PDA

View Full Version : More tire kicking, Jamal Anderson next

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2011, 01:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/31/jamaal-anderson-to-visit-broncos-titans/

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Anderson will visit the Broncos and the Titans. He has three other invitations.

He's 6'6", 285. Think we'd try to make him a DT? :lol:

Lonestar
07-31-2011, 01:46 PM
I have little or no faith in a DT under 310 pounds to be able to hold the gap or LOS. When the OG and centers weigh 15-40 pounds more than you do you lose that battle more than half the time.

Lancane
07-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Maybe Denver needs to send an invitation to Japan, Sumo Wrestlers Wanted to play American Football. They love the NFL and the sport over there, so why not...if we can sign two big ass 400lbs. sumo wrestlers then we'll sure up our defensive line in a hurry!

:laugh:

Lonestar
07-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Maybe Denver needs to send an invitation to Japan, Sumo Wrestlers Wanted to play American Football. They love the NFL and the sport over there, so why not...if we can sign two big ass 400lbs. sumo wrestlers then we'll sure up our defensive line in a hurry!

:laugh:

ONE would probably be enough plus another DT that can move would do it..

Those guys would just be round around since our DE are not "huge" run stoppers..

BUT your correct not much would be run up the GUT, pardon the pun..

DenBronx
07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
i hear were bringing in jarvis moss to resurrect his career.

UnderArmour
07-31-2011, 02:41 PM
I will settle for anyone at this point, just sign them already!

FanInAZ
07-31-2011, 05:39 PM
When I saw the title of this tread, my mind mixed up Jamaal Anderson with Jamal Lewis. I was like, "What!? That guy is still playing!?"

dogfish
07-31-2011, 06:14 PM
i hear were bringing in jarvis moss to resurrect his career.

i'm holding out for dorsett davis-- that guy is an animal, he just needs to be in the right system. . . .

Dzone
07-31-2011, 06:57 PM
the guy got cut by atlanta. If he was a beast, they would have kept him. Hes a castoff...we're signing everybodies sloppy seconds

FanInAZ
07-31-2011, 07:03 PM
the guy got cut by atlanta. If he was a beast, they would have kept him. Hes a castoff...we're signing everybodies sloppy seconds

That's what FA is all about. So a guy didn't work out in the role that his former team’s style of play asked of him. You ask yourself, would he be more productive in the role that our style of play would require of him? If you think the answer is, “yes,” then you offer him a deal.

Ravage!!!
07-31-2011, 07:14 PM

Where do you think FA's come from??? :confused:

shank
07-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Where do you think FA's come from??? :confused:

narnia

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:26 AM

better than the mopes we already have. second elsewhere are upgrades.. stop bitching

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:28 AM
all of a sudden we are signing lots of DTs and everyone is whining..

we have went from ONE semi legit DT four days ago to 3-4 today.. lets hope they have a great rotation designed for them all to keep them fresh..

Lancane
08-01-2011, 12:34 AM
all of a sudden we are signing lots of DTs and everyone is whining..

we have went from ONE semi legit DT four days ago to 3-4 today.. lets hope they have a great rotation designed for them all to keep them fresh..

Did we sign another defensive tackle? :confused:

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Did we sign another defensive tackle? :confused:

thought I saw D thomas, along with a couple from the last 24 hrs and then Warren today..

maybe I misread the posts ..

Lancane
08-01-2011, 12:51 AM
thought I saw D thomas, along with a couple from the last 24 hrs and then Warren today..

maybe I misread the posts ..

I don't think we signed or agreed to terms with any of them. Warren left to Houston without agreeing to terms or a contract and will likely sign with them. Anderson I also believed visited but likewise left without an agreement or contract in place. Next on the list is Derek Landri I believe...

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I don't think we signed or agreed to terms with any of them. Warren left to Houston without agreeing to terms or a contract and will likely sign with them. Anderson I also believed visited but likewise left without an agreement or contract in place. Next on the list is Derek Landri I believe...

Sorry but reading this on an Iphone I must have misunderstood..

shank
08-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Sorry but reading this on an Iphone I must have misunderstood..

you should probably delete that 'change what things on the internet say' application. not sure why people keep installing that one... :confused:

dogfish
08-01-2011, 01:11 AM
better than the mopes we already have. second elsewhere are upgrades.. stop bitching

in all fairness, a guy like jamal anderson really isn't much better than the mopes we have, if at all-- he's just somebody else's mope. . . that's the problem. . .

people always assume that just because a guy is someone different than the last chump, that he must be better. . . frequently isn't the case. . . i remember back in '08 when we signed guys like niko koutivides, marlon mccree and marquand manuel, boss bailey and whatever other chumps. . . almost EVERYBODY was bragging about our "free agent haul" :rolleyes:, and talking tough about how we'd "upgraded" all these positions on defense. . . ****in' nobody wanted to hear me talking about how mccree and manuel didn't upgrade shiat. . .

noooo. . . "these guys are all solid pros, what are you bitching about dog?"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

yea, how'd that junk work out?

"upgrading" only happens when you replace guys with better talent-- it's not an automatic every time you churn your roster. . .

at least anderson and okoye have shown a LITTLE something in the NFL, but don't forget-- for every former first round disappoinment we think we can rehabilitate on the cheap, there's a fanbase out there wondering whether jarvis moss is worth bringing in. . . "this guy has a lot of talent-- he just needs to be in the right system". . . works out occasionally, but not very often. . .

also, we havn't signed any DTs that i know of-- and anderson's not a true tackle either, although i do believe he's played inside some the past year or so. . . jeremy jarmon is also an end. . . you could be right, though-- if they want vickerson playing at 285, they may well try masquerading some of these other dwarfs as tackles. . . really tall, scrawny tackles. . . man, i sure hope von miller can eat pulling guards and lead-blocking fullbacks for breakfast. . .

EDIT: sorry, looks like we did re-sign marcus thomas. . . . FWIW. . .

FanInAZ
08-01-2011, 01:19 AM
i remember back in '08 when we signed guys like niko koutivides, marlon mccree and marquand manuel, boss bailey and whatever other chumps. . . almost EVERYBODY was bragging about our "free agent haul" :rolleyes:, and talking tough about how we'd "upgraded" all these positions on defense. . . ****in' nobody wanted to hear me talking about how mccree and manuel didn't upgrade shiat. . .

noooo. . . "these guys are all solid pros, what are you bitching about dog?"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

yea, how'd that junk work out?

"upgrading" only happens when you replace guys with better talent-- it's not an automatic every time you churn your roster. . .

I joked back then that I was going to try out for LB. I would've been a 40 years old, 6'3," 150lbs rookie. Why not? I couldn't have been that much worst then the scrubs that they were grabbing off the street corner that year.

Stargazer
08-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Jamal Anderson? Print the Super Bowl tickets.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Jamal Anderson? Print the Super Bowl tickets.

We'd have to actually sign him, first.

Dzone
08-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Just sayin, this dude was the 8th overall pick. You dont cut someone like that unless they have totally failed. You have to wonder what happened in Atl for them to dump him.
Jarvis Moss comes to mind.

SOCALORADO.
08-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Just sayin, this dude was the 8th overall pick. You dont cut someone like that unless they have totally failed. You have to wonder what happened in Atl for them to dump him.
Jarvis Moss comes to mind.

Thats what Jamal is. Hes a 3rd down, 4-3 pass rushing DE who has no moves and has been a huge bust his entire career. I have no idea where folks are saying that this guy could play DT.