PDA

View Full Version : 6 More Games Left

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Hello Broncos Fans,

Time flies! NFL have only 6 games left to go and playoffs are around the corner. I can't believe it.

Broncos need to win 4 more game to get in wild card. Possibly seed # 5 or 6.

1. Tennessee Titans 10-0 Conference: 7-0
2. Pittsburgh Steelers 7-3 Conference: 6-1
3. New York Jets 7-3 Conference: 5-3
4. Baltimore Ravens 6-4 Conference: 6-3
5. Indianapolis Colts 6-4 Conference 5-2
--------------------------------------------
Race for # 6 seed.

Miami Dolphins 6-4 Conference 5-3
New England Patriots 6-4 Conference 4-4
Denver Broncos 6-4 Conference 4-4

NameUsedBefore
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Or we can just win the division...

Rex
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Hello Broncos Fans,

Time flies! NFL have only 6 games left to go and playoffs are around the corner. I can't believe it.

Race for # 6 seed.

What if they win the division?

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2008, 02:47 PM
So, tonight... I am going to root for Cleveland Browns and we need Bills to lose and keep them away from the playoffs picture.

CoachChaz
11-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Hello Broncos Fans,

Race for # 6 seed.

Apparently the AFC West division winner doesnt qualify for the playoffs

underrated29
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
what are our remaining 6 games left?

oakland
kc
buf?
chi?
car?
SD

Is that right?

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Broncos can win the division if they beat all AFC West teams. Tough match against Chargers in San Diego.

dendave
11-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Hello Broncos Fans,

We just need to win one more than SD, take care of our business and we get one home playoff game. Right now we can be no lower than the #4 seed

dendave
11-17-2008, 02:58 PM
what are our remaining 6 games left?

oakland
kc
buf?
chi?
car?
SD

Is that right?

Oakland (H)
at NYJ
KC (H)
at Carolina
Buffalo (H)
at SD

JKcatch724
11-17-2008, 03:01 PM
So, tonight... I am going to root for Cleveland Browns and we need Bills to lose and keep them away from the playoffs picture.

I love reading your posts because if you pretend it's Borat speaking it out loud, its perfect.

LRtagger
11-17-2008, 04:00 PM
:confused:

Also, I believe we are 3-4 in the AFC, not 4-4 as we have wins against NO, TB, and Atl

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Oakland (H)
at NYJ
KC (H)
at Carolina
Buffalo (H)
at SD

Tough games are Jets, Panthers, Bills, and Chargers.

Denver Broncos can beat the Raiders and Chiefs at Denver. Possibly beat the Buffalo Bills at Denver, too.

NameUsedBefore
11-17-2008, 04:25 PM
:confused:

Also, I believe we are 3-4 in the AFC, not 4-4 as we have wins against NO, TB, and Atl

Do you mean NFC? We've won 4-straight against the other conference if I remember that random stat line correctly.

Italianmobstr7
11-17-2008, 04:34 PM
It's simple guys.

Our wins so far are over
Raiders
Chargers
Saints
Bucs
Browns
Falcons

The losses are to
Chiefs
Jaguars
Patriots
Dolphins

We're 3-4 against the AFC and 3-0 against the NFC.

We need to have a better record than the Chargers to win the division. If we do that we're guaranteed at least the #4 slot in the playoffs.

BroncoNut
11-17-2008, 04:51 PM
I think we beat Carolina and the Jets. The Bills and Chargers will be tough games, but I bet we win one of those. Just my prediction, if anyone really cares or wishes to discuss

NightTrainLayne
11-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I think we beat Carolina and the Jets. The Bills and Chargers will be tough games, but I bet we win one of those. Just my prediction, if anyone really cares or wishes to discuss

Damn. .. if we can win at Carolina, what makes you think the Bills at home will be a problem? A person could make the claim that Carolina's the 2nd-best team in the NFC

LRtagger
11-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Do you mean NFC? We've won 4-straight against the other conference if I remember that random stat line correctly.

No...the original post said we are 4-4 in conference. I was just saying we are 3-4 in conference (AFC) and 3-0 against the NFC South.

turftoad
11-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Damn. .. if we can win at Carolina, what makes you think the Bills at home will be a problem? A person could make the claim that Carolina's the 2nd-best team in the NFC

Thats my claim NTL.

The Panthers play really tough "D" and can either run or pass, whichever way they can move the ball.

