PDA

View Full Version : Kolb to Cardinals...what it means

cmc0605
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Just announced via nfl.com that Kevin Kolb is going to the Cards for a second round pick, plus CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Kyle Orton is of similar calibur to Kolb, and there have been rumors of giving him up for a 3rd or 4th round pick. This seems like it should allow the Broncos to demand slightly higher trade value for him...

rationalfan
07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
or the opposite. suddenly the market for orton is very small, making it a buyer's market.

part of me now feels orton goes to a team who has a QB injury in training camp.

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Insert Jim Moras rant here-

"Market???? Are you kidding me???Market......"

There is ONE team who would want him. If that doesn't define "Buyers market".... yikes.
I have a feeling Jeff Ireland just put Elway on hold again....

Mike
07-28-2011, 02:24 PM
It means the Cards are crazy.

Kevin Kolb-to-Cardinals trade done. Eagles get Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd. Kolb gets 5-year, $63.5 million deal, including $21 mil gtd.

That is freaking nuts.

turftoad
07-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Sheeesh...... I would have taken Rodgers-Cromartie straight up for Orton. They could kept thier 2nd rounder. Or vis versa.

Nomad
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Kevin Kolb-to-Cardinals trade done. Eagles get Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd. Kolb gets 5-year, $63.5 million deal, including $21 mil gtd.

That is freaking nuts.

:lol:It means Kolb just cashed in and has 21 million reasons to love Arizona!

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 02:31 PM

That is freaking nuts.

It means that the NFL has figure out that Kyle orton is not as good as his stats say he is...:mad:

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Just announced via nfl.com that Kevin Kolb is going to the Cards for a second round pick, plus CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Kyle Orton is of similar calibur to Kolb, and there have been rumors of giving him up for a 3rd or 4th round pick. This seems like it should allow the Broncos to demand slightly higher trade value for him...

Orton's value is only what other teams perceive it to be. If a team thinks he is worth "X" to them, he is then worth "X" to them. What compensation Kolb warrants has no impact on Kyle Orton. I think just goes to support what most of us already know. Kyle Orton is a simply a stop-gap QB who isn't a real playmaker and isn't going to carry a team to anything great.

Orton wanted teams to SPECIFICALLY know he wasn't a "stop-gap" and that he is seeking a multiple-year deal making $6 MILLION/year. On top of that Denver appears to have this insane belief he is worth a 2nd round draft pick...

I'm beginning to think he isn't going anywhere afterall, until someone gets hurt in camp.

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
With the new CBA still being looked at impact wise....

Miami would maybe rather go with Vince Young for 2 years...say 4-5 m million.... Rather than Orton at 5 years @ 6-8 million PLUS a 3rd or 4th... maybe holding out for a 2nd

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 02:41 PM
With the new CBA still being looked at impact wise....

Miami would maybe rather go with Vince Young for 2 years...say 4-5 m million.... Rather than Orton at 5 years @ 6-8 million PLUS a 3rd or 4th... maybe holding out for a 2nd

I would if I were them. You can do more with Vince anyway. Orton will just get killed behind that line.

Mike
07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
No way I would allow VY anywhere near my football team.

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 02:47 PM
No way I would allow VY anywhere near my football team.

If he comes cheap enough, why not?

Mike
07-28-2011, 02:49 PM
If he comes cheap enough, why not?

Dude is a headcase...and if you can't beat out 100 year old Kerry Collins, what does that say about you.

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Dude is a headcase...and if you can't beat out 100 year old Kerry Collins, what does that say about you.

When Fisher benched Collins two years ago.. he took a 0-8 team to a 6-2 finnish....

People remember that, as well as remembering a 6-0 team going 2-8

BroncoStud
07-28-2011, 02:52 PM

I think it was more of a case that Fisher didn't trust him as a leader. I would only take VY if I was desperate, but Miami should be desperate. Chad Freaking Henne is their starter and Pennington isn't playing.

jhildebrand
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Broncos asking for 2nd and 3rd. Dolphins offering 5th and 6th. These two teams are too far apart. I don't see Miami buckling and giving a 2 and 3 for Orton. I have said for months now this team would be lucky to get a 3.

