PDA

View Full Version : u29 Sat camp report.

underrated29
07-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Ok, I saw some familiar faces there. But none were from this board so I wont go into detail on it. Sadly, someone who must have eaten a sh** burrito for breakfast was sitting in front of me. And they were busting out the nastiest farts. I have a strong stomach but I had to move. Because of this I lost my players number sheet. Which means that some of this will be based off players numbers not names. Once again, sorry. Also sorry for the delay on the report.

For those who dont know. I try to put my bias aside as much as possible and I tend to grade harder on the players I like. So this should be as accurate as possible.
Lets go.

Rusty- That is the theme of todays camp. Everyone looked rusty. As to be expected but still. Things got better near the end though and that was nice to see. I will go through the positions I focused soley on and then kind of do a brief summary of everything else.

QBs- They all started out rusty. Tim and Kyle were rarely seen together, and Kyle was joking around with most of the first teamers- lloyd and such. Kyle, as we all know is the best QB on the team. He gets his reads really quickly now. I see a vast improvement in his game on this aspect as compared to last year. He also throws the most accurate ball and for the most part a nice tight spiral. From my angle it was hard to see a lot of the QB drills, but I was able to see some good parts. They started off by throwing to the RBs then to the TEs and then the WR- (thats what I could not see was the wr)....Anyway, kyle had good throws and completed most of them on the mark. Buuuuut- when they started doing the 7v7 drills and he was hurried and what not- It brough back those all too vivid memmories of fetal orton. When no one is in his face and hurrying him he is money. When he doesnt have time or is going to get hit. He struggles.

Quinn- Brady still throws a good ball, and also is pretty accurate. He made a nice read in the 7v7 with a quick in route to 81 but really he is quinn and we know he sucks. They are definitely giving brady all the opportunites to win the job though. He and Kyle were running with the ones and two a lot! But he did not do so well.

Weber- I am really really impressed with this kid. For a rookie he is doing great. He is just kinda going with the flow. He throws perhaps the best ball imo. Very nice tight spiral and on almost all of the throws I saw nice on target. He also has tremendous zip on his passes. Very fast. I like it. He is still a rookie though, and only PS material as of right now. But when you remember he is a rookie, he does impress. Nice signing here.

Jesus- His footwork is still terrible, he has the slowest release of all the qbs too. His looping motion though is not nearly what it used to be. That has gotten a lot more compact. Tebow was the most innacurate passer today. But I noticed something interesting about him. He seems to need to make a throw to an area first. And that area it will either be wide, or short or too high. But on the next throw he is right on the money, or hitting the wr in stride. Not sure if anyone else picked up on this, but i found it peculiar. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Tim holds the ball too long still but I could see his eyes perfectly from where I was and he was scanning the field quickly. So his progressions are better. I think the holding teh ball comes from not being comfortbale in the system and therefore not getting the pass out when he should resulting in the wr to no longer be open etc etc... The coaches kept telling Tebow to stop thinking and trying to look and act the part and just play. I think they realize that Tebow is a gamer and just needs to release the fury and not try to be that ideal pocket man. Just my opinion.

As of now, I rank the QBs as if we were starting like this
orton, tebow, quinn, weber (not much of a surprise i know)

RBs

If there was a winner of TC today it would be Lendale white. For anyone wanting to cut him or think his acl is done. Think again. I had the RB protection drills infront of me for like 15 min. RB vs LB- had to protect the QB...Lendale owned his guy everytime. With ease almost. By far the best at pass pro. He nixed joe mays like no ones business. He also hit the hole hard and made some good runs. There was even a nice catch in there. As long as he stays healthy and plays like he did today we are going to be money with him. I am very surprised and very excited to see if he keeps it up. I noticed that when he ran he also stayed right up on the hips of the FB a lot more than the other RBs did. Dont know what that means but he was real close to the FBs.

