PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton outplays Tim Tebow at Broncos’ practice

T.K.O.
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Kyle Orton outplays Tim Tebow at Broncos’ practice
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT

Getty ImagesThe Broncos’ quarterback situation continues to be puzzling.

Multiple reports have indicated that the Broncos will trade Kyle Orton, most likely to the Dolphins. And yet when the Broncos practiced for the first time today, Orton wasn’t just on the field — he was running the show with the first-string offense, and from all accounts outplaying Tim Tebow, the 2010 first-round draft pick who is supposedly the team’s quarterback of the future.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Orton looked poised and polished, while Tebow looked slower in finding receivers and less accurate in his passing. Klis writes that not only did Orton look better than Tebow, but Brady Quinn looked better than Tebow, too.

:shocked:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/kyle-orton-outplays-tim-tebow-at-broncos-practice/

Mike
07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Outplaying Tebow, in practice, with no pressure? I am shocked. I am betting there must not have been red-zone or third down drills either.

Either way, sing Orton's praises DP. Hopefully Miami is paying attention. :lol:

broncoFan!
07-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Kyle Orton outplays Tim Tebow at Broncos’ practice
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT

Getty ImagesThe Broncos’ quarterback situation continues to be puzzling.

Multiple reports have indicated that the Broncos will trade Kyle Orton, most likely to the Dolphins. And yet when the Broncos practiced for the first time today, Orton wasn’t just on the field — he was running the show with the first-string offense, and from all accounts outplaying Tim Tebow, the 2010 first-round draft pick who is supposedly the team’s quarterback of the future.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Orton looked poised and polished, while Tebow looked slower in finding receivers and less accurate in his passing. Klis writes that not only did Orton look better than Tebow, but Brady Quinn looked better than Tebow, too.

:shocked:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/kyle-orton-outplays-tim-tebow-at-broncos-practice/

Yup same garbage we heard last year from the pundits. Tebow struggled in TC Orton did good. Then when it came down it Orton sucked on 3rd and short, when the game was close, when we were down by 2 or more TD's etc. etc. Same old depressing story time and time again. Tebow gets it done on game day and Orton gets it done in TC. Which Qb would you rather have?

Dzone
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Let the QB battle between Quinn and Tebow begin

Northman
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Practice, we are talking about practice.

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Orton's a practice player. Get him on 3rd down or in the redzone and he's one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

DenBronx
07-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Nothing to see here folks. Move along...

T.K.O.
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
sounds like Orton is not willing to go quietly....he's gonna refuse anything less than his 8.? mil and force the broncos to cut him if they want the cap space (can't say i blame him).
the bummer is he would have already netted us a 3rd if he was a bit more flexible on a new contract from miami.
i think that's been the hold up on a deal.
that being said,we could do a lot worse for a back up...if he will accept that role,which he has stated he would not....but $$$ talks and B.S. walks:salute:

Dzone
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Shannon Sharpe on the pat obrien show talking about Tebow

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 03:59 PM
sounds like Orton is not willing to go quietly....he's gonna refuse anything less than his 8.? mil and force the broncos to cut him if they want the cap space (can't say i blame him).
the bummer is he would have already netted us a 3rd if he was a bit more flexible on a new contract from miami.
i think that's been the hold up on a deal.
that being said,we could do a lot worse for a back up...if he will accept that role,which he has stated he would not....but $$$ talks and B.S. walks:salute:

He has "starter" value this year. He loses that if he sits on the bench behind Tebow all season or if he starts and SUCKS, which he likely will when the boo-birds start flying.

Either way, it's a risk for Orton as well to not get a deal done. He thinks he's a starter, it seems most teams do not, i read that he will take multiple seasons at $6 million. I would think that the longterm contract is what he's seeking.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 03:59 PM
All this media coverage and hype about Tebow and Orton, wow, wouldnt it be ironic if Quinn silently turns into the next Tom Brady?

broncoFan!
07-28-2011, 04:01 PM
All this hype about Tebow and Orton, wow, wouldnt it be ironic if Quinn silently turns into the next Tom Brady?

:yawn: I hear that a lot these days. Quinn is nothing but a washed up Browns QB.

On a side note it would be great.

dogfish
07-28-2011, 04:01 PM
i'm starting to hope we keep orton. . . the entertainment of watching people's heads explode will probably be more valuable, long term, than some draft pick we'd just bungle anyway. . .

:heh:

broncoFan!
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
i'm starting to hope we keep orton. . . the entertainment of watching people's heads explode will probably be more valuable, long term, than some draft pick we'd just bungle anyway. . .

The entertainment for the Raiders fans would also be pretty valuable too. :heh:

DenBronx
07-28-2011, 04:03 PM

And I would be one of them.

I dont think we are a playoff team. That said this is a year that we might as well see what Tebows got. If not we can break the bank on a FCQB next year. Kyles not the option, so might as well get something for him. Heck even a player for player trade would be good.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2011, 04:04 PM
I have been listening to some of the radio people who were at practice, and also articles on the Denver Post. On the ticket, they reported that Orton definitely did better than Tebow. On the fan, both Mike Evans and Scott Hastings said they were standing by media people today who were commenting on this very thing, and both Mike and Scott felt that there was not much going on to determine who was doing better - so, everyone does not see a situation the same way.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Realistically, lets imagine for a minute if Quinn takes over and beats out Tebow. Will Tebow fans be ready to back Quinn 100%?

turftoad
07-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Realistically, lets imagine for a minute if Quinn takes over and beats out Tebow. Will Tebow fans be ready to back Quinn 100%?

Yeah..... right !!

DenBronx
07-28-2011, 04:06 PM

I'll back whoever can win games for us.

camdisco24
07-28-2011, 04:08 PM
I think this is all a plan to make Orton look better and increase his value!

And the sky is falling!

Northman
07-28-2011, 04:09 PM

You've got to be kidding. :lol:

Northman
07-28-2011, 04:09 PM

But that wasnt what he asked.

Nomad
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM

That's the PC answer I was looking for!:lol:

Tebow better start working out his grip.....holding the clipboard!!:elefant:

DenBronx
07-28-2011, 04:13 PM
But that wasnt what he asked.

If Quinn wins game then I'll back him 100% over Tebow.

Jake freakin Delhomme could be our starting QB and I would back his ass if he could win more games than Orton or Tebow.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey, I love Tebowmania, but if Quinn is the starter come week 1, then I will be a huge Brady Quinn fan.

Northman
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
If Quinn wins game then I'll back him 100% over Tebow.

Jake freakin Delhomme could be our starting QB and I would back his ass if he could win more games than Orton or Tebow.

I know thats what you or i would do. But the Tebow fanatics would be going bullistic. And i think that is what Dzone was driving at. Maybe i misunderstood.

Northman
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey, I love Tebowmania, but if Quinn is the starter come week 1, then I will be a huge Brady Quinn fan.

Dont know if i would be a huge Quinn fan but i would support him as long as he didnt stink up the joint.

Agent of Orange
07-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Ha. Orton is a champion Monday through Friday. Too bad the weekends, when Orton's not wearing a red jersay, are what matters.

Dzone
I know thats what you or i would do. But the Tebow fanatics would be going bullistic. And i think that is what Dzone was driving at. Maybe i misunderstood.
yep, thats what I was driving at. Wondering how people will be acting if Tebow gets beat out, fair and square.

DenBronx

Dude, I just miss us winning.

I live in the Bay Area near Oakland and most of my friends are Raider fans. I lost several huge bets last year. I wouldnt be able to bare us losing another 59-14 game to them. I'm still hearing it...

Northman
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Dude, I just miss us winning.

I live in the Bay Area near Oakland and most of my friends are Raider fans. I lost several huge bets last year. I wouldnt be able to bare us losing another 59-14 game to them. I'm still hearing it...

I couldnt even imagine being around many Raider fans after that game. I would probably of gotten into some fights. But then again, i kind of knew going in that the possibility of losing was a high percentage. Thats the problem with watching this team the last 2 years is that i never had any confidence in the coaching or the team. Even when we were struggling with Shanny and Cutler i still felt more positive than i have the last couple of years so im with you on the missing the winning part.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
I cant believe there are people out there hoping we suck so we can draft Andrew Luck... Thinking that If we are going to be bad anyway, lets be really bad so we can draft Luck..OMG...No way. I will be a basket case going thru another horrible season like last year.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 04:37 PM
I dont like Orton, but if we win with him, I will be all about it. Will it be worth $9 Million to get a few more wins by having Orton? Hell ya!

BroncoBowlby 88
07-28-2011, 04:39 PM
ortan is a four year starter in the league, tebow has started three games and is in his second season, of course ortan is going to look better the first day of TC. Tebow is a champion and deserving of the starting position (or at least a chance). trade ortan and give Tebow as many reps as possible, if it doesn't work out we have Quinn, a former stater at the pro level, as a back up.

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I dont like Orton, but if we win with him, I will be all about it. Will it be worth $9 Million to get a few more wins by having Orton? Hell ya!

A "few more wins" by Orton would be 4, and that isn't worth a damn penny.

Ravage!!!
07-28-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't doubt it. Tebow isn't the passer that Orton is. Orton is better at reading defenses and throws a more accurate pass. MANY of those that break down game-film have said they believe ORton would absolutely be the starter for the season if he was still on the team because Tebow just isn't ready.

That being said... I'm not shocked Orton ran the first offense, and am not surprised he outplayed him in passing the ball around.

lets just hope Orton is traded away so we don't have to see and suffer through his lack of play making during games.

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Who really thinks Orton will sit on the sidelines? He'll be down by the cheerleaders

BTW.... a buddy of mine who's a HUGE Bears fans is laughing at this thread.....

He said Change "Orton to Grossman and Tebow to Orton... and its 2008 ALL over again.....LMAO"

I looked it up and its scary....... Orton played 3 games "out playing Grossman who was becnhed that year"

Next year in training camp all the pundits said that Grossman outplayed Orton.. but "He always plays well in TC..."

Dey-jah-Voodoo for us.... yikes

Ravage!!!
07-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Who really thinks Orton will sit on the sidelines? He'll be down by the cheerleaders

BTW.... a buddy of mine who's a HUGE Bears fans is laughing at this thread.....

He said Change "Orton to Grossman and Tebow to Orton... and its 2008 ALL over again.....LMAO"

I looked it up and its scary....... Orton played 3 games "out playing Grossman who was becnhed that year"

Next year in training camp all the pundits said that Grossman outplayed Orton.. but "He always plays well in TC..."

Dey-jah-Voodoo for us.... yikes

Then Grossman leads them to the Super Bowl. So we shoudl expect the same with Orton?

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Then Grossman leads them to the Super Bowl. So we shoudl expect the same with Orton?

No... Thats TWO years later of "Bad rex"....LOL

2007-Grossman got benched for Griese after like 3 games..IIRC.. then replaced Griese... then Griese replaced him... Then... oh crap... Somehow Orton got in there...LMAO

Dzone
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
If they are saying this in 4 weeks, then hey...
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18568906

Dzone
07-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Klis just said that Orton is so much better than Tebow that its not even funny...He said it is going to be tough for the broncos to pull the trigger..He just said he doesnt think its going to happen...

Dzone
07-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Ok, we might have to start adjusting our mindset to another year of Orton

Ravage!!!
07-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Klis just said that Orton is so much better than Tebow that its not even funny...He said it is going to be tough for the broncos to pull the trigger..He just said he doesnt think its going to happen...

Ron Jaworski has said the same thing. He guessed that Orton would be the starter for the entire season...if he was on the roster at the start of the season.

DenBronx
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I cant believe there are people out there hoping we suck so we can draft Andrew Luck... Thinking that If we are going to be bad anyway, lets be really bad so we can draft Luck..OMG...No way. I will be a basket case going thru another horrible season like last year.

If you suck then you get Luck.

Not betting against Tebow in anyway. In fact I hope he becomes a FCQB for us. But if he does poorly I don't see him lasting because I know John will go balls out for Luck if he can draft him.

Northman
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Orton just got traded.

MileHighCrew
07-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Orton just got traded.

not funny

Northman
07-28-2011, 08:02 PM
not funny

I was just countering Dzone's comments. Trying to reverse his bad mojo. :D

MileHighCrew
07-28-2011, 08:04 PM
didn't read the rest just saw yours LOL

chazoe60
07-28-2011, 08:50 PM

I hate you.

dogfish
07-28-2011, 09:10 PM
I hate you.

i'm gonna have to suffer through another year of keystone cops defense if they don't pony up and grab a couple good DTs pretty quick here. . . you can live through another year of norton. . . .

:welcome:

Lancane
07-28-2011, 09:14 PM
i'm gonna have to suffer through another year of keystone cops defense if they don't pony up and grab a couple good DTs pretty quick here. . . you can live through another year of norton. . . .

Wow...

It's sad when we are hurting so bad for even sub-par defensive tackles that keeping Horton 'Hears a Who' sounds like a solid idea as long as we get somebody, anybody to play inside!

:lol:

chazoe60
07-28-2011, 09:15 PM

You think I won't be suffering at the hands of the defense as well? Also, Orton leg pissing on third down is one reason our defense sucks so bad.

What a ******* miserable year this could be, but at least we still have mother ******* Lonnie shit **** Paxton.

slim
07-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I wonder if the FO knows that there are actually DT available to sign?

Somebody should let them know.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 09:18 PM
I was just countering Dzone's comments. Trying to reverse his bad mojo. :D
I cant help it. I am moving over to the darkside. Its Orton time!!!! :laugh::laugh::lol:Hahahaah

Lancane
07-28-2011, 09:19 PM

If they haven't even figured that out then were screwed and we ain't getting any lube out of the deal either!

:tsk:

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I cant help it. I am moving over to the darkside. Its Orton time!!!! :laugh::laugh::lol:Hahahaah

Except he gets trapped IN the phone booth....

slim
07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
If they haven't even figured that out then were screwed and we ain't getting any lube out of the deal either!

:tsk:

Lube is overrated, IMO.

Stargazer
07-28-2011, 09:24 PM

If it's Orton time again this year I'm gonna find a new hobby.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-28-2011, 09:37 PM
I guess Orton wasn't a sharp in the evening practice. Von Miller picked him off.

There aren’t a ton of plays to be made during a walkthrough, but Miller managed to make a name for himself early on. The rookie snagged an interception from Kyle Orton, and laughed as he danced back to the sideline after the play.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2011-training-camp-day-2-p-m-blog/

chazoe60
07-28-2011, 09:39 PM
I guess Orton wasn't a sharp in the evening practice. Von Miller picked him off.

That makes sense, Kyle always sucks late.

Lancane
07-28-2011, 09:41 PM

.....:lol:

He's probably use to late problems, happens to heavy drinkers and the exotic girls they shack up with!

:D

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 09:44 PM

It's amateur hour at Dove Valley right now. They need to get their shit together quickly.

underrated29
07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
It's amateur hour at Dove Valley right now. They need to get their shit together quickly.

Are yo there rift now. I almost went. I am thinking o whoops have gonr. Regretting is sinking inn

HORSEPOWER 56
07-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Probably a dislocated finger, high ankle sprain, or rib injury to blame...

That's the only time he doesn't play like Tom Brady, or so I hear...

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Are yo there rift now. I almost went. I am thinking o whoops have gonr. Regretting is sinking inn

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Eh?

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Probably a dislocated finger, high ankle sprain, or rib injury to blame...

That's the only time he doesn't play like Tom Brady, or so I hear...

"Record-setting pace..."

"Then were those rib injuries..."

"If the season started today Kyle would be our starter..."

HORSEPOWER 56
07-28-2011, 09:57 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Eh?

He's hammered. It makes him type like jr.

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 10:02 PM
He's hammered. It makes him type like jr.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That rocks.

underrated29
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
I still dome know why people ar esurpriswd. Tebow hand no practices stall throughout the land year and onky had 3something starts.

Where kyle is like a 76 year vegetable and had first team reps. Yet somehow people exoect Timmay to beat out mule in his fiwrt practice back.

That seems vry stupid to me. Even peon mankind had liker 28 int his rookie year. Why. Shoo Timmay be so different.

underrated29
07-28-2011, 10:14 PM
I still dome know why people ar esurpriswd. Tebow hand no practices stall throughout the land year and onky had 3something starts.

Where kyle is like a 76 year vegetable and had first team reps. Yet somehow people exoect Timmay to beat out mule in his fiwrt practice back.

That seems vry stupid to me. Even peon mankind had liker 28 int his rookie year. Why. Shoo Timmay be so different.

Dear lore I hate my phom

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 10:15 PM
"Record-setting pace..."

"Then were those rib injuries..."

"If the season started today Kyle would be our starter..."

"Outdoor temp 41-60... QB rating 100.9"

Ravage!!!
07-28-2011, 10:19 PM

dude.. either turn off your autocorrect, or learn to back space and retype.

Dean
07-28-2011, 10:20 PM

What the hey? Most of this is English, right???????

Ravage!!!
07-28-2011, 10:22 PM

this has got to be one of the funniest things I can't quite read! :laugh:

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 10:26 PM
this has got to be one of the funniest things I can't quite read! :laugh:

Yeah, I agree. Too damn funny.

EMB6903
07-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Did Orton outplay Tebow "going through the motions"

Tebow isnt the type of player that impresses you during practice.

Its what he does when the play breaks down that makes him special.

Another pointless article.

dogfish
07-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Dear lore I hate my phom

:spit: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

underrated29
07-28-2011, 10:57 PM
dude.. either turn off your autocorrect, or learn to back space and retype.

I alert you how once beforehand in another thread. You nevertheless answrred

And im too lady to fo back and cancer any mistakes. Sport but everyone s just going to have to desk it until tomorrow

HORSEPOWER 56
07-28-2011, 10:59 PM
I alert you how once beforehand in another thread. You nevertheless answrred

And im too lady to fo back and cancer any mistakes. Sport but everyone s just going to have to desk it until tomorrow

Best. Post. Ever.

:pound:

bcbronc
07-28-2011, 11:49 PM

looks like we've got a hot shot rookie trying to show-up the vet. Von better recognize whose team this is....

sneakers
07-28-2011, 11:50 PM
LOL I love seeing all the Tebowmaniacs getting all riled up when someone makes this kind of thread.

sneakers
07-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Best. Post. Ever.

:pound:

Yes, it was quite good.

dogfish
07-29-2011, 12:08 AM
looks like we've got a hot shot rookie trying to show-up the vet. Von better recognize whose team this is....

lonie paxton's?

:noidea:

broncosfannum24
07-29-2011, 03:25 AM
Its only practice, its about gameday funny thing is orton had accuracy problems his first season with the bears, and now people are saying hes our best qb, yea he is in practice but come game time its all tebow, give him some time and reps with the first team constantly and you ll see improvement in his accuracy.

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 06:49 AM
History does repeat itself......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=seifert_kevin&id=3507054

LOL...."There's even talk of acquiring Chris Simms from Tampa".....LMAO

threefolddead
07-29-2011, 06:58 AM
.... After one day of practice... after a lockout.... the first freakin day these guys have gotten back on the field we are making judgments about who needs to start. It's pretty obvious Orton would look better in practice. He's been in the league a lot longer. All the stories and the radio pundits can say what they like but I'll wait a few more weeks into practice and preseason games. Hahaha but this is hilarious to read.

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 07:02 AM
I want to see how Orton handles the "Girl Scout" drill today....

During 7 on 7's..they let a bunch of girl scouts run onto the field to see who can sell the most cookies to players....

Orton might just fall into a fetal ball position as pressure from up the middle approaches him

Tned
07-29-2011, 07:20 AM
I had previously posted that Orton had around $5 million of this years salary guaranteed -- Broncos would be on the hook for if they released him. However, when double checking, the $5 million guaranteed was last year and this year combined.

It's actually $2.9 or his $8.9 million that's guaranteed this year, so we are looking at $3 million of cash/cap hit if he was release vs. trading him. The one wild card is that he also has a $1.5 million roster bonus. I'm not sure if that has already come due. If so, then it would bounce his number backup to $4.5 million.

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Tned...
I just went thru my couch.. I found $.72!!! I bet if we put enough of those "Jerry's Kids" coin things like in "My Blue Heaven" at every 7-11...man in a week we could buy out Kyle's contract!!!

brilliant huh?

Tned
07-29-2011, 07:30 AM
I had previously posted that Orton had around $5 million of this years salary guaranteed -- Broncos would be on the hook for if they released him. However, when double checking, the $5 million guaranteed was last year and this year combined.

It's actually $2.9 or his $8.9 million that's guaranteed this year, so we are looking at $3 million of cash/cap hit if he was release vs. trading him. The one wild card is that he also has a $1.5 million roster bonus. I'm not sure if that has already come due. If so, then it would bounce his number backup to $4.5 million.

Crap, thought I posted this in the other Kyle Orton thread.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 07:57 AM
What a freakin circus...

Dzone
07-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Ive been as big an Orton "hater" as there is, but looking at the positives here. Think about the spoiled ones like Carmelo, Lebron James, Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, etc etc. I was kind of impressed when I saw Orton come out and say "I want to stay here". He didnt say "Im taking my talents to south beach."... Adam Shefter just said its unlikely now for the trade to happen. Schereth is filling in this morning on ESPN with Mike. Denver is going to wait. "Denver has a commodity in Kyle Orton." "Its a complicated situation"-Mike
Like I said earlier, we may have to adjust our mindset and accept that Tebow time might be on hold.

vandammage13
07-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Ive been as big an Orton "hater" as there is, but looking at the positives here. Think about the spoiled ones like Carmelo, Lebron James, Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, etc etc. I was kind of impressed when I saw Orton come out and say "I want to stay here". He didnt say "Im taking my talents to south beach."... Adam Shefter just said its unlikely now for the trade to happen. Schereth is filling in this morning on ESPN with Mike. Denver is going to wait. "Denver has a commodity in Kyle Orton." "Its a complicated situation"-Mike
Like I said earlier, we may have to adjust our mindset and accept that Tebow time might be on hold.

Orton doesn't have any talents to take to south beach....

Dzone
07-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Orton doesn't have any talents to take to south beach....

haha, you gotta point there...ya, I wouldnt put orton in lebrons cmpany talentwise

MileHighCrew
07-29-2011, 09:26 AM
haha, you gotta point there...ya, I wouldnt put orton in lebrons cmpany talentwise

I don't know Orton in the 4th plays a lot like LeBron in the finals

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 09:33 AM
We just may have to accept the fact that Tim Tebow may never be more than a back-up. Seriously. If he isn't able to be out Kyle Orton as the starter, whats that tell you? Brian Griese beat out Orton. Grossman beat out Orton. Tebow HAS to be able to show it in practice that he is BETTER (at identifying, calling, reading, and throwing) than Kyle during team practices, or he'll never be more than a back-up QB in the NFL.

Its not like he would be the first QB taken in the first round that was never more than a back up. Its not like the 'hype' surrounding Tim Tebow was never completely overblown. We know what Kyle is, and if Tim can't outperform him in front of his teammates and coaches...at practice...... then he'll sit another season and you will see Denver draft another QB in next April.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Such Obsession over this guy.

Whatever happens happens.

topscribe
07-29-2011, 09:41 AM
This thread is funny. :lol:

-----

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 09:41 AM
We just may have to accept the fact that Tim Tebow may never be more than a back-up. Seriously. If he isn't able to be out Kyle Orton as the starter, whats that tell you? Brian Griese beat out Orton. Grossman beat out Orton. Tebow HAS to be able to show it in practice that he is BETTER (at identifying, calling, reading, and throwing) than Kyle during team practices, or he'll never be more than a back-up QB in the NFL.

Its not like he would be the first QB taken in the first round that was never more than a back up. Its not like the 'hype' surrounding Tim Tebow was never completely overblown. We know what Kyle is, and if Tim can't outperform him in front of his teammates and coaches...at practice...... then he'll sit another season and you will see Denver draft another QB in next April.

Ravages evil plan is coming together pefectly!

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4cf32a1bcadcbb6019190000-304-228/andrew-luck.jpg

Dzone
07-29-2011, 09:53 AM
This thread is funny. :lol:

-----

hahaha, you must be having a good laugh right now top. Orton is throwing a monkey wrench into the whole scenario. Pretty damn funny:lol:

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Ravages evil plan is coming together pefectly!

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4cf32a1bcadcbb6019190000-304-228/andrew-luck.jpg

Not my plan. But this is one of the best QB classes to come out in a while. Projected (as of right now) to be about 6 1st round QBs taken. If Tebow can't beat out Kyle Orton for the starting role, don't think we won't be on the list of takers.

I don't have to tell you that Kyle is NOT a good NFL QB. He's average at best. If the young QB on the roster can't beat him out in his second year, after being considered 1st round talent..... then Tebow has shown that he's most likely not the guy of the future.

Lets be honest... I would LOVE LOVE to get Luck. But I also am confident enough to know/feel that we are going to win too many games to get him. We won't be the worst team in the NFL......that was McD's doing and he's out of here.

So we aren't in contention for Andrew. But that doesn't mean there won't be other QBs in the class that won't work.

CoachChaz
07-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Not my plan. But this is one of the best QB classes to come out in a while. Projected (as of right now) to be about 6 1st round QBs taken. If Tebow can't beat out Kyle Orton for the starting role, don't think we won't be on the list of takers.

I don't have to tell you that Kyle is NOT a good NFL QB. He's average at best. If the young QB on the roster can't beat him out in his second year, after being considered 1st round talent..... then Tebow has shown that he's most likely not the guy of the future.

Lets be honest... I would LOVE LOVE to get Luck. But I also am confident enough to know/feel that we are going to win too many games to get him. We won't be the worst team in the NFL......that was McD's doing and he's out of here.

So we aren't in contention for Andrew. But that doesn't mean there won't be other QBs in the class that won't work.

I'm in the same boat. After this year, Orton will walk and we can surely find a taker for Tebow. That would eliminate a lot of salary. If it works out that we can get Luck...GREAT. If it's another QB, then so be it. The reason Orton is practicing better than Tebow is because Orton is a better passer. Yes, Tebow may be the overall better player, but if I have to decide between the two, which one I want in a game with 2 minutes left and 80 yards distancing us from a win...I lean towards Orton making the better decisions. I really dont think Fox, Elway or too many others have a lot of faith in Tebow. I could be wrong. Players seems to back him, but I'm not one to make my starting QB decisions based on what a DE or a LT think about him and his skillset. We are rebuilding. It's not going to happen in one off-season. If we have another 4 win season this year, it'll be a trade off for 10 win seasons to follow

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm in the same boat. After this year, Orton will walk and we can surely find a taker for Tebow. That would eliminate a lot of salary. If it works out that we can get Luck...GREAT. If it's another QB, then so be it. The reason Orton is practicing better than Tebow is because Orton is a better passer. Yes, Tebow may be the overall better player, but if I have to decide between the two, which one I want in a game with 2 minutes left and 80 yards distancing us from a win...I lean towards Orton making the better decisions. I really dont think Fox, Elway or too many others have a lot of faith in Tebow. I could be wrong. Players seems to back him, but I'm not one to make my starting QB decisions based on what a DE or a LT think about him and his skillset. We are rebuilding. It's not going to happen in one off-season. If we have another 4 win season this year, it'll be a trade off for 10 win seasons to follow

My only argument to that is Orton was in that exact scenario 6 times last year. We lost 5 of those games. Tebow was in that scenario once (almost twice, but < 30 seconds wasn't enough to drive the length of the field and score on SD) and we won.

For Orton, Tennessee was a win based on a long PI call that put us first and goal on the 1. Then there was an INT thrown (Jax, SF), a fumbled snap (NYJ), and 4 and outs (STL, and KC)

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 10:18 AM
My only argument to that is Orton was in that exact scenario 6 times last year. We lost 5 of those games. Tebow was in that scenario once (almost twice, but < 30 seconds wasn't enough to drive the length of the field and score on SD) and we won.

I'm betting top brings up the NE game in about 3-2-1.........

CoachChaz
07-29-2011, 10:24 AM

I witnessed the same thing, but I'm leaning more towards the fact that Orton knows the team wants to be rid of him. He knows Tebow is waiting. And he's in a contract year. What's to say he doesnt pull a Haynesworth and use all that for motivation and have a carer year? Or maybe he just feels compelled to prove he is a legit NFL QB and plays to his potential.

I dont know and I dont think any of us can do anything other than speculate. Personally, I think we're screwed regardless of which two is the QB.

Mike
07-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I dont know and I dont think any of us can do anything other than speculate. Personally, I think we're screwed regardless of which two is the QB.

I agree, and believe Denver will be amongst the worst teams this year.

I am not completely sold on Tebow, but I am not sold in any way on Orton. We know what we get in Orton and what we get won't do. Which is why I wanted the team to give Tebow the season to run with it. If he flops then the team knows it and can move forward.

Starting Orton is treading water and hurts the team long term.

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't make much of this at all. not up against opposition, it's first practice, etc. ....

LordTrychon
07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
I knew this would happen....

When Tebow was drafted... most people said he was a 2-3 year project before he'd be ready to be a starter... most said that he should sit MINIMUM for 2 years...

But after one year, if he's a bit shaky still.... OMGZorZ! BUST!BUST!BUST!

Let's see where he is after a few weeks at least, eh?

If he doesn't seem to be progressing in practice or on the field, whichever seems to be the case by the end of the year... then it's a worthy discussion...

But no, I didn't necessarily expect him to beat out Orton by the very start of the Second year.

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
The Dolphins just signed QB Matt Moore to a two year contract.

Mike
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM

:laugh:

:rofl:

:Cry:

:drinking:

MileHighCrew

When Tebow was drafted... most people said he was a 2-3 year project before he'd be ready to be a starter... most said that he should sit MINIMUM for 2 years...

If he doesn't seem to be progressing in practice or on the field, whichever seems to be the case by the end of the year... then it's a worthy discussion...

But no, I didn't necessarily expect him to beat out Orton by the very start of the Second year.

Same with Ayers, he was a project too

DenBronx
7 minutes ago - by Chris Perkins - Dolphins may continue to go with QB Henne
Owner Stephen Ross on QB: “(We said) we’d upgrade that position if there’s somebody that much better available. I don’t think there was really anybody that far outstanding that you would say is any much better than Chad (Henne) to upgrade that position. So I don’t know what’s going to happen out there.” Dolphins RapidReports

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 10:34 AM

That shows you what they are looking for... not much. They know they will be drafting a QB in this coming draft and is why they didn't want to sign Orton to a longer term contract.

MileHighCrew
07-29-2011, 10:35 AM
That shows you what they are looking for... not much. They know they will be drafting a QB in this coming draft and is why they didn't want to sign Orton to a longer term contract.

2 year for 5 Mil, guess Orton isn't going there.

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 10:37 AM

I still have a very hard problem with believing ANY QB that was so good in college, and was a first roudn pick, needs to sit for 2 years. Why is it that no other rookie needs to sit for 2 years? If he's that far behind reading defenses, then its a problem. That means 3 years into his contract, he's at a 1st year level. 4 Years in, he's barely out of his rookie season, and his rookie contract is up (or however that works with the new CBA).

LordTrychon
Owner Stephen Ross on QB: “(We said) we’d upgrade that position if there’s somebody that much better available. I don’t think there was really anybody that far outstanding that you would say is any much better than Chad (Henne) to upgrade that position. So I don’t know what’s going to happen out there.” Dolphins RapidReports

Zing. :laugh:

BroncoNut

yeah, this is just media hype. Doesn't suirprise me at all. I'm not going to bite. I still think it's time to move on without KO, and see what there is in Tebow. He might be the man yet. some players (in all sports) just are better game players than practice players. Sounds like Tebow and the qb coach really need to be addressing the throwing mechanics thing. It's a bit troubling that Elway seems to be brushing off Tebow. You would think he'd know talent when he saw it. I can't help but pull for a guy like Tim though

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
List of players teams would rather have than Orton:

Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Moore
John Beck
Kevin Kolb
Matt Hassleback
Donovan McNabb

:laugh: And now we're stuck with him and we'll be drafting a QB next year and once again neglecting the worst interior defensive front in the league. All the while never really knowing what we have with Tebow. Thanks Josh McDaniels for leaving the Broncos with one last punch in the gut in the form of Orton's one year extension. May you rot in Hell you miserable basturd(McDaniels that is, My hatred for Orton is strictly football based).

