PDA

View Full Version : Primetime NFL Fantasy Football

Northman
08-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Its that time again folks, got a league setup (not on Yahoo this time).

Straight up and join league now. 8 spots left. Look for PrimetimeLeague2011 or sort by Aug 21st which is the online draft.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/?leagueId=416764

Tned
08-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I can't figure out how to join the league after clicking the link.

Northman
08-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I can't figure out how to join the league after clicking the link.

Let me see if i can find a better link for ya.

Northman
08-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Here you go. I had to activate it. Dumb me. lol

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/leagueDirectory?experience=&filterDraftDate=2011-08-21&filterDraftType=&filterPublicPositions=&filterPublicScoring=&leagueType=private&offset=51&searchQuery=

Northman
08-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Updated gents, see original post.

NorCalBronco7
08-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Im in. Should be fun with IDPs.

Northman
08-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Still four more spots open folks.

Sparkie
08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Still four more spots open folks.

And they're going fast! i've just signed up as team 9! :salute:

Northman
08-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Right on, gonna be a fun year. Woot!

Jaws
08-03-2011, 04:02 AM
Your league pedigree has just gone up - it is now one fifth filled with Welsh Women :lol:
Let's just hope that for the sake of friendships this side of the pond, one bug's wings do not get clipped to brutally by one mean shark ;)

Northman
08-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Your league pedigree has just gone up - it is now one fifth filled with Welsh Women :lol:
Let's just hope that for the sake of friendships this side of the pond, one bug's wings do not get clipped to brutally by one mean shark ;)

Clearly, there are too many sharks in this pond. :lol:

Northman
08-03-2011, 09:32 AM
The draft will be held on Sunday Aug 21st at 4pm Est. The draft order (created by using a randomizer) is as follows:

Missy's Legwarmers
Shark Byte
NorCalBronco7
Great Northwestern Scourge
Tned's Brawlers
Redwater Sharks
Multiple Scorgasms
Golden Jets
Baneful Genesis
Wings of a Bug

Tned
08-03-2011, 09:43 AM
I formerly request regular reminders leading up to the draft be posted in here, since some of us are incapable of keeping track of these things on our own.

Northman
08-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I formerly request regular reminders leading up to the draft be posted in here, since some of us are incapable of keeping track of these things on our own.

Will do. :beer:

Jaws
08-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm loving the draft order, second pick suits me nicely.
It's been such al long time since I've drafted that high. It will be nice to get my hands on an elite RB for a change.

Sparkie
08-04-2011, 10:43 AM

Shark? Pah! Beware, oh fishy one: the tiny but brave MadBug bares her fangz atcha! :D ;) :fight:

Jaws
08-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Shark? Pah! Beware, oh fishy one: the tiny but brave MadBug bares her fangz atcha! :D ;) :fight:

Hey are you sure that invite for me to come up to yours is still on for that weekend?
Will we need to have the peace troops on standby during draft time? ;)

Sparkie
08-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey are you sure that invite for me to come up to yours is still on for that weekend?
Will we need to have the peace troops on standby during draft time? ;)

:D

Yes, you're still welcome here fishie!

Talking of troops, I'll get Pippi Pandacat to keep the peace.
In this context she's neutral ..she's only signed up to the broncosforums fleaflicker league, not Primetime. :madgrin:

Northman
08-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Just a reminder, this Sunday is the draft.

Northman
08-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Just another quick reminder, this Sunday is the online draft at 4pm EST. (Tned this means you). lol

Northman
08-21-2011, 12:07 PM
4pm EST Today peeps!

Tned
08-21-2011, 12:12 PM
4pm EST Today peeps!

Am I in this one. I've only signed up for a couple, and don't remember which was which.

Northman
08-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Am I in this one. I've only signed up for a couple, and don't remember which was which.

Yes, you are in this one. :lol:

NorCalBronco7
08-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Good luck to everyone. :salute:

Northman
08-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Here is my group. Looking good for a title run. :)

QB:

Tom Brady
Colt McCoy

RB:

Willis McGahee
Felix Jones
Marion Barber

WR:

Greg Jennings
Lee Evans
Dez Bryant
Donald Driver

TE:

Aaron Hernandez
Todd Heap

K:

Neil Rackers

DEF:

Pittsburgh Steelers
Washington Redskins

DL:

Ndamukong Suh

LB:

Patrick Willis
London Fletcher

DB:

Troy Polamalu
Charles Woodson
Kerry Rhodes

Tned
08-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Ok, first draft done.

