PDA

View Full Version : Analysis: Broncos' new regime cleans house, dumping many of McDaniels' acquisitions

TXBRONC
08-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Analysis: Broncos' new regime cleans house, dumping many of McDaniels' acquisitions
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/02/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 08/02/2011 06:28:03 PM MDT

Clearly, many of the players brought in over the last two years do not factor in the team's future.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18596348

Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams, Renaldo Hill, Jabbar Gaffney and Correll Buckhalter gone. Richard Quinn and Perrish Cox could very well be gone and who knows who else could be gone before it's all said and done. Although I don't expect EFX make dumb ass radical changes like joshy did turning over 80 plus percent of the roster. I suspect the changes they make will be more gradual which is a sign of maturity and experience.

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Good.

Nothing in the world would make me happier at this point. :salute:

Maybe two chicks at one time...

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 10:08 PM
TEBOW COULD BE NEXT!!!:vroam:

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
TEBOW COULD BE NEXT!!!:vroam:

uhhh Ortons also from the McDoogle campaign.

Not really overly excited about either one to tell you the truth.

Cutler at least looked like a FCQB.

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 10:17 PM
uhhh Ortons also from the McDoogle campaign.

Not really overly excited about either one to tell you the truth.

Cutler at least looked like a FCQB.

And you bit....

Tned
08-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Wait, I thought McD had rebuilt the entire core of the Broncos team? :confused?

Clipworthy
08-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Orton had his bags packed, ready to head out on that bus with 'em. But they didn't want him either :listen:

TXBRONC
08-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Wait, I thought McD had rebuilt the entire core of the Broncos team? :confused?

I just don't understand how Fox could dismantle the great nucleus that McDaniels was putting together. :tsk:

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I just don't understand how Fox could dismantle the great nucleus that McDaniels was putting together. :tsk:

:lol:

Ravage!!!
08-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams, Renaldo Hill, Jabbar Gaffney and Correll Buckhalter gone. Richard Quinn and Perrish Cox could very well be gone and who knows who else could be gone before it's all said and done. Although I don't expect EFX make dumb ass radical changes like joshy did turning over 80 plus percent of the roster. I suspect the changes they make will be more gradual which is a sign of maturity and experience.

Its good coaching.. a "proper" rebuild..... or so I've been told

scott.475
08-02-2011, 10:51 PM

Preach it brother! I'm not sure we'll ever be the same, he is tearing this team apart! /sarcasm

TXBRONC
08-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Its good coaching.. a "proper" rebuild..... or so I've been told

Whoever told you that was feeding you a pile of ish.

GEM
08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
And you bit....

So you admit you baited him there? That is it. You are in trouble. Go to your corner and await your concerning your post pm. Haha!!!

MOtorboat
08-02-2011, 11:02 PM
:rage:

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 11:09 PM
So you admit you baited him there? That is it. You are in trouble. Go to your corner and await your concerning your post pm. Haha!!!

Sorry masta!

MOtorboat
08-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Let's go around the horn, just for kicks...

QB, Orton - addition by McDaniels
RB, Moreno, White, McGahee - McDaniels, McDaniels, EFX
FB, Daniel Fells - EFX
WR, Lloyd - Shanahan (if memory serves)
WR, Royal - Shanahan
WR, Decker, D. Thomas - McDaniels
TE, Rosario, Green, Quinn - EFX, EFX, McDaniels
T, Clady - Shanahan
G, Kuper - Shanahan
C, Walton - McDaniels
G, Beadles - McDaniels
T, Franklin - EFX

DE, Dumervil - Shanahan
DT, Bunkley, Vickerson - EFX, McDaniels
DT, Warren, Thomas - EFX, Shanahan
DE, Ayers - McDaniels
WLB, Williams, Woodyard - Shanahan, McDaniels
MLB, Mays, Irving - McDaniels, EFX
SLB, Miller, Hunter - EFX, McDaniels
CB, Goodman - McDaniels
CB, Bailey - Shanahan
S, Dawkins - McDaniels
S, Moore, Carter - EFX, EFX

There are pitiful numbers of players added to the Broncos by McDaniels in impact positions. Incredibly pitiful.

