PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 practice report tweets from Cecil Lammey

titan
07-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Great day 2 summary from Cecil Lammey on twitter (very detailed - tweets below) Follow him at @cecillammey

@cecillammey 8:08pm via Web

#broncos Tebow looked better today, good but not great, seemed to be throwing naturally instead of aiming, took some chances downfield

#broncos tebow had a decent day passing but did throw at least 1 pick, some WRs really let him down too

Tebow threaded the needle between two defenders but D'Andre Goodwin dropped the pass, good to see Tebow take the chance and not checkdown

I liked Tebow's footwork today, very precise and he spun the ball better because of it, first part of throwing starts in your legs

#broncos QB Orton still looked focused, throwing with zip although timing was a little off today, some passes low and behind WRs

one of the low passes from #broncos QB Orton was picked off by Von Miller...a GREAT play where he scooped the ball with two hands

Miller got up and started to run with the football and the crowd at #dovevalley erupted in applause, a great play, great reactions/hands

Brady Quinn looked more confident running the offense and continued his strong performance in #broncos training camp, making the most of it

Adam Weber looks decent, but stares down receivers too much and doesn't have the arm strength to throw across the field #broncos

okay, on to the #broncos RBs Jeremiah Johnson with another strong day, quick initial burst, very decisive and explodes out of cuts

Johnson not overly fast but gets to top speed in a hurry and doesn't lose that speed when he changes direction, anticipation good, vision 2

Loved Brandon Minor when he arrived at Michigan with Kevin Grady, however not standing out at #broncos training camp

Minor too slow, too indecisive, and didn't press edge to create cutback lane on outside run, not going to happen for him...moving on...

Lance Ball is a great guy but average instincts, gets swallowed up by defense, low center of gravity tho and good balance

back to Jeremiah Johnson quickly, looked good on wheel routes out of the backfield, looks pass in, turns up quickly, good burst 2

Knowshon Moreno had a better day at #broncos camp - looked good catching passes in drills and scrimmage

Moreno was getting separation on routes and did a good job of looking passes in, have no issues with him as a receiver...runner a diff story

reading multiple defenders too much for Moreno's processor as a runner, one on one in open field a diff story, good rec out of backfield

on to the WRs... #broncos Brandon Lloyd is the real deal (again) guy just makes plays, diff catches seem routine for him, another grt day

I liked what I saw from Eddie Royal today... adjusted to poorly thrown pass from Orton in stride, gathered it and turned upfield, good play!

Eddie Royal looked smooth in and out of his breaks, drag routes, crossing routes he ran them all well today - still struggles on jerk routes

Royal had good timing with Quinn today, better than he did with Orton, still made plays on poorly thrown passes from 8

Eric Decker had a good day, could have had a better day, but ran a wrong route and was chewed out by Orton, caused pass to fall incomplete

Yes, Decker doesn't get amazing separation but he catches every contested pass thrown his way, uses frame to his advantage

Decker has good concentration and strong hands to gather passes when ball is getting swiped at, if u want 2 knock it away u better b serious

Decker makes a good target near the sideline and can 'dot the i' with his feet to stay inbounds, holds ball high and away from body

Decker has downfield skills too and is swifter than some think, deceptive speed for sure

quick defense notes before I get to Julius Thomas #manlove - Champ picked off 8 covering Lloyd crowd went wild

I like what I've seen from #broncos DT/DE Jeremy Jarmon - very athletic, strong punch, quick off the ball, potential is there

Okay, time for Julius Thomas notes - saw him at Shrine Game practices in Orlando earlier this year and he was the best TE at the game IMO

Talked to Julius Thomas at the Combine in Indy, great interview, smart kid, and funny - could jump over a Kia to dunk a basketball LOL

#broncos don't need to add a move TE as Thomas has Antonio Gates like upside, very happy the team did their homework & recognized his talent

Thomas had a great day of practice today, #broncos fans watch 80 go and you're in for a treat, stands out first because of his size

Julius Thomas is big but soooo smooth as an athlete, can get upfield in a hurry, knows how to use his frame to 'box out' defenders

Thomas creates mismatches on the field because he's too big for safeties to cover and too fast for linebackers 2 cover #broncos got a good 1

Julius Thomas looks and plays like a supersized WR, willing blocker that needs to develop that skill set if he's going to be all around guy

best play of the day from #broncos camp ? Other than Von Miller scooping INT and return I would say Julius Thomas play, desc up next

Crowd was oohing and aaahing after Thomas broke off a double move, head fake inside, and hauled in deep pass down sideline - great play!