Knowshon- Did his usual tripsy doosy over the feet again. I do not see that he is faster with his less weight, but he does seem to have a little more spring in his step. That was noticable. Knowshon struggles with pass pro, he got beat once good by 57 or 52 couldnt tell. He was pissed so he stayed there to take the next guy on- Joe mays. Same result, knowshon got in the way but really it was no contest. Mays sacked the QB. Knowshon was the starter though for most everything and he still looked good. He runs real nice routes which I had not seen before. He also as we know has great hands. He did drop a pass from Orton (that was behind him) however i felt knowshon should have looked for teh pass earlier. had he done that he probably could have adjusted to the ball. I think partially he did not look is because Kyle never throws to the RB, like ever. There was one time where the D messed up and had kyle looked over at knowshon noone was there and it would have been a huge gain. Kyle still focuses on his first read a lot. forgot to mention that. Knowshon did have some sexy runs though in the 7v7. Real sexy runs, he had the best run of the day. Knowshon has not lost his power though, and he is cut. Got his autograph. He finished off a run right into Qcarter and popped him hard. had it been live I think he would have dropped carter and kept going.

37- I think this is jermiah johnson, but not sure. Quick little guy, great route runner. A little nervous. He did not get the ball as much where I could see. had some nice runs and a couple sexy cutbacks and jukes. I wish I had more to report on him, but I couldnt see him very well.

42- I think this was fannin because he was a BIG guy, not a chunk like lendale but big. He had one run that i remember but the rest was more or less unspectacular. He was running with the 3rd teamers.

ball- they featured him a lot with the 2s and 3s. I am still just not a big fan of his skills. He made some plays, but really- eh However, he was working ahead of most the other guys and did get a lot of reps. So obviously the coaches see something. Me personally, I would probably stick him 4th and see what the young guns have. Ball did have a real nice stiff arm on a guy.

Rbs right now
konwshon, lendale, ball, 37, 42

Von Miller-

If there was a defensive winner of TC it was him. Normally I am not a fan of "speed" rushers, because they usually turn out like jarvis moss. All speed, no skill etc. But Dayum! That dude can flat out get after the QB. He has a move we use in hockey where you dip your shoulder and it was impossible to defend against...he was going up against....I forgot- sorry, the TEs, yes the TEs I remember. He came in on the guy tried to take him outside and then BAM!! he just dropped his shoulder and dipped. It was SOOO fast. I mean it. I see this move in hockey multiple times a game but this was IMPRESSIVE! Doom does not do anything close to this fast. He is going to Burn some people this year. Its not necessarily that he is fast but his dip move from start of the dip to finish and past the guy is micro seconds. Just pop down and up and gone. He also had some nice spin moves and did well on his coverage when he knew where he was supposed to be. Von did seem lost out there a lot though. he was moved around a lot and like clay mathews his main job is to get after the QB or RB...not go in coverage. He does, but a lot of the time hes on the line ready to go.

Nate jackson- He is still on the team and he still sucks. SUCKS!! The crowd gave him a cheer because he caused a fumble. But what happened was 89 the TE caught the ball beat him and other peeps and ran down the field. 89 then was slowing up to come back to the play and nate punched the ball out. 89 still went after it, but rest assured had it been real life. Nate would not have caught him or got the ball. He needs to get cut.

29- I hope this guy is not rahim moore because he also FLAT OUT SUCKED TODAY. Worse than Nate jackson. he was getting beat all over the field. I could not tell if he was a CB or S, but everyone owned him. He is not making the team whoever he is (even if its moore) he was that bad.

Joe mays was starting MLB cuz DJ was out for some reason..he looked healthy so I dont know. Joe is ok as a MLB, he gets beat in coverage, as we all know but did some good stuff against the run. He does know the defense though and has good command of the team. he also helped Von and Carter get into position.

Robert Ayers- and the DL--they were all getting jumpy on the hard count and going offsides. Ayers was doing nothing as a DE. NOthing. So sad. I had hope. He did get two solid pressures for sacks but it was against 67 and I do not know who that is, so I can only assume it is a rookie or UDFA.