TXBRONC
08-02-2011, 11:26 PM

FB, Daniel Fells - EFX
WR, Royal - Shanahan
T, Clady - Shanahan
G, Kuper - Shanahan
C, Walton - McDaniels
G, Beadles - McDaniels
T, Franklin - EFX

DE, Dumervil - Shanahan
DE, Ayers - McDaniels
CB, Goodman - McDaniels
CB, Bailey - Shanahan
S, Dawkins - McDaniels

There are pitiful numbers of players added to the Broncos by McDaniels in impact positions. Incredibly pitiful.

Lloyd was brought in by McDaniels.

Ravage!!!
08-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Lloyd was brought in by McDaniels.

No..he was here with Shanahan.

turftoad
08-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Woodyard was brought in by Shanny if I'm not mistaken.

SOCALORADO.
08-03-2011, 08:49 AM

Yeah i think your right.

MOtorboat
08-03-2011, 08:50 AM

I couldn't remember if he was 2008 or 2009.

BroncoStud
08-03-2011, 08:57 AM
I can't imagine why they would want to clean house after the McDaniels Era...

:rolleyes:

Slick
08-03-2011, 09:07 AM
They should ALL have to take a pay cut after the last two seasons.

Lonestar
08-03-2011, 09:16 AM
How about we see who goes and who does not before gloating so much.

Still thinking more of Joshes recruits will survive than any of mikeys did to see a second contract.

Although why Moreno decided to drop weight is beyond me. If anything he should have added weight to better handle the rigors of the season.

Time will tell.

Btw lots of the old FA were not signed as long term solutions unlike mikey who did not know how to draft defensive talent. Kept stocking his team wiyh has beens hoping they would by him time.
Of course moving away from the 3-4 will be the doom for many of those brought in for that alone.

Time will tell.

Northman
08-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Still thinking more of Joshes recruits will survive than any of mikeys did to see a second contract.

Although why Moreno decided to drop weight is beyond me. If anything he should have added weight to better handle the rigors of the season.

Time will tell.

Btw lots of the old FA were not signed as long term solutions unlike mikey who did not know how to draft defensive talent. Kept stocking his team wiyh has beens hoping they would by him time.
Of course moving away from the 3-4 will be the doom for many of those brought in for that alone.

Time will tell.

Or..... Fox just wants to dump the lousy picks and FA's that McDaniels had.

Superchop 7
08-03-2011, 09:33 AM
As Mike Nolan and the Goodmans crack a small smile....

Tned
08-03-2011, 09:49 AM
I couldn't remember if he was 2008 or 2009.

'08 for Woodyard, and as TX said, Lloyd was brought in by McDaniels in the Cutler off-season of upheaval.

Tned
08-03-2011, 09:54 AM

FB, Daniel Fells - EFX
WR, Royal - Shanahan
T, Clady - Shanahan
G, Kuper - Shanahan
C, Walton - McDaniels
G, Beadles - McDaniels
T, Franklin - EFX

DE, Dumervil - Shanahan
DE, Ayers - McDaniels
CB, Goodman - McDaniels
CB, Bailey - Shanahan
S, Dawkins - McDaniels

Nice breakdown, by the way. By seat of my pants, I would have thought three were fewer Shanahan players and more McDaniels at key positions.

How well, or if, Tebow, D. Thomas, Moreno, Ayers, Walton and Beadles develop into impact players will ultimately be the deciding factor as to whether McDaniels regime had any long term positive impact on the team, or only short term horrendous impact.

MileHighCrew
08-03-2011, 10:02 AM
I think Walton and Beadles will be ok, the other 3 are big question marks.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Again. Thats not exactly a fair comparison when McDaniels traded away all of Shanahan's YOUNG recruits. Pretty much makes it moot.

The Glue Factory
08-03-2011, 10:07 AM

Time will tell.

Time will tell.

You got a point, but McD doesn't seem to have brought in a lot of high caliber talent either. Maybe we should see how many of McD's castoffs are still in the league next year as the measuring stick?

I seem to recall many of Shanny's castoffs being of such high caliber that they didn't see another season in the NFL; 32 players in 2 years as I recall from official Bronco reports (at least 4 more are still in the league though.)

Maybe we should keep a tally for McD and Shanny?

Tned
08-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Again. Thats not exactly a fair comparison when McDaniels traded away all of Shanahan's YOUNG recruits. Pretty much makes it moot.