Dzone
07-29-2011, 10:21 PM
cool. Thanks!

atwater27
07-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Julius Thomas turning heads, eh? Right on.

ALso, Orton will win the starting job hands down.

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Julius Thomas turning heads, eh? Right on.

ALso, Orton will win the starting job hands down.

SOunds like he was a little shaky today...... Maybe hearing footsteps of defenders in other camps

broncoFan!
07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
WR's adjusting to poorly thrown passes by Orton. Same story since TC's of 2009. :tsk:

Knowshon seems to have some skill as a WR (more so than a RB in the NFL) we could run him in some wildcat packages this season.

:cool:

Glad to see Eddie Royal back in the fray. That kid was awesome back before he had that hip injury. Shanahan knew how to use him in his offense. Mcd didn't. Let's hope Mike Mccoy is running the offense and draws up some good routes in our gameplan.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Good report, but who is Cecil Lammey.

Someone local in DEN?

Dzone
07-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Hope J Thomas is the answer at TE. Sounds very encouraging. Good to hear about Tebow. Tebow is going to have to beat out Orton in the games, with live hitting.
Great to hear B Loyd is still a freak and not a fluke.
Hope we see the Eddie Royal of 2008.

CoachChaz
07-29-2011, 10:36 PM
If Decker is a possession guy, the Royal will be in the slot again.

I hope Fox screws with everyone and gives the job to Quinn. Why the hell not?

broncoFan!
07-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Hope J Thomas is the answer at TE. Sounds very encouraging. Good to hear about Tebow. Tebow is going to have to beat out Orton in the games, with live hitting.
Great to hear B Loyd is still a freak and not a fluke.
Hope we see the Eddie Royal of 2008.

There is no such thing as a fluke in the NFL. ;)

scott.475
07-29-2011, 10:46 PM
I want Jeremiah Johnson to do well because, well, his freaking name is Jeremiah Johnson! How cool is that?

Orton throwing low and behind...shocking!

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Orton throwing low and behind...shocking!

They were working on 3rd down plays......:laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Good report, but who is Cecil Lammey.

Someone local in DEN?

Yes, Cecil is local here:

http://www.footballguys.com/

titan
07-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Yes, Cecil is local here:

http://www.footballguys.com/

In addition to footballguys.com Cecil has a football talk show on Sunday mornings on 102.3 FM the Ticket. Also he shows up during the week to give football updates on different shows on that station.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
In addition to footballguys.com Cecil has a football talk show on Sunday mornings on 102.3 FM the Ticket. Also he shows up during the week to give football updates on different shows on that station.

thanks not being there makes it hard to know who these folks are..

Wish there was some way of getting DEN stations on Direct TV..

titan
07-29-2011, 11:09 PM
What I found encouraging about Cecil's report was:

tight end Thomas looking great

Jeremy Jarmon, dl acquired from Washington, has potential

If these two players turn into contributors it shows the new regime can SCOUT. Thomas was a 4th rounder and Jarmon a trade acquisition. The downfall of Shanahan and McD were botched draft picks and terrible trades.

titan
07-29-2011, 11:12 PM

You can get 102.3 The Ticket through internet streaming - tune in Sunday morning 9 am Denver Time to hear Cecil's show:

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/

He's also going to be on noon - 3 pm Saturday from training camp.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 11:16 PM
You can get 102.3 The Ticket through internet streaming - tune in Sunday morning 9 am Denver Time to hear Cecil's show:

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/

At church sorry.

anyone have an old Direct tv card they are not using?;)

Dzone
07-29-2011, 11:17 PM

piece of cake bro. I live outside the range of those stations but I listen to them everyday.Use your computer and go to
http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx and listen to clough talk..I got it on right now. Its non stop Bronco talk right now. 102.3 is also excellent

Dzone
07-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Nothing more irritating than listening to a good show talking about football and then suddenly interrupted by a NASCAR talk show..arrrggghh...or worse, listening to a bronco talk show and have it interrupted by a Rockies game..Oh that sucks.

