MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Per PFT, Warren is visiting Denver.

Ravage!!!
07-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Hmm... just what we need, another DE?

Ziggy
07-30-2011, 02:29 PM
He's a DT in a 4-3, and is far more talented than any of the ones currently on the roster.

NorCalBronco7
07-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Another 43 UT. I hope they are looking for a solid NT too.

I love Ty Warren. Sign him!

WTE
07-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Warren is so good Belichick chose Haynesworth over him.

DenBronx
07-30-2011, 02:51 PM

Can you at least give us a break down of the guy?

We all know Haynesworth is one of the best in the league WHEN he doesnt pout.

But, what about Warren? Is he a locker room guy? A backup/rotational player? Can he stuff the run or more of a rushing DT?

Ravage!!!
07-30-2011, 03:01 PM

Hmmm.. weird that someone would take a chance on the best DT in the NFL over someone else. I also remember Belicheck releasing/letting go/trading a lot of really good players and replacing them with lesser cost bodies. :lol:

Bugs Baloney
07-30-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/player/tywarren/2505501/profile

NorCalBronco7
07-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Can you at least give us a break down of the guy?

We all know Haynesworth is one of the best in the league WHEN he doesnt pout.

But, what about Warren? Is he a locker room guy? A backup/rotational player? Can he stuff the run or more of a rushing DT?

Warren is definitely a penetrating UT in a 43. Hes solid against the run but hes a better pass rusher.

CoachChaz
07-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Im all for bringing in another Aggie. I think his career could be resurrected going back to a DT in a 4-3. Probably wont light the world on fire, but he's solid

DenBronx
07-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Warren is definitely a penetrating UT in a 43. Hes solid against the run but hes a better pass rusher.

Could be interesting with Dume on one side and Ayers on the other, then bring a guy like Von Miller as a rushing LB. That would be alot of pressure on a QB.

And clearly my fellow Bronco fans know more about Warren then WTE.

broncofaninfla
07-30-2011, 03:40 PM

I've read that NE is switching to the 4/3 and felt Haynesworth was a better fit

horsepig
07-30-2011, 03:41 PM
His bio shows a long time starter with very consistent numbers and good size. I'm all for it.

Lancane
07-30-2011, 03:44 PM
According to PFT we've had a lot of visits, just for some odd reason we can not come to terms with those who've visited!

FanInAZ
07-30-2011, 03:44 PM

Belichick and his disciples haven't been nearly the coaching gurus they were before they got caught cheating.

CoachChaz
07-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Warren got cut because of a year an a half of injuries negging him and he'll be replaced by a complete cancer that struggles to pass a physical. Where is NE making such a great choice here?

Not to mention...odds are good that Warren goes home and plays for Dallas or Houston in a 3-4

MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 04:26 PM
@PostBroncos Blog: Broncos make contact with DT Okoye http://dpo.st/nmgm2R #broncos

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Cool, another DT who would be an instant upgrade over anyone on the roster...

That means there's no way in hell we sign him.

:coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 04:42 PM
@PostBroncos Blog: Broncos make contact with DT Okoye http://dpo.st/nmgm2R #broncos

I'd take him at this point. Hell, I'd take Justin Bannan back at this point.

Actually, I'd take Joe Shit the Rag Man right now. We have nobody to play DT.

MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 04:43 PM

I'd take him at this point. Hell, I'd take Justin Bannan back at this point.

Actually, I'd take Joe Shit the Rag Man right now. We have nobody to play DT.

Bannan signed with the Rams.

DenBronx
07-30-2011, 04:43 PM
According to PFT we've had a lot of visits, just for some odd reason we can not come to terms with those who've visited!

I think we can get future commitments but nothing can be official until Thursday when the 17 mill in dead cap falls off for 2011.

But the bad news is that it will go against the 2012 cap from what I've been reading. I would almost think it would be better to eat alot of that this year because clearly we are not targeting anyone good in free agnecy anyway.

nevcraw
07-30-2011, 06:25 PM
EFX needs to get his's shit together & not let Warren out of Denver.

I got 2 words for them: Roofies and Ducktape --- they obviously are failing miserably with the greenbacks..

Lancane
07-30-2011, 06:29 PM
EFX needs to get his's shit together & not let Warren out of Denver.

I got 2 words for them: Roofies and Ducktape --- they obviously are failing miserably with the greenbacks..

Do we really need to get Cox involved with a pro recruiting? I mean...damn!

:lol:

nevcraw
07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Do we really need to get Cox involved with a pro recruiting? I mean...damn!

head of security once he get's back from sing sing..

TXBRONC
07-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Warren is definitely someone I would feel comfortable giving a chance.

shank
07-30-2011, 09:39 PM
preparing myself for this newest letdown.

Lancane
07-30-2011, 09:46 PM

I know right?

Sheesh, it's like the Front Office is parading them in front of the fans: "Oooh look, we're talking to Mebane" - Gone! "Oooh look, we're talking to Washington for Haynesworth" - Gone! "Oooh look, we're talking to Okoye - Woops" - Gone! "Oooh look, we're talking Branch" - Gone!

:tsk:

MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 09:48 PM

I always prepare for the worst, therefore I'm always excited.

nevcraw
07-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Warren is definitely someone I would feel comfortable giving a chance.

me too! now go burn some sage!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Warren left without a contract....anyone surprised?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j125/03tiger/dumpsterfire.jpg

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Warren left without a contract....anyone surprised?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j125/03tiger/dumpsterfire.jpg

Best part is, Warren has publicly said he doesn't care about money, he'd gladly play for league minimum for a contender.

We can't even sign guys coming off injury who will play for league minimum! :lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Best part is, Warren has publicly said he doesn't care about money, he'd gladly play for league minimum for a contender.

We can't even sign guys coming off injury who will play for league minimum! :lol:

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j396/ashyemarie/GIF/crying.gif

Unfortunately it might not get any better before either Bowlen sells or Joe Ellis is out of the picture. Anyone hear the rumors Joe wants to try and buy the team? Yippee!!!!

MOtorboat
07-31-2011, 12:14 AM

The hyperbole and hatred is just so misguided. Sometimes players don't want to sign with teams that are coming off bad years. Sometimes they have a clear idea of where they want to play and your team/town isn't that place.

Honestly, you sit here and bitch and moan about how bad McDaniels was, come up with petty, childish nicknames and personal attacks to make yourself feel better and then you honestly ask why free agents aren't signing with the team and you condemn current management...and openly wonder why?

The Broncos aren't an attractive destination right now. Deal with it.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2011, 01:09 AM
The hyperbole and hatred is just so misguided. Sometimes players don't want to sign with teams that are coming off bad years. Sometimes they have a clear idea of where they want to play and your team/town isn't that place.

Honestly, you sit here and bitch and moan about how bad McDaniels was, come up with petty, childish nicknames and personal attacks to make yourself feel better and then you honestly ask why free agents aren't signing with the team and you condemn current management...and openly wonder why?

The Broncos aren't an attractive destination right now. Deal with it.

Funny, I thought this is how we deal with it. We come here to vent and to discuss the goings on of the team. It's not always going to be sunshine and rainbows. It hasn't been that way for quite awhile. We're still here.

Don't like it? Sorry. It doesn't change the fact that the majority of the fans aren't happy about what has transpired thus far and are getting out a little frustration. You can climb back down off your high horse and stop acting like you're better than everyone anytime you want. All you ever seem to do is try to "check" people and talk down to them for voicing their opinion. That's cool if that's how you want to work it MO, and you're entitled to it, but it does tend to diminish the quality of your non-condescending posts - which are few and far between these days.

Perhaps you should realize that there are others just as passionate about this team as you are that are going to say things about the way they believe the team is doing business, players, coaches, etc. This would be one boring-assed place if all any of us ever did was "deal with it".

Yeah, I kinda realized we sucked last year. I also listened intently when I was told by the management we'd be very active in FA to fill holes. So far, the truth in that statement is a little slow in manifesting. I think Brian Xanders sucks as a GM and should've been fired alongside McDaniels. Obviously I'm not alone, but it doesn't mean it's going to come true. I'm going to keep posting the way I see fit and call out dumb shit when I see it.

Don't like all the negativity? The ignore feature works, or perhaps you should take a break from the MB for awhile until the preseason blows over. With Orton as the starting QB, I wouldn't expect the mood to get much better this season, though.

claymore
07-31-2011, 01:32 AM
If we win 5 games this year we are better than we were last year. Im just happy McDingDong is long gone.

Lancane
07-31-2011, 01:35 AM
If we win 5 games this year we are better than we were last year. Im just happy McDingDong is long gone.

I'm not...he forgot some of his F'n luggage, like his cream filled twinkie 'Horton'!

DenBronx
07-31-2011, 01:37 AM

Me too but no matter how bad we stink right now there's still no excuse to not start immediately to bring in the right guys.

So far EFX are not doing that. I havent seen the Broncos open the pocketbook in years....and thats sad.

claymore
07-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Me too but no matter how bad we stink right now there's still no excuse to not start immediately to bring in the right guys.

So far EFX are not doing that. I havent seen the Broncos open the pocketbook in years....and thats sad.

We have continually opened the pocket book. Thats why we dont have money left on the Salary cap to do anything. We over pay FA's who never work out.

Shanahan left us with no money, and McDaniels left us with no talent. It cant be fixed this year.

EFX will look for bargains because they have to.

TXBRONC
07-31-2011, 08:24 AM
me too! now go burn some sage!!

Fresh out sorry. :tsk:

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2011, 08:53 AM
We have continually opened the pocket book. Thats why we dont have money left on the Salary cap to do anything. We over pay FA's who never work out.

Shanahan left us with no money, and McDaniels left us with no talent. It cant be fixed this year.

Yep. We've always "opened the pocketbook", typically on players that never earned it or didn't deserve it in the first place. We've never been very good at "vetting" out FAs before we sign them to monster deals. We've been the biggest "fools gold" suckers in the league.

I don't really blame the current cap problems on the current regime at all (well, Xanders and Ellis I do) and feel the Elway and Fox can only do what they can do, but when I see talented players in positions of great need go for reasonable contracts to other teams because we can't land them it just makes me wonder why guys like Richard Quinn, Russ Hochstein, Perrish Cox (who everyone knows is going to get convicted and probably should be, and we don't need that black eye), and even Kyle Orton are still on the roster.

That's the frustrating part. There are guys making millions and eating cap space to do nothing but gather splinters in their ass, create controversy, or get in trouble.

The offseason isn't over and the roster is in no way finalized, but we've already missed out on some guys that were reasonably priced that could've helped. You guys know what the difference between Hill's contract and Okoye's contract was for picking him up off waivers? $500K. Pocket change for an NFL organization (essentially cutting one guy who makes league minimum). It couldn't have been a better situation. We release Hill freeing up $2.4 mil and the same day Okoye, a guy we're supposedly interested in, is released. All we have to do claim him when Carolina passes and we adopt his contract this year of $2.9 mil. We couldn't find $500K somewhere? We couldn't have at least brought him in to take a look at him? He'd instantly be our best interior D-lineman.

These are the things that frustrate me more than any other. It looks like we're pursuing (whatever the definition of that is from the FO because everyone they've "pursued" has signed elsewhere) Marcus Thomas and if we get him back, fine. Maybe we'll be able to sign a 4th/5th tier DT later on, but our current D-line is in shambles on the interior, and yet, we can sign a busted, old HB for way more than he's worth to be the 3rd guy here and take a couple RZ touches and we can sign more throw away WRs.

I just don't get it. I know we aren't built to win now, but not even trying to make the team better is really what eats me.

MOtorboat
07-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Funny, I thought this is how we deal with it. We come here to vent and to discuss the goings on of the team. It's not always going to be sunshine and rainbows. It hasn't been that way for quite awhile. We're still here.

Don't like it? Sorry. It doesn't change the fact that the majority of the fans aren't happy about what has transpired thus far and are getting out a little frustration. You can climb back down off your high horse and stop acting like you're better than everyone anytime you want. All you ever seem to do is try to "check" people and talk down to them for voicing their opinion. That's cool if that's how you want to work it MO, and you're entitled to it, but it does tend to diminish the quality of your non-condescending posts - which are few and far between these days.

Perhaps you should realize that there are others just as passionate about this team as you are that are going to say things about the way they believe the team is doing business, players, coaches, etc. This would be one boring-assed place if all any of us ever did was "deal with it".

Yeah, I kinda realized we sucked last year. I also listened intently when I was told by the management we'd be very active in FA to fill holes. So far, the truth in that statement is a little slow in manifesting. I think Brian Xanders sucks as a GM and should've been fired alongside McDaniels. Obviously I'm not alone, but it doesn't mean it's going to come true. I'm going to keep posting the way I see fit and call out dumb shit when I see it.

Don't like all the negativity? The ignore feature works, or perhaps you should take a break from the MB for awhile until the preseason blows over. With Orton as the starting QB, I wouldn't expect the mood to get much better this season, though.

You know, Friday, I posted a statistical breakdown, based on how many times Fox ran the ball in Carolina and based on running backs on this teams averages, including McGahee. You know, talking about football. It didn't get a single response.

So forgive me for getting a little frustrated weeding through all of the "I hate the front office because they didn't land 'x' player," stuff.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2011, 09:13 AM
You know, Friday, I posted a statistical breakdown, based on how many times Fox ran the ball in Carolina and based on running backs on this teams averages, including McGahee. You know, talking about football. It didn't get a single response.

So forgive me for getting a little frustrated weeding through all of the "I hate the front office because they didn't land 'x' player," stuff.

Sorry I kinda snapped at you last night, MO. I was tired and a little frustrated. I know how you feel about the "boo hoo we didn't sign X" threads because I feel the same way about all the Tebow/Orton threads.

The things that have everyone's panties in a wad are the fact that:

a) Orton is still here eating up cap space and preventing us from signing FAs which most here feel is in some way holding us back from the future.

and

b) The fact that we can seem to come up with cash here and there for guys like McGahee and Anderson (a HB and a WR of which there are tons of FAs that would easily play for league minimum) but not for the biggest gaping hole (and has been for a decade) on the defensive line. It's frustating that we didn't address it in the draft (instead drafting 3 LBs, 2 TEs, and 2 more Safeties) and now it seems free agency is also passing us by.

I hope EFX has a plan, because if we end up as the 32nd team against the run again, all three of their jobs are in jeopardy. The frustrating thing is, I like Elway and Fox A LOT and don't want to see them fail. I kinda enjoyed watching McDaniels fail because I hated the arrogant little *****.

Right now, it's just extremely frustrating to all of us who've been beating the same drum since the Shanahan era. Why can we see it and they can't? If they can, why aren't they at least trying to fix it?

CoachChaz
07-31-2011, 09:33 AM
One thing that always mystified me is why free agents sign with the first team they visit. It typically happens for a reason. Either they want to be in that city, have familiarity with the coaces or system, etc. Warren left without a signing. Why wouldnt he? There are 2 teams in his home state that run the defense hes been a part of his whole career. Get to play in Texas and in a system he is familiar with. Hed be stupid not to talk to them.

Unless of course Denver offered him more than he was worth. In which case it would only give people more to whine about. Let it ride and see what happens before we get the gallows ready

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2011, 09:43 AM
One thing that always mystified me is why free agents sign with the first team they visit. It typically happens for a reason. Either they want to be in that city, have familiarity with the coaces or system, etc. Warren left without a signing. Why wouldnt he? There are 2 teams in his home state that run the defense hes been a part of his whole career. Get to play in Texas and in a system he is familiar with. Hed be stupid not to talk to them.

Unless of course Denver offered him more than he was worth. In which case it would only give people more to whine about. Let it ride and see what happens before we get the gallows ready

I don't know, but in today's super-technology laden business world, these guys don't even have to "visit" to make a decision. The FO calls the agent, makes the offer, the agent calls the player and discusses it, and the player either refuses or accepts. With video conferencing, text messages, faxes, etc, etc, etc nobody really needs to go and tour the facilities and sit down in the GM's office to work out contract details face to face, anymore.

We have already agreed to sign McGahee pending his physical before he ever arrived. Same with pretty much all the FAs out there this year. How many, other than Asomugha, were notably "visiting" teams before they were signed? Most just seem to get told where they are going by their agent who works out all the details.

It would be nice to have Ty Warren here, but like all the others, he won't want to come here for the same reasons that you've already listed.

Medford Bronco
07-31-2011, 11:24 AM
I like what I have seen of Warren over the years in NE. he is better than the crap we have had in recent memory on the D Line. I would take a flyer on him and hope he gets back to his 2007-2009 form. Good effort and would help our dreadful run defense of 2010

Lancane
07-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Those of us whom are or at least seem upset with the front office, it's not because they're refusing to go out and be like Philadelphia or Seattle and spend money across the board. No, we are upset that they knew the risks of drafting a linebacker over a defensive lineman, they knew the risks of not positioning themselves in the rounds that followed to draft one - they also claimed to have a game plan to fix the situation, they should have been ready and with specific targets come free agency, which they did and have utterly failed. We've tried to trade for Haynesworth, we talked to Mebane, Branch, Warren and so on. It seems to me that their impressive plan is falling apart and when it's said and done they'll still have a problems at the position, even re-signing Thomas is not the answer or they would have done it and been done with it, not trying to trade for Haynesworth or indeed going after those considered the top-tier defensive tackles in free agency.

And I'm still a little chapped that they haven't rid us of Horton too...:lol:

topscribe
07-31-2011, 12:32 PM
What's with this damned bashing Orton seemingly in every thread I go to? What
does he have to do with Ty Warren or any of the others? As if it's his fault the
Broncos haven't picked anybody up? I wouldn't give up the first big payday of
my life either. Is there anybody here who wouldn't sign a contract that offered
them a few million dollars? Is there anybody here who would give it up, just to
placate a team that would no longer be his team, once he did?

Warren has already said money doesn't matter, that he would play for the
minimum, provided he was playing for a contender. That would not be the
Broncos in his mind, I'm sure. So if Warren doesn't sign up here, it's because he
didn't want to sign up here.

Same with Okoye. He stepped out of the Texan's facility into a Chicago Bears
bus. Apparently, the Broncos didn't even get a chance to make an offer. Okoye
didn't want to be here.

Denver is not an attractive place right now for FAs on the lookout. Simple as
that. Orton didn't mess anything up . . .

-----

horsepig
07-31-2011, 12:53 PM
You're right on the money Top. My problem with the FO is right there. A really sharp bunch would have realized all this and planned accordingly.

Who wants to sign with a 4 win team coached by a 2 win HC. Most salty FAs want to hook on with a playoff caliber team at this point in their careers. So what do you do in the draft? IMO, you fill the biggest holes first, i.e., DT. Don't expect these highly prized players to come knocking in free agency. Pick an easier position to address later to ignore in the draft, like safety, for instance.

topscribe
07-31-2011, 12:58 PM
You're right on the money Top. My problem with the FO is right there. A really sharp bunch would have realized all this and planned accordingly.

Who wants to sign with a 4 win team coached by a 2 win HC. Most salty FAs want to hook on with a playoff caliber team at this point in their careers. So what do you do in the draft? IMO, you fill the biggest holes first, i.e., DT. Don't expect these highly prized players to come knocking in free agency. Pick an easier position to address later to ignore in the draft, like safety, for instance.

I can see their jumping on Miller. And I can see picking up the badly needed TEs.
But how many quality draft choices do they now have in the safety position?
I was really dumbfounded that they picked up those safeties with the DTs still
hanging around on the board.

And Franklin? Yes, he is a stud. Yes, he can roadgrade with the best of them.
I think. But does that make more sense than re-signing Harris and going after
a DT, many of whom were still available at that time?

I don't know. I just have to trust the FO that they know what they're doing.
Still . . .

-----

DenBronx
07-31-2011, 03:17 PM
VicLombardiVic Lombardi

based on the conversation i just had, me likes the broncos chances of signing ty warren.

16 minutes ago

DenBronx
07-31-2011, 04:19 PM
BroncosZoneBroncos Zone

RT @VicLombardi The Broncos have made DT Ty Warren what they consider a fair offer. Now he's shopping it.

Zweems56
07-31-2011, 04:19 PM
VicLombardiVic Lombardi

based on the conversation i just had, me likes the broncos chances of signing ty warren.

16 minutes ago

from Lombardi as well.

The Broncos have made Warren what they consider a fair offer. Now he's shopping it.

DenBronx
07-31-2011, 04:21 PM
PostBroncosLindsay Jones

We think its Ty Warren on the patio. But hard to tell from a distance. I can say this: dude is BIG.

Ravage!!!
07-31-2011, 07:19 PM
No, we are upset that they knew the risks of drafting a linebacker over a defensive lineman, they knew the risks of not positioning themselves in the rounds that followed to draft one - they also claimed to have a game plan to fix the situation, they should have been ready and with specific targets come free agency, which they did and have utterly failed.

