PDA

View Full Version : Dear ~G,

BroncoJoe
11-16-2008, 04:41 PM
You were right. From the very beginning, you were high on P. Hillis.

The dude is a certifiable stud.

And, Larsen is one tough dude.

I thought the whole team played well today. I have to admit, I was very nervous they'd score in the final minute, but he D finally came through.

:beer:

honz
11-16-2008, 04:45 PM
...with a little help from Roddy "Dropsy" White. I'm a big fan of his now.:D

BeefStew25
11-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Tatum seemed to have grown. He hit the deck after getting that first down. I like it.

LoyalSoldier
11-16-2008, 04:52 PM
...with a little help from Roddy "Dropsy" White. I'm a big fan of his now.:D

Yea and they had a little help from Dropsy Winborn. It evens out.

BroncoJoe
11-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Tatum seemed to have grown. He hit the deck after getting that first down. I like it.

Ditto- I thought Tater played well today when called upon.

Have to admit though - I was nervous as hell when we were giving him the ball with the game on the line!

BeefStew25
11-16-2008, 05:15 PM

Have to admit though - I was nervous as hell when we were giving him the ball with the game on the line!

It wasn't just that. We were calling pitches. I hate for the ball to be in the air like that late in V mode.

But Tater is still eating Humble Pie. He did what we wanted him to do. For now.

Tned
11-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Me too. I guess the thinking was that even if Hillis has played well the last two weeks, he is still a rookie, and Tatum is a veteran at this point in his career.

BeefStew25
11-16-2008, 05:20 PM
G is writing a novel right now. I can't wait.

G_Money
11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Message for those not named Joe (Joe, you can skip to the end):

I said a few weeks ago, after the abominable Patriots game, that this team was lacking heart.

Since then:

- Hillis has come in and changed games for us. With his receiving, his running, his awareness of what's happening on the field, and his burning desire to make plays, he's been a godsend.

- Woodyard is a tackling machine on defense and Special Teams.

- Larsen just can't shake the FB moniker, but instead of complaining he's embracing it, and today played in all facets of the game, offense, defense and special teams...and played WELL.

- the two of them have helped calm Winborn down apparently. He still showboats, but not as much, and he still makes mistakes like DROPPING INTERCEPTIONS, but he's in the right place more often now. I said playing on the strong side might help him slow down, and it looks like that's happening.

- Bell the rookie CB has played more than adequately, and certainly better than Paymah. Well done for the boy from Baylor.

- Moss has made his way back onto the field, and made some plays.

- Royal has taken over on special teams. In fact, MOST of these guys are our special teams playmakers as well as impactful on their respective sides of the ball.

Our defensive scheme is still awful, btw. If you think this is a case of our defense picking up the scheme and getting better, it's not. We just have better players on the field who can recover when the scheme puts them in the wrong place, or who can read a play and react faster to make up the lost ground. Schemes put players in position to make plays, and players have to make them.

At least we're starting to get the second part down. And filling our defense with second-teamers who believe and play like they should be first-teamers, and our team with rookies who play like veterans, and with passion and determination, seems to be helping.

3 years ago I never EVER thought I would say this, but thank God for our recent draft day work. Without it, we'd be sunk. Now, we have a chance, in this and in future years.

Message for Joe, so he doesn't have to wade through the rest of this:

Thanks man, I think so too. :beer:

~G

G_Money
11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
G is writing a novel right now. I can't wait.

LOL I would never...oh, wait... :tsk:

~G

PatricktheDookie
11-16-2008, 06:22 PM

Before that series, I figured Shanny probably told Tatum that if he fumbled, he'd be out of the league.

Dreadnought
11-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Larsen - Played tough as nails today. Better than Nate Webster
Clady - Ate up John Abraham, and made him a total non-factor
Woodyard - Played smart, tackled well. Better than Boss Bailey
Hillis - Just Wow. This kid needs to be on the field. Always, and including as our 3rd down back.
Royal - I'm getting used to excellence from this kid. Thats a nice feeling.

All this says this was one Hell of a draft. N. Webster and B. Bailey need to ride the pine forever.

On a bad note, Lowry and Manual are heinous. I'm not sure who I hate more. They are the worst safeties in the NFL.

Slick
11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
G was right about Woodyard as well, and he gets cool points for me by throwing a gringo a bone earlier. I had a time finding a link worth a shit today.

BeefStew25
11-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Slick I love you.