Random thoughts and things I noticed.
-we are bringing a lot of Saftey blitzes and carter was down in the box a lot.
- david bruton would have had a sack on orton, but couldnt hit him and orton threw a long pass for a big gain. despite the fact he was sacked.

- champ did his thang, although one of champs ints lloyd gave up, i think because he knew orton was sacked. Lloyd didnt even make a move. so imo it doesnt count.

- eddie royal i think is firmly the #2 wr.
-decker did look good though, real good, but not eddie good.
- We are using a lot of FBs, which I really like. I think it helps too.

-TE #82 has stone hands. He sucked today. Not impressive
-TE #81- I think is big dick, he blocked good, hands were so so
-TE-#89 was very impressive!! He had all his catches, did good in blocking and ran nice routes. I think he is our starter, but I dont know who he is.
-TE-#80 was on and off. Easy drops, then makes easy catch, blocking was average.

Id rank the TEs like this:
89,81, 80, 82

There you have it. If you have questions ask away....

DenBronx
07-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the update bro. It's good for us guys who dont live in the area and cant make it to the public training camps.

underrated29
07-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the update bro. It's good for us guys who dont live in the area and cant make it to the public training camps.

Anytime. I enjoy doing it. I like to see how close I am seeing things compared to others. and compared to how the team sees them.

WARHORSE
07-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Thank you U29!!

I appreciate the time and effort! Awesome!

Lonestar
07-30-2011, 03:50 PM
:salute: to you glad we have real eyes on the field ..

keep up the good work..

MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Two things...the writers were raving about the rookie tight end yesterday (Thomas, I think)...did you see him?

And WTF? The guy with the nasty farts cause you to lose the player/number chart? That needs explaining...

Lonestar
07-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Two things...the writers were raving about the rookie tight end yesterday (Thomas, I think)...did you see him?

And WTF? The guy with the nasty farts cause you to lose the player/number chart? That needs explaining...

probably caught on fire..

MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 03:56 PM
OK, saw the TE part. I guess I missed that, my bad. I think 80 is the one the writers were swooning over yesterday.

underrated29
07-30-2011, 04:04 PM

80 was just so so today imo. 89 stole the show!

and when i got up to get away from fart factory I left my chart there on accident. When i realized I lost it it was too late, had i moved back i would have lost my new place.

Bugs Baloney
07-30-2011, 04:04 PM
thanks for the sideline view! :salute:

nice to hear our first round pick is practicing like one should...

#89 is Virgil Green | #80 Julius Thomas | #82 Dan Gronkowski | #81 Richard Quinn

SoCalImport
07-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Great read. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I like what you have to say about L.White. Who know's maybe we get our first round talent RB outta him.

If there was a winner of TC today it would be Lendale white. For anyone wanting to cut him or think his acl is done. Think again. I had the RB protection drills infront of me for like 15 min. RB vs LB- had to protect the QB...Lendale owned his guy everytime. With ease almost. By far the best at pass pro. He nixed joe mays like no ones business. He also hit the hole hard and made some good runs.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the report u29 - I am so glad to read what you posted about LenDale - with him being born/raised in Denver, I am so wanting him to make the team this year. I thought he did well last year, until he got injured.

Superchop 7
07-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Rahim Moore had a bad day? Hard to believe ! (President of Rahim Moore fan club)

DenBronx
07-30-2011, 04:22 PM
#29 is Chevis Jackson.

So, that's good news that it's not Raheem Moore because I have high expectations for the kid.

underrated29
07-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Rahim Moore had a bad day? Hard to believe ! (President of Rahim Moore fan club)

Nah, it wasnt moore.

It was chevis jackson. And he was terrible.

Dzone
07-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Good info. Thanks.

DenBronx
07-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the report u29 - I am so glad to read what you posted about LenDale - with him being born/raised in Denver, I am so wanting him to make the team this year. I thought he did well last year, until he got injured.

I'm actually more excited about Lendale White then anyone we have on our roster, even McGahee if he is truly a Bronco. White just runs tough and is GREAT at the goal line...count it money for a touchdown if he gets the rock on a goaline situation.