Miami will wait Denver out-and that makes a lot of sense. The best option for Denver will come if there is an injury in preseason.

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
"Alex... I'll take Vince Young for 3 million "

Northman
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM

That is freaking nuts.

Certainly a lot of money but i think Kolb will do well there.

Lonestar
07-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Mickey the mope could throw to all of that talent and look good.

broncoFan!
07-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Certainly a lot of money but i think Kolb will do well there.

That's for sure. Larry Fitz to Kolb will be a nice combination. :D

Stargazer
07-28-2011, 03:06 PM
"Kolb to Cardinals...what it means"

What it means? It means Andy Reid bent over another team and screwed them. The Andy Reid who knew Kolb in college. The Andy Reid who groomed Kolb multiple years to replace McNabb. The Andy Reid who gave up on him, finally, after all these years.

Northman
07-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Mickey the mope could throw to all of that talent and look good.

Tried that last year and it didnt pan out very well.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Just cut him. **** the Dolphins and **** Kyle Orton.

Northman
07-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Just cut him. **** the Dolphins and **** Kyle Orton.

Lmao, easy Horse. We still have one day left.................:lol:

Juriga72
07-28-2011, 03:12 PM
"Kolb to Cardinals...what it means"

What it means? It means Andy Reid bent over another team and screwed them. The Andy Reid who knew Kolb in college. The Andy Reid who groomed Kolb multiple years to replace McNabb. The Andy Reid who gave up on him, finally, after all these years.

Uh.... Andy Reid has the NFL Offensive MVP at qb in Philly....

What makes a great stockbroker?? buy LOW..SELL high

HORSEPOWER 56
07-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Lmao, easy Horse. We still have one day left.................:lol:

I'm just tired of that clown wasting time and cap space on my roster. I'm tired of the trade talk, tired of the politics, tired of the bullshit. True or not, I see him as the #1 thing holding this team back. Holding back Tebow's development, holding back $9 mil we could use to improve our D-line, holding back the possible offensive plays we can run - all so he can look "sharp" in practice and like ass in real games.

I want him gone.

Stargazer
07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Uh.... Andy Reid has the NFL Offensive MVP at qb in Philly....

What makes a great stockbroker?? buy LOW..SELL high

I'm not a Vick buyer.

Chidoze
07-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Sheeesh...... I would have taken Rodgers-Cromartie straight up for Orton. They could kept thier 2nd rounder. Or vis versa.
This is my sentiments exactly. I wonder why the Broncos werent calling the Cardinals non stop to try to work that deal out?

Maybe Kolb was and always has been the target for them and not Orton.

Ravage!!!
07-28-2011, 10:48 PM
This is my sentiments exactly. I wonder why the Broncos werent calling the Cardinals non stop to try to work that deal out?

The Cardinals were NOT interested in Orton, and were known to have Kolb in their sights since last year. They feel Kolb has much more upside than Orton. The feeling on Orton is pretty simple and has been stated on the radio all day today from reporters that are covering the beats.... "Orton is a stop-gap QB"... and teams aren't looking to pay Orton as a long-term QB knowing that he's just the stop-gap.

Canmore
07-28-2011, 10:55 PM
The Cardinals were NOT interested in Orton, and were known to have Kolb in their sights since last year. They feel Kolb has much more upside than Orton. The feeling on Orton is pretty simple and has been stated on the radio all day today from reporters that are covering the beats.... "Orton is a stop-gap QB"... and teams aren't looking to pay Orton as a long-term QB knowing that he's just the stop-gap.

That is why Orton and Miami haven't come to an agreement. It appears Kyle wants to long of a deal. Orton has 9 million reasons to stay in Denver, he wants a long term deal to move.

Ravage!!!
07-28-2011, 11:00 PM
That is why Orton and Miami haven't come to an agreement. It appears Kyle wants to long of a deal. Orton has 9 million reasons to stay in Denver, he wants a long term deal to move.

Yeah. Maybe Miami will just settle to pay Orton's 8 million salary for the season :elefant:

Dzone
07-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Vince Young just signed with Philly. He will be playing a lot since Vick is a concussion waiting to happen.

FanInAZ
07-29-2011, 02:29 AM

I told you all this about 2 or 3 weeks ago.