PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign Willis McGahee UPDATE: (confirmed signed)

titan
07-29-2011, 11:15 AM
From twitter:

ProFootballTalk 10:13am via Web

Willis McGahee to Denver on three-year, $7.5 million deal with $3 million guaranteed.

=====

Finally we sign a free agent! OK, but still hoping for a defensive tackle.

Tned
07-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Per PFT and Josina:

RT @JosinaAnderson: ------->RT @ProFootballTalk: Willis McGahee to Denver on three-year, $7.5 million deal with $3 million guaranteed, per league source...

LTC Pain
07-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Good score EFX!!! Now go get us a couple of DTs!

Bugs Baloney
07-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Tweet via @Adam Schefter:

RB Willis McGahee reaches agreement with Denver on a 3-yr deal for $7,500,000, including $3 million guaranteed

Bugs Baloney
07-29-2011, 11:18 AM
merge if need be....

Lancane
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm too pissed over the Orton debacle to be excited, but at least we nabbed a pretty good veteran tailback...

LTC Pain
07-29-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm too pissed over the Orton debacle to be excited, but at least we nabbed a pretty good veteran tailback...

<...faints and falls on face over Lancane posting something positive...collects self and logs back in to the Broncos Forum for more good news...> :salute::beer::elefant:

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
ehhh....not excited. he won't beat out Moreno and that's not appealing to me.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:26 AM
<...faints and falls on face over Lancane posting something positive...collects self and logs back in to the Broncos Forum for more good news...> :salute::beer::elefant:

Dude, face it, the FO has really F'd this whole FA up.

Fannin will start with McGahee as the no 2

turftoad
Would have rather had Barber.

DenBronx
I just want to see us stop going after former Bills RB with lots of child support payments due.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 11:27 AM

but he will be a nice change of pace back:rolleyes:

not that excited either, running back isnt' the problem .. get into the trenches and some D. offensive line should be pretty well set with both skilled players and depth.

LTC Pain
07-29-2011, 11:28 AM

I don't think he will either. But I like the depth of Moreno/McGahee/White/Fannin/Ball.

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Would have rather had Barber.

I would have rather seen Barber here too. He is younger and runs harder.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I think this is a great move. He will be the chain-mover that dancing Moreno isn't. This will help our short-yardage and redzone offense quite a bit.

Marion Barber is much too slow to be effective. Willis is still fast enough.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I would have rather seen Barber here too. He is younger and runs harder.

Agree.

rationalfan
07-29-2011, 11:30 AM
i haven't watched mcgahee for a while. does he have any juice left or is he just a name people recognize?

also, seems like there's a lot of hate for the front office, suddenly. my perspective: this team isn't one or two players from the super bowl. big name free agents won't fix the broncos. they need a lot of help. i'd rather see them get several starting-quality players than one or two big names (mostly, because i don't think this is a strong FA crop.)

CoachChaz
07-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Definitely preferred Barber. Oh well...

broncofaninfla
07-29-2011, 11:45 AM
We got him cheap that's good, not a huge upgrade over noshow but he can get the get the tough yards that moreno can't..

broncofaninfla
07-29-2011, 11:48 AM

Agreed, this contract is pretty cheap, maybe they can still bring him in?

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 11:50 AM
he disapoints me every year in fantasy football.

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
FWIW McGahee was used in short yardage situations over Ray Rice. I watched a lot of Baltimore games last year (effin fantasy football), and while Rice had the breakaway speed and could catch, McGahee seemed to be the better pounder on the team. We could look similar with McGahee and Moreno (excpet Moreno doesn't have the breakaway speed - oh well...).

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 11:53 AM
FWIW McGahee was used in short yardage situations over Ray Rice. I watched a lot of Baltimore games last year (effin fantasy football), and while Rice had the breakaway speed and could catch, McGahee seemed to be the better pounder on the team. We could look similar with McGahee and Moreno (excpet Moreno doesn't have the breakaway speed - oh well...).

good info. I forgot he was with the Ravens. i had him with the Bills for some reason

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
good info. I forgot he was with the Ravens. i had him with the Bills for some reason
He was with the Bills for a couple years, and was pretty good for them. Went to the Ravens a couple years ago I think.

tomjonesrocks
07-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Another vote for 'not excited at all' but McGahee is a decent goal-line back.

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 11:57 AM
McGahee has to be a better option than a busted up LenDale White.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Wahhhhhhh!

I think it's a solid signing and gives us a nice competitive backfield.

CoachChaz
07-29-2011, 12:03 PM

Agreed, this contract is pretty cheap, maybe they can still bring him in?

Thats what I was thinking. Cut white and lance and bring in Barber. Not that RB is our top priority...unless of course your name is John Fox

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Thats what I was thinking. Cut white and lance and bring in Barber. Not that RB is our top priority...unless of course your name is John Fox

I keep reminding myself that Fox said RB is our top priority. I hope McGahee wasn't what he meant by "top priority"

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM

Moreno
McGahee
Barber
Fannin

That is pretty damn good depth. No superstars, but they could easily run the ball 30 times a game. Problem is that we will be hard pressed to do that if they can't stop the run and the other team eats up the clock.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Canfora on twitter saying the gun has been jumped. Nothing done yet.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Can't say I'm too excited. Of all the FA RBs out there to choose from we took the oldest, slowest, and least likely to be able to carry the load if/when Moreno does get injured. There were a lot of other RBs out there I would've preferred, but oh well.

McGahee was fine in spot duty for the Ravens, but he's all but done. He's not even a carry splitter there. Rice gets 60%, McGahee and Laron McClain share the other 40%.

This is about as exciting to me as trading a 4th for Lawrence Maroney last year.

:yawn:

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Maybe LeRon McClain will also follow McGahee here. Then we would at least have a true FB.

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 12:15 PM
JasonLaCanforaJason La Canfora

And McGahee likely to be in that mix, but no done deal at this point.

13 minutes ago

»

JasonLaCanforaJason La Canfora

There's some confusion on the McGahee front. Checked with more sources and told no deal with DEN. Team likely to workout RBs this weekend...

13 minutes ago

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe LeRon McClain will also follow McGahee here. Then we would at least have a true FB.

That would be something to actually get excited about.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 12:18 PM
mcgahee or brown..

I think brown is our first choice, then mcgahee. Either way one or both will be a bronco and split reps with knowshon and lenwale and I am happier.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Jeez, you know i would like it if they would give Barber a look 1st if this is true.
I realized McGahee is 30.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 12:22 PM
barber is done man. And despite what others say i dont think he fits fox zone scheme very well.

I wouldnt hate if we got him, but I think he about what bucky was for us last year.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Jeez, you know i would like it if they would give Barber a look 1st if this is true.
I realized McGahee is 30.

9th year in the league. pretty big back at 235. seemed to stay healthy most of his career.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 12:24 PM
barber is done man. And despite what others say i dont think he fits fox zone scheme very well.

I wouldnt hate if we got him, but I think he about what bucky was for us last year.

Why is he done? Was he injured? That whole mess in DAL was taxing i imagine.
I think he runs hard, and if properly motivated, he would be solid in DEN.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Why is he done? Was he injured? That whole mess in DAL was taxing i imagine.
I think he runs hard, and if properly motivated, he would be solid in DEN.

I have to agree. I don't know why everyone keeps discounting Barber. Was it because of his physical running style? Okay, isn't that what you want? For all the guys calling him "done", why could neither Felix Jones or Tashard Choice ever beat him out to start?

He was released for cap reasons and so Jerry Jones' boy Felix could finally be "the show" in Dallas because he's been a disappointment so far.

I'd much rather have Marion the Barbarian than 30 year old "part time" Willis McGahee.

Superchop 7
07-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I prefer young legs at the position. Depth is fine.....but......zbs will make the guys we have better.....might want to see how this all plays out before declaring RB is our biggest need.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I have to agree. I don't know why everyone keeps discounting Barber. Was it because of his physical running style? Okay, isn't that what you want? For all the guys calling him "done", why could neither Felix Jones or Tashard Choice ever beat him out to start?

He was released for cap reasons and so Jerry Jones' boy Felix could finally be "the show" in Dallas because he's been a disappointment so far.

I'd much rather have Marion the Barbarian than 30 year old "part time" Willis McGahee.

Yeah, i kinda agree. I get the McGahee goaline thing, but i think overall, Barber would fit well in denver.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 12:34 PM
what did barber do last year?

He had like 550 yards and 2 tds if i remember correctly. He didnt do anything, yeah he runs like a damn dump truck, but i think it is catching up to him. Reminds me of Rudy Johnson, had it and then bam....dropped off a cliff.

I love barber but not in our system and in our system I think he gets injured and is done. I think he could do fine at the giants, pats, titans, steelers just not here.

I guess we will see. My money says we dont sniff him and go hard for willis and or ronnie b.

MOtorboat
07-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Let's say McGahee is the only FA signed at RB...

Fox's teams averaged 468 runs per season in Carolina. If Moreno gets 230, McGahee 120, Tebow 80 (5 a game for those wondering), White 38 (I think those are reasonable expectations from each player).

Based on career averages, 4 YPC for Moreno and McGahee, 5.3 for Tebow, 3.7 for White, thats 1,964 yards and 23 TDs. Now Tebow's TD numbers inflate that, so let's say 20 TDs...that's a top 10 rushing team (would have been 10th in yards last season), and a top five scoring team running the football.

I could live with that. Now, I know the 920 yards and 6 TDs by Moreno in that scenario still wouldn't stop people from screaming annoyingly about where he was drafted, but that's a very productive rushing attack.

Lancane
07-29-2011, 12:39 PM
McGahee fits the need, I don't care what fans think of Moreno...but this is a make or break year, I said long ago that Moreno doesn't fit in a power blocking scheme, he's only been successful in a system with a zone blocking scheme instilled...so I still see him getting the reps as the main back. McGahee would undoubtedly compete with LenDale White, Lance Ball and Mario Fannin for the two, three and possible fourth spot.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 12:41 PM
what did barber do last year?

He had like 550 yards and 2 tds if i remember correctly. He didnt do anything, yeah he runs like a damn dump truck, but i think it is catching up to him. Reminds me of Rudy Johnson, had it and then bam....dropped off a cliff.

I love barber but not in our system and in our system I think he gets injured and is done. I think he could do fine at the giants, pats, titans, steelers just not here.I guess we will see. My money says we dont sniff him and go hard for willis and or ronnie b.

can you explain that?

I mean seriously, not disagreeing or anything. just don't understand.

GEM
07-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Tiki Barber is 36 (born 1975). McGahee is 29 (born in1981)

**EDIT**Ahhhhh...Marion Barber. :lol:

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Tiki Barber is 36 (born 1975). McGahee is 29 (born in1981)

**EDIT**Ahhhhh...Marion Barber. :lol:

I think mcgahee is 29 too. rather than 30 as someone posted earlier.

NorCalBronco7
07-29-2011, 12:50 PM
can you explain that?

I mean seriously, not disagreeing or anything. just don't understand.

I believe hes refering to Barber fitting better in a pbs.

GEM
07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
I think mcgahee is 29 too. rather than 30 as someone posted earlier.

He will be 29 in October, Wikipedia told me so. :laugh:

GEM
07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Apparently McGahee trained with DJ and Woodyard over the break. Told him they thought he would land in Denver.

From Twitter:

07-29-2011 12:47 PM

WoodDro59: @WillisMcGahee aye me and @djWilliam55 told you when were training that you would be here in denver! yes sirrrr lets get it

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
He will be 29 in October, Wikipedia told me so. :laugh:

that's where I get my information too. Great source

so mcGahee is 28 right now?

Bill Williamson is not at all excited on this pick up. says he's a backup to Mareno, which most would expect, I'm not so sure we need him in goalline situations with Tebow. sounds like his last 2 years were rather blah

Dzone
07-29-2011, 01:01 PM
This should put us in the playoffs.:elefant:

GEM
07-29-2011, 01:03 PM
that's where I get my information too. Great source

so mcGahee is 28 right now?

Bill Williamson is not at all excited on this pick up. says he's a backup to Mareno, which most would expect, I'm not so sure we need him in goalline situations with Tebow. sounds like his last 2 years were rather blah

Eh ****...he'll be 30. He's 29 now.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Eh ****...he'll be 30. He's 29 now.

who mcgahee or Barber?

silkamilkamonico
07-29-2011, 01:06 PM
meh, average NFL RB....and old.

Magnificent Seven
07-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Ah. I wish Broncos could get Raiders' Michael Bush.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:10 PM
meh, average NFL RB....and old.

He was a first rounder wasn't he? I think I vaguely remember him coming our of college, but just barely. I got the impression he was somewhat of a bust. he did stay with the bills for a while though.

GEM
07-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Ah. I wish Broncos could get Raiders' Michael Bush.

Restricted free agent. Davis has his dead corpse hand dug in til next season. :lol:

Dzone
07-29-2011, 01:14 PM
This signing is hard to get real excited about. Wonder what his YPC has been lately

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:15 PM
This signing is hard to get real excited about. Wonder what his YPC has been lately

think the year before last it was decent, but last year was not imprssive. something like 570ish total yards. I think I read

MileHighCrew
07-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe the Broncos can sign FB McClain and we can have a large part of the Ravens backfield

silkamilkamonico
07-29-2011, 01:17 PM
He was a first rounder wasn't he? I think I vaguely remember him coming our of college, but just barely. I got the impression he was somewhat of a bust. he did stay with the bills for a while though.

In 8 seasons, there has only been 1 season in which he had a higher ypc average than the NFL average.. He's broken 4.0 ypc 3 seasons in 8. He had 1 goof year (5.0 which is good in 2009), but other than that he has been an average NFL RB. Now he's just old like a dinosaur in RB age.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:19 PM
think the year before last it was decent, but last year was not imprssive. something like 570ish total yards. I think I read

make that 380 yards over 100 carries. the year before that he had 5.0 ypc average.

Northman
07-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Good pickup. Has some injury issues but is beastly in the goalline area.

Dzone
07-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Hard to get real excited when this is the biggest free agent signing so far. Im starting to wonder if we are too cheap to be competitive in FA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MB_NYUw5BE&feature=related

Tned
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Ok, reports are saying this isn't done. It might simply be because you technically close FA deals until 4:00 today, or it might be that it was a bad report. It's unclear to me right now which it is.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
In 8 seasons, there has only been 1 season in which he had a higher ypc average than the NFL average.. He's broken 4.0 ypc 3 seasons in 8. He had 1 goof year (5.0 which is good in 2009), but other than that he has been an average NFL RB. Now he's just old like a dinosaur in RB age.

yeah, he didn't seem to make that much of an impact, or an average one like yiou say

Northman
07-29-2011, 01:23 PM
This says he is done.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6815816/denver-broncos-reach-deal-willis-mcgahee-source-says

Northman
07-29-2011, 01:24 PM
yeah, he didn't seem to make that much of an impact, or an average one like yiou say

Unfortuantely, another case of stats dont tell the whole story. Ive watched plenty of Ravens games and although McGahee isnt a barn burner or occasionally has an owie when he is in he plays hard and plays well. This is a great signing.

hotcarl
07-29-2011, 01:27 PM
great pickup. NOT

Dzone
Always liked his attitude. Hope he can help us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xTKOoq1j0&feature=fvst

jhildebrand
Ok, reports are saying this isn't done. It might simply be because you technically close FA deals until 4:00 today, or it might be that it was a bad report. It's unclear to me right now which it is.

The issue is the Broncos could face tampering charges announcing any contact with McGahee prior to 4:01 today. He wasn't officially released until late yesterday. This deal is done the signing is just a formality at this point.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 01:36 PM
The issue is the Broncos could face tampering charges announcing any contact with McGahee prior to 4:01 today. He wasn't officially released until late yesterday. This deal is done the signing is just a formality at this point.

Then what about sidney rice signing, or the redskins singing like every wr out there, or matt hasselbeck, or vince young?

This makes no sense at all.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Unfortuantely, another case of stats dont tell the whole story. Ive watched plenty of Ravens games and although McGahee isnt a barn burner or occasionally has an owie when he is in he plays hard and plays well. This is a great signing.

yeah, stats can be misleading. I wish now that I watched more of him. glad you are of the opinion that you are

BORDERLINE
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Definitely not excited with the pick up. Willis to me seems is all about the money and Denver just gave him his last big check. Would have rather kept Buckhalter. Willis has had injuries even before he entered the NFL. Barber was a better choice for a change of pace rusher. I hope that I get proved wrong but this just doesn't look good to me

red98
07-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Then what about sidney rice signing, or the redskins singing like every wr out there, or matt hasselbeck, or vince young?

All of them have been warned about tampering.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/broncos-make-a-free-agency-false-start-too/

Also PFT says we are one of the teams looking at Vonta Leach.

Thoughts?

nevcraw
07-29-2011, 01:54 PM
They still need a nother running back now. they have one between Moreno and Willis.

get Snelling! Mark my words he is going to be to some team what Turner was to Falcons out of SD.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 01:59 PM
All of them have been warned about tampering.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/broncos-make-a-free-agency-false-start-too/

Also PFT says we are one of the teams looking at Vonta Leach.

Thoughts?

Which is so weird.. But i guess as long as we dont officially ink anything we are free and clear.

I would love Vonta leach here. He's not my first choice simply because of cost but we NEED a sexy FB here. I have love for larsen but i still think he is better as a downhill hitter than blocker and hole opener. I know nothing of the udfa guy, but with Vonta- we can be pretty sure that there are going to be some holes opened. BIG ONES...He was considered the best FB in the league.

What do you guys think? He is not a DT-but hey.

Tned
07-29-2011, 02:08 PM

I'm not sure about Rice, but I do believe there is a difference between negotiating with free agents vs. players that were released. It was ok to negotiate with free agents I believe, but McGahee having been newly released is probably the difference.

Nomad
07-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Which is so weird.. But i guess as long as we dont officially ink anything we are free and clear.

I would love Vonta leach here. He's not my first choice simply because of cost but we NEED a sexy FB here. I have love for larsen but i still think he is better as a downhill hitter than blocker and hole opener. I know nothing of the udfa guy, but with Vonta- we can be pretty sure that there are going to be some holes opened. BIG ONES...He was considered the best FB in the league.

What do you guys think? He is not a DT-but hey.

I would definitely welcome him and would rather him than another tailback but can the BRONCOS pay the man. I have all but given up on DTs this year.

Dzone
07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
that video of mcgahees knee injury in the fiesta bowl is grizzly. One of the worst ever. Gotta wonder what might have been

red98
07-29-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure about Rice, but I do believe there is a difference between negotiating with free agents vs. players that were released. It was ok to negotiate with free agents I believe, but McGahee having been newly released is probably the difference.

That's how I read it too.

I think the "weirdness" factor is just because of the weird off season and new CBA etc..

bcbronc
07-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Pretty debateable at this point whether Willis is even an upgrade on Buckhalter. As mentioned, if this is how EFX addresses our "biggest need" we're in for some glum years.

silkamilkamonico
07-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Pretty debateable at this point whether Willis is even an upgrade on Buckhalter. As mentioned, if this is how EFX addresses our "biggest need" we're in for some glum years.

I'm sure he was brought in only to serve as depth for the next couple years. He certainly isn't going to fix the positional need, or even come in and start.

RB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL. We will probably have an entirely new core of RB's in 2 years or so and be just fine.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 02:34 PM

Im calling it now that it is a significant upgrade. I think he is a perfect fit for our new scheme, he or brown.

But we shall see. I am going to TC tomorrow morning, hopefully he will be here and in pads so I can get a good look. I plan to focus on the RB and the OL/DL and rookies only.

Canmore
07-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Im calling it now that it is a significant upgrade. I think he is a perfect fit for our new scheme, he or brown.

But we shall see. I am going to TC tomorrow morning, hopefully he will be here and in pads so I can get a good look. I plan to focus on the RB and the OL/DL and rookies only.

What defensive line? :D

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 02:37 PM
I think we are going to run a 2-5-4 defense this year.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 02:40 PM
What defensive line? :D

Touche!

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 02:42 PM

bring back some picks

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 02:47 PM

This just isn't accurate. McGahee became a free agent yesterday. Teams have been able to negotiate with FAs since Tuesday. They can't officially sign him until 6 PM EST today (about 2 hrs, 15 minutes from now), but they can work out all the details. They just can't put pen to paper.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
This just isn't accurate. McGahee became a free agent yesterday. Teams have been able to negotiate with FAs since Tuesday. They can't officially sign him until 6 PM EST today (about 2 hrs, 15 minutes from now), but they can work out all the details. They just can't put pen to paper.

This is no different than the Vince young to Philly announcement.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 02:57 PM
bring back some picks

Pictures?

If you guys really want I can. Normally i dont do that so as i can concentrate. But if its a few pictures of man ass you want nut, I will get them for you in the beginning.

Maybe I will get one of decker and ankles for gem and she will share a picture of her ankles

red98
07-29-2011, 02:57 PM
This is no different than the Vince young to Philly announcement.

When the word came during a break in Friday’s PFT Live that running back Willis McGahee had agreed to terms with the Broncos, it didn’t occur to me that McGahee, who was officially cut Thursday by the Ravens, fell into the same boat as Vince Young and Roy Williams.

But like the Eagles and Bears, who technically jumped the gun by having contact with Young and Williams, respectively, before they appear on the official personnel notice to be published on or after 4:00 p.m. Friday, the Broncos can’t talk to McGahee until that happens...

...Said the e-mail from the league: “Notwithstanding a media announcement by a club regarding the termination or waiver request of one of its players, another club cannot contact such player or his agent prior to the player appearing on a personnel notice as a termination. A club that violates this rule is guilty of tampering and subject to discipline by the Commissioner. A player is not officially terminated from his contract until such notification appears on the Personnel Notice.”

In other words, no one can talk to Vince Young or Roy Williams or Willis McGahee or any other veteran who was cut on Thursday until the personnel notice is released on Friday.

This is for players that were cut. Free agents (players not under contract)are different.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Pictures?

If you guys really want I can. Normally i dont do that so as i can concentrate. But if its a few pictures of man ass you want nut, I will get them for you in the beginning.

Maybe I will get one of decker and ankles for gem and she will share a picture of her ankles

yes, ass and mooseknuckle.

NightTerror218
07-29-2011, 03:02 PM
I liked this pick up. I would rather have other RB but MaGhee was a good complement to Rice. I think he will help us out and give us some sort yardage help. He does not have a huge contract either.

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Pictures?

Get a shot of Mays ass for Beef.

jhildebrand
07-29-2011, 03:09 PM

john Clayton on 102.3 the ticket said the reason the broncos weren't answering any questions nor confirming any deal involving McGahee was due to tampering issues. I wouldn't think Clayton is not accurate on this subject.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 03:11 PM
This is for players that were cut. Free agents (players not under contract)are different.

I stand corrected. :couch:

bcbronc
07-30-2011, 04:24 AM

ya, maybe he will be. If we're bringing him in as essentially a goal-line/situational back, he could be effective. But if he's being brought in as more than that, as a rotational back or 1b type option...to be Stewart to Moreno's DeAngelo...then I'm not feeling confident about this (signing) at all.

imo a guy that can get to the corner is a better complement to Moreno than an inside power runner. Hopefully we can get both.

shank
07-30-2011, 04:58 AM
john Clayton on 102.3 the ticket said the reason the broncos weren't answering any questions nor confirming any deal involving McGahee was due to tampering issues. I wouldn't think Clayton is not accurate on this subject.

i don't believe i wouldn't not be disinclined to find this an interesting point.

tomjonesrocks
07-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Denver clearly must think Moreno is the answer with this signing--which I couldn't disagree more with. McGahee is disappointing based on the names we were hearing as possibilities.

Very underwhelmed with our FA period so far. Seems like the new management group is making rookie mistakes and/or trying to play free agency on the cheap which personally I'm tired of.

At least the Jets didn't get Asomugha, which I guess is something. And the team kept Prater.

DenBronx
07-30-2011, 09:15 PM
for what it's worth it's official now. and we actually extended him to a 4 year 10 mill contract.

Broncos signed RB Willis McGahee to a four-year, $10 million contract.Different terms than were reported on Friday, but McGahee is nevertheless a Bronco. Set to turn 30 and coming off a season in which his production fell off dramatically, McGahee's best fantasy bet for 2011 is a repeat of his 2010, where he vultured a good amount of goal-line carries from Ray Rice. Jul 30, 9:20 PMSource: Pro Football Talk on Twitter

TXBRONC
07-30-2011, 09:56 PM

I'm not so sure Orton being moved is a dead deal.

Tebow4Ever
07-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I do seriously think this is a good signing for the broncos. I see the backfield of Moreno,McGahee,and White(Not necessarily at this depth) to be better then what we have had lately. The short yardage situations should be greatly improved,as well as redzone opportunities.

MileHiWildcat
07-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Hooray ! An old RB with 2 bum knees !! They are going 12-4 I tell ya !

Dzone
07-31-2011, 12:54 AM
Lmao!

Lonestar
07-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Denver clearly must think Moreno is the answer with this signing--which I couldn't disagree more with. McGahee is disappointing based on the names we were hearing as possibilities.

Very underwhelmed with our FA period so far. Seems like the new management group is making rookie mistakes and/or trying to play free agency on the cheap which personally I'm tired of.

At least the Jets didn't get Asomugha, which I guess is something. And the team kept Prater.

wonder if Pat will come out and say we have made rookies mistakes again?

Dzone
07-31-2011, 01:00 AM
Sounds like the new skinny moreno is gettin his ass ragdolled out there...Im more confident in Fannin knocking the shit out of some people

FanInAZ
07-31-2011, 01:01 AM
For all of you that are so concerned about McGahee's health, I just got done spending more than an hour of research. I went to NFL.com for the list of the 50 top rushers for last year. After filtering out the 2 QBs (Vick: 34th & Freeman: 49th), as well as all RBs that have been in the league for less than 5 years, I came up with a list of 15 RBs with 5 or more years of experience amongst the NFL's top 50 rusher. I then recorded the number of games each player missed each year for the past 5 years. Granted, not every missed game was due to a serious injury that we should be concerned about. However, if a player misses more than a couple of games, then there's a better than average chance that the player in question was a seriously injured that year. I'm sure most of us know that Ricky Williams is the most infamous exception to that law of probability. So where does McGahee rank of that list?

Rank) Player: games missed (year) ---- total games missed over the past 5 years
1) Ricky Williams: 15 (07) & 16 (06) ---- 31
2) Cadillac Williams: 10 (08), 12 (07) & 2 (06) ---- 24
3) Fred Jackson: 8 (07) & 16 (06) ----24
4) Ronnie Brown: 7 (09), 9 (07) & 3 (06) ---- 19
5) DeAngelo Williams: 10 (10), 3 (09) & 3 (06) ---- 16
6) Cedric Benson: 3 (09), 4 (08), 5 (07) & 1 (06) ---- 13
7) Frank Gore: 5 (10), 2 (09), 2 (08) & 1 (07) ---- 10
8) Brandon Jacobs: 1 (09), 3 (08), 5 (07) & 1 (06) ---- 10
9) Steven Jackson: 1 (09), 4 (08) & 4 (07) ----9
10) Michael Turner: 5 (09) & 3 (06) ---- 8
11) Willis McGahee: 1 (10), 3 (08), 1 (07) & 2 (06) ---- 7
12) Marion Barber: 3 (10), 1 (09), 1 (08) ---- 5
13) Maurice Jones-Drew: 2 (10) & 1 (07) ---- 3
14) LaDainian Tomlinson: 1 (10) & 2 (09) ---- 3
15) Thomas Jones: ---- 0

Willis McGahee is 5th in fewest games missed over the past 5 years amongst players with 5 or more years of experience. 4 of the 10 that have missed more than him over the 5 years have missed more games in at least 1 year then McGahee has missed in the past 5 years combined.

Bottom line conclusion: If you want a RB that has missed fewer games than him over the past 5 years, you're not going to find him in FA.

Canmore
07-31-2011, 01:07 AM
For all of you that are so concerned about McGahee's health, I just got done spending more than an hour of research. I went to NFL.com for the list of the 50 top rushers for last year. After filtering out the 2 QBs (Vick: 34th & Freeman: 49th), as well as all RBs that have been in the league for less than 5 years, I came up with a list of 15 RBs with 5 or more years of experience amongst the NFL's top 50 rusher. I then recorded the number of games each player missed each year for the past 5 years. Granted, not every missed game was due to a serious injury that we should be concerned about. However, if a player misses more than a couple of games, then there's a better than average chance that the player in question was a seriously injured that year. I'm sure most of us know that Ricky Williams is the most infamous exception to that law of probability. So where does McGahee rank of that list?

Willis McGahee is 5th in fewest games missed over the past 5 years amongst players with 5 or more years of experience. 4 of the 10 that have missed more than him over the 5 years have missed more games in at least 1 year then McGahee has missed in the past 5 years combined.

Bottom line conclusion: If you want a RB that has missed fewer games than him over the past 5 years, you're not going to find him in FA.

Interesting information. I definitely did not know this. Maybe this bodes well for our latest addition. Let's hope so.

threefolddead
07-31-2011, 07:12 AM

Wow great research. I think the more options we have in the backfield the better because watching Moreno "run" the football was disgusting last year and his attitude just doesn't seem like he care about getting better. If he's no better this year I would rather see a vet get in there and get us consistent yards instead of Morenos non-decision making leading to loss of yards.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Keep your eyes on Lunchpail White this year. From all the reports, he's easily the best overall RB in camp right now. He dropped 15 lbs and is in good shape. He's showing good burst and quick feet. He's a punishing blocker in pass protection stonewalling everyone he faces. Last but not least, he's a load to bring down.

I'm really pulling for him to make the squad. Supposedly, he's very motivated to be here and realizes this is really his last chance as a pro and it's his home town.

He and Quinton Carter are the two guys I'm really pulling for this camp.

MOtorboat
07-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Elway finally tweeted confirmation that the deal is done...

@johnelway: Willis McGahee has officially signed and is a Bronco. He's a true pro who will help us on the field and in the locker room.

underrated29
07-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Hooray ! An old RB with 2 bum knees !! They are going 12-4 I tell ya !

champ bailey

underrated29
07-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Sounds like the new skinny moreno is gettin his ass ragdolled out there...Im more confident in Fannin knocking the shit out of some people

Dont be. Fannin has nothing on moreno. And I am not talking about this as a fan but as a person who saw both in real life. Moreno looks fine, fannin needs a big camp to make the active roster. I bet he goes PS.

underrated29
07-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Keep your eyes on Lunchpail White this year. From all the reports, he's easily the best overall RB in camp right now. He dropped 15 lbs and is in good shape. He's showing good burst and quick feet. He's a punishing blocker in pass protection stonewalling everyone he faces. Last but not least, he's a load to bring down.

I'm really pulling for him to make the squad. Supposedly, he's very motivated to be here and realizes this is really his last chance as a pro and it's his home town.

Definitely. Unless something changes and white chumps for some reason. He will most certainly make the active 53 and be a very big part of this team. He was really impressive....which is very odd and weird to say.

horsepig
07-31-2011, 01:03 PM
From what I've heard coming out of camp, White' far and away the best pass protect blocker of the RBs. Not a talent to be taken lightly.

bcbronc
07-31-2011, 01:12 PM

good research and good post, but one caveat.

The past two seasons McGahee has only had about 120 touches in each: '10 - 100 carries, 14 rec in 15 games: 7.6 touches/game; '09 - 109 carries, 15 rec in 16 games: 7.75 touches/game.

So as long as we limit his touches to <8 per game, he should stay healthy. Doesn't sound like a guy being brought in to split carries imo. And with reports of White having a strong camp to date, and imo Moreno being more of an inside runner than an outside, can't help but wonder how much McGahee is really going to add to the roster that other guys already here don't provide.

WARHORSE
07-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Im not enamored with the signing of McGahee.

But it is what it is.

Im on board with those who think White will show himself to be the man.

So he is standing out in pass protection drills in practice...awesome.

But hitting a LBer thats right across from you is different than a gametime situation where you have to identify WHO it is you need to block......sometimes on the fly.

My hope is that the light has finally come on for LenDale, and right now it seems everyone is saying hes a different guy. I hope so, because he would fit VERY NICELY in a power run game.

Lancane
07-31-2011, 01:25 PM
I think everyone who lives in Colorado is hoping that LenDale has a breakout year, he's long been 'A Favorite Son' sort-to-speak. I'm not expecting much from McGahee or Fannin, except in rotation expelling Moreno, but with the ZBS coming back, I think Moreno will have a breakout year as well.

bcbronc
07-31-2011, 01:30 PM
My hope is that the light has finally come on for LenDale

just him coming to camp in (reportedly) good shape after an Achilles injury...with his weight management issues of the past...is a great sign. Talent has never been White's issue.

Lonestar
07-31-2011, 02:08 PM

i think your spot on with your observations.

as for Moreno it is hard for him to get yardage when the:

team does not have the playbook to do so
the OL is not stabile
cant get into rhythm or even warmed up.
have tight or pulled hamstrings.

This is a make or break year for his career in DEN. I think HE is a good to great RB, that has been in the wrong spot at the wrong time..

Fox seems to be more run oriented. SO that plus the addition of a MEAN and Nasty ORT and the maturing of the rookies in the Middle of the OLINe not to mention Kuper and Clady should be @ 100% this year which they were not close to that till late in the season last year.
I saw some damned fine running from him in a couple of games not big yardage but glimpses of greeat running..

NOW Lendale he has seen the light and will not be denied and being a bigger guy I LIKE HIM.

I really think that any RB under 215 unless they are a bowling ball just can not hold up in the NFL for long.. GIve me a stable of 220+ guys and I'll be a happy camper..

Lonestar
07-31-2011, 02:11 PM

The past two seasons McGahee has only had about 120 touches in each: '10 - 100 carries, 14 rec in 15 games: 7.6 touches/game; '09 - 109 carries, 15 rec in 16 games: 7.75 touches/game.

So as long as we limit his touches to <8 per game, he should stay healthy. Doesn't sound like a guy being brought in to split carries imo. And with reports of White having a strong camp to date, and imo Moreno being more of an inside runner than an outside, can't help but wonder how much McGahee is really going to add to the roster that other guys already here don't provide.

DEPTH is about all we can hope for plus he will keep the pressure on Moreno

Northman
07-31-2011, 02:16 PM

Excellent post and excellent research. Spot on.

DenBronx
07-31-2011, 03:21 PM
WillisMcGahee just tweeted this...

Willismcgahee

by BroncosZone

The mile high salute!!!!

12 minutes ago

Nomad
07-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Are the BRONCOS still in the running for Leach?

DenBronx
07-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Are the BRONCOS still in the running for Leach?

No he already signed with the Ravens.

But I heard a rumor that we might be bringing in McClain. He has chemistry with McGahee.

Our back field would be Moreno, McGahee, White and FB McClain.

Nomad
07-31-2011, 03:52 PM
No he already signed with the Ravens.

But I heard a rumor that we might be bringing in McClain. He has chemistry with McGahee.

Our back field would be Moreno, McGahee, White and FB McClain.

Figures! They know how to build a team!

DenBronx
07-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Figures! They know how to build a team!

Hey McClains no scrub either at FB. He would be better than what we have currently. And he's 3 years younger than Leach.

Nomad
07-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey McClains no scrub either at FB. He would be better than what we have currently. And he's 3 years younger than Leach.

I had to look up who McClain was. If he's a probowl/allpro FB, I wonder why the Ravens didn't keep him instead they signed Leach.

Zweems56
07-31-2011, 04:18 PM
WillisMcGahee just tweeted this...

Willismcgahee

by BroncosZone

The mile high salute!!!!

12 minutes ago

McGahee for president.

FanInAZ
07-31-2011, 05:22 PM

Considering that he's probably going to be penciled in at 3rd on our depth chart, he may only get 5 carries a game. If that's the case, he may stay healthy for us for the next 10 years :D

Ziggy
01-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Bump.

Willis McGahee final statistics for 2011-
ATT- 249
YDS- 1199
TD's- 4
Contract- 4 years, 10 million

DeAngelo Williams- (who many on this board were begging EFX to sign)
ATT- 155
YDS- 836
TD's- 7
Contract- 5 years, 43 million

Kudos to EFX. The sexy free agent signings aren't always the best ones.

Con_Valian
01-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Better yards/carry for Williams but McGahee is much friendlier to the Broncos internal budget.

Very happy that McGahee is here! Wonderful season overall.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2012, 05:31 PM
From twitter:

ProFootballTalk 10:13am via Web

Willis McGahee to Denver on three-year, $7.5 million deal with $3 million guaranteed.

=====

Finally we sign a free agent! OK, but still hoping for a defensive tackle.

I love this move

FanInAZ
01-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Bump.

Willis McGahee final statistics for 2011-
ATT- 249
YDS- 1199
TD's- 4
Contract- 4 years, 10 million

DeAngelo Williams- (who many on this board were begging EFX to sign)
ATT- 155
YDS- 836
TD's- 7
Contract- 5 years, 43 million

Kudos to EFX. The sexy free agent signings aren't always the best ones.

There was quite a lynch mob running around here during the last FA cycle (much of which was probably residual backlash from the McD era) claiming that EFX was cheap. It didn't dawn on a lot of posters here that maybe EFX was looking for players who were the right fit for their system & realized that many of the top FAs may have been over rated. This is why I gave EFX, and all of their FAs, then benefit of the doubt and waited to see how they actually perform.