PDA

View Full Version : Good begining to the offseason!

BroncoBowlby 88
07-31-2011, 04:58 PM
I am of the belief that this has been a good offseason! The big mistake in situations like this, where free agency is so rushed, would be to go out and spend big money on a couple of big name guys, and most of the time they dont pan out quite as well as what we paid for them. We weren't in the market for a CB or a QB, and thats where all the big names in trades and FA were at. Our obvious holes were DT, RB, and TE and our front office is taking its time to make decisions on bringing in people that will fit the system, not throwing big money at a FA class that is thin in our position off need. EFX is looking for players that fit the system and not bring in FA who might not work in that system. Instead of going nuts and spending lots of cash find what makes the team better. Good drafts make champions, not good free agency periods. The Broncos will be better this year, much better, even without a big name FA DT! GO BRONCOS!

SR
07-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Delirious.

FanInAZ
07-31-2011, 05:27 PM
:D We can't start the season quite yet, I still have 7 openings to fill in my FF league :D I you'll join, then I'll be down to 6 :D

:tsk: I know, shameless self-promotion :tsk:

dogfish
07-31-2011, 06:10 PM
the five year plan is on pace, comrades!

FanInAZ
07-31-2011, 06:19 PM
the five year plan is on pace, comrades!

I just wish this was the 3rd year of the 5 year plan that we started 2 years ago. Unfortunately, we're starting over again. Hopefully, we'll do it right this time.

Bosco
07-31-2011, 06:56 PM
I am of the belief that this has been a good offseason! The big mistake in situations like this, where free agency is so rushed, would be to go out and spend big money on a couple of big name guys, and most of the time they dont pan out quite as well as what we paid for them. We weren't in the market for a CB or a QB, and thats where all the big names in trades and FA were at. Our obvious holes were DT, RB, and TE and our front office is taking its time to make decisions on bringing in people that will fit the system, not throwing big money at a FA class that is thin in our position off need. EFX is looking for players that fit the system and not bring in FA who might not work in that system. Instead of going nuts and spending lots of cash find what makes the team better. Good drafts make champions, not good free agency periods. The Broncos will be better this year, much better, even without a big name FA DT! GO BRONCOS!

Your optimism is commendable, but extremely misplaced.