PDA

View Full Version : Hill Released

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2011, 05:47 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The roster moves continued for the Broncos on Saturday, as the club released veteran safety Renaldo Hill.

rest of article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Hill-Released/a47e75bc-d1c3-4074-880f-8a5c8ffd4f17

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Well that means Moore or Carter may have locked up a starting spot already and frees up about $2.5 mil of cap room I believe.

Youth movement! Now, go sign Okoye!

Tned
07-30-2011, 05:53 PM

RT @JosinaAnderson Renaldo Hill via cell: "They just told me they had to make some decisions. They said they want to bring in an extra running back, and that they've got some rookie talent at the position. They wish they had more time to evaluate me, but that's the way it goes. They told me around the lunch time break. It's alright man. I can respect that. Things will work out." ---Renaldo Hill #Broncos

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 05:56 PM
From what I hear, the money we get back from Hill is almost exactly what we need to pick up Okoye off waivers. All he needs to do now is clear Carolina and we have him if we want him...

:fingerscrossed: :pray:

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Anyone know how much we'd save cutting Dick Quinn's sorry ass? Nate Jones? Russ Hochstein? Lonnie Paxton I know would save us well over a mil.

Every major news outlet keeps saying we're tight against the cap and that's why we're not making moves but we sure are carrying a TON of dead weight on this roster.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Looks like we'll probably use the hill money to go after Hatcher and Fells.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/29647/broncos-struggling-with-cap-issues

The Denver Broncos still have an interest in St. Louis tight end Daniel Fells and Dallas defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, but they are tight against the salary cap and it might stall the team’s attempt to sign them, according to an NFL source close to the situation.

The Broncos wanted to sign both players on their visits Friday, but didn’t have the cap room to do it. The Broncos have other priorities and want to make sure they can sign those players first. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Friday that Denver agreed to terms with running back Willis McGahee. But that deal is not final because of Denver’s cap situation.

NorCalBronco7
07-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Good. I never liked him.

Lancane
07-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Anyone know how much we'd save cutting Dick Quinn's sorry ass? Nate Jones? Russ Hochstein? Lonnie Paxton I know would save us well over a mil.

Every major news outlet keeps saying we're tight against the cap and that's why we're not making moves but we sure are carrying a TON of dead weight on this roster.

Let's see...

Kyle Orton (Cut his ass - do it damn it!)
Perrish Cox (Need I say more?)
Russ Hochstein (Get McDuh's leftovers away from this team!)
Nate Jones (See Hochstein...)
Richard Quinn (Simply because he sucks!)
Lonnie Paxton (See Hochstein and Jones...)

See it's not that hard Xanders, with those cuts you can sign a few defensive tackles, a veteran tailback like McGahee and even bring in Delhomme (To Please Fox) and to compete. Hell, we could probably add a long-snapper and tight-end in the mix as well!

Superchop 7
07-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Long snappers get the NFL minimum for veterans......at least Leach got you a few tackles and could back up the TE position. How long did they have to get the cap figured out?.......puhleese......

frauschieze
07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Cutting Paxton is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all off season. It would be no better of a decision than signing him was in the first place. He's one of the best at the position and cutting him saves 1.25 mil in cap space, at most, with at most 1 mil being salary. Peanuts. Don't know what league minimum is now, but it used to be 875K. Add a signing bonus and workout incentives and how does this save us money?

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

P.S. I can't believe I'm defending that jackass. :smh:

Tned
07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Year in and year out, people fail to understand how valuable a good long snapper is.

Lancane
07-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Year in and year out, people fail to understand how valuable a good long snapper is.

I value him, I do...I really do...

But I value the F'n needs we have elsewhere more. :D

TXBRONC
07-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Cutting Paxton doesn't mean they wont turn around and re-sign at a lower price.

Tned
07-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I value him, I do...I really do...

But I value the F'n needs we have elsewhere more. :D

That's because you don't get it.

Lancane
07-30-2011, 08:35 PM
That's because you don't get it.

Tned, I'm being a smartass...

I understand the need, I really don't expect them to cut Paxton...Horton on the other hand!

;)

SR
07-30-2011, 09:55 PM
At this point in time, my expectations are extremely low and I am looking forward to screaming "WHAT THE ****?!" at my TV multiple times during each Broncos game this season.

Nomad
07-30-2011, 11:50 PM
At this point in time, my expectations are extremely low and I am looking forward to screaming "WHAT THE ****?!" at my TV multiple times during each Broncos game this season.

our long time friend, "dog", told me I was 'lucky' because I was complaining living up here and not ND (where I saw at least 9 games a year) and I would see very few BRONCO games.

Sneakers hook me up with links this year:lol: :beer:

sneakers
07-31-2011, 12:54 AM
Good. I never liked him.

Hey never liked you either! :shocked:

nevcraw
07-31-2011, 01:01 AM
truth be told i have more memories of kenoy kenedy.

Nomad
07-31-2011, 01:07 AM

Funny!!

FanInAZ
07-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Cutting Paxton is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all off season. It would be no better of a decision than signing him was in the first place. He's one of the best at the position and cutting him saves 1.25 mil in cap space, at most, with at most 1 mil being salary. Peanuts. Don't know what league minimum is now, but it used to be 875K. Add a signing bonus and workout incentives and how does this save us money?

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

P.S. I can't believe I'm defending that ****. :smh:

I remember how upset you were when McD got rid of our previous long snapper. Now your defending a guy that you didn’t want in the 1st place because you liked his predecessor more. :laugh:

Lonestar
07-31-2011, 04:17 AM
I remember how upset you were when McD got rid of our previous long snapper. Now your defending a guy that you didn’t want in the 1st place because you liked his predecessor more. :laugh:

Amazing concept that some one could actually change their mind on A subject after thinking it through and getting over the emotional part.

LS is a vital job and if you have a good one yiu keep them. Iirc the difference over a four year time frame was a shade under 700k since leach was due for a new contract in a year anyway.

I always liked ML because he was stellar inn punt coverage almaof always down field near the ball carrier.

I have also noticed the new guy down there also. So all is well on the LS front

SoCalImport
07-31-2011, 07:33 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18588407?source=rss

"veteran starter Brian Dawkins renegotiated his contract to stay with the Broncos."

I hadn't heard this before. Guess it happened or at least wa sannounced last month.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/21/brian-dawkins-says-hell-take-a-paycut-to-return-to-denver/

sorry for the hiJack.

keithbishop
07-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Amazing concept that some one could actually change their mind on A subject after thinking it through and getting over the emotional part.

LS is a vital job and if you have a good one yiu keep them. Iirc the difference over a four year time frame was a shade under 700k since leach was due for a new contract in a year anyway.

I always liked ML because he was stellar inn punt coverage almaof always down field near the ball carrier.

I have also noticed the new guy down there also. So all is well on the LS front

Absolutely. The plan becomes clearer. Name 1 championship team that DIDN'T begin with the triangle formation : Great LT , Great CB and Great LS. It's all downhill from there. ;)

NorCalBronco7
07-31-2011, 12:26 PM

LMAO who the **** are you? Funny, you have a pic of Colbert for your sig but you coudnt even think of a clever dig, clown shoes.