Slick
11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
shhh, don't talk. Just hold me.

fcspikeit
11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Cory Lench@#$%^#%$ ( :D ) has contributed too. This looks to have been a great draft for us! I knew i was excited afterward for something, after all we got 5 guys who were on my draft wish list.

The thing isn't so much that there playing at a pro bowl level it's that their not completely sucking it up. I have sadly grown used to expecting that from our defense...

WARHORSE
11-16-2008, 09:22 PM

We can only hope that he did that on his own, not having someone tell him to do so. It would mean he was thinking on his feet.....something we know he struggled with when he was here before.

And I was freakin when they were giving him the ball with the game on the line............I just kept thinking : "HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!!!!"

He got it done, and looked purty good while doin it. Cheers Tatum!:beer:

BeefStew25
11-16-2008, 09:23 PM
War, good win brother. :salute:

BroncoJoe
11-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Message for those not named Joe (Joe, you can skip to the end):

I said a few weeks ago, after the abominable Patriots game, that this team was lacking heart.

Since then:

- Hillis has come in and changed games for us. With his receiving, his running, his awareness of what's happening on the field, and his burning desire to make plays, he's been a godsend.

- Woodyard is a tackling machine on defense and Special Teams.

- Larsen just can't shake the FB moniker, but instead of complaining he's embracing it, and today played in all facets of the game, offense, defense and special teams...and played WELL.

- the two of them have helped calm Winborn down apparently. He still showboats, but not as much, and he still makes mistakes like DROPPING INTERCEPTIONS, but he's in the right place more often now. I said playing on the strong side might help him slow down, and it looks like that's happening.

- Bell the rookie CB has played more than adequately, and certainly better than Paymah. Well done for the boy from Baylor.

- Moss has made his way back onto the field, and made some plays.

- Royal has taken over on special teams. In fact, MOST of these guys are our special teams playmakers as well as impactful on their respective sides of the ball.

Our defensive scheme is still awful, btw. If you think this is a case of our defense picking up the scheme and getting better, it's not. We just have better players on the field who can recover when the scheme puts them in the wrong place, or who can read a play and react faster to make up the lost ground. Schemes put players in position to make plays, and players have to make them.

At least we're starting to get the second part down. And filling our defense with second-teamers who believe and play like they should be first-teamers, and our team with rookies who play like veterans, and with passion and determination, seems to be helping.

3 years ago I never EVER thought I would say this, but thank God for our recent draft day work. Without it, we'd be sunk. Now, we have a chance, in this and in future years.

Message for Joe, so he doesn't have to wade through the rest of this:

Thanks man, I think so too. :beer:

~G

If I was gay, I'd want to marry you.

Oh wait. Wrong thread.

Thanks, ~G. Great post, as usual.

WARHORSE
11-17-2008, 04:41 AM
War, good win brother. :salute:

It did feel pretty good didnt it? :salute::salute:

Retired_Member_001
11-17-2008, 05:24 AM
G is never wrong, never!

If G says that Tatum Bell will become a 2,000 yard rusher, I'll believe him.

tomjonesrocks
11-17-2008, 09:07 AM
On a bad note, Lowry and Manual are heinous. I'm not sure who I hate more. They are the worst safeties in the NFL.

Didn't get Manual banged up? After seeing our other rookies come in and play amazingly well--why not see if Barrett can come in and do the same?

broncofaninfla
11-17-2008, 09:24 AM
This was a great team win. We have our selves a team now and will for some time. I can't ever recall having so many young players making plays for the Broncos. We have a sluggers chance against anybody in the NFL this season and are 4-5 players away from being a dominant team in the future.

Dreadnought
11-17-2008, 10:23 AM
This was a great team win. We have our selves a team now and will for some time. I can't ever recall having so many young players making plays for the Broncos. We have a sluggers chance against anybody in the NFL this season and are 4-5 players away from being a dominant team in the future.

Agreed. This is a fun team to root for. Its not that they're ready for a Superbowl run yet (they're not), its that we are loaded with promise and talented young players it is also easy to like. A few players and another year or two experience and these guys are a Nightmare to play against. This is looking more and more like a Masterful job of assembling this roster over the past three years. Not done by any means, but I'd sure as Hell rather be us than most any other team in the NFL in terms of 2-10 year future prospects.

I think if we make the playoffs it probably means one-and-done. I can live with that, as long as we keep building this thing and gaining experience. And that being said, I would not want to face this team, because as inconsistent as they are they already have flashes and stretches of brilliance. They could easily pull a 96 Jaguars type ambush on a more highly rated playoff team if they are "on" for a day.