PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider Article -- Denver ranks 14th for the best under-25 talent

tomjonesrocks
07-29-2011, 12:31 PM
They're a bit more optimistic than I am. You have to have Insider to read this, and I guess if I can't post the whole article I'll just put what they write about the Broncos. Tampa was ranked first.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6808224/ranking-top-organizations-nfl-based-25-talent

---------

14. Denver Broncos

The Broncos are another team, like the Colts, for whom evaluating their 25-and-under talent is unduly difficult. First and foremost, does the new regime consider Tim Tebow to be the team's franchise quarterback? He played well in spots last season, but Josh McDaniels turned even Kyle Orton into a stud. Is Eddie Royal's future as a wide receiver or as a return man? Should we even count Demaryius Thomas when he seems to suffer a major injury every February? Will Knowshon Moreno develop into a feature back? Is second-overall pick Von Miller, who could combine with Elvis Dumervil to form the best pass-rushing duo of any 3-4 defense, going to be hamstrung by John Fox's switch to the 4-3?

The only things we can say with any degree of certainty are that (A) the Broncos finally used the draft to get younger on defense, and (B) they have arguably the best combination of youth and talent of any offensive line in the NFL.

------

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 12:33 PM
They're a bit more optimistic than I am. You have to have Insider to read this, and I guess if I can't post the whole article I'll just put what they write about the Broncos. Tampa was ranked first.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6808224/ranking-top-organizations-nfl-based-25-talent

---------

14. Denver Broncos

The Broncos are another team, like the Colts, for whom evaluating their 25-and-under talent is unduly difficult. First and foremost, does the new regime consider Tim Tebow to be the team's franchise quarterback? He played well in spots last season, but Josh McDaniels turned even Kyle Orton into a stud. Is Eddie Royal's future as a wide receiver or as a return man? Should we even count Demaryius Thomas when he seems to suffer a major injury every February? Will Knowshon Moreno develop into a feature back? Is second-overall pick Von Miller, who could combine with Elvis Dumervil to form the best pass-rushing duo of any 3-4 defense, going to be hamstrung by John Fox's switch to the 4-3?

The only things we can say with any degree of certainty are that (A) the Broncos finally used the draft to get younger on defense, and (B) they have arguably the best combination of youth and talent of any offensive line in the NFL.

------

http://i2.listal.com/image/111119/600full-anchorman%3A-the-legend-of-ron-burgundy-photo.jpg

rationalfan
07-29-2011, 01:47 PM
they have arguably the best combination of youth and talent of any offensive line in the NFL.

------

this is worth highlighting. i hope they grow well together.

Tned
07-29-2011, 01:51 PM
this is worth highlighting. i hope they grow well together.

Agreed. That was nice to read. Hope it shows up on the field. Beadles and JD were up and down last year, Franklin is a rookie. However, if Clady is back to pre-injury form, and the three 2nd year/rookies pan out, it could be a very good line.

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Agreed. That was nice to read. Hope it shows up on the field. Beadles and JD were up and down last year, Franklin is a rookie. However, if Clady is back to pre-injury form, and the three 2nd year/rookies pan out, it could be a very good line.
We have to hope. The running game might be the one bright spot we see this year.