They knew the risks? I'm glad they drafted teh best player rather than the best player at a specific position.

Also, you are ASSUMING that they don't have a plan purely based on that it doesn't fit YOUR plan. You have absolutely NO idea if anything has "failed" other than the fact that it hasn't met YOUR expectations.

Which is just shocking to me.

nevcraw
07-31-2011, 07:27 PM
this would be a solid signing

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Warren left Denver without a deal and is gone to Houston. He'll sign there before he signs here, even if they offer him league minimum. It's near his home town and he's expressed the desire to return home.

I'd say the likely hood we sign him is probably < 5%.

shank
07-31-2011, 08:09 PM
BroncosZoneBroncos Zone

RT @VicLombardi The Broncos have made DT Ty Warren what they consider a fair offer. Now he's shopping it.

we damn well have better given him what he thinks is a fair offer. This signing would be a huge relief to me, although i know the odds are slim of landing him.

topscribe
07-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Warren left Denver without a deal and is gone to Houston. He'll sign there before he signs here, even if they offer him league minimum. It's near his home town and he's expressed the desire to return home.

I'd say the likely hood we sign him is probably < 5%.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

NorCalBronco7
07-31-2011, 08:30 PM

Harris is too soft of a run blocker to play for Fox imo. He wants beasts and Harris just aint one of em.

Lancane
07-31-2011, 08:31 PM
They knew the risks? I'm glad they drafted teh best player rather than the best player at a specific position.

Also, you are ASSUMING that they don't have a plan purely based on that it doesn't fit YOUR plan. You have absolutely NO idea if anything has "failed" other than the fact that it hasn't met YOUR expectations.

They even admitted they knew the risks when the board started to fall differently then they had hoped. Miller and Dareus were nearly split as the best player available in the views of most analytical minds, so you're argument is very, very weak Rav. Hell, how many coaches, scouts and analysts said Miller was better suited for the 3-4 rather then the 4-3? So it's fair to say that Dareus would have been the wiser choice...and it's quite possible Miller will be the better pro because he is that gifted.

And I haven't assumed anything, I simply don't like what I am seeing...it's not giving me warm, cuddly, fuzzy feelings, and plainly speaking you don't have to like it - as you stated the new regime hasn't met my expectations, you forgot something important though, and that's I'm allowed to feel how I want that comes with being a fan, I can be critical and I can voice that on here all that I want, if you don't like it Rav, don't read it. And as shocking as it is, there have been times I've been on board with the direction we were headed, when we had Cutler, Hillis, Marshall and were starting to look like we were beginning to become prominent once more. That's gone and since that ass-hat McDumbass came this team and let's face it the organization has become a shell of it's former self.

Are we as fans not allowed to demand better from them? I seem to remember that a lot of us came to agree that change was needed last year, that we were all tired of McDumbass, his ego and his mistakes. And most of us are glad he is gone, but even then I am still allowed to see where I believe the organization is still falling short.

NorCalBronco7
07-31-2011, 08:37 PM
BPA > Need

MOtorboat
07-31-2011, 08:45 PM
No, we are upset that they knew the risks of drafting a linebacker over a defensive lineman, they knew the risks of not positioning themselves in the rounds that followed to draft one - they also claimed to have a game plan to fix the situation, they should have been ready and with specific targets come free agency, which they did and have utterly failed.

Amen.

MNPatsFan
07-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Belichick and his disciples haven't been nearly the coaching gurus they were before they got caught cheating.Ummmm didn't they and the Patriots go 18-0 and lose the SB to the Giants on Davod Tyree's fluke catch where he some how caught the ball against his helmet to keep the winning TD drive alive?

BTW, the same thing can essentially be said about the Denver Broncos ..... they haven't been nearly the team and winners they were before they were caught cheating;)

:laugh::laugh:

MNPatsFan
07-31-2011, 10:15 PM
I have always liked Ty Warren and appreciated what he brought to the team and what he did on the field. I think the Pats let him go because of his recent injury history and high salary cap figure. If the Broncos were able to sign him, I think he would be a very good signing and veteran locker room presence!

FanInAZ
07-31-2011, 11:11 PM
BTW, the same thing can essentially be said about the Denver Broncos ..... they haven't been nearly the team and winners they were before they were caught cheating;)

:confused: We were 2-6 (2-16 if you include us losing the last 10 games of '09) and on a 3 game losing streak before the London fiasco :confused:

Ravage!!!
07-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Ummmm didn't they and the Patriots go 18-0 and lose the SB to the Giants on Davod Tyree's fluke catch where he some how caught the ball against his helmet to keep the winning TD drive alive?

No. The Patriots lost the Super Bowl because they couldn't score, and then when they finally did score, Eli Manning led a come-back drive that put the ball in the endzone against your D.

That great catch didn't beat you. Your offense getting its ass whipped by the Giant's d-line beat you.

underrated29
07-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Ummmm didn't they and the Patriots go 18-0 and lose the SB to the Giants on Davod Tyree's fluke catch where he some how caught the ball against his helmet to keep the winning TD drive alive?

The broncos were NOT caught cheating!!! ALL OF THE NFL CONTRACTS AND SALARY HAS TO BE APPROVED BY THE LEAGUE- The league approved everything we did. Where the problem was, and I dont remember as its been so long was how we paid it. But it had nothing to do with cheating the salary cap or anything like that.

jhildebrand
07-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Those of us whom are or at least seem upset with the front office, it's not because they're refusing to go out and be like Philadelphia or Seattle and spend money across the board. No, we are upset that they knew the risks of drafting a linebacker over a defensive lineman, they knew the risks of not positioning themselves in the rounds that followed to draft one - they also claimed to have a game plan to fix the situation, they should have been ready and with specific targets come free agency, which they did and have utterly failed.

I can't imagine how EFX has failed when a single snap hasn't been played. We have no idea of the scheme Fox will have on the D. However, with speed at the ends and fast LB's my guess is everything will be funneled up the belly. Teams wont be getting to the edge on the Broncos would be my guess.

Finally, lets not forget this FO was awefully close to trading back into the first to get Nick Fairley. While that would have been nice, it wouldn't change much and neither would a FA IMHO. Not to mention they may have more starters in keeping the picks than gambling on Fairley. This team has a lot of holes to fill and weren't going to fill them all this offseason with the draft and FA. Let's give it some time before we start saying this this regime has failed.

Agent of Orange
07-31-2011, 11:43 PM

In 2007 they were an also ran...just like any other team thats lost a SB.

Canmore
07-31-2011, 11:52 PM
I can't imagine how EFX has failed when a single snap hasn't been played. We have no idea of the scheme Fox will have on the D. However, with speed at the ends and fast LB's my guess is everything will be funneled up the belly. Teams wont be getting to the edge on the Broncos would be my guess.

Finally, lets not forget this FO was awefully close to trading back into the first to get Nick Fairley. While that would have been nice, it wouldn't change much and neither would a FA IMHO. This team has a lot of holes to fill and weren't going to fill them all this offseason with the draft and FA. Let's give it some time before we start saying this this regime has failed.

Exactly. With all of the holes we have one draft and free agency period is not going to fix it. Not with our financial and personel situation. We are in a multi year rebuilding process. It would be nice if we were to deal Kyle Orton. He doesn't look to be part of the long term picture. We need to move forward with Tebow (or Quinn) and find out if they are part of the solution before next years quarterback heavy draft class is upon us. I'm still cautiously optimistic about EFX.

Ravage!!!
07-31-2011, 11:55 PM
The broncos were NOT caught cheating!!! ALL OF THE NFL CONTRACTS AND SALARY HAS TO BE APPROVED BY THE LEAGUE- The league approved everything we did. Where the problem was, and I dont remember as its been so long was how we paid it. But it had nothing to do with cheating the salary cap or anything like that.

It took 6 years for the lawyers to even decipher if a violoation had occured, and deferred payments weren't paid on time. After it was ruled to be a violation, then obviously the Broncos had to be given a punishment. But they NFL flat out stated that we were NOT cheating.

Lonestar
07-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by claymore

wow a really good post clear and concise maybe time to take you off of iggy.

Yep. We've always "opened the pocketbook", typically on players that never earned it or didn't deserve it in the first place. We've never been very good at "vetting" out FAs before we sign them to monster deals. We've been the biggest "fools gold" suckers in the league.

I don't really blame the current cap problems on the current regime at all (well, Xanders and Ellis I do) and feel the Elway and Fox can only do what they can do, but when I see talented players in positions of great need go for reasonable contracts to other teams because we can't land them it just makes me wonder why guys like Richard Quinn, Russ Hochstein, Perrish Cox (who everyone knows is going to get convicted and probably should be, and we don't need that black eye), and even Kyle Orton are still on the roster.

That's the frustrating part. There are guys making millions and eating cap space to do nothing but gather splinters in their ass, create controversy, or get in trouble.

The offseason isn't over and the roster is in no way finalized, but we've already missed out on some guys that were reasonably priced that could've helped. You guys know what the difference between Hill's contract and Okoye's contract was for picking him up off waivers? $500K. Pocket change for an NFL organization (essentially cutting one guy who makes league minimum). It couldn't have been a better situation. We release Hill freeing up $2.4 mil and the same day Okoye, a guy we're supposedly interested in, is released. All we have to do claim him when Carolina passes and we adopt his contract this year of $2.9 mil. We couldn't find $500K somewhere? We couldn't have at least brought him in to take a look at him? He'd instantly be our best interior D-lineman.

These are the things that frustrate me more than any other. It looks like we're pursuing (whatever the definition of that is from the FO because everyone they've "pursued" has signed elsewhere) Marcus Thomas and if we get him back, fine. Maybe we'll be able to sign a 4th/5th tier DT later on, but our current D-line is in shambles on the interior, and yet, we can sign a busted, old HB for way more than he's worth to be the 3rd guy here and take a couple RZ touches and we can sign more throw away WRs.

I just don't get it. I know we aren't built to win now, but not even trying to make the team better is really what eats me.

the perrish Cox thingy.. heard yesterday on the Fan that the broncos would rather take the PR hit on him until he is convicted than in case he is not getting sued by him after the fact.. While his salary is an issue the long term issue is the problem.

Y'all forget that they said they had a plan to deal with the holes in the team.. they said they would pursue FA RB DT and another couple of spots.

they did not say they would sign the top tier guys in each of them, they also did not say they were going to do it right away.. I believe they are following their plan it is just not OUR idea of a plan or time table.

Nice to have super studs at all spots but we all know we can not afford all of them..

Patience grasshopper..

