PDA

View Full Version : Tweet from Lombardi

cmc0605
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Everyone in the league believes that Denver cannot keep Orton on the team when the cap starts today--so Miami just sits and waits...
53 minutes ago

Bad news...

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Cut the troll....who cares anymore.

We need the cap room so we can at least make some signings until Thursday when another 17 mill will fall off.

We should have just took the 5th rounder for this bloke.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Cut the troll....who cares anymore.

We need the cap room so we can at least make some signings until Thursday when another 17 mill will fall off.

We should have just took the 5th rounder for this bloke.

We might have. everything I'm reading is that Orton's contract is the issue and his agent is pushing for multi-year STARTER compensation.

If I were Miami I would be hesitant to give him that as well.

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 10:54 AM
We might have. everything I'm reading is that Orton's contract is the issue and his agent is pushing for multi-year STARTER compensation.

As soon as Denver cuts him the market will open up for him with more teams then Miami. There's no guarantee he will go there.

Lancane
07-29-2011, 10:55 AM
As soon as Denver cuts him the market will open up for him with more teams then Miami. There's no guarantee he will go there.

No, he'll end up in Cincinnati or Oakland. :lol:

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 10:56 AM

So let me get this straight, DEN spends all week trying to work a deal, knowing full well that Jeff Ireland also knows whats at the end of the road in all the Orton talks, but they press on! And in the end, DEN will get nothing.
Wow. Just wow.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 10:57 AM
No, he'll end up in Cincinnati or Oakland. :lol:

I'd love to play him twice a year in Oakland. 59-14 might go the other way this time.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 10:58 AM
So let me get this straight, DEN spends all week trying to work a deal, knowing full well that Jeff Ireland also knows whats at the end of the road in all the Orton talks, but they press on! And in the end, DEN will get nothing.
Wow. Just wow.

Yep, looking that way. Orton wins. But by cutting him Denver wins as well. Josh McDaniels screwed us by giving him a 2 year deal making $9 MILLION this season. Absurdity.

Lancane
07-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Wow. Just wow.

Pretty much - this whole situation points to the inexperience and ineptitude of our front office. I'm really starting to miss Dan Reeves.

:tsk:

LTC Pain
07-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Miami just signed Matt Moore to a two year deal. Orton to Miami is all but dead. Likely Orton is our starting QB now. It won't hurt Tebow to sit on the bench another year.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Yep, looking that way. Orton wins. But by cutting him Denver wins as well. Josh McDaniels screwed us by giving him a 2 year deal making $9 MILLION this season. Absurdity.

So DEN cuts Orton, Mcdoodoohead goes to the STL FO and says, "Hey theres this guy out there named Kyle Orton, who was just released by DEN. lets sign him, and give him a back-up gig here. I need a guy who can teach this new kid the ropes."

*sighs*

Lancane
07-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Miami just signed Matt Moore to a two year deal. Orton to Miami is all but dead. Likely Orton is our starting QB now. It won't hurt Tebow to sit on the bench another year.

We're likely going to cut him now, and I don't see Denver sitting on this, especially with the quarterbacks in next years draft...it's sort of a make or break year for Tebow's future in Denver.

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 11:02 AM

It just hurts the franchise that's all.

Bugs Baloney
07-29-2011, 11:03 AM
this is getting very depressing :tsk:

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 11:04 AM
We're likely going to cut him now, and I don't see Denver sitting on this, especially with the quarterbacks in next years draft...it's sort of a make or break year for Tebow's future in Denver.

Do really think we'll cut him Lan?

I would do backflips. Don't get me wrong I would have much preferred to get something in return, but just ridding ourselves of him is moving in a forward direction at least.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 11:04 AM

Yep. Denver has to make some cap room and Orton is one of the main targets, one would think. It's just a 1-year cap hit, right?

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:05 AM

No dude. It WILL HURT! Thats what this whole plan was for!
Dont you get it!?!?! Dont any of you get it!?!?!
The whole reason Orton was being traded was because DEN cant wait any longer! This is it. DEN absolutely has to see what TT has.
No more waiting. If TT is the man, then it will take a season to see if he is, and the FO will know at seasons end, that they dont have to make the specific moves to nab one of the highly coveted QBs coming out next year.
Thats what this is all about. They cant wait. Orton will simply be released.
They cant have a circus all season long.

G_Money
07-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Pretty much - this whole situation points to the inexperience and ineptitude of our front office. I'm really starting to miss Dan Reeves.

That's just the bitter aftertaste talking. Don't say things you'll regret later. :salute: And the guy you miss is John Beake. Last time we had a real GM...

~G

Lancane
07-29-2011, 11:08 AM
this is getting very depressing :tsk:

That should be the new motto for all 'Broncos' Fans', quite literally.