Day1BroncoFan
11-17-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm hoping we can win at least all three remainin home games and at least one road game. I would like the road win to be sandy eggo.

NightTrainLayne
11-17-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm hoping we can win at least all three remainin home games and at least one road game. I would like the road win to be sandy eggo.

I think we absolutely HAVE to win our remaining three home games. If we drop one of those I think it's over.

Win the three at home, and one of the road games, and we'll be fine. But if we mess up and lose one of the home games, we'll be in real trouble.

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2008, 05:49 PM
I love reading your posts because if you pretend it's Borat speaking it out loud, its perfect.

Ha. Funny. I hope Browns will win. :D

turftoad
11-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I think we absolutely HAVE to win our remaining three home games. If we drop one of those I think it's over.

Win the three at home, and one of the road games, and we'll be fine. But if we mess up and lose one of the home games, we'll be in real trouble.

Agreed, that said though, SD has to play good ball also.

I think 9-7 wins the div and we should be able to pull off 3 more wins.

NightTrainLayne
11-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Agreed, that said though, SD has to play good ball also.

I think 9-7 wins the div and we should be able to pull off 3 more wins.

SD's remaining schedule

Indy-- winnable. Tough game but at home.
Atlanta-- Same as Indy.
Oakland-- Win
@ KC-- Win
@ TB-- Winnable, but on the road.
Denver-- ??

Who knows what Charger's team is going to show up for those games? I don't think any of them is a lock for the other team, i.e. they've got a shot to win every one of them.

If Indy knocks them off next week, then I'll breathe a little easier, but if they win against the Colts, they could reel off 4 in a row real easy, and have us tied before we know it if we were to lose the two road games we have in the same time-frame.

Day1BroncoFan
11-17-2008, 06:02 PM
I see sandy eggo losing either indy or tb and at least one of the road games.

They go 4-2 on the rest of the season.

underrated29
11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
SD's remaining schedule

Indy-- winnable. Tough game but at home.
Atlanta-- Same as Indy.
Oakland-- Win
@ KC-- Win
@ TB-- Winnable, but on the road.
Denver-- ??

Who knows what Charger's team is going to show up for those games? I don't think any of them is a lock for the other team, i.e. they've got a shot to win every one of them.

If Indy knocks them off next week, then I'll breathe a little easier, but if they win against the Colts, they could reel off 4 in a row real easy, and have us tied before we know it if we were to lose the two road games we have in the same time-frame.

WOW, this is going to come down to the wire. I feel that san diego will lose to the colts, but most likely win their next 4. I think we will beat oak, and Kc, but possibly lose to nyj and car and buf.

Without doing the math, it seems like the last game against SD will decide who plays and who goes home.

NightTrainLayne
11-17-2008, 06:07 PM
WOW, this is going to come down to the wire. I feel that san diego will lose to the colts, but most likely win their next 4. I think we will beat oak, and Kc, but possibly lose to nyj and car and buf.

Without doing the math, it seems like the last game against SD will decide who plays and who goes home.

We need Indianapolis to take care of business next Sunday evening, combined with us beating Oakland.

turftoad
11-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I see sandy eggo losing either indy or tb and at least one of the road games.

They go 4-2 on the rest of the season.

That'd put them at 8-8.

We'd have to finish 2-4 for the rest of the season to be 8-8. Then it would come down to the tie breaker.

I do think we;ll go 3-3 the rest of the way. We'd have to really screw up for that not to happen.

If we go 3-3 the Dolts would have to go 5-1 and still rely on the tie breaker.

Day1BroncoFan
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
I think we can do 3-3 and I don't see them doing better than 4-2 unless they step it up.

I don't want it to come down to the Dec. 28 game, I don't think my heart can take it.

turftoad
11-17-2008, 06:16 PM
I think we can do 3-3 and I don't see them doing better than 4-2 unless they step it up.

I don't want it to come down to the Dec. 28 game, I don't think my heart can take it.

Easier said than done but, the three most important games are our 3 dividion games we have left to play.

We HAVE GOT to win those 3. Tie breaker wins, if you will.

Day1BroncoFan
11-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Easier said than done but, the three most important games are our 3 dividion games we have left to play.

If we can keep the two game lead it won't matter. Like you said, easier said than done. I'd like to see them lose 2 of the next three. We'd be sittin' pretty as long as we can win at least 2 of the next three. That would put them at 5-8 and us at 8-5. They would have a hard time catching us then. All we would have to do is win one of the last three and we're home free.

