PDA

View Full Version : 2 game division lead!!!

PatricktheDookie
11-16-2008, 07:20 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :laugh:

gobroncsnv
11-16-2008, 07:30 PM
And more tears for Tomlinson (sounds like that oughta be a band's name)... We finally took advantage of the Chargerinas' misfortune. This is a good day. I have no illusions about us going deep in the playoffs, but the kids we have on our team may just get to taste the post-season, which could prove valuable next and in future years.

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Once you get into the playoffs, anything can happen. I'm not predicting a Super Bowl, but anything is possible. No one picked the G-Men to do it last year and look what happened. You just never know. We have the offense to go to the Super Bowl. We just don't have the D. If they keep playing well we'll find ourselves in the playoffs, and maybe with a home game too. Today was an awesome day. Hopefully next Sunday can be as good. A Broncos win over the Raiders, and a loss by the Chargers to the Colts and they might as well give us the division trophy. I'm not counting next week as a W yet, but it is definitely a game that we SHOULD win.

MOtorboat
11-16-2008, 07:49 PM

:coffee:

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 07:50 PM

? 2 1/2. Not 3.

MOtorboat
11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
? 2 1/2. Not 3.

There are no 1/2 game leads in the NFL.

We lead by 3.

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 07:52 PM

We lead by 3.

We lead the division by 2 games, and we hold the tie-breaker over the Chargers. That would be a 2 1/2 game lead... It may not say it in the standings like it does in baseball, but that is the facts. If it's not 2 1/2. Then it's just a 2 game lead. Since we hold the tie-breaker, I'll say 2 1/2.

JKcatch724
11-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Anybody who has the time.... please read this. Absolutely epic.

http://bolttalk.net/forums/

Dreadnought
11-16-2008, 08:03 PM
We lead the division by 2 games, and we hold the tie-breaker over the Chargers. That would be a 2 1/2 game lead... It may not say it in the standings like it does in baseball, but that is the facts. If it's not 2 1/2. Then it's just a 2 game lead. Since we hold the tie-breaker, I'll say 2 1/2.

Right, and if the Chargers beat us in week 17 they would likely win the tie breaker because of our stupid damned loss to the Chefs. OTOH, we control our own destiny, and have it in our power to make that week 17 game a Playoff tune-up. And I don't think the Chargers are done losing yet, either. Now, lets tend to the Raiders and not get big heads over the last two games. I don't want it to be a close win; I will happily sit through a 20+ point win, which we are very capable of if we focus.

gobroncsnv
11-16-2008, 08:05 PM
We have the offense to go to the Super Bowl. We just don't have the D.

For me to be convinced about our offense, they need to stop disappearing in the second quarter. Not sure what happens, but we open great, and then flatten out like day old soda. We seem to play better from behind, and I'm not really sure that our D holds up well against that. Today they did.

Tned
11-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Once you get into the playoffs, anything can happen.

This is a fact. Anything can happen. We have a young offense, that is still learning as they go, although granted having 4 RBs on IR isn't great.

Defensively. Who knows? Getting DJ and Champ back by the playoffs, along with our young LBs getting some experience, means the D will probably be better by year end. However, the safety position is still a glaring weakness.

Dreadnought
11-16-2008, 08:10 PM

We're done- it's over Chargers fans.

Our season has been reduced to rooting against the Broncos in the playoffs.

Unbelieveable.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

topscribe
11-16-2008, 08:19 PM

I would . . . but I just can't stand to see grown men cry. :lol:

-----

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM

Screw the Chargers and their fans. Have fun at 4-6 MOFOS!!!

Dreadnought
11-16-2008, 08:21 PM

-----

More Bolt Talk...

GOD DAMNIT WHITE!

What choke job, Denver is the luckiest team on this planet, they have no business being in first place.

topscribe
11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
More Bolt Talk...

Obviously, neither do the Chargers!! :pound:

-----

JKcatch724
11-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Screw the Chargers and their fans. Have fun at 4-6 MOFOS!!!

Man, I thought we took it bad on this site after a loss. They sound like a Tarantino movie over there. :laugh:

Dreadnought
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Man, I thought we took it bad on this site after a loss. They sound like a Tarantino movie over there. :laugh:

I'm thinking more like a made for TV tragedy on LifeTime or the Oxygen network :D

gobroncsnv
11-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Chargers should be sponsored by Kleenex.

OrangeHoof
11-16-2008, 08:37 PM
1) We only have the tiebreaker if we beat SD twice. So the proper way to look at this is a two-game lead.

2) We have home games left against the Raiders and Chiefs. If we win those, we can be no worse than 8-7 going into the last week of the season, meaning San Diego would have to win three of their next five to have any chance of the last game being meaningful.

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 08:38 PM
1) We only have the tiebreaker if we beat SD twice. So the proper way to look at this is a two-game lead.

2) We have home games left against the Raiders and Chiefs. If we win those, we can be no worse than 8-7 going into the last week of the season, meaning San Diego would have to win three of their next five to have any chance of the last game being meaningful.

I'm talking about right this second. Right now we own the tie-breaker against the Chargers because we're 1-0 against them. That's why I said it's a 2 1/2 game lead. Technically you're right, it's a 2 game lead. But as of right now we have the tie-breaker. Either way you slice it though, it's not a 3 game lead like MO said.

CrazyHorse
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
We is going to the playoffs! Yay!

gobroncsnv
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM

-----
:cool:

Depends on who's doin the cryin, and what it's about...

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
We is going to the playoffs! Yay!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. There's still 6 games left...

scott.475
11-16-2008, 10:11 PM

Keep in mind, the Bolt fans have been told for a few years now that they deserved to be in the big game. They were practically anointed to win it all. We have whined a lot in our losses, but we have never felt like we need to be given it all based on only the talent of our team.

I think the wheels are starting to come off over there, and I don't think Norv is the kind of coach that can fix that. I think once players start losing faith in him, he is unable to win it back.

Somebody fess up, who is "Bronofan" over there? He has four negative rep boxes and is "lord of all that is vile and evil"...I kinda like seeing that on a Dolts board.

hamrob
11-16-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm talking about right this second. Right now we own the tie-breaker against the Chargers because we're 1-0 against them. That's why I said it's a 2 1/2 game lead. Technically you're right, it's a 2 game lead. But as of right now we have the tie-breaker. Either way you slice it though, it's not a 3 game lead like MO said.I look at it as a 1 game lead. Here's why: Right now, we are 2 games up on them...but if we end up just 1 game better than them when we play the last game of the year. All they will need to do (most likely) is beat us...and they will win the division.

Let's say we are 9-6 going in and that they are 8-7 going in. If they beat us and we both end up at 9-7...they will most probably win the tie breakers and thus the division. So, right now we are up by 2 (2.5 in baseball)...but really only a plus one in terms of making that last game not count!

Although in this scenario...the Bolts would need to win 4 of their next 5...where we would need to win 3 of 5.

gobroncsnv
11-17-2008, 07:47 AM

We lead by 3.

Cincy and Philly are now down by something and a half games in their respective divisions. They tied.

Gamechanger
11-17-2008, 09:03 AM
this one really made me LAWL!!!

Making the playoffs this season is going to be a hard as catching water with one hand with only two fingers... :sad:

LAWLZ!!!!

tomjonesrocks
11-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Chargers should be sponsored by Kleenex.

I didn't see the Chargers game--did Tomlinson *really* cry again?

Flatinum
11-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I didn't see the Chargers game--did Tomlinson *really* cry again?

I didn't see him crying. But he was sitting on the bench with his trademark - head down, face pouting look. Priceless.

Lady Tom strikes again.

MasterShake
11-17-2008, 11:30 AM
I didn't see him crying. But he was sitting on the bench with his trademark - head down, face pouting look. Priceless.

Lady Tom strikes again.

Yup. Its pretty sad when even your "action figure" shows you in your most predominant state:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/tomlinson.jpg

broncofaninfla
11-17-2008, 11:34 AM
A couple of weeks ago I wasn't even sure if I wanted Denver to win the division because I felt we would get slaughtered in the playoffs and drop further back in next years draft order but watching these young guys step up and seeing the team play with renewed passion, I'm excited to see what we can do. I'd give us a chance against anybody at this point.

MasterShake
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
A couple of weeks ago I wasn't even sure if I wanted Denver to win the division because I felt we would get slaughtered in the playoffs and drop further back in next years draft order but watching these young guys step up and seeing the team play with renewed passion, I'm excited to see what we can do. I'd give us a chance against anybody at this point.

I'm not sure if I would give us a chance against anyone, but if no one gave us a chance I like our odds! Sound crazy? Ask the '96 Jags, '05 Steelers, or '07 Giants about that. We could totally ruin some top seeds if we make it to the playoffs. I can see Denver as a dangerous dark horse team right now.

EDIT: I'm not blind though. If a team saw us as even a small threat we get blown out in the first round... :)

Crush05
11-17-2008, 11:46 AM
You know teams are not given championships they earn them! Our beloved Broncos are showing some heart in these injured riden times, we have rookies stepping up and players playing in different positions other then where they are slotted to play! IMO we have a great base for a champonship team, too bad we may have to wait a year or two to see it all come to light. Our defense is proving they can play the game these past few weeks and our offense is showing they can basically overcome almost anything thrown at them! I guess what I am saying is I see the potential.

Fan in Exile
11-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I really want us to make the play-offs, because I think that we've got a lot of young guys who need that experience.

Hopefully we can get in to the play offs and the young guys can get a taste of it and a hunger for more. So that in the years to come we go all the way.

I'm not saying that we are a great team now we would get in because we're in a bad division but I think getting in would be a huge step up for the team. Much better to learn how to win and practice that than to lose and practice that.

G_Money
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Our defense has shown flashes of adequacy with its younger players and our offense is a 600 HP supercharged nightmare in need of some serious fine tuning before taking it out to the track.

Our offense always has the potential to hang 40 on you – and that’s with our 5th string RB. If you get careless with the ball, watch out.

But to hold down the hype – we are not good, yet. Our offense ISN’T putting up 40. Our offensive first halves are just that – offensive. Our defense is improving against the run, but is still plenty vulnerable to the pass, and still isn’t pressuring the QB as much as it needs to. Our special teams sometimes makes incredibly special plays, and sometimes might as well be playing in wheelchairs.

Them’s the handicaps of being young. In his entire career Shanahan hasn’t been around a team this young at the pro level. 8 of our starters on offense (Cutler, Marshall, Kuper, Scheffler, Harris, Clady, Hillis and Royal) have less than 3 years experience. Currently 6 ish of our defensive starters are in the same boat (still counting Doom, Moss, Thomas, Woodyard, Larsen, Bell).

That’s 14 of 22 starting positions staffed by guys with 2.5 years on the job or less. Half of THOSE are in their first year of starting or first year in the league. :shocked:

And we’re up in the division by two games. It’s quite remarkable. We haven’t been consistent, but we have been winning, and using newbs to do it. What’s the more-experienced, more-talented Chargers’ excuse?

Oh, right: refs. :coffee:

~G

Day1BroncoFan
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
What I've seen from this team in the last few weeks is the will to win especially on defense. I didn't see that in the previous games even games we won.

I think this team can smell blood and are going for the kill now. They have improved on defense and the offense is getting what they need to do done.

I don't have big expectations of winning a SB but I have my hopes. I am happy they are coming together in the second half of games to win. Maybe they can come together in the second half of the season and become a serious force (not that they aren't).

I would rather see my team play better in the second half of the season to win it that the first half if I had to pick one. Yes, I would like to see them blow out opponents by 20 or 30 points but I'll settle for a win of whatever kind.

gobroncsnv
11-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Yup. Its pretty sad when even your "action figure" shows you in your most predominant state:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/tomlinson.jpg

An anatomically correct "action" figure for LT would include a puddle of tears (wait, is that why the cup is in his hands?), smudged mascara (he'll call it eye-black), a box of Kleenex, and a pot of mommie-made chicken soup to cheer him up after all those mean opponents made him feel all tackled and dejected after another bruising game on the gridiron. Seriously, if that is a legit action figure of a player (I mean, is it REALLY???), he needs to be out of the league, hang what his stats are. They even made sure to put a pout on his face. Image is everything. I mean, he even calls his TD celebration the "tear drop"... his words, not mine.

Shazam!
11-17-2008, 10:59 PM
A couple of weeks ago I wasn't even sure if I wanted Denver to win the division...

I want Denver to win the Division every year. Once they are in the postseason, anything is possible.

In 2005 if one knew they'd get slaughtered by Pitt in the CG, would anyone have rather they finished .500? Doubt it.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
11-18-2008, 03:52 AM

its not 3.

trying to look all smart with your coffee.