Good point.

I think Walton and Beadles will be ok, the other 3 are big question marks.

I left out D. Thomas, as I think if he fully heals from the heal injury, he could be a beast in the league. To a lesser extent Decker, as I think it will be a longshot for him to be an impact player.

I know we haven't seen it yet, but I'm still holding out for Mayocks prediction that was something like "Three years from now, Ayers will be considered the best defensive player drafted today." His belief was that Ayers wouldn't make an immediate impact and would take time to adapt to DE in the NFL (possibly delayed by the change to OLB and now back to DE), but eventually would be an impact player.

I'm not fully sold on Beadles or Walton yet. Let's say cautiously, optimistic.

I'm not quite ready to right off Moreno as a draft bust, but if he doesn't turn it up this year, then that's what he will be. An RB picked 12 needs to be an impact player.

Ravage!!!
08-03-2011, 10:10 AM

although I personally believe that to be a complete waste of time, I'm sure that Wiz will be sure to keep track IF it validates his anti-shanahan campaign.

Tned
08-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Kind of on topic, this was just Tweeted by Ted Sundquist:

RT @Ted_Sundquist: When analyzing DEN drafts, look at how many are gone from club & playing/played for others. Not much patience in Dove Valley at times.

MileHighCrew
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I forgot about Decker and DT. I think DT is a huge risk, Decker though, I have high hopes. I love how he runs routes and he seems to catch everything.
Good point by Sundquist.

The Glue Factory
08-03-2011, 10:54 AM
although I personally believe that to be a complete waste of time, I'm sure that Wiz will be sure to keep track IF it validates his anti-shanahan campaign.

Considering most of the Shanny cast-offs were defensive side, it seems that most of McD's cast-offs are offensive side. I just don't think there's many impact players left on the Broncos for Fox to ride off unlike McD.

All I'm saying is that Shanahan didn't field the most talented team in the NFL either. 32 of his cast offs never played in the NFL. Let's see how many of McD's castoffs don't play in the NFL. Although I doubt the number will be quite as high just because McD only had 2 years to acquire his stable of ineptitude.

The Glue Factory
08-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Kind of on topic, this was just Tweeted by Ted Sundquist:

Oh how true that twit is!

Or is it tweet? If it's on Twitter shouldn't it be called a twit instead of a tweet?

Bosco
08-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams, Renaldo Hill, Jabbar Gaffney and Correll Buckhalter gone.

It's should have been mentioned (although this is Legwold we're talking about) that many of these guys would have been gone no matter who was coaching, even if it was still Josh. McBath and Bruton were both taking playing time from Renaldo in 2009 and had McBath not had injury issues he is almost certainly the starter going into 2011 with Hill being relegated to backup duty at best. Decker was drafted to play the same position as Gaffney and probably would have beaten him out in camp. Bannan stays if we keep the 3-4 and EFX even wanted him back for the 4-3 but he took a better deal in St. Louis, so putting him on the list is illogical. Jamal was an aging stopgap solution who was going to be a 2 year rental in the best case scenario. Buckhalter's problem was not talent or production but the fact that he caught the injury bug again, and still, he was only signed to be the 3rd down back.

turftoad
08-03-2011, 01:43 PM
You got a point, but McD doesn't seem to have brought in a lot of high caliber talent either. Maybe we should see how many of McD's castoffs are still in the league next year as the measuring stick?

I seem to recall many of Shanny's castoffs being of such high caliber that they didn't see another season in the NFL; 32 players in 2 years as I recall from official Bronco reports (at least 4 more are still in the league though.)

Wouldn't waste my time. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to to see that McFired was a lot better at getting ride of (pissing off) very, very good talent and bringing in mediocre talent.

Anyway, I hope some of his picks stick so the last two years wasn't a complete debacle.

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 01:44 PM
It's should have been mentioned (although this is Legwold we're talking about) that many of these guys would have been gone no matter who was coaching, even if it was still Josh. McBath and Bruton were both taking playing time from Renaldo in 2009 and had McBath not had injury issues he is almost certainly the starter going into 2011 with Hill being relegated to backup duty at best. Decker was drafted to play the same position as Gaffney and probably would have beaten him out in camp. Bannan stays if we keep the 3-4 and EFX even wanted him back for the 4-3 but he took a better deal in St. Louis, so putting him on the list is illogical. Jamal was an aging stopgap solution who was going to be a 2 year rental in the best case scenario. Buckhalter's problem was not talent or production but the fact that he caught the injury bug again, and still, he was only signed to be the 3rd down back.

