PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Sharpe

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Tomorrow night. at 6:00 Denver time on NFL Network, will be an hour long special on Shannon.

Dean
08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Just bumping it up so we don't forget to watch.

Bronco Bible
08-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Tomorrow night. at 6:00 Denver time on NFL Network, will be an hour long special on Shannon.

I have my dvr set for it:beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Denver Broncos legend Shannon Sharpe is set to be enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this weekend.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- When Denver Broncos legend Shannon Sharpe watches the NFL Network, he still can't believe what he's seeing.

Even if he's seen the same words thousands of times scroll along the bottom on the screen, he looks closely every time his name is about to appear under the Hall of Fame heading to assure himself he's not dreaming.

"Still, when I watch the NFL Network and I see them scroll across the bottom of the screen, the 2011 Hall of Fame inductees, I still wait and see if my name is still going to come up at the end and then I can turn the channel and watch something else," Sharpe said during a conference call Tuesday. "Because it still is so surreal to me."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Crowning-Achievement/07dd2a6c-1f2a-45fa-b7fd-19a62c03f5c5 - rest of article

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2011, 07:22 PM

This is a GREAT special, from Shannon & Sterling growing up with their Grandmother, to HS, and now, they are where Sterling was drafted in the 1st round by GB, and Shannon is still in HS.

Nomad
08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Genuine story and individual! I wish they had more workhorses like him in the NFL!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Genuine story and individual! I wish they had more workhorses like him in the NFL!

Shannon had me crying

Northman
08-02-2011, 08:02 PM
We just caught the end but im recording the followup later tonight. Just with that ending clip though Missy was balling. lol

Sharpe is just awesome, player and human being.

Nomad
08-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Shannon had me crying

Such a tight nit family....that's good to see! I didn't cry but it was touching how much respect and admiration he had for Sterling and his Granny.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
They are doing another Bronco special now - before the 2nd SB win.

Nomad
08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
We just caught the end but im recording the followup later tonight. Just with that ending clip though Missy was balling. lol

She didn't turn into a bowl of lucky charms....did she!:D

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2011, 08:12 PM

Just tell Missy to have a full box of kleenex ready when she watches the whole thing.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2011, 09:37 PM
They will be showing this again tonight at 10:00 Denver time - definitely worth watching:

''Hall of Fame Documentary'' - Sharpe Focus: Journey to Canton - A look into the life and career of NFL great Shannon Sharpe on the eve of his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Shannon and his brother Sterling (former All-Pro) return to the their small hometown of Glennville, GA where they remember the loving family and the crushing poverty that drove them to success.

Then, right after, will be:

'America's Game" - 1998 Denver Broncos - Re-live the story of the 1998 Broncos through the eyes of Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, and Mark Schlereth. The 1998 Broncos were voted as the 12th greatest Super Bowl-winning team of all-time by a panel of football experts. Narrated by Kevin Bacon.

Chidoze
08-03-2011, 01:44 AM
I loved it, brings back so many memories of his playing days. He's lead a really incredible life thus far, and his drive and leadership is just amazing and unquestioned.

Really inspiring, but sad that his grandma passed the night before they interviewed him for it though, that must have been so hard.

The special on the 98 Broncos was awesome after Sharpe Focus as well! Makes me miss TD even more watching that. :salute: