PDA

View Full Version : Injuries are Starting

NightTerror218
07-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Miller left practice with a trainer and Carter was carted off field due to injuries.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/29/von-miller-leaves-practice-early/8417/

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/29/rookie-carter-hurt-too/8419/

Dzone
07-29-2011, 06:22 PM
If this continues we should win the Andrew Luck derby. Ironic that the unLUCKiest franchise in the NFL will land a guy named Luck.
Its starting to look like this team is cursed.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Hell yeah! It's over before it begins!

If we would just forfeit the season now, I'll never have to watch Orton play for my beloved team again... those would be the days...

And to think, I actually had hope for this season...

underrated29
07-29-2011, 06:26 PM
No matter, I will be there tomorrow and my powers of awesomeness combined with the tebow.....

Lets just say we are free and clear:salute:

(last year guys were going down, then I showed up, and only big dick quinn did something to his ankle. So did another lineman or something.) Greek better watch his back because im coming for his job.

G_Money
07-29-2011, 06:28 PM
I like Quinton Carter more than Rahim Moore, depending on what we do with our scheme. He better have been carted off because he was so exhausted from being awesome.

I'm looking forward to watching him PLAY.

~G

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 06:30 PM
I like Quinton Carter more than Rahim Moore, depending on what we do with our scheme. He better have been carted off because he was so exhausted from being awesome.

I'm looking forward to watching him PLAY.

~G

You and me, both. Dude reminds me a of a better age. He's a hitter and is fearless.

G_Money
07-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Carter can do a LOT on a football field, and if he runs a 4.6 on the field the way he did at the combine I'll eat my hat. He's fast and fierce, and can cover, tackle in the run game or the passing one, and hit like a freight train.

Unless he can't figure out the pro game, what's not to like? Hopefully he's just out of breath due to the altitude (ha) and doesn't have a knee issue or something.

He's the guy who should be taking over for Dawkins shortly, if we did it right.

~G

Zweems56
07-29-2011, 06:38 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2011-training-camp-day-2-blog/

From today's blog.

Mohamed entered the lineup when Miller stepped to the sideline and laid down beside Head Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos, who proceeded to work on the rookie’s right leg. Miller stayed on the field for a while, but eventually walked back into the locker room.

Later in practice, Carter took a ride on a cart across the field, but got up and walked under his own power into the locker room as well.

Head Coach John Fox said after practice that Miller has a quad bruise, and Carter was suffering from heat stress.

Appears that we survived the day.

G_Money
07-29-2011, 07:30 PM
So he WAS worn out from being awesome. Terrific. :salute:

~G

xzn
07-29-2011, 07:41 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/29/fox-miller-has-bruise-carter-heat-issues/8433/

NightTerror218
07-29-2011, 07:43 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/29/fox-miller-has-bruise-carter-heat-issues/8433/

Glad it is only a bruise and heat. I dont want this to start looking like last year with players get injured left and right.

Dzone
07-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Heat stress? Hasnt he been working out this summer? So is he out of shape or what? Its not like he is a 375 pound Olineman. Come on!

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I heard Orton pulled his Uvula....as he was on record shattering pace in drills....

nevcraw
07-29-2011, 07:53 PM
glad our rook homies are alright.. hopefully once there vajayjay's are healed up they will get the azz's back into the lineup.. need all ther help we get get.

G_Money
07-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Heat stress? Hasnt he been working out this summer? So is he out of shape or what? Its not like he is a 375 pound Olineman. Come on!

You have to drink more water at altitude. A lot of kids coming from sea level don't know that and get dehydrated quickly - more quickly than they're used to. Which kicks off the heat stress.

That's the problem with skipping OTAs and just hitting training camp hard - a kid who's been working out at sea level isn't gonna be adjusted to what happens in camp here.

*shrugs* He'll pound the water from now on and be fine.

~G

TXBRONC
07-29-2011, 09:13 PM
It doesn't sound like Miller's injury is all that serious.

Dzone
07-29-2011, 09:18 PM
You have to drink more water at altitude. A lot of kids coming from sea level don't know that and get dehydrated quickly - more quickly than they're used to. Which kicks off the heat stress.

That's the problem with skipping OTAs and just hitting training camp hard - a kid who's been working out at sea level isn't gonna be adjusted to what happens in camp here.

*shrugs* He'll pound the water from now on and be fine.

~G

Ya thats true. I suppose it takes some getting used to. Thats why there is a big plaque outside the door of the visitors lockerroom at Invesco which make3s a big deal about the Mile High above sea level, just to mess with their heads...LOL

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Ya thats true. I suppose it takes some getting used to. Thats why there is a big plaque outside the door of the visitors lockerroom at Invesco which make3s a big deal about the Mile High above sea level, just to mess with their heads...LOL

Yeah a lot of good that has done As of late seems the mile high magic pretty much disappeared with Elway.

BeefStew25
07-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Yeah a lot of good that has done As of late seems the mile high magic pretty much disappeared with Elway.

Make sure you mention the wine and cheese crowd also.

Dzone
07-29-2011, 09:53 PM
I was glad to see Fox showing up in shape for camp. I was surprised how svelte the dude looked. I think he has lost some weight. The less he resembles Wade Phillips, the better.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 10:07 PM
lets hope that our conditioning guy keeps more players on the field than he has in the past what 5-6 years..

groin pulls in 08 IIRC then last year hamstrings and Achilles

IMHO something stinks in our conditioning department.

sneakers
07-29-2011, 10:13 PM
I love the Doom and Gloom posters here.....they also prolly call 911 if they get a splinter.