Why would it mentioned when there is nothing to base it on?

Bosco
08-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Why would it mentioned when there is nothing to base it on?

Nothing to base it on?

Hill - McBath and Bruton both drafted in 2009.
Gaffney - Decker drafted in 2010.
Buckhalter - Just a 3rd down back.
Williams - 34 years old playing at one of the most physically demanding positions.

None of these guys were brought here to be long term solutions. They had all served the roles they were brought here to fill and now they're being replaced which would have happened regardless of who was doing the coaching.

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Nothing to base it on?

Hill - McBath and Bruton both drafted in 2009.
Gaffney - Decker drafted in 2010.
Buckhalter - Just a 3rd down back.
Williams - 34 years old playing at one of the most physically demanding positions.

None of these guys were brought here to be long term solutions. They had all served the roles they were brought here to fill and now they're being replaced which would have happened regardless of who was doing the coaching.

You're assuming they were going to be replaced this year regardles and I'm saying there is no to know that with any kind of certainty.

bcbronc
08-03-2011, 02:17 PM
So what happens if guys like DT, Walton, Ayers and Moreno go on to be studs? That would cause some real conflict in the hearts of some Bronco fans. Imagine if history reveals that McDaniels wasn't a stupid dumb ass after all, just young and inexperienced with too much on his plate too soon. That would suck, eh.

Bosco
08-03-2011, 02:18 PM
You're assuming they were going to be replaced this year regardles and I'm saying there is no to know that with any kind of certainty.

It's not hard to figure out, TX. Those young players drafted at the same positions weren't brought in for the hell of it.

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 02:28 PM
So what happens if guys like DT, Walton, Ayers and Moreno go on to be studs? That would cause some real conflict in the hearts of some Bronco fans. Imagine if history reveals that McDaniels wasn't a stupid dumb ass after all, just young and inexperienced with too much on his plate too soon. That would suck, eh.

I don't see why those players becoming studs would cause conflict. It might be a sensitive issue for some but I would bet for the vast majority it wont be problem. If they turn out to be good even great players McDaniels gets credit for drafting them but that's no indication that knows how run a team.

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Lets see.....

Shanny's dirtbag never were's 2008....................... 8-8

McDouchie's "Good team guy's" 2010.......................4-12

hmmmm.....

Northman
08-03-2011, 03:02 PM

On the flipside, if they fail i could see some members not accepting it and continue to make excuses as too why they failed. There's always two sides to that coin.

Juriga72
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
On the flipside, if they fail i could see some members not accepting it and continue to make excuses as too why they failed. There's always two sides to that coin.

In this day and age of NFL... 2-3 years is all you get. GM's spend 20 mill on a guy and they want him to produce right f-ing now.

Look at the waiver wires and who do you see on them?

Expensive BAD players...

Lonestar
08-03-2011, 11:47 PM

If you look back at how many of mikeys draft ( I use that term loosely) choices on day one, actually resigned a second contract, in DEN, after their rookie one expired. I think Y'all will be astounded to know it is IIRC 4 Al Wilson, Dj (no world beater IMHO), Doom, Mobley..

Thats all folks

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1400&type=team

4 That should not be hard to beat..4..

Lancane
08-04-2011, 03:46 AM
If you look back at how many of mikeys draft ( I use that term loosely) choices on day one, actually resigned a second contract, in DEN, after their rookie one expired. I think Y'all will be astounded to know it is IIRC 4 Al Wilson, Dj (no world beater IMHO), Doom, Mobley..

Thats all folks

Doom was a fourth round pick, so a day two pick...just so you know.

And I can end this argument rather quickly though:

McDaniels trades a franchise quarterback and replaces him with 'Horton', forgoes drafting Sanchez who was without a doubt the perfect quarterback for his system, drafted Moreno who was better suited for the ZBS though he was scrapping it, drafted Ayers who was better suited for the 4-3 though we were switching to the 3-4, then traded a first round pick in the following draft for a second round pick to take an undersized, overrated cornerback who never even broke into the starting lineup. In the next draft he drafted an untested wideout who hailed from an offense not known to be pro-ready and a project quarterback who likely would have fallen to the middle of the second if not into the third round (over, I might add) McCoy who he looked at and has already proven better then those drafted ahead of him give Bradford (who now McDaniels coaches).