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM

Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Moore
John Beck
Kevin Kolb
Matt Hassleback
Donovan McNabb

:laugh: And now we're stuck with him and we'll be drafting a QB next year and once again neglecting the worst interior defensive front in the league. All the while never really knowing what we have with Tebow. Thanks Josh McDaniels for leaving the Broncos with one last punch in the gut in the form of Orton's one year extension. May you rot in Hell you miserable basturd(McDaniels that is, My hatred for Orton is strictly football based).

man, that's pretty brutal. I thought orton's stock was high with Carson Palmer out of the picture. Has that changed?

LordTrychon
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
I still have a very hard problem with believing ANY QB that was so good in college, and was a first roudn pick, needs to sit for 2 years. Why is it that no other rookie needs to sit for 2 years? If he's that far behind reading defenses, then its a problem. That means 3 years into his contract, he's at a 1st year level. 4 Years in, he's barely out of his rookie season, and his rookie contract is up (or however that works with the new CBA).

I know you do... I have my own thoughts on it, too... and they're somewhere between yours and a lot of others.

I just think its funny that most people said when we got him "Two years on the bench..." Then after one year... "Bust".

I know that's not you... you were calling him a bust 3 years ago. ;)

I'm just saying that a lot of the people who are likely to freak if Tebow can't beat out Orton this year, likely also didn't expect him to be able to when we drafted him.

LordTrychon
07-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Tarvaris Jackson
Matt Moore
John Beck
Kevin Kolb
Matt Hassleback
Donovan McNabb

How many of those guys required a 3rd and a contract like Orton's?

CoachChaz
07-29-2011, 10:51 AM
I'll say I was always interested in what Tebow could do in the NFL and im another that roots for a gamer like him. But at the end of the day, I prefer a more low risk guy sitting in the pocket. My issue with Tebow is his competetiveness. Sounds strange, but it scares me to go "all in" on a QB that could miss a few games here and there on a regular basis due to concussions, cracked ribs, etc. There is a difference in being competitive and being reckless.

And I havent even started on his throwing mechanics and decision making

T.K.O.
07-29-2011, 10:51 AM
McD is lickin' his chops....he can now wait until tonight when the broncos cut orton for cap space...and snag the back up of his dreams in st louis:shocked:
seriously how pefect would that be for him ?
he's got 4 weeks to get bradford up to speed on his O....Orton would be the perfect "back up plan"

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 10:52 AM
How many of those guys required a 3rd and a contract like Orton's?

I understand that but if Orton was worth anything at all in this pass happy league someone would have ponied up. I have been saying it for months now that the most we could get from Orton was a 4th, because that's what he is: a stop gap QB with major flaws that will be replaced by any team he ever goes to after a couple of seasons. That is not a commodity teams pay a lot for.

At this point I really hope we just cut him, but I don't think that will happen. Oh well, another 10 boring ass games to withstand then he'll be hurt or benched, that's my prediction anyway.

The thing that really bugs me is that sticking with Orton is such a sideways move that we will have absolutely no long term benefit as a franchise by doing it. At least if we give Tebow or even Quinn a shot we can see where we are with them. At least then if we draft a QB next year we can say we had to.

I want the QB who can win us a SB the quickest to start. I am of the opinion that Kyle Orton will never win anyone a SB. So, even if he outperforms TT or BQ in practice, so the **** what?

I'm just pissed, and I'll have to get over it. It's just frustrating to realize that we have been chasing a franchise QB since Elway retired and we are going to start that chase all over again if we start the lame duck.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 10:55 AM
man, that's pretty brutal. I thought orton's stock was high with Carson Palmer out of the picture. Has that changed?

Apparently he isn't viewed as being much better than Chad Henne...

I'm a bit surprised there isn't ONE single sucker out there willing to trade for him. But he's just a stop-gap and his belief that he is an adequate NFL starter is going to be a problem no matter where he goes.

We need to just cut him and move on. He'll only cause distractions at camp when we need the young guys to develop and quickly.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 10:56 AM
McD is lickin' his chops....he can now wait until tonight when the broncos cut orton for cap space...and snag the back up of his dreams in st louis:shocked:
seriously how pefect would that be for him ?
he's got 4 weeks to get bradford up to speed on his O....Orton would be the perfect "back up plan"

McD doesn't make roster decisions in St. Louis, and that is a VERY good thing for them.

DenBronx
07-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Lombardi made a good point that the Broncos may wait well into preseason when guys like Henne are not playing so well and trade Orton when the market gets a little hotter.

Could be an injury or poor performance then teams will break the bank.

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Lombardi made a good point that the Broncos may wait well into preseason when guys like Henne are not playing so well and trade Orton when the market gets a little hotter.

Could be an injury or poor performance then teams will break the bank.

BUT, in the meantime, guys like Tebow and Quinn are missing precious reps in practice that would help them and Denver when the season begins.

I would go to Orton and say, "we're done with you, thanks for everything...", make him the 3rd, and then shop him for peanuts on the market. Cinci, Washington, St. Louis, Oakland... There is SOME market for him. Especially if someone gets hurt.

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 11:25 AM
We should get something for him, and if waiting for an injury to happen or for the pre-season to show a team just how weak they are... then I'm up for that rather than cutting him outright. Makes no sense to ake the 5 million hit simply to cut the guy. Although I have made it VERY clear that I don't want him to start, if Tebow can't beat him out, then it says more about Tebow than anything/anyone else.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
We should get something for him, and if waiting for an injury to happen or for the pre-season to show a team just how weak they are... then I'm up for that rather than cutting him outright. Makes no sense to ake the 5 million hit simply to cut the guy. Although I have made it VERY clear that I don't want him to start, if Tebow can't beat him out, then it says more about Tebow than anything/anyone else.

The longer this goes on, the bigger the fiasco at QB in DEN will get.
This whole thing is gonna blow up in their faces.

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 11:45 AM
The longer this goes on, the bigger the fiasco at QB in DEN will get.
This whole thing is gonna blow up in their faces.

I dont'k now what you mean by 'blow up.' How so? We dont' know whats going on.. and they may be very willing ot ride the season out with Orton if Tebow can't show that he's better in practice. Thats not blowing up, thats going with the best option... from their point of view. They obviously are willing to use Orton for one year and let him walk at the end of the season. Or.. they are looking to trade him later as the opportunity arises. Either way, I don't know how it could be a "blow up."