Canmore
07-31-2011, 11:58 PM
It took 6 years for the lawyers to even decipher if a violoation had occured, and deferred payments weren't paid on time. After it was ruled to be a violation, then obviously the Broncos had to be given a punishment. But they NFL flat out stated that we were NOT cheating.

Saying we were cheating makes the rest of the league feel better about getting their butts handed to them in 97 and 98. 96 for that matter.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I can see their jumping on Miller. And I can see picking up the badly needed TEs.
But how many quality draft choices do they now have in the safety position?
I was really dumbfounded that they picked up those safeties with the DTs still
hanging around on the board.

I don't know. I just have to trust the FO that they know what they're doing.
Still . . .

----- speaking of harris if the guy is so good why hasn't he signed somewhere for a gazillion dollars. or has he and I missed the event.

IMO he was not resigned because they could not count on him playing 15-16 games a year he did that ONCE on his first contract and even then IIRC he was playing hurt a couple of games..

Canmore
08-01-2011, 12:08 AM
wow a really good post clear and concise maybe time to take you off of iggy.

the perrish Cox thingy.. heard yesterday on the Fan that the broncos would rather take the PR hit on him until he is convicted than in case he is not getting sued by him after the fact.. While his salary is an issue the long term issue is the problem.

Y'all forget that they said they had a plan to deal with the holes in the team.. they said they would pursue FA RB DT and another couple of spots.

they did not say they would sign the top tier guys in each of them, they also did not say they were going to do it right away.. I believe they are following their plan it is just not OUR idea of a plan or time table.

Nice to have super studs at all spots but we all know we can not afford all of them..

Patience grasshopper..

This is why I am cautiously optimistic about EFX. We have holes all over the place and there is no way to fill them with studs at every position. Not with our personel and financial situation. We badly need another draft and we haven't even played a game in 2011. This is a multi year project. It would be nice to find out what we have in Tebow before 2012.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
Saying we were cheating makes the rest of the league feel better about getting their butts handed to them in 97 and 98. 96 for that matter.

if we were not cheating then why did we get fined IIRC about $250,000.00.

just for jollies?

Agent of Orange
08-01-2011, 12:17 AM

just for jollies?

If people took you seriously, then why do you have to post the same thing over and over?

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 12:23 AM

just for jollies?

Again...as you just quoted. The NFL fined us for delayed payments on deferred salaries. It took the courts 6 years to even get through the courts to DEFINE if a VIOLATION had occured. A violation is not "cheating" if the team committing the violation didn't even know that the violation they were committing was against the rules. It took 6 years for even the courts (going back and forth between lawyers) to make that determination. Obviously, if the wording was as such that it took so long, its not like the team was "cheating."

However. Once it was figured out, and once it was determined that a violation had occured.. the NFL had to punish. Why wouldn't they?

But lets be very clear. The NFL agrees and clears EVERY contract that is signed in the NFL. Its not like we were somehow able to "cheat" the cap when the NFL, themselves, signed off on every contract given.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:23 AM
If people took you seriously, then why do you have to post the same thing over and over?

frankly I could care less about YOU taking me seriously..

BUT I have to ask, when did I post this over and over..

years ago maybe..

Agent of Orange
08-01-2011, 12:28 AM
frankly I could care less about YOU taking me seriously..

BUT I have to ask, when did I post this over and over..

years ago maybe..

You obviously do care. Why else would you make it you're job to post the same cr*p over and over again like it's your job. I don't think many take your obsession with trashing Shanahan seriously. And its also kind of sad that you've made this your job. People dont take you seriously, so you have to constantly repeat yourself, which just makes it worse.

It's not only that they disagree with you, it's also that you've diluted your message due to high volume. Maybe you should find a new job.

BeefStew25
08-01-2011, 12:37 AM
You obviously do care. Why else would you make it you're job to post the same cr*p over and over again like it's your job. I don't think many take your obsession with trashing Shanahan seriously. And its also kind of sad that you've made this your job. People dont take you seriously, so you have to constantly repeat yourself, which just makes it worse.

It's not only that they disagree with you, it's also that you've diluted your message due to high volume. Maybe you should find a new job.

He is a small business owner.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:37 AM

maybe you should try IGGY cause I'm going to make sure everyone "gets it".

y'all think he walked on water and maybe he did those first few years..

BUT once the HOF players retired he was average and Elam saved his bacon a lot more than anyone wants to give him credit for.

I just do not share YOUR high Opine of the guy.. He got fired in OAK and is on his way for the same thing in WAS.. And lest i forget to add he was fired here also.. He did not leave the broncos as a contender by any strech of your imagination.. he left it a gutted shell With NO depth at any spot on the team..and very few starter material guys in the ones we had.. Sure we had jay, Bm, hillis, clady, Champ, Doom, maybe Kuper and TS. but not much at all behind them. and as it stand right now that OL has be rebuilt into something more than smoke and mirrors Doom is still with the team as is Champ, Kuper and Clady. but all of the head cases are now gone to screw up other teams..

so endth the lesson..

shank
08-01-2011, 12:45 AM
so endth the lesson..

so beith douchiest way to endth a post.

Timmy!
08-01-2011, 12:56 AM
FFS. :tsk:

Agent of Orange
08-01-2011, 01:02 AM
maybe you should try IGGY cause I'm going to make sure everyone "gets it".

y'all think he walked on water and maybe he did those first few years..

BUT once the HOF players retired he was average and Elam saved his bacon a lot more than anyone wants to give him credit for.

I just do not share YOUR high Opine of the guy.. He got fired in OAK and is on his way for the same thing in WAS.. And lest i forget to add he was fired here also.. He did not leave the broncos as a contender by any strech of your imagination.. he left it a gutted shell With NO depth at any spot on the team..and very few starter material guys in the ones we had.. Sure we had jay, Bm, hillis, clady, Champ, Doom, maybe Kuper and TS. but not much at all behind them. and as it stand right now that OL has be rebuilt into something more than smoke and mirrors Doom is still with the team as is Champ, Kuper and Clady. but all of the head cases are now gone to screw up other teams..
so endth the lesson..

Its not that "everyone" needs to "get it" as much as one man (i.e. you) needs to shut up.

Like I said, you're just noise now. You've diluted the message and "everyone" doesnt really take you seriously. This is why you find the need to repeat yourself. You're obviously not effective at what you're trying to do...the need to repeat yourself to this degree should have been your first clue.

Agent of Orange
08-01-2011, 01:03 AM
He is a small business owner.

Do you mean he's small and he owns a business or do you mean he owns a business that is small?

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 01:05 AM

Brilliance. :lol:

How many SBs did Walsh win without his HoF players? How many did Johnson, Noll, Shula, Landry, and Belicheck win without their HoF players?

Gibbs was fired. Parcells was fired. Johnson was fired. Landry was fired. Belicheck was fired.

To say that the kicker "saved his bacon"... is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read, and you've posted a TON of dumb things.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Its not that "everyone" needs to "get it" as much as one man (i.e. you) needs to shut up.

Like I said, you're just noise now. You've diluted the message and "everyone" doesnt really take you seriously. This is why you find the need to repeat yourself. You're obviously not effective at what you're trying to do...the need to repeat yourself to this degree should have been your first clue.

Been talking/posting have some (30k posts here and another 24 or so on mania) like this since about 2004 (once I figured out what he really was )or so see no need to change now.. and FWIW I have converted several folks once they started looking at the real problem of our Broncos they have gotten it..

Kind of always thought that this place was somewhere to get and POST ideas..

IF you want to worship mikey by all means do so put me on iggy.. no skin off my .......

Agent of Orange
08-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Been talking/posting have some (30k posts here and another 24 or so on mania) like this since about 2004 (once I figured out what he really was )or so see no need to change now.. and FWIW I have converted several folks once they started looking at the real problem of our Broncos they have gotten it..

Kind of always thought that this place was somewhere to get and POST ideas..
IF you want to worship mikey by all means do so put me on iggy.. no skin off my .......

Except what you do really shouldnt be called posting ideas. What you do is more like a monkey picking bugs off of himself. Its something that he does without thinking about because he's a monkey and that's what monkeys do. You can't people really expect people believe that after all this time, there's a lot of thought involved since you're essentially just posting the same thing over and over again. It's more like you're picking bugs off of yourself.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Cool it and get it back on topic.

Seriously.

If I'm not mistaken this thread is about Ty Warren. Not Shanahan and not Lonestar.

Juriga72
08-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Cool it and get it back on topic.

Seriously.

If I'm not mistaken this thread is about Ty Warren. Not Shanahan and not Lonestar.

Lonestar thinks Shanahan is a Idiot for not signing Ty Warren..... When he was the Bronco's HC

:couch:

TXBRONC
08-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Lonestar thinks Shanahan is a Idiot for not signing Ty Warren..... When he was the Bronco's HC

:couch:

The mods will not be mocked. :mod: :tsk:

MNPatsFan
08-01-2011, 09:01 AM
The broncos were NOT caught cheating!!! ALL OF THE NFL CONTRACTS AND SALARY HAS TO BE APPROVED BY THE LEAGUE- The league approved everything we did. Where the problem was, and I dont remember as its been so long was how we paid it. But it had nothing to do with cheating the salary cap or anything like that.You delude yourself all you want but doing a quick google search brought up the following article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

You can spin the Broncos actions any way you want but the Broncos CHEATED as evidenced by the following language from the article:

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

On Thursday, [September 16, 2004,] the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98.
No matter how you spin it, VIOLATIONS = CHEATING and CIRCUMVENTING the salary cap is CHEATING as demonstrated by the NFL fining the Broncos $968,000 and $950,00 for a total fine of $1.918 million and taking third-round picks in the 2002 draft and the 2005 draft away from the Broncos!!!

MNPatsFan
08-01-2011, 09:04 AM
No. The Patriots lost the Super Bowl because they couldn't score, and then when they finally did score, Eli Manning led a come-back drive that put the ball in the endzone against your D.

That great catch didn't beat you. Your offense getting its ass whipped by the Giant's d-line beat you.I will freely admit I thought the Giants outplayed the Patriots for almost the entire game. The fact remains though that despite the Giants outplaying the Patriots, the Patriots were winning the game when Tyree made that miraculous catch AND if he doesn't make that catch the Giants don't score the go ahead TD.

MNPatsFan
08-01-2011, 09:28 AM
But lets be very clear. The NFL agrees and clears EVERY contract that is signed in the NFL. Its not like we were somehow able to "cheat" the cap when the NFL, themselves, signed off on every contract given.Let's be very clear here, the reason the NFL fined the Broncos and took a third-round draft pick away from the Broncos, NOT ONCE BUT TWICE, was because the contracts and payment terms that the NFL cleared and approved were different than or from what the Broncos actually did and paid out.

"The investigation resulted in the discovery of undisclosed agreements between the club and Broncos players during the same period [1996-1998] pursuant to which various players agreed to defer certain compensation in exchange for a commitment to pay interest on the deferred amounts," Henderson said in the statement.

I would love to see you go into court and tell the police, the prosecuting attorney and the judge that although you violated and circumvented the law, you can't or shouldn't be punished because you didn't do anything wrong. Let me know how that goes over with the judge?;)

:laugh:

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Well now I guess that should be settled. Let's hope we do not cheat again

Ty Warren looks like the real deal. One can only hope his injuries are healed and we can get him on the team. If nothing else a great mentor and quality depth at a position of GREAT need.

MNPatsFan
08-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Ty Warren looks like the real deal. One can only hope his injuries are healed and we can get him on the team. If nothing else a great mentor and quality depth at a position of GREAT need.If Ty Warren is healthy, I completely agree!:salute:

I have always liked and respected Ty and hope that his injuries are healed so that he can return to a high level of play. Not only do I respect him for his football intelligence, professionalism, and level of play, but I also really respect him for forfeiting work out bonuses etc, because he was attending classes at Texas A&M in the spring and early summer to earn credits towards his degree so that he would fulfill his promise to his grandmother that he would graduate from Texas A&M and obtain his degree.:beer:

I am surprised that the Broncos so far have not addressed their desperate need for DL/DTs in either the draft or free agency. There is still time though so we shall see.

LordTrychon
08-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Let's be very clear here, the reason the NFL fined the Broncos and took a third-round draft pick away from the Broncos, NOT ONCE BUT TWICE, was because the contracts and payment terms that the NFL cleared and approved were different than or from what the Broncos actually did and paid out.

I would love to see you go into court and tell the police, the prosecuting attorney and the judge that although you violated and circumvented the law, you can't or shouldn't be punished because you didn't do anything wrong. Let me know how that goes over with the judge?;)

:laugh:

Not familiar with this website, but I've seen the same explanation before...

2002 Broncos forfeited third round pick

The Broncos were short on cash in 1998 so John Elway and Terrell Davis were deferrred $29 million, to be paid later, with interest. This is legal by NFL rules. The money was counted normally against the salary cap.

Well, the NFL has a deferred compensation fund that they require NFL teams to pay money to so that teams don't fall heavily into debt if they can't pay the players back. In 2000, the NFL said that $29 million was too much to defer, and Denver had to pay 75% of that immediately, so Denver paid Elway and Davis immediately. They also owed the NFL $303,000 to the deferred compensation fund of which the Broncos were unaware. After learning about this, the money was paid (with $663,000 in interest) and that was that.

In a memo from the NFL to the Broncos, they ruled that this violation was unrelated to the salary cap, that it did not give the Broncos a competitive advantage, and that the Broncos did not make a deliberate attempt to break league rules regarding deferred compensation obligations. However, they still were stripped of a third round pick, as is the normal punishment for this kind of thing.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/Notes.htm

It's much more like getting a new car, filling out the paperwork for the title... thinking you have everything filed, only to find out later you missed one of the fees you were supposed to pay, and are now required to pay a specific fine as well as the fee.

Call it breaking the law if you want... it's still quite a bit different than running over a cop.

rationalfan
08-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Call it breaking the law if you want... it's still quite a bit different than running over a cop.

and football is much different than our overall society.

MNPatsFan
08-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Call it breaking the law if you want... it's still quite a bit different than running over a cop.Well I never compared it to, let alone said anything about running over a cop.;)

Frankly, none of the cheating or violations by NFL teams compare to violations of the law as serious as that or where a person sustains bodily injury. Police officers, at least the good honest ones, have a thankless job, put their lives on the line every time they work and deserve our respect and gratitude.:salute:

I will honestly admit not knowing the in-depth details of the Broncos transgressions and appreciate the information you posted. If the NFL had ONLY punished the Broncos once then I think your position is more understandable and defensible. The NFL, however, fined and took away another third-round pick a year to two later for additional violations.

LordTrychon
08-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Well, I made the comparison, because you compared it to going to court and defending to a judge.

What the Broncos did was more of a clerical error than 'cheating' though you can say it's cheating because they broke the rules. Doesn't mean that they really cheated. ;)

Your own quote shows that they were fined the second time because they found more errors from the same time period. Not because they did it again. The NFL said that the Broncos were completely compliant in helping to find these errors.

MNPatsFan
08-01-2011, 11:28 AM
What the Broncos did was more of a clerical error than 'cheating' though you can say it's cheating because they broke the rules. Doesn't mean that they really cheated. ;)

Your own quote shows that they were fined the second time because they found more errors from the same time period. Not because they did it again. The NFL said that the Broncos were completely compliant in helping to find these errors.I am not sure I would call the Broncos initial failure/refusal to disclose to the NFL in 1996-1998, the "agreements between the club and Broncos players . . . pursuant to which various players agreed to defer certain compensation in exchange for a commitment to pay interest on the deferred amounts," as simple "clerical errors" or "errors". As Ravage pointed in several posts: "The NFL agrees and clears EVERY contract that is signed in the NFL." Therefore, it is a little simplistic or naive to claim that the Broncos failure to disclose these agreements to the NFL and obtain its approval of them was simply a "clerical error".;)

I realize that very few, if any Broncos fans, are willing to admit and acknowledge that the Broncos cheated. Those Broncos fans, however, like to believe that their team is clean and their SB victories aren't arguably tainted.:shocked:

Similarly, there are some fans of the 49ers, Patriots, and other NFL teams that were punished for cheating that won't admit and acknowledge that their team cheated. I freely admit that the Patriots cheated and that I am angry and embarrassed by that fact.:tsk::mad:

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Again...as you just quoted. The NFL fined us for delayed payments on deferred salaries. It took the courts 6 years to even get through the courts to DEFINE if a VIOLATION had occured. A violation is not "cheating" if the team committing the violation didn't even know that the violation they were committing was against the rules. It took 6 years for even the courts (going back and forth between lawyers) to make that determination. Obviously, if the wording was as such that it took so long, its not like the team was "cheating."

However. Once it was figured out, and once it was determined that a violation had occured.. the NFL had to punish. Why wouldn't they?

But lets be very clear. The NFL agrees and clears EVERY contract that is signed in the NFL. Its not like we were somehow able to "cheat" the cap when the NFL, themselves, signed off on every contract given.

No matter how you spin it, VIOLATIONS = CHEATING and CIRCUMVENTING the salary cap is CHEATING as demonstrated by the NFL fining the Broncos $968,000 and $950,00 for a total fine of $1.918 million and taking third-round picks in the 2002 draft and the 2005 draft away from the Broncos!!!

It looks like you chose to ignore the post that I already took the time to explain this to Wiz. Yes, a violation of the rules had occured, and yes because of that violation we deserved to be punished. However it was a "violation" that took 6 years to determine. I never denied that. Nevertheless, a violation isn't "cheating."

I'm sure you will choose to call it that, and I'm sure you will continue to call it that because it fits your agenda. Just as it fits Wiz's agenda.

jhildebrand
08-01-2011, 11:38 AM
This is why I am cautiously optimistic about EFX. We have holes all over the place and there is no way to fill them with studs at every position. Not with our personel and financial situation. We badly need another draft and we haven't even played a game in 2011.

I would like to see the Broncos follow the plan of the Bucs and Chiefs. Build with youth and play the youth. This team got addicted to FA's under Shanahan. Ultimately it led to wins but it resulted in a cash strapped team who didn't have an eye to the future with draft picks. As someone else noted, McD left us with no talent.

I am more than willing to sit back through 2-3 more tough seasons IF this team acquires picks, keeps the picks it has, uses them, and plays them.

I know there is the "best player plays" mentality but the team can't afford that at this point. The reason is even if a player is better than some of our rooks/younger players chances are they wont be here long term anyway. We need to get through the growing pains and experience now.

GB did it this way too as 38 or more of their 53 man roster were all drafted by GB.

This is a multi year project. It would be nice to find out what we have in Tebow before 2012.

Agreed!

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I would like to see the Broncos follow the plan of the Bucs and Chiefs. Build with youth and play the youth. This team got addicted to FA's under Shanahan. Ultimately it led to wins but it resulted in a cash strapped team who didn't have an eye to the future with draft picks. As someone else noted, McD left us with no talent.

I am more than willing to sit back through 2-3 more tough seasons IF this team acquires picks, keeps the picks it has, uses them, and plays them.

I know there is the "best player plays" mentality but the team can't afford that at this point. The reason is even if a player is better than some of our rooks/younger players chances are they wont be here long term anyway. We need to get through the growing pains and experience now.

GB did it this way too as 38 or more of their 53 man roster were all drafted by GB.

Agreed!

I agree with most of this, but not the sitting through 2-3 tough seasons. This is the modern NFL,and you can't wait 2-3 seasons to "build." By that time you are losing half your players to Free Agency.

jhildebrand
08-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I agree with most of this, but not the sitting through 2-3 tough seasons. This is the modern NFL,and you can't wait 2-3 seasons to "build." By that time you are losing half your players to Free Agency.

But with the new cba rookies are signing longer deals. That aside, I think this season will be rough but the next better and even better. I guess that is all too optimistic until we find out if we have a QB or get one if we dont.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Not familiar with this website, but I've seen the same explanation before...

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/Notes.htm

It's much more like getting a new car, filling out the paperwork for the title... thinking you have everything filed, only to find out later you missed one of the fees you were supposed to pay, and are now required to pay a specific fine as well as the fee.

you get attempted murder for the cop, you get fined almost 2 mil for fraud..

in the end both are breaking the law.. and paying the fine admits to one an all that you cheated..

I had remembered it as a quarter mil fine not 950k for the first one and I don't remember the second one at all. I'm guessing it was downplayed in DEN news to not ruffle mikeys feathers..

but either way he got caught with his hand in the till so to speak by the league and paid for it..

How about those Skins?

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:17 PM

Agreed!

was a damned fine post till you sated Josh left us with no talent..

He took the good talent that were team players and added to them with the likes of Walton, Ayers, beadles, Dawkins, Colquit, Decker, Goodman, Mays, Mc Bath, Olsen, Paxton, Quinn, Tebow, Thomas, White, Moreno, Quinn R,

and kept the following holdovers Prater, Lloyd (whom was not used by mickey),
Doom, Kuper, Clady, Royal, DJ although I do not see that he is all that) and Bailey..

