PDA

View Full Version : Broncos pull a reverse.... done with TEBOW???

Pages : [1] 2

MileHighCrew
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi believes Tim Tebow is "ultimately" not in the Broncos' plans.Lombardi reported at least twice this past offseason that Tebow lacks support in the front office. Lombardi concedes that many in Denver denied his report. The Broncos were shopping Kyle Orton heavily just one week ago, which suggests a belief in Tebow. If last year's first rounder is no longer in the team's plans, then the front office has changed its mind on the direction of the franchise after one week of no-pads practice. Aug 3, 3:44 PMSource: Chris Wesseling on Twitter

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I could see them trading Tebow..... You could get a 2nd for Kyle, I bet some "out of town Stupid" GM would give a 1 for Tim...

In a heartbeat... Of course it could be "Lou Brock for Ernis Broglio II"

Northman
08-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I guess the talk about Denver being impatient with its young players is true. I dont think ive seen ANY franchise give up on a #1 drafted QB after just 3 games. Very odd if you ask me. (if this report is true of course)

GEM
08-03-2011, 03:32 PM
If this is true, I have serious questions about this front office.

turftoad
08-03-2011, 03:35 PM
I guess the talk about Denver being impatient with its young players is true. I dont think ive seen ANY franchise give up on a #1 drafted QB after just 3 games. Very odd if you ask me. (if this report is true of course)

The new front office did not draft Tebow, McFired did. McFired was all in on him, the new guys? Not so much by the looks of things.

BeefStew25
08-03-2011, 03:36 PM
I kinda like how EFX is not beholden to anyone. Fix the defense is job 1. Job 2 is to get Junior Whiz banned.

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 03:36 PM

IF you could get 1-2 top picks for a guy (hmmm kinda like Jay Cutler) ... WHY not?

Of course because you can point out you have a "Proven vet" you already are shopping around... You can use this to really rebuild the whole damn thing.

4-12 makes anything feasible

RebelRocker
08-03-2011, 03:37 PM

Why? Tebow was overdrafted, overhyped and clearly has a lot of fundamental issues to fix to be a starting NFL QB.

How hard is that for some fans to see?

You can't "rah rah" you're way to a win in the NFL.

BroncoStud
08-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I think Lombardi is a jackass who creates stories and is wrong most of the time anyway.

I see it like this. You name Orton the starter, what are the likely outcomes?

1.) It motivates Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn.

2.) It shows teams that Denver is serious about keeping Orton if they want his services it's going to take a 3rd rounder.

3.) It puts the lockerroom at ease, because he has looked the best in practice. John Elway knows Orton isn't the answer, he's no dummy, especially when it comes to knowing QB play. But if guys in the lockerroom want the player who is doing the best in practice to start, this solves that issue.

So the net result is that Orton plays, fails, and Tebow or Quinn is inserted and Denver never looks back (this was my line of thinking before Denver put Orton on the block) and Tebow is highly motivated to get better, fast, if he can.

I think it's the obvious answer to this situation. I said all along that you MUST trade Orton before preseason or there will be controversy. They tried, thanks to McDumbshit's extension to Orton, it failed, now they have a controversy on their hands. So you give the ball to Orton and let him fail on his own merit and let the transfer be a natural one.

The final net outcome is that Orton plays above his means and the Bronos enjoy offensive success or Orton fails under the enormous pressure (more likely) and then the Broncos can make the switch and move on because Orton is gone next year anyway.

Really, Orton has the most to lose and gain by this decision. He can earn himself a nice payday next year if he plays lights out or he can fall into his natural position of a career backup if he fails. The ball is truly in his court.

But the Broncos fate was sealed when a deal didn't materialize to trade Orton.

Northman
08-03-2011, 03:38 PM
The new front office did not draft Tebow, McFired did. McFired was all in on him, the new guys? Not so much by the looks of things.

True, but i just cant see any office not at least letting that player have more than 3 games to prove himself. Its just baffling. Could you of imagined something like that happening to John after 3 games? Doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

chazoe60
08-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Elway is in love with Luck and it's obvious. That's fine I love his potential as well, dude is the real deal. But, to go into this season and not even give Tebow reps with the first team and basically hand the team over to a guy we know will never take us to the promised land is inept IMHO.

Yes Orton looks amazing in pads, just like he looks really good when down by 21 and the defense is in prevent. How's he look with a blitz coming.

This is a depressing time to be a Broncos fan.

Northman
08-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Why? Tebow was overdrafted, overhyped and clearly has a lot of fundamental issues to fix to be a starting NFL QB.

I agree he was overdrafted. But, the 3 games he played for us (with a interim HC) he had stats that were right up there with Stafford and Bradford in their first 3 games and better in some cases (rushing). When i see that i dont know how any FO or coach could come to a conclusion to dump the kid.

BeefStew25
08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I agree he was overdrafted. But, the 3 games he played for us (with a interim HC) he had stats that were right up there with Stafford and Bradford in their first 3 games and better in some cases (rushing). When i see that i dont know how any FO or coach could come to a conclusion to dump the kid.

That is the part that frustrates me. Tebow was halfway decent in the three games last year. He seems to just suck in structured situations, but is better when things break down.

WARHORSE
08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Well, lets say for a moment they dont believe in Tebow.

What would be in your plans?

Just to cut him?

I dont think so.

At a minimum, you would want to trade him, and the team thats the most likely to be interested is again the Miami dolphins.

Tebow would set Florida on fire with excitement, and perhaps we could garner a great pick for him. If he goes down there and lights it up, and Denver loses, the Broncos fans are gonna burn Invesco down.

In the end, if you dont believe in Tebow, then trade him now and get the controversy out of Denver.

But if youre not sure, and youre going to let him ride the pine, then you got whats coming in the media doo doo storm the Broncos fans are going to bring with every single loss.

Every time we dont convert in the redzone or a third down, youre going to hear TEBOW! TEBOW!

And of course we'll have lots of great coverage on NFL Network.

chazoe60
08-03-2011, 03:44 PM

But have you seen Orton throw with shorts on? Dude is a baller.

Nomad
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM

This place ranks up there with the Keystone Cops and Bowlen/Ellis seems to be the common denominator at this point. If Tebow had played a season stinking up the joint I could understand them giving him a short leash because they didn't believe he had what it takes and Tebow proved them right. I wish the FO would be upfront and quit talking out of both sides of their mouth.......very wishywashy.

Northman
08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
But have you seen Orton throw with shorts on? Dude is a baller.

Next your going to tell me he wears Isotoner gloves.

BroncoStud
08-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Well, lets say for a moment they dont believe in Tebow.

What would be in your plans?

Just to cut him?

I dont think so.

At a minimum, you would want to trade him, and the team thats the most likely to be interested is again the Miami dolphins.

Tebow would set Florida on fire with excitement, and perhaps we could garner a great pick for him. If he goes down there and lights it up, and Denver loses, the Broncos fans are gonna burn Invesco down.

In the end, if you dont believe in Tebow, then trade him now and get the controversy out of Denver.

But if youre not sure, and youre going to let him ride the pine, then you got whats coming in the media doo doo storm the Broncos fans are going to bring with every single loss.

Every time we dont convert in the redzone or a third down, youre going to hear TEBOW! TEBOW!

And of course we'll have lots of great coverage on NFL Network.

Yep.

And Tebow is the only QB under contract after this season. Orton and Quinn could both be gone. Orton is almost surely gone and Quinn may or may not be, but if he impresses in Preseason who is to say a team like Miami won't make a play for him as well?

So if you trade Tebow in the offseason might it be that the Broncos could have 3 new QBs next year? I would estatic if Elway somehow landed Luck, but would a guy like that start right away?

Would Tebow be the projected starter NEXT year if we drafted a rookie? What if Tebow lights it up next year as our starter and we have a stud rookie behind him on the bench?

What if Orton gets hurt this year during the season (which happens every year) and Tebow plays lights out and Denver is sitting there in reach of Luck....

So many ways to go with this. About the only thing we can reasonably agree on is that Orton is most likely gone next year.

G_Money
08-03-2011, 03:57 PM
They're just trying to raise the profile of the organization. Media savvy.

Tebow chants and cheering every time Orton gets sacked = nightly conversation on ESPN = maybe Bowlen can rub a couple nickels together and pony up for a DT next year.

Just bidness. *laughs*

I still believe we should have moved Orton and given Tebow the reins if Orton's not in our long-term future. I don't see how Orton's the future - he's gonna be moderately expensive to re-sign and polarizing besides. This is a QB driven town. Blame Elway, but we do not identify with our defense or our running game. There are some towns in which a QB could be average and have a long career.

This is not one of those towns.

Your QB has to be able to win games all by himself. Tebow can do that, Orton can't. That doesn't make Tebow the future either, but it makes him electric to those that lived for Elway's 2 minute comebacks. Tebow's a sandlot footballer too. 58 minutes of average and 2 minutes of "Screw the playbook, go win me a game" will play well here.

58 minutes of average and 2 minutes of screwing up will make people chant for the backup.

But if Orton's gonna be here, and he's gonna start, then obviously they believe either Tim isn't ready, or he'll never be ready and thus isn't The Man. That makes Orton a stopgap (one that I don't understand, since you want to be bad to get the QB of the future, not have a one year mediocre season and THEN suck after you get the 4th best QB prospect instead of the 1st or 2nd). If Orton's the future, then he's got a long uphill slog ahead of him, and I wish him luck.

Until I see Orton confirmed as the starter for the season, though, I'm still skeptical that he's even the stopgap bridge to Tebow or our 2012 1st rounder. If Tebow brings it in game situations, and they can move Orton, they will IMO.

It works better for our future that way, whether Tebow pans out or not.

~G

slim
08-03-2011, 04:04 PM
When has Lombardi been right about anything?

topscribe
08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
This all reminds me of a comment I heard from a GM the other day: "Fans make
great fans, but they make lousy GMs." :lol:

-----

BroncoStud
08-03-2011, 04:07 PM

-----

I dunno, I think I could do at least AS GOOD as Josh McDaniels and Brian Xanders did over the past 2 years as acting GMs of the Denver Broncos. I promise we'd have more than 4 wins.

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 04:08 PM

-----

So GM's call you daily?

How come then did Orton NOT get 9 years 290 million from a GM this year?

topscribe
08-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I dunno, I think I could do at least AS GOOD as Josh McDaniels and Brian Xanders did over the past 2 years as acting GMs of the Denver Broncos. I promise we'd have more than 4 wins.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/slide_7409_98144_large.jpg

-----

GEM

Why is it that you insist on being rude in all of your posts. You can make your point without being a condescending ass.

How hard is it for you to see that we spent a 1st round draft pick on the guy, we won't get near that in return for the guy and he has the intangibles to get us through this year when there is no way we're competing for shit, and get a high qb next year.

