PDA

View Full Version : We signed a receiver?

Lancane
07-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Broncos agree to terms with WR David Anderson
By Lindsay Jones
Add a comment
Print Print
Email Email

The Broncos have agreed to terms with former Colorado State wide receiver David Anderson.

Anderson was recently released by the Houston Texans.

A team source confirmed that Anderson had agreed to a contract Saturday afternoon. Anderson himself broke the news on his Twitter account, writing that he was “Already on the move. Next stop??? The Denver Broncos.” Anderson added that he would be flying to Denver tonight.

Anderson played in 12 games for the Texans last year, with one start. He played in all 16 games the previous two years.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/30/broncos-agree-to-terms-with-wr-david-anderson/8465/

Wonder if he can play defensive end as well? :lol:

Edit - We didn't sign him, but agreed to terms...;)

Juriga72
07-30-2011, 06:52 PM
He had a great connection with BVP!!!! SIgn em both for DT....

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 06:59 PM
doubt he makes the team anyway if Willis stays healthy

Lancane
07-30-2011, 07:03 PM
doubt he makes the team anyway if Willis stays healthy

It's not exactly an area we're hurting in, I mean we only have ten or so wideouts signed and already on the roster...must be our weakest position of need right now.

:lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Wow, that was a priority. Whew! I don't know what we'll do without more camp fodder. Xanders and his scouting department are doing a great job!

:coffee:

Lancane
07-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow, that was a priority. Whew! I don't know what we'll do without more camp fodder. Xanders and his scouting department are doing a great job!

Are you really all that surprised HP? I mean seriously?

When your new head coach says what he said today, see my signature...then you know somethings in the water!

PS - Nice Sig Quote! Hahaha...

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
It's not exactly an area we're hurting in, I mean we only have ten or so wideouts signed and already on the roster...must be our weakest position of need right now.

Lloyd, Royal, Decker, Willis, Thomas hurt..., the only legitimate options

some depth during camp never hurts

Lancane
07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
some depth during camp never hurts

Tell that to the defensive line coach! ;)

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Tell that to the defensive line coach! ;)

It's good that Denver isn't running around handing out big contracts to these f/a DT's, DT is a hard position to hit on, I'd rather see them wait for the right one to come along, like Stroud or Warren (since Mebane is out of the picture)

Dzone
07-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Shopping for Free Agents in the bargain basement is going to be the best we can do. Sad but true.

Lancane
07-30-2011, 07:21 PM
It's good that Denver isn't running around handing out big contracts to these f/a DT's, DT is a hard position to hit on, I'd rather see them wait for the right one to come along, like Stroud or Warren (since Mebane is out of the picture)

Waiting is what we're use to and with little hope...

I understand that pure reasoning suggests that caution is equitable, but it can be very costly as well. Think about it this way, Denver shanks on signing any solid first or second tier defensive tackles, they go elsewhere whilst Denver is left with third tier tackles just wanting a job, now expectation would be that they can be coached up, but being Broncos fans we know that when it stinks like shit, looks like shit, well you tend to not want to walk in it because that's what it is! In the end we could be left with a steaming pile of it and no answers in sight for the position.

MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Good for David. War Rams.

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Waiting is what we're use to and with little hope...

I understand that pure reasoning suggests that caution is equitable, but it can be very costly as well. Think about it this way, Denver shanks on signing any solid first or second tier defensive tackles, they go elsewhere whilst Denver is left with third tier tackles just wanting a job, now expectation would be that they can be coached up, but being Broncos fans we know that when it stinks like shit, looks like shit, well you tend to not want to walk in it because that's what it is! In the end we could be left with a steaming pile of it and no answers in sight for the position.

Completely agree that Denver is desperate for a DT, but their cap situation is a mess right now, with Orton somehow still around

Anderson barely makes a dent cap wise, where as a DT would cause a major hit

Agent of Orange
07-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Ive seen this guy play. He's actually good. Underrated I think. I also dont think its safe to assume that Willis is better.

