record: 7-8-1; Out
Extra Point: A tough team to figure out and in a deep division like the NFC East, Philadelphia's inconsistency is too much to overcome.
Chicago Bears (5-5)
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at St. Louis (W), at Minnesota (L), vs. Jacksonville (W), vs. New Orleans (L), vs. Green Bay (W), at Houston (W)
Extra Point: The NFC North title could come down to a Week 16 game against Green Bay, but Chicago will have to take care of business beforehand to make it matter.
Minnesota Vikings (5-5)
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Jacksonville (L), vs. Chicago (W), at Detroit (W), at Arizona (L), vs. Atlanta (W), vs. NY Giants (W)
Extra Point: The Vikings could benefit from a Week 17 game against the Giants, who may be in rest-and-recuperate mode.
New Orleans Saints (5-5)
Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Green Bay (L), at Tampa Bay (W), vs. Atlanta (W), at Chicago (W), at Detroit (W), vs. Carolina (W)
Final Projected Record: 10-6; No. 4 seed (win tiebreaker with Carolina on division record)
Extra Point: We like the Saints getting on a roll at the end of the season, but that could change if they end up losing players to suspension for using the weight-loss diuretic.

Magnificent Seven
11-18-2008, 04:34 PM
AFC West teams vs. Broncos

Broncos can win over Raiders and Chiefs at Denver. However, they must play harder in San Diego to win the division title.

Bills vs. Broncos

Cleveland Browns have won over Bills from last night. That mean, Broncos can play well against the Bills at Denver with Denver's fans help. (Loudest Stadium)

Broncos vs. Jets

Big test for Broncos. Favre is 1-3 against Broncos. They must raise some hell over Jets.

Broncos vs. Panthers

Tough game. Broncos are 3-0 against NFC South. Hopefully to get 4-0.

BeefStew25
11-18-2008, 04:37 PM
I think we will lose the rest of our games and then a giant earthquake will demolish the earth.

Signed,
Jrwiz

LordTrychon
11-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Funny... As much turmoil as we as fans have gone through in our losses and close wins this year.... We're one game back of the #2 and #3 teams in the conference.... it's not so bad afterall.

broncofaninfla
11-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Funny... As much turmoil as we as fans have gone through in our losses and close wins this year.... We're one game back of the #2 and #3 teams in the conference.... it's not so bad afterall.

It's weird, it almost seems like the injuries to some of the players has turned out to be a blessing for us. The guys that have filled in have stepped up and out performed the starters. As it is now, the only hurt player on defense I would like to have back right now is Champ. Maybe DJ if we can keep Woodyard on the field somehow. :beer:

LordTrychon
11-18-2008, 05:04 PM
It's weird, it almost seems like the injuries to some of the players has turned out to be a blessing for us. The guys that have filled in have stepped up and out performed the starters. As it is now, the only hurt player on defense I would like to have back right now is Champ. Maybe DJ if we can keep Woodyard on the field somehow. :beer:

I think adversity and coaching adjustments... as well as getting some hungry players out there have really helped.

Hopefully, we can continue to improve with DJ and Champ back... and not go back to resting on our laurels. From what I've heard, we've allowed the corners to not ALWAYS be 12 yds off the receiver, for example. I hope we keep mixing that up a bit.

The young LBs have brought some energy to the defense, (again just from what I've heard... I'll be seeing the ATL game tonight :beer:) Hopefully DJ comes back and everyone stays energized... and maybe even get Woodyard in at Sam or Safety.

turftoad
11-18-2008, 05:05 PM

I agree. 11-5 as predicted, would have us winning 5 of the last 6 games. Not likely.

NameUsedBefore
11-18-2008, 05:14 PM
I think we can beat Carolina, but we'll drop an "easy" one and may lose to the Chargers in San Diego. 11-5 is really pushing it, IMO. Plus, a strong finish...? That's going totally against recent history.

TXBRONC
11-18-2008, 05:15 PM

If Denver plays as the rest of way like they did against Atlanta going 11-5 isn't unrealistic given what our schedule is the rest of the way.

turftoad
11-18-2008, 05:21 PM
If Denver plays as the rest of way like they did against Atlanta going 11-5 isn't unrealistic given what our schedule is the rest of the way.

