PDA

View Full Version : Nice article by @SI_JimTrotter on the 'Delicate QB Situation' in Denver

Tned
08-01-2011, 03:10 PM
This is a good read by Sport's Illustrated's Jim Trotter and I think a good analysis of the situation.

DENVER -- New coach John Fox hasn't even gotten through his first full week of practice with the Broncos and already he's facing a credibility moment in his locker room.

Not surprisingly, it revolves around the quarterback position, which is as drama-filled and laced with controversy as a Real Housewives episode. From the moment he arrived in town to replace the fired Josh McDaniels, Fox has said that there would be an open competition and the best player would start. On the eve of training camp, however, news surfaced that the Broncos were considering trading incumbent Kyle Orton to Miami, presumably to create an opening for 2010 first-round pick Tim Tebow.

Read full article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/broncos-quarterbacks/index.html#ixzz1ToH7yN61

Northman
08-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Im starting to really hate our QB situation. I really do not want to go another year with Orton as our starter.

Nomad
08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
The newest episode of "All My QBs" for the BRONCOS as our daily soap......12 yrs a still going!:lol:

BigDaddyBronco
08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Im starting to really hate our QB situation. I really do not want to go another year with Orton as our starter.

Tough titties. You better tell your boy Tebow that he needs to work harder.

SOCALORADO.
08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
The newest episode of "All My QBs" for the BRONCOS as our daily soap......12 yrs a still going!:lol:

Oh, the highjinks and shenanigans! Its all in good fun!

Northman
08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Tough titties. You better tell your boy Tebow that he needs to work harder.

He's not my boy. In fact, none of them are.

topscribe
08-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I believe Trotter pretty well nails it: What is important is what goes on in the locker room . . .

-----

BroncoStud
08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Josh McDaniels is responsible for ALL 3 of our quarterbacks being on this roster... That kid is such a douche.

Nomad
08-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Right on! I was hoping Tebow could come in here and find ways to win regardless of his talents as a QB! And the BRONCOS would have built a solid defense to help him out. I guess we'll see in a month or so......Monday Night Football vs the Raiders!

MasterShake
08-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Great article, and something that gets lost on lots of fans is the importance of the locker room dynamic. If they see Orton blasting by Tebow in practice, they will question the seriousness of the Broncos to want a successful season by making Tebow the starter.

But guess what? I'm not a coach or someone who needs to worry about locker room chemistry. I feel we have seen Orton at his best, and though we may win a few more games with Orton under center I'd still rather see what Tebow (or even *gasp* Brady Quinn) have to offer at this point. I chalked this up to a lost season before it even started. Bottom line is Kyle will be a FA next year and we will be in the EXACT same spot as we are right now if we keep him. He will be gone and valuable experience (both for the QBs and fans) will be a whole season off. If Tebow sucks, then we know we need to go in another direction. If he's good, then great we will have a fun season of football ahead of us. I'm not completely sold on Tebow, but thats only because I'm not sure what he is capable of.

And this comes from someone who likes Orton. Mostly I just want the QB drama to end one way or another. As Brandon Lloyd said "the quicker they get this 'Tebow Thing' done..."

Northman
08-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Right on! I was hoping Tebow could come in here and find ways to win regardless of his talents as a QB! And the BRONCOS would have built a solid defense to help him out. I guess we'll see in a month or so......Monday Night Football vs the Raiders!

Yep basically. All i want to see is the kid (or god forbid even pretty boy #2) get a chance to play for a year to see what they have. We arent going to the SB or playoffs this year as it is so why waste having Orton in there simply to half ass it and go .500 or worse again? Makes no sense. Im quickly losing faith already in this organization. Its a good thing i like football as a whole even when my teams sucks ass.

Northman
08-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Great article, and something that gets lost on lots of fans is the importance of the locker room dynamic. If they see Orton blasting by Tebow in practice, they will question the seriousness of the Broncos to want a successful season by making Tebow the starter.

