PDA

View Full Version : Umenyiora Given Permission to Seek Trade

LTC Pain
08-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I know the Broncos glaring need on the D-line is DTs. Just read at Rotoworld that the Giants have given disgruntled DE Umenyiora permission to seek a trade. Not sure who on our end would be the trade bait but he would be a big plus for our D-line.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

BigDaddyBronco
08-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Maybe we can trade Ayers for him...

BroncoJoe
08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Eli is overrated. Let's ship Orton to them.

Bugs Baloney
08-01-2011, 10:37 AM

love it...

threefolddead
08-01-2011, 11:03 AM
It was just tweeted by Lombardi they want a first rounder for him...

Bosco
08-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Unless Fox and Allen are planning on being the first team in NFL history to have a D-line composed entirely of defensive ends, probably a good idea to pass.

broncofaninfla
08-01-2011, 11:46 AM
He wants big $$$ so Denver is out of the running

HORSEPOWER 56
08-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Maybe we can trade Ayers for him...

If I could high five this 100X, I would!

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Eli is better than Orton. Thats not going to happen. The name is nice, but he's not what this team needs.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Eli is better than Orton. Thats not going to happen. The name is nice, but he's not what this team needs.

Just stop and think about a pass rush with Doom, Osi, and Von... Damn that shit would be Murdah!

Ain't happening but it would be sweet. We'd probably lead the league in sacks.

Stargazer
08-01-2011, 12:01 PM
It was just tweeted by Lombardi they want a first rounder for him...

Next.

Lancane
08-01-2011, 12:26 PM

That would make my day! :lol:

MOtorboat
08-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Seattle.

DenBronx
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
No way in hell Denver gets him because this whole offseason has been one big fat disapointment. Plus we just signed more fodder in Harvey and we already have too many DE's.

The only way would be to get in a 3 way trade with the Dolphins.

Miami sends 2nd to NY
Denver sends Ayers to NY
Denver sends Kyle Orton to Miami
NY sends Osi to Denver

We dump a little salary in Ayers, dump alot of salary in Orton and get a damned good player in Osi.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Plus we just signed more fodder in Harvey and we already have too many DE's.

Sure, we have a lot of guys "listed", but do we really have a lot of true DEs? Doom, Ayers, Harvey now and...

Veikune? Hunter? Beal? :rolleyes: Beal was a 7th round rookie who will be lucky to land on the practice squad and Veikune and Hunter just aren't very good and are probably better suited as 3-4 OLBs.

Haggan has moved back to LB, not that I think he'd be a good DE, anyway. He's a run and hit/chase and tackle guy, not someone you want trying to set the edge.

Really, Dumervil is still our only proven commodity and DE. With Miller playing LB in the 4-3, he can't always just be freed up to rush the passer, meaning in the base formation, we will need something from the other side of Doom. Hopefully, Harvey can provide that in a rotation with Elvis and Ayers (who really needs to start earning that first round money). Any less than 6 sacks for Ayers, especially if Elvis stays healthy, is failure.

Dzone
08-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Hunter is still around? I thought he got stabbed by his girlfriend..maybe thAt was someone else...
The good news is that Doom has looked awesome in practice!!!!!

Canmore
08-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Sure, we have a lot of guys "listed", but do we really have a lot of true DEs? Doom, Ayers, Harvey now and...

Veikune? Hunter? Beal? :rolleyes: Beal was a 7th round rookie who will be lucky to land on the practice squad and Veikune and Hunter just aren't very good and are probably better suited as 3-4 OLBs.

Haggan has moved back to LB, not that I think he'd be a good DE, anyway. He's a run and hit/chase and tackle guy, not someone you want trying to set the edge.

Really, Dumervil is still our only proven commodity and DE. With Miller playing LB in the 4-3, he can't always just be freed up to rush the passer, meaning in the base formation, we will need something from the other side of Doom. Hopefully, Harvey can provide that in a rotation with Elvis and Ayers (who really needs to start earning that first round money). Any less than 6 sacks for Ayers, especially if Elvis stays healthy, is failure.

I'm not expecting more than three sacks from Ayers. Just don't.