I can't rah rah us to a win, but you sure can't get through a post without being an ass ass.

dogfish
somebody post again about how "EFX" has this big, awesome plan all worked out. . . .

:heh:

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Why is it that you insist on being rude in all of your posts. You can make your point without being a condescending ass.

How hard is it for you to see that we spent a 1st round draft pick on the guy, we won't get near that in return for the guy and he has the intangibles to get us through this year when there is no way we're competing for shit, and get a high qb next year.

I can't rah rah us to a win, but you sure can't get through a post without being an ass ass.

I will marry you if you talk to me like that every night....

Northman
08-03-2011, 04:10 PM
I will marry you if you talk to me like that every night....

She's holding out for Bronconut.

Stargazer
08-03-2011, 04:12 PM

That is really what this is all about. The worst thing that happened to Tebow was Josh was fired.

SOCALORADO.
08-03-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2008/03/matt-millen-030108.jpg

Hi! I am Matt Millen, and i would like to tell you about some very interesting new markets opening up in the ..............

Northman
08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
McD isnt happy.

2pPCEXq4mgk

BeefStew25
08-03-2011, 04:15 PM
somebody post again about how "EFX" has this big, awesome plan all worked out. . . .

:heh:

I think watching a couple of games might give us a better picture. Will you watch them with me, and together we can make a judgement?

Juriga72
She's holding out for Bronconut.

I am much shorter, uglier, and ... of course less desirable than Brocnonut...

GEM!!!! "If you set your goals low enough..... there's NOTHING you cannot accomplish"

topscribe
I kinda like how EFX is not beholden to anyone. Fix the defense is job 1. Job 2 is to get Junior Whiz banned.

Well, I don't know about the "banned" part. But they are not going to be
intimidated by his draft status or the investment they have in him. Fox made it
quite clear: "The best players will play." That is Tebow's challenge . . .

-----

nevcraw
08-03-2011, 04:17 PM
A whole of QB's were not ready after one year. Superstar in training Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, soon to be Cardinal starter Kolb, Bradshaw, Stauback, Farve,.....

If they dump him without trying to package him in or give him some time to develop then it would be absurd and we will deserve our fate. It will be one of those -- we are so stupid for getting rid of Tebow - look at us now..

Bugs Baloney
08-03-2011, 04:18 PM
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi believes Tim Tebow is "ultimately" not in the Broncos' plans.Lombardi reported at least twice this past offseason that Tebow lacks support in the front office. Lombardi concedes that many in Denver denied his report. The Broncos were shopping Kyle Orton heavily just one week ago, which suggests a belief in Tebow. If last year's first rounder is no longer in the team's plans, then the front office has changed its mind on the direction of the franchise after one week of no-pads practice. Aug 3, 3:44 PMSource: Chris Wesseling on Twitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6AkndwRpM

slim
08-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Guys, it was Michael Lombardi........relax.

dogfish
08-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I think watching a couple of games might give us a better picture. Will you watch them with me, and together we can make a judgement?

i'm scared, i need slick to hold me. . . .

sneakers
08-03-2011, 04:20 PM
What a turd of a story.

topscribe
08-03-2011, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6AkndwRpM

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_X0QXfeW4&NR=1

-----

Stargazer
08-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Wouldn't shock me one bit if Denver eventually trades Tebow.

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Lombardi and Schefter are guys who love to hear their own voice and pass opinion as facts......how many times have they stated shit that was wrong? Prob about 50% of the time.

How many teams dump 1st rounders after 3 games? Or even a 2nd or 3rd rounder? It just doesn't happen. Even more so if the person showed some potential.

Orton is great in practice....tebow is not.....that is known....tebow shines in games and orton does not.

Orton blows in games unless the defense is in prevent or its in the 1st half......we dont win with orton.....we may have a better defense this year so we dont get blown out but we are not going to win any damn games with FGs all day long.

I think we should go Tebow or bust........and draft Luck if we are in last.....Elway would make a push to get rid of many picks in order to get him if we are within reach.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
FOr one, we don't know if this is true or not. It sounds like a reporter just going overboard to get a reaction.

HOWEVER.... every player that you see that breaks down gamefilm says that Tebow IS NOT READY for the NFL. Very rarely have you found anyone that believes Tebow is ready to be a NFL QB, and there were more that were doubtful (NFL scouts included) that he would be before the draft.

This isn't our FO or coaches that have the problem. The problem was drafting such a LARGE project to begin with in the first round. Most people said that Tebow wasn't a good pick and would be a BIG TIME project. What do we do, we take him in the first round.

This coaching staff can't simply put on hold THEIR plans to fit the plans of the past coach that generally effed up on every account. This coaching staff has to move forward with whats best for THEM since its team success that keeps their jobs.

Bugs Baloney
08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Tebow to Orton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJ2xyD0wU4

Stargazer
08-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I think we should go Tebow or bust.......

I was excited for this. Football is back. Tebow or bust. Doesn't cut it? Trade up or select a QB next draft. Nope, we rolling with that amazing QB Orton.:lol:

Clipworthy
08-03-2011, 04:30 PM
So what if people say Orton is the #1 right now, who cares? Isn't this how it should be? Tebow SHOULD have to TAKE the job during preseason. Tebow WILL show how good he can be, and Orton will fall off the face of the earth, or at least ours, and we'll never look back.

This is the year of Tebow, and I am ready for the most exciting preseason Denver has ever had. Go out there and take Orton's job, Tim.

I Eat Staples
08-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't get my hopes up!

Seriously though, Tebow was a bad first round pick by McDaniels, this regime doesn't need to feel any obligation toward him. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses. Just because he was a first round choice by someone who couldn't draft doesn't mean he has to be part of our long term plans.

BeefStew25
08-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Hopefully Bullgator had his period on white pants when he read this.

underrated29
08-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Bullshit.

That is all...

BroncoStud
08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/slide_7409_98144_large.jpg

-----

:laugh::laugh:

topscribe
08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Don't get my hopes up!

Seriously though, Tebow was a bad first round pick by McDaniels, this regime doesn't need to feel any obligation toward him. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses. Just because he was a first round choice by someone who couldn't draft doesn't mean he has to be part of our long term plans.

Enter Brady Quinn . . .

-----

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 04:37 PM
hey... this is the same team that gave Orton a 9 million contract extension based upon 6 games...

Northman
08-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Don't get my hopes up!

You only cut your losses when you've (is my spelling ok Top?) actually taken the time to truly evaluate a player. Three games and a bad practice doesnt constitute as a real evaluation. Unless you can point to another team that has done the exact same thing.

Jsteve01
08-03-2011, 04:38 PM
let's hand a guy a guy a job when he's being outperformed by not one but two guys in camp. That's a good way to lose your lockerroom. If he can't earn the job then he shouldn't be starting plain and simple.

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 04:39 PM
let's hand a guy a guy a job when he's being outperformed by not one but two guys in camp. That's a good way to lose your lockerroom. If he can't earn the job then he shouldn't be starting plain and simple.

As long as training camp is how we play all 16 games this year..... then you are right.

Stargazer
08-03-2011, 04:40 PM
hey... this is the same team that gave Orton a 9 million contract extension based upon 6 games...

Makes you wonder what would have happened if Orton didn't get that extension. Orton would be on another team right now taking snaps.

rationalfan
08-03-2011, 04:40 PM

no way in hell.

i don't see ANY fan putting in the hours needed to be a good GM. good-bye to family. good-bye to extracurriculars. good-bye to bar life. good-bye to fun. your life is your work. almost all of us couldn't hack it after one week.

also, factor in the venom thrown your way from the fans and the probing of a media that no longer sleeps and most of us would be crazy.

it's a nice dream to think you/we could do just as good. look at david kahn, GM of the minnesota timberwolves. he's probably the closest to a "civilian" who rose the ranks into managing a sports team. then realize the timberwolves have 32 wins in the last two years. it's not easy. at all.

SOCALORADO.
08-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Steeeve, we dont need anymore snarkie comments, especially from a 2 post new guy, em kay!?!? :welcome:

Jsteve01
08-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Steeeve, we dont need anymore snarkie comments, especially from a 2 post new guy, em kay!?!? :welcome:

awww man, i thought I got away from you guys when outsiders crashed....nice digs socal

MOtorboat
08-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Are we having fun yet?
:elefant:

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Are we having fun yet?
:elefant:

only if you could burning my eyes out with a hot iron fun........:tsk:

FanInAZ
08-03-2011, 04:51 PM

I know your new to this site, so let me lay it out for you. That kind of irrefutable logic is not allowed around here. You’re supposed to ignore all of the facts and base your views on wishful thinking.

Northman
08-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I know your new to this site, so let me lay it out for you. That kind of irrefutable logic is not allowed around here. You’re supposed to ignore all of the facts and base your views on wishful thinking.

Yes, lets waste another year with a average QB behind center winning 4-5 games instead of seeing what the young guy has to offer so we know where we stand for future drafting purposes. :lol:

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Like taking Schefter and Lombardi opinion as facts and taking it to the bank........I will wait till after preseason to see how the QBs play but till then let the unpressured...padless guy throw the ball well....and waste reps

HORSEPOWER 56
08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Trade Orton, trade Tebow, start Quinn, draft Luck...

There, I feel better.

I could really use a break from this.... :shots:

Thnikkaman
08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
So if this is true, are Bowlen and Elway trying to make this team similar to Major League's Indians with the plans on moving the Broncos to L.A.?

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 04:55 PM
So if this is true, are Bowlen and Elway trying to make this team similar to Major League's Indians with the plans on moving the Broncos to L.A.?

Elway has secretly wanted the broncos near the beach for his retirement.

Jsteve01
08-03-2011, 04:55 PM
lol it's the same on every board....im only here because I have huge crush on beefy and socal...oh tubby too

Jsteve01
08-03-2011, 04:56 PM
oh and Tink sux rox

GEM
08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Lombardi and Schefter are guys who love to hear their own voice and pass opinion as facts......how many times have they stated shit that was wrong? Prob about 50% of the time.

How many teams dump 1st rounders after 3 games? Or even a 2nd or 3rd rounder? It just doesn't happen. Even more so if the person showed some potential.

Orton is great in practice....tebow is not.....that is known....tebow shines in games and orton does not.

Orton blows in games unless the defense is in prevent or its in the 1st half......we dont win with orton.....we may have a better defense this year so we dont get blown out but we are not going to win any damn games with FGs all day long.

I think we should go Tebow or bust........and draft Luck if we are in last.....Elway would make a push to get rid of many picks in order to get him if we are within reach.

Don't lump Schefter in with the other guy. Schefter is right on about 95% of the time.

D1g1tal j1m
08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
No way they let tebow go this year. There are way to many Tebow jerseys left to sell. Besides, I believe Tebow will electrify the team in preseason and get the offense in the end zone while Orton's led offense gives Prater a lot of practice with FGs.