But guess what? I'm not a coach or someone who needs to worry about locker room chemistry. I feel we have seen Orton at his best, and though we may win a few more games with Orton under center I'd still rather see what Tebow (or even *gasp* Brady Quinn) have to offer at this point. I chalked this up to a lost season before it even started. Bottom line is Kyle will be a FA next year and we will be in the EXACT same spot as we are right now if we keep him. He will be gone and valuable experience (both for the QBs and fans) will be a whole season off. If Tebow sucks, then we know we need to go in another direction. If he's good, then great we will have a fun season of football ahead of us. I'm not completely sold on Tebow, but thats only because I'm not sure what he is capable of.

And this comes from someone who likes Orton. Mostly I just want the QB drama to end one way or another. As Brandon Lloyd said "the quicker they get this 'Tebow Thing' done..."

You ******* nailed it.

G_Money
08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I believe Trotter pretty well nails it: What is important is what goes on in the locker room . . .

-----

What's important is what goes on on the field. The idea should be to win now and win more later.

If keeping Orton helps you with both goals, start him and extend him. If Tebow is your man, then decide based on what's best for getting the most out of him soonest. Maybe he DOES need to sit another year. It's not unheard of.

If it's Quinn...we're screwed.

If it's NONE of em...then make a plan to get a new QB in the next year.

But I don't give a crap if Brandon "I wasted my potential for years" Lloyd wants to get his yards and receptions. I don't care what most of the vets in the locker room say, because most of the vets in the locker room contributed mightily to the piss-poor year we had last year.

Parcells used to run most of the incumbents out of his camp and off his team whenever he took over. Some of them might be good players, too, they just weren't His Kind Of Players.

If Orton is our kind of player - and our kind of player is gonna start being a winner and not a loser - play him. If he's not, don't. And tell the locker room to suck it up either way and go win a damn ball game, because that's their job.

Leave the soap opera drama for Twi-hards.

~G

BroncoStud
08-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Orton should have been dealt or cut before camp opened. He should have been vacated from the premises. Now we have a cluster-F%#% at the most important position in football.

Either deal him before you open camp or keep him. Oh wait, if you keep him he walks next season anyway... :rolleyes:

Orton is getting his cake and eating it too, at our expense.

MasterShake
08-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Yep basically. All i want to see is the kid (or god forbid even pretty boy #2) get a chance to play for a year to see what they have. We arent going to the SB or playoffs this year as it is so why waste having Orton in there simply to half ass it and go .500 or worse again? Makes no sense. Im quickly losing faith already in this organization. Its a good thing i like football as a whole even when my teams sucks ass.

Exactly. I like the "idea" of Tebow, but I'd even be ok with Quinn starting if he was playing well. Its not that I'm anti Orton, pro Tebow, its that the best games I watched last year were the last 3 because we had a mobile QB. The long TD run in the Raiders game, the come from behind in the Houston game, the hail mary ending to the Chargers game... all a lot more fun than the previous 13 games (except for whooping KC and the close Tenn. game.)

If we are going to fail this year, I'd rather fail spectacularly. :lol:

Slick
08-01-2011, 03:35 PM
One thing is certain, though. If the team deals Orton without Tebow or Quinn closing the performance gap, it will raise a lot of eyebrows among a very important group of people: Broncos players.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/broncos-quarterbacks/index.html#ixzz1ToMtHcJn

The performance gap in practice maybe...these are the same players that played lifeless, emotionless football while 8 was under center. When Tim played those last 3 weeks, everyone seemed to play with more pep in their step.

This comment by Trotter confuses me.

BigDaddyBronco
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I hope all of them are. It's ok to not want any of them and root hard for all of them.

Tned
08-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Orton should have been dealt or cut before camp opened. He should have been vacated from the premises. Now we have a cluster-F%#% at the most important position in football.

Either deal him before you open camp or keep him. Oh wait, if you keep him he walks next season anyway... :rolleyes:

Orton is getting his cake and eating it too, at our expense.

Cutting him would have cost the Broncos $4.4 million in cap and cash.

Northman
08-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Exactly. I like the "idea" of Tebow, but I'd even be ok with Quinn starting if he was playing well. Its not that I'm anti Orton, pro Tebow, its that the best games I watched last year were the last 3 because we had a mobile QB. The long TD run in the Raiders game, the come from behind in the Houston game, the hail mary ending to the Chargers game... all a lot more fun than the previous 13 games (except for whooping KC and the close Tenn. game.)

