PDA

View Full Version : ain't that a kick in the pants?

dogfish
10-01-2007, 01:11 AM
in one of my yahoo public leagues, i went into this weekend with the second-highest point total in the league-- the only team that's scored more points than i have is the team in first place. . . and i'm in LAST!

:frusty: :frusty:

i've been one of the highest scorers every week, but every week i've lost by inches-- i haven't won a single time. . . and naturally, this week i'm up against the first place team. . . right now i've got the second best score of the week and am winning by 25 points-- but he still has palmer and moss, and it's almost inevitable that they'll put up enough points to win in the standard yahoo scoring format. . . soooo, i'll increase my points lead over everyone between second and ninth, but still be in the basement. . . if i could just get a few wins i'd jump all the way into the playoff picture, but every stinkin' week somebody absolutely goes off against me. . . carson's 6 TDs? yep. . . kevin curtis and westbrook last week? you know it! steve smith? naturally. . . all i can do now is laugh, so i don't cry. . . . :lol:

need to gripe about your fantasy football bad luck? i'm listening. . . .

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 01:49 AM
in one of my yahoo public leagues, i went into this weekend with the second-highest point total in the league-- the only team that's scored more points than i have is the team in first place. . . and i'm in LAST!

i've been one of the highest scorers every week, but every week i've lost by inches-- i haven't won a single time. . . and naturally, this week i'm up against the first place team. . . right now i've got the second best score of the week and am winning by 25 points-- but he still has palmer and moss, and it's almost inevitable that they'll put up enough points to win in the standard yahoo scoring format. . . soooo, i'll increase my points lead over everyone between second and ninth, but still be in the basement. . . if i could just get a few wins i'd jump all the way into the playoff picture, but every stinkin' week somebody absolutely goes off against me. . . carson's 6 TDs? yep. . . kevin curtis and westbrook last week? you know it! steve smith? naturally. . . all i can do now is laugh, so i don't cry. . . .

need to gripe about your fantasy football bad luck? i'm listening. . . .

Ouch, and I thought I had it bad. So far in our league for this board, I am currently ranked (but probably not after this week) the second highest scorer in the league (with 304 points, the leader has scored a total of 321). Each week I have played against the top scoring teams. The only reason I won in week 3 is because I was able to edge ahead by .12 points over my opponent, who happened to be second highest in points that week, behind my .12 lead :D.

Currently the points against (PA) my team is head and shoulders above the rest. My PA number so far in three weeks is 345 points. The closest team to that is 289...... :ahhhhh:

Now my team is ravaged by injury. Boldin, Ward, Maroney, but things could be worse. It sounds like your situation in your yahoo league takes the cake.... but there is my vent... :D

dogfish
10-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Ouch, and I thought I had it bad. So far in our league for this board, I am currently ranked (but probably not after this week) the second highest scorer in the league (with 304 points, the leader has scored a total of 321). Each week I have played against the top scoring teams. The only reason I won in week 3 is because I was able to edge ahead by .12 points over my opponent, who happened to be second highest in points that week, behind my .12 lead :D.

Currently the points against (PA) my team is head and shoulders above the rest. My PA number so far in three weeks is 345 points. The closest team to that is 289...... :ahhhhh:

Now my team is ravaged by injury. Boldin, Ward, Maroney, but things could be worse. It sounds like your situation in your yahoo league takes the cake.... but there is my vent... :D

maroney's hurt?

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 03:03 AM
maroney's hurt?

HE was limited in practice all week, and is questionable for this game. I kept him in, in the hopes I could get something out of him since JAcobs was also hurt (I grabbed him as an FA last week), I didn't think Dunn would have much of a day against houston, and Bush was on his bye (grabbed in waivers htis week :cool:). I hope he plays this week and can do something, but I have a feeling even if he's playing, Morris and Faulk will see plenty of action as well :sad: They seem to be more pass heavy anyhow in NE this year....