SOCALORADO.
08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
http://www.citizens4freedom.com/Portals/TeaParty/Video/Jack_Daniels_Whiskey.jpg

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Don't lump Schefter in with the other guy. Schefter is right on about 95% of the time.

Not from what I see him write.....

before the lockout ended he claimed Orton would have been gone right away....i still see the drunk with the neckbeard on the field

jlarsiii
08-03-2011, 05:00 PM
I definitely thought they would be done with tebow after this upcoming season, but I imagined they would go about it in a different way.

It looked like trading Orton was a good ploy to let Tebow stink it up this year thereby setting themselves up with a high draft pick (hello Mr. Luck) while at the same time giving themselves ample reason to jettison Tebow. Since at the moment they can't trade Orton this seems to make sense that Orton would be first string because from reports he looks better in practice.

Either way I think it will still happen. Tebow will be gone by the end of the year, and it can't happen soon enough. Orton may not be the answer but I am a long way off from being delusional enough to think Tebow is.

Having the heart of a champion is great, but lacking fundamental mechanics needed to play QB is going to be the downfall of Tebow. He can't hit the broadside of a barn with his throws.

GEM
08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Not from what I see him write.....

before the lockout ended he claimed Orton would have been gone right away....i still see the drunk with the neckbeard on the field

There were interested parties. No one wanted to give up the 2nd that the Broncos were asking. How is that Schefter's fault? :confused:

Thnikkaman
08-03-2011, 05:02 PM
oh and Tink sux rox

Whatever man. Go eat a bowl of dicks.

weazel
08-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Tebow will make a college football color analyst.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Yes, lets waste another year with a average QB behind center winning 4-5 games instead of seeing what the young guy has to offer so we know where we stand for future drafting purposes. :lol:

I think they very much know what they may have in the young guy. That could be the problem.

But lets be real. There won't be any TRUE decisions made until after the pre-season games. These pre-season games are going to be more valuable to teams than ANY OTHER time.

We can't take these reports seriously... and if after the pre-season Tebow still hasn't shown that he's Narrowed the gap (and thats all he has to do, is narrow the gap) btween he and Orton..... then Tebow doesn't deserve to be in the starting lineup.

EVERY player that has talked about this has said the same thing. If Orton is obviously out performing Tebow in practice, then you can't give Tebow the job. The players will feel you are not giving them the best chance to win, and you will lose your locker room. Fox isn't going to do that.

SR
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM

I wouldn't. I'd give them applause if we could get a first rounder for Tebow. Of course, Jacksonville won't be willing to trade for him after drafting Gabbert, but some team out there that has QB problems every year would cough up a first for him...and it'd end up being a GOOD first.

BroncoWave
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM

Wait, wut? Schefter is right about 90% of the time. He didn't get to where he is by making shit up.

Northman
08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I think they very much know what they may have in the young guy. That could be the problem.

But lets be real.

Can you please give me examples of other teams giving up on first round draft pick Qb's after 3 games? Serious question because i dont recall any.

Jsteve01
08-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Whatever man. Go eat a bowl of dicks.

Wow sensitive much tink? :D

Northman
08-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Wow sensitive much tink? :D

Wow, you just make friends everywhere. :lol:

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Can you please give me examples of other teams giving up on first round draft pick Qb's after 3 games? Serious question because i dont recall any.

San Diego was trying to sign a new QB after Ryan Leafs third game...LOL

Ravage!!!
08-03-2011, 05:16 PM

I could probably name a bunch of teams that gave up on first round QBs before they ever took the field at all. What would be the difference here?

If the player can't make the reads, the calls, the drops, and the throws in practice, then they aren't going to name him the starter. Especially when there is a guy on the roster that is doing that.

There have been many 1st round picks that never became starters in the NFL. I'm not going to go down the list of 1st round QBs taken, but I know there are bunch.

Jsteve01
08-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow, you just make friends everywhere. :lol:

lol yup....that's my m.o.

slim
08-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I could probably name a bunch of teams that gave up on first round QBs before they ever took the field at all. What would be the difference here?

I bet you can't.

FanInAZ
08-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Like taking Schefter and Lombardi opinion as facts and taking it to the bank........I will wait till after preseason to see how the QBs play but till then let the unpressured...padless guy throw the ball well....and waste reps

I have little to no regard for anything NFLN puts out because they seem to believe that the way you increase your ratings is by inventing controversy. Jsteve01 was expressing a view based on the fact that everyone who has watched the Broncos at TC, including at least 2 or 3 members of this board, says that Tebow is struggling because he's never been had to develop the basic fundamentals. It's wishful thinking that Tebow, with his poor fundamental, would lead Denver to a better record this year. 2012, who know? Hopefully Tebow will be ready by then, but he's not going to be ready at the start of 2011. Everybody who's watched him in TC, including 2 or 3 members of this board, is all in agreement on this.

Northman
08-03-2011, 05:20 PM

If the player can't make the reads, the calls, the drops, and the throws in practice, then they aren't going to name him the starter. Especially when there is a guy on the roster that is doing that.

There have been many 1st round picks that never became starters in the NFL. I'm not going to go down the list of 1st round QBs taken, but I know there are bunch.

Well, ill save you the time mate. I did a bit of research on the last decade in a thread months ago and no team ever gave up on their first round Qb draft choice after 3 games. NONE.

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, ill save you the time mate. I did a bit of research on the last decade in a thread months ago and no team ever gave up on their first round Qb draft choice after 3 games. NONE.

Al Davis DID say after 3 games "Jamarcuss WHO THE F***???? did we draft"

but yeah.. they still held out hope for him

Ravage!!!
08-03-2011, 05:24 PM

How long did it take? How many of those started from game one after they were drafted. How many games did they get, and who was backing them up?

Despite all that, (this goes back to not believing the report)... we can't really say (at ALLLL) that the Broncos have given up on Tebow. I personally don't think they have, and the reports are made up out of someone's ass.

I think Tebow just needs to narrow the gap between he and Orton during the pre-season. Narrow it enough that there isn't this HUGE difference, and the coaches can feel confident to put him in the lineup without losing the locker room. T hen we'll see ORton traded.

slim
08-03-2011, 05:24 PM

Yeah, except Jamarcus started like 25ish games.

Northman
08-03-2011, 05:26 PM

Its pathetically sad that even HE got more time as a starter than it seems Tebow will.

The thing is, im not even a big Tebow fan. I never wanted to draft the guy but my god, to cut him loose after 3 games is absolutely moronic. Give the kid a year to see what he can do. We were 4 and ******* 12 last year. We are not going to win the SB next year. **** any player who doesnt want to get on board with the rebuild.

slim
08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Its pathetically sad that even HE got more time as a starter than it seems Tebow will.

The thing is, im not even a big Tebow fan. I never wanted to draft the guy but my god, to cut him loose after 3 games is absolutely moronic. Give the kid a year to see what he can do. We were 4 and ******* 12 last year. We are not going to win the SB next year. **** any player who doesnt want to get on board with the rebuild.

They haven't given up on Tebow :listen:

Ravage!!!
08-03-2011, 05:27 PM

wait.. I think you are jumping the boat here. No one has been cut, and this report could be nothing more than a guy trying to do what he can to get reaction purely because its what gets readers.

Northman
08-03-2011, 05:31 PM
wait.. I think you are jumping the boat here. No one has been cut, and this report could be nothing more than a guy trying to do what he can to get reaction purely because its what gets readers.

Yes and no. But Orton is the starter and that bothers me. Its going to be a wasted year in my opinion. Im tired of this franchise half assing it.

BroncoBJ
08-03-2011, 05:33 PM
This reminds me of March and April all over again when everyone thought we would draft a QB and that Elway and company hated Tebow.

Man, just cant wait til September 12th. :fight:

slim
08-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Did Jim Druckenmiller ever start any games for the '9ers? He is the only 1st round QB I can remember not really playing.

Dzone
08-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Merrill Hoge is on 104.3 right now talking shit about Tebow...

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Merrill Hoge is on 104.3 right now talking shit about Tebow...

Dude is a D-Bag

I Eat Staples
08-03-2011, 05:39 PM
You only cut your losses when you've (is my spelling ok Top?) actually taken the time to truly evaluate a player. Three games and a bad practice doesnt constitute as a real evaluation. Unless you can point to another team that has done the exact same thing.

I see your point, and if we had the other pieces necessary to win now then there would be no reason to gamble with a player that probably won't work out, but we don't. We don't have anything to lose by playing Tebow except more games, but we're not a playoff team anyway.

With that said, I suppose if we get rid of Tebow, then "EFX" opinion of him is as low as mine. If they get rid of him then they must be truly convinced that he can't be a starter in their system. Personally I don't see Fox going with a running QB, and Tebow will never have any measure of success without being a running QB. I wouldn't want that player on my team just because the dumbass before me wasted a first rounder on him.

I honestly don't see any teams giving up much to get Tebow though. I doubt we'd get more for him than Orton.

Northman
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Did Jim Druckenmiller ever start any games for the '9ers? He is the only 1st round QB I can remember not really playing.

Drafted in 1997, played in 6 games.

underrated29
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes and no. But Orton is the starter and that bothers me. Its going to be a wasted year in my opinion. Im tired of this franchise half assing it.

Feel free to fly down here and go to TC, there you can run on the field and try to break ortons arm like the dolphins fan did. I will simultaneously drive a truck through the fence. They will be more concered about that and let you go. Quickly hop on the moped that you will have hidden in the bushes and ride to saftey. You can crash at my place for a few days until things calm down.

Then back home for ya. And another wasted orton year averted!

GEM
08-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't. I'd give them applause if we could get a first rounder for Tebow. Of course, Jacksonville won't be willing to trade for him after drafting Gabbert, but some team out there that has QB problems every year would cough up a first for him...and it'd end up being a GOOD first.

I can't see a single team giving up a first for him. Maybe a 2nd but no way a first.

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Tebow just ran a 2 play, 2 min drill. Deep pass to Willis and then a TD pass to Davis. Started at own 40.

dogfish
08-03-2011, 05:43 PM

cutting him loose, period, would be moronic. . . dude has already proven that he's a valuable commodity at this level. . . even if he never starts, having a deadly red zone weapon is more than worth a roster space. . . have no idea whether the guy can humble his ego and accept a lesser role if it doesn't work out, but i'd love to have him here as the second or third QB for the rest of his career. . . he's got a big frame, plenty of athletic ability, and some of the best intangibles in the league-- he could do more to help your franchise than any other depth QB in the league. . . use him as a wildcat QB, develop a special short yardage/goal line package around him-- hell, let him learn a second position to get him more snaps, or have him cover kicks if you want. . . there will always be a spot on an NFL roster for a guy with his skill set and mentality, even if it's not starting QB. . .

underrated29
08-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Tebow just ran a 2 play, 2 min drill. Deep pass to Willis and then a TD pass to Davis. Started at own 40.

