PDA

View Full Version : Broncos need to make a move on Orton- Per Williamson

Northman
07-28-2011, 03:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/29434/broncos-need-to-make-a-move-on-orton

The Broncos clearly want to deal Orton, who wants to be a starter somewhere. They’ve been actively talking to Arizona and Miami for more than 48 hours in an effort to trade Orton and get on with the Tim Tebow (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=13200) era. With Arizona reportedly zoning in on a trade for Eagles’ backup Kevin Kolb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10480), the Broncos have focused on a deal with Miami for the quarterback.

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 03:15 PM
And now we can take out Arizona.....

John might think he's still running "John Elway Honda" ....:)

rationalfan
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
bill williamson aka captain obvious.

T.K.O.
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
and now that VY has been released....the broncos are losing steam on a deal.
VY has a good record and may do well in a new environment.
and can be had pretty cheap at this point:shocked:

DenBronx
07-28-2011, 04:08 PM
and now that VY has been released....the broncos are losing steam on a deal.
VY has a good record and may do well in a new environment.
and can be had pretty cheap at this point:shocked:

Yeah, if the Broncos wanted maximum value for Orton they should have traded him before the Kolb deal happened.

Makes me wonder if our rookie front office is ready for the big leagues yet.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
on the ticket they are asking "where are the moves" for Denver. The friggin Broncos are sitting on their ass and not doing shit

DenBronx
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
on the ticket they are asking "where are the moves" for Denver. The friggin Broncos are sitting on their ass and not doing shit

They didnt even consider DWill, the Mebane and Orton deals are dying down.

They had months and months to be ready. All of these guys need to be in camp by Aug 4th!

Nomad
07-28-2011, 04:28 PM

It's really nothing new, perhaps giving them the benefit of the doubt, they were concentrating getting the rookies signed the past couple days.

I don't have twitter or facebook but is Elway still open to fans comments like when he was first hired. If so, I wonder what they are saying.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
"we got a lot of talent on this football team and we can win a lot of ballgames if we get our head right" John Elway just now on the radio.

Ravage!!!
07-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Has nothing to do with the FO not knowing what they are d oing. They know value. Getting a 4th for Orton isn't worth it to them. They would rather keep Orton than that. That may not be what you want to hear, but they aren't stupid.

I want Tebow to start, but to think that the FO should just take a basket of balls to get rid of Orton isn't going to happen. Miami is counting on us just giving him away. We aren't going to give him away. See how negotiations work?

Northman
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
We should just give him away.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 04:51 PM
If Tebow isnt ready, he isnt ready. Let the best man win. We need to win now, not later. If Orton really is that much better right now, I say dont friggin trade him.

And I really rreally cant stand Orton, but I hate losing even more.

Canmore
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Has nothing to do with the FO not knowing what they are d oing. They know value. Getting a 4th for Orton isn't worth it to them. They would rather keep Orton than that. That may not be what you want to hear, but they aren't stupid.

I want Tebow to start, but to think that the FO should just take a basket of balls to get rid of Orton isn't going to happen. Miami is counting on us just giving him away. We aren't going to give him away. See how negotiations work?

Miami is finding out it is not a fire sale on Kyle Orton. I'm glad the front office is trying to get value for Orton. We may yet deal Kyle for less than we hoped, but for now it looks like we are holding firm. Hopefully this plays out well for all parties concerned, us, Miami and Kyle.

CoachChaz
07-28-2011, 05:08 PM
The real value in dealing Orton is the cap space. If we gain that space by giving him away, then maybe it can be seen as trading Orton for a 4th and Mebane

rationalfan
07-28-2011, 05:09 PM
according to klis, the hang-up on the orton deal has nothing to do with the front office in denver. it's between miami and orton's agent.

"Orton trade talks between the Broncos and Dolphins are not dead, but they don't appear to be hot, either. Contrary to reports, the hang up is more about Orton's contract than a disagreement over draft-pick compensation, according to two NFL sources."

article here: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18568906

MileHighCrew
07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Cards didn't want Orton because of 3rd down and red zone suckage
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3214/kyle-orton

SpringsBroncoFan
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Ah, the age old question...

Is it better to fold or stand pat...

I guess the bright side is lady luck could smile upon us while obtaining even more of a rep for dumping starting QB's two years in a row... :rolleyes:

broncobryce
07-28-2011, 05:56 PM
I figured it was him holding up the trade. If that's the case tell him he will be riding bench this year. He needs to work the contract out. He will get booed so bad this year he will regret it if he stops this from happening.

Stargazer
07-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I figured it was him holding up the trade. If that's the case tell him he will be riding bench this year. He needs to work the contract out. He will get booed so bad this year he will regret it if he stops this from happening.

He wants the $ and years. I could see Miami offering roster or performance bonuses, but Orton could be cut if Miami doesn't wanna pay. I'm not surprise he's the one holding out.

Clipworthy
07-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Broncos can't make it under cap currently without moving Orton or some hefty cuts, Miami knows it, that's the holdup