If that is not enough, in Shanahan's first two drafts he had only one first round pick to use which netted John Mobley, he also drafted Jamie Brown who helped anchor our offensive line, Terrell Davis, Byron Chamberlain who was a better receiving tight end then anyone else we've seen since Sharpe on this team, Tory James, Detron Smith and Darrius Johnson, they were not all starters but all contributed and in a time frame where Shanahan had but one first and one second round pick compared to McDaniels who quite literally traded the talent away only to be replaced by far lesser players. The year that followed Denver had only three picks, and Shanahan drafted Trevor Pryce and Dan Neil that year, two players who would both eventually be Pro-Bowlers.

Shanahan was less then stellar, McDaniels has yet to prove he knew a damn thing...obviously...I mean hell, he tried to replace Cutler with Orton and Marshall with Thomas, both have been failures in that regard. Right now the best overall draft pick of McDaniels looks to be Eric Decker!

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Doom was a fourth round pick, so a day two pick...just so you know.

And I can end this argument rather quickly though:

McDaniels trades a franchise quarterback and replaces him with 'Horton', forgoes drafting Sanchez who was without a doubt the perfect quarterback for his system, drafted Moreno who was better suited for the ZBS though he was scrapping it, drafted Ayers who was better suited for the 4-3 though we were switching to the 3-4, then traded a first round pick in the following draft for a second round pick to take an undersized, overrated cornerback who never even broke into the starting lineup. In the next draft he drafted an untested wideout who hailed from an offense not known to be pro-ready and a project quarterback who likely would have fallen to the middle of the second if not into the third round (over, I might add) McCoy who he looked at and has already proven better then those drafted ahead of him give Bradford (who now McDaniels coaches).

If that is not enough, in Shanahan's first two drafts he had only one first round pick to use which netted John Mobley, he also drafted Jamie Brown who helped anchor our offensive line, Terrell Davis, Byron Chamberlain who was a better receiving tight end then anyone else we've seen since Sharpe on this team, Tory James, Detron Smith and Darrius Johnson, they were not all starters but all contributed and in a time frame where Shanahan had but one first and one second round pick compared to McDaniels who quite literally traded the talent away only to be replaced by far lesser players. The year that followed Denver had only three picks, and Shanahan drafted Trevor Pryce and Dan Neil that year, two players who would both eventually be Pro-Bowlers.

Shanahan was less then stellar, McDaniels has yet to prove he knew a damn thing...obviously...I mean hell, he tried to replace Cutler with Orton and Marshall with Thomas, both have been failures in that regard. Right now the best overall draft pick of McDaniels looks to be Eric Decker!

What you said Cane should end the debate but for some they have to spew hatred.

MOtorboat
08-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Wait, Sanchez, who we were no where near in a position to draft, was the perfect quarterback for that system?

Sanchez struggles making solid reads, what in the world makes anyone think he could pick up McDaniels system quickly?

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 06:49 AM

Thats all folks

Uh yeah... Lets just look at some of Mikey's "Day one busts"-
2000- Deltha and Gold- Pro Bowl rookies-
2001-Willie and Paul- YIKES.... Busts-o-rama!!!!
2002- Ashlie Lelie- 35 catches behind some has been/ never were's...traded
Clinton Portis 2nd round- Traded to Washington for-
Champ Bailey and pick (Tatum Bell)- hmmmmmmm I wonder how this guy "Champ" can play.
2003- George Foster-Terry Pierce- Meh
2004-DJ -Tatum Bell- NOT bad Bell traded
2005-NO 1st rounder-Darrentt Williams
2006-Jay Cutler-Traded by McDouchis
2006-Scheff-Traded by McDouchie
2007-JArvis Moss-Tim Crowder- BUSTS
2008-Some loser named...Clady?? and Royal

Ok... Now color me purple, but I really think we'll re-sign Clady also.
McDouchie traded TWO starters away so lets blame that on Shanny also.

Gold signed a HUGE deal with tampa, thank god we didnt pay him..