If we are going to fail this year, I'd rather fail spectacularly. :lol:

Damn right dude. Even when we were struggling under Cutler it was far more exciting than this horse shit. (no pun intended)

MasterShake
08-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Damn right dude. Even when we were struggling under Cutler it was far more exciting than this horse shit. (no pun intended)

4-12 is so much better when you go down fighting and screaming instead of tripping over your own feet into a heap when the oline breaks down! :D

rationalfan
08-01-2011, 03:48 PM
think about this situation as if you were the coach/new front office; you need to win games, now. not next year. not three years from today. now. if not, you'll be the next ex-coach/gm/president of operations.

bowlen fired his favorite coach ever, the guy who won the franchise two super bowls, after two 8-8 seasons. what do you think he'd do if fox went 5-11 and 6-10 in the next two years while they try to determine if tebow is their guy?

it's become a cliche, but you play/coach to win the games. and while fanboys rationalize why tebow should start or while haters treat orton like he's jeff lewis, the reality is fox is going to play the guy who can get them in position to win games.

if that's orton, cool. it's that's tebow, cool. if that's quinn, cool.

the one thing fox and i have in common is that we both want the broncos to win games. i don't want the team to lose while it audits a young QB. i want to watch games that end with a broncos victory.

and that is all that matters.

Northman
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I hope all of them are. It's ok to not want any of them and root hard for all of them.

Ermmm, no. Your close but maybe your speaking for yourself in this case. I dont need to root for specific players. When Denver signed Dale Carter i wanted no part of him nor did i root for him. I rooted for the Broncos to win but not the player. I just want the team to win so if they can do that as a collective effort than great. And sure, there are some players i admire and like that i will root for but nothing in the handbook of Bronco fandom thats says i have to root for every single player. As Shake has stated ive seen what Orton has done and what his limitations are. Im ready for the true rebuild and ready to see what the younger guys can do regardless of the record at the end of the year.

SOCALORADO.
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM

Nailed it. And on a Monday no less!

Lancane
08-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Cutting him would have cost the Broncos $4.4 million in cap and cash.

I don't think the majority gives a damn Tned, quite frankly Quinn could start and completely suck and he would be booed but the fans would accept it. Orton on the other hand could start and the first mistake he makes there will be fans lining up to create an ol' fashion lynch mob to hang his ass.

:lol:

Meaning I don't believe the majority cares if the team takes a cap hit, after all they did say they would pay whatever to fix this or at least Xanders did.

Northman
08-01-2011, 03:53 PM
think about this situation as if you were the coach/new front office; you need to win games, now. not next year. not three years from today. now. if not, you'll be the next ex-coach/gm/president of operations.

bowlen fired his favorite coach ever, the guy who won the franchise two super bowls, after two 8-8 seasons. what do you think he'd do if fox went 5-11 and 6-10 in the next two years while they try to determine if tebow is their guy?

it's become a cliche, but you play/coach to win the games. and while fanboys rationalize why tebow should start or while haters treat orton like he's jeff lewis, the reality is fox is going to play the guy who can get them in position to win games.

if that's orton, cool. it's that's tebow, cool. if that's quinn, cool.

the one thing fox and i have in common is that we both want the broncos to win games. i don't want the team to lose while it audits a young QB. i want to watch games that end with a broncos victory.

and that is all that matters.

Every Bronco fan wants to win, they wanted to win last year on our way to 4-12. At some point you have to go away from what DOESNT work and try something new.

Tned
08-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't think the majority gives a damn Tned, quite frankly Quinn could start and completely suck and he would be booed but the fans would accept it. Orton on the other hand could start and the first mistake he makes there will be fans lining up to create an ol' fashion lynch mob to hang his ass.

:lol:

Meaning I don't believe the majority cares if the team takes a cap hit, after all they did say they would pay whatever to fix this or at least Xanders did.

The way it's been since Elway.

rationalfan
08-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Every Bronco fan wants to win, they wanted to win last year on our way to 4-12. At some point you have to go away from what DOESNT work and try something new.

not true and, perhaps, ignorantly idealistic.

last year, people were hoping the team would lose so mcd was canned.

this year i've heard/read people hope they lose so the broncos could get andrew luck.

those statements make me cringe.

and, my opinion here, i think some fans/wannabe GMs would sacrifice wins in order to brag about being "right."

but maybe i'm wrong. reading this board does warp the brain and ruin your faith in humanity.