Softskull
08-01-2011, 01:58 PM

I thought Ayers looked much better last year than his rookie season. He played in a scheme last year that didn’t really fit him nor did he have any real playmakers around him in the front seven. Doom and Miller (and being healthy) should greatly improve his numbers this year.

Canmore
08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I thought Ayers looked much better last year than his rookie season. He played in a scheme last year that didn’t really fit him nor did he have any real playmakers around him in the front seven. Doom and Miller (and being healthy) should greatly improve his numbers this year.

I hope you are right. Out of position, he looked improved, but he was always that half second to slow. Doom and Miller should help him, as should the switch back to his natural position. Maybe he will find that half second and it will translate to success. This is his make or break year.

HammeredOut
08-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Bring in Asante Samual and Usi, and have one of the top defenses in the league. Barring we get Warren, and Bunkley.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-01-2011, 10:04 PM

Me neither. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his starting job in camp.

Clipworthy
08-01-2011, 10:29 PM
yeah, let's go pay Osi a bunch of money 5 years past his prime

WARHORSE
08-01-2011, 10:32 PM
yeah, let's go pay Osi a bunch of money 5 years past his prime

Injuryship.

HammeredOut
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Injuryship.

He only missed 8 games in 8 seasons. I wouldn't go overboard. Aside he has 51.5 sacks his last 5 seasons. He is worth the money. He isn't worth the First Round Pick NYG is asking for. Nobody in the league will give them that draft pick, plus the money.

The Broncos don't have a leg to stand on, in offering anything for Usi.

DenBronx
08-01-2011, 11:32 PM

I agree about Ayers and at least 6 sacks with a healthy Dume.

But at this point Harvey is more of a bust than Ayers. So, I'm not overly excited until he performs on game day for us.

sneakers
08-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Trade Orton for him!

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Report: Umenyiora to be traded by week's end Newsday's

Tom Rock reports DE Osi Umenyiora will be traded by the end of the week.
Newsday's articles are behind a pay wall, so the details are unclear. The Seahawks, Ravens, Broncos, Chargers, and Rams were named as suitors in a previous report, and we've also seen the Browns mentioned as a candidate. Umenyiora's agent has had contract with 21 teams. It's still hard to imagine any team meeting the Giants' first-round asking price.

Hmmm...I wonder what team is pulling the trigger.

Our defense would be pretty nasty with this guy and all the changes we have already made this offseason.

It was reported earlier today that were in the top 5 teams with the most cap room. He would be worth a 2nd I would think. Unless were in some kind of 3-way trade scenario that would ship Orton to Washington, the 2nd goes to NY and Osi comes to Denver.

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Report: Umenyiora to be traded by week's end Newsday's

Tom Rock reports DE Osi Umenyiora will be traded by the end of the week.
Newsday's articles are behind a pay wall, so the details are unclear. The Seahawks, Ravens, Broncos, Chargers, and Rams were named as suitors in a previous report, and we've also seen the Browns mentioned as a candidate. Umenyiora's agent has had contract with 21 teams. It's still hard to imagine any team meeting the Giants' first-round asking price.

Hmmm...I wonder what team is pulling the trigger.

Our defense would be pretty nasty with this guy and all the changes we have already made this offseason.

It was reported earlier today that were in the top 5 teams with the most cap room. He would be worth a 2nd I would think. Unless were in some kind of 3-way trade scenario that would ship Orton to Washington, the 2nd goes to NY and Osi comes to Denver.

That trade sounds great. If Ayers doesnt work out, Bronco fans are going to wish we snagged Osi. Pass rushers are at a premium in the NFL and if they could trade Orton or a 2nd for him, Id be excited.

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:07 PM
That trade sounds great. If Ayers doesnt work out, Bronco fans are going to wish we snagged Osi. Pass rushers are at a premium in the NFL and if they could trade Orton or a 2nd for him, Id be excited.

Let Ayers and Harvey battle it out in camp. The loser gets his walking papers. Or ship Ayers to Philly for Asante Samuel since Cox cant keep his cox to himself.

Meanwhile Osi and Dume would be scary.....real scary.