Sun Nov.23 VS. OAKLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
Sun Nov.30 at New York Jets Giants Stadium 4:15 PM EST CBS
Sun Dec. 7 VS. KANSAS CITY INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
Sun Dec.14 at Carolina Bank of America Stadium 1:00 PM EST CBS
Sun Dec.21 VS. BUFFALO INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
Sun Dec.28 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 1:15 PM PST CBS

Atlants is not bad but thier no Carolina or NYJ.

SD at home is going to be tough too and you CANNOT overlook the rest either.

Hobe
11-18-2008, 09:37 PM
I'd take a #2 seed!:beer:

BroncoWave
11-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I'd be happy enough if we just win our last 3 home games (all against very beatable opponents) because 9-7 will easily win this division IMO.

broncophan
11-18-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd be happy enough if we just win our last 3 home games (all against very beatable opponents) because 9-7 will easily win this division IMO.

If we only win 3 more games we better make sure the jets and bills are 2 of the wins......we may need those for a tie breaker for a wild card.....

I'm not so sure 9-7 will win the West....or if SD beats us the last week and we happen to be tied with them at 9-7......who wins the tiebreaker?......I think right now we are both 2-1 in the division...

tubby
11-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Fo Sho!

BroncoWave
11-18-2008, 10:29 PM
If we only win 3 more games we better make sure the jets and bills are 2 of the wins......we may need those for a tie breaker for a wild card.....

I'm not so sure 9-7 will win the West....or if SD beats us the last week and we happen to be tied with them at 9-7......who wins the tiebreaker?......I think right now we are both 2-1 in the division...

SD has to fininsh 5-1 to finish 9-7. Absolutely no way that happens IMO. And after the Colts beat them this week, they would have to win out to accomplish that feat which definitely won't happen.

MasterShake
11-18-2008, 10:34 PM
That would be crazy if we went nuts and finished 12-4. At the same time, Tennessee could have a meltdown and lose 5 of the last 6 and make us the #1 Seed! We could have a break until the divisional round and smoke some scrub team at home. Then we take out some other punks in the AFC Championship game, and then take on another surprising late bloomer- The Dallas Cowboys. Two unlikely teams face each other in the Super Bowl and then...and then...I wake up.

I don't care at this point. All I ever want every year is the Broncos to play hard win or lose, and they are doing that right now. Theres no reason we can't go to the playoffs and maybe even win a wildcard round. Any postseason Broncos football will make the offseason that much more bearable.

JKcatch724
11-18-2008, 10:44 PM
The way this team's been playing the past couple of weeks this prediction could hold some ground. I do expect a playoff spot, but I think to finish off 5-1 is a little hopeful given this team's consistent inconsistensy. But who knows? Anything's possible.

gobroncsnv
11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm kinda wondering how we'll be as a "weather" team, come playoff time. We rely pretty heavily on the pass. Glad to see we showed some life in our ground attack against the Falcons, but not sure how well they rate in rush D. We'll need to toughen up some, 'cause right now, we're still a bit of a "pretty" team. Jets, Bills, and Carolina look like our toughest games ahead, because I think things are going to be fairly well settled by the time we hit SD. I think we'll win the division, but we better get some more fire about us if visions of playoff sugarplums are dancing in our heads.

TXBRONC
11-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Sun Nov.23 VS. OAKLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
Sun Nov.30 at New York Jets Giants Stadium 4:15 PM EST CBS
Sun Dec. 7 VS. KANSAS CITY INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
Sun Dec.14 at Carolina Bank of America Stadium 1:00 PM EST CBS
Sun Dec.21 VS. BUFFALO INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
Sun Dec.28 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 1:15 PM PST CBS

Atlants is not bad but thier no Carolina or NYJ.

SD at home is going to be tough too and you CANNOT overlook the rest either.

I'm not looking past anyone. All I'm saying is that if Denver plays like they did against the Falcons then going 11-5 isn't unrealistic. However, think we have a better shot at going 4-2 down the stretch than we do 5-1.

TXBRONC
11-19-2008, 12:02 AM
SD has to finish 5-1 to finish 9-7. Absolutely no way that happens IMO. And after the Colts beat them this week, they would have to win out to accomplish that feat which definitely won't happen.

