PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Spencer Larsen for Rookie of the Week!

dekers
11-18-2008, 03:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

Jaws
11-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Done!

:salute:

horsesense
11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
He even got props from ESPN last night, along with a game ball..

broncofaninfla
11-18-2008, 10:05 AM
I just voted as well!

rcsodak
11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Ya'll just voted once??????

There's no limit!!!!!!

Fan in Exile
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
The page must be having a glitch because the voting part isn't coming up for me.

MOtorboat
11-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Anyone notice B-Marsh trying to mack on the NFL.com reporter?

(To get to that highlight...click on the "video" next to Spencer Larson's name, not the Play button on the video screen...it's highlights of the entire game...)

pnbronco
11-18-2008, 10:37 AM

(To get to that highlight...click on the "video" next to Spencer Larson's name, not the Play button on the video screen...it's highlights of the entire game...)

Yes I did, I just watched it. It was nice to see them, the game kept cutting in and out while I was driving in ID and I voted....

honz
11-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Larsen is going to be on ESPN First Take later this morning as well.

Actually, he is on right now.

MOtorboat
11-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Larsen is going to be on ESPN First Take later this morning as well.

Actually, he is on right now.

Oh...I thought that was yesterday...

Requiem / The Dagda
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
I voted for DRC.

NightTrainLayne
11-18-2008, 11:13 AM

Saw that after the game Sunday. . .He was really making eyes at her. Made my heart skip a beat.

Lonestar
11-18-2008, 01:50 PM
voted 5 times so far.. will go back and do a couple more now..

horsepig
11-18-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm puttin in my votes baby!

Superchop 7
11-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Voted.....Go Spencer !!

blueblood15
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
I voted about 20 times, i hope thats enough!

broncofaninfla
11-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Spencer Larsen won NFL Rookie of the week!!!!! Congrats!!

BroncoWave
11-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Sweet! He totally deserved it!

broncofaninfla
11-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Spencer Larsen suddenly found himself thrust into the spotlight after his performance in the Broncos’ 24-20 win over the Falcons last Sunday.

After all, few people start on both offense and defense while also playing special teams.

He has now been officially rewarded for his efforts by winning Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week honors.

This is the first such award for Larsen but the third for the Broncos, as Eddie Royal has won it twice in 2008.

Larsen started at fullback and linebacker in Atlanta, and while he didn’t record any offensive stats, he did notch seven tackles on defense in his first-ever start at middle linebacker.

It’s unknown as to whether or not he’ll perform the same feat this Sunday when the Broncos face the Raiders at INVESCO Field at Mile High, but either way, his name is etched in Denver Bronco record books as the first two-way starter.

– Adam Zinser, DenverBroncos.com

Davii
11-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Congrats Spencer! I love seeing Bronco's rewarded, especially when it is so well deserved!

G_Money
11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Clady also deserves the award, but it’s hard to get award for NOT giving up stats. It’s why when free agency started nobody knew what a good LT was gonna go for. How do you rate guys whose job is not to appear on the stat sheet in any way?

Still, Clady should get a rook of the week, doncha think?

I didn’t expect the kids to contribute this much this year. I figured next year might be when we’d start seeing the rewards from our project draft.

If they’re this good THIS year, next year could be really fun. :D

~G

Davii
11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Clady also deserves the award, but it’s hard to get award for NOT giving up stats. It’s why when free agency started nobody knew what a good LT was gonna go for. How do you rate guys whose job is not to appear on the stat sheet in any way?

I didn’t expect the kids to contribute this much this year. I figured next year might be when we’d start seeing the rewards from our project draft.

~G

Clady has deserved it damn near every week IMO

Spiritguy
11-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Heres the "official" statement hahaha

Voters on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service have made their choice. Fullback/linebacker Spencer Larsen of the Denver Broncos is the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week for games played from Nov. 13-17.

Larsen was selected from among five finalists through fan votes on NFL.com/rookies and via Sprint wireless service. The other finalists were tight end Dustin Keller of the New York Jets, cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie of the Arizona Cardinals, running back Steve Slaton of the Houston Texans and running back Jonathan Stewart of the Carolina Panthers.

After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay.

broncofaninfla
11-21-2008, 03:31 PM

~G

I completely agree. Not to take anything away from Larsen but Clady hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves. It's like Zim is in there all over again. Cutlers back is safe. :beer:

Kaylore
11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Clady is the Broncos' best rookie. The NFL network keeps force-feeding us Jake Long when he's done nothing to earn the nomination. Clady is hands down the best tackle in the draft and you could argue he's playing as the best tackle in the AFC.

GEM
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Clady is the Broncos' best rookie. The NFL network keeps force-feeding us Jake Long when he's done nothing to earn the nomination. Clady is hands down the best tackle in the draft and you could argue he's playing as the best tackle in the AFC.

They were saying the same thing the other night on NFL on Sirius. It was brought up on here and someone was probably onto something....Jake Long is East of the Mississippi and Clady is West of it. :tsk:

I did enjoy listening to the late afternoon guys on Sirius making the case for best rookie this week. The one guy called the other guy an idiot for downsizing the size of what Spencer Larsen did last Sunday. Laughed my head off, raised my hand in a :rockon: and the guy in the car next to me looked at me like I was crazy. :laugh:

shank
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
i almost threw up when i watched shanny's friday presser and he said that nate should be ready to go for the jets... :tsk:

G_Money
11-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Maybe he meant on special teams.

Nate is a fine special teams player.