Deep down fox has a gut feeling who will start the season.

dogfish
08-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Enter Brady Quinn . . .

-----

i'll take "what is clay's lifelong fantasy?" for five-hundred please, alex. . .

Ravage!!!
08-03-2011, 05:44 PM

from everything I've heard from every player talking about this has had the same common theme. If Orton is obviously outperforming Tebow on the practice field, EVERY player wants to feel/know that the coaches are putting them in the BEST chance to win. If they ignore that Orton is out playing Tim during practice, you'll lose the locker room. They don't care about the name on the jersey or where he was picked.

Elway even talked about this the other day with stink. When he was in the locker room, he wanted to feel as though the coaches put them in the best chance to win each and every week.

I don't think this is the franchis half-assing anything. I think this is Tebow, the QB, showing why soooo many scouts (and college player evaluators) said that Tebow wouldn't be a good NFL QB. Now this FO/coaching staff has to deal with the 'media hype' that surrounds TT.

Hoge even guessed that he thought the Broncos put a high asking price on Orton because they didn't really want Orton gone, leaving us with Tebow. Simply starting Orton would be a "political disaster" that the FO and coaches didn't ask for and wasn't a part of in the first place. Naming Tebow the starter would lose the locker room because Tebow isn't showing that he's ready at all.

I also don't think that the "naming orton the starter" is anything OTHER than the coaches letting everyone know that its Orton's job to lose, but it can still be lost.

Dzone
08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
"I would trade Tim Tebow in a heartbeat" -Merril Hoge...LOL...

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 05:49 PM

Can I take volunteers to kick him in the nuts.....Alaska is a little far away for me to do it myself.

slim
08-03-2011, 05:49 PM

He is a total Dbag...worst interview I have ever heard.

Northman
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
from everything I've heard from every player talking about this has had the same common theme. If Orton is obviously outperforming Tebow on the practice field, EVERY player wants to feel/know that the coaches are putting them in the BEST chance to win. If they ignore that Orton is out playing Tim during practice, you'll lose the locker room. They don't care about the name on the jersey or where he was picked.

Elway even talked about this the other day with stink. When he was in the locker room, he wanted to feel as though the coaches put them in the best chance to win each and every week.

I don't think this is the franchis half-assing anything. I think this is Tebow, the QB, showing why soooo many scouts (and college player evaluators) said that Tebow wouldn't be a good NFL QB. Now this FO/coaching staff has to deal with the 'media hype' that surrounds TT.

Hoge even guessed that he thought the Broncos put a high asking price on Orton because they didn't really want Orton gone, leaving us with Tebow. Simply starting Orton would be a "political disaster" that the FO and coaches didn't ask for and wasn't a part of in the first place. Naming Tebow the starter would lose the locker room because Tebow isn't showing that he's ready at all.

I also don't think that the "naming orton the starter" is anything OTHER than the coaches letting everyone know that its Orton's job to lose, but it can still be lost.

If this team was playoff bound already i would agree with you. But, just like the Browns, Lions, etc we are rebuilding so really there is no lockerroom to lose in my opinion. We have no real direction right now so playing Tebow isnt going to cost this team anything. Its full of young players who really all need the gametime experience.

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 05:53 PM
on a side note...RIP Bubba Smith.....you were great in Police Academy

BORDERLINE
08-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Ok let me get this off my chest.

Orton plays bad we will bench him and put Tebow in(no reps with the 1st team just go out there under prepared).

Orton plays good we will keep Tebow on the bench and trade him at the end of the season and let Orton walk.

Orton plays average we will draft a QB?? Trade Tebow??? play Tebow???

I would not hold nothing againts EFX if Tebow plays and stinks it up and they decide to draft a QB. But they have to give him a shot. They have to give him a clear shot, that means training camps reps and all that. Orton showed us his stuff already we know what he has. If all this BS was created over not getting a 2nd rounder for Orton the FO can suck it. If we don't land Luck next year and Tebow does not get a chance this will place the Broncos back a couple of years.

I taught all this mess was going to be cleared up once McD left. BOY was I wrong

chazoe60
08-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Hodge's brain is a delicious pudding. Hodge will from now on be referred to as ol' puddin' head.

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Dude is a D-Bag

He cannot even remember to wipe... he has to have a guy tell him "Did you wipe Merril???"

chazoe60
08-03-2011, 06:05 PM
He cannot even remember to wipe... he has to have a guy tell him "Did you wipe Merril???"

No, it's "did you wipe ol' puddin' head?".

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 06:08 PM

IF it got us two more first round picks...?????

Damn I would too...

SR
08-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I can't see a single team giving up a first for him. Maybe a 2nd but no way a first.

You can't see a team like Seattle who have fricken Tavaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst as their top two QBs giving up a first for someone like Tebow that'll light a fire under the team's ass and get their fans excited about football? I sure as shit can. Or a team like Buffalo? Miami? Houston after they realize Schaub isn't gonna get 'em anywhere fast? San Fransisco? Indy in a couple of years? New England in a couple of years? I can see a lot of teams giving up a first for Tebow.

Jsteve01
08-03-2011, 06:26 PM
You can't see a team like Seattle who have fricken Tavaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst as their top two QBs giving up a first for someone like Tebow that'll light a fire under the team's ass and get their fans excited about football? I sure as shit can. Or a team like Buffalo? Miami? Houston after they realize Schaub isn't gonna get 'em anywhere fast? San Fransisco? Indy in a couple of years? New England in a couple of years? I can see a lot of teams giving up a first for Tebow.

No one is going to give up a first for Tebow at this point. Too many question marks. you don't trade a first just to light a fire under your current qbs....and really? you mentioned Houston? come on man...that's laughable

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
OK EVERYBODY - Just a few minutes Vic Lombardi, sports - cbs 4, stated that several national outlets were reporting that Kyle Orton would be the starter this season, and would not be traded.

THEN - Vic said - NOT TRUE, I spoke personally to someone within the Broncos' organization today.

Then Vic stated - of course, Orton is the starter RIGHT NOW.

BeefStew25
08-03-2011, 06:31 PM
No one is going to give up a first for Tebow at this point. Too many question marks. you don't trade a first just to light a fire under your current qbs....and really? you mentioned Houston? come on man...that's laughable

Hey, Derek, I hope you and Tara are doing well.

nevcraw
08-03-2011, 06:36 PM
they need to get their ****ing PR shit together.

Lancane
08-03-2011, 06:43 PM
OK EVERYBODY - Just a few minutes Vic Lombardi, sports - cbs 4, stated that several national outlets were reporting that Kyle Orton would be the starter this season, and would not be traded.

THEN - Vic said - NOT TRUE, I spoke personally to someone within the Broncos' organization today.

Then Vic stated - of course, Orton is the starter RIGHT NOW.

So what your saying is that our new front office basically has a multiple personality disorder!

This could be good, let me get some popcorn! :D

SR
08-03-2011, 06:45 PM

A lot of Houston fans are tired of Schaub and Schaub has failed to do anything for Houston other than average a lot of yards and no results for a team that has a lot of the same problems Denver has and Denver drafted Tebow. Schaub is a better version of Orton, minus the phantom sacks and add Andre Johnson. I wasn't saying it was likely, but it's not impossible to suggest that it could happen. Stranger things certainly have. I think it's just as laughable for you to say that no one would give up a first for Tebow right now if Denver came out and said "we're trading Tebow, best offer wins".

SR
08-03-2011, 06:46 PM
So what your saying is that our new front office basically has a multiple personality disorder!

Either that or Lombardi is bullshitting all of us...or Lombardi is being spoon fed a load of horse manure by someone that doesn't know what the **** they're talking about. Both scenarios sound likely.

nevcraw
08-03-2011, 06:48 PM
atleast with McD -- you already sorta knew he was batshit crazy but when the GOAT and your cuddly grandpa (Foxxy) start eating their own poop you have wonder about what's hell is going on!!

SR
08-03-2011, 06:49 PM
I'd like one of them to get on the horn and demand a do-over. Now. TIA.

I Eat Staples
08-03-2011, 06:55 PM

Seattle feels they can make the playoffs, they won't be trading for a QB who needs to be taught how to play QB. Most teams DO NOT view Tebow as a starting caliber QB. They'd rather draft one.

No way would he get anything higher than a 3rd IMO. Maybe a 2nd.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2011, 06:58 PM

Or could be, that some national media outlets are blowing smoke out of their - you get the idea.

Softskull
08-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Seattle feels they can make the playoffs, they won't be trading for a QB who needs to be taught how to play QB. Most teams DO NOT view Tebow as a starting caliber QB. They'd rather draft one.

No way would he get anything higher than a 3rd IMO. Maybe a 2nd.

If we traded Tebow now, we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him. The NFL PR machine is chewing the kid up and we'd rather have Orton or Quinn over last years first rounder? That speaks volumes. The only person enamored with the kid is McD and he has a new shinier version in Bradford.

Lancane
08-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Or could be, that some national media outlets are blowing smoke out of their - you get the idea.

Schefter and Lombardi blowing smoke (Who'd ever had thunk it!) :lol:

Lancane
08-03-2011, 07:09 PM
If we traded Tebow now, we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him. The NFL PR machine is chewing the kid up and we'd rather have Orton or Quinn over last years first rounder? That speaks volumes. The only person enamored with the kid is McD and he has a new shinier version in Bradford.

We could get a fourth, maybe even a third if a team was working it's ass off to change their image. He'd be an asset in Miami, Buffalo or even in Oakland.

Slick
...about losing the locker room.

Who cares? A good majority of that locker room is just as responsible as the previous 2 regimes for the ineptitudes of this franchise.

We're all froggy right now because we havent been able to talk football for months. Let's see a few pre season games before we freak out.

Pre season will be muy importante to the Broncos.

I Eat Staples

Its too bad McD isn't the head coach, I think we'd be able to trade Tebow for Bradford and two 1sts.

red98
08-03-2011, 07:15 PM
There was no real off season this year to get Tebow up to speed. There was no chance for a real evaluation.

It makes sense that the Broncos are going to start out with Orton. It's likely they will bring Tebow along and give him a shot by say mid-season if he shows progress.

It makes no sense to trade Tebow now, before they know for sure what they've got.

If Tebow can't win the starters job from Orton during the year then say hello to Andrew Luck or whichever QB you think we will draft.

Lancane
08-03-2011, 07:19 PM
...about losing the locker room.

Who cares? A good majority of that locker room is just as responsible as the previous 2 regimes for the ineptitudes of this franchise.

We're all froggy right now because we havent been able to talk football for months. Let's see a few pre season games before we freak out.

Pre season will be muy importante to the Broncos.

