PDA

View Full Version : Cecil Lammey's Sunday training camp tweets

titan
07-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Cecil Lammey continues to give excellent coverage of training camp. Here are his twitter updates (@cecillammey)

Okay, couple of highlights from #broncos training camp today - 1) got 2 catch up with my good friend Darius Walker 2) chatted up w Joe Ellis

Darius Walker used to play RB for #broncos & #texans ... had some good insight into former teammate Jeremiah Johnson, more in a bit

thought Tim Tebow improved his reads today at #broncos training camp, much smoother dropback, footwork was good

Tebow did look awkward running play action, needs more reps doing that, but straight dropback was strong

I like Tebow's footwork when setting up, stays light on his feet which helps already good escapability

Tebow's release was nice & high today, ppl who talk about his throwing motion need an update it's not textbook but 1000x better than FL days

scout team WRs still letting Tebow down, today Matthew Willis let him down too with a drop on a slant, Timmy had good timing, throw on money

Tebow had his ups and downs, but most exciting plays of practice came from him and Julius Thomas, yes I would say T2 the best QB today

Orton had some passes batted down at line of scrimmage, still looks solid, just not exciting under pressure - who knew right??

Orton also tried to pick on champ, guess who won? Champ gets monstrous applause again

Brady Quinn played strong again today, which made Darius quite happy #domerhomer LOL

in practice at least, this is a new Brady Quinn, confident, zip on his passes, quick release, attacking defense

I like the way Quinn is processing his reads, quick, decisive, TRUSTING WHAT HE SEES, not worried about making a mistake..thus making plays!

one phrase sums up Adam Weber's performance so far 'got to be faster!' slow drop, slow read, slow release, kid is struggling

on to the RBs, LenDale White out of practice today with little back spasms (Foxy's words) so no #motorboat today

Foxy says after practice the addition of McGahee is no indictment on Knowshon, McGahee out there wearing no. 23 but not practicing yet

Foxy says shapes on sizes of RBs don't matter 'I like backs that are productive'

once again we saw Moreno get swallowed up by defense, might be lack of patience as he'll go for cutback when lane is clogged

plenty of positive notes about Moreno catching the ball, arms extended, hands look soft.. he's their pass catching back

Lance Ball made some good plays as a receiver, snatching ball high and away on wheel route, tries to bounce outside 2 much as a runner tho

Ball has good center of gravity but lacks the speed or burst to make the corner, did see him patiently wait for blocks to develop

Ball did run with some pop when asked to carry the rock in the middle, guys a little tougher to bring down than some think

Jeremiah Johnson can ball, backfield is crowded but would like to see him stay with the team, carries that ball high and tight

I like the way that he stays low and picks and chooses where to put his feet, always ready to explode out of cuts

Johnson showed great inside/outside running, would press the hole then bounce to outside when in 2nd level - sharp instincts

Johnson knows how to set up defenders (creates his own space) and was just toying with #broncos safeties today with juke moves, shoulder dip

Johnson knows how to set up defenders in 2nd level before he crosses the line of scrimmage, creates space for himself when/if he gets there

Jeremiah was taking contact and holding onto the football, all while keeping his feet moving to pick up yards after contact

Mario Fannin had a great day, big runs to the outside where he could really turn on his speed, #broncos fans excited about this kid

Fannin works good on sweeps or stretch plays, only saw one good run from him today between the tackles, needs space to explode

Fannin not a creative guy, but continues to use those jump cuts to get downfield, no ankle breaking but light on his feet

Fannin struggles to build steam to plow over guys when lane is clogged, once steam is built though watch out! reminds me of Anthony Dixon

Fannin could stick around on this team because of his size/speed combination and his ability as a receiver out of the backfield.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Who is Cecil Lammey?

underrated29
07-31-2011, 10:58 PM
cool. thanks.

I like cecil and had some good talks with him at the OM, but I still think his bias is strong. He does not seem to like knowshon very much and he really really loves jeramiah johnson...

Which is all fine and good but imo it kinda paints a different picture than what is actually there.

But cec- keep em coming. We love these man!!:salute:

shank
07-31-2011, 11:04 PM
cool. thanks.

I like cecil and had some good talks with him at the OM, but I still think his bias is strong. He does not seem to like knowshon very much and he really really loves jeramiah johnson...

Which is all fine and good but imo it kinda paints a different picture than what is actually there.

But cec- keep em coming. We love these man!!:salute:

still agree with you, but will see when i get back into town.

he made sure to mention yesterday that he thought knomo was dogging it during practice, but doesn't mention today that knomo was doing sprints when not busy doing drills (mentioned in the official blog).

i'm still a big knomo fan, so it bugs me.