SpringsBroncoFan
07-30-2011, 07:31 PM

Given your post & the thread title, when I read the Fox quote my first thought was that Fox meant that Xanders had no magic in his wand. :shocked: :eek:

Superchop 7
07-30-2011, 07:33 PM
I am on the edge of my seat with all these breathtaking moves.....

Lancane
07-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Completely agree that Denver is desperate for a DT, but their cap situation is a mess right now, with Orton somehow still around

Anderson barely makes a dent cap wise, where as a DT would cause a major hit

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm all for cutting Orton's ass, we can even sign Delhomme to give Coach Fox a some peace of mind. Hell, I don't care if Quinn beats out Tebow for the starting spot, just get it done. We need the space and we don't need 'Horton'.

As of right now that's what we're looking at, we have to wait till next Thursday to get signatures on contracts, whilst other teams can get em' signed now - leaving players to want to get under contract and play, leaving us in a lurch, even worse then we are now.

Okoye might sign with us, if we can get a contract under his nose...but if we can not then Houston or Dallas does, why come here when they'll get him signed and on the field?

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm all for cutting Orton's ass, we can even sign Delhomme to give Coach Fox a some peace of mind. Hell, I don't care if Quinn beats out Tebow for the starting spot, just get it done. We need the space and we don't need 'Horton'.

As of right now that's what we're looking at, we have to wait till next Thursday to get signatures on contracts, whilst other teams can get em' signed now - leaving players to want to get under contract and play, leaving us in a lurch, even worse then we are now.

Okoye might sign with us, if we can get a contract under his nose...but if we can not then Houston or Dallas does, why come here when they'll get him signed and on the field?

The Miami/Denver trade is far from over imo, and there is a high possibility Denver could be trying to get Randy Starks -- a very good D lineman -- in the deal. That could explain the Broncos' not pursuing a DT very actively.

Lancane
07-30-2011, 07:41 PM
The Miami/Denver trade is far from over imo, and there is a high possibility Denver could be trying to get Randy Starks -- a very good D lineman -- in the deal. That could explain the Broncos' not pursuing a DT very actively.

That's what I was hoping for before, a straight trade Orton for Starks, but unless Miami is willing to give Orton the contract he wants, then it's all for nothing. We can not bank on a maybe, that's when will get stuck holding our Johnsons' in our hands and have nothing to show for it. The fans don't care about maybe's and could have's...

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 07:43 PM
That's what I was hoping for before, a straight trade Orton for Starks, but unless Miami is willing to give Orton the contract he wants, then it's all for nothing. We can not bank on a maybe, that's when will get stuck holding our Johnsons' in our hands and have nothing to show for it. The fans don't care about maybe's and could have's...

Miami is playing the cap game, well aware that Denver needs to dump cap and is waiting for the chance to pick up a cut Orton. Miami doesn't want to pay for what they can get for free (well, without giving up a trade). Denver is trying to show them they are ready to keep him around

Dzone
07-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Maybe Elway and fox are pretty happy with Vickerson and Thomas

Lancane
07-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Miami is playing the cap game, well aware that Denver needs to dump cap and is waiting for the chance to pick up a cut Orton. Miami doesn't want to pay for what they can get for free (well, without giving up a trade). Denver is trying to show them they are ready to keep him around

I could only pray and hope...

Dzone
07-30-2011, 07:46 PM

Yep. Theyre playing poker

Lancane
07-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Maybe Elway and fox are pretty happy with Vickerson and Thomas

They can't even seem to get Thomas under contract...though according to Mike Klis the team is working overtime to get Thomas under contract! Who the hell knows at this point. I would be happy if they signed Okoye and re-signed Thomas...it would look more promising then what we are looking at.

spikerman
07-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Prepare yourselves for the mid to late season press conference where the Denver front office and coaches are shocked, shocked to find that they still can't stop the run. That's about the time we'll get the quote that, "We have the talent, we just have to get it together" or something similar.