Italianmobstr7
11-18-2008, 04:14 AM
I want Denver to win the Division every year. Once they are in the postseason, anything is possible.

In 2005 if one knew they'd get slaughtered by Pitt in the CG, would anyone have rather they finished .500? Doubt it.

I agree. I want us to go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl every year. Is that realistic? No, probably not. But that's what I want.

I don't consider us a serious super bowl contender at this point in the season, but if we do make the playoffs, we WILL be a super bowl contender. We'll be 1 of only 6 teams in the AFC with a chance to go. Just like I said in a different thread. Once we get in the playoffs, anything can happen. No one picked the Giants to go last year. No one picked the Steelers in 05, and nobody will pick us if we go. They don't have to though. At the very least, I'll be glad if our young players get some playoff experience, but I'll be even happier if we win a game or 2 in the playoffs. Would be great to see coming off a 7-9 season. Also, with how bad our D has been this year, if we're winning in the playoffs, that means that they're doing enough to get us wins. I won't hold my breath, but I hope things come together on the D and Denver can get at least 1 win in the playoffs this year.

Italianmobstr7
11-18-2008, 04:17 AM

Lady Tom strikes again.

Near the end of regulation he was on the sidelines seen complaining, or yelling at other players or coaches too. He's a damn baby. A great player, but a bad sportsman. I understand being competitive, and not wanting to lose, but no reason to cry like a little baby after every game like he does.

Nomad
11-18-2008, 05:22 AM
If the BRONCOS play like they have been the last two games, then it's exciting to know they have a shot at post season play. If they resort to playing like the end of the first half then it's false hope. Denver has to at least win out the division. No matter what the AFC West concerns no one which is sad to say because teams use to hate playing teams from this division.

Nomad
11-18-2008, 05:25 AM
Near the end of regulation he was on the sidelines seen complaining, or yelling at other players or coaches too. He's a damn baby. A great player, but a bad sportsman. I understand being competitive, and not wanting to lose, but no reason to cry like a little baby after every game like he does.

And yet he's treated as if he is the role model for football players. He's good but will never be Terrell Davis great - class and talent!!! Now that was a role model!!

lex
11-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I already know that Slowik is a dud. But with that being a given, it kind if diminishes my expectations. Even at that though, I guess I would like to see guys like Larsen and Woodyard get a shot at playing. Same with Hillis at RB. I dont want to see Webster when Larsen is getting better results.

PatricktheDookie
11-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I really, really, really don't like the Chargers, but making fun of LT is where I draw the line. I've got nothing but respect for the way he plays the game and how he handles himself, especially considering the 3-ring circus of idiots surrounding him (Turner, Rivers, Merriman).

Shazam!
11-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Thank heavens Indy REALLY needs the game Sunday vs. SD to get a Wild Card spot.

So next week, Denver can be up 3 games with 5 to go... And a tough game coming vs. Brett.

JKcatch724
11-19-2008, 04:12 AM
I really, really, really don't like the Chargers, but making fun of LT is where I draw the line. I've got nothing but respect for the way he plays the game and how he handles himself, especially considering the 3-ring circus of idiots surrounding him (Turner, Rivers, Merriman).

He is a great player, but come on. Handles himself?

He is a total sore loser. What kind of "team leader" sits on the bench at the end of games dejectedly when his team is losing?

We all get that you don't like losing, LT, but stand up with your teammates and take the loss like a man. Either that or get a Lazy Boy so you can at least be comfy when you are drowning in your own self pity.

BroncoManiac
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I hate Phillip Rivers.... :censored: Dude's got game tho, but lets hope Indy schools the chargers... Then Broncos will be up 3 Games.... :ridinghorse:

Dean
11-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I hate Phillip Rivers.... :censored: Dude's got game tho, but lets hope Indy schools the chargers... Then Broncos will be up 3 Games.... :ridinghorse:

I think that we better beat the commitment of excrement team on Sunday, first. I seems that over the years the weaker the team that we play the poorer the Broncos tend to play. Remember the KC game?

Day1BroncoFan
11-19-2008, 06:41 PM

If we beat jokeland. It isn't a for sure win. ;)

underrated29
11-19-2008, 07:10 PM
dont discount the faid so easily. They get dmac back and fargas. Plus they gave the bolts, saints?, panthers? cant remember all the teams, but they gave some real good teams a run for their money.