~G

Lonestar
11-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Maybe he meant on special teams.

Nate is a fine special teams player.

~G
nate who?

pnbronco
11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
i almost threw up when i watched shanny's friday presser and he said that nate should be ready to go for the jets... :tsk:

Nate Webster...

shank
11-21-2008, 07:48 PM
nate will probably start again at MLB when he gets back, and shanny will say that it's because you can't lose your job due to injury.

(unless you are hamza abdullah)

Dean
11-21-2008, 09:42 PM
The NFL front office give with one hand while they take it away with the other. Just a few hours before he received his rookie of the week award, they notified him that he was fined $5000 for tackling an Atlanta RB with a leg whip. Poor guy. :throwrock:

Lonestar
11-21-2008, 09:51 PM
The NFL front office give with one hand while they take it away with the other. Just a few hours before he received his rookie of the week award, they notified him that he was fined $5000 for tackling an Atlanta RB with a leg whip. Poor guy. :throwrock:

actually it was diet Pepsi that gave him the reward.. so do not give the NFL any credit on this..

BTW how is your season going should be over soon unless your going to the playoffs..

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
11-21-2008, 10:05 PM
he was crazy....

Dean
11-21-2008, 10:09 PM
We were one and done in the play-offs. It was a very dissapointing year.

We had a returning All State running back/outside linebacker who went down with a broken ankle the second week of the season. He lived for football and in the blink of an eye it was over. It's a tough game and demands all you've got.

I have an ankle that through years of use and abuse may make this my last year. Like has been said, "It was the worst of times. It was the best of times."

Lonestar
11-21-2008, 10:15 PM
We were one and done in the play-offs. It was a very dissapointing year.

We had a returning All State running back/outside linebacker who went down with a broken ankle the second week of the season. He lived for football and in the blink of an eye it was over. It's a tough game and demands all you've got.

I have an ankle that through years of use and abuse may make this my last year. Like has been said, "It was the worst of times. It was the best of times."

well sorry to hear about both the LB RB and most importantly you.. are you still gonna teach? :salute:

I hear the trainers in Dove valley works miracles perhaps you'd like to make th trip?:laugh:

Magnificent Seven
11-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Larsen voted Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Voters on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service have made their choice. Fullback/linebacker Spencer Larsen of the Denver Broncos is the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week for games played from Nov. 13-17.

Larsen was selected from among five finalists through fan votes on NFL.com/rookies and via Sprint wireless service. The other finalists were tight end Dustin Keller of the New York Jets, cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie of the Arizona Cardinals, running back Steve Slaton of the Houston Texans and running back Jonathan Stewart of the Carolina Panthers.

After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay.

Magnificent Seven
11-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Larsen voted Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week!

Awesome!!!! :salute:

Magnificent Seven
11-22-2008, 02:33 AM
Looks like Broncos will have a good season in 2009.

fcspikeit
11-22-2008, 04:12 AM

OMG, I can't say most of us didn't see this coming, but come on Shanahan! You can't tell me he can't see Webster taking so many bad angles to the ball? He hasn't played as well as Larson did rather he's a rookie or not shouldn't have anything to do with it. You are supposed to put your best players on the field.

We need him more at Mike then we do FB. Let Cory lich%$&*#%$#@ play FB. Either way, why mess with a good thing? Can't he see the improvement on the field? Our rookies have played with heart. Leave them out there If for no other reason then their raising the play of the other guys.

This is a no brainer!

SR
11-22-2008, 05:22 AM
I'm way late, but congrats to Larsen. He definitely earned it. Total stud and he played very well at Mike. It might benefit us to keep him there when Webster comes back. Webster is inferior.

shank
11-22-2008, 06:08 AM
I'm way late, but congrats to Larsen. He definitely earned it. Total stud and he played very well at Mike. It might benefit us to keep him there when Webster comes back. Webster is inferior.

4:22?! go to bed SR.

if our run defense is good again this week and webster is given starting duties again the following week, i will cry and cry and cry and dance, but it will be an interpretive dance that reveals how i cry and cry and dance, but this, too, is a sad, interpretive dance...

JKcatch724
11-22-2008, 06:21 AM
Awesome!!!! :salute:

Did you just salute yourself? LOL

Traveler
11-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Looks like Broncos should have a good season in 2009.

Fixed it for ya!

pnbronco
11-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Congrats Spencer for a job well done and the award. Also for just doing everything they are asking of you. I hope this is the beginning of many to come....:D

atwater27
11-22-2008, 11:48 AM

That was a great play, just instinct. I don't understand why you can't trip people on defense. Christ, we can rip their heads of and give them concussions, do everything possible to bring them down, but can't trip them.

Lonestar
11-22-2008, 01:36 PM
That was a great play, just instinct. I don't understand why you can't trip people on defense. Christ, we can rip their heads of and give them concussions, do everything possible to bring them down, but can't trip them.

hey, hey, there they are trying not to sissify this part of the game..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SR
11-22-2008, 02:43 PM
4:22?! go to bed SR.

I work at night man!

Superchop 7
11-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Devo.....I named my son Devon because of that band.......the song ?

Whip it........whip it good.

FYI......this is actually true.

Do what you gotta do, they can't catch em all.

SR
11-22-2008, 09:14 PM
If you say "Devo" out loud it sounds like "Dio" which could be mistaken for Ronnie James Dio, who is a Devil worshiper.

Superchop 7
11-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Son is named for Devo.

Never had a problem with Dio either.

Just sayin

Do me a favor, if you see my sig, keep hate out of it.