I'm not worried Slick, the obvious skinny of the matter is this, that Orton one way or another (we hope) is no longer here after the season...that Denver will be looking for that franchise capable quarterback, whether or not he's already on the roster or in the upcoming draft, though chances of it being Quinn or Tebow are more unlikely now.

And I can live through a season of ineptitude with Orton at the helm if we finally get a franchise quarterback once more.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Either that or Lombardi is bullshitting all of us...or Lombardi is being spoon fed a load of horse manure by someone that doesn't know what the **** they're talking about. Both scenarios sound likely.

I think you're talking about Vic Lombardi, but I don't think he was the original source.

Michael Lombardi, the fat NFL Network guy,(where all these magical reports out of Denver are coming from) is a Belichick beanbag hanger and by default a McDaniels lover. The second Denver fired McDaniels, Lombardi has had NOTHING good to say about Denver. He loved the Tebow pick until McDaniels was fired, then he changed his tune and said it was terrible. He's the only guy I know who talks more about the Rams offensive coordinator more than their HC or QB.

He's currently the one who is really stirring shit up in the media.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2011, 07:20 PM
OK EVERYBODY - here is the video where they are talking about it, so after you listen, come back and post if you did/did not hear Michael Lombardi say that the Broncos have given up on TT. Also, count how many times they are saying RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW. If I heard correctly, it is M. Lombardi's opinion that TT is expendable.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82136d17/Mile-high-limbo-for-Tebow?module=HP11_content

broncobryce
08-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow. You guys are insane if you believe everything you hear/read. It's been a week of camp for gods sake! Calm down

nevcraw
08-03-2011, 07:21 PM
this will have to be the worst season in the Denver history to have a sniff at Luck. like one or 2 wins bad.

chazoe60
08-03-2011, 07:23 PM
this will have to be the worst season in the Denver history to have a sniff at Luck. like one or 2 wins bad.

We had 4 wins last season

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 07:23 PM

I think he's making a huge assumption.

nevcraw
08-03-2011, 07:24 PM
OK EVERYBODY - here is the video where they are talking about it, so after you listen, come back and post if you did/did not hear Michael Lombardi say that the Broncos have given up on TT. Also, count how many times they are saying RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW. If I heard correctly, it is M. Lombardi's opinion that TT is expendable.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82136d17/Mile-high-limbo-for-Tebow?module=HP11_content

yup watched it live.. I still think that the PR wheels are riding on their rims.

nevcraw
08-03-2011, 07:26 PM
We had 4 wins last season

that got us second. unless you have a the firsy pick or NE type ammo I think you watch someone else get Luck.

chazoe60
08-03-2011, 07:29 PM
that got us second. unless you have a the firsy pick or NE type ammo I think you watch someone else get Luck.

I'm just pointing out that all we have to drop is one spot. Some people act like there is no way we can be as bad as last year. I look at our schedule and I see a ceiling of 5 wins. And I'm usually a very optimistic fellow.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-03-2011, 07:34 PM

Not necessarily true. of all the "bad teams" last year that will probably still be bad, most took a first round QB. The only other bottom feeder team I can think of that might go with Luck is Cleveland if they get the chance. I think if we're in the top 10, we can mortgage the rest of the draft and get all the way to #1 if we have to to get Luck or whoever the best prospect is.

Don't think we wouldn't if it's Luck and Elway is as enamored with him as everyone thinks he is...

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Well Fox was asked about the QB competition and he wont commit to Orton yet to the media.....said its the same song

edit here is the Fox Quote

“I'm in those meetings every day and know what’s said to everybody. Nothing’s changed. We’ve been singing the same song as seven months ago.”

dogfish
08-03-2011, 07:39 PM

that's true-- assuming one of the other guys doesn't pass luck this year. . . but even if he goes first overall and we don't have a chance at him, there will be other options-- he's not the only big time QB prospect in the upcoming class. . .

Softskull
08-03-2011, 07:44 PM
that's true-- assuming one of the other guys doesn't pass luck this year. . . but even if he goes first overall and we don't have a chance at him, there will be other options-- he's not the only big time QB prospect in the upcoming class. . .

Yep, next years class is substantially better than last years group. There are probably three guys that are better than any taken this year.

chazoe60
08-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Yep, next years class is substantially better than last years group. There are probably three guys that are better than any taken this year.

I hope they turn out to be good because if we don't find out about Tebow we will have to take one of them.

Softskull
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I hope they turn out to be good because if we don't find out about Tebow we will have to take one of them.

Afraid so. I'm going to give the FO the benefit of doubt here. Generally I like what they've done so far and I doubt they'd waste a young talent if he showed something.

hamrob
08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
True, but i just cant see any office not at least letting that player have more than 3 games to prove himself. Its just baffling. Could you of imagined something like that happening to John after 3 games? Doesnt make a lot of sense to me.I don't think anyone has quit on Tebow. Orton was retained and right now is playing the best. If you listened to Elway at the Draft, you'd understand that Orton is the starter until somebody beats him out. Beacus Orton remains a Broncos and he hasn't been beat out yet. He's the starter.

The question I have, is whether the Broncos really tried all that hard to trade him. Just because they were speaking with the Dolphins doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Truly, if the front office would rather waste another year of playing Orton and not seeing what Tebow can do....that's a bad way to get started. My opinion.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Nah, we'll decide at the end of this miserable season to let Orton walk because Elway and Fox will get to see first hand that he sucks and we'll decide to finally start Tebow next season, who will try hard, but ultimately suck and we'll have missed out on the opportunity to draft Luck.

Why? Because we're the Broncos and we're going to suck for the next 10 years. It's the Curse of Mike Shanahan. The penance we'll have to pay for firing him.

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Nah, we'll decide at the end of this miserable season to let Orton walk because Elway and Fox will get to see first hand that he sucks and we'll decide to finally start Tebow next season, who will try hard, but ultimately suck and we'll have missed out on the opportunity to draft Luck.

Why? Because we're the Broncos and we're going to suck for the next 10 years. It's the Curse of Mike Shanahan. The penance we'll have to pay for firing him.

When that happens do you start Luck or throw Tebow out there for a few games for luck to be brough along with elway at every practice working with him?

Dzone
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
had someone told me 3 months ago that Orton would be the starter right now I would have told them "Youre nuts, go soak yer head"...LOL...oh well

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2011, 08:02 PM
had someone told me 3 months ago that Orton would be the starter right now I would have told them "Youre nuts, go soak yer head"...LOL...oh well

Why - all along, we have heard that Orton is the starter, and there will be QB competition - training camp has not been underway very long.:confused:

Lancane
08-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Why - all along, we have heard that Orton is the starter, and there will be QB competition - training camp has not been underway very long.:confused:

Simple Carol, the majority dislikes Orton to the point that it's become a fierce passion to hate him...I know it doesn't make sense to some, but that is the truth of it.

broncobryce
08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't hate him, I just don't want to watch him play another season at starter. But I really don't think we'll have to. Even if he starts the season, he won't finish it.

Dzone
08-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe I should have said if Orton would be the starter on Sept 12 against Oakland. Now that is looking more and more likely

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 08:18 PM

Funny when I reported thats what Fox said.. many here jumped ALL over me

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2011, 08:19 PM
OK - Earlier, I sent Vic an email regarding this. Following is what he has on his twitter:

VicLombardi
@
@michaelombardi...Mike.. can we get you on the radio show tomorrow morning? Bronco fans yearning for clarity.
43 minutes ago

Michael Lombardi
michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
by VicLombardi
@
@tj_carlson @VicLombardi I never said trade for Tebow
1 hour ago
Vic Lombardi

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
RT @tj_carlson: @michaelombardi saysTebow is now on the trading block! ---->that may very well be true. i'm ju… (cont) http://deck.ly/~LmkRH
59 minutes ago
Vic Lombardi

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
John Fox just re-inforced what I reported. Orton hasn't been assured anything. He's the starter. For now. Nothing's changed. No promises.
1 hour ago
Vic Lombardi
VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
@
@Broncos2420 doesnt mean they don't feel that way. they're not going to hand somebody the keys before they play.
1 hour ago
Vic Lombardi

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
RT @Broncos2420: Mike Lombardi reported that Orton is starter and Tebow not in plans---->i can only tell you Orton wasn't told anything
1 hour ago

http://twitter.com/#!/vicLombardi

dogfish
08-03-2011, 08:29 PM
OK - Earlier, I sent Vic an email regarding this. Following is what he has on his twitter:

VicLombardi
@
@michaelombardi...Mike.. can we get you on the radio show tomorrow morning? Bronco fans yearning for clarity.
43 minutes ago

Michael Lombardi
michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
by VicLombardi
@
@tj_carlson @VicLombardi I never said trade for Tebow
1 hour ago
Vic Lombardi

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
RT @tj_carlson: @michaelombardi saysTebow is now on the trading block! ---->that may very well be true. i'm ju… (cont) http://deck.ly/~LmkRH
59 minutes ago
Vic Lombardi

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
John Fox just re-inforced what I reported. Orton hasn't been assured anything. He's the starter. For now. Nothing's changed. No promises.
1 hour ago
Vic Lombardi
VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
@
@Broncos2420 doesnt mean they don't feel that way. they're not going to hand somebody the keys before they play.
1 hour ago
Vic Lombardi

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
RT @Broncos2420: Mike Lombardi reported that Orton is starter and Tebow not in plans---->i can only tell you Orton wasn't told anything
1 hour ago

now we just need someone to translate all that twit shit into english. . . .

:D

Bugs Baloney
08-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Tebow just tweeted:

Hey Merril...... 'ppreciate that

BeefStew25
08-03-2011, 08:39 PM
It is cool that TT is mentally strong enough to not care too much about that. What is also cool is that Bullgator is back to digging ditches.

Dzone
08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Funny when I reported thats what Fox said.. many here jumped ALL over me
People are probably going to have to accept Kyle Orton as starter come Sept 12. He will have to go undefeated for people to warm up to him.

How long will it take for Orton to get booed and the "We want Tebow" chants begin?

Dzone
08-03-2011, 08:42 PM
it is cool that tt is mentally strong enough to not care too much about that. What is also cool is that bullgator is back to digging ditches.

lmao>>>

BeefStew25
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I see this as a win/win. Orton is probably better, and the Gator Soggy Cracker Circle Jerk is back to a rest area on I-75.

SR
08-03-2011, 09:24 PM
There was no real off season this year to get Tebow up to speed. There was no chance for a real evaluation.

It makes sense that the Broncos are going to start out with Orton. It's likely they will bring Tebow along and give him a shot by say mid-season if he shows progress.

It makes no sense to trade Tebow now, before they know for sure what they've got.

If Tebow can't win the starters job from Orton during the year then say hello to Andrew Luck or whichever QB you think we will draft.

Probably the most logical, well thought out post in this thread.

DenBronx
08-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Dear Jagsbch,

Please do not let the current news cause you to harm yourself. Know that the ball is completely in Tebows hands now to win the job and it wont simply be given to him without him outright earning it. If he does not at least earn it and is traded, then hey things will be once again looking up and you can become a Miami fan instead.

But know this, most of us Bronco fanatics still have hope for Tim "Jesus" Tebow to light it up in the mile high city on Sundays.

Sincerely,

DenBronx

BroncoBJ
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
People are probably going to have to accept Kyle Orton as starter come Sept 12. He will have to go undefeated for people to warm up to him.

How long will it take for Orton to get booed and the "We want Tebow" chants begin?

I bet if Orton starts week 1, his very 1st incompletion, he will get boo'd and might even get boo'd during warmups :/

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I saw the same thing happen when I worked in Phoenix. Fans clamoring for ASU product Plummer. Patience. It'll happen.
28 minutes ago

RT @303EDEN: Tebow is without a doubt getting critiqued differently from any other rookie/2nd year QB… is it fair?---of course. he's tebow
30 minutes ago

If organizations always listened to the fans and media, Ubaldo would still be pitching for the Rockies.
31 minutes ago

And does anybody honestly believe Orton was "injured" when they played Tebow for the final three games of the season? Could happen again.
32 minutes ago

I asked Elway point blank, "what about Tebow's 'wow factor'"? He said winning produces wows.
34 minutes ago

Trying to land Luck is just that - luck. No guarantees there. Nobody tanks an entire season!
35 minutes ago

And no, i don't believe the Broncos are looking to trade Tebow. For what? To whom? What value could they possibly get at this point?
36 minutes ago

Last thing. Broncos don't care what I think. Or what you think. They care what the THEY think. That's the way it should be. See B-Lloyd.
36 minutes ago

You think Tim Tebow is the first young quarterback who had to wait? Happens all the time. But this is Tebow. Wild phenomenon.
38 minutes ago

RT @jtspierings: Your over simplification is aweful. elway wants HIS guy. LUCK.---->oh yeah, they'll just throw the season. puhleeze.
39 minutes ago

If Orton goes 8-8 this season, do you think the Broncos will sign him to a long-term deal? No. Barring perfection, Tebow's the future.
43 minutes ago

As for Hoge, I really don't care about his "analysis". Can't take a guy who's named Merrill too seriously. But Tebow aint ready.
44 minutes ago

Elway will tell you HE wasn't ready. He got benched for DeBerg late in his rookie season.
45 minutes ago

I think Tebow is the future. Thought that from the get-go. But if John Elway says you're not ready, well then, you're not ready.
47 minutes ago

Once they couldn't trade Orton (couldn't get what they wanted), they painted themselves into this corner.
47 minutes ago

If they're serious about giving Tebow a shot at starting, let's see how many reps he gets with the first team in the preseason games.
48 minutes ago

And right now, John Fox AND John Elway think playing Tebow will hurt more than help.
50 minutes ago

I'm not supporting Hoge. I wish the Broncos would just build for the future right now. But that's not how coaches think. They're about now.
50 minutes ago

They don't think he's ready. If they had any shred of evidence that he was ready to start, he'd be running first-team right now.
52 minutes ago

Bugs Baloney
08-03-2011, 11:15 PM

like tomorrow, don'tcha know.... :beer:

Jsteve01
08-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Dear Jagsbch,

Please do not let the current news cause you to harm yourself. Know that the ball is completely in Tebows hands now to win the job and it wont simply be given to him without him outright earning it. If he does not at least earn it and is traded, then hey things will be once again looking up and you can become a Miami fan instead.

But know this, most of us Bronco fanatics still have hope for Tim "Jesus" Tebow to light it up in the mile high city on Sundays.

Sincerely,

DenBronx

oh snap...that idiot posts here too? let me dig out my letter jagzbtch from the freak...brb

Chidoze
08-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Elway is in love with Luck and it's obvious. That's fine I love his potential as well, dude is the real deal. But, to go into this season and not even give Tebow reps with the first team and basically hand the team over to a guy we know will never take us to the promised land is inept IMHO.

Yes Orton looks amazing in pads, just like he looks really good when down by 21 and the defense is in prevent. How's he look with a blitz coming.

The whole thing is just bizarre, no one knows what's going on....and when someone reports something, the front office is in deny deny deny mode.

I just dont get it, maybe Elway is in love with the thought of having Luck and is looking toward next april already.

Or maybe Elway is taking a page from the Shanahan playbook and using the smoke and mirrors strategy, make everyone think one thing, and do another.

Lonestar
08-03-2011, 11:57 PM

Your convinced of this YET sounds like the FO is not convinced he can't not take us to the "promised land".

While they may be rookies John does know a thing or two about winning and QB's .

Fox a defensive wizard probaby knows enough about QB's because he has to design ways to stop them.. I susepct HE knows more that you and a few haters do..

Time will tell who is correct.. But I susepct it will be them..

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Your convinced of this YET sounds like the FO is not convinced he can't not take us to the "promised land".

While they may be rookies John does know a thing or two about winning and QB's .

Fox a defensive wizard probaby knows enough about QB's because he has to design ways to stop them.. I susepct HE knows more that you and a few haters do..

And Elway said ealier in the offseason that hedoesnt know if there is a franchise QB on the roster. That doesn't say much about a 2nd year player with three starts but it's pretty damning to a 6 year guy with 60 starts.

Come on LS, do you really think Elway sees Orton as a long term answer at the QB position.

This isn't about Tebow for me. This is about a guy I've seen completely fall apart any time pressure of any kind has been put on him. It's funny that you of all people are preaching to anyone about trusting the FO or telling someone that the FO knows best. I think Shanahan knows more than you, what say you?

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 12:49 AM
And Elway said ealier in the offseason that hedoesnt know if there is a franchise QB on the roster. That doesn't say much about a 2nd year player with three starts but it's pretty damning to a 6 year guy with 60 starts.

Come on LS, do you really think Elway sees Orton as a long term answer at the QB position.

This isn't about Tebow for me. This is about a guy I've seen completely fall apart any time pressure of any kind has been put on him. It's funny that you of all people are preaching to anyone about trusting the FO or telling someone that the FO knows best. I think Shanahan knows more than you, what say you?

He was also sure to point out that the only thing that matters, is wins. That doesn't bode well for Orton.

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Hey Rav, how do you see this all playing out?

I see Tebow playing the final six games and us winning 4-5 games total. I then see Elway doing everything in his power to draft Luck. Just what my guess is.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 01:01 AM

Come on', I think you of all people know there is a huge marginal gap between being able to play the sport, being able to evaluate talent and being able to coach. If being an exceptional player led someone to being a better coach or front office personnel then Marino would have been better at his last position, or Singletary better at his? Very few former greats in the league become adaptable to their new positions, and it doesn't make them great evaluators of talent either. Elway's experience in the Arena league will only help him so far, that's why I am glad he's sort of sitting and learning more then jumping right in, though I could state there are some better teachers then Ellis and Xanders...but still. And banking on the coaches? I would trust John Fox, but he has very little experience in evaluation of talent, the management in Carolina tied his hands and we have two inexperienced coordinators to boot - they're opinions at this point matter only so much.

And I'm not blasting them either, but Elway is not a Football-God, he does not know everything about the sport, we can revere him but we also can be critical because he is just learning his job and it will be a few years before we can really assess and judge him as such. I expect rookie mistakes, we all should...it comes with the territory, but just cause Elway says it doesn't make it law and I'm sure you agree with me.

As for the fans, well I'm sure that Elway no matter what Vic Lombardi spouts does care what the fans want, his whole spew on the philosophy of being one with the fans sort of counts on it...so Vic might want to think about what he's stating to people, because what he said could irritate the fans and cause issues, he might not think so...but of course Vic Lombardi was also the dumbass who said against all other reports that McDaniels was returning...whoops!

I'm not sure if Tebow is the guy or Quinn, or if Barkley or some other rookie will be, but I can say honestly that most Broncos' fans are ready to have a franchise quarterback once more, and one that most of us can agree on is the right choice.

claymore
08-04-2011, 01:39 AM
The future QB of the Denver Broncos probably isnt on the roster. Not many coaches are fired the same year they spend a #1 pick on a QB. If EFX trades Tebow, or Tebow cant make the starting lineup that reflects directly on McD, and Tebow. Not EFX.

dogfish
08-04-2011, 01:42 AM
clay, let's go on a drunken rampage that would make MO proud. . . .

claymore
08-04-2011, 01:54 AM
clay, let's go on a drunken rampage that would make MO proud. . . .

Lets do it. Lets steal a Scion and crash it.

Superfan7
08-04-2011, 02:26 AM
:D There are so many factors making Tebows departure now a less than appealing choice. If I owned a Dalorean I wouldn't have taken him in the first place. Great idea for morale and marketing but required too many changes to an already unstable team AND front office

Canmore
08-04-2011, 02:32 AM

I just don't buy this. We were shopping Orton and if he would have negotiated a contract he would be in South Beach. They aren't going to make a decision solely on one week of practice. They are surely going to at least wait and see how they do in the first couple of preseason games. Am I off here?

Lancane
08-04-2011, 02:33 AM
The future QB of the Denver Broncos probably isnt on the roster. Not many coaches are fired the same year they spend a #1 pick on a QB. If EFX trades Tebow, or Tebow cant make the starting lineup that reflects directly on McD, and Tebow. Not EFX.

I'm much of the same belief Clay, the more I'm hearing the more I believe that we'll be drafting a quarterback next year rather then developing Tebow.

If McDaniels wouldn't have dismantled the core, or at least let's say drafted Sanchez that year over Moreno and Ayers, then two defensive playmakers over two offensive projects which let's admit they are...Thomas is prone to injury and Decker is already looking a better prospect then him and Tebow is as much a project quarterback as one can get...then he'd still be the coach here, Spy-Gate incident or not. But he didn't and then he tried to play poker, Thomas will be better then Marshall, Tebow is the quarterback to replace Cutler and he lost, his hand sucked and then on top of it all he got cheating at cards.

I think the biggest problem for EFX is Tebowmania, how to they handle it and go on with the future? For one I wouldn't have allowed the news get to where it had regarding trading Orton, they should have squashed that and instead said they were shopping Tebow because they did not feel he was the right fit for the new offense. Now they've depleted his value by bounds...he's slipping to third on the depth chart? So when they do draft a quarterback they'll be stuck with a backup quarterback making about the same if not more then the future quarterback of the team? Just too many damn questions and not enough bright spots to see where this is really headed.

:lol:

claymore
08-04-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm much of the same belief Clay, the more I'm hearing the more I believe that we'll be drafting a quarterback next year rather then developing Tebow.

If McDaniels wouldn't have dismantled the core, or at least let's say drafted Sanchez that year over Moreno and Ayers, then two defensive playmakers over two offensive projects which let's admit they are...Thomas is prone to injury and Decker is already looking a better prospect then him and Tebow is as much a project quarterback as one can get...then he'd still be the coach here, Spy-Gate incident or not. But he didn't and then he tried to play poker, Thomas will be better then Marshall, Tebow is the quarterback to replace Cutler and he lost, his hand sucked and then on top of it all he got cheating at cards.

I think the biggest problem for EFX is Tebowmania, how to they handle it and go on with the future? For one I wouldn't have allowed the news get to where it had regarding trading Orton, they should have squashed that and instead said they were shopping Tebow because they did not feel he was the right fit for the new offense. Now they've depleted his value by bounds...he's slipping to third on the depth chart? So when they do draft a quarterback they'll be stuck with a backup quarterback making about the same if not more then the future quarterback of the team? Just too many damn questions and not enough bright spots to see where this is really headed.

:lol:Agree 100%. Tebowmainia is the ultimate landmine left by McDaniels. Its a shame that Elway and Fox get hammered over this dude.

claymore
08-04-2011, 02:51 AM
For anyone that loves Tebow... We have a very limited time to get ready for the season, and the Pre season. Do you think they would waste all the first string Reps on Orton if they were going to trade him?

Canmore
08-04-2011, 02:56 AM
For anyone that loves Tebow... We have a very limited time to get ready for the season, and the Pre season. Do you think they would waste all the first string Reps on Orton if they were going to trade him?

That's a real head scratcher. I've wondered the same thing. It does nothing for Tebow or Quinn, but stranger things have happened and Orton was on the block. I guess no, but will wait and let this thing play itself out.

claymore
08-04-2011, 03:00 AM
That's a real head scratcher. I've wondered the same thing. It does nothing for Tebow or Quinn, but stranger things have happened and Orton was on the block. I guess no, but will wait and let this thing play itself out.

Thats the first time id question EFX. If they trade Orton after giving him all these snaps in TC I would be pissed.

I really dont care what direction they go with in Tebow. Start him, trade him, bench him or cut him. What I do want to see is a well thought out plan for the future.

Canmore
08-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Thats the first time id question EFX. If they trade Orton after giving him all these snaps in TC I would be pissed.

I really dont care what direction they go with in Tebow. Start him, trade him, bench him or cut him. What I do want to see is a well thought out plan for the future.

I definitely would be perplexed. If Orton is still for sale you would think Tebow and Quinn would be getting some first team snaps. The first preseason game should be interesting for us and Miami. If Henne screws it up???

claymore
08-04-2011, 03:08 AM
I definitely would be perplexed. If Orton is still for sale you would think Tebow and Quinn would be getting some first team snaps. The first preseason game should be interesting for us and Miami. If Henne screws it up???

I think Ortons off the table at this point. It would have to be a pretty fantastic trade to waste a whole TC worth of first team reps for Quinn/Tebow.

JMO. Im not in love with any of our QB's, so I want the best one to play, and get us thru till we find the stud Bronco.

dogfish
08-04-2011, 03:12 AM

right now i suspect they'd trade norton OR tebones for a ham sammich, if the other FO promised spicy mustard. . . .

claymore
08-04-2011, 03:16 AM
right now i suspect they'd trade norton OR tebones for a ham sammich, if the other FO promised spicy mustard. . . .

If we could trade one of the 2 Id say trade Tebow. He isnt polished enough to beat out Orton, and it is a distraction.

Canmore
08-04-2011, 03:20 AM
I think Ortons off the table at this point. It would have to be a pretty fantastic trade to waste a whole TC worth of first team reps for Quinn/Tebow.

JMO. Im not in love with any of our QB's, so I want the best one to play, and get us thru till we find the stud Bronco.

I think you are probably right, but what if South Beach comes calling after their first preseason game is a debacle? Tebow and Quinn are definitely behind the 8 ball. Do you pull the trigger? That's a very hard one. I can only speculate that they would listen. Beyond that??? And this is all based on supposition that Henne stinks it up, or someone gets hurt.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 03:22 AM
If we could trade one of the 2 Id say trade Tebow. He isnt polished enough to beat out Orton, and it is a distraction.

The CFL and NFL don't commit to trading with one another, and I don't see a team in the NFL that would be that enamored to really offer much, Buffalo might...Miami could and Oakland probably would be all over it.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 03:24 AM
I think you are probably right, but what if South Beach comes calling after their first preseason game is a debacle? Tebow and Quinn are definitely behind the 8 ball. Do you pull the trigger? That's a very hard one. I can only speculate that they would listen. Beyond that??? And this is all based on supposition that Henne stinks it up, or someone gets hurt.

If Orton get's traded (which I only pray happens all the time) then I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn was named starter, and if he is...then that should tell you the most about Tebow, his future in Denver and where Tebowmania is headed.

;)

DenBronx
08-04-2011, 03:25 AM
The CFL and NFL don't commit to trading with one another, and I don't see a team in the NFL that would be that enamored to really offer much, Buffalo might...Miami could and Oakland probably would be all over it.

I would hate life if he went to Oakland and played well. Any other team but them.

DenBronx
08-04-2011, 03:27 AM
If Orton get's traded (which I only pray happens all the time) then I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn was named starter, and if he is...then that should tell you the most about Tebow, his future in Denver and where Tebowmania is headed.

;)

Dogfish would have a brain hemorrhage if that happened.

claymore
08-04-2011, 03:28 AM

Only if we were going to make a full court press on Luck next year. From all Ive read Orton is the best QB on our team by far. Thats a pretty bad spot to be in. :laugh:

Canmore
08-04-2011, 03:29 AM

;)

I know that's a big if at this point, but not totally unrealistic, improbable yes. Quinn's reviews so far have sounded positive. I want to see all three of them under game conditions. Then we will at least have a glimpse of their real progress or lack thereof.

DenBronx
08-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Only if we were going to make a full court press on Luck next year. From all Ive read Orton is the best QB on our team by far. Thats a pretty bad spot to be in. :laugh:

If he's the best QB, "by far", then we're F**KED!

SUCK FOR LUCK OR YOU'RE F**KED campaign starts in 5.....4....3....2...

Canmore
08-04-2011, 03:32 AM
If he's the best QB, "by far", then we're F**KED!

SUCK FOR LUCK OR YOU'RE F**KED campaign starts in 5.....4....3....2...

Lol 1...0

bcbronc
08-04-2011, 03:34 AM
Well Fox was asked about the QB competition and he wont commit to Orton yet to the media.....said its the same song

edit here is the Fox Quote

“I'm in those meetings every day and know what’s said to everybody. Nothing’s changed. We’ve been singing the same song as seven months ago.”

hopefully top will be along soon to correct Coach Fox on his terrible grammar.

nope, curse of Jake Plummer. People should have appreciated the bearded wonder when they had the chance. Look at the shit we've had since....

claymore
08-04-2011, 03:44 AM
hopefully top will be along soon to correct Coach Fox on his terrible grammar.

nope, curse of Jake Plummer. People should have appreciated the bearded wonder when they had the chance. Look at the shit we've had since....

We had a bad ass ProBowl QB. Pretty exciting young offense. The curse was Mcdaniels.

Canmore
08-04-2011, 03:50 AM
We had a bad ass ProBowl QB. Pretty exciting young offense. The curse was Mcdaniels.

If McDaniels wasn't given so much power things may have turned out differently. Then again he couldn't get along with anybody so it would have probably just prolonged the pain til his eventual demise. Certainly will be interesting following the Rams and Bradford. I wonder if we will ever here the words Steven Jackson again.

dogfish
08-04-2011, 03:51 AM

i'd trade norton. . . tebow has a lot of long term value just as a red zone and sub-package player, plus he's younger and cheaper this year. . .

what's neckbeard's long term value to a franchise that has no defense and no running game?

:drinking:

Lancane
08-04-2011, 03:52 AM

That is without a doubt the gospel truth right there! :laugh:

Canmore
08-04-2011, 03:54 AM
i'd trade norton. . . tebow has a lot of long term value just as a red zone and sub-package player, plus he's younger and cheaper this year. . .

what's neckbeard's long term value to a franchise that has no defense and no running game?

Even if we develop a running game and a defense Orton walks next season. He has no value except in polarizing the fan base.

claymore
08-04-2011, 03:55 AM

If he cant become the starting QB I think the distraction from the Tebow gay lovers outweighs the benifits from what he could as a situational guy.

DenBronx
08-04-2011, 03:56 AM

100% agreed.

One of the worst times as a Bronco fan was he first stepped foot on Dove Valley.

I still have that idiots image burned into my brain of him riding away in his SUV the day he was McFired smiling from ear to ear.

dogfish
08-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Dogfish would have a brain hemorrhage if that happened.

nah. . . the broncos can't piss me off that much anymore. . .

after they punted DL in the draft yet again, i didn't even get pissed. . . i figured it was coming. . . i'm pretty much apathetic after all the blundering. . . i realized that i needed to change my perspective-- it's stupid to keep getting mad every time the organization steps on its carrot. . . like the griese era, i've stopped taking the team seriously-- i don't view them as a drama, but rather the comedy of errors they are. . .

its actually a lot more fun that way. . . like watching pee wee football-- it's funny, and you can cheer wildly on the few occasions they actually run in the right direction. . . :lol:

iyoungwoni1985
08-04-2011, 04:01 AM
I thank ur right

DenBronx
08-04-2011, 04:02 AM
nah. . . the broncos can't piss me off that much anymore. . .

after they punted DL in the draft yet again, i didn't even get pissed. . . i figured it was coming. . . i'm pretty much apathetic after all the blundering. . . i realized that i needed to change my perspective-- it's stupid to keep getting mad every time the organization steps on its carrot. . . like the griese era, i've stopped taking the team seriously-- i don't view them as a drama, but rather the comedy of errors they are. . .

its actually a lot more fun that way. . . like watching pee wee football-- it's funny, and you can cheer wildly on the few occasions they actually run in the right direction. . . :lol:

LoL. I wish I was this positive. :lol:

It's been one vicious cycle that needs to end. Deffinitely not a loss for drama when it comes to my Broncos.

bcbronc
08-04-2011, 04:02 AM

Cutler...Orton...Tebow...we need a REAL QB up in here like quick. Is a leader of men with good fundamentals and the ability to play his best when it matters most too much to ask for? :tsk:

DenBronx
08-04-2011, 04:03 AM
I thank ur right

Worst first post ever.

FAIL.

Canmore
08-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Cutler...Orton...Tebow...we need a REAL QB up in here like quick. Is a leader of men with good fundamentals and the ability to play his best when it matters most too much to ask for? :tsk:

At this point in time...Yes! Get back to me next season.

dogfish
08-04-2011, 04:23 AM
If he cant become the starting QB I think the distraction from the Tebow gay lovers outweighs the benifits from what he could as a situational guy.

enh. . . unless the tebowners are out on the field at dove valley, i don't see how much distraction they can provide. . . after a while, if he doesn't play or doesn't play well, the hype will fade and the media will stop asking players about it. . . those guys can be a pain in the ass here on the boards, but i'll put up with it if teebs can give us ten touchdowns a year. . .