We've had to survive the up and downs of Shanahan's off-seasons, barely survived McDaniels who traded away the top talent and now are having to and survive a bumbling duo with little experience in Elway and Xanders...

Yeah, very...very...depressing! :tsk:

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 11:08 AM
The whole reason Orton was being traded was because DEN cant wait any longer! This is it. DEN absolutely has to see what TT has.
No more waiting. If TT is the man, then it will take a season to see if he is, and the FO will know at seasons end, that they dont have to make the specific moves to nab one of the highly coveted QBs coming out next year.

In any normal season I could see keeping Orton and letting Tebow learn for another season (not that the douche Orton would ever do anything to teach a younger guy but I digress) but considering the plethora of potential franchise type QBs in next years draft we have to figure out where the Hell we stand at QB.

We know where Orton stands. As a FA after the season, because there is absolutely no chance of us signing him long term.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM

I think John Elway knows full well he has to see what Tebow brings to the table because his love-child (Andrew Luck) will be in next year's draft. Starting Orton does ZERO good, playing Tebow at least gives him an idea of where we sit at QB. I am hoping he's thinking that way at least.

If we are sitting with a top 5 draft pick I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Elway give up a draft to get Luck, not one bit.

Lancane
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM
That's just the bitter aftertaste talking. Don't say things you'll regret later. :salute: And the guy you miss is John Beake. Last time we had a real GM...

~G

No...I meant Dan Reeves, though he had some help...Dan Reeves as a HC/GM, pretty much what Shanny and McDuh were was better then both combined.

**** *** **** *** **** ***!

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:11 AM
In any normal season I could see keeping Orton and letting Tebow learn for another season (not that the douche Orton would ever do anything to teach a younger guy but I digress) but considering the plethora of potential franchise type QBs in next years draft we have to figure out where the Hell we stand at QB.

We know where Orton stands. As a FA after the season, because there is absolutely no chance of us signing him long term.

Exactly. Thats what this whole trade was about. Moving from step one (ORTON) to step two (TEBOW) and if needed to step three
(IE LUCK or BARKLEY)
There is no more waiting.

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 11:12 AM
No...I meant Dan Reeves, though he had some help...Dan Reeves as a HC/GM, pretty much what Shanny and McDuh were was better then both combined.

Well, except for the Maddox pick. :laugh:

But I love Reeves. He's actually a family friend so I stick up for the guy every chance I get.

G_Money
07-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Thats what this is all about. They cant wait.

I agree with SoCal, just with less hysteria. If Tebow is gonna be the man, we need to see signs of it this year. Maybe that's asking too much of him, but it's the way it is. He sat most of a year, learning, and then needs the whole year this year to show what he can do.

If he's abysmal, we need to draft a QB. And some DTs this time, please, but especially a QB. Fox will take care of the defense - that's why he was hired. It's John's job to get the QB right, to pick someone who can stand in his giant shadow and carve out his own name. Tebow IS capable of that personality-wise. If his game is up to it, he might be one of the few who can make his own mark in the Mile High city.

If his game isn't...then we have work to do. Mucking around with Orton when we're not going to keep him next season isn't worth it. 16 games of Tebow to see what's in his toolbox and how fast he's picking up the pro game.

Maybe it won't be enough and we'll pull a Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers situation where they gave up on Brees one year too soon.

But they still got Rivers. They gave up on a good QB for a good QB. What we can't afford to do is spend three years rolling around in the cellar with Tebow and then decide he's not the guy. Let him play and he should show you at least indications of the QB he will be in the pros, even if he's not fully formed yet.

Elway had an absysmal 1983 but he still showed flashes of the HOFer and champion he'd become.

If Tebow doesn't play, then we can't see whether those are there for him too, and we won't know whether to take advantage of the 2012 QB situation.

He's got to play, for better or worse.

~G

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
I think John Elway knows full well he has to see what Tebow brings to the table because his love-child (Andrew Luck) will be in next year's draft. Starting Orton does ZERO good, playing Tebow at least gives him an idea of where we sit at QB. I am hoping he's thinking that way at least.

If we are sitting with a top 5 draft pick I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Elway give up a draft to get Luck, not one bit.

Thats all well and fine, but there no guarantee in that. Getting Luck will require a lot of.....Luck.
Elway and the FO should have known that there was no way in hell DEN was going to get a 2nd round pick for Orton. There never should have been a week of haggling BS goin on. Ireland knows DENs finances and he knows what the end game is with Orton in DEN and the circus. He has the deck stacked in his favor. The FO should have traded Orton to MIA the moment FA opened, and been done with it. For a 5th, for a player, whatever.
The FO was played like a bunch of clowns. Think about MIA situation. Golly they suck too! Ireland knows this. He needs Luck as bad as Elway does!
Why play ball for a 1 year guy who isnt gonna do much, when next year they will be right there trying to get Luck too.

rationalfan
07-29-2011, 11:22 AM
this thread is missing one thing: it's about winning NOW. not positioning for the future. if the coaches feel orton gives them the best chance to win, he'll be here. if not, he's gone. simple.

also interesting to read how some feel the front office is inept because they might lose an acquired 5th round pick from this orton situation. most 5th rounders don't stay in the league more than a year or two. not a big loss.

G_Money
07-29-2011, 11:25 AM

Reeves wasn't GM, Beake was, 85 to 98. Beake helped get Elway here even before he was GM and was the major personnel man that built us through our Super Bowl championships. Reeves got to make some calls where he over-ruled Beake (see Maddox, Tommy) but John put together the rest of the team with some input from Reeves.

Reeves did some great things in Denver, but the guy who put together the bulk of the rosters in the 80s and 90s that Reeves and Shanny built their careers on was Beake. At least as I understand the front office dynamic.

Right now, though, I would take a Reeves OR a Beake. Both together would be asking far too much. Here's hoping Elway, Xanders and Fox can pull something out of a hat in the next couple seasons and build a real foundation here again.

~G

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
this thread is missing one thing: it's about winning NOW. not positioning for the future. if the coaches feel orton gives them the best chance to win, he'll be here. if not, he's gone. simple.

also interesting to read how some feel the front office is inept because they might lose an acquired 5th round pick from this orton situation. most 5th rounders don't stay in the league more than a year or two. not a big loss.

Not the "Orton gives us the best chance to win" bullshit again... :laugh:

He won 3 games last year in 13 attempts... Hard to win games in the fetal position or on the sideline watching the Punter get a workout every Sunday.

rationalfan
07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Not the "Orton gives us the best chance to win" bullshit again... :laugh:

He won 3 games last year in 13 attempts... Hard to win games in the fetal position or on the sideline watching the Punter get a workout every Sunday.

i'm not suggesting i think he gives the team the best chance at victory. i'm saying i believe the coaching staff/front office is more concerned with winning now than positioning for the not-so-distant future. i think that will be a bigger factor than the QB crop in next year's draft.

Also, i put the blame for this orton thing squarely on orton. the guy's playing poker very well and trying to protect his best interests. what i don't like about it is that it feels like he's more worried about his money and his ego than the team. my opinion: this is why he hasn't been a capable leader, too much self-interest. i felt the same way about cutler.

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 11:38 AM

Believe it or not, the coaches may very well know what they have in Tebow. He just may be worse off then most of us want to admit. Not being able to identify defenses, make the right calls, make the proper reads, and get the ball to the right target in practice may very well be what Tebow is showing, and that will NEVER get you onto the starting field. No way any coach is going to start a guy that can't do it right in practice.

I don't know if thats the problem. But don't assume for a second that the coaches and Elway don't know what they have in Tebow purely based on him not starting. Him unable to beat out Orton may very well tell you all you need to know.

But I do agree. I think Elway would make a move for Luck if we were within reach... just as ANY team needing a QB would/should.

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I agree with SoCal, just with less hysteria. If Tebow is gonna be the man, we need to see signs of it this year. Maybe that's asking too much of him, but it's the way it is. He sat most of a year, learning, and then needs the whole year this year to show what he can do.

If he's abysmal, we need to draft a QB. And some DTs this time, please, but especially a QB. Fox will take care of the defense - that's why he was hired. It's John's job to get the QB right, to pick someone who can stand in his giant shadow and carve out his own name. Tebow IS capable of that personality-wise. If his game is up to it, he might be one of the few who can make his own mark in the Mile High city.

If his game isn't...then we have work to do. Mucking around with Orton when we're not going to keep him next season isn't worth it. 16 games of Tebow to see what's in his toolbox and how fast he's picking up the pro game.

Maybe it won't be enough and we'll pull a Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers situation where they gave up on Brees one year too soon.

But they still got Rivers. They gave up on a good QB for a good QB. What we can't afford to do is spend three years rolling around in the cellar with Tebow and then decide he's not the guy. Let him play and he should show you at least indications of the QB he will be in the pros, even if he's not fully formed yet.

Elway had an absysmal 1983 but he still showed flashes of the HOFer and champion he'd become.

If Tebow doesn't play, then we can't see whether those are there for him too, and we won't know whether to take advantage of the 2012 QB situation.

~G

I agree that we need to let Tebow play most of the year, but I hope they don't make the Brees/Rivers mistake. I think Brees is better than Rivers and Brees + a good 1st round pick is definately better. SD got lucky that Rivers is pretty good or they would have taken a big step back.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 11:40 AM
i'm not suggesting i think he gives the team the best chance at victory. i'm saying i believe the coaching staff/front office is more concerned with winning now than positioning for the not-so-distant future. i think that will be a bigger factor than the QB crop in next year's draft.

Also, i put the blame for this orton thing squarely on orton. the guy's playing poker very well and trying to protect his best interests. what i don't like about it is that it feels like he's more worried about his money and his ego than the team. my opinion: this is why he hasn't been a capable leader, too much self-interest. i felt the same way about cutler.

It's looking more and more like you're right about Orton, can't necessarily blame him for looking out for #1, but he clearly isn't a team-first guy, never thought he was.

I would not underestimate how much Elway wants Luck. He knows full-well, better than ANYONE on this planet what a true franchise-QB can do for a team, a franchise, a city.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Believe it or not, the coaches may very well know what they have in Tebow. He just may be worse off then most of us want to admit. Not being able to identify defenses, make the right calls, make the proper reads, and get the ball to the right target in practice bay very well be what Tebow is showing, and that will NEVER get you onto the starting field. No way any coach is going to start a guy that can't do it right in practice.

I don't know if thats the problem. But don't assume for a second that the coaches and Elway don't know what they have in Tebow purely based on him not starting. Him unable to beat out Orton may very well tell you all you need to know.

But I do agree. I think Elway would make a move for Luck if we were within reach... just as ANY team needing a QB would/should.

I haven't heard ANYTHING from the coaches about Tebow, just the media that was at practice.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:42 AM

You crazy. They are very much interested in next years crop of QBs. thats what this whole trade was about. Going from a career back up to a possible starter, to possibly having to position themselves for a run at Luck or Barkley.

As for Orton. Why is he to blame? He just doing what he should do. Look out for No 1.
Thats the whole purpose of having a FO. To offset this by making the needed deals to put the team in the best possible situation to move forward. Not allow a player or another team to dictate the terms.

rationalfan
07-29-2011, 11:45 AM
You crazy. They are very much interested in next years crop of QBs. thats what this whole trade was about. Going from a career back up to a possible starter, to possibly having to position themselves for a run at Luck or Barkley.

thanks for the inside info and setting me straight. sounds like you're more plugged in than all those people in the media getting paid to find these things out.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:53 AM

Which was why the FO was trying to desperately trade him. So they could keep him.....and win.....now.
Its so simple. And yet there he is taking practice reps while the FO was/is desperately trying to trade him for a bag of penuts now. So they could win now with him. Right.

Lancane
07-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Reeves wasn't GM, Beake was, 85 to 98. Beake helped get Elway here even before he was GM and was the major personnel man that built us through our Super Bowl championships. Reeves got to make some calls where he over-ruled Beake (see Maddox, Tommy) but John put together the rest of the team with some input from Reeves.

Reeves did some great things in Denver, but the guy who put together the bulk of the rosters in the 80s and 90s that Reeves and Shanny built their careers on was Beake. At least as I understand the front office dynamic.

Right now, though, I would take a Reeves OR a Beake. Both together would be asking far too much. Here's hoping Elway, Xanders and Fox can pull something out of a hat in the next couple seasons and build a real foundation here again.

~G

Actually, though Beake was officially the G.M. in title, Dan Reeves held the coveted job title of Head Coach/President of Football Personnel. Meaning that while Beake looked to have the final say, in regards to the roster that was Reeves. Why do you think Bowlen was okay with Shanahan having such a position? Because he was already use to the two being one, even Bowlen admitted that.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 12:19 PM

Exactly. Washington and Cincinatti will both take a long look at Orton if he gets released. Negotiating with a FA is much easier than a trade where a contract has to be renegotiated.

I don't think Miami is interested after getting Moore. They've thrown in with Henne, for better or worse. I think they made the right choice, personally. Henne has the potential to be much better than Orton if he works at it a little and gets some coaching.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Believe it or not, the coaches may very well know what they have in Tebow. He just may be worse off then most of us want to admit. Not being able to identify defenses, make the right calls, make the proper reads, and get the ball to the right target in practice may very well be what Tebow is showing, and that will NEVER get you onto the starting field. No way any coach is going to start a guy that can't do it right in practice.

It was the first practice/walkthrough, Rav. That's what all of this "Orton is outplaying Tebow" stuff is based on. Orton looked more polished when throwing in 7 on 7 drills. The coaching staff has no idea where Tebow is right now, none. They've had ZERO communication with him since March.

You're beating this "Orton will beat out Tebow" drum pretty hard and nobody knows if it is true, yet. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it was one practice. No OTAs, no passing camps, nothing but last year's film and one practice to make their assessment so far...

GEM
07-29-2011, 01:07 PM

It was the ineptitude of the last regime. This regime didn't sign Orton to a 2 year deal. It came out that last spring, McDaniels thought about shopping Orton. Why would have the thought to shop him and sign him to a 2 year deal. What a freaking buffoon. It should have been a 1 year deal since they had just drafted Tebow. None of it makes sense, but then again it is McMoron we're talking about.

Who in their right mind is going to pay a 2nd or even a 5th if they know that by playing the waiting game they could get the same thing for free. They have to know that either no one else really wants Orton or all the teams are playing the same waiting game.

jhildebrand
07-29-2011, 01:11 PM
This Orton saga is a mess. There is no way about it. At the end of the day, I am a Broncos fan and I will watch the games. But watching Orton play is like eating ketchup for dinner-it's not a lot of fun. At least Tebow compels me to watch and brings some excitement.

I don't buy for one minute that Orton gives this team a better chance to win. If that fact were true, he would have won a bit more last year. The guy will play it safe to keep his TD/INT ratio nice so he can get the deal he wants. It is all about Orton for Orton and that doesn't bode well for the team. Look for lots of check downs and dump passes with him at the helm.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:14 PM
This Orton saga is a mess. There is no way about it. At the end of the day, I am a Broncos fan and I will watch the games. But watching Orton play is like eating ketchup for dinner-it's not a lot of fun. At least Tebow compels me to watch and brings some excitement.

I don't buy for one minute that Orton gives this team a better chance to win. If that fact were true, he would have won a bit more last year. The guy will play it safe to keep his TD/INT ratio nice so he can get the deal he wants. It is all about Orton for Orton and that doesn't bode well for the team. Look for lots of check downs and dump passes with him at the helm.

At the end of the day, who is Kyle Orton? Not that I think he's a weirdo or anything, I've never seen him interviewed or anything like that. Does he have an attitude? is he a nice guy? is he a dick? what is he like I wonder.

jhildebrand
07-29-2011, 01:17 PM
At the end of the day, who is Kyle Orton? Not that I think he's a weirdo or anything, I've never seen him interviewed or anything like that. Does he have an attitude? is he a nice guy? is he a dick? what is he like I wonder.

They have been playing quite a few clips on the various radio stations around town. He is saying the right things. It is all too little too late for me. He ran his mouth last year with the "I don't comment on other players play" crap! He definitely has a chip on his shoulder.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
They have been playing quite a few clips on the various radio stations around town. He is saying the right things. It is all too little too late for me. He ran his mouth last year with the "I don't comment on other players play" crap! He definitely has a chip on his shoulder.

When asked yesterday at TC if he stays in Denver and Tebow gets the start would he be willing to mentor Tebow. He flat out responded that he doesn't want to mentor and won't mentor anyone he will be the starter.

It's become all about Kyle now. I don't necessarily blame him for being a little bit of an ass because the FO has completely mishandled this situation almost as badly as McDaniels mishandled Cutler. We've given Orton the "no confidence" vote and told him he's on the block, only to have to come crawling back and tell him to run with the #1s in practice because they aren't quite sure Tebow is ready yet?

What a crock of shit. Personally, I hope we have to just cut him so he can go wherever he wants. I hate Orton as a player, but he doesn't deserve being jerked around like this.

Nomad
07-29-2011, 01:28 PM

He drinks Jack Daniels so he must be a good guy. I've never had a problem with him personally but I want to see what Tebow can do because I've seen
what Orton can do which is not that impressive.

Perhaps the BRONCOS could offer him a year supply of Jack and all the call-girls he wants and he'll consider moving on.:)

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 01:28 PM
when asked yesterday at tc if he stays in denver and tebow gets the start would he be willing to mentor tebow. He flat out responded that he doesn't want to mentor and won't mentor anyone he will be the starter.

It's become all about kyle now. I don't necessarily blame him for being a little bit of an ass because the fo has completely mishandled this situation almost as badly as mcdaniels mishandled cutler. We've given orton the "no confidence" vote and told him he's on the block, only to have to come crawling back and tell him to run with the #1s in practice because they aren't quite sure tebow is ready yet?

What a crock of shit. Personally, i hope we have to just cut him so he can go wherever he wants. I hate orton as a player, but he doesn't deserve being jerked around like this.

yep.

jhildebrand
07-29-2011, 01:29 PM
When asked yesterday at TC if he stays in Denver and Tebow gets the start would he be willing to mentor Tebow. He flat out responded that he doesn't want to mentor and won't mentor anyone he will be the starter.

It's become all about Kyle now. I don't necessarily blame him for being a little bit of an ass because the FO has completely mishandled this situation almost as badly as McDaniels mishandled Cutler. We've given Orton the "no confidence" vote and told him he's on the block, only to have to come crawling back and tell him to run with the #1s in practice because they aren't quite sure Tebow is ready yet?

What a crock of shit. Personally, I hope we have to just cut him so he can go wherever he wants. I hate Orton as a player, but he doesn't deserve being jerked around like this.

I agree with a lot of your post and sentiment. But the jerking is being done by both sides!

Orton played tough with Miami in contract negotiations. If I were EFX I would name Tebow the starter at the end of TC (if Orton is still here) and make him learn a hard lesson in humility and the business of the NFL.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:35 PM

thanks. I never see him interviewed out here. Never. just hear through here on him. Seems like some people don't like his personality

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:38 PM
thanks. I never see him interviewed out here. Never. just hear through here on him. Seems like some people don't like his personality

I know most don't like his play.

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 01:40 PM

He drives an effin Prius to save the planet, that says enough to me.

rationalfan
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM

he also drives a big ass SUV, what does that say to you?

Stargazer
07-29-2011, 01:45 PM

Orton drives a Prius?:lol:

I remember when Plummer drove an Element.:laugh:

Tned
07-29-2011, 01:47 PM

It is this behavior that we saw from when they started Tebow until now that has caused me to lose ALL respect for Orton. Prior to this, I saw him (obviously, incorrectly) as the ultimate team player. He's shown he is not.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
He drinks Jack Daniels so he must be a good guy. I've never had a problem with him personally but I want to see what Tebow can do because I've seen
what Orton can do which is not that impressive.

Perhaps the BRONCOS could offer him a year supply of Jack and all the call-girls he wants and he'll consider moving on.:)

yeah, now that there. I saw pics and such, does he have a reputation as a partier or something? Is he a swinging bachelor. And lastly, would you do him?

MileHighCrew
07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
It is this behavior that we saw from when they started Tebow until now that has caused me to lose ALL respect for Orton. Prior to this, I saw him (obviously, incorrectly) as the ultimate team player. He's shown he is not.

I never thought he was a big team guy. I thought I read out of Chicago he wasn't really good with Rexy, but he didn't take a lot of heat because, well it was Rex and not Tebow

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
he also drives a big ass SUV, what does that say to you?

That he is a hypocrite.

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 01:50 PM

I thought it was a Pilot?

Either way, Plummer liked to use the one fingered salute when he drove. :lol:

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 01:52 PM

kinda get that impression from many here. that's too bad. getting jerked around sucks though

I don't like his comment on the mentoring of Tim Tebow though if he (TT) becomes the starter this season. That's kinda shiddy. I would hope that he'd take the high road if that situation were to develop

Dzone
07-29-2011, 01:57 PM
How do you cut a guy if he is beating out all the other qbs in camp?

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 02:01 PM
How do you cut a guy if he is beating out all the other qbs in camp?

very carefully?

I wish Quinn woul dstep it up. he could be a good qb

WARHORSE
07-29-2011, 02:10 PM
This is not a dead issue simply because Matt Moore signed in Miami.

I am in agreement with the F.O., to give Orton away for a 4th rounder would be stoooopid. So lets not be that.

Theres a certain feeling in the Miami lockeroom right about now, and it has to be saying......"Thats it? Reggie Bush, who has not shown the ability to stay healthy and all of a sudden is going to replace Ronnie and Ricky, and Matt Moore to compete with Henne? Thats our moves? I thought we were about WINNING......."

I know one Brandon Marshall who is kicking and scratching right about now, because hes caught from both Henne and Moore, and he knows what next season is going to look like. Dont think that the Miami lockeroom isnt watching Sparano and the boys closely. Huge trust issues going on right about now imo.

ONE team like St. Louis, who gets an injured QB, and our phones will be ringing.

Just one.

Orton will have to get used to playing as a backup, because Tebow gives us the best chance to win. Is Orton a more polished passer? At this point, far and away. But if third downs and redzone mean anything in this league, Tebow is the man.

Tebow accounted for 11 TDs in his limited time last year, and has a league best rating in the redzone and on third and 6 yards plus.

Fox has already stated that hes high on those who thrive in pressure, not practice.

That would be TT.

Keep Orton. A team may get an injury to a QB, not to mention as soon as the Miami training camp kicks up, the team will have Henne and Moore up close and snuggly so they can all get that warm feeling of being superbowl bound........

:coffee:

Tned
07-29-2011, 02:13 PM
I never thought he was a big team guy. I thought I read out of Chicago he wasn't really good with Rexy, but he didn't take a lot of heat because, well it was Rex and not Tebow

I didn't follow him much in Chicago, and was basing it on the strong endorsement by Urlacher and others right after he was traded. He seemed to have very loyal team mates, which I assumed was a result of him being a team first guy.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
there's alot of FA left. it aint over till the fat lady sings. I'm not so sure trading Orton away is the thing to do anymore. not unless you get a 3rd or better. I know people really like the idea of getting Andrew Luck next year, but other than that,. we already have Tebow.

Tned
07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
I know one Brandon Marshall who is kicking and scratching right about now, because hes caught from both Henne and Moore, and he knows what next season is going to look like. Dont think that the Miami lockeroom isnt watching Sparano and the boys closely. Huge trust issues going on right about now imo.

When did Marshall catch passes from Moore? :confused: College?

Nomad
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
yeah, now that there. I saw pics and such, does he have a reputation as a partier or something? Is he a swinging bachelor. And lastly, would you do him?

He did/does like to party and perhaps bounces from girl to girl....not sure. No!

Tned
07-29-2011, 03:57 PM

RT @adbrandt: Breaking: Kyle Orton's $1.5 million roster bonus activated at 4p et. Broncos unlikely to trade after making that commitment.

dogfish
07-29-2011, 04:02 PM

top must feel like he won the lottery. . .

i bet he takes an extra viagra tonight to celebrate. . .

G_Money
07-29-2011, 04:03 PM
I cannot high-five that post, TNed, because either we just set 1.5 million dollars on fire for no good reason, or we plan to dink around with our QB situation all year long.

:yardog:

~G

WARHORSE
07-29-2011, 04:35 PM
When did Marshall catch passes from Moore? :confused: College?

Youre confused because Im confused.....my bad.:D

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 04:40 PM
I cannot high-five that post, TNed, because either we just set 1.5 million dollars on fire for no good reason, or we plan to dink around with our QB situation all year long.

:yardog:

~G

Exactly what I was afraid of.

Lancane
07-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Exactly what I was afraid of.

Seems to be what the Broncos are good at anymore, starting crap stopgap quarterbacks and eventually drafting another only to ruin it some other way.

Maybe someone in the front office should read Bill Walsh's book, you know for clues on how to do shit!

G_Money
07-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I really need to see some games. Winning the offseason doesn't mean jack shit, but I'm dying to know how we plan to win the regular season with Mays and Larsen at defensive tackle. Maybe that's what we're keeping Orton around for, to plug the middle with his neckbeard and yell, "SPAAARTAAAA!" a lot.

We are gonna be the quickest DL in the league, yo.

:tsk: Have we signed Landri yet?

~G

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 05:41 PM

~G

They'll be so quick we wont even be able to see them.

Agent of Orange
07-29-2011, 05:51 PM

Ha! Yeah, once you look past the SB wins. Sorry but the 2 SBs trumps anything Reeves ever did.

dogfish
07-29-2011, 05:54 PM

~G

quickest to five-hundred points allowed, maybe. . . . :heh:

sooo, who's looking forward to that raiders re-match?

i mean besides darren mcfadden, that is. . . .

Lancane
07-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Ha! Yeah, once you look past the SB wins. Sorry but the 2 SBs trumps anything Reeves ever did.

Not from the standpoint of we haven't done shit since Shanny left, or what he did post Elway. From that point of view I miss me some Dan Reeves.

What happened to the never die Broncos, the Broncos who were considered one of the best AFC Teams in NFL History? Pat...G'damn Pat... Had to hire the little puke from New England!

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 05:55 PM
quickest to five-hundred points allowed, maybe. . . . :heh:

sooo, who's looking forward to that raiders re-match?

i mean besides darren mcfadden, that is. . . .

Every Raider fan in the world.

Lancane
07-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Every Raider fan in the world.

Al 'The Crypt Keeper' Davis that's who...he's pumping viagra like it's heart medication right now, imagining the ass-raping we'll be dealt at his team's hands!

:lol:

Agent of Orange
07-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Not from the standpoint of we haven't done shit since Shanny left, or what he did post Elway. From that point of view I miss me some Dan Reeves.

What happened to the never die Broncos, the Broncos who were considered one of the best AFC Teams in NFL History? Pat...G'damn Pat... Had to hire the little puke from New England!

I dont even know what you're trying to say here. But I agree that Pat is a bigger problem than people want to believe.

Whats kind of sad is that Pat may have brough Elway into the fold to score points with the fanbase and win some people back. As it turns out, he's probably just going to make Elway fall on the grenade that was meant for him.

Lancane
07-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I dont even know what you're trying to say here. But I agree that Pat is a bigger problem than people want to believe.

Whats kind of sad is that Pat may have brough Elway into the fold to score points with the fanbase and win some people back. As it turns out, he's probably just going to make Elway fall on the grenade that was meant for him.

What I meant Agent was that Post-Elway Shanahan was nowhere as good as he was with Elway which was rather apparent. Beyond Shanahan's first three or four years I would trade the rest to have had Reeves back, we may not have won a lot of Super Bowls but hell, we continually were contenders.

Pat's gone into a state of senility IMHO I think the shock of not winning as we once did has helped him lose the little sense he had left. At least Al Davis will not be the only nut in the NFL and will have company when we play them counting the coins his nursie drops on the floor for him to play with!

horsepig
07-29-2011, 06:10 PM

~G

'Nough said. Good post, as usual G.

Dzone
07-29-2011, 06:14 PM
I think we have officially replaced the Carolina pANTHERS as the biggest cheapskate in the NFL! Thank you EFX!

dogfish
07-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I think we have officially replaced the Carolina pANTHERS as the biggest cheapskate in the NFL! Thank you EFX!

thank bowlen and joe ellis. . .

TXBRONC
07-29-2011, 09:42 PM

There's also no guarantee that he'll get $9 million for his services.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 11:08 PM

yep his move drafting a QB in the first while John was on the team made tons of sense.

and his run it twice and then asking John to bail his ass out made sense also..

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 11:14 PM

yeaH and wore t-shirt and jeans..

Could be part of the reason he banked all of his money and retired while he could still walk and talk without drooling.

but then I might even drool a bit over the smoking hot wife he married..

Let all laugh at Jake because he was not a ******* idiot with his money..

silkamilkamonico
07-30-2011, 12:46 AM
What I meant Agent was that Post-Elway Shanahan was nowhere as good as he was with Elway which was rather apparent. Beyond Shanahan's first three or four years I would trade the rest to have had Reeves back, we may not have won a lot of Super Bowls but hell, we continually were contenders. !

Taking a step back and looking at Shanahan's hall of fame head coaching career, I am not impressed. The main thing that happened to Shanahan was John Elway retired. John Elway went to more SuperBowls without HC Mike Shanahan than Shanahan won playoff games without John Elway.

I hate to say it, but seeing what he's doing in Washington is really hard. IMHO, right now, there are 10-15 better head coaches in the NFL than Shanahan. At the least.

Stargazer
07-30-2011, 12:56 AM
yeaH and wore t-shirt and jeans..

Could be part of the reason he banked all of his money and retired while he could still walk and talk without drooling.

but then I might even drool a bit over the smoking hot wife he married..

Let all laugh at Jake because he was not a ******* idiot with his money..

What are you talking about. He drove an Element.:laugh: I think that's funny. Clearly you do not think that's funny and are talking about other random crap.

Dzone
07-30-2011, 01:26 AM
What are you talking about. He drove an Element.:laugh: I think that's funny. Clearly you do not think that's funny and are talking about other random crap.
:laugh:
Now thats funny:pound::pound:

BroncoStud
07-30-2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.thephinsider.com/2011/7/30/2305456/dolphins-trade-for-orton-is-dead-or-is-it

Orton is thought to be looking for a deal similar to the one new Arizona quarterback Kevin Kolb received following his trade from Philadelphia (reportedly an extension for 5 years, $64 million, with $21 million guaranteed). Miami does not want to pay Orton that kind of money, given that he is not coming in as the starter, but as a competitor to be the starter.

Orton REALLY has a high opinion of himself. If someone were to pay him that sort of money they should be fired on the spot.

nevcraw
07-30-2011, 12:23 PM
I think this will come down how well Tebow progresses in the next few weeks. As i heard Lombardi just said the broncos are now 1+ mil into this with Orton and his bonus. If Tebow plays well and is close to ready they will look to move Orton agin and now the next team would pick up the 7 mil left. If not Orton stays and walks next year.

Lonestar
07-30-2011, 12:30 PM

where did I say he did not.. I said.

Yeah and he wore jeans and shirts and banked his money instead of spending it on fancy cars and clothes he was a "mans" man and did not need props to make him one..

I'd have liked to have known him personally, I think he was genuine and not a phony like a lot of the guys..

I do not think driving a cheap car is funny just smart as hell..

does that make sense NOW..

TXBRONC
07-30-2011, 12:43 PM
kinda get that impression from many here. that's too bad. getting jerked around sucks though

I don't like his comment on the mentoring of Tim Tebow though if he (TT) becomes the starter this season. That's kinda shiddy. I would hope that he'd take the high road if that situation were to develop

He's flat out saying won't be a mentor should end up being the back up quarterback.

TXBRONC
07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I think this will come down how well Tebow progresses in the next few weeks. As i heard Lombardi just said the broncos are now 1+ mil into this with Orton and his bonus. If Tebow plays well and is close to ready they will look to move Orton agin and now the next team would pick up the 7 mil left. If not Orton stays and walks next year.

Tned posted an article by some guy down in Miami who thinks this deal isn't yet because Henne and Moore look ugly in camp.

nevcraw
07-30-2011, 12:51 PM
refusing to get my hopes up any on broncos wishes right now.

Lonestar
07-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Despite numerous believable national and local reports that Miami’s attempt to trade for Denver quarterback Kyle Orton is over, I am told exactly the opposite is true.
IT’S STILL POSSIBLE
The Dolphins have not abandoned the possibility of getting Orton despite not really making progress in negotiations Thursday and apparently walking away from talks altogether early Friday.
Again, Orton to Miami remains a possibility.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/30/2337536/dont-rule-out-a-deal-for-qb-orton.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz1Tc0TjjGT

I suspect this guy know alot more than everyone here does..