MasterShake
08-01-2011, 04:14 PM
The way it's been since Elway.

I was trying to think if there was any similarity between the Orton/Tebow drama as there was with the whole Plummer/Cutler drama. I remember being at the games in 2006/07 when people were chanting "CUT-LER" in the stands. I think there is some comparisons to be made for sure.

BigDaddyBronco
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Ermmm, no. Your close but maybe your speaking for yourself in this case. I dont need to root for specific players. When Denver signed Dale Carter i wanted no part of him nor did i root for him. I rooted for the Broncos to win but not the player. I just want the team to win so if they can do that as a collective effort than great. And sure, there are some players i admire and like that i will root for but nothing in the handbook of Bronco fandom thats says i have to root for every single player. As Shake has stated ive seen what Orton has done and what his limitations are. Im ready for the true rebuild and ready to see what the younger guys can do regardless of the record at the end of the year.

So if Orton plays well this year and leads us to 12 wins, you'll still be hating on him?

Um, ok.

Tned
08-01-2011, 04:19 PM

this year i've heard/read people hope they lose so the broncos could get andrew luck.

and, my opinion here, i think some fans/wannabe GMs would sacrifice wins in order to brag about being "right."

but maybe i'm wrong. reading this board does warp the brain and ruin your faith in humanity.

A TINY, TINY minority of fans hoped for losses so that McDaniels would be fired. Even most of his most ardent detractors hoped that he would prove them wrong by putting a winning team on the field.

Same with Luck. What some people have said is that the Broncos should start Tebow so we can find out if he's the Broncos long term QB answer, and if it turns out he's bombed and the season is like last year, then at least the Broncos will be in the midst of the Luck sweepstakes. That is FAR different than hoping the team loses so they can get Luck.

Northman
08-01-2011, 04:20 PM

While i agree there are fans who do exactly what you say that is a small number really. We see it all the time where people on here think that the small minority speaks for the entire fanbase which isnt the case. While there are plenty of people who disliked McD most of them just wanted the Broncos to improve and win. Its easy to eat pride when your team is doing that. When there is constant issues with egos, scandals, and lack of winning its hard to stand by the HC at that point. For all the moaning and groaning going on right now if Fox and company can win ballgames many will be quite happy. There's really only two individuals on this board who really want to be "right" but i think most of the members here take what they say with a grain of salt.

robert ethan
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Everyone missing the point, especially that houseplant Trotter. ALL THREE ARE GOOD QUARTERBACKS. Orton, Quinn, and Tebow. Jim brought up Kyle's creds, but neglected to mention that Tebow had the best offensive fantasy production of any player in the NFL in the three games he started. Or that Quinn has as good a career NFL record as Kevin Kolb, is younger, bigger, and played for poorer teams so far.

Northman
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
So if Orton plays well this year and leads us to 12 wins, you'll still be hating on him?

Um, ok.

Dilfer made a SB with the Ravens, it doesnt mean he is a great QB. If Orton gets us to 12 wins than im a happy BRONCO fan. I dont have to be a fan of Orton's, i think he is an average QB and it would take a lot to have success with him at the helm. You dont like it, too bad. ;)

Juriga72
08-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Um, ok.

Ha... IF... IF... Lets see what Orton HAS done

2 wins
8 wins
8 wins
3 wins

Thats his last 4 YEARS as a starting NFL QB.... Sjow me ONE year where he shows leadership to take a team to 12 wins

Face it... a guy who folds like laundry on third downs will never be a winner

rationalfan
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
A TINY, TINY minority of fans hoped for losses so that McDaniels would be fired. Even most of his most ardent detractors hoped that he would prove them wrong by putting a winning team on the field.

Same with Luck. What some people have said is that the Broncos should start Tebow so we can find out if he's the Broncos long term QB answer, and if it turns out he's bombed and the season is like last year, then at least the Broncos will be in the midst of the Luck sweepstakes. That is FAR different than hoping the team loses so they can get Luck.

i think the truth is somewhere between our recollections. i'm giving some of this board's population too little credit, you're giving them too much.