Canmore
08-04-2011, 04:27 AM
enh. . . unless the tebowners are out on the field at dove valley, i don't see how much distraction they can provide. . . after a while, if he doesn't play or doesn't play well, the hype will fade and the media will stop asking players about it. . . those guys can be a pain in the ass here on the boards, but i'll put up with it if teebs can give us ten touchdowns a year. . .

I'd take ten touchdowns a season from Tebow in a heartbeat if he was a situational player. Let the Tebowners squeel.

dogfish
08-04-2011, 04:46 AM
I'd take ten touchdowns a season from Tebow in a heartbeat if he was a situational player. Let the Tebowners squeel.

yep-- screw those clowns. . . they don't get to dictate how our franchise is run. . .

Canmore
08-04-2011, 04:55 AM
yep-- screw those clowns. . . they don't get to dictate how our franchise is run. . .

They can make all the noise and pages long dissertations they want. Ten touchdowns, I'd take that.

Reidman
08-04-2011, 05:40 AM
McD isnt happy.

2pPCEXq4mgk

Holy shit I must've been under a rock because this is the first time I've seen this and I couldn't stop laughing! :lol:

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Even if we develop a running game and a defense Orton walks next season. He has no value except in polarizing the fan base.

I'll say it again.... IN Fox's run first -drop back passing offense (70% of Delhomne's snap were under center) Orotn is going to look human out there.

Canmore
08-04-2011, 06:02 AM
I'll say it again.... IN Fox's run first -drop back passing offense (70% of Delhomne's snap were under center) Orotn is going to look human out there.

Is human a good thing or a bad thing? :laugh:

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Is human a good thing or a bad thing? :laugh:

For Kyle... Human is a 68.0 qb rating for the year :tsk:.

Just like he had LAST year under center

Canmore
08-04-2011, 07:10 AM
For Kyle... Human is a 68.0 qb rating for the year :tsk:.

Just like he had LAST year under center

He definitley had a better rating out of the gun. :rolleyes:

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't even think the Broncos could dump Tebow for a 5th rounder. Nobody wants to pay that kind of price for a QB who can't throw. Maybe a team like Jacksonville would take him, atleast the 5th rounder would be worth the "fanbase", and not the "skill".

No GM in the league would make Tebow the starting QB. Infact he would never win a starting job anywhere with his skill set right now. His catapault release is the ugliest release the NFL has ever seen. It looks like the is throwing with a broken arm, and shoulder. Just looks unnatural to throw the ball.

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Trolling trolling trolling... keep the doggies trolling... rawhiiiiiide.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM
I don't even think the Broncos could dump Tebow for a 5th rounder. Nobody wants to pay that kind of price for a QB who can't throw. Maybe a team like Jacksonville would take him, atleast the 5th rounder would be worth the "fanbase", and not the "skill".

No GM in the league would make Tebow the starting QB. Infact he would never win a starting job anywhere with his skill set right now. His catapault release is the ugliest release the NFL has ever seen. It looks like the is throwing with a broken arm, and shoulder. Just looks unnatural to throw the ball.

Thank god we got Kyle Orton leading us to all those "red Zone Touchdowns" while he was standing on the sidelines last year!!!

whew...

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Trolling trolling trolling... keep the doggies trolling... rawhiiiiiide.

wow

:rolleyes:

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Thank god we got Kyle Orton leading us to all those "red Zone Touchdowns" while he was standing on the sidelines last year!!!

whew...

Some say we drafted Tebow as a QB. But from the evidence last season, it looks like we drafted him as a short down yardage back, who can give it the odd toss.

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
wow

:rolleyes:

I know. I'm a pretty bad singer. But its what Hammered does. He starts up the same stuff to get people's reactions and start an argument. Its the definition of trolling.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Some say we drafted Tebow as a QB. But from the evidence last season, it looks like we drafted him as a short down yardage back, who can give it the odd toss.

And he makes Kyle Orton into the "#1 red Zone QB"....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 11:35 AM

Weird I thought I saw him start 3 games at QB last year when Orton got hurt.......again

Lancane
08-04-2011, 11:39 AM

No, originally he was drafted because he was the most controversial project quarterback and everyone figured he needed time to develop and McNumbnuts was trying to save his job...

Now, the hypocrisy is this...Broncos' fans are tired of Orton, they never wanted Orton as a quarterback and we're sick of him sticking around where he isn't wanted, if Tebow isn't ready then start Quinn, either or is fine right now and if Tebow is not the future, then draft the future in the next draft...just get Orton on a bus out of town.

;)

I Eat Staples
08-04-2011, 12:35 PM

Tebow will have more trouble from under center than Orton, considering he can't read defenses and he's used to running QB draws from the shotgun.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Tebow will have more trouble from under center than Orton, considering he can't read defenses and he's used to running QB draws from the shotgun.

Considering that Orton had a 65 QB rating from "Under Center" last year...

Tebow would REALLY have to suck donkey spit "To be worse than Kyle Orton under center"

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 02:15 PM

He was a rookie....nuff said.....give the kid a break to actually work with a QB coach and all....:shocked:

he had no reps last year and had no coach over the off season.....what do you expect to see? :confused:

Tebow become the next Steve Young out of the shoot?:tsk:

I Eat Staples
08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
He was a rookie....nuff said.....give the kid a break to actually work with a QB coach and all....:shocked:

he had no reps last year and had no coach over the off season.....what do you expect to see? :confused:

Tebow become the next Steve Young out of the shoot?:tsk:

Everyone is a rookie at one point. Not everyone had the flaws that Tebow did coming into the draft.

chazoe60
08-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Everyone is a rookie at one point. Not everyone had the flaws that Tebow did coming into the draft.

Or the strengths.

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 04:23 PM

And not all rookies produce like Tebow did in the 3 starts. Flaws or just unorthodox? some are considered flaws but those are the same as Rivers, like technique. I do agree he is unorthodox but what I do see he needs to improve is his release time and drop backs. Reading the defense will come with time which will improve how quick he gets into his throwing motion. Repetition of drop backs will increase the time and therefore give him more time in the pocket. He has had some good accurate throws this TC, stated by several people at camp. If you want to knock his accuracy then you should go back and remove his hail marry throws at the end of quarters and that will bump him over 50% (i know of 2 in chargers game). Since 3 games is not enough information to rate a QB but it is enough to attack his accuracy? WTF

I Eat Staples
08-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Or the strengths.

Work ethic and character? You saw what happened to McD's team of "good guys."

And not all rookies produce like Tebow did in the 3 starts. Flaws or just unorthodox? some are considered flaws but those are the same as Rivers, like technique. I do agree he is unorthodox but what I do see he needs to improve is his release time and drop backs. Reading the defense will come with time which will improve how quick he gets into his throwing motion. Repetition of drop backs will increase the time and therefore give him more time in the pocket. He has had some good accurate throws this TC, stated by several people at camp. If you want to knock his accuracy then you should go back and remove his hail marry throws at the end of quarters and that will bump him over 50% (i know of 2 in chargers game). Since 3 games is not enough information to rate a QB but it is enough to attack his accuracy? WTF

Rivers' throwing motion is unorthodox, but Tebow's is extremely slow and elongated. It makes it easier for teams to create pressure on him, strip the ball from him, and even predict where the throw is going. I'm not judging his accuracy by his stats, I'm going by what I've seen. He looks incredibly inaccurate even on short passes.

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Work ethic and character? You saw what happened to McD's team of "good guys."

Rivers' throwing motion is unorthodox, but Tebow's is extremely slow and elongated. It makes it easier for teams to create pressure on him, strip the ball from him, and even predict where the throw is going. I'm not judging his accuracy by his stats, I'm going by what I've seen. He looks incredibly inaccurate even on short passes.

Nothing supports that he is incredibly inaccurate. Tebow played baseball and that is his football throwing motion. Why it will not be fixed 100% he can be modified. Like pitching...depending on the pitch, arm does different rotation, movement, release. But the more reps he gets the more it will become polished. I believe I read it on another thread about how he is thinking so much on his form and all that he is throwing slower to work on his form.

HammeredOut
08-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Nothing supports that he is incredibly inaccurate. Tebow played baseball and that is his football throwing motion. Why it will not be fixed 100% he can be modified. Like pitching...depending on the pitch, arm does different rotation, movement, release. But the more reps he gets the more it will become polished. I believe I read it on another thread about how he is thinking so much on his form and all that he is throwing slower to work on his form.

and people knocked Jake Locker for having a cannon arm, quick release, and great throwing motion. He is a lot like Cutler.

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 04:47 PM
and people knocked Jake Locker for having a cannon arm, quick release, and great throwing motion. He is a lot like Cutler.

But his problem WAS his accuracy......prior to the draft that was all anyone talked about was his accuracy....how his ability to hit moving targets went down, whether he was overthrowing or what.

Dzone
08-04-2011, 04:52 PM
If you are a defensive coordinator, which of the 3, if any,
would keep you up all night worrying?
I say Tebow presents the most problems. With Orton, its the same as with the older Brat Favre, knock the shit out of him on every single play. If a Defense does that to Orton, his entire game falls apart. With Tebow, you dont know wtf.

Jsteve01
08-04-2011, 04:52 PM

The problems with his throwing motion have been waaaaaaay overblown. That's never been the issue. It's accuracy and reads in the NFL game. If he can't consistently hit on outs and timing routes he'll never be more than sub package qb in this league

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 05:01 PM
The problems with his throwing motion have been waaaaaaay overblown. That's never been the issue. It's accuracy and reads in the NFL game. If he can't consistently hit on outs and timing routes he'll never be more than sub package qb in this league

Professional now? Been at training camp? Whats your report? Photos? I agree it has been overblown but his accuracy has not been the problem with the coaches. His release, timing, and footwork have been the issue. If he was just an inaccurate passer he would be #3 QB hands down. You dont even think of starting a guy who cant throw the ball to a player.

How come he had a 3 out of 4 passes in a 2 min drill yesterday and hit Willis perfectly over the shoulder, I believe the word used in the report was "spot on"

How come he has 50% completion in 3 games and 64% in the preseason? His preseason stats

Att Comp YdsComp % Yds/Att TD TD% INT INT%Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
39 25 344 64.1 8.8 2 5.1 2 5.1 39 2 3 88.0

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Last night, Vic Lombardi said something, which I thought was interesting in regards to Tebow - he said Tebow is too bulked up for a QB, and he would be better off if he lost 25 lbs. You can hear what Vic said:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/08/04/its-more-of-a-broncos-qb-campaign-than-controversy-okay-so-i-meant-to-say-electoral-college/