BroncoStud
07-29-2011, 11:49 AM
I dont'k now what you mean by 'blow up.' How so? We dont' know whats going on.. and they may be very willing ot ride the season out with Orton if Tebow can't show that he's better in practice. Thats not blowing up, thats going with the best option... from their point of view. They obviously are willing to use Orton for one year and let him walk at the end of the season. Or.. they are looking to trade him later as the opportunity arises. Either way, I don't know how it could be a "blow up."

I just think that Orton will start and the enormous pressure of Tebow on the sidelines, the boos at home when he doesn't convert on 3rd down, and every incompletion he has will be his undoing.

I'm all for it. Let Orton play his way out of the job. The only problem is that doesn't give us a full evaluation of Tebow.

BigDaddyBronco
07-29-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm glad we have had enough preseaon time to make a judgement on Tebow...

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Not sold on Orton or Tebow. Neither inspire any sort of confidence. Tweeners; both of 'em. Never good enough to be a solid #1 QB but not bad enough to be considered an average #2 QB.

The sooner this organization is rid of the both of them, the happier I'll be.

SOCALORADO.
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM

By blow up, i mean the constant pressure from the media as to WTF is goin on in DEN as Orton throws pick after pick, and the camera pans to Tebow.
The fans boo, and the camera pans to Elway.
The whole thing will just be a huge negative blotch all season.

underrated29
07-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I suspect tebow will surpass orton in preseason and be the starter. if not, we go with orton til he gets hurt, then tebow takes the reignes then.

If of course we have not traded orton by then.

I am thinking that washington, miami and cincy might be more interested after a few preseason games.

chazoe60
07-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Not sold on Orton or Tebow. Neither inspire any sort of confidence. Tweeners; both of 'em. Never good enough to be a solid #1 QB but not bad enough to be considered an average #2 QB.

The sooner this organization is rid of the both of them, the happier I'll be.

I can see making that judgement of Orton he's proven to be exactly that, but with Tebow we really don't know. It'd be nice to find out though.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 02:20 PM
hahaha, you must be having a good laugh right now top. Orton is throwing a monkey wrench into the whole scenario. Pretty damn funny:lol:

why should he take less he has earned teh right as a vet to have bargaining rights..

HE is not as bad a QB as many seem to think.

IF he sticks around this year he will have a career year like almost every RFA does.. so now is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Again I'd love to see him somewhere he would be appreciated and with a team and city other than DEN.. would love to see that almost 9 mil off the books and Tebow getting to know the scheme more than he will as a backup.

Why anyone would think he would step in and do better than Orton has is way beyond my comprehension..

ALmost NO experience other than 3 late season games, he is still trying to get up to game speed in the passing game.. just plane getting up to NFL speed.

FOlks it is a rare QB that comes in day one and performs at the level some of you are expecting..

your expectations are way to high I would call the the BS GATOR syndrome.. way to much hype from down south..

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 02:55 PM
By blow up, i mean the constant pressure from the media as to WTF is goin on in DEN as Orton throws pick after pick, and the camera pans to Tebow.

Yeah. I'm not looking forward to the QB controversay either. I don't like to see it for any team in the NFL... but we always seem to see one. But when I see it happen to another team, I don't look upon them with a negative "blotch." I just look upon them as having a QB controversay.

We don't even know if Orton will win the job. All Tebow has to do is be as good, or NEARLY as good, as Orton. If he's nearly as good, then the coaching staff will go with Tebow. Why wouldn't they? But if Orton is CLEARLY the better option, then Orton win the job.

That being the case, as much as I HATE that Orton would be our starter, it says more about Tebow than anyone else.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
why should he take less he has earned teh right as a vet to have bargaining rights..

HE is not as bad a QB as many seem to think.

IF he sticks around this year he will have a career year like almost every RFA does.. so now is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Again I'd love to see him somewhere he would be appreciated and with a team and city other than DEN..

What right? He's under a contract he signed. He gets whatever "rights" he's allowed by that contract. The point is, nobody wants him for his asking price. That, to me, means he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Oh, and about him being "wanted", how long is that going to last before they see him for what he really is? One year? Two? He's already been traded from his first team and now is desperately being shopped from his current one. Perhaps that should tell you what teams really think of him. The grass is always greener with Kyle Orton until he's your QB, then all you can do is long for something better.

The Bears don't miss him and neither will we when he's finally gone.

rationalfan
07-29-2011, 03:16 PM
orton's side of the story:

http://deadspin.com/5826054/

this is interesting:

What do you like about John Fox's offense to take your game to another level?
"I think we are going to run the ball better this year. I think Knowshon Moreno is in great shape right now. I think the offensive line is embracing the fact that we are going to run the football and we have to run the football to be successful. I know the receivers are as well. I don't think any receiving core across the league last year saw tougher looks to throw the football to than we did on a week in and week out basis, so we realize if we can run the football effectively we are going to get a lot of single safety looks to throw the ball into and I'll talk my chances with Brandon Lloyd, Eddie Royal and Eric Decker and those guys one-on-one every day."

Lancane
07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Orton had potential when he entered the NFL, problem is that he allowed that to go to his head, he's not the most astute student for any coach. We heard that from several coaches including those at the collegiate level, and while he has a descent arm, his accuracy has always hindered on his emotional sobriety, and in that respects he is a lot like Jake Plummer and that was the one issue all the fans had with the 'Snake' whilst he played in Denver. He's also a piss poor leader on and off the field. Tebow has already outdone Orton in that regard, twice over and in lesser games no less. Add in that he's more interested in drinking then bettering himself, very much like Brian Griese and has a big head to boot... I just don't want him on this team any longer, how much more do we have to put up with. Of course knowing our luck, it would be no surprise for the new regime to go against the grain and instead of getting their own quarterback, they keep McDumbasses leftovers.

Problem is Orton is a stopgap nothing more and nothing less, but if we do not see what Tebow has for at least a full season then we could be playing the stopgap musical chair game much like how the Jets, Chiefs, Raiders, 49ers and Buccaneers have done in the past, anyone else notice it did them little good?

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 03:42 PM
What right? He's under a contract he signed. He gets whatever "rights" he's allowed by that contract. The point is, nobody wants him for his asking price. That, to me, means he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Oh, and about him being "wanted", how long is that going to last before they see him for what he really is? One year? Two? He's already been traded from his first team and now is desperately being shopped from his current one. Perhaps that should tell you what teams really think of him. The grass is always greener with Kyle Orton until he's your QB, then all you can do is long for something better.