BroncoStud
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I was trying to think if there was any similarity between the Orton/Tebow drama as there was with the whole Plummer/Cutler drama. I remember being at the games in 2006/07 when people were chanting "CUT-LER" in the stands. I think there is some comparisons to be made for sure.

Agreed except for the fact that Plummer won more than 70% of his games and Orton... Notsomuch.

BroncoStud
08-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Everyone missing the point, especially that houseplant Trotter. ALL THREE ARE GOOD QUARTERBACKS. Orton, Quinn, and Tebow. Jim brought up Kyle's creds, but neglected to mention that Tebow had the best offensive fantasy production of any player in the NFL in the three games he started. Or that Quinn has as good a career NFL record as Kevin Kolb, is younger, bigger, and played for poorer teams so far.

This is a good post.

Tned
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
i think the truth is somewhere between our recollections. i'm giving some of this board's population too little credit, you're giving them too much.

No offense, but you are just flat out wrong.

rationalfan
08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
No offense, but you are just flat out wrong.

it's a matter of perspective. but i appreciate the courtesy.

Slick
08-01-2011, 04:45 PM
The malcontents are the noisiest rational. They bombard the board with sheer volume of the same posts over and over. It doesn't make them a majority.

Tned
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
The malcontents are the noisiest rational. They bombard the board with sheer volume of the same posts over and over. It doesn't make them a majority.

That was my point, and even most of the malcontents didn't want the Broncos to lose. It's a tiny minority that are that far over the cliff.

topscribe
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/08/01/broncos-quarterbacks/index.html#ixzz1ToMtHcJn

The performance gap in practice maybe...these are the same players that played lifeless, emotionless football while 8 was under center. When Tim played those last 3 weeks, everyone seemed to play with more pep in their step.

This comment by Trotter confuses me.

It shouldn't. As Romanowski said in a recent interview, the players don't give
a damn what the last name of the QB is. They want the one in there who is
most capable of helping them to win the next game . . .

-----

BroncoStud
08-01-2011, 05:44 PM
It shouldn't. As Romanowski said in a recent interview, the players don't give
a damn what the last name of the QB is. They want the one in there who is
most capable of helping them to win the next game . . .

-----

So the players want #15 to start?

topscribe
08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
So the players want #15 to start?

Ask the players . . . :whoknows:

-----

BroncoStud
08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Ask the players . . . :whoknows:

-----

:beer:

broncobryce
08-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Havent read any comments, but unless the "locker room" forget what Orton was after seeing him the last two seasons they are retarded. It should be no surprise he kicks ass in ......practice. Ask Allen Iverson about practice.

topscribe
08-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Havent read any comments, but unless the "locker room" forget what Orton was after seeing him the last two seasons they are retarded. It should be no surprise he kicks ass in ......practice. Ask Allen Iverson about practice.

So then, am I to assume you and Allen Iverson are playing for the Denver Broncos?

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
What's important is what goes on on the field. The idea should be to win now and win more later.

If keeping Orton helps you with both goals, start him and extend him. If Tebow is your man, then decide based on what's best for getting the most out of him soonest. Maybe he DOES need to sit another year. It's not unheard of.

If it's Quinn...we're screwed.

If it's NONE of em...then make a plan to get a new QB in the next year.

But I don't give a crap if Brandon "I wasted my potential for years" Lloyd wants to get his yards and receptions. I don't care what most of the vets in the locker room say, because most of the vets in the locker room contributed mightily to the piss-poor year we had last year.

Parcells used to run most of the incumbents out of his camp and off his team whenever he took over. Some of them might be good players, too, they just weren't His Kind Of Players.

If Orton is our kind of player - and our kind of player is gonna start being a winner and not a loser - play him. If he's not, don't. And tell the locker room to suck it up either way and go win a damn ball game, because that's their job.

Leave the soap opera drama for Twi-hards.

~G

QFT. Frankly, I don't give two shits who the players want. The fans pay the bills and if Orton plays well, he'll probably get the opportunity to start this year. If he becomes the human choke machine again, the boos will rain down mightily and none of the players will want to have anything to do with him.