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Let Ayers and Harvey battle it out in camp. The loser gets his walking papers. Or ship Ayers to Philly for Asante Samuel since Cox cant keep his cox to himself.

Meanwhile Osi and Dume would be scary.....real scary.

Doom and Osi would be top 5 pass rushing combos in the NFL. Add Miller to that.......DAMN!

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Doom and Osi would be top 5 pass rushing combos in the NFL. Add Miller to that.......DAMN!

Yeah and if our new DT's can be servicable against the run then that would instantly make our defense respectable.

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Ayers seems to be following the same path as Jarvis Moss...if we replace him with Umenyura, wow, what a defense we could have

UnderArmour
08-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Price apparently dropped to a 2nd round pick:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/08/the_new_york_giants_have.html

The New York Giants have dropped their demand for a first round pick in a trade for defensive end Osi Umenyiora, and he could be obtained for a second, according to a league source.

Five teams are interested in trading for Umenyiora, including the Ravens, but all have refused to offer a top pick. According to the source, the Ravens are one of those teams and another is the New England Patriots. According to the source, several of the Ravens top officials have urged general manager Ozzie Newsome to make the deal, but Newsome is concerned about previous injuries to Umenyiora, and he also has to free up some salary cap room.

I actually hope our front office pulls the trigger. With Osi, forget about contending next year, we could be a force THIS year.

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah and if our new DT's can be servicable against the run then that would instantly make our defense respectable.

I really dont think the Broncos are far from being a really good defense if the dline could just play average, as well as the safeties. The defense has multiple playmakes already at every level of the defense (if Miller is the real deal).

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:32 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/08/the_new_york_giants_have.html

I actually hope our front office pulls the trigger. With Osi, forget about contending next year, we could be a force THIS year.

I would think our 2nd rounder would be more appealing to NY. The Ravens and a couple of others on that list were playoff teams. Meanwhile we just picked 2nd in the draft this year.

That doesnt mean we would be picking 2nd again but in the mind of the GM for NY I could see why they would prefer Denvers 2nd over anyone on the list.

And lets face it...Denver CAN afford Osi....and we could damn well use a playmaker like him. Dume could be a little rusty after a year long injury, so this would be a nice insurance.

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Yes! I want to win NOW! Screw this rebuilding crap.

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
how many productive years does Osi have left? How did he do last year? Is he better than Justin Tuck?

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:42 PM
how many productive years does Osi have left? How did he do last year? Is he better than Justin Tuck?

Actually he's only a year older than Tuck at 28. His and Tucks numbers are very simular. Both guys put up 11 sacks last season.

Osi is a little more vocal about things and pouted about his last contract shortly after getting it. That's really the only negitive on the guy because he does show up on gameday.

IMHO, if Dume is 100% then we would see him with another 17+ sack season with a guy like Osi on the other side.

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 10:45 PM

I think Osi is a little better pure pass rusher than Tuck, but Tuck is a beast against the run. Osi is decent against the run but is sometimes a liability.

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:45 PM

Yes! I want to win NOW! Screw this rebuilding crap.

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Osi is gone to Baltimore for a 2nd rd pick..%$#@!!!

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Well, it was fun to dream there for a little wh8ile about having doom at one end and Umenyoira at the other...we can forget that. Osi is a Raven now.

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Osi is gone to Baltimore for a 2nd rd pick..%$#@!!!

Damn. Got a link?

UnderArmour
08-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Well, it was fun to dream there for a little wh8ile about having doom at one end and Umenyoira at the other...we can forget that. Osi is a Raven now.

Where did you see that? Far as I can see from all of the outlets usually on top of things, there is no deal as of yet.

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Where theres smoke theres fire.

Honestly I wouldnt blame him for wanting to go to a playoff team and Balt already has a nasty defense.

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Damn. Got a link?

Hope its wrong but at the bottom of his wiki page it said he signed on aug 2 to ravens

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osi_Umenyiora
hahaha, now it says he was Traded to New england...???hahaha
scroll to the bottom of the page
Maybe someone is playing with his wiki page, because his team keeps changing on there

Dzone
08-02-2011, 10:58 PM
from Wiki:

"On August 2, 2011, Osi Umenyiora was traded to the New England Patriots for a 2nd round draft pick."

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osi_Umenyiora
hahaha, now it says he was Traded to New england...???hahaha
scroll to the bottom of the page
Maybe someone is playing with his wiki page, because his team keeps changing on there

uhhh anyone can change wiki.

then thats totally false.

i see nothing on twitter. although if no team trades a 2nd for Osi then teams are severely over valueing their draft picks.

Dzone
08-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Where did you see that? Far as I can see from all of the outlets usually on top of things, there is no deal as of yet.
Ya, haha, I just saw it on his wiki page, but it must be false...look at the bottom of the page..must be a hoax..sorry everybody...

"On August 2, 2011, Osi Umenyiora was traded to the New England Patriots for a 2nd round draft pick."

TXBRONC
08-02-2011, 11:19 PM

They would just ship him right back. :shocked:

Stargazer
08-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Please no 2nd round pick and huge contract.

UrbanBounca
08-02-2011, 11:59 PM
I'd give up a second rounder for him. Osi is bad ass.

Stargazer
08-03-2011, 12:13 AM
I'd give up a second rounder for him. Osi is bad ass.

Plus you have to pay him $$$$

tomjonesrocks
08-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Good Lord.

The Broncos couldn't get Mebane. They couldn't get Branch.

But they're going to spend for Osi?

Lets fast forward. Osi signs with the Dallas Cowboys. Or the Jets. Or the Redskins. The end.

Stargazer
08-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Good Lord.

Lets fast forward. Osi signs with the Dallas Cowboys. Or the Jets. Or the Redskins. The end.

Pretty much my thoughts.

But, he's under contract and would be traded. Not sure they would deal with the skins/cowboys.

Foochacho
08-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Plus you have to pay him $$$$

Hey Pat, is money tight? think you could open up your wallet for someone with some talent? Thanks.

DenBronx
08-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Good Lord.

Depends.

If the Broncos staff values DE's more than DT's in their scheme or not. Maybe they think they can get some servicable DT's for cheaper but surround them with Talent like Dume, Bailey, Von Miller ect.

Clearly they didnt value DT's in the draft and went after playmakers with speed instead. Our DC values sacks, QB pressure and turnovers more than anything.

Although not getting Mebane or Jenkins is dissapointing, I cant argue with not breaking the bank and picking up a healthy Ty Warren and Bunkley for much much much cheaper.

Lets be honest, adding Osi would scare the shit out of the AFC West.

UrbanBounca
08-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Hey Pat, is money tight? think you could open up your wallet for someone with some talent? Thanks.

That's my point. Osi is crazy talented.

NorCalBronco7
08-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Depends.

If the Broncos staff values DE's more than DT's in their scheme or not. Maybe they think they can get some servicable DT's for cheaper but surround them with Talent like Dume, Bailey, Von Miller ect.

Clearly they didnt value DT's in the draft and went after playmakers with speed instead. Our DC values sacks, QB pressure and turnovers more than anything.

Although not getting Mebane or Jenkins is dissapointing, I cant argue with not breaking the bank and picking up a healthy Ty Warren and Bunkley for much much much cheaper.

Lets be honest, adding Osi would scare the shit out of the AFC West.

In Foxs zone scheme, he values DEs more than DTs. From what Ive learned about Fox, he perfers space eaters at DT to free up the small, quick LBs. Without space eaters in the middle, the Broncos little LBs will get engulfed. Space eating DTs are pretty easy to find in the NFL. Warren is a better pass rusher than run stuffer, so I expect to see him more on later downs. Bunkley and Vickerson will be there on 1st imo.

DEs that can flat out rush the passer (sound like Ayers....no!) are a premium to his scheme moreso than the average team because he doesnt blitz much and perfers to get pressure with the front four.

I cant help but think that Fox would love to have Osi, but considering his age and contract and the fact there is already tons of $ tied up in the position, it might not be logical.

What I know Fox will do that mcdumb**** cant fathom is fitting your scheme around your players strengths. So even if Fox cant do everything he wants scheme wise, he will put player in postion to succedd instead of fitting square pegs into tiny, itty bitty, round holes.

Lancane
08-03-2011, 01:09 AM
While I think Umenyiora is a talented defensive end, let's be realistic is the team going to give away our second round pick in the middle of rebuilding? I have a hard time believing they would. Now, I could see them trading Orton and using the acquired pick in a trade to get him or even a three-way trade.

I believe Denver right now will draft a quarterback with their first overall pick, that leaves the second to focus elsewhere, so I just can not see them giving it up when we need it, but using Orton to acquire Umenyiora makes a lot of sense IMHO.

DenBronx
08-03-2011, 02:10 AM
While I think Umenyiora is a talented defensive end, let's be realistic is the team going to give away our second round pick in the middle of rebuilding? I have a hard time believing they would. Now, I could see them trading Orton and using the acquired pick in a trade to get him or even a three-way trade.

I believe Denver right now will draft a quarterback with their first overall pick, that leaves the second to focus elsewhere, so I just can not see them giving it up when we need it, but using Orton to acquire Umenyiora makes a lot of sense IMHO.

That's why a 3-way trade makes most sense. But we need to unload Orton. He's tying this team up for various reasons.

Although, I'm not even comfortable at the rate we have been burning draft picks lately. Even if we didnt deal Orton, I'd like to at least see something in return for our draft choices.

Alphonso Smith??? Richard Quinn??? Robert Ayers??? Jarvis Moss???

And that's not even half of the dissapointments and the ones that dont dissapoint are fair at best. Beadles? I mean I could go on but we all know it already.

At least Osi would bring his game for 4 to 6 years here in Denver, Much like getting Lynch or Bailey. He is what he is....and he's got a special talent. Why risk blwong another 2nd rounder only to see it traded to Detriot?

So...pull the trigger on Osi now and worry about getting that 2nd back later. If we dont trade Orton then fine, we at least have competition.

Lancane
08-03-2011, 02:42 AM
That's why a 3-way trade makes most sense. But we need to unload Orton. He's tying this team up for various reasons.

Although, I'm not even comfortable at the rate we have been burning draft picks lately. Even if we didnt deal Orton, I'd like to at least see something in return for our draft choices.

Alphonso Smith??? Richard Quinn??? Robert Ayers??? Jarvis Moss???

And that's not even half of the dissapointments and the ones that dont dissapoint are fair at best. Beadles? I mean I could go on but we all know it already.

At least Osi would bring his game for 4 to 6 years here in Denver, Much like getting Lynch or Bailey. He is what he is....and he's got a special talent. Why risk blwong another 2nd rounder only to see it traded to Detriot?

So...pull the trigger on Osi now and worry about getting that 2nd back later. If we dont trade Orton then fine, we at least have competition.

A three-way trade makes absolute sense, and I concur with what you said, that Osi is a centerpiece-type talent, someone whom we can build around. Send Orton to Miami, Miami sends a second round pick to New York and Denver gets Umenyiora...it's rather clean and easy and will benefit all three teams.

Tned
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
I haven't been on much the last 24 hours and haven't read through this thread, so this was probably already posted:

RT @cecillammey: Some I've talked to believe #ravens are favorites to land Osi - however #rams and #broncos going to make strong runs at him

SOCALORADO.
08-03-2011, 08:45 AM
I haven't been on much the last 24 hours and haven't read through this thread, so this was probably already posted:

Actually now that SEA has aquired TE Zach Miller they are the hands down favorites to aquire Osi.
NYGs need a TE, and TE John Carlson is high on their list.
Proposed trade would be Carlson and a pick for Osi.

HammeredOut
08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
The Broncos will not give up more then a 3rd rounder for Usi. They can't afford it. A second rounder or a first rounder is out of the question. The team can't afford that pick and the cash that goes with it.

If the Broncos do get this deal, I can see it happening for nothing less then a roster player, and a 3rd round draft pick. Im not sure who will be on the way out. NYG needs a LB, maybe we can shuffle something around there.

When I think of Usi, I think Superbowl, and him chasing Brady around, looking unblockable.

CoachChaz
08-03-2011, 12:01 PM
He's never been dominant in back to back years. He was good last year, so I wouldnt bet on him this year. Give me the 2005 version and I'll give up picks. Until then...I want to see what I have in Ayers while we are in the process of rebuilding and finding a new identity. Osi is a trade for a team with playoff chances right now.