It's all wait and see anyway. I have my fingers crossed.

underrated29
11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
gawd, i cant get over how pathetic it is that we are all worried about making the playoffs with a potential 9-7 record.

Would we be the first nfl team to win the division with a 9-7 and make the playoffs?

MasterShake
11-17-2008, 06:38 PM

Exactly. We are in the driver seat whereas San Diego needs us to lose in order to advance. Thats never a good position to be in. We can't get too comfy though. Even though we are in the driver seat, SD is in the passenger seat distracting us by playing with the stereo and kicking the dashboard like a little baby. We need to backhand them in the face to make sure we stay focused. I think SD loses next week to Indy and then to Atlanta.

turftoad
11-17-2008, 07:06 PM
gawd, i cant get over how pathetic it is that we are all worried about making the playoffs with a potential 9-7 record.

Would we be the first nfl team to win the division with a 9-7 and make the playoffs?

No we wouldn't. Since 2000

The Jets won the AFCE in 2002 with a 9-7 record.

The Seahawks won the NFCW in 2004 and 2006 with a 9-7 record. 2006 the Seahawks lost in the SB.

The TB Bucs won the NFCS in 2007 with a 9-7 record.

BroncoNut
11-17-2008, 08:13 PM

mark my words

omac
11-17-2008, 08:13 PM

Good thing for us is that currently, the Bills and the Chargers have been spiraling. Neither have their rushing offense clicking. Hopefully, it stays that way when we face them.

The bad news is that Carolina's been consistent throughout most of the season, and the Jets are playing their best football right now.

SD faces Indy, Atlanta, and Tampa. If Addai and Peyton can keep up their good play, they should decimate the Chargers. The Burner will look forward to facing his old team, and Tampa is solid on both sides of the ball.

Far from a lock, but we have a good chance.

Italianmobstr7
11-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Exactly. We are in the driver seat whereas San Diego needs us to lose in order to advance. Thats never a good position to be in. We can't get too comfy though. Even though we are in the driver seat, SD is in the passenger seat distracting us by playing with the stereo and kicking the dashboard like a little baby. We need to backhand them in the face to make sure we stay focused. I think SD loses next week to Indy and then to Atlanta.

Best analogy ever. Made me laugh out loud.

Italianmobstr7
11-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Good thing for us is that currently, the Bills and the Chargers have been spiraling. Neither have their rushing offense clicking. Hopefully, it stays that way when we face them.

The bad news is that Carolina's been consistent throughout most of the season, and the Jets are playing their best football right now.

SD faces Indy, Atlanta, and Tampa. If Addai and Peyton can keep up their good play, they should decimate the Chargers. The Burner will look forward to facing his old team, and Tampa is solid on both sides of the ball.

Far from a lock, but we have a good chance.

So has Carolina. They haven't throw for more than 100 yards in their last 2 games and that was against Oakland and Detroit...

omac
11-18-2008, 08:57 AM
So has Carolina. They haven't throw for more than 100 yards in their last 2 games and that was against Oakland and Detroit...

You're right, their passing offense has stalled, but that's not what I'm concerned about. These 2 are ...

J. Stewart 15 130 8.7 28 1
D. Williams 14 120 8.6 56 2

In their recent game against Detroit, they both had 120+ yards rushing and each scored at least 1 TD.

They're splitting carries, yet they still each have the production of an every down back. That's scary. :eek:

LRtagger
11-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Well if we can stop the run as we did against Atlanta, then the Carolina game is easily winnable. Champ will shut down SS and we have a very good chance at winning.

The key will be stopping the run and not turning the ball over...just like we did this past Sunday. One thing we have going for us is we are 3-0 against the NFC South (arguably the best division in the NFL). For whatever reason we play them really well.

The last time we played AT Carolina I believe was preseason of 1997...the year of our first SB :elefant:

Italianmobstr7
11-18-2008, 02:33 PM
You're right, their passing offense has stalled, but that's not what I'm concerned about. These 2 are ...

J. Stewart 15 130 8.7 28 1
D. Williams 14 120 8.6 56 2

In their recent game against Detroit, they both had 120+ yards rushing and each scored at least 1 TD.

They're splitting carries, yet they still each have the production of an every down back. That's scary. :eek:

Absolutely true. They're monsters on the ground. I never said I wasn't worried about that game. Just pointing out that they've been struggling lately with teams that aren't that good.