It's great that guys (spoken: Lloyd) think Orton is our best chance to win, but the 3 wins and 9 losses he accounted for last year along with his 3rd down conversion % and performance in the 4th quarter of winnable games prove otherwise. The only constant for a losing team is change. Players, coaches, FO guys, all are subject to change when they don't do their jobs. Very few guys earned their paychecks on this team last year.

Most of all though, the last thing any NFL team needs is a QB controversy. Unless there is a clear cut #1 guy there will be controversy. Denver dug their own grave not only putting Tebow on the field late last year, but pimping his image as much as they can to drum up excitement and make $. He's extremely polarizing and you can't expect to plaster his image as the "new face of the franchise" all over your flyers, websites, tickets, players guides, etc, etc, etc, and then not give him the chance to play. Our backup QB sells more jerseys than any other player in the league. His face is on endorsements and everything Broncos, and yet he's taking 3rd string reps in camp.

Tebow is a loaded gun. If you play around with him too much it's going to backfire on you. Either pull the trigger and let him play or get him the hell away from my team. We all know Orton isn't the long-term answer here. The fans have spoken. They won't accept him as their QB of the future and will boo him at every opportunity when the bullets start flying. Nobody can really stop that. Not Bowlen, not the FO, not the coaches, and definitely not the players.

We must know whether Tebow is the future or isn't and we must know now. The upcoming draft could be the most important one in the past decade if we decide he's not the guy because our next franchise QB could possibly be in it.

BroncoStud
08-01-2011, 06:08 PM
So then, am I to assume you and Allen Iverson are playing for the Denver Broncos?

-----

Allen Iverson had talent. He was elite. Orton... Well... :elefant:

topscribe
08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Allen Iverson had talent. He was elite. Orton... Well... :elefant:

Which makes Iverson an expert on football and knowledgeable of Denver's locker room.

Gotcha . . .

-----

Juriga72
08-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Which makes Iverson an expert on football and knowledgeable of Denver's locker room.

Gotcha . . .

-----

Iverson never threw pick sixes in games...

BroncoStud
08-01-2011, 06:13 PM

Gotcha . . .

-----

No, which makes his example less acceptable.

topscribe
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
No, which makes his example less acceptable.

Yes, well, once again, I made a NEUTRAL, very logical comment, and once again it's being dragged out. :tsk:

In fact, it wasn't even my comment. I cited someone else . . .

-----

hamrob
08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
I think what's been lost in this story so far, is just how poorly our front office has handled this situation. It absolutely reeks!

You don't spend all offseason talking about trading Orton...then talking to teams about moving him. All along having fans and players alike believe you are moving on to Tebow...just to do a 360 in the 11th hour and then turn back around again and hand the job to Orton.

What a cluster F...!

Juriga72
08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
***deleted post***

Granted... we were "The Greatest 4-12 NFL team ever" tho....

so Josh had THAT going for him...

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
HP "QFT. Frankly, I don't give two shits who the players want. The fans pay the bills and if Orton plays well, he'll probably get the opportunity to start this year. If he becomes the human choke machine again, the boos will rain down mightily and none of the players will want to have anything to do with him."

Your posts are certainly passionate, ever think of writing short stories.

topscribe
08-01-2011, 06:29 PM
I think what's been lost in this story so far, is just how poorly our front office has handled this situation. It absolutely reeks!

You don't spend all offseason talking about trading Orton...then talking to teams about moving him. All along having fans and players alike believe you are moving on to Tebow...just to do a 360 in the 11th hour and then turn back around again and hand the job to Orton.

What a cluster F...!

I don't get it that they're handing the job to Orton. I have read from just about
everyone - with an objective mind, that is - that a tremendous gap still exists
between Orton and the other QBs, so he is practicing with the first team now . . .

-----

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 06:31 PM

What a cluster F...! the only thing I have seen all offseaosn is Orton starts and they will all compete for the starters job not one single story out of DV that said they were going to trade and then start Tebow.

They also said they had a plan to fill those weak spots so far they seem to be doing thAt. Not once did they say it would all be done day one or two.

And frankly how many top named FA signed elsewhere when they paid a visit to Mikey. Guessing about the same number as this year.