HArdly a whos who of NO TALENT..

He got rid of a few head case, money hungry me guys.. Why you do not get that they could not have all been kept if for not other reason than MONEY, is beyond my understanding..

I'd have loved to keep Hillis, but say la vie..

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
But with the new cba rookies are signing longer deals. That aside, I think this season will be rough but the next better and even better. I guess that is all too optimistic until we find out if we have a QB or get one if we dont.

Are you sure, most of the top Draft choices in the past were signing 5-6 year deals the past couple of years now the max is 4 with a huge price tag option for 5 if the team wants to exercise it..

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
wow.. now you are giving credit to McD for the players that were already here. Lloyd was already here. Prater..already here.

:lol: and you actually included Quinn on the list of players as included for POSITIVE talent!!! :lol:

None of those player (other than Lloyd and Prater that were already here) are considered GOOD talent!!! :pound:

LordTrychon
08-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Pretty sure they're signing shorter contracts now, because of the rookie cap.

They accepted a paycut for unproven rookies... on the basis that the payday for those who earn it comes sooner.

That's at least the case at the top of the draft, where if I'm not mistaken Von Miller and Cam Newton both have the 4 year contracts that are the max. There's rules about an expensive 5th year.

In the past, a top draft pick would sign for 6 years, wouldn't they?

MOtorboat
08-01-2011, 12:35 PM
wow.. now you are giving credit to McD for the players that were already here. Lloyd was already here. Prater..already here.

:lol: and you actually included Quinn on the list of players as included for POSITIVE talent!!! :lol:

None of those player (other than Lloyd and Prater that were already here) are considered GOOD talent!!! :pound:

I'll preface this assuming he meant Brady Quinn and not Dick Quinn.

I know it involves Hillis, so this is hard to point out to people, but acquiring Quinn was a good move. It became a bad move a month later when he decided to draft Tebow in the first round.

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 12:39 PM

I know it involves Hillis, so this is hard to point out to people, but acquiring Quinn was a good move. It became a bad move a month later when he decided to draft Tebow in the first round.

I don't see acquiring Quinn as a good move at all. What did we gain? A mediocre QB that the Browns could NOT get rid of despite having him OPENLY available for teams to trade for and NO ONE did (other than us). Not to mention McD HAD to have known they had Tebow on the radar at that time. So there was never a time when it was a good move, imo.

MOtorboat
08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't see acquiring Quinn as a good move at all. What did we gain? A mediocre QB that the Browns could NOT get rid of despite having him OPENLY available for teams to trade for and NO ONE did (other than us). Not to mention McD HAD to have known they had Tebow on the radar at that time. So there was never a time when it was a good move, imo.

Quinn is the perfect back up. He has one or two good games in him per season, and if you're starter goes down he could, at least, maintain a team.

Do people really not remember how bad Simms was? If Quinn were on this team in 2009, we would have made the playoffs, and Orton could have fully healed that ankle before coming back and trying to play hurt.

The compensation (the perpetual love toy of all Broncos fans, Hillis) makes it impossible for people to see the forest through the trees on that deal and then unbelievably drafting Tebow a month later made it downright dumb to do.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-01-2011, 12:52 PM

Actually MO, this is what he typed:

He took the good talent that were team players and added to them with the likes of Walton, Ayers, beadles, Dawkins, Colquit, Decker, Goodman, Lloyd, Mays, Mc Bath, Olsen, Paxton,Prater, Quinn, Tebow, Thomas, White, Moreno, Quinn R,

So he listed both Quinns. JR has it in his mind that Dick Quinn is some kind of crushing blocker because that was his reputation coming out of college. It never materialized in the NFL, but JR still insists it's true.

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
The compensation (the perpetual love toy of all Broncos fans, Hillis) makes it impossible for people to see the forest through the trees on that deal and then unbelievably drafting Tebow a month later made it downright dumb to do.

Exactly. You can call it whatever you want.... but the Bronco fans knew what we had in Hillis. Quinn didn't give us anything that we couldn't find in MANY different QBs that can "back-up" in the NFL. Quinn is ANYTHING but a "perfect back-up" because he hasn't shown he can be counted on for anything. He's played TERRIBLY in his time in the NFL, and there is nothing that I can see that would justify you saying he's the "perfect" back-up at all!

Then drafting Tebow (which McD HAD to of known he was going to do) just made it that much dumber. So what did we gain? Nothing. What did we lose? A lot. So no.. it was not a good trade at the time, because going by your own definition that only lasted 4 measley weeks. How can that EVER be considered a good move if the ONLY "good" lasted four weeks? Plus, what YOU consider to be good is highly debatable at minimum.

MOtorboat
08-01-2011, 12:56 PM

He took the good talent that were team players and added to them with the likes of Walton, Ayers, beadles, Dawkins, Colquit, Decker, Goodman, Lloyd, Mays, Mc Bath, Olsen, Paxton,Prater, Quinn, Tebow, Thomas, White, Moreno, Quinn R,

So he listed both Quinns. JR has it in his mind that Dick Quinn is some kind of crushing blocker because that was his reputation coming out of college. It never materialized in the NFL, but JR still insists it's true.

I didn't see the second Quinn on the list, but yeah, Dick Quinn not solid talent.

So not solid that the position he plays has thusfar been the focal point of free agency.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 12:57 PM

Actually I meant both Quinns ..

SOme have not gotten over their bromance with jay.. and anyone not jay is just not good enough..

I'm guessing the Josh had zero intent on getting Tebow at the time he got Quinn.. But when the chance popped up, just like mikey could not pass on jay, he had to go for the gusto.

Remember at that time Orton was average or below the season before..for whatever reason could not or would not throw the long ball. But he lit it up last year and totally dominated our QB race.. I'm almost guessing had he known what Orton would do he would not have made the moves he did..

Also remember that Quinn was the first choice of Josh when trading jay, At the time CLE was not interested.. I'm guessing that Josh did not have to think twice when the trade talks started..

BUt then I did make a mistake and will correct it about prater and Lloyd.

I forgot that mikey released Elam (all time point leader for DEN) and brought in Prater..

I'll go back and correct that error.

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
What on gods green earth does Quinn have to do with Cutler??? :lol: He just makes shit up.

I didn't like the trade for Quinn because he sucked.. what does Cutler have to do with that trade when Cutler was already in Chicago.

Also.. anyone thinking that Josh "jumped at the chance" to get Tebow after trading, trading and trading...is even more foolish than I thought. If our coach didn't know he was going to draft Tebow (or at least try) at the time of trading away Hillis for Quinn....then he's a BIGGER idiot than I already feel he is.

chazoe60
08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
McD took an offense that was great at getting yards but mediocre at putting points on the board and turned them into a team that was good at getting yards and terrible at putting points on the board. Then he took a defense that was God awful at giving up points and turnedthem into a defense that was God awful at giving up points. And did all this miracle work in two short years. He reply is a great personnel man. :laugh:

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 01:07 PM

IT is true every report I have seen on the kid is he is a blocking TE and even this year is making good catches in TC..

I'm sure that since BLOCKS are not a stat in the NFL most of the time those on the OL are totally over looked and because he does not catch like sharpe he is worthless.

NOT sure why everyone believes that every TE is a flop if he does not put up Sharpe kinda of numbers..

There is a home for blocking TE's and IIRC we just added another one to the roster the past couple of days..

Lets see who makes the team this year and then we can really talk about talent or no talent.. and who was left over from which regime..

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 01:08 PM
But with the new cba rookies are signing longer deals.

I don't know if this is accurate. I thought the new CBA shortened the rookie contracts so that they could get the big "pay day" sooner after they signed the capped rookie deals. Less money from their rookie contracts, but quicker to become FAs.

BigDaddyBronco
08-01-2011, 01:08 PM
McD took an offense that was great at getting yards but mediocre at putting points on the board and turned them into a team that was good at getting yards and terrible at putting points on the board. Then he took a defense that was God awful at giving up points and turnedthem into a defense that was God awful at giving up points. And did all this miracle work in two short years. He reply is a great personnel man. :laugh:

And he sucked as a GM, like the previous regime. The only difference was the previous regime found ways to be mediocre instead of downright terrible.

I hope that has improved, but I'm not holding my breath.

Traveler
08-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't know if this is accurate. I thought the new CBA shortened the rookie contracts so that they could get the big "pay day" sooner after they signed the capped rookie deals. Less money from their rookie contracts, but quicker to become FAs.

You are correct.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 01:09 PM

Yet short sighted as He left the team with more useable talent than he inherited, lots more LONG term players on the squad than when he arrived IMO..

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
IT is true every report I have seen on the kid is he is a blocking TE and even this year is making good catches in TC..

I'm sure that since BLOCKS are not a stat in the NFL most of the time those on the OL are totally over looked and because he does not catch like sharpe he is worthless.

NOT sure why everyone believes that every TE is a flop if he does not put up Sharpe kinda of numbers..

have you not noticed that McD, himself, sat Quinn because he couldn't block? How is it you keep making stuff up and telling yourself these lil stories?

There is a home for blocking TE's and IIRC we just added another one to the roster the past couple of days..
Know why? I'll let you guess.

Lets see who makes the team this year and then we can really talk about talent or no talent.. and who was left over from which regime..
:lol: Not exactly a fair competition since McD traded away all the best players AWAY already!! :lol: :lol:

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Yet short sighted as He left the team with more useable talent than he inherited, lots more LONG term players on the squad than when he arrived IMO..

No... we had MUCH mor talent on the team when he got here then when he left. He traded away on the long-term young talent and then had to draft positions to replace what he traded away. How is that getting more "long term" talent? :tsk:

Tned
08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
What on gods green earth does Quinn have to do with Cutler??? :lol: He just makes shit up.

Why does nearly every thread get turned into a 'mikey' hate/bash thread (see Ty Warren thread)?

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Why does nearly every thread get turned into a 'mikey' hate/bash thread (see Ty Warren thread)?

still throwing out the LS hates mikey crap time to get over it..

do you think if you repeat it enough it becomes true..

underrated29
08-01-2011, 02:41 PM
So whats the deal with warren. Are we in the sweepstakes? Out?

I dont give a rats ass about josh, mikey, cutler or anyone else right now.

Just kinda interested in the thread topic of signing a big fat DT- mianly because we do not have any big fat DTs. we have the small penetraters nothing to stop the run with.

jhildebrand
08-01-2011, 04:34 PM

My understanding of the CBA is the rookies are locked into 4 year deals and there is language preventing them from holding out for "out performing their contract." I think holdouts going forward are at $30,000 per day. So in essence they are longer for the youngins that become stars as they are in 4 year deals. I believe previous rookie deals were 4 or 5 year deals with opt outs/ins. I could be totally wrong.

Either way, I stand by the point that I will deal with some major growing pains so long as this team is acquiring youth and playing them as a foundation. While it is nice to have some more polished guys/vets around like Dawk, at the end of the day they wont be here long enough for it to matter.

jhildebrand
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM
By the way, I bet Warren ends up in KC.

Ravage!!!
08-01-2011, 05:01 PM
My understanding of the CBA is the rookies are locked into 4 year deals and there is language preventing them from holding out for "out performing their contract." I think holdouts going forward are at $30,000 per day. So in essence they are longer for the youngins that become stars as they are in 4 year deals. I believe previous rookie deals were 4 or 5 year deals with opt outs/ins. I could be totally wrong.

Either way, I stand by the point that I will deal with some major growing pains so long as this team is acquiring youth and playing them as a foundation. While it is nice to have some more polished guys/vets around like Dawk, at the end of the day they wont be here long enough for it to matter.

I think there are some mistakes in this. I think the idea is that the union agreed to the "rookie cap" as long as the players had the ability to renegotiate their contract faster. Usually 1st round picks signed 6-7 year deals in the past...thats no longer. I don't know the rules as far as being able to "keep" the players. But I know that if you are UNDER contract, then you can't hold out like you could in the past or get the 30,000 per day and then if you don't appear a certain date (that is being negotiated now..may be August 9th or August 23rd)..then you lose a year of eligibility of being UFA.

That being said. If contracts are 3-4 years at a time now.. we (and every team in the NFL) can't simply afford to have 3 years of "Rebuilding." Never could, but its now even harder to do that.

Lonestar
08-01-2011, 05:01 PM

That is how I got it.. used to be as long as 5-6 years for top picks with huge signing bonus/guarantees. Now they are paid acroding to scale and are the property of the team until their contract is over..

most of them have 5th year option if they are paid the average of what teh top 5 or 10 players at their positions make.. SO A lot like franchising the player but IIRC they can do this with everyone on the top picks ONCE..

Dzone
08-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I like the idea of stocking the roster with former 1st round pics. One mans trash is another mans TREASURE! If even one of these guys lives up to their potential, we win. Next we need to sign Warren.

horsepig
08-01-2011, 09:27 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

I have to laugh a little at you're sig Top. I work with a guy nicknamed Lightning Charlie. Charlie is a great guy but, man you want to be out of the way when he swings a hammer! Like lightning, Charlie never hits the same place twice!

HammeredOut
08-01-2011, 09:41 PM
We need Warren. This was the must likely move of the Patriots offseason. Since Jenkins is with Philly, the next best plug stopper would be Warren. Dummerville could have a monster season, if we signed him.

Dzone
08-01-2011, 09:41 PM
All these available former first round pics make one realize just what an inaccurate science this whole drafting/scouting thing is. Whats the percentage of failed #1 picks? 50%?

MNPatsFan
08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
All these available former first round pics make one realize just what an inaccurate science this whole drafting/scouting thing is. Whats the percentage of failed #1 picks? 50%?Not sure whether you were including Ty Warren in that comment, but I don't think Ty Warren is/was a failed first round pick for the Patriots. He was a major contributor on their defense for a number of years and played well in 3 Super Bowls and won 2 SBs.

chazoe60
08-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Not sure whether you were including Ty Warren in that comment, but I don't think Ty Warren is/was a failed first round pick for the Patriots. He was a major contributor on their defense for a number of years and played well in 3 Super Bowls and won 2 SBs.

Sounds like an okay career so far to me.

HammeredOut
08-02-2011, 11:26 AM
If we sign Warren, Id say he have a real chance at stoping both the KC, and Oakland run games this year.

Hardwired
08-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Adam Schefter says we just landed Warren with a 2-year $10 million deal. $2.5 million guaranteed.

Dzone
08-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Awesome news!!!!

MOtorboat
08-02-2011, 08:54 PM
That's a decent get. I hope he still has some left in the tank.

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
YEAH!

Thats pretty sweet. I always thought he could be a good 43 DT.

UnderArmour
08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/statuses/98569791635341312

Broncos land former Patriots DE Ty Warren with a 2-year, $10 million deal that includes $2.5 million guaranteed.

FINALLY some serviceable DLinemen.

Clipworthy
08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
he's good but injury prone :( fingers crossed

chazoe60
08-02-2011, 08:57 PM
The DL went from horrible to having a chance to be decent. I may solely watch the defense this year. I'll get honey-dos done when the offense is on the field. :laugh:

BroncoStud
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Sweet!

Dzone
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1A6j7k80c&feature=related

hamrob
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Let's hope he still has some in the tank.

Good signing!

HORSEPOWER 56
08-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Interesting. I'm guessing Warren and Bunk will probably be the starters with Thomas and Vick in rotation. I feel a little better about the interior of the D-line now than I did a week ago. We still don't have any "impact" players, but at least there should be some competition.

broncofaninfla
08-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Warren and Buckley could very well be our starting DT's but I expect 1-2 more signed via waivers.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Merged into one big Warren thread.

Clipworthy
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
sooooooo.... looks like DT needs pretty much wrapped up

now what are people gonna complain about?

MOtorboat
08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Just a warning to those who don't like first round picks being role players...Ayers is going to be asked to set the edge, while Miller, Warren and Dumervil are going to be asked to get pressure.

Just saying...

topscribe
08-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Interesting. I'm guessing Warren and Bunk will probably be the starters with Thomas and Vick in rotation. I feel a little better about the interior of the D-line now than I did a week ago. We still don't have any "impact" players, but at least there should be some competition.

Thomas just might surprise . . .

-----

Traveler

We need more corners damnit!;)

DenBronx
Cant really argue with this signing or the Bunkley signing. Also we brough back Thomas and we have Vickerson. So yeah I feel much better. Still would have loved Marcel Darius here but who knows Miller might be our own version of Clay Matthews.

We saved a ton of money by being patient. Last thing Denver needs is a Haynesworth soap opera while were trying to rebuild.

Excited about the moves overall.

Lancane
08-02-2011, 09:27 PM

'Horton hears a who' is still on the roster, that right there is more then enough. ;)

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 09:30 PM
JosinaAndersonJosina Anderson

RT @Denver_Broncos: Broncos GM Brian Xanders on Ty Warren: "He's a strong, physical interior lineman w/proven success against t/ run & pass"

BoHusseyBo Hussey

@

@MaxBroncos They put together a somewhat formidable d-line without spending a ton of money -- impressive #Broncos

Clipworthy
08-02-2011, 09:34 PM
'Horton hears a who' is still on the roster, that right there is more then enough. ;)

I'm leaning towards wanting to see Tebow TAKE the job from Orton during preseason now, instead of it just being handed to him. Let the games begin :eek:

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 09:35 PM
VicLombardiVic Lombardi

Warren coming off hip surgery. It was a Broncos doc who did the work, so they're confident he's fully recovered.

31 minutes ago

MOtorboat
08-02-2011, 09:42 PM

How could we ever forget?

MileHighCrew
08-02-2011, 09:42 PM
very happy about this signing

topscribe
08-02-2011, 09:45 PM

I'm leaning towards wanting to see Tebow TAKE the job from Orton during preseason now, instead of it just being handed to him. Let the games begin :eek:

How in HELL did Orton and Tebow find their ways into THIS thread? :confused:

-----

TXBRONC
08-02-2011, 09:45 PM
This is a pleasant surprise because it was sounding like he was going to the Texans.

Lancane
08-02-2011, 09:46 PM
How could we ever forget?

I didn't think you would, but someone asked and I answered! :coffee:

Clipworthy
08-02-2011, 09:52 PM
How in HELL did Orton and Tebow find their ways into THIS thread? :confused:

-----

No thread is safe http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/14/84/60/42/68292010.jpg

topscribe
08-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I didn't think you would, but someone asked and I answered! :coffee:

I don't recall reading such requests in this thread.

No thread is safe http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/14/84/60/42/68292010.jpg

Not from, as I implied, Tebow groupies and sycophants . . .

NOW, LET'S GET THE HELL BACK TO WARREN, SHALL WE? :focus:

-----

BeefStew25
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't pay attention to the dine, but this sounds like decent news.

cuzz4169
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Now trade for Asante and defense could be legit!!!!

TXBRONC
08-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Now trade for Asante and defense could be legit!!!!

Like the front end of the defense I would prefer we work on getting younger on the back end as well.

Clipworthy
08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Like the front end of the defense I would prefer we work on getting younger on the back end as well.

and the idea of having to give up DJ to get Asante :mad: :tsk:

please, next plan

topscribe
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM

please, next plan

Well, they aren't going to GIVE him to us. :whoknows:

-----

cuzz4169
08-02-2011, 10:32 PM

please, next plan

sorry not a DJ fan...I think woodyard can fill his spot just fine.

Clipworthy
08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, they aren't going to GIVE him to us. :whoknows:

-----

Why not? Let's send you over to their facility. You can lay down a layer of our sad hopelessness until they can't refuse :coffee:

topscribe
08-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Why not? Let's send you over to their facility. You can lay down a layer of our sad hopelessness until they can't refuse :coffee:

I think I would make a poor representative.

I'm predicting a run at the AFCW championship. :D

-----

DenBronx
08-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I think I would make a poor representative.

I'm predicting a run at the AFCW championship. :D

-----

Sign Osi, make a trade for Samuels for beans and pick up Braylon Edwards and I 2nd this statement.

TXBRONC
08-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Sign Osi, make a trade for Samuels for beans and pick up Braylon Edwards and I 2nd this statement.

Didn't Edwards just re-sign with the Jets?

Ravage!!!
08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Didn't Edwards jut re-sign with the Jets?

you mean Holmes?

MOtorboat
08-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Edwards did just sign, and that pickup would be virtually worthless for Denver, nevermind that Edwards was clearly positioning himself for an east coast team, specifically the Jets.

NorCalBronco7
08-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Didn't Edwards jut re-sign with the Jets?

Pretty sure Herm retired. Yup, Im watching him on NFL Live right now. Jeez TX keep up.

Ravage!!!
08-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Pretty sure Herms retired. Yup, Im watching him on NFL Live right now. Jeez TX keep up.

Ya play to WIn the game!

UnderArmour
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Didn't Edwards just re-sign with the Jets?

