PDA

View Full Version : Jim Goodman appreciation thread

lex
11-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, with the last three draft classes, its hard to not sit back and marvel at his handiwerk. The 2006 draft was tremendous but now were watching games where players taken at the bottom (and some undrafted) are stepping in and outperforming the normal, more established starters. Whether its Larsen or Hillis, it has been really something to see.

For the better part of this season, 2007 was seen as Goodmans biggest failure even though most have been pleased with Harris and Thomas. But now it seems Moss has been turning the corner. If Moss turns into a contributor, it would be hard to find a GM/personnel guy who has done a better job picking talent over the last three drafts.

SR
11-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Are you drunk?

lex
11-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Are you drunk?

No.

G_Money
11-16-2008, 11:36 PM
/cosigned.

It looks like that moron Sundquist was our draft room problem. We still suck at FA, but our draft room the last three years is a conquering armada instead of inbred 4 year olds with melted crayons.

Even '07 has given us 2 decent starters. Flushing the other draftpicks was DUMB, and the stated reason ("We just have too much talent on this team for more than 3 or 4 rookies to make it") was one of the main reasons I didn't believe Shanny had changed. That's a terrible talent assessment.

But he now seems to be hoarding draftpicks and drafting quality players in spades.

That, I have to show some love for.

~G

honz
11-16-2008, 11:39 PM
It is encouraging that Moss has been seeing more playing time. He was in on a couple of plays today and did a pretty good job of collapsing the pocket on Ryan a couple times, although he was never able to get his hands on him. Hopefully he can continue to improve and become a player for us.

lex
11-16-2008, 11:47 PM
/cosigned.

It looks like that moron Sundquist was our draft room problem. We still suck at FA, but our draft room the last three years is a conquering armada instead of inbred 4 year olds with melted crayons.

Even '07 has given us 2 decent starters. Flushing the other draftpicks was DUMB, and the stated reason ("We just have too much talent on this team for more than 3 or 4 rookies to make it") was one of the main reasons I didn't believe Shanny had changed. That's a terrible talent assessment.

But he now seems to be hoarding draftpicks and drafting quality players in spades.

That, I have to show some love for.

~G

LOL. Thats awesome...the best line, Ive seen in a while.

LordTrychon
11-16-2008, 11:52 PM
I will always defend members of the Organization that I love for the most part... and Sundquist was one that I defended.

I certainly am not missing him now though.

:salute: Goodmans.

G_Money
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
After his horrible, smug, atrocious columns of self-justification on his blown drafts, I got on the "Sundquist Must Go" bandwagon. Before then it was impossible to tell who was screwing up year after year. Afterward, it was obvious that if Sundquist was not the whole problem, he was CERTAINLY not any part of the solution. :tsk:

But replacing him with the Goodmans has been enough to make me eager for draft day instead of terrified. Removing a big problem and replacing it with a big solution is certainly a home run of epic proportions for this organization.

~G

fcspikeit
11-17-2008, 12:00 AM
It is encouraging that Moss has been seeing more playing time. He was in on a couple of plays today and did a pretty good job of collapsing the pocket on Ryan a couple times, although he was never able to get his hands on him. Hopefully he can continue to improve and become a player for us.

The last couple weeks he has done the little things well. He is a long way from being a pro bowler, but he has held up well at the point of attack and done a really good job at containing his edge against the run. I even seen him power through the block a couple times to force the runner out and made it easy for the LB's to come down the line hard and run the RB out of field.

Controlling the edge has been a sore spot for us a while now. the improvement there is showing up in the D rushing yards and more importantly on the score board..:salute:

fcspikeit
11-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Wow, with the last three draft classes, its hard to not sit back and marvel at his handiwerk. The 2006 draft was tremendous but now were watching games where players taken at the bottom (and some undrafted) are stepping in and outperforming the normal, more established starters. Whether its Larsen or Hillis, it has been really something to see.

For the better part of this season, 2008 was seen as Goodmans biggest failure even though most have been pleased with Harris and Thomas. But now it seems Moss has been turning the corner. If Moss turns into a contributor, it would be hard to find a GM/personnel guy who has done a better job picking talent over the last three drafts.

Don't you mean 2007?

lex
11-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Don't you mean 2007?

Indeed. Nice catch.