Middlebrooks/Tarvisi/Moss/Crowder- Busts

other than that you are spot on yet again.....:rolleyes:

Tned
08-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Uh yeah... Lets just look at some of Mikey's "Day one busts"-
2000- Deltha and Gold- Pro Bowl rookies-
2001-Willie and Paul- YIKES.... Busts-o-rama!!!!
2002- Ashlie Lelie- 35 catches behind some has been/ never were's...traded
Clinton Portis 2nd round- Traded to Washington for-
Champ Bailey and pick (Tatum Bell)- hmmmmmmm I wonder how this guy "Champ" can play.
2003- George Foster-Terry Pierce- Meh
2004-DJ -Tatum Bell- NOT bad Bell traded
2005-NO 1st rounder-Darrentt Williams
2006-Jay Cutler-Traded by McDouchis
2006-Scheff-Traded by McDouchie
2007-JArvis Moss-Tim Crowder- BUSTS
2008-Some loser named...Clady?? and Royal

Ok... Now color me purple, but I really think we'll re-sign Clady also.
McDouchie traded TWO starters away so lets blame that on Shanny also.

Gold signed a HUGE deal with tampa, thank god we didnt pay him..

Middlebrooks/Tarvisi/Moss/Crowder- Busts

other than that you are spot on yet again.....:rolleyes:

It's one of those "don't let facts get in the way of a good close" arguments.

He is simply twisting the facts (being kind) by ignoring the first day picks that were traded or otherwise dumped by McDaniels (or Shanahan).

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 08:15 AM

He is simply twisting the facts (being kind) by ignoring the first day picks that were traded or otherwise dumped by McDaniels (or Shanahan).

Yeah.. that whole Portis for Bailey thing threw me... I was like...."WTF!!!! Who needs a Hall of Fame CB Mike...."

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 09:15 AM
"Doom was a fourth round pick, so a day two pick...just so you know."

So I guess the real facts are in mikeys tenure as a HC/GM is he resigned three( 3 ) of his day one picks. 12 plus years and a whooping 3 day one (foundation) were found to be good enoiugh to give another contract to.

All the other 50 some day ONE picks were a waste as far as building a team with. All the other pro blow players were in fact head cases (save heyward & berry) that no one wanted around to spend a gazillion dollars on to resign.

As for jay has not yet proved himself as the elusive FQB that only his bromance guys believe he is.

IF that is a huge if he grows up he might be but being a consistent pro blower not going to happen. Hell right now he is only ahead if T Jackson in his division. And who knows that might it even be true this coming year with a change in qb in MIN.

Sure Josh dumped the head cases we all knew that we Would not be able to resign clady, kuper, and the class of
06 as a group because they all wanted to be the highest paid at their position. So why y'all are bitching about that is beyond me.

Facts are facts folks.

I know y'all hate Josh and think mikey walked on water but his record speaks for its self. Two rings in the last century and one play off since nothing to crow about IMO.
Doctor calls wil be back later.

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 09:28 AM
"Gold signed a HUGE deal with tampa, thank god we didnt pay him."

Actually we did take him back the next year when he whined his way out if tpa and signed him to a big contract and IMO ruined DJs potential by forcing him to the sam LB posistiin after a stellar rookie season at wil.

Yeah that was a brilliant move. Especially resigning DJ to a Humugous contract when he was less than stellar at sam. So they tried him at mike which he did not have the mentality for either in nasty or smart enough to call the front seven sets.

As for delta the head case that only played CB IIRC in college one year. had he played longer we would have know that he would make a great play and then turn around and give it back up. Dumber than dirt and immature. Great athlete head case twit.

About the only good move Mikey ever made was getting something in trade for foster an almost epic bust.

Let me add before someone mentions it the champ for poorti$$ Trade was great. But then dan synder is a nut case and seems only fitting the two of them are partners again.

Juriga72
08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Delusional ^

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Wait, Sanchez, who we were no where near in a position to draft, was the perfect quarterback for that system?

Sanchez struggles making solid reads, what in the world makes anyone think he could pick up McDaniels system quickly?

Yeah let's not let facts get in the way of lust.