QB Peyton Manning
RB Chris Johnson
RB Darren McFadden
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Miles Austin
TE Mercedes Lewis

K Sebastian Janikowski

Def NE Patriots

DL Elvis Dumervil
LB Jerod Mayo
DB Donte Whitner
DB Terrel Thomas

Bench

Joe Flacco
Fred Jackson
Johnny kNox
Eddie Royal
Julius Thomas

Stephen Tulloch
Rahim Moore

NorCalBronco7
08-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Drew Brees

Arian Foster
Matt Forte
DeAngelo Williams
Knowshon Moreno
Jahvid Best

Andre Johnson
Jeremy Maclin
Steve Johnson
Marques Colston
Pierre Garcon
Sidney Rice
Michael Crabtree

Owen Daniels

DL: Charles Johnson

LB: DeMeco Ryans

DBs: Devin McCourty
Brent Grimes

K: Rob Bironas

Defense: San Diego Chargers

I have the best bench, hands down.

Jaws
08-21-2011, 05:56 PM
QB Tony Romo

RB Adrian Peterson
RB Legarrete Blount

WR Roddy White
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Mario Manningham

TE Jermichael Finley

K Josh Brown

DEF Baltimore Ravens

IDP
Jared Allen
Paul Poluzny
Charles Tillman
Yeremiah Bell

BN

Mathew Stafford

Cedric Benson
Michael Bush
Mike Tolbert

Mike Thomas
Robert Meachem

Visanthe Shiancoe

Sparkie
08-21-2011, 06:40 PM
QB Ben Roethlisburger

RB Rashard Mendenhall
RB Frank Gore

WR Reggie Wayne
WR Wes Welker
WR Larry Fitzgerald

TE Kellen Winslow

K Stephen Gostkowski

DEF Green Bay Packers

DL Justin Tuck
LB Ray Lewis
DB T.J. Ward
DB Pat Chung

BENCH*

Matt Cassell
Kyle Orton
Joseph Addai
Reggie Bush
A.J. Green
James Laurinaitis
D.J. Williams

(*I panicked during the live draft and lost concentration by the later rounds.. so the bench people are just fillers for now!)

Northman
09-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I am so glad i took Brady this year. However, Missy is not so pleased. lol
I have yet to have McGahee play yet and im trouncing her now.

Northman
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Wow, i BARELY won this last game. I went out to a big lead and thought i would coast. But Welker absolutely crushed it for Sparkie and if not for the defensive TD by Pitt and having Polamalu as my player who got the TD i would of lost. Crazy.

Tned
09-25-2011, 10:47 PM
After two 30 or so point losses, I had a dominating win today. Hopefully I'll get on a roll and not be eliminated from the playoffs by week 8.

Sparkie
09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Wow, i BARELY won this last game. I went out to a big lead and thought i would coast. But Welker absolutely crushed it for Sparkie and if not for the defensive TD by Pitt and having Polamalu as my player who got the TD i would of lost. Crazy.

Congrats, Northman! .. AND Wes! :D *sends beer* :beer:

I lost 2 out of 3 my FF league games this week.. because of The Wes Welker Show!
Not complaining 'cos he's one of my favourite NFL players and I saw him destroy the Bucs at the London game a few years ago! :madgrin:

Jaws
09-27-2011, 02:42 PM
After getting off to a poor start week 1, back to back wins have been appreciated.

Skinny
09-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Man, been a rough start. Lost Berry, then Nick Collins, and now Britt. 0-3 and looking through the scrap pile to help get out of the cellar. At least i'm first on the waiver wire, biatches.

Northman
12-12-2011, 11:43 PM
And there is fireworks already in the playoffs for the wildcard round. Both Sharky and Wings upset the higher seeds and face the two top teams for a chance at the Championship. Wings will be going against yours truly (#1 seed) and Sharkbite gets a shot at Missy. Good job and good luck peeps.

Jaws
12-13-2011, 06:50 AM
And there is fireworks already in the playoffs for the wildcard round. Both Sharky and Wings upset the higher seeds and face the two top teams for a chance at the Championship. Wings will be going against yours truly (#1 seed) and Sharkbite gets a shot at Missy. Good job and good luck peeps.