DenBronx
08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Actually now that SEA has aquired TE Zach Miller they are the hands down favorites to aquire Osi.
NYGs need a TE, and TE John Carlson is high on their list.
Proposed trade would be Carlson and a pick for Osi.

Cecil Lammey thinks we would trade a 3rd and DJ.

I dont really want to see us trade DJ though.

DenBronx
08-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Giants tell Osi Umenyiora, agent they are no longer allowed to seek trade

full article here:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/08/giants_tell_osi_umenyiora_agen.html?mobRedir=false

Looks like the Giants are just going to keep him.

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 01:04 PM
I heard a rumor:

We trade Orton to Miami, Ayers to Giants and we get Osi
Miami trades a 2nd or 3rd to Giants and get Orton
Giants get Ayers and trade Osi to Denver

DenBronx
08-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I heard a rumor:

I never heard that rumor but sounds good to me. I doubt Ayers will be anything ever in this league. He seems to be Jarvis Moss II and that is one big crap sandwich. Dumping his and Ortons salary would be good for the team and it would also give us a true evaluation of Tebow. If Tebow stinks it up then we know what we have and can draft a QB in 2012.

Too bad it's too late, Giants are not going to trade him now.

Traveler
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I heard a rumor:

Huh?:confused:

We get Osi from the G-men twice? What compensation do we get from MIA?

Seriously, I get it. Just worded stangely.

Stargazer
08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Too bad it's too late, Giants are not going to trade him now.

Not surprised. No team is giving a 1st round pick & money for Osi. And really, the Giants could still use him.

Dzone
08-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Osi sent home. "could get real ugly"...
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2011/08/osi-wont-practice-giants-send-him-home

dogfish
08-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Osi sent home. "could get real ugly"...
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2011/08/osi-wont-practice-giants-send-him-home

perfect example of why it would be retarded to trade a 1st or 2nd for this malcontent. . . dude's been pulling this type of shit for years. . . plus he's going to be thirty in a few months, and at 260 pounds he's seriously light in the pants for the strong side. . . and he reportedly wants something like five years at over ten million per on average-- good luck getting anything close to what he's worth out of him beyond the first two-three years, but be ready for him to incessantly cry for more money and be a giant pain in the ass to the coaching staff and the entire organization. . .

not worth it for ten sacks a year-- not when we're already paying doom a monster deal and we just drafted von miller. . . pass rush shouldn't be the problem with this team. . .

DenBronx
08-04-2011, 02:37 AM
Report: Umenyiora 'fuming' over Giants' move

Osi Umeyiora was reportedly "fuming" Wednesday morning when he discovered the Giants had pulled his permission to seek a trade.
"He is sure they could've traded him," one source close to Umenyiora told the New York Daily News. "They had a lot more interest in him than they thought they would." In addition to the half-dozen teams already mentioned as potential trade partner, beat writer Ralph Vacchiano reports the Bears "jumped in late." Umenyiora isn't going to be practicing anytime soon even in the face of fines or a suspension "Then it becomes a matter for the union," said a source, "and that's when it could get really ugly." Source: New York Daily News

Osi really wants out of NY bad and he's wanted out for years. Things are going to get uglier and I don't know why the Giants front office are playing games by putting him on then taking him off. Take the 2nd rounder and just trade the guy. Someone will gladly pay him 10 mill a year and get their moneys worth. Putting pressure on a QB is a premium in the NFL. Remember, no draft choice is ever guaranteed a success.

The Bears came in late as a potential trade partner. That would be scary with Peppers on the other side.

You say we signed Von Miller and cant afford a talented DE? First, Miller is a LB. Second, Miller falls under the new CBA and we got him for beans. Let him play out his rookie contract then pay him on his second contract. Meanwhile those 4 or 5 years pay for proven talent. That's why the new CBA is good for the game.

We have the cap room and we need the talent. Bowlens cash poor? Well in 2013 he will have no choice but to spend 99%. Maybe rip off the fans for another year or two but good luck trying to do it in the future.