DenBronx
07-30-2011, 04:30 PM
I wonder why they are not posting highlights of practices on the main website anymore?

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Nate jackson- He is still on the team and he still sucks. SUCKS!! The crowd gave him a cheer because he caused a fumble. But what happened was 89 the TE caught the ball beat him and other peeps and ran down the field. 89 then was slowing up to come back to the play and nate punched the ball out. 89 still went after it, but rest assured had it been real life. Nate would not have caught him or got the ball. He needs to get cut.

29- I hope this guy is not rahim moore because he also FLAT OUT SUCKED TODAY. Worse than Nate jackson. he was getting beat all over the field. I could not tell if he was a CB or S, but everyone owned him. He is not making the team whoever he is (even if its moore) he was that bad.

You mean Nate Jones? Nate Jackson was our 3rd TE from Menlo college for awhile during the Shanny era...

If you're talking about Jones then yeah, he's awful.

#29 is Chevis Jackson a FA CB we brought in at the end of the year last year who never suited up - camp fodder. Moore is #26 and Carter is #28 (I have a lot of hope for them, especially Carter)

Thanks for the update, UR. I LOL'd at the part about you having to move cause someone had the farts... :lol:

underrated29
07-30-2011, 04:42 PM
You mean Nate Jones? Nate Jackson was our 3rd TE from Menlo college for awhile during the Shanny era...

If you're talking about Jones then yeah, he's awful.

#29 is Chevis Jackson a FA CB we brought in at the end of the year last year who never suited up - camp fodder. Moore is #26 and Carter is #28 (I have a lot of hope for them, especially Carter)

Thanks for the update, UR. I LOL'd at the part about you having to move cause someone had the farts... :lol:

yeah its who i meant. because i dont write anything down, i go all off of memory I try to get it on paper as soon as I can and then go back and fill in. I have somewhat photographic memory but not legitmately and so I got the nates mixed up. Both of them suck though!

my phone was dead, but I plan next time to provide updates while I am there for you guys who cant go.

And seriously they were like the worst farts EVAH! So bad, and non stop.

dogfish
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
were there any hot chicks there?

sneakers
07-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I like how you called Tebow "Jesus".

MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 05:08 PM
U, from your account, it sounds like Tebow looks like the worst "Quarterback" on the roster?

Dzone
07-30-2011, 05:21 PM
I heard Adam Weber is looking sharp and might be moving up...We got QB controversy at 1, 2 ,3 and 4:laugh:

chazoe60
07-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm kinda rooting for Quinn.

Anyone but Orton really.

TheDave
07-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Sadly, someone who must have eaten a sh** burrito for breakfast was sitting in front of me. And they were busting out the nastiest farts. I have a strong stomach but I had to move.

Yeah, sorry 'bout that.

Jesus- His footwork is still terrible, he has the slowest release of all the qbs too. His looping motion though is not nearly what it used to be. That has gotten a lot more compact. Tebow was the most innacurate passer today... Tim holds the ball too long still but I could see his eyes perfectly from where I was and he was scanning the field quickly. So his progressions are better. I think the holding teh ball comes from not being comfortbale in the system and therefore not getting the pass out when he should resulting in the wr to no longer be open etc etc...

FWIW, I completely agree with the above. From my vantage point (I was back in the endzone for most of the day) Tebow looked nothing like a pro QB today. Really disheartening since I'm hoping this kid turns into something.

Obviously these are 7 on 7 and simple passing drills where Orton seems to shine, but the difference between the 2 of them (on this day) was striking.

underrated29
07-30-2011, 05:40 PM
were there any hot chicks there?

Nope, but I wasnt really looking either.

U, from your account, it sounds like Tebow looks like the worst "Quarterback" on the roster?

nah, I probably graded him harder and pointed out more of his flaws, but in my ranking i still had him at 2 i believe. Weber looks good but he is a rook and for a rook i am impressed. But he is no where near quinn or tebow.