I agree I think it's highly unlikely that the Chargers go 5-1 down the stretch. Also if they lose to Colts and the Broncos beat the Raiders that should just about sew up the division.

There is still plenty of football left to play and anything can happen, but I like our chances with Denver win and San Diego loss on Sunday.

Lonestar
11-19-2008, 12:11 AM
11-5 ahahahahaha

BeefStew25
11-19-2008, 12:12 AM
11-5 ahahahahaha

raider troll

JKcatch724
11-19-2008, 12:35 AM
11-5 ahahahahaha

If the Broncos go to the playoffs and win at least one, I think Jrwiz should have to streak through downtown Denver in nothing but an extra small Tatum Bell jersey. Thoughts?

Lonestar
11-19-2008, 12:44 AM
If the Broncos go to the playoffs and win at least one, I think Jrwiz should have to streak through downtown Denver in nothing but an extra small Tatum Bell jersey. Thoughts?

would not fit over my fathead.. :laugh:

tubby
11-19-2008, 12:47 AM
would not fit over my fathead.. :laugh:

Do your ever beat it against a wall when Denver wins?

G_Money
11-19-2008, 12:57 AM
We've had back to back gasping victories and we're now going 11-5? Wow. Somebody loves us.

10-6 would be our ceiling IMO, and I'm like Mike and planning on 9-7. We're dropping that last game to SD. It's all they'll have left to play for at the time as we should have the division sewn up. :D Chargers fans blame this season on us, so I can see the players doing the same and needing that victory. We just won't want it as badly as they do.

I'm just looking for the kids to get a good look at a playoff push. I don't care what the record is, just that we compete hard and start building the necessary experiences to forge all this youth into a serious force of men.

But for now, just bring on Oakland. No more choke-jobs like we had against KC please. Let's get past that before we start talking about 11-5.

~G

Shazam!
11-19-2008, 02:33 AM
But for now, just bring on Oakland. No more choke-jobs like we had against KC please. Let's get past that before we start talking about 11-5.

~G

My sentiments exactly.

A W on Sunday is equally important as SD going down vs. Indy as the Colts need the game. 3 games up with 5 to go is great with a tough game coming at the NY Bretts.

They may not even need the finale if they have the 3rd or 4th Seed locked up.

Who would believe 9-7 could win this.

Ohhhhhhhh baby... I wasn't too optimistic a few weeks ago, but the Division title would be sweet.

Lonestar
11-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Frankly after seeing the game on NFL replay.. 11-5 is not a chance in hell.. IF we win this division it is an empty win cause SAN lost it more than we deserved it with superb play...

The defense was just shy of pathetic and had smith not dropped a sure TD in the End zone this euphoria would not be happening..

Yes it was a win.. but dropping passes on our side (leading the league in them), and while everyone was happy with the LB play perhaps I had higher expectations going into the game, after hearing on here how great they played..

Other than a couple for great plays behind the LOS they were making the plays 5-8 yards down field all day.. They ate our lunch up the gut.. but we contained them pretty much when they tried to go wide.

Sorry but I was not impressed at all with our Defense in this game.. other than it was not AS bad as it was a few weeks ago..

I saw a alot of pretty good runs by Hillis and Pope maybe I did not get to see every play on replay but why Hillis is not the starting RB as we speak boggles my imagination..

LRtagger
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
We've had back to back gasping victories and we're now going 11-5? Wow. Somebody loves us.

10-6 would be our ceiling IMO, and I'm like Mike and planning on 9-7. We're dropping that last game to SD. It's all they'll have left to play for at the time as we should have the division sewn up. :D Chargers fans blame this season on us, so I can see the players doing the same and needing that victory. We just won't want it as badly as they do.

I'm just looking for the kids to get a good look at a playoff push. I don't care what the record is, just that we compete hard and start building the necessary experiences to forge all this youth into a serious force of men.

~G

Bingo...any playoff experience we can get these young guys is much needed. Even if we are 1 and done, the experience should help for the future, whether we finish 11-5 or 9-7.

Day1BroncoFan
11-19-2008, 11:32 AM
If we can stick it to the faiders Sunday I'll be a lot happier about our chances for sure.

gobroncsnv
11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Chargers fans blame this season on us, so I can see the players doing the same and needing that victory.