Should be fun.

Wales v Baltimore in both!
And three of the four finalists are the fairer sex ;)
Two sharks too!

Northman
12-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Should be fun.

Wales v Baltimore in both!
And three of the four finalists are the fairer sex ;)
Two sharks too!

Well, i have no gripes about being surrounded by women. :D

Jaws
12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
How are you able to add players during the early part of a week North?

I wanted to add Jason Paul-Pierre yesterday morning but he wasn't available to add immediately and I put in a waiver claim for him which was to be processed tomorrow.

Just noticed now that you've been able to add him without going through waivers. :confused:

Northman
12-13-2011, 12:40 PM
How are you able to add players during the early part of a week North?

I wanted to add Jason Paul-Pierre yesterday morning but he wasn't available to add immediately and I put in a waiver claim for him which was to be processed tomorrow.

Just noticed now that you've been able to add him without going through waivers. :confused:

Actually, i put in a waivers for him last week but it was like friday when i grabbed him so it didnt go through until yesterday. There is like a 3-4 day delay which is annoying. I didnt even figure it out until week 5.

Jaws
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Actually, i put in a waivers for him last week but it was like friday when i grabbed him so it didnt go through until yesterday. There is like a 3-4 day delay which is annoying. I didnt even figure it out until week 5.

:cool:

I thought I was missing something and that there was some "add" function I wasn't aware of.

Northman
12-13-2011, 01:15 PM
:cool:

I thought I was missing something and that there was some "add" function I wasn't aware of.

Nah, but....should you play next year i am going to spend some time looking at this league a little more because i know there has to be a way to shut off the waiver feature. I was in the Yahoo league the last 4 years and that one allowed you too just add/drop on the dime without any waiting time. I like that much better because it does seem bogus that when you make a waiver claim you dont know if they've been picked up or not until its too late. That happened to me earlier when i went to Ladarius Webb from Bmore. But yea, i should have the league finely tuned for next year so that it will run a little more smoothly. :D

Northman
12-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Wow, what a bad day of football. Broncos lose and not only am i going to lose a chance at winning my fantasy league but it looks like Missy will go down too. I believe its going to be Sharkie and Sparkie in the Championship game. Grats to you both. \m/

Jaws
12-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Wow, what a bad day of football. Broncos lose and not only am i going to lose a chance at winning my fantasy league but it looks like Missy will go down too. I believe its going to be Sharkie and Sparkie in the Championship game. Grats to you both. \m/

That would be an upset, especially seeing as I only just about secured the sixth seed spot.
Not over till the fat lady sings though!
Whatever happens, thanks for running the league Commish. It's been fun.
:beer:

Northman
12-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Just want to say congrats to Sparkie for winning the big kahuna. And of course grats to Sharkie for making it to the big game as well. Tough last couple of weeks for me as i end up finishing 4th overall after losing to my lovely wife this week for the 3rd place match. Anyhow, for those who are considering to play again next year this would be the draft order should everyone return.

1. Golden Jets
2. Multiple Scorgasms
3. Tned Brawler's
4. Great Northwestern Scourge
5. NorCalBronco7
6. Los Angeles Chaos
7. Redwater Sharks
8. Missy's Legwarmers
9. Shark Byte
10. Wings of a Bug

Jaws
12-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Thank you very much Northman :beer:

Congratulations Sparkie :salute:

So all the trophies went to the girls then :D

Tned
12-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Just want to say congrats to Sparkie for winning the big kahuna. And of course grats to Sharkie for making it to the big game as well. Tough last couple of weeks for me as i end up finishing 4th overall after losing to my lovely wife this week for the 3rd place match. Anyhow, for those who are considering to play again next year this would be the draft order should everyone return.

1. Golden Jets
2. Multiple Scorgasms
3. Tned Brawler's
4. Great Northwestern Scourge
5. NorCalBronco7
6. Los Angeles Chaos
7. Redwater Sharks
8. Missy's Legwarmers
9. Shark Byte
10. Wings of a Bug

Only good news about having a horrible year is that I will be in line to pick up a gimpy Adrian Peterson or a Chris 1k with my number three pick. :lol: