PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Joe Mays at starting MLB to begin training camp

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Joe Mays lined up at middle linebacker with the Broncos starting defense Thursday durying training camp at Dove Valley, which basically gave him a one-practice head start on rookie Nate Irving.

Irving's contract wasn't finished until Thursday morning so the third-round pick was not on the field when the team started its day. Mays, who is in his fourth season, is on the doorstep of the most playing time he has had in his career. He has always been a coveted player on special teams, but has not been able to consistently earn playing time in the defense at Philadelphia or last season at Denver.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18569885?source=rss

SoCalImport
07-28-2011, 06:16 PM
As expected. I wouldn't be surprised if Joe wins the job either. Irving is a rookie after all.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
As expected. I wouldn't be surprised if Joe wins the job either. Irving is a rookie after all.

I don't think Irving was signed in time for the morning session, anyway.

BeefStew25
07-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Mays is a good man with an great body.

turftoad
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
This doesn't suprise me at all.

Just because he came from a small school doesn't mean he can't play the game!
He's big, he's built, he can move a bit and loves to hit and play the game.

Not saying he'll ever be Butkis or anything. But He's in his 4th year, had some time to mature and learn. He could be a real good 2 to 3 down player.

Like I said, this doesn't suprise me.

Bugs Baloney
07-28-2011, 08:01 PM
good for him, Mays was one of the only bright spots on the defense last year.

:coffee:

turftoad
07-28-2011, 08:06 PM
good for him, Mays was one of the only bright spots on the defense last year.

:coffee:

Ivan, I agree, there were no bright spots on "D" last year. :tsk:

Ahhh, just watch the guy and I will too. You can only hope. :beer:

BeefStew25
07-28-2011, 08:07 PM
This actually was one of McD only decent personnel decisions. I believe we traded JJ Arrington for Mays, and JJ didn't make it out Phillys camp.

Kudos to you, McD. :fart:

Bugs Baloney
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Ivan, I agree, there were no bright spots on "D" last year. :tsk:

Ahhh, just watch the guy and I will too. You can only hope. :beer:

true beans,

he actually seemed to care, unlike the other 98%

Bugs Baloney
07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
This actually was one of McD only decent personnel decisions. I believe we traded JJ Arrington for Mays, and JJ didn't make it out Phillys camp.

Kudos to you, McD. :fart:

McD just caught that fart in his mouth....:listen:

underrated29
07-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Mays is financial in the 34next but in the 43next as a mob I don't think be is very oozed. He os too slow and does mot have the airline ti sideline quickness. His role on the 34waswall to primarily be a run stupid. But in the 4334next he is going to have fo drop and not just defend the run and so I deem he is not as capable as we are presuming.

underrated29
07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Ps that was im drumk

SoCalImport
07-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Mays is financial in the 34next but in the 43next as a mob I don't think be is very oozed. He os too slow and does mot have the airline ti sideline quickness. His role on the 34waswall to primarily be a run stupid. But in the 4334next he is going to have fo drop and not just defend the run and so I deem he is not as capable as we are presuming.

I was going to guess madlibs but drunk works.