The same thing happened when he was thrown into the trade to come here. He wasn't WANTED here by the fans. NO ONE was excited to have Kyle Orton as our starter. Some felt excited because of the 8-8 record, and then more Kyle Orton came around.... reminding us WHY no one wanted Kyle Orton to begin with. Reminded us WHY Chicago was very willing to toss him into the mix. Reminding us WHY no team is willing to sign him to a long-term deal.

QBs earn their "appreciation" in this league. Considering how the 8-8 record earned him another year as a starter, and earned the THEN coach to use a
1st round pick on drafting someone to replace him... I think Kyle has earned the appreciation that is shown to him here.

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Orton's trade value right now is its highest it EVER will be and we couldnt get a 3rd for him.

NEXT year after "Running Fox's run Offense".....Kyle will be worth...diddly poo

Agent of Orange
07-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Orton's trade value right now is its highest it EVER will be and we couldnt get a 3rd for him.

NEXT year after "Running Fox's run Offense".....Kyle will be worth...diddly poo

He'll be a free agent next year. Reports are coming out that its not that he wasnt worth a 2nd but that Orton wanted too much money. So, now the gloves should come off and Denver should be trying to d*ck Orton over as much as possible to reciprocate. If that means Orton is our 3rd string QB all year, so be it. Not playing isnt going to help Ortons value next offseason when he's a FA.

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 07:53 PM
He'll be a free agent next year. Reports are coming out that its not that he wasnt worth a 2nd but that Orton wanted too much money. So, now the gloves should come off and Denver should be trying to d*ck Orton over as much as possible to reciprocate. If that means Orton is our 3rd string QB all year, so be it. Not playing isnt going to help Ortons value next offseason when he's a FA.

Which is why Elway needed to get this doen BEFORE Kolb hit the lotto...:)

Damn... I might make Orton the guy who runs out for the kicking Tee....

Of course he'd take a f****ng day getting back on a run

Dzone
07-29-2011, 07:58 PM

He fell down and put his head between his knees as soon as he saw a wave of raiderette cheerleaders running on to the field

MOtorboat
07-29-2011, 08:00 PM

He fell down and put his head between his knees as soon as he saw a wave of raiderette cheerleaders running on to the field

Sweet. John Elway smack from "Broncos" fans. And I say that pretty loosely.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, at least Orton is giving Von some practice. Von picked him off twice again today. Von 3, Orton 0.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I understand that but if Orton was worth anything at all in this pass happy league someone would have ponied up. I have been saying it for months now that the most we could get from Orton was a 4th, because that's what he is: a stop gap QB with major flaws that will be replaced by any team he ever goes to after a couple of seasons. That is not a commodity teams pay a lot for.

At this point I really hope we just cut him, but I don't think that will happen. Oh well, another 10 boring ass games to withstand then he'll be hurt or benched, that's my prediction anyway.

The thing that really bugs me is that sticking with Orton is such a sideways move that we will have absolutely no long term benefit as a franchise by doing it. At least if we give Tebow or even Quinn a shot we can see where we are with them. At least then if we draft a QB next year we can say we had to.

I want the QB who can win us a SB the quickest to start. I am of the opinion that Kyle Orton will never win anyone a SB. So, even if he outperforms TT or BQ in practice, so the **** what?

I'm just pissed, and I'll have to get over it. It's just frustrating to realize that we have been chasing a franchise QB since Elway retired and we are going to start that chase all over again if we start the lame duck.

I guess you missed Klis's article today that said the Broncos got what they were asking for, the only hang up was Orton wanting a contract extension..

But then RIF

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 08:30 PM

yeah like Orton lead teh NFL in picks last year or for that matter his whole career..

the first year here everyone piss and moaned about his noodle arm, can't throw it deep, next year he leads the NFL in passes over 20 and 40 yards and all of a sudden, it is something else to piss and moan about

Now his passes are crisp and on the money in camp and tebow is not so hot yet and Orton should be cut because he going to do something he has never done before..

time to get a life beyond the broncos if that is all you have to worry about..

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 08:37 PM

actually in 09 their were lots of bears fans that wanted him back.. in fact I just talked to a bears fan the other day who absolutely loathes cutler, think she called him a dumpling cry baby IIRC.

do many think he walks on water probably so about the same percentage as sin DEN that still think that way..

If it was not for his defense and ST there is no way he would have carried that team to the playoffs. he is what he is a ONE time pro bowler that got there by the popular vote because it was done before rivers got hot.

HE is an above average QB based on arm strength alone, but his turn overs kill drives.. Just as Ortons incompletions do..

TXBRONC
07-29-2011, 09:02 PM

They're saying that for show. I think they really wanted Orton but they thought they could get him for a song and a dance.

Lonestar
07-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by DenBronx

what else do you say after you whiff on getting a new QB..

every QB knows that they are always looking for the FQB, Christ even reeves did it with Elway on the team.. when you whiff on one you have to do the coach speak to unruffle feathers of your starter..

broncoFan!
07-29-2011, 10:40 PM
what else do you say after you whiff on getting a new QB..

every QB knows that they are always looking for the FQB, Christ even reeves did it with Elway on the team.. when you whiff on one you have to do the coach speak to unruffle feathers of your starter..

Yah the last time we had a franchise QB was Cutler. Guess what happened to him JR? Oh & Orton is, will not, and will never be a franchise QB. He is simply Ortonary.

camdisco24
07-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, they did the same thing with their dang head coach!
haha, now that was embarrassing. I too think they really wanted Orton, just like the wanted Harbaugh (Sp?).

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 10:41 PM
yeah like Orton lead teh NFL in picks last year or for that matter his whole career..

the first year here everyone piss and moaned about his noodle arm, can't throw it deep, next year he leads the NFL in passes over 20 and 40 yards and all of a sudden, it is something else to piss and moan about

Now his passes are crisp and on the money in camp and tebow is not so hot yet and Orton should be cut because he going to do something he has never done before..

time to get a life beyond the broncos if that is all you have to worry about..

Wait... HOW does he "Lead the NFL in deep pass plays" when....."Our Oline couldnt block anyone...he was running for his life back there"????

hmmmmmm :confused:

Juriga72
07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
actually in 09 their were lots of bears fans that wanted him back.. in fact I just talked to a bears fan the other day who absolutely loathes cutler, think she called him a dumpling cry baby IIRC.

do many think he walks on water probably so about the same percentage as sin DEN that still think that way..

If it was not for his defense and ST there is no way he would have carried that team to the playoffs. he is what he is a ONE time pro bowler that got there by the popular vote because it was done before rivers got hot.

HE is an above average QB based on arm strength alone, but his turn overs kill drives.. Just as Ortons incompletions do..

I bet they cried when they got to the NFC Championship game at home this year..... Durn Cutler and his 4 td's in a playoff win....