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Jamal Williams is still out there as a worst-case, if anything he's better than what we have right now, even if all he has to do is take up space

spikerman
07-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Jamal Williams is still out there as a worst-case, if anything he's better than what we have right now, even if all he has to do is take up space

That's not saying much. If I gained 100 lbs, I'd be better than what's on the roster right now.

Canmore
07-30-2011, 07:57 PM
They can't even seem to get Thomas under contract...though according to Mike Klis the team is working overtime to get Thomas under contract! Who the hell knows at this point. I would be happy if they signed Okoye and re-signed Thomas...it would look more promising then what we are looking at.

We're looking at a very bare cupboard. Who do we have? We've got Vickerson and two UDFAs. I think I'm missing somebody but that is the quality of our rotation at this point. Supposedly we are trying to re-sign Marcus Thomas but... I'm really dissappointed. We need help in the worst way. :tsk:

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 07:59 PM
That's not saying much. If I gained 100 lbs, I'd be better than what's on the roster right now.

Brady Quinn should do that, so he isn't completely useless

spikerman
07-30-2011, 08:00 PM
We're looking at a very bare cupboard. Who do we have? We've got Vickerson and two UDFAs. I think I'm missing somebody but that is the quality of our rotation at this point. Supposedly we are trying to re-sign Marcus Thomas but... I'm really dissappointed. We need help in the worst way. :tsk:

Fear not and rest assured that the front office is diligently scouring the market for available DE's and TE's as we speak.

FanInAZ
07-30-2011, 08:06 PM

If Miami is 1-3 (assuming that they beat Cleveland) going into their bye week, they may be more willing to make a trade.

dogfish
07-30-2011, 08:27 PM
i like anderson, he's a great #4/#5 type who can contribute when called on. . . this is the type of inexpensive addition that really improves your depth at a position. . .

not exactly a power move, though, and it is frustrating to realize that depth moves (and maybe a low-odds reclamation project or two) are about all we're going to get accomplished when we're still lacking quality starters at both DT spots and right cornerback. . .

TXBRONC
07-30-2011, 08:32 PM
If Miami is 1-3 (assuming that they beat Cleveland) going into their bye week, they may be more willing to make a trade.

There was article Tned brought in from a beat writer in Miami and said Henne hasn't looked very good in camp. If the Dolphins are still interested like I've been hearing we might need to wait that long.

Lancane
07-30-2011, 08:33 PM
There was article Tned brought in from a beat writer in Miami and said Henne hasn't looked very good in camp. If the Dolphins are still interested like I've been hearing we might need to wait that long.

They better hurry the hell up, we need the cap space or we'll be fielding defensive tackles the quality of a semi-pro or arena league team! Seriously! :laugh:

dogfish
07-30-2011, 08:50 PM
They better hurry the hell up, we need the cap space or we'll be fielding defensive tackles the quality of a semi-pro or arena league team! Seriously! :laugh:

hey, at least we've still got room under the cap for the league's most expensive long snapper. . . .

:heh:

wouldn't want to get by with third-rate players at that type of crucial spot!

there was a rumor on the mane that we could get amon gordon back. . . :D

Lancane
07-30-2011, 08:56 PM
hey, at least we've still got room under the cap for the league's most expensive long snapper. . . .

:heh:

wouldn't want to get by with third-rate players at that type of crucial spot!

there was a rumor on the mane that we could get amon gordon back. . . :D

I wonder if we promised a special veterans compensation package if we could get Keith Traylor and Mike Lodish to come out of retirement for a season?...talent, even well-aged talent would be better at this point!

:confused:

BroncoStud
07-30-2011, 09:57 PM
We should have fired Xanders and hired someone who doesn't suck. This offseason is a lesson in how to get schooled in free agency.

Still not a DT on the rosther who isn't horrible...

I hope Orton is able to put up more points this year or it could be worse than last.