Did I miss something? Braylon Edwards is still a free agent, he did not re-sign with the Jets.

Goes without saying, we shouldn't sign him.

Chidoze
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
I guess Ty Warren is a good pick up... This does remind me a lot of the off season we picked up the Browncos.

Chidoze
08-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Did I miss something? Braylon Edwards is still a free agent, he did not re-sign with the Jets.

Goes without saying, we shouldn't sign him.
Didnt he just pick up a DWI over the weekend too?

bcbronc
08-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Good signing. Looks like we should now have a rotation at DT that's not a disgrace to the game.

There are still big questuion marks at each level, but there's also some reason for optimism. Remember, we lost some key defensive players to injury last year, and not just Doom either. We've added depth, added two edge rushers to a defence that couldn't pressure the QB, and have.a system that better fits the personal.

Bold prediction: we will set ZERO embaressing defensive records in futility this coming season.

Poet
08-03-2011, 03:45 AM
I will freely admit I thought the Giants outplayed the Patriots for almost the entire game. The fact remains though that despite the Giants outplaying the Patriots, the Patriots were winning the game when Tyree made that miraculous catch AND if he doesn't make that catch the Giants don't score the go ahead TD.

Actually the Giants get one more crack at converting to a first down.

;)

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Pretty sure Herm retired. Yup, Im watching him on NFL Live right now. Jeez TX keep up.

Braylon Edwards you schmuck. :lol:

LordTrychon
08-03-2011, 08:56 AM
I guess Ty Warren is a good pick up... This does remind me a lot of the off season we picked up the Browncos.

Well, you couldn't expect them to fix the DL by FA and not be reminded of that, really.

However, as much as it was a short term fix... the browncos were cheap for us to pick up... and it was the best defense Shanahan ever put together. (Check it... better than SB teams.)

Got us the #2 seed in the playoffs, and a chance to go to the SB if we could win one more at home.

HammeredOut
08-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Well its great we have 1 good starter. Im glad we signed Warren, this makes up for not getting a lineman in the draft. And now, the team has its first true run stuffer at the DT position, since i can't remember.

Even though Bunkley was a back up rotational DT back in Philly, I still believe that Bunkley is better then what we have on the roster. So both Bunkley and Warren are a night to day upgrade at this position. Im impressed with this pick up.

Now we just need to ship off a player and pick up Asante. This defense is ready is stuff both KC and Oakland run game, and with Asante, we can defend against a high potent passing offense in San Diego. Whats this team trying to do?? Go to the playoffs this year?? I like this plan over the dump the roster plan, and watch the Broncos at the bottom of the basement this season.

Lonestar
08-03-2011, 09:21 AM
To all the naysayers that only wanted big time FA signed.

How bout those rookies in the FO?

Dumpster diving will continue as folks get cut.

So stop the hand wringing and worry about something else.

HammeredOut
08-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Another mans trash, turns out to be our treasure. This is like that show Storage Wars. We won the auction, now we gotta see what we have.

MileHighCrew
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Another mans trash, turns out to be our treasure. This is like that show Storage Wars. We won the auction, now we gotta see what we have.

Hi5 because I love storage wars. Great show.

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Good signing. Looks like we should now have a rotation at DT that's not a disgrace to the game.

There are still big questuion marks at each level, but there's also some reason for optimism. Remember, we lost some key defensive players to injury last year, and not just Doom either. We've added depth, added two edge rushers to a defence that couldn't pressure the QB, and have.a system that better fits the personal.

Bold prediction: we will set ZERO embaressing defensive records in futility this coming season.

Warren if he's healthy should be pretty good pick up. He's 30 years old but I not as concerned about him having something left in the tank as I was with the 34 year old J. Williams.

CoachChaz
08-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Gig 'em, Aggies!!!

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Warren if he's healthy should be pretty good pick up. He's 30 years old but I not as concerned about him having something left in the tank as I was with the 34 year old J. Williams.

From what I remember he was a beast but injured last season. I hope he has atleast 2 yrs in tank since that is what we signed him too.

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
From what I remember he was a beast but injured last season. I hope he has atleast 2 yrs in tank since that is what we signed him too.

He played in all 16 games last season and he didn't look like dominating nose tackle that he was in San Diego. Also he's no longer with the team.

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 01:05 PM
He played in all 16 games last season and he didn't look like dominating nose tackle that he was in San Diego. Also he's no longer with the team.

I am talking Warren not Williams.

Williams was an overrated has been.

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Gotcha.

Bosco
08-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Solid signing, although I'm lol hard at giving a 30 year old Warren essentially the same deal that would have landed Mebane.

Lonestar
08-03-2011, 01:50 PM

After basically a year off he was a good risk. NO ONE in their right mind thought he would play every snap of every game. C

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 02:02 PM
After basically a year off he was a good risk. NO ONE in their right mind thought he would play every snap of every game. C

what?

rationalfan
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
don't get me wrong, i don't believe ty warren will be a force like ngota or raji. but why does it seem like every single signing this offseason is received with "shoulda got this guy instead," "too much money," "when are we going to sign someone awesome," etc.?

people have been screaming on here for the broncos to sign some quality Dlinemen. they did. they're not great. but they're starter-level players. it's a vast improvement over the past how many years. i'm content. not elated. not disappointed. content.

sometimes, disappointment is a habit.

turftoad
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM

He took last year off too. :shocked:

topscribe
08-03-2011, 02:33 PM

As did most of the "defenders" . . .

-----

BeefStew25
08-03-2011, 02:39 PM
As did most of the "defenders" . . .

-----

Orton took off the last three games of last year, Methuselah!

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 02:42 PM

If were talking about Jamal Williams I wouldn't say he took the year off. I think he gave it his all he just had nothing left in the tank.

turftoad
08-03-2011, 02:45 PM
If were talking about Jamal Williams I wouldn't say he took the year off. I think he gave it his all he just had nothing left in the tank.

Same think. Hell, I knew that, how could McFired NOT?? :shocked:

topscribe
08-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Orton took off the last three games of last year, Methuselah!

Might as well have. He looked over at the "defense" and said, "Shoot, I'd like to
try out one of those lawn chairs." :nod:

-----

topscribe
08-03-2011, 02:49 PM

He was too busy pumping his arm and yelling, "Yessir! Yessir!" :D

-----

Northman
08-03-2011, 03:12 PM
http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/3.5/img/logos/45x30/DEN.png
Ty Warren | DE 2010 Team: New England Exp: 8 years

Analysis: Warren joined the Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d8213233a), the team announced Tuesday. ESPN reported that the former Patriot received a two-year, $10 million contract with $2.5 million guaranteed.

Warren reportedly also considered the Chiefs, Cowboys and Texans after being released in New England. He has 20.5 sacks in eight seasons after being a first-round draft pick.

slim
08-03-2011, 04:24 PM
So 5 million per year?

How much did Jenkins and Mebane get?

Dzone
08-03-2011, 05:07 PM
I dunno but we just added 1,200 LBS to the roster. Hope it helps

Canmore
08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
ukashpayment Türkiye de %100 Yasal hem ucuz hem guvenli Ukash Kart satışı yapmaktadır. Ucuz ukash, ukash, ukash al, ukash destek.Ukash Almanin en hizli yolu ukashpayment ukash pinleriniz bozdur,bozdurma,bozulur lutfen iletisime geciniz

That certainly was informative, lol.

Dzone
08-03-2011, 06:20 PM
ukashpayment Türkiye de %100 Yasal hem ucuz hem guvenli Ukash Kart satışı yapmaktadır. Ucuz ukash, ukash, ukash al, ukash destek.Ukash Almanin en hizli yolu ukashpayment ukash pinleriniz bozdur,bozdurma,bozulur lutfen iletisime geciniz

Im convinced. Where would you like me to send the money?

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 06:21 PM

Do you take check or do I need to wire transfer the funds? Does that include a blonde or not?

Dzone
08-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Do you take check or do I need to wire transfer the funds? Does that include a blonde or not?
No blonde, but $10,000,000 will be deposited into your account 30 days after you send in your first payment of $10,000 to a Nigerian bank account

NightTerror218
08-03-2011, 06:39 PM
No blonde, but $10,000,000 will be deposited into your account 30 days after you send in your first payment of $10,000 to a Nigerian bank account

thanks for the translation

bcbronc
08-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Did Jr change his username again??

Dzone
08-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Hopefully Ty Warren will play as good as Seymour and Vrabel played after New England got rid of them

TXBRONC
08-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Remember McDaniels is the same guy who just a few weeks ago said he had no idea what a franchise quarterback is.

chazoe60
08-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Screw you buddy, we don't like fereners round here.

spikerman
08-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Did Jr change his username again??

I'm not so sure that was Jr. I speak fluent gibberish and I didn't notice any reference to how bad Mikey was in that entire post.

NorCalBronco7
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM

Jesus, raider fans are illerate.

Lonestar
08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Phidelt218

what?

WIlliams had bascially 2009 of on injured reserve.. Played a few games then had a knee issue IIRC.. He was off for the year resting his body, was cleared to play and would have been a good asset had he had teh incentives to get the job done..

As I said before he was not expected to play every down and there was really no one to replace him with when he was tired..

Medford Bronco
08-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I like this signing if he is healthy. He was a good player in NE when rotated. he can stop the run and put some pressure on the QB. I hope he does well this year for us.

Ziggy
01-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Bump- As requested by Dogfish. This one definitely didn't work out well for us this season.

topscribe
01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Bump- As requested by Dogfish. This one definitely didn't work out well for us this season.

May next year just fine, though. One of the media -- I forget who now -- said
Warren could have played a few games ago, were he not on IR, and is looking
forward to playing again . . .

NightTerror218
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM
i want to see what he can do, he was good. Maybe letting the bicep heal will let the rest of his "issues" heal too since he has been injury prone.

VonSackemMiller
01-17-2012, 06:05 PM
We really missed this guy, with him in the rotation along with bunkley coming on strong. we might have been alright at DT this year.

Ziggy
01-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Warren was a big play guy in his prime. He's definitely past that prime, but I think he still some gas left in the tank. I stand by my assessment that he's the most talented DT on this roster.

VonSackemMiller
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Theres no question he has talent left, Patriots just moved on as they always do when a DT is close to the 30s. I believe Warren taking the year off and Nate irving taking the year off will work magic for them next year. We need to go after Okoye in free agency and draft a DT, resign bunk and we should be good on the DL.

bcbronc
01-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Problem is, this is his second consecutive season he's missed on IR. He's a big question mark imo as to how effective he'll be after sitting out two seasons.