Really hope that's true instead of them looking in the mirror to realize what the problem is (along with Turner)

~G

Yeah, we need to ..... wait for it...

take the rest of this season 1 game at a time. A couple of nice, come-from-behind wins, but we haven't proven that we're good enough to overlook ANYBODY yet.

tubby
11-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Frankly after seeing the game on NFL replay.. 11-5 is not a chance in hell.. IF we win this division it is an empty win cause SAN lost it more than we deserved it with superb play...

The defense was just shy of pathetic and had smith not dropped a sure TD in the End zone this euphoria would not be happening..

Yes it was a win.. but dropping passes on our side (leading the league in them), and while everyone was happy with the LB play perhaps I had higher expectations going into the game, after hearing on here how great they played..

Other than a couple for great plays behind the LOS they were making the plays 5-8 yards down field all day.. They ate our lunch up the gut.. but we contained them pretty much when they tried to go wide.

Sorry but I was not impressed at all with our Defense in this game.. other than it was not AS bad as it was a few weeks ago..

I saw a alot of pretty good runs by Hillis and Pope maybe I did not get to see every play on replay but why Hillis is not the starting RB as we speak boggles my imagination..

:lol:

Who is smith, btw?

omac
11-20-2008, 12:44 AM

Denver definitely has weaknesses, but to say we didn't deserve it with superb play .....

Against Atlanta:

Cutler to Marshall deep when we were behind. Very tough play for a QB to make that throw, then you add that Cutler was being pressured so he had to move in the pocket. Add to that Marshall was being covered pretty well and made a great catch.

Cutler to Graham TD. Pressure forced Jay out of the pocket, defenders swirling all around him and Graham. He had the poise and accuracy to buy time and throw the perfect pass in a place that only Graham could catch, and Graham makes a great grab.

RB crew depleted. Hillis takes up the slack, charging in for a 6 yard TD run, and an outside run for another.

LB crew depleted. Larsen, Woodyard, and Winborn take up the slack. Larsen was pretty good at directing the defense and getting himself and everyone in the right positions to gang-tackle their rushers, making some good tackles himself.

Eddie Royal. Not just all his tough, clutch catches, but the field position he consistently gave Denver in the returns.

Against Cleveland:

Tony Scheffler, obviously playing while still in pain. Moves ginerly througout the game. Makes the big catches, like the early one deep, or the one to the left sideline. Doesn't have the explossion in his step, but still guts it out.

Cutler, 3 TD passes in the 4th quarter to bring back his team to win.

Against SD:

Most SD fans, and curiously a lot of Bronco fans, will focus on the bad Hochulli call. Why not focus on Cutler to Royal in the endzone on 4th down and long? Or the 2 point conversion for the win, Cutler to Royal again?

Against NO:

When NO needed only to get short yardage in order to get a 1st down and run the clock down so ensure that their FG would be the last play made; DJ penetrates their LOS and tackles their RB for a loss, forcing them to make their FG early. It's true that NO missed, but even had they made it, Denver would've had an opportunity to march the field and win the game, since NO couldn't stop them either.

There are TONS, TONS, TONS more examples why they deserved those wins due to their superb play.

Say what you want about Denver's weaknesses, or the luck and opportunities they get, but don't say they didn't deserve those wins. They earned them. :rockon:

omac
11-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Just to add, it's not Denver's fault that SD with all their talent, has been experiencing difficulties in closing out games. They've lost a lot of close ones. Surprisingly, the bottom-feeders Oakland and KC have also been pretty competitive against solid teams, also falling short when they needed to make big plays.

Our division isn't great, but winning a division is an accomplishment no matter how bad your team or your opponents are; it's even greater when you consider all the injuries to this team. 3 LBs(?), 4 RBs(?), TE, WR, etc. That's amazing. Hope it happens, no matter what our record.

omac
11-20-2008, 01:17 AM
One more point.

At 6-4, we have a better record than only 1 division leading team (NFC North). Of the other 6 divisions, we are only 1 game behind the division leader in 3 of those divisions. Only 3 teams have practically dominated the season ... Tennessee, NYG, and Carolina. That's not too bad at all.

That means that in 5 of the 8 divisions, record-wise, we'd have a decent chance of winning the division.