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 09:37 AM

You really though we would be able to resign jay and ts and still have announce of cap room. Then we have second day head case bm. And kuper not to mention clady.
We are having problems signing second and third tier level defenders as it is.
Let's not let lust get in the way of logic.
And btw just what has ts done out of the mikey scheme of things. We all know that bm is a bitch slap or so away from up to a full year off.
I do think he made a mistake on Hillis and have always said so. As he was one of my adoptees the instant he was picked

TXBRONC
08-04-2011, 09:40 AM

We see it all the time with McDaniels.

Lancane
08-04-2011, 09:59 AM

Eh? Sanchez is the ideal quarterback for the spread offense, the spread is a quarterback friendly system that eliminates a quarterback's mistakes. Reads might not be his strongest suit, but I'd trade Orton for him in a heartbeat and so should have McDaniels...

And what is it about Denver? We have Cutler, the fans turn on him saying he wasn't much of a quarterback anyways (because I believe, deep down in their psyche they knew it was bull), he leaves and he leads the Bears to the Post-season. I say Sanchez was the ideal fit for the former head coach's system and people start yammering, but in two seasons he's led the Jets to Post-season twice....must be in the water, when we start believing mediocrity is better then those who are proven better then something is really wrong with the state of things.

:confused:

Tned-Mobile
08-04-2011, 10:06 AM
"Gold signed a HUGE deal with tampa, thank god we didnt pay him."

Actually we did take him back the next year when he whined his way out if tpa and signed him to a big contract and IMO ruined DJs potential by forcing him to the sam LB posistiin after a stellar rookie season at wil.

Yeah that was a brilliant move. Especially resigning DJ to a Humugous contract when he was less than stellar at sam. So they tried him at mike which he did not have the mentality for either in nasty or smart enough to call the front seven sets.

As for delta the head case that only played CB IIRC in college one year. had he played longer we would have know that he would make a great play and then turn around and give it back up. Dumber than dirt and immature. Great athlete head case twit.

About the only good move Mikey ever made was getting something in trade for foster an almost epic bust.

Let me add before someone mentions it the champ for poorti$$ Trade was great. But then dan synder is a nut case and seems only fitting the two of them are partners again.

Pot/kettle on steroids!

You defend McDaniels as the savior of the Broncos and spew your hate and demonizing of mikey far more than anyone does the reverse.

Face out, you've never sr. a thread you didn't see as an opportunity to bash Mikey.

Your degree of hate is truly minds boggling to the rest of us.

Lonestar
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
"And what is it about Denver? We have Cutler, the fans turn on him saying he wasn't much of a quarterback anyways (because I believe, deep down in their psyche they knew it was bull), he leaves and he leads the Bears to the Post-season."

Led his team to the playoffs what male bovine excrement .

He was along for the ride the defense and ST led them to the playoffs he was Qb of record just like Orton was the first six wins in den.
"
Your degree of hate is truly minds boggling to the rest of us."

Repeat it enough and some will believe it.

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 11:22 AM
"
Repeat it enough and some will believe it.

Ahhhh.. now it comes to light. You think that if you repeat your hate enough, you'll have followers. You are the Pied Piper of the Shanahan hate.

Tned-Mobile
08-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Ahhhh.. now it comes to light. You think that if you repeat your hate enough, you'll have followers. You are the Pied Piper of the Shanahan hate.

The truly amazing thing its that he keeps accusing others of being haters. Wonder if he knows what the 'H' word means?

Ravage!!!
08-04-2011, 06:16 PM
The truly amazing thing its that he keeps accusing others of being haters. Wonder if he knows what the 'H' word means?

I don't think he does. I've asked if he's looked up the definition, typed out the definition, and tried to explain the definition to him. I think he's blind to the meaning.

That, or has chosen to keep it as a life's mantra.

MOtorboat
08-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Eh? Sanchez is the ideal quarterback for the spread offense, the spread is a quarterback friendly system that eliminates a quarterback's mistakes. Reads might not be his strongest suit, but I'd trade Orton for him in a heartbeat and so should have McDaniels...

Umm...huh? McDaniels entire offense is designed around making the right read...

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 06:26 PM

i thought it was pass 1st, think 2nd...run the ball every 20 plays just to say the RB suck and you need to pass more?

MOtorboat
08-04-2011, 06:29 PM

i thought it was pass 1st, think 2nd...run the ball every 20 plays just to say the RB suck and you need to pass more?