Superchop 7
07-30-2011, 10:30 AM

You just have to come up with a Colorado address for a month. Tell them you moved and they will reprogram your access card. Not cheap.....but thats how you do it.

BroncoJoe
07-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Call them and change your home address to a Denver address. Leave your billing address the same. Let them know you did the install yourself. You'll get the local Denver TV stations, but lose your own local stations.

Nomad
07-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Nothing more irritating than listening to a good show talking about football and then suddenly interrupted by a NASCAR talk show..arrrggghh...or worse, listening to a bronco talk show and have it interrupted by a Rockies game..Oh that sucks.

ESPN sports radio is up here and they do the same. You'll be listening to the talking heads about football then Mariners baseball comes up for the next 3 hours:rolleyes:........listening to baseball on the radio:drool:

LRtagger
07-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Call them and change your home address to a Denver address. Leave your billing address the same. Let them know you did the install yourself. You'll get the local Denver TV stations, but lose your own local stations.

wait wait wait...does this mean I would get all of the Broncos games on the local stations?

Dzone
07-30-2011, 11:37 AM
ESPN sports radio is up here and they do the same. You'll be listening to the talking heads about football then Mariners baseball comes up for the next 3 hours:rolleyes:........listening to baseball on the radio:drool:
LOL...Nothing worse than baseball on the radio..especially in colorado, with schemmel and that other dude. You get an hour pregame and an hour postgame and its like 5 hours of crap. We have to have the gayest sounding announcers in all MLB

Lonestar
07-30-2011, 12:07 PM

can't get the local stations now because I'm grandfathered in on having east and west coast feeds of nbc, cbs, and abc and frankly do not want the local stations here as they suck every third commercial is a car dealership hawking their cars.

I have family in NYC and LA so like to watch the new and weather forecasts so I diffenetly do not want to give that up for local programing..

that said I'd love to hear via PM from some one that has a spare card, that they are not using..

MOtorboat
07-30-2011, 12:09 PM
LOL...Nothing worse than baseball on the radio..especially in colorado, with schemmel and that other dude. You get an hour pregame and an hour postgame and its like 5 hours of crap. We have to have the gayest sounding announcers in all MLB

Not to derail a good thread, but you just must not be a baseball fan because the Rockies announcers are outstanding.

MasterShake
07-30-2011, 01:43 PM
piece of cake bro. I live outside the range of those stations but I listen to them everyday.Use your computer and go to
http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx and listen to clough talk..I got it on right now. Its non stop Bronco talk right now. 102.3 is also excellent

I'm starting to prefer 102.3, especially in the morning for Vic and Gary. I can not stand that Dmac schmuck on The Fan on the drive home. I kind of wish it was just Alfred Williams and Schlereth. The only show I don't care for on 102.3 is CJ and Klatt.

tomjonesrocks
07-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Entertaining read.

Lonestar
07-30-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm starting to prefer 102.3, especially in the morning for Vic and Gary. I can not stand that Dmac schmuck on The Fan on the drive home. I kind of wish it was just Alfred Williams and Schlereth. The only show I don't care for on 102.3 is CJ and Klatt.

Have it on right now..

WARHORSE
07-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Orton always does great in practice.

Put him in a game on third and six with a pass rush in his face and watch him do the 'fetal' fall for a loss of 5 and a punt.

Juriga72
07-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Orton always does great in practice.

Put him in a game on third and six with a pass rush in his face and watch him do the 'fetal' fall for a loss of 5 and a punt.

JUSt because he completed LESS than 48% of his passes on 3rd and 6 or less...

Man kick a guy when he is down after he was on record pace to throw up on himself on third downs

Dzone
07-30-2011, 05:11 PM

Yeah, I like both stations. I flip back and forth, depending who is on. Like today Schlereth is on.
Gawd Im a Broncos news junky...its worse this year than ever before..sheesh