PDA

View Full Version : Hey our first free agent signing!

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 06:06 PM
... is Matt Prater...

Welcome back Matt. You'd better stretch, we're going to be using the shit out of you this year, again.

Broncos re-signed K Matt Prater to a one-year contract.
Prater has missed only seven of his 53 field goal attempts over the past two seasons. Unfortunately, the Broncos' new conservative offensive philosophy will likely prevent Prater from doing much damage in fantasy leagues this year.
Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter
Jul 29, 6:55 PM

Clipworthy
07-29-2011, 06:12 PM
... is Matt Prater...

Welcome back Matt. You'd better stretch, we're going to be using the shit out of you think year, again.

no that's the other team that will be kicking off all the time :tsk:

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 06:28 PM
no that's the other team that will be kicking off all the time :tsk:

But seeing as how we're starting Orton, and he sucks donkey dick in the redzone, we'll be kicking lots of FGs...

horsepig
07-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Good signing, Prater's been solid, even very good at times.

dogfish
07-29-2011, 06:49 PM
But seeing as how we're starting Orton, and he sucks donkey dick in the redzone, we'll be kicking lots of FGs...

glad to see you can stay optimistic. . . . :lol:

i'm afraid colquitt's going to be the one getting a workout. . .

i am glad we signed prater, FWIW. . .

LordTrychon
07-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Saw his name on the FA list the other day at the restaurant... I had forgotten. This is decent news. I'll take it.

hotcarl
07-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Elway and Xanders are in over their heads... We will be bad for a long time. Thanks Pat!!

Suck for Luck! :mad::elefant::beer:

camdisco24
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Prater is the man. Glad to have him back!

Dzone
07-29-2011, 09:45 PM
OK, hearing a rumor on 1043 that the Broncos have botched the Mcgahee signing and it is falling thru. Hope thats not true.

atwater27
07-29-2011, 09:47 PM
OK, hearing a rumor on 1043 that the Broncos have botched the Mcgahee signing and it is falling thru. Hope thats not true.

We don't need McGahee. We need Bush.

Dean
07-29-2011, 09:50 PM
We don't need McGahee. We need Bush.

Are you speaking of your personal needs or just stating that in general bush is always good. :D

sneakers
07-29-2011, 10:14 PM
**** Yeah!

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 12:28 AM
isn't Lendale White healthy?

Stargazer
07-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Good to have him back.

Dzone
07-30-2011, 01:31 AM
isn't Lendale White healthy?

dont think he has ever been healthy

hamrob
07-30-2011, 11:01 AM
What is wrong with this front office?

They resign Prater to a "1" year contract?

What the hell is that all about. Prater is one of the best in the league...and they sign him for 1yr??

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 04:58 PM
What is wrong with this front office?

They resign Prater to a "1" year contract?

What the hell is that all about. Prater is one of the best in the league...and they sign him for 1yr??

We have no money. We haven't signed anyone because we can't. Not until the 4th of August when $17 mil in old contracts fall off. Had we been able to trade Orton, we'd have had his salary ($9 mil) to use for FAs, but we can't yet. Not to mention, we're supposedly "cash poor" so we can't give out any big signing bonuses to the bigger name guys, either.

I'd be willing to bet that Prater just signed his 1 year RFA tender offer, that's all. He was a RFA like Woodyard.

Speaking of that, has anyone seen/heard anything about Woodyard? He's supposedly an RFA and we still own him. We put a 2nd round tender on him I believe. Is he just sitting at home waiting for call from other teams and won't sign his tender offer or what?

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 04:59 PM
dont think he has ever been healthy

he lost 15 pounds and is looking good at camp apparently. never know, maybe he could turn out ok. if he can stay healthy, I like him as a power back option much more than most of the comparable f/a's out there now, reminds me of Hillis

Clipworthy
07-30-2011, 05:00 PM
We have no money. We haven't signed anyone because we can't. Not until the 4th of August when $17 mil in old contracts fall off. Had we been able to trade Orton, we'd have had his salary ($9 mil) to use for FAs, but we can't yet. Not to mention, we're supposedly "cash poor" so we can't give out any big signing bonuses to the bigger name guys, either.

I'd be willing to bet that Prater just signed his 1 year RFA tender offer, that's all. He was a RFA like Woodyard.

Speaking of that, has anyone seen/heard anything about Woodyard? He's supposedly an RFA and we still own him. We put a 2nd round tender on him I believe. Is he just sitting at home waiting for call from other teams and won't sign his tender offer or what?

Wesleys been re-signed, can't practice until Weds like the rest

>>> http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=&transactionYear=&transactionTeamAbbr=DEN&prevTransactionMonth=0&prevTransactionYear=0&prevTransactionTeamAbbr=

HORSEPOWER 56
07-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Wesleys been re-signed, can't practice until Weds like the rest

>>> http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=&transactionYear=&transactionTeamAbbr=DEN&prevTransactionMonth=0&prevTransactionYear=0&prevTransactionTeamAbbr=

Okay, thanks!