Solid analysis. I think a TV gig is in your future.

NightTerror218
08-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Solid analysis. I think a TV gig is in your future.

I was thinking NFL analyst

bcbronc
08-04-2011, 06:48 PM
And what is it about Denver? We have Cutler, the fans turn on him saying he wasn't much of a quarterback anyways (because I believe, deep down in their psyche they knew it was bull), he leaves and he leads the Bears to the Post-season.

Ya, no other QB in the league could have "lead" the 32nd ranked offense over the second half of the season into the playoffs like Cutler did. To put another way, CHI could have played without a QB and they still would have ranked the same over the last half of the season. Sure he followed that up with a nice win against at home vs the worst playoff team of the modern era. But unlike that great QB Rex Grossman, Cutler couldn't ride CHI's defense to a berth in the Superbowl. Maybe if Cutler didn't overthrow a wide open Devin Hester in the red zone on 3rd down on te Bears first possesion, things might have gone different. Or, judging by the 2nd half of that came, if the Bears had started their 3rd string QB they probably would have stood a better chance.

You and top are definitely two sides of the same coin, but you guys need to realize Cutler and Orton are BOTH losers. Both crumble under pressure. Sure, both can win some regular season games with the Bears defense doing the heavy lifting, but that's about it. Losers, period, both of em.

Tangerine
08-05-2011, 11:56 AM

The most disappointing thing from the McDaniels era was the '09 draft, with the amount of early picks we had we could've drafted any player from that draft. Cleveland wanted out of the 5th pick, and we could have jumped to that pick before the Jets did.

We looked at BJ Raji, he could've been drafted at 5, all we would've given up were picks we ended up wasting anyway (Alphonso Smith). He would've been perfect for our defensive switch to the 3-4, somebody to rebuild our horrid defense around.

Sanchez has led his team twice to the AFCCG, he hasn't been pro bowler, but he has been improving, a 12 TD 17 INT year to a 17 TD 13 INT year shows he's getting better. Who knows what McDaniels could've done with him, he was a good QB coach no arguing that.

Don't forget, Freeman could've also been picked. If McDaniels would've drafted a QB that year, we wouldn't currently be going into our third year with a QB controversy. Ultimately we wasted those picks we got for Cutler, we had a chance to add some talent and add a player or two to build our team around, and we (McDaniels) failed.

Ravage!!!
08-05-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm soooo glad we didn't get Sanchez

Tangerine
08-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm soooo glad we didn't get Sanchez

I would've liked Freeman, he's already showing he's going to be good and is miles ahead of Sanchez. We can play the what if game all day, but we could've drafted Freeman instead of Moreno. We could've also used that pick we wasted on Smith with a couple others, and traded back into the first to grab Freeman.

With Freeman, we wouldn't be discussing Orton vs Tebow, Freeman would simply be our starting QB, and we would still have those extra picks we used to get Tebow. After trading Cutler, McDaniels needed to draft a QB in the first round that year, instead he didn't and now we're in QB limbo for who knows how long.

Ravage!!!
08-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I would've liked Freeman, he's already showing he's going to be good and is miles ahead of Sanchez. We can play the what if game all day, but we could've drafted Freeman instead of Moreno. We could've also used that pick we wasted on Smith with a couple others, and traded back into the first to grab Freeman.

With Freeman, we wouldn't be discussing Orton vs Tebow, Freeman would simply be our starting QB, and we would still have those extra picks we used to get Tebow. After trading Cutler, McDaniels needed to draft a QB in the first round that year, instead he didn't and now we're in QB limbo for who knows how long.

I can understand WHY we didn't draft a QB in the first round after trading Cutler.

That would have been really really stupid. I mean, trading Cutler was stupid. But trading away your QB and then turning around and drafting one is even dumber. If he (McD) thought we could "get by" with Cassel, then he felt we should have been able to "get by" with Orton.

The moreno pick should have been defense in my opinion..but thats because I don't believe in using a high-round pick on RBs.

Although I thought it was the worst thing McD could have done for this franchise to trade our QB, I would have been even more upset if he then turned around and used that first round pick on yet ANOTHER QB.

I said it then and still believe it. Trading away Cutler put the franchise back 10 years. Look how long it takes teams to replace stud QBs in this league once you have one.