Quinn did not look half bad, i know the OM guys think he looked real good/best. Im not so sure. Quinn stood tall in the pocket and had nice accuracy and zip which he always does. But when the bodies start flying he struggles, like Orton. Quinn did have a good day though. And tebow when he is just playing the game looks great. He had a few scrambles or two that none can match. But when he is trying to replicate Kyle, 3 step and out, with short delivery, perfect feet and whatnot he, he just struggles badly. But when he does his own thing and makes it work he does that. He makes it work and I personally believe that we will see him outscore all our other QBs in preseason because he flat out gets it done. And IMO thats all we should care about. But since I am doing a critque write up thing, I feel I should share all the bad stuff he needs to work on.

Does that kinda make sense?:confused: Im no journalist or anything, just enjoying the game and doing my part to bring it to you guys who cant see it as much as I can through the eyes of a coach or scout and not a fan.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-30-2011, 06:26 PM
hope you don't mind u29, but since this article is in regards to today's camp, thought it would fit with yours.

Here is a summary of today's happenings at Broncos training camp:

Highlight of the day: For much of training camp last year it was easy to tell left tackle Ryan Clady was not 100 percent back from offseason knee surgery. So smooth during his Pro Bowl season in '09 — just his second year in the league — 2010 was difficult at times as he tried to regain full strength in the knee.

Clady has looked far more comfortable and balanced this time around, showing the athleticism, the reach and the movement skills to deal with the pass rushers that come his way. He's been consistently strong in rush drills thus far.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18585843

sneakers
07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm kinda rooting for Quinn.

Anyone but Orton really.

Yeah you gotta cheer for quinn, because how he has handled himself in his career, never hear him complain, and he is leading guys in teh offseason and during this last lockout.

FanInAZ
07-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Glad to hear enough positives about our O that we can hope to put up some solid point totals every week. Good to hear Tebow is improving, even though it does sound like he still needs more work. It also sounds good that we haven't traded Orton yet, we might need him for one more season. As far as our D, sounds like we better get it together and fast because I don't want to be looking up at the Raiders again this year.

RebelRocker
07-30-2011, 07:28 PM
I heard Adam Weber is looking sharp and might be moving up...We got QB controversy at 1, 2 ,3 and 4:laugh:

I hope so. I'm rooting for the kid.

TXBRONC
07-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the report U29. It's not surprising Orton looks good in practice because he generally does look good in practice.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 11:33 PM
What always makes me giggle is that the guys wear their names on big stickers on their helmets. I can understand the new guys and the UDFAs and such, but if someone needs to look at the name tag to know who Champ, or Orton, or Tebow is and can't just tell by their number, they probably shouldn't be working there...

Dzone
07-30-2011, 11:36 PM
wow, so its been Orton, Quinn then Tebow , at least in practice performance. Cant wait for that dallas PS game on august 12

chazoe60
07-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Yeah you gotta cheer for quinn, because how he has handled himself in his career, never hear him complain, and he is leading guys in teh offseason and during this last lockout.

In college I always thought he was a dose, it was just an impression I got. He seemed like the typical "pretty boy" QB. But, I gained huge respect for him with the way he handled falling in the draft even though he was there on camera and obviously disappointed he handled it like a champ. I also think he's a guy who could surprise some people. He's got talent and a good attitude.

Dzone
07-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Ya, we could have worse qbs than brady quinn on the roster. Its good to see him doing good. I hope he can beat out Orton. I think he can do it. He is strong enough to extend plays, Orton is not.

Dzone
07-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Brady Quinns sister, Laura, is married to Green Bay LB AJ Hawk. Just in case anyone cared...LOL

sneakers
07-31-2011, 12:40 AM

He should be used to throwing to Decker at least.

RebelRocker
07-31-2011, 01:46 AM
He should be used to throwing to Decker at least.

Yeah, that's a plus. Look at this way, if push came to shove and he was forced into the starting line up down the road, he could easily run our base offense and be able